Forum Settings
Forums
Sword Art Online: Aincrad
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Nov 2, 2012 9:20 AM

Feb 2012
THIS IS A MANGA ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS ANYTHING BEYOND THIS CHAPTER.
----------------------------------------
Thank god it's over, it simply sucked.

I noticed that Kirito wasn't saved by Yui, how was it in the novel?

Kayaba still makes no sense, he let thousands of people die but for what?
Nov 2, 2012 11:35 AM

Feb 2009
I still liked it even if it made little sense. Kayaba said they overcame the limits of the system. That's it.

This basically covered the whole of volume 1 and what the anime should have done instead of making it chronological. The mistake however is mentioning Yui since she wasn't mentioned in volume 1. It's like this manga skipped several chapters about Yui and then mentioning her out of nowhere just like that.

Kayaba's dream was simple: he wanted to make a new reality which is a floating castle. Simple. He really didn't care about the casualties or anything. All he cares for is the new reality called Aincrad and making it as realistic as possible by adding all the perks including the death penalty. The moment he started the game, his goal was complete. He will just participate as Heathcliff and be the big boss in the top floor but that was foiled by Kirito. Nonetheless, he was smiling even if the game was cleared 3/4 of the way.

So is this really the end of the Aincrad arc? Or are they gonna continue with volume 2 for the side stories with Silica, Liz, Yui and Sachi?
If they aren't then I'll be asking the mods to mark this as 11 chapters.
Also, I need to submit a new entry for Fairy Dance.
Nov 2, 2012 1:05 PM

Feb 2012
According to the scanlation group this was the end, so I took the liberty to edit the info, looks like the mods aprroved it.

You mean the manga adaptation for Fairy Dance?
ZhouNov 2, 2012 1:11 PM
Nov 2, 2012 1:49 PM

Jan 2011
Most of the scenes were better executed here than in the anime, so I can give the manga a credit for that. I liked it overall, the art was a little too shallow but pretty stuff. The story unfortunately still have a lot of issues (not worth mentioning) and lack of development, so a solid 4/10 will do.
Nov 7, 2012 4:36 AM

Jan 2008
I have to say I was fairly disappointed. The concept and the beginning of the story is just fantastic, however it really feels though as the end was rushed and not thought through at all.

If I rated it solely on the beginning it would get 7/10, however if rate it on the whole plot then it would get 3/10. In short the beginning gives you high hopes and they are crushed in the end. I am really sorry I cannot give it more credit then this.
Jun 4, 2013 5:24 AM

May 2012
Bad artwork.
Isayama Hajime should be awarded The Manga with The Highest Inconsistencies of Characters' Appearances.
He keeps performing multiple plastic surgeries on those Shingeki No Kyojin characters in a SINGLE chapter.
Yes, I've read up to the latest chapter of Shingeki No Kyojin manga.
Forced myself to read through the kidsketching chapters after the anime's ended. At least from now on, I only have to go through the hell once a month.
Patiently awaiting SNK TV/movie/OVA anime-sequel.
The 2015 SNK live-action movie would probably suck.
Sep 12, 2013 9:49 AM
May 2013
I'm glad is finally over. I couldn't stand that
Shirubaasouru said:
Bad artwork.

More topics from this board

» Chapter 12 yet released?

qEagleStrikerp - Jun 27, 2014

0 by qEagleStrikerp »»
Jun 27, 2014 2:41 PM

» SAO Deserved Hatedom or Overpopularity?

removed-user - Oct 8, 2013

1 by HalfMetalPriest »»
Oct 8, 2013 2:38 AM

Poll: » Sword Art Online Chapter 1 Discussion

TrueUchiha - Dec 26, 2010

10 by Casura »»
Jul 29, 2013 2:20 PM

» Will SAO get an english manga released?

kurokoao - Apr 1, 2013

3 by Luna »»
Apr 1, 2013 10:07 AM

» About the anime, LN and manga.

sorlaker - Dec 13, 2012

4 by JayArcher »»
Feb 23, 2013 10:22 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.