Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »
Oct 27, 2012 11:27 PM

Apr 2009
I wonder if Zeppeli remembers how many frogs he has killed in order to master the Ripple.

Oct 28, 2012 12:20 AM
Nov 2008
Nilvius, it seems like we share similar tastes in anime.

I do not think this is rushed at all. We got a training montage. It could of been a lot shorter.

I guess most battle shounen fans cannot fathom a series actually progressing fast. Compare this to Naruto or Bleach any day of the week in terms of speed.
Oct 28, 2012 1:31 AM

Apr 2009
Burningsirius said:
Nilvius, it seems like we share similar tastes in anime.
That reminds me, I still need to finish watching Galactic Heroes.
Oct 28, 2012 3:33 AM
Sep 2012
This stupid shiet is soo amusing ..
Villain plans to take over the world
Hero is training to gain power then confronts with the evil
Those dialogues are childish as hell, and the animations were so bad that I began to wonder whether this was made recently or ages ago.
Animated fights were fking terribly animated, there were no action sequences at all.
They just showed pictures(1-3 frames) with words they have what they called animation. So garbage.
Unnecessary dialogues appeared every time shits happened, manly poses are lame and retarded. PLZ stop talking trashes when battling.

Gonna keep watching anyway to see how much worst it will turn out.
Oct 28, 2012 4:19 AM
Nov 2011
I wasn´t quite pleased with this episode, many scenes were shortened, many details were altered or forgotten.
For instance, the Jack the Ripper introduction scene was merely a shadow of it´s manga-counterpart.
There were just no moments for taking a breath.

I´m not sure if this insane pace is better for getting new fans, but I know that it wasn´t exactly meant for the old fans, judging specifically from this episode.

And compared to the manga, Jonathan looks a little bit too derp for me, he didn´t have those gigantic lips in the chapters that were covered in this episode.
Oct 28, 2012 5:04 AM

Oct 2012
*Looking the comments above..*

Actually the episode wasn't that rushed and the animation quality was amazing.
Oct 28, 2012 5:48 AM

Jun 2008
Kuronoo said:

It's rushed actually. There were cut scenes in this episode
-Erina as the cold nurse, when Speedwagon first visits Jojo in the morning.
-Jack the Ripper's "faking" before killing the women.
-Parts where Jack the Ripper actually attacks Dio
-Parts where Dio shows off to Jack

and that's just the first few pages of volume 3.

azbc1209 said:
Those dialogues are childish as hell, and the animations were so bad that I began to wonder whether this was made recently or ages ago.

Ironically yes, this was made in 1986, and just got animated now. For this modern standard it can feel a bit cheesy and outdated, but this was one of the most popular series at that time. This is the very first Jojo anime to be adapted as a TV series. But there was an OVA about the 3rd part though, this new one is the very 1st part.

David Animation is actually doing a good job recreating that old nostalgic '80s manga. So this anime was specifically made targeting old anime fans. It's not trying to pander the moe industry.

Visit this blog That I'm working with my friend
http://randomnessthing.com/
Oct 28, 2012 5:49 AM
Jul 2009
I did not felt rushing in this episode - instead of it - this is so called fine story, animation and peace of episode. It is anime not manga so creativity or different own version can be/should be done. Honestly those 4 episodes were 9+ and I hope for more with same quality given.
xxx
Oct 28, 2012 6:05 AM

Oct 2012
The episode really wasn't rushed and the stuff that was cut (about 6 pages out of 7 Chapters) weren't all that important.

Can't wait for next week!
Oct 28, 2012 6:44 AM

Oct 2012
Most of the scenes that they shortened (such as the early pages with Jack the Ripper and Erina) weren't really that necessary and were perfectly fine to skim over. The only part that I hated seeing them have to rush though was the introduction (as well as the backstory) of Zeppeli. Punching the frog especially seemed so much more epic and drawn out in the manga somehow, and I really wanted there to be more buildup than what was given.

Overall though, this is still a fun episode. ^^
Oct 28, 2012 7:03 AM

Jan 2012
Good episode!!! Getting into this series now:D
Oct 28, 2012 11:00 AM

Feb 2009
After the awesomeness and testosterone high of the third episode, the fourth one kind of pale in comparison.

I could understand why some people can't get into this anime, compare with the ones that are popular nowadays they from two different world.

Me for one I enjoy it and very refreshing from the annoying pussies worthless heroes that plague anime at the moment.
Oct 28, 2012 11:42 AM
Aug 2009
azbc1209 said:
*snip*

Didn't you just drop it? What are you, schizophrenic?
SanderRX said:
My inner Speedwagon doesn't approve of this.
Oct 28, 2012 2:58 PM
Sep 2012
Katakis said:
azbc1209 said:
*snip*

Didn't you just drop it? What are you, schizophrenic?

RMNDolphy said:
HibiChouchou said:
RMNDolphy said:

No.

Then drop.

I'll just copy/paste what I wrote in the previous thread:

"I think there's merit in continuing to watch shows you don't enjoy. If you view anime as an art, analyzing a shows failing can be an illuminating experience and even help you appreciate quality shows even more. To think about how the show fails, why the show fails, what the show could have done to be better, why the show made you feel the way a certain way -All important things to consider when looking at a piece of art. And, of course, it's important to see how things play out in the long run for an extended, serialized art such as TV anime. To only watch a part of the show before concluding what it's perceived value is would be akin to only looking at the corner of a painting or the first movement of a much larger musical piece and doing the same."

and:

"I continue to watch this show that I hate because it makes me think critically and in turn helps me appreciate the medium more.
For example, earlier in this thread I complained about Kirito essentially being invincible and why I thought that made him an uninteresting character. Since then, I've been thinking more about it. I'm watching another show at the moment called Future Boy Conan, directed by Hayao Miyazaki, in which the main character, Conan, is even more of a super-human, invincible powerhouse than Kirito. I've been think a lot about why Kirito bugs me but Conan is A-OK. I haven't quite figured out the answer yet, but that type of critical thinking is good, healthy, and intellectually satisfying. At least in my opinion it is."

Just a quote from SAO, why didn't you drop cause you dislike it?
Apparently I want to see the show some people called best show of the season.
Oct 28, 2012 4:05 PM

Oct 2012
If you view anime as an art,

See, a mindset like that could certainly make for a big difference between the people who are enjoying Jojo's Bizarre Adventure and themselves. Everybody who loves Jojo already knows that the plots are dumb and goofy as hell; that's one of the reasons why we love it. It's a hilarious series to witness, and it only continues to get more goofy, outrageous, and fun from Part 2 onwards. I'm sorry if anyone came here looking for a show that would tickle their psuedointellectual minds, because all they're going to get here is the supernatural shonen equivalent of a spaghetti western... with fabulous outfits.

Also, if somebody actually thinks that Jojo is about invincible protagonists, then I don't know what to tell them, other than that they're judging much too prematurely. =P
fluffybunnyboyOct 28, 2012 5:38 PM
Oct 28, 2012 4:07 PM

Apr 2008
This is just to say that Part 1 is almost finished. So maybe, you will change your opinion for part 2.
Oct 28, 2012 4:09 PM

May 2011
Don't try to justify your stupidness.

Watching a show you dislike is dumb, period. The so bad it's good excuse doesn't exist, because if you are ENTERTAINED, then it's good for you.

That is all.
Oct 28, 2012 4:50 PM
Jan 2012
I call bull on what azbc1209 said the moment he put "dropped" with exclamation marks and capital letters in his first comment (seriously why do that? were you shouting in your head or out loud when typing it?). If you were watching it for the reasons to see why it's bad and to appreciate better things then you should had just give your opinion about the episode and that's it.

Oh! and there is are many reasons why people are saying that part 2 and forward are way better (I'm halfway part 4 of the manga and I can easily see why jojo is way better than many of the current shonen of today)
Oct 28, 2012 6:20 PM

Apr 2008
Wow, what to say.

This has to be some of the cheesiest, overblown, over-the-top, ridiculous anime that I have ever seen!

And yet...

I can't help but love it! The reactions are so over-exaggerated and everything about the (male) characters SCREAMS "I AM MANLY, SEE ME PUNCH SOMETHING" that it's incredibly entertaining.

I couldn't help but laugh at the one part were zeppeli hit Jojo with the ripple, and all of a sudden, Jojo is like, "I cant even feel a thing in my broken arm! I can even lift this large rock!!" AND HE JUST LIFTS THIS LARGE, CONVIENIENTLY CONJURED ROCK THAT CAME OUT OF NOWHERE! I seriously cracked up!
Oct 28, 2012 6:40 PM
Apr 2012
I hope DUWANG hasn't dropped this. Their subs bring me cheer every week.
Oct 29, 2012 3:44 AM

Apr 2008
A new group of fan-subs. for Jojo. Muda Muda Muda who are fan of Jojo.
Oct 29, 2012 4:19 AM

Apr 2011
Good episode.

I liked the new character, Zeppeli :D
Oct 29, 2012 9:38 AM

Jan 2011
kimmiechan said:
This has to be some of the cheesiest, overblown, over-the-top, ridiculous anime that I have ever seen!

And yet...

I can't help but love it! The reactions are so over-exaggerated and everything about the (male) characters SCREAMS "I AM MANLY, SEE ME PUNCH SOMETHING" that it's incredibly entertaining.

I couldn't help but laugh at the one part were zeppeli hit Jojo with the ripple, and all of a sudden, Jojo is like, "I cant even feel a thing in my broken arm! I can even lift this large rock!!" AND HE JUST LIFTS THIS LARGE, CONVIENIENTLY CONJURED ROCK THAT CAME OUT OF NOWHERE! I seriously cracked up!

True, I was also laughing when it was like: Oh my arm is healed, I can even lift this large rock! Genius comedy.
This show is not for everyone and this is not a show everyone will like.
Most people that like this either like old styles stuff or watched plenty of anime and just enjoy something different.

On azbc1209's list I also saw that Madoka only got a 7 from him. But seeing his/her list he hasn't watched enough "generic" stuff to appreciate shows like this. Sure I only have 37 days right now but almost all of those days are from short, "normal" shows instead of 500 episodes Bleach, Dragon Ball etc. I didn't like this kind of stuff at the beginning too, but now I love these unique works. They're just art imo.

I can't wait for more, amazing episode!
loliowoOct 29, 2012 10:36 AM
I almost never read discussions after I made my post, if you want to reply PM me or post on my profile page.
Oct 29, 2012 11:38 AM
May 2011
Jojo only playing around woth you, his sake NOT EVEN DROP
Oct 29, 2012 2:55 PM

Apr 2009
Zeppeli's VA is great and the whole episode felt great despite the fact that they rushed through certain parts.
Steel Ball Run anime when?
Oct 29, 2012 3:34 PM
Jan 2012
avesome but to rushed :S
Oct 29, 2012 5:37 PM

Jul 2012
New character, new power + new enemy(Already defeated) = Good Episode ;D

Oct 30, 2012 6:52 AM

Jan 2009
Boltz said:
Man, I really hope that OST comes out soon. Some of the background tracks are really beautiful. And I rolled with laughter, watching GG subs - so classy. Speedwagon had by far the best lines.

specially the Jojo vs Dio OST.great adaptation really enjoying it
Oct 30, 2012 9:37 AM
Aug 2011
Alpharon said:

LOL. Speedwagon FTW
Oct 30, 2012 4:53 PM
Jan 2012
The episode was great as usual.
It feels a bit rushed, but I don't care much, as long as they don't skip any important part.

5/5

PS: Zeppeli ftw.
Oct 31, 2012 3:10 AM
Lilium Gardener

Jul 2011
Why is the dialogue so intense. Everyone is screaming all the time or being overly dramatic even in normal conversation. I like the series so far, but the yelling is a bit distracting at times.
Oct 31, 2012 8:28 AM

Apr 2009
KingYoshi said:
Why is the dialogue so intense. Everyone is screaming all the time or being overly dramatic even in normal conversation. I like the series so far, but the yelling is a bit distracting at times.

REAL MEN SCREAM ALL THE TIME
EVEN ONLINE
Oct 31, 2012 11:31 AM

Jun 2009
KingYoshi said:

You might as well get used to it, because I doubt that will change.
"Yes, I have been deprived of emotion. But not completely. Whoever did it, botched the job."

- Geralt of Rivia
Oct 31, 2012 1:21 PM
Jan 2012
KingYoshi said:
Why is the dialogue so intense.
because yes.
Oct 31, 2012 3:43 PM

Oct 2012
I think the episode is a bit rushed; a few scenes from the manga should've made it to this episode. Overall though, I still enjoyed it. The Ripple looks gorgeous and Mr.Zeppeli FTW!
Oct 31, 2012 4:19 PM

Oct 2011
I swear this seemed like 5 minutes!!!!
Oct 31, 2012 5:53 PM

Feb 2008
Maybe I misread something in the manga, or it was badly translated, but wasn't he just supposed to not feel the pain? I think that the ripple wasn't actually healing. Nevertheless, this option is way better, as you can imagine him lifting a large rock with a broken arm without feeling pain, because well, that's the point, not feeling pain.

Comparing to the translation of the manga, the lines really sound way more cheesy and simple. It's like they aren't even saying full sentences lol. You don't even need fansubs for Jojo haha.

Too bad it was heavily censored. That Jack x horse scene was could have been more epic. I mean it's a horse. It's not like it's Riki Oh, where he stands up from inside a man, as ridiculous as it sounds.

Looks like they'll finish part 1 really soon. It really does feel like trolling manga's slow pace.

"Your sight, my delight. Will you marry me?"
Nov 1, 2012 3:33 AM

Sep 2011
KingYoshi said:

You should yell too while you watch. Maybe it will be less distracting then.
Nov 1, 2012 6:50 PM

Mar 2008
Man, the censorship is killing me... Maybe I should just wait for the BDs... Get a feeling, so complicated.

Speedwagon is so awesome that
Part 7 spoiler
Nov 1, 2012 11:08 PM

Sep 2011
m4rc0 said:
Man, the censorship is killing me... Maybe I should just wait for the BDs... Get a feeling, so complicated.

Part 7 spoiler

I thought that was
Nov 2, 2012 1:05 PM

Jul 2009
THIS SERIES WARRANTS 100% UPTIME ON CAPS LOCK!
Don't forget.
Always, somewhere,
someone is fighting for you.
As long as you remember her,
you are not alone.
Nov 2, 2012 7:59 PM

Feb 2012
m4rc0 said:

Part 7 spoiler

wow this is cool
Nov 2, 2012 8:15 PM

Sep 2009
Kuronoo said:

If you say this episode wasn't rushed, you have most definitely not read the manga. I'm pretty sure they just compressed an entire volume into one episode here.
Nov 2, 2012 11:43 PM

Oct 2012
It was seven chapters, the most in one episode so far.

I didn't feel that the episodes were "rushed" until this one, honestly. Now it seems like they're on a sprint to make it out of Part 1 as quickly as possible... ^^;;;;
Nov 3, 2012 12:25 AM
Apr 2012
>[DUWANG]_Jojo's_Bizarre_Adventure_-_04[240p].wmv
GLORIOUS
Nov 4, 2012 5:43 AM

Apr 2009
fdsfgs said:
GLORIOUS

"Friend frog does not belive in ripple that's why only stone was harmed"

These subs, man.
Nov 6, 2012 7:48 PM

Mar 2009
Where's the obligatory "Not as good as Psycho-Pass" comments?
Nov 7, 2012 4:41 AM

Apr 2009
The guys who spammed that were IRC trolls anyway, don't even bother.
Nov 9, 2012 11:06 PM
Apr 2012
fdsfgs said:
GLORIOUS

Enigma_Nov 9, 2012 11:46 PM
Nov 12, 2012 4:21 PM

Aug 2011
Wow, I really thought it couldn't top the last episode but it did. Really enjoyed this one, I haven't been disappointed with any ep so far.
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » JoJo's Bizarre Adventure (2012) Episode 20 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Feb 22, 2013

251 by titty »»
May 4, 5:06 PM

Poll: » JoJo's Bizarre Adventure (2012) Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Nidhoeggr - Nov 30, 2012

210 by crumb_fr »»
May 2, 7:48 PM

Poll: » JoJo's Bizarre Adventure (2012) Episode 25 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Mar 29, 2013

166 by JohnZ_GGs »»
May 2, 1:16 AM

Poll: » JoJo's Bizarre Adventure (2012) Episode 14 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

KiraYoshikage - Jan 11, 2013

160 by JohnZ_GGs »»
Apr 28, 12:33 AM

Poll: » JoJo's Bizarre Adventure (2012) Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Nidhoeggr - Jan 4, 2013

158 by JohnZ_GGs »»
Apr 25, 12:14 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.