Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
My Little Monster
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »
Oct 30, 2012 9:25 PM

Oct 2012
I can't list everything I liked about this episode because I loved all of it.
ANNNGHGGGHGNHGH.

Gosh. The episode trailer. My Little Gangbanger. AHAHAHA.
Oct 30, 2012 10:50 PM

Nov 2009
my little....gangbanger? hahahah loved it
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 30, 2012 10:50 PM

Nov 2009
my little....gangbanger? hahahah loved it
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 30, 2012 11:29 PM

Sep 2012
Romeo said:
SephiriAzure said:
So Ooshima has shown up, and were getting closer to seeing more of Yamaken. I really like his interactions with Shizuku, so hopefully all those moments show up. I think I like him just as much as I like Haru : )

will yamaken become haru's "love rival", also developing feelings or w/e for shizuku?
please put it in a spoiler

Eilzhaise said:
Ugh, can the "movie" please happen? Please?

I want it to happen too. =D

Yui_Haruna said:
Hmmmmmmmmmm...
Tonari no Kaibutsu-kun = amazing
and as i stated before, please dont make yamaken haru's "love rival", dont make anyone a "love rival"

would be so annoying, i hate boring predictable shit like that
and as ive already said, i'd hate it even more if shizuku would develop "feelings" for haru's rival (if there'll even be one), or blushes because of him or w/e...
so dont turn shizuku into a slut, haru x shizuku ! ^^

Well...
I can assure you that she's not going to be a 'slut', but regarding Yamaken...
rainbowcakesNov 4, 2012 4:15 AM
Oct 31, 2012 12:56 AM
May 2012
Whoa slut shaming, let's not go there.
Oct 31, 2012 5:08 AM
Jul 2018
Nice episode,seems next one will be dramatic.
Oct 31, 2012 6:27 AM

Feb 2012
That girl with glasses is so cute, but Haru is obviously meant to be with Shizuku, they have such a strong chemistry. I'm looking forward to the next ep, I want to see if Shizuku gets jealous (I bet she will).
The only thing you can rely on is that you can't rely on anything.
Oct 31, 2012 8:52 AM

Jan 2011
That preview, damn stupid chicken made my day.
Class president girl seems to love Haru too, but I knew that'll never happen.
That movie(?) trailer was pretty funny, I wonder if it's real.
I'm looking forward to more.
I almost never read discussions after I made my post, if you want to reply PM me or post on my profile page.
Oct 31, 2012 11:54 AM

Jul 2011
Damn, Anri from DRR!!? what is she doing in this anime? But damn I love this show, anime of the season for me so far
Oct 31, 2012 5:03 PM

Oct 2012
that look was tense
Oct 31, 2012 6:59 PM

Jul 2012
That movie trailer at the end was hilarious, 10/10 would watch...
Oct 31, 2012 10:12 PM

Jun 2012
That was a good episode, although I am really confused. Because he was talking fora long time, I didn't quite understand what the conflict was and what promise Haru made. I feel like I'm missing something important now..
As for the series in general, it really reminds me more and more of Lovely Complex, more casual romance with comedy and two similar characters as lovers.
4/5

Oct 31, 2012 10:13 PM

Jun 2012
Aerbage said:
ClementIV said:
I was looking forward to the date with the usual comedic antics, but at least we got some plot.

The class rep reminds me of Anri from Durarara.

My favorite part was the "movie trailer," it actually looked pretty good!

This.

I was thinking the same thing about the class representative resembling Anri.

Nov 1, 2012 1:46 AM
Sep 2009
Chizuru > Shizuku
Nov 1, 2012 9:17 AM

Nov 2008
Obviously the class rep has fallen in love with Haru. I reckon a number of love triangles coming up..
Nov 1, 2012 10:16 AM

Apr 2011
Please, NTR, please!!

There are so many vanilla but soooo little NTR in the universe. After the last 5cm/sec
Nov 1, 2012 12:42 PM

Jul 2010
Thought it was a decent episode. not as good as the other 4 imo
Nov 1, 2012 2:19 PM

Oct 2012
Ahhhh! Love this show so much. It was great to learn a little more about Haru's past, but it looks like there is a lot more to it. Loved the movie trailer!!! Would be great if they did an episode special or something with that spin to it! Cant wait to see the next one :)
Nov 1, 2012 5:37 PM
Jul 2018
It would be great to see tonari in full samurai setting^^
However nice episode and a bit of harus past are revealed (not really important information though) xD
Nov 1, 2012 9:02 PM

Feb 2012
This show. So many feels.
Nov 1, 2012 9:17 PM
Oct 2012
Screenshots i took while watching Tonari no Kaibutsu-kun 5! :3

-BIKKY :D
Nov 1, 2012 10:37 PM

May 2012
This is about to get good. And the ending was so random.
Nov 2, 2012 3:21 PM
Aug 2012
This is probably the best romance I have seen, properly developed, and it progresses naturally.

I keep on waiting for the quality of the writing to go down, but that doesn't seem to be happening.

My little gangbanger? wut?
Nov 2, 2012 4:49 PM

May 2012
DEM FEELS.
Nov 2, 2012 5:13 PM

Oct 2012
Dessiato said:
This is probably the best romance I have seen, properly developed, and it progresses naturally.

I keep on waiting for the quality of the writing to go down, but that doesn't seem to be happening.

My little gangbanger? wut?

I had to chuckle when I saw that at the end, "My Little Gangbanger".

I truly enjoyed this episode. Dealing with Yuzan is a little frustrating, but the way it eventually lead into Haru and Shizuku getting closer was a great payoff. In additional, a rival appears! Classic. Looking forward to the next episode.
Nov 2, 2012 5:13 PM

Jul 2012
Tonari, you are pwning all the other Fall animes so far. :3
5/5

It's impossible to hate any character in this show. They are far from cliche and shallowness. I love how Shizuku isn't a tsundere like someone coughAsunacough.

+1 ♥
Nov 2, 2012 7:12 PM

Oct 2008
meepsheep said:
Tonari, you are pwning all the other Fall animes so far. :3
5/5

It's impossible to hate any character in this show. They are far from cliche and shallowness. I love how Shizuku isn't a tsundere like someone coughAsunacough.

+1 ♥

It's a mix of how good this anime is and how poorly the rest of the season has been. All of the action, shounen and psychological anime have been really boring to watch. They just don't have any interesting hooks. I'm even afraid to admit it, but even Psycho Pass is beginning to fade off my radar.
Nov 2, 2012 9:32 PM

Oct 2011
This show is adorable ,I wonder how it will end ?
Nov 3, 2012 1:11 AM

Apr 2009
Uh-oh the glasses girl could be falling for Haru, and is that jealousy I see in Shizuku's eyes? ^_^
You see there's no need to wonder where your god is,
Coz he's right here! ...and he's fresh out of mercy.
Nov 4, 2012 12:34 PM

Jul 2012
Omniknight said:
It's a mix of how good this anime is and how poorly the rest of the season has been. All of the action, shounen and psychological anime have been really boring to watch. They just don't have any interesting hooks. I'm even afraid to admit it, but even Psycho Pass is beginning to fade off my radar.

I like this season more than summer season though. The only down side is that there's way too much fighting/action/sci-fi/violent shows this season. :P I like more variety. On the bright side, yay triple shoujo. :3
Nov 4, 2012 5:17 PM

Oct 2008
meepsheep said:
Omniknight said:

I like this season more than summer season though. The only down side is that there's way too much fighting/action/sci-fi/violent shows this season. :P I like more variety. On the bright side, yay triple shoujo. :3

Tonari, Sukitte and Sakuraso? =D
Too bad Robotics;Notes isn't quite shoujo.

I find that lately I've been gravitating towards shoujo shows. The last shounen show that REALLY hooked me was probably Code Geass. Then again, that show had arguably the best male character in anime... As for the latest shounen offerings(SAO, Accel World...), I just end up losing interest halfway through.
Nov 4, 2012 5:42 PM
Oct 2012
Omniknight said:
I find that lately I've been gravitating towards shoujo shows. The last shounen show that REALLY hooked me was probably Code Geass. Then again, that show had arguably the best male character in anime... As for the latest shounen offerings(SAO, Accel World...), I just end up losing interest halfway through.

Code Geass wasn't Shounen, it was the rare anime that covered both the Shounen and Shoujo categories (For all the male fanservice, they made sure to provide nearly if not equal amount of female fanservice of the BL variety). This is why it was so amazingly popular. It covered every demographic. It was also the rare example of animation far better than the source material.

There are not too many Shoujo that appeals to me (not surprising since I am a guy), personally I find the "mousey girl having the handsome prince fall for and rescuing her from social condemnation ploy as annoying as the worst harem anime, both are equally wish fulfillment and equally dull. Occasionally a series can rise above these stereotypes, but they are few and far between.

That said, Tonari is fantastic. They reversed the mousey role (it is Mitte who rescues Haru from social condemnation), which is a treat, and more importantly falling in love hasn't fundamentally changed Mitte (or for that matter Haru). Yes they are changing, but the changes are slow and realistic, and Mitte's strength of character and purpose are perfectly clear and those are not changing.

I also love the drawings (I bought the first five volumes after seeing the first two episodes). The artist is so good at expressing emotion through simple glances, I haven't seen such great use of non-verbal communication since reading the Cross Game manga. The drawings of Mitte are particularly great. Mitte is no great beauty, but they way she is drawn shows her strength of character and indeed her charisma. You can see why guys would fall for her. The sweet girl gets the prince motif is dull and lets face it unrealistic. Mitte though has such gravity that people can't but help to revolve around her.

Looking forward to seeing how they develop this series. I hope to god they don't try to jam it all in 13 or even 26 episodes. I really want them to remain faithful to the manga, and if this means an inconclusive finish please end it that way.
Takuan_SohoNov 4, 2012 6:03 PM
Nov 5, 2012 6:34 PM

Jun 2012
Takuan_Soho said:
Code Geass wasn't Shounen, it was the rare anime that covered both the Shounen and Shoujo categories (For all the male fanservice, they made sure to provide nearly if not equal amount of female fanservice of the BL variety). This is why it was so amazingly popular. It covered every demographic. It was also the rare example of animation far better than the source material.

I can't agree, there is no hint of shoujo or BL on Code Geass, surely you got that idea because the character designs were made by Clamp(unusual good character designs, mostly shoujo), but if what you said was true then xxxHolic would have to be considered shoujo too and that would be just dumb. Genres apply mostly to the story not only to the characters looks.
SnaitaNov 5, 2012 6:39 PM
Nov 5, 2012 6:54 PM

May 2011
Lol at the way Sasayan just kept laughing while Natsume asked him why all the pics was of her bikini.

Oh yeah a love rival to make this even more interesting, even if she doesn't seem to have a chance. And that Kana Hanazawa voice ftw.

Nice to learn more about Haru and his past.
Nov 6, 2012 12:24 AM
Community Admin
sunny moment

May 2010
Another nice episode, the plot progression was interesting but I hope things will not get all too serious so soon yet.

Anyway I think I liked the previous episodes a bit more than this one.
Nov 6, 2012 9:44 PM

Jun 2011
Did the trailer at the end really say My Little Gangbanger? Or did I just have troll subs? :O
Nov 9, 2012 8:50 PM

Jul 2012
Kyaa, the chick with the glasses likes Haru (I think)! I feel that this is a bad sign for Haru and Shizuku.. O:
Nov 11, 2012 2:16 AM
Aug 2011
Poor Natsume got flu, this series is getting better.
Nov 15, 2012 1:36 PM
Oct 2009
the segment at the end about the Yoshida and Mizutani clans was the best. :D
Dec 2, 2012 6:15 AM

Jul 2011
I don't like that emotionless Shizuru >.>
She's dead..
Dec 3, 2012 1:49 AM

Jun 2008
egoplant said:
That girl with the glasses is so fucking cute.

Indeed. And she seems like a nice girl too. I feel sad for her.
Dec 25, 2012 9:20 PM

Sep 2011
A rival has appeared.
Jan 26, 2013 5:48 AM
Jul 2018

"That" preview was interesting. XD
Feb 18, 2013 9:32 PM

Aug 2012
I really liked the stinger of this episode.
Made me laugh harder than I probably should have.
Mar 12, 2013 4:05 AM

Mar 2013
I agree with a lot of people here, dat class rep looks so much like Anri, but sexier ^^

T'was a cute episode, love it and can't wait to see more of the plot
Mar 24, 2013 8:56 AM
Aug 2012
i love when they get mad at each other haha. pretty awesome when haru said "i thought you loved me" haha. and class-rep-chan is super cute >.<
Mar 26, 2013 4:42 PM

May 2012
Some competition :p hehe great episode once again some interesting part on his brother but well still not really clear why he hate him so much...

Good episode though their love for each other is growing strongly!

I wonder what happens next!

Lol @ dat epilogue trailer!
Dec 2, 2013 5:00 PM
Dec 2013
Class rep better not get in the middle of Haru and Chizuku! I will be so mad if that happens -__- I LVOE THIS ANIME!! Best feel good anime ive seen! I want a Haru in my life O_________O
Dec 28, 2013 2:51 AM

Apr 2010
VampireOjouChan said:
the segment at the end about the Yoshida and Mizutani clans was the best. :D

Absolutely. If it was a real spin-off, I'd watch it! xD

Feb 13, 2014 12:38 AM

Jan 2008
OMG such a cute episode finally get to find out what the brother was there for.

Also some competition with the Megame girl for Shizuku I wonder what will happen now.
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Is there going to be a season 2? ( 1 2 )

SalemWitch - Apr 2, 2013

64 by Note_Rikka »»
May 1, 6:01 PM

Poll: » Tonari no Kaibutsu-kun Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Dec 24, 2012

478 by Prevesis »»
Apr 18, 1:30 PM

Poll: » Tonari no Kaibutsu-kun Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Oct 1, 2012

463 by LANNYPOOPOODONG »»
Oct 20, 2023 7:06 AM

Poll: » Tonari no Kaibutsu-kun Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Nov 5, 2012

165 by waalex11 »»
Sep 12, 2023 7:42 PM

Poll: » Tonari no Kaibutsu-kun Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Dec 10, 2012

165 by ccrr »»
Aug 19, 2023 10:34 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.