Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
My Little Monster
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Nov 5, 2012 9:00 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
So yup, I'm not surprised that Shizuku is thinking about Chizuru a bit after last week. I smell jealousy and concern, so much that..

^Lol, bad hair day.

I also lol'd @ Haru in glasses this episode as well.

I'm liking this love triangle so far. The comedy and drama mixed in is pretty funny just like this series. I think Chizuru over exaggerates too much and takes everything too seriously. The way she snapped and over reacting.

Now for an obligatory image of cute Shizuku:

Nov 5, 2012 9:00 AM

Nov 2007
Jealously affecting Shizuku. lol~ @ her father (Koyasu-san?).

About class rep. girl trying her best to make friend and very conscious about the relations between Shizuku and Yoshida.

Showing a bit about how Shizuku's mother is busy and always no time for family time.

It seems like what class rep. girl said made Yoshida think a bit about his love toward Shizuku. Shizuku got rid of love feeling for studying...

Sporty girl wanting Shizuku to talk to her about love is lol~
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Nov 5, 2012 10:56 AM

Nov 2008
What happened?!! One step forward and two steps back? I though that Haru might do something to make her love him but it was a missed opportunity.

From the looks of this episode, it doesn't seem like the class rep will actually be an important character. There is the love triangle, but I wanted her addition to add more spice to the relationship between Harua and Mitty.
Nov 5, 2012 11:05 AM
Sep 2011
Honestly I think it would be safe to say Shizuku is the main antagonist of this show, I mean honestly she at this point is actually the thing stopping the romance from going forward between the two because of her studying obsession. She really is her own worst enemy.
Nov 5, 2012 11:22 AM

Mar 2012
I feel bad for Haru and Natsume
but I think Natsume and Sasayan look good together
too bad all the progresg is now going backwards
xxanimeeeNov 5, 2012 11:49 AM
Nov 5, 2012 11:29 AM

Jun 2008
I was kind of disappointed that Oshima/Oyama was cut out of the episode, she's been my favorite character so far (and not just because of her voice). Still a good episode, though, one of the better ones for this show.
Nov 5, 2012 11:30 AM

Oct 2012
Good episode, but not better than the others.
Seeing how they are progressing, i don't think they will get to the manga chapter that i wanted =(.
Nov 5, 2012 12:05 PM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
I wonder how long Shizuku and Haru can keep the cat and mouse thing going on. They really need to take the next step.
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

Nov 5, 2012 12:24 PM

Mar 2009
Oshima- Do you have any balls?!?
Haru- I do!! Right Shizuru?
Mitty- Don't ask me!!!
Natsume- He did...

LOL I was laughing so hard here LMAO.

Awesome episode! I think Mitty's problem stems from her mom's message that morning, "Are you still studying?". Mitty's got some Momma issues here, I think she thinks her mother won't approve of her being in love so she's lying to herself about Haru.

Can't wait for next week's
Cat Love

Nov 5, 2012 12:41 PM
Sep 2012
Can anyone make a .gif of Natsume shaking behind the white board? Hilarious.
Dreams, tears, and blood.
Nov 5, 2012 12:46 PM

May 2011
I sense love rivalry here.

and LOL @ President antics there. She's really cute there.
Nov 5, 2012 12:51 PM
Aug 2012
I like the "balls" part the most. Just LOL
Nov 5, 2012 12:57 PM

Jul 2012
Shizuku
waht you doin
Shizuku
STAHP!

If you really want to fit in, just put Legend of the Galactic Heroes in your top 5 and have it be the only 10-rated anime in your list.
Nov 5, 2012 1:01 PM

Jun 2012
did someone else noticed the weird quality of this episode...?

- I only draw freestyle! -
Nov 5, 2012 1:03 PM

Jul 2010
Chizuru asking Haru if he had balls was pretty damn funny.
Nov 5, 2012 1:08 PM

Aug 2009
1/2 WAS SOO FUNNY! ^^

But the ending was so vague ;__;

Open endings like this make me want to just read the manga to find out what happens x.x );
Nov 5, 2012 1:21 PM
Anime DB Admin
BACK FOR MORE?

Jan 2007
How the class president isn't constantly surrounded by guys is incomprehensible.

staff.applications  
guidelines.faq 

report.abuse  

thx.skittles  
thx.kina 

[H+] ³  
Nov 5, 2012 1:24 PM
Sep 2012
uniquelyme91 said:
Oshima- Do you have any balls?!?
Haru- I do!! Right Shizuru?
Mitty- Don't ask me!!!
Natsume- He did...

LOL I was laughing so hard here LMAO.
I was died of laughter when that part came. Can't say that Haru didn't deserve that since he's too dense to understand Shisuku's feelings.

And good for Shizuku for not waiting around for Haru to confess to her. It's Haru's fault as well since he didn't act on it when Shizuku confessed to him. How ironic that it took Shizuku falling out of love with him that Haru is finally realizing his true feelings fer her.

Poor Oshima. The truth hurts. lol
Nov 5, 2012 1:31 PM

Aug 2010
The start of the episode was funny, the second half was a little strange.
Nov 5, 2012 1:41 PM

Nov 2009
I sense some weird foreshadowing in the second half of this episode, was it just me? o_o
Nov 5, 2012 1:45 PM
Mar 2012
Hm, the one in love turning away just as the other is falling in love... might be a little overdone.

Ah, Shizuku... I've been wishing for half of my life that I could just turn my feelings off, be it love or hate, and just go on with life. I'd be jealous if I didn't know that it doesn't work like that. *sigh*
Nov 5, 2012 1:47 PM

Jul 2010
SORE DEMO KINTAMA TSUITEN NO KAAAA!!!!!!!!
Hehehe, I love that line. Haven't I heard this from somewhere...? :)

Pretty anticlimactic ep imo, but good for a first of a two-parter, if it is. Basing from the title of the next ep, it probably is. And no, don't spoil, because I don't read.
The big brown fox jumps over the lazy dog
Nov 5, 2012 1:50 PM

Apr 2012
Elite60 said:
Chizuru asking Haru if he had balls was pretty damn funny.

I couldn't stop laughing at this one.
Dies Irae! :)
Nov 5, 2012 2:13 PM

Aug 2012
Okay ep, not as good as usual though. Not too interested in Oyama
Nov 5, 2012 2:14 PM

Dec 2011
Mitty is so radical. She is having emotional swings.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Nov 5, 2012 2:39 PM

Mar 2012
Don't lie to yourself, Mitty. It's unhealthy.
LoneWolf said:
@Josh makes me sad to call myself Canadian.
Nov 5, 2012 2:54 PM
Jun 2012
I wanna know what haru is thinking. Since he over reacts a lot. :S
next weeks episode needs to come sooner
Nov 5, 2012 2:56 PM
めんどくさい

Sep 2011
Nordhau5 said:

I have my books and my poetry to protect me
I am shielded in my armor, hiding in my room, safe within my womb
I touch no one and no one touches me
I am a rock, I am an island
-- Paul Simon
Nov 5, 2012 3:02 PM

Jul 2010
Ok, that was hilarious as ever LMAO.Best part of episode was Haru asking Shizuku if he have any balls XD and dat priceless Shizuku reaction.I died.
Anyway, things arent looking good.I mean...they look too normal, at least Shizuku, who i guess denies her feelings towards Haru.MITTY! stop that plawks.
Oh, and i expected to be hater of class rep, but to be honest shes funny xD.

10/5.
Nov 5, 2012 3:29 PM

Mar 2012
Cratex said:
Nordhau5 said:

I have my books and my poetry to protect me
I am shielded in my armor, hiding in my room, safe within my womb
I touch no one and no one touches me
I am a rock, I am an island
-- Paul Simon

Go on.
LoneWolf said:
@Josh makes me sad to call myself Canadian.
Nov 5, 2012 3:45 PM

Oct 2012
It's official. Oshima is my new favorite character. Damn she's funny.
Nov 5, 2012 3:46 PM

Jan 2011
another wonderfully done episode lol was laughing the whole time

Poor Natsume feeling left out
Nov 5, 2012 3:47 PM

Aug 2011
Dammit, both of them just need to hook up like Sasayan said.
Nov 5, 2012 4:00 PM

Sep 2012
Not the best episode so far but still really good. Of course I felt disappointment that Shizuku felt she had to pull back her relationship with Haru to concentrate on her studying but that is her nature after all. Change is difficult and in truth it is the right thing to do, getting good grades so she can go onto a good school later really is more important at that time of her life. I almost ruined my last year of high school because of a girl, never did understand calculus properly after that! LOL
Nov 5, 2012 4:07 PM

Sep 2011
hpulley said:
Not the best episode so far but still really good. Of course I felt disappointment that Shizuku felt she had to pull back her relationship with Haru to concentrate on her studying but that is her nature after all. Change is difficult and in truth it is the right thing to do, getting good grades so she can go onto a good school later really is more important at that time of her life. I almost ruined my last year of high school because of a girl, never did understand calculus properly after that! LOL

hmmm ... Calculus ... Girl .. Calculus .. Girl.

Which to choose?

Joking aside, I can see why she did what she did, even if lying to yourself is silly. Emotionally she was feeling all screwed up, especially with the introduction of glasses girl. Unfortunately what the anime didn't really portray well was the conflict she was also having within herself about how to make Haru 'fall' for her as he had previously said he didn't like her the same way.
Nov 5, 2012 4:21 PM

Nov 2009
beautiful episode, Tonari is one of a few ani that makes me enjoy every single of episode. 13ep are just too short.

Class rep ... it's like she couldn't control her emotions and let it burst out. Haha pretty damn funny "Haru do you have balls or not?"
Nov 5, 2012 4:23 PM

Sep 2012
well i see a ignoring episode coming where haru distances himself from her and that girl will the glasses steps up to the plate is what i see coming

Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Nov 5, 2012 4:27 PM

Jan 2008
I'm actually liking Chizuru, though I wished she wasn't a third wheel.
Nov 5, 2012 4:29 PM

May 2008
MITTY NO BAKA BAKA ! - by Natsume-chan

I dont know what to say about this episode. Shizuku needs to realize that studying isnt everything , or she will end up like her mother that works all the time and doesnt spend time with her family . It really sucks too cause Haru was just about the find out his feelings for her , now we are going to go back into a never ending cycle.

Awesome Sig by Lailide
Nov 5, 2012 4:42 PM

Dec 2010
Great episode, this really has been a consistently awesome series, look forward to it every week.
Nov 5, 2012 5:31 PM

Aug 2012
ROFL,, BALLS
Nov 5, 2012 5:49 PM

Oct 2008
There was so much progress and now... POOF! The great wall of Shizuku has been raised!

Aside from that, this episode was downright hilarious. Character expressions and timing for jokes were perfect.

So many great moments!
Shizuku's hair
Natsume confronting Shizuku about Haru's encounter with Prez
Haru's talk with Prez on the stairs
Natsume hiding behind the chalkboard
Prez's "balls" comment and Natsume's reaction
Natsume trying to get the scoop on Haru and Shizuku's "date"

Natsume was just gold this episode.

Things looked pretty serious at the end though. Now that we have Haru's backstory, we're going into Shizuku's side now. Faster your seat-belts, we're going into the deep zone.

All three shoujo this fall shows just kept one upping each other. This is great.

Totally random thing:
When Natsume and Sasayan were playing badminton, Natsume shouted "Rolling Thunder"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H2AACwrkads&hd=1#t=3m51s

Mod Edit: Removed quote that only contained a reaction image (spam).
LunaNov 16, 2012 9:37 AM
Nov 5, 2012 5:52 PM
Jun 2008
well give bit like hmm yea class rep glasses girl slowing falling for haru but give bit shy, no friends, & see shizuku as a challenge for haru.

then even all doing ask if haru got balls everyone go white bit shy overload kana-hana.

look at bit shizuku's past oh library with shizuku & haru give saying she more into her study than date & etc with add in wonder how did laptop comp girl even got into high school?
LIVING THE GS-LIFESTYLE
MR.GS
JUST ON THE JOURNEY THROUGH THE ANIME WORLD
THE KLAC OF ANIME WORLD
you either with ANIME http://myanimelist.net/clubs.php?cid=24159 or against the anime
Nov 5, 2012 5:59 PM

Jan 2011
Well I think we know where Shizuku got her priorities and attitude towards life from. Unfortunately, no matter how hard she studies, I don't think she's going to get the attention from her mother that she craves.
Please don't feed the trolls!
In my next life I want to collide at the corner with the cute transfer student
carrying a piece of toast in her mouth
...rodac

Nov 5, 2012 6:44 PM

Aug 2008
Aw mah gawd, I absolutely love the reactions these characters give.

I'll never forget Class Rep's "huh? eh oy ehhhhhhhhhhhhh" after Shizuku told Haru why she kept ignoring him. And balls.
Nov 5, 2012 6:59 PM

May 2009
I think this episode was cute, funny and kind of confusing. But none the less cute! Since she just told him that she is not attracted to him, I wonder if he is now going to try and like confess his feelings to her or something. I mean he shouldn't be shocked or anything, he did reject her when she confessed to him.

I think she got jealous to the point she didn't know how to handle it and decided that it would be best to not worry about him or her feelings and go back to focusing on her studies. I don't think this anime is taking any steps back. Had it not happened this way, it would have been another anime where the girl is chasing the guy!
Nov 5, 2012 7:33 PM

Jul 2012
This episode felt weirdly long. I'm curious to know how the rivalry will develop... Interesting to see the inner workings of the class rep.
My Anime Blog: http://www.Entravity.com/
Episodic overviews of the latest anime.

Nov 5, 2012 7:57 PM
Sep 2012
A-lot of development in this episode, well its half way through the series so i guess it was the time for changes. I rofl'd when Haru was so clueless about the egg prank.
Nov 5, 2012 8:10 PM

Aug 2012
Awesome Episode.
But I Didn't Really Like The Ending.
Shizuku Now Just Thinks Haru As An Distraction, Doesn't She?
Nov 5, 2012 8:20 PM

Jun 2009
Shizuku i'm gonna punch you I swear.

Natsume makes the whole show more enjoyable! I love her sldkfjalsdk
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Tonari no Kaibutsu-kun Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Dec 24, 2012

478 by Prevesis »»
Apr 18, 1:30 PM

Poll: » Is there going to be a season 2? ( 1 2 )

SalemWitch - Apr 2, 2013

63 by lixiuyue »»
Dec 23, 2023 7:57 AM

Poll: » Tonari no Kaibutsu-kun Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Oct 1, 2012

463 by LANNYPOOPOODONG »»
Oct 20, 2023 7:06 AM

Poll: » Tonari no Kaibutsu-kun Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Dec 10, 2012

165 by ccrr »»
Aug 19, 2023 10:34 PM

Poll: » Tonari no Kaibutsu-kun Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Nov 26, 2012

186 by mirsips »»
Jul 24, 2023 4:11 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.