Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
My Little Monster
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »
Oct 29, 2012 6:55 PM
Jun 2008
well more going on he said she said seem be more hmm to see.

yea give haru's brother "reason" give cause haru's dad want haru back give "probs" still hmm more going on it.

yea haru & shizuru going hmm but now look shy glasses girl of kana hana seem now looking to shy seeing of haru.

& samurai part indeed that a BLAM part.
LIVING THE GS-LIFESTYLE
MR.GS
JUST ON THE JOURNEY THROUGH THE ANIME WORLD
THE KLAC OF ANIME WORLD
you either with ANIME http://myanimelist.net/clubs.php?cid=24159 or against the anime
Oct 29, 2012 7:11 PM

Aug 2008
shanimebib said:
Kurini said:
And there are actually 42 chapters right now, but I don't think it would get a season 2 that easily because I don't think there are not enough materials to make a "good" sequel yet. There are a lot of things that are not settle yet.

So the manga is in 42nd chapter! Where are we right now in the anime compared to the manga? I am confident this one will sell a lot, just like Natsume! If we don't have a sequel I will be really really sad. :(

actually, they are only at ch. 7 XD
One episode is one chapter. XD
Well, that was my opinion, I don't really know how the season 2 will be but I'm sure they can't not really go to the most complicated part (which is the most interesting imo) with 2 seasons of 13 episodes each if they continue like that! XD

I do want a season 2 but I think it's better to wait for the manga to finish. :)
Oct 29, 2012 7:22 PM

Jul 2012
This was really good episode we got to find more about Haur and yauuzan past lol at the movie trailer
Oct 29, 2012 7:27 PM

Nov 2007
Kurini said:
shanimebib said:
Kurini said:
And there are actually 42 chapters right now, but I don't think it would get a season 2 that easily because I don't think there are not enough materials to make a "good" sequel yet. There are a lot of things that are not settle yet.

So the manga is in 42nd chapter! Where are we right now in the anime compared to the manga? I am confident this one will sell a lot, just like Natsume! If we don't have a sequel I will be really really sad. :(

actually, they are only at ch. 7 XD
One episode is one chapter. XD
Well, that was my opinion, I don't really know how the season 2 will be but I'm sure they can't not really go to the most complicated part (which is the most interesting imo) with 2 seasons of 13 episodes each if they continue like that! XD

I do want a season 2 but I think it's better to wait for the manga to finish. :)

Only 7th chapter! I want 4 seasons now!

Well Brains Base is doing some amazing thing with Natsume Yuujinchou for quite a while now! So, to be honest, I wouldn't mind waiting for the anime to have its sequel. Since it's Brains Base, I have my hopes right on top of the cliff! I hope I don't take a fall from there! :P

Rewatched the episode again! I think this is the only anime that started in fall is worth watching at least twice for each and every episode. :)

Natsume is so cute even when she caught a cold. I wouldn't mind catching it from her! Amazing that it is Tanezaki Atsumi's very first role as a seiyuu! She is so damn talented!
Stay Home and Wash Your Hands.
Protect Yourself. Protect Your Loved Ones.
Protect Your Community and Help Defeat
Coronavirus.
Oct 29, 2012 7:32 PM

Oct 2011
SteinsGate said:
AiCon said:
This episode has so many great moments, I don't really know where to begin.

I always get a kick when ever I see Haru turn a normal sistuation into an embarrassing one by saying things in front of the other students that makes Shizuku embarrassed. Oh, the look on her face. lol

I knew that Yuuzan would steal Shizuku the moment we saw him at school. The look on Haru's face when Yuuzan sent him that picture with him and Shizuku was so funny. It's nice to know that after chasing after Haru all this time it's nice to know Yuuzan is actually looking out for Haru.

Poor Natsume. Everyone shunned her a bit when she told them that she had a cold so she put on that mask. Don't worry Natsume, I still like you. It was also a touching moment when they told each other that they didn't want anything else but each other.

Looks like Shizuku has a new rival.

That trailer in the end... lmao :)

Simply the best show of the season.

Agreed.

AGREED TOO !
Oct 29, 2012 8:00 PM

Aug 2011
SHE GOT COMPETITIOOONNNNN
Oct 29, 2012 8:16 PM
Luny Tunes

Feb 2012
So Kana Hanazawa....errr...Chizuru (xD) fell in love with Haru too, huh? Uh-oh...

That preview took me by surprise, lol. Oh, and not enough Natsume in this episode. >.<
Oct 29, 2012 8:32 PM

Aug 2012
A pretty good episode.
Nothing too special.
Oct 29, 2012 8:37 PM

Aug 2010
Natsume was cute with her fever.
Oct 29, 2012 8:55 PM

Mar 2012
Even though this episode was rather tame in the humour department, there was a lot of needed development. Didn't mind the change of pace at all and besides, now there is plenty to build craziness upon in the coming eps.
LoneWolf said:
@Josh makes me sad to call myself Canadian.
Oct 29, 2012 9:08 PM

Jul 2012
Development after development. Interesting stuff going on.
My Anime Blog: http://www.Entravity.com/
Episodic overviews of the latest anime.

Oct 29, 2012 9:28 PM

Aug 2009
Ugh, can the "movie" please happen? Please?
Oct 29, 2012 10:06 PM
Nov 2009
I'm surprised by how much I like this show. I really am.
Oct 29, 2012 10:10 PM
Oct 2012
I loved this episode. I was glad that Shizuku wasn't letting Haru tell her what to do. Hooray for strong female characters! I was hoping there would be a date though. Oh well, maybe another episode.
I'm surprised that I like this show too, usually I don't like shoujos.
Oct 29, 2012 10:39 PM

Jul 2010
Haru and his older brother Yuzan so cute yet VA by Yuuichi Nakamura I recognized it.
Ahh so cute!!hanging out with Shizuku and eating doughnuts!!
I think this episode was really funny...
Wish to see this even more ...
The new love rival, she's just messing around
Me going girl, Chizu he's ONLY got eyes for Shizuku
Kind of feel bad for her...
Overall the blush part thought something dirty( oh that kind of touch)
Epic!!
Oct 29, 2012 11:26 PM

Aug 2011
A wild rival appears.

HanaKana always voices shy megane characters. Anri from DRRR, Miyano from B Gata H Kei, and now class rep!
Oct 29, 2012 11:27 PM

Sep 2010
Yuzan talking on and on about sweets and Shizuku was like staring blankly in the distance. xD
"What has two arms, two legs, and is alive? Not your favorite character lol! xD"
Oct 30, 2012 12:05 AM

May 2010
Wonderful episode had me smileing the whole time, and so the triangle is formed.
Oct 30, 2012 12:33 AM

Nov 2011
This show is overrated, dont get me wrong, its good just overrated

Join the MSP Club for an in-depth look at score progressions and other stats of currently airing anime
Oct 30, 2012 1:08 AM

Nov 2011
Can someone message me what kind of song was played in the middle of the romance scenes? I really do enjoy the melody of the song, thanks!
Oct 30, 2012 1:09 AM

Mar 2009
Cuteness overload...
Oct 30, 2012 2:48 AM

Jul 2011
Hmm... girl with glasses is somehow interesting.
Maybe we get more info about her in next episodes :o

Anyway, this episode was good.

"A half moon, it has a dark half and a bright half, just like me…", Yuno Gasai
Oct 30, 2012 3:38 AM

Sep 2012
Zee530 said:

You overrate your opinion.

Anyway, for me, this anime's greatest strength is the comedy, and when there isn't much comedy, I don't appreciate it as much. So, this episode was rather tame compared to the other.
Oct 30, 2012 4:45 AM
Aug 2012
Loved this episode. Developed quite a few characters 5/5 .
Oct 30, 2012 7:23 AM

Aug 2007
O.o family problems.Maybe at the end of the anime wull be a family fight.
Oct 30, 2012 10:03 AM
Nov 2011
Hmmmmmmmmmm...

That part when Yamaken brings down Shizuku with his "Ane-san"... a good way to give spoilers if you think about it a little.
"Often times words are uttered that stand directly opposed to what the heart is feeling. I believe, in spite o whatever harsh words are spoken, the concealed heart wants to embrace everyone"
Oct 30, 2012 10:06 AM

Nov 2011
SetsukoHara said:
Zee530 said:

You overrate your opinion.

Anyway, for me, this anime's greatest strength is the comedy, and when there isn't much comedy, I don't appreciate it as much. So, this episode was rather tame compared to the other.

I'm talking about the score, 8.41 is wayyy too high for what i've seen so far

Join the MSP Club for an in-depth look at score progressions and other stats of currently airing anime
Oct 30, 2012 10:27 AM

Mar 2008
if you think so ; )
whenever i think of "overrated anime", the 1 anime that always comes to mind is Katekyo Hitman Reborn
garbage.

Tonari no Kaibutsu-kun = amazing
and as i stated before, please dont make yamaken haru's "love rival", dont make anyone a "love rival"

would be so annoying, i hate boring predictable shit like that
and as ive already said, i'd hate it even more if shizuku would develop "feelings" for haru's rival (if there'll even be one), or blushes because of him or w/e...
so dont turn shizuku into a slut, haru x shizuku ! ^^
Oct 30, 2012 10:40 AM

Apr 2010
That preview was amazing seeing Shizuku as a member of the Yakuza was funny.

Anyway what are Haru's father and brother trying to accomplice by bringing Haru back after he got kicked out in the first place?
It also sound like Haru's father was very influential since he wants to put Haru in a school where he had influence.
Does he even realise that Shizuku was the reason why he went to school in the first place.

And a rival appeared for Shizuku next week might be pretty interesting.
Oct 30, 2012 10:44 AM

Nov 2008
So Ooshima has shown up, and were getting closer to seeing more of Yamaken. I really like his interactions with Shizuku, so hopefully all those moments show up. I think I like him just as much as I like Haru : )
I am a sucker for romance!!!!
]

Oct 30, 2012 10:45 AM

Jun 2008
I really like Haru and Yuzan :'D
Oct 30, 2012 10:54 AM

Oct 2010
Okay, everyone is so perf. I love this to bits. ♥ ♥ ♥

THAT TRAILER, THOUGH. IT INTRIGUES ME.
[insert awesome signature here]
Oct 30, 2012 11:34 AM

Mar 2008
SephiriAzure said:
So Ooshima has shown up, and were getting closer to seeing more of Yamaken. I really like his interactions with Shizuku, so hopefully all those moments show up. I think I like him just as much as I like Haru : )

will yamaken become haru's "love rival", also developing feelings or w/e for shizuku?
please put it in a spoiler
Oct 30, 2012 11:49 AM

Jun 2009
Another lovely episode. The anime adaption of the manga is really good so far imo. Can't wait till we get deeper in the story. This episode lacked Natsume though, but we'll alot of her soon hopefully. Shizuku meeting Ooshima was well animated. That glance Ò-Ò
Oct 30, 2012 11:54 AM

Nov 2011
Romeo said:
if you think so ; )
whenever i think of "overrated anime", the 1 anime that always comes to mind is Katekyo Hitman Reborn
garbage.

Thinking about the best show this season, i'd say either this, chuunibyou or sakurasou, i cant decide which is better, they all seem great but the distance in terms of score it has on the others is huge, thats why i said overrated, i think alittle over 8.0 is okay, the last show i watched that reached 8.4 by ep 4 was kuroko no basket and u have to say that it deserved it, this show, not so much.

Oct 30, 2012 12:30 PM

Mar 2008
well, it all comes down to personal preference
i for one would say that Tonari no Kaibutsu-kun is better than chuunibyou (which im also enjoying), and the others, probably quite a bit (currently) - at least for me.

but to each his own!

but since it's always about personal preference, this always happens, right?
i mean.. Tonari no Kaibutsu-kun is currently #130 (after just 4 episodes, pretty high), but for me.. there probably are a few shows in the top 130 which shouldn't even make it in the top 500
(like Katekyo Hitman Reborn, i mean.. seriously - i watched 5 episodes and all i can say is: torture... worse than naruto/bleach fillers, which says a lot - at least in my opinion)

take sword art online for example
im enjoying it, its a nice anime, very relaxing to watch, but did it seriously deserve 8.62 #51 ?
i dont think so ;) - but others will think differently obviously

i haven't watched many romance-shoujo-school-comedy anime, but even i can tell that Tonari no Kaibutsu-kun isn't your typical romance-shoujo-anime
take the pacing for example, after just 2 episodes we've already got love confessions from both the protagonists - if i remember correctly
of course that doesn't automatically mean it deserves such a high score, but i think there are many things Tonari no Kaibutsu-Kun is doing differently and at the sime time very well, im enjoying the anime and therefore can't complain about the score
RomeoOct 30, 2012 12:37 PM
Oct 30, 2012 1:00 PM

Sep 2012
Romeo said:

i haven't watched many romance-shoujo-school-comedy anime, but even i can tell that Tonari no Kaibutsu-kun isn't your typical romance-shoujo-anime
take the pacing for example, after just 2 episodes we've already got love confessions from both the protagonists

That was subverted, Haru's love confession wasn't a real one, since he doesn't really love Shizuku.
Oct 30, 2012 1:12 PM

Jun 2010
Hm, I wonder what Haru did, in order for his father to kick him out. Surely, he is a troublemaker, but he must have done something serious.
Oct 30, 2012 1:13 PM

Mar 2008
that doesnt really matter since i was just trying to point out that this anime is different

and both things would be quite unusual for your typical romance-shoujo anime
whether he confessed his love in episode 1 (and shizuku in ep2) or he confessed his love in ep1 and 2ep's later he "corrects" himself by saying he doesn't really love shizuku
both quite unusual

but well w/e, just 1 of the many things which make this anime an unique experience imo
of course it's not my favorite anime, but im enjoying it : )
Oct 30, 2012 2:40 PM

Nov 2009
Oh god those blushies were killing me this episode! So cute! Too cute!

Episode needed more Asako though. Every episode ever needs more Asako. Always.

What "Adolescence" do you have?
Do you remember "Childhood"?
The irreplaceable one existed there.

Oct 30, 2012 2:50 PM
The Priest Esser

Nov 2011
I hate his brother already.
idk why I was here but I'm prob back to playing Dragon's Dogma 2 again when you read this

Oct 30, 2012 3:06 PM

Oct 2008
MeleDeGame said:
I hate his brother already.

We haven't heard the end of Yuuzan for sure.
Nothing can stop the Shizuku x Haru train!
Oct 30, 2012 3:43 PM

Oct 2009
mity 4ever~ ^^ !

ssf4ae (pc) : misterCybou
sc2 : CybE // 665
Oct 30, 2012 5:31 PM

Aug 2011
Another great episode.

LOL random trailer @ the end. I'd totally watch that movie.
Oct 30, 2012 5:38 PM

Jun 2012
Zee530 said:
Romeo said:
if you think so ; )
garbage.

Thinking about the best show this season, i'd say either this, chuunibyou or sakurasou, i cant decide which is better, they all seem great but the distance in terms of score it has on the others is huge, thats why i said overrated, i think alittle over 8.0 is okay, the last show i watched that reached 8.4 by ep 4 was kuroko no basket and u have to say that it deserved it, this show, not so much.

Can´t really agree, I thought Kuroko was pretty much overrated, but I guess it can´t be helped since my opinion became biased after seeing other basketball animes like Slam Dunk. But Kaibitsu on the other hand I think it deserves the score the only anime that I think it's similar it's Kaichou and the two don't lose to each other.
Oct 30, 2012 5:52 PM
Oct 2012
Loved episode 5 !!!
I really like it how yuuzan uses shizuku to get haru to talk to him and this haru thinks hes going to do something to shizuku and like rushes over their haha ~! i wish i had someone like haru around protecting me aswell :D shizuku sure is lucky ^.^ how much i wish i was an anime character :DDD
Oct 30, 2012 5:58 PM

Dec 2011
God god, this anime is so good!

I cannot believe it has maintained this level of quality so far. If it keeps up I think that it will be THE best show of the season.

I think Haru's dad is some famous politician or business man or something.

peace

Oct 30, 2012 6:51 PM

Oct 2012
i may sound stupid
but i wonder is a romance like that really exists
all around me is just madness
i miss to feel like that =)

anyway... great episode, i cant wait to see what happens next =)
Oct 30, 2012 7:09 PM

May 2008
HARUNOSUKE!!!!!, OSHIZU!!!!!

Awesome Sig by Lailide
Oct 30, 2012 8:09 PM
Observer

Nov 2007
HNNNNG.

Oh man great adaptation.
bla bla bla
The endless debate between fans and haters. At one point, after spending a lot of time on MAL, you just realize it's totally pointless.
Niko-kun said:
On MAL, everyone who has used the lame rating system becomes a critic and an intellectual by default, haven't you heard?
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Is there going to be a season 2? ( 1 2 )

SalemWitch - Apr 2, 2013

64 by Note_Rikka »»
May 1, 6:01 PM

Poll: » Tonari no Kaibutsu-kun Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Dec 24, 2012

478 by Prevesis »»
Apr 18, 1:30 PM

Poll: » Tonari no Kaibutsu-kun Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Oct 1, 2012

463 by LANNYPOOPOODONG »»
Oct 20, 2023 7:06 AM

Poll: » Tonari no Kaibutsu-kun Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Nov 5, 2012

165 by waalex11 »»
Sep 12, 2023 7:42 PM

Poll: » Tonari no Kaibutsu-kun Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Dec 10, 2012

165 by ccrr »»
Aug 19, 2023 10:34 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.