Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (7) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
Oct 25, 2012 8:32 PM

Mar 2012
- an obnoxiously suspicious manager feigns ignorance of crimes going on under his control
-if you simply yell at someone who you suspect to be a murderer, they'll instantly try to kill you if they actually are, proving your suspicion
-the newbie is a "fool" who just doesn't get it
-two pivotal decision makers have a bad history that no one is allowed to speak of, straight out of Mean Girls
-more "imma huntin' dawg huntin' ma prey"

On top of all that, this laughable revelation: "Guys, listen. I could be wrong, but maybe the Psycho-Pass system isn't perfect!?" youdon'tsay.jpg

This show is a lost cause.

Hydnlife said:
That was some fuck up stuff right there.............

Eating half a bag of chips and then throwing the rest out is more fucked up than anything this episode had to offer.
JoshOct 25, 2012 8:36 PM
LoneWolf said:
@Josh makes me sad to call myself Canadian.
Oct 25, 2012 8:47 PM

Dec 2010
shinya fan service :D
great episode! now i know why shinya is a latent criminal, with that smirk and the eyes!
i wonder why Gino is not a latent criminal himself, i mean he had this past with the old dude... so it all boils down to how you can control yourslef to make your psycho pass within the safe range
"Either Die as a Hero... or live long enough to see yourself becoming the villain..."

Oct 25, 2012 8:56 PM
Sep 2012
I find Akane to be the best character in the show so far. She's the heart of the show who continues to impress me. Everyone else are just bad asses (which is a good thing) whose characters haven't developed yet. That said, Shinya is a badass and that other inspector is a d*ck.

Best episode yet.
donotthrowsouls said:
I just like Akane more and more. Her smirk was my favorite part of the episode. And her face in this scene cracked me up:

"GODDAMMIT KOGAMI, YOU SAID YOU WERE ONLY GOING TO TALK"
I lol'ed too when I saw that smirk and i knew that Shinya was going to do something but I still laughed at Akane's shock when she saw what she didn't expect.
Oct 25, 2012 8:57 PM

Feb 2010
Kougami Shinya is MF'n sexay-beast!

This show is so badass, and I am hooked.
Oct 25, 2012 8:58 PM

May 2011
Dunno if it's just HanaKana, but Akane is looking more attractive. She keeps the series interesting in this sausage-fested Guilty Crowny sci-fi. Looking forward to more, the bait tactic they used was mildly interesting.
Oct 25, 2012 9:02 PM

Jan 2009
"only fools learn from experience while the wise learn from history" hoho nice dialogue there
and the action was cool the dominator can vary in fire-power, now Akane learns that Shinya and the rest of the Enforcers are really psycho-paths
Oct 25, 2012 9:08 PM

Apr 2011
j0x said:
"only fools learn from experience while the wise learn from history" hoho nice dialogue there
and the action was cool the dominator can vary in fire-power, now Akane learns that Shinya and the rest of the Enforcers are really psycho-paths

I noticed that one too. I like sentence like these; love em, makes me think I guess.
Oct 25, 2012 9:12 PM

Nov 2007
Is it okay if I said the best character of this show is Dominator? Complete annihilation!

5/5.
Stay Home and Wash Your Hands.
Protect Yourself. Protect Your Loved Ones.
Protect Your Community and Help Defeat
Coronavirus.
Oct 25, 2012 9:16 PM

Aug 2010
That ED theme is so awesome.

I liked the setting for this episode. Forced the characters to do more detective work.
Oct 25, 2012 9:18 PM

Dec 2009
I really liked the background music in the action scenes. Looking forward to more episodes!
Oct 25, 2012 9:43 PM

Jan 2009
sagdashin said:
j0x said:

I noticed that one too. I like sentence like these; love em, makes me think I guess.

time to make pics or it did not happen

Oct 25, 2012 9:47 PM

Jul 2012
Lol I was half expecting someone to bite it this episode (Gen and episode 3s, you know)
my favorite kind of crime show, where they go all John Shaft on dem suckas...lol after dragging him out of the toilet stall, I half expected Shinya to start pistol whipping him ala Samuel L Jackson
that would make the show =P
Oct 25, 2012 9:52 PM
Oct 2012
The action sequences were well-animated, SFX and music were also good. I looked up "Johnny Mnenomic" (nice to see the care that went into the show).

Everybody knows the system is flawed; you wouldn't have a story if it wasn't. Creative writing 101. =D

The real highlight was the foreshadowing. We have to remember that for people who grew up under Sybil, they would assume that the system is faultless (1984, anyone?). So far, we are presented with one possible loophole.

The most interesting part was definitely Ginoza's advice to Akane. After watching how the Enforcer went about the "investigation", it's not hard to see why. I wonder if they have life insurance....
Oct 25, 2012 9:53 PM

Jul 2012
j0x said:
sagdashin said:
j0x said:

time to make pics or it did not happen

Now that you brought it up, it does sort of confuses me. If the wise really learn from history, you'd think that Ginoza would already know that his way sucks/is criminally inefficient and that Masaoka being a veteran enforcers has a nose for these kinds of things. So far, there's been no indication of an Inspector's jurisdiction, so why not just drag the suspect out of the facility to test his psycho-pass, which was what basically happened this episode. Why even yell and scream and call Akane a fool about it?
Oct 25, 2012 10:13 PM

Aug 2011
Kougami's really an enigma. Wonder what Urobutcher's gonna do with his character... probably killed off by Akane in the end.
Oct 25, 2012 10:30 PM

Dec 2010
itsvero said:
Kougami's really an enigma. Wonder what Urobutcher's gonna do with his character... probably killed off by Akane in the end.

yeah, that would be an interesting plot twist in the end...
but im thinking Ginoza might be the bad guy in the end cause of his fanatism with Sybil, its like the guy thinks its the way of life or something
"Either Die as a Hero... or live long enough to see yourself becoming the villain..."

Oct 25, 2012 10:52 PM
Oct 2010
Post-Moe said:
- an obnoxiously suspicious manager feigns ignorance of crimes going on under his control
-if you simply yell at someone who you suspect to be a murderer, they'll instantly try to kill you if they actually are, proving your suspicion
-two pivotal decision makers have a bad history that no one is allowed to speak of, straight out of Mean Girls

On top of all that, this laughable revelation: "Guys, listen. I could be wrong, but maybe the Psycho-Pass system isn't perfect!?" youdon'tsay.jpg

Hydnlife said:
That was some fuck up stuff right there.............

Eating half a bag of chips and then throwing the rest out is more fucked up than anything this episode had to offer.

- It's quite clear the manager is prioritizing the goals of the ministry of economy (or whatever it was) over those of the ministry of security. He knows what's happening is wrong but for the betterment and productivity of the facility he has to turn a blind eye.

- You know they did more than yell at him, they threatened to ruin his life, and on top of that he was already unstable from all the bullying he was receiving for the past year.

- Of course she is, she still has not grasped the concept that the hounds are latent criminals.

- This is just nitpicking, same as the rest of your points, but this one has the least merit to it.

- See above

Jul 2012
Dialogue is interesting in this episode. Some characterization is portrayed by the characters' facial expressions. Looks like they are trying to make the characters as deep as possible.

Nice shot at the end by Kougami. The third mode is definitely destruction. It doesn't even shoot through it; it only destroys the target and nothing else. Great sound effects for the Dominator as well.
My Anime Blog: http://www.Entravity.com/
Episodic overviews of the latest anime.

Aug 2012
Best Episode So Far; Loved Every Bit Of It.
That Smirk Of Akane's - Too Good
Dominator's Third Mode - Kick Ass
This Episode Left Me Craving For More

Too Bad The Next Episode Will Be Airing a Bit Late.
Oct 25, 2012 11:14 PM

Oct 2011
Such a good episode! I really love the BGMs. and the ending song is so lovely.
Oct 25, 2012 11:24 PM

Mar 2012
Though slightly worse than the previous two, this was a really good episode, as it transitions past the exposition-laden introduction of this dystopian setting into a gradual exploration of the established practices of everyday life. The pacing worked extremely well throughout, as it introduced fragments of small characterization, while also concluding the episode with a superb action sequence.

The case was somewhat interesting, but, for the most part, it lacked the tense emotion that was evident in earlier episodes. I actually found the criminal, prior to his mental breakdown, rather sympathetic, due to the abuse he had continually suffered through. Despite the facility only containing technology that determines the hue of each worker, the significant flaws present within the Sibyl system were noticeable yet again, since, even after killing another, one's crime coefficients can lower. The climactic action sequence was my favorite scene, as it excellently portrayed Shinya's animalistic tendencies. The dominators become increasingly formidable every time they're used and another aspect of their complex construction is revealed.

I greatly enjoyed and largely prefer the heightened focus on Shinya and his perspective, since he's definitely the best character, while the others, though good as well, seem, at the moment, much less defined, save for Akane. The last line of the episode provided an exceptional sort of cliffhanger, as it strongly alludes to Shinya's innate desire for violence. His pursuance for Shogo, as foreshadowed once again in the opening scene, is considerably intriguing, and I can't wait to see this particular thread unravel. I'm also highly interested in the conflict between Ginoza and Masaoka, as it appears that Ginoza, unlike Masaoka, possesses a particular affinity towards the Sibyl system, likely borne from an experience in his past.

The production values are terrific, especially the animation, which was illuminated most effectively during the thrilling action sequence. It's also really good at capturing brilliantly dynamic facial expressions. One of the strongest elements of the show is the highly atmospheric music, as it accompanies specific moments, such as the final chase, remarkably well. The direction was excellent throughout, particularly during Shinya's workout. However, the art, though usually fantastic, was rather unremarkable here due to the isolated environments. Although a bit more prevalent than in the preceding episodes, the CGI, thankfully, wasn't too distracting.

All in all, despite an episode that was slightly less engaging, Psycho-Pass remains thoroughly impressive, particularly excelling with it's consistently strong execution and the plethora of interesting characters. I'm really looking forward to the continued development and broadened examination of what's likely to be a thoroughly compelling narrative.
Oct 25, 2012 11:27 PM

Jul 2010
I really love this series. Each episode it gets better and better. 5/5
Oct 25, 2012 11:36 PM

Oct 2012
That was awesome. Especially the scene near the end where Kougami destroyed everything.
I'm in love with the Dominator, plus the opening and ending are starting to grow onto me.
That cheeky grin Akane made towards the manager made me laugh; she is so adorable.
Oct 25, 2012 11:49 PM

Sep 2010
Akane is so moe they lied about this show not having any.
"What has two arms, two legs, and is alive? Not your favorite character lol! xD"
Oct 25, 2012 11:56 PM

Mar 2012
skudoops said:
(response)

You just reasoned how(not why) they employ such banal writing, which isn't the point. The point is the why; because the result is not intriguing, enlightening, entertaining, or particularly good in any sense.
LoneWolf said:
@Josh makes me sad to call myself Canadian.
Oct 26, 2012 12:06 AM

Feb 2010
Lelouch22 said:
Despite the facility only containing technology that determines the hue of each worker, the significant flaws present within the Sibyl system were noticeable yet again, since, even after killing another, one's crime coefficients can lower.

Im not sure about this but at some part i kinda understood this:

Psycho pass is not directly related to the crimie coefficient, at least not linearly.

Masaoka said that the facility can only scan stress and to know crime coefficient (or job aptitude) requieres an analysis by the Sibyl system, but the sybil system don't reach there. Yet people in the facility knew each other psycho pass, so clearly they don't need sybil system for that.

Meaning that even if his psycho pass "improved", it doesn't mean his crime coefficient did as well.
VanisherOct 26, 2012 12:31 AM
Oct 26, 2012 12:13 AM

Jun 2012
Good mystery of the week episode with Kogami being boss. Soundtrack is aweseome as usual

Was like "oh damn" when Akane pissed off the guy with the glasses
Oct 26, 2012 12:38 AM

Jan 2011
itsvero said:

i think so too already said last week that i thought the OP foreshadowing what Akane would be like and that she might kill Kougami

in other news the Sibyl system is still continues to be a failure of a system lol
Oct 26, 2012 12:45 AM
Jul 2012
The animation was great, the music matched the scenes, and the characters are as interesting as ever. There were some great one-liners, as stated by others.

If you don't care about real life application of this anime, don't read on.

However, one thing that bothered me was the "detective's intuition" and Kougami's forceful tactics. Intuition is not an accurate way of determining guilt, it is a way for people to feel confident about their guesses. In this case, I feel that they should have placed emphasis on the logical evidence, such as that man was the only one who had a motive and keep their minds open to others. In real life, though, intuition usually just closes a detective's mind to other possibilities and causes them to only focus on evidence agreeing with their intuition, because they have already decided that they are right.
Also, what Kougami does to the suspect is a coercion tactic. Everyone has to admit that if someone threw you on the ground and told you that you were going to ruin your life, you would feel like stopping him from ruining your life, which would most likely involve forceful tactics. Both an innocent and guilty person would not want to be know as a killer, falsely or truthfully. The actions they would take would be similar, and a innocent person could be convicted.

Sorry for the blather. I am interested in this kind of stuff so I want to disprove what I believe is not true.
Oct 26, 2012 12:52 AM
Laughing Man

Jun 2012
Shinya fight club style at the beginning. I wonder what his connection with Shogo is.
Of course you can't have cyberpunk without machines going crazy for one reason or another. I quite like how this Hue thing plays a part in the ep, makes it different in a good way. I'd be great if they explored that (and the Psycho pass of course) in more depth in further episodes. Do it Gen, do it, do it.
Of course can't forget the Dominator. Cool stuff.
Looking forward to the next ep.

Post-Moe said:

-If you're a cop and the culprit is not a sociopath, it'll work. It actually happens.
-The newbie gets it, it's just not her style.
-Mean girls? You complain about this anime, but use Mean Girls as some kind of standard?
-Not sure what's your trauma with that specific phrase, but there was none of that in this episode.
-The psycho pass wasn't involved here, it was the Hue. Two different things. Anyway, flaws in the psycho pass were "revealed" in episode 1.
Maybe you've been reading too much Tvtropes.
Oct 26, 2012 1:10 AM
Aug 2012
Nothing really happened in this episode aside from some basic characterization, I hope this won't be one of those shows where the cases are episodic while sidelining characterization and development..
Oct 26, 2012 1:13 AM

Jan 2011
Ginoza seems especially suspicious this ep, giving that evil glare and all... He probably has something against these latent criminals though it's just my guess.

I thought that the manager was the murderer with that evil face of his.
Still pretty confused about Psycho-passes and hues though...
I mainly see the animes... so don't blame me for not knowing about the Manga/LN
Oct 26, 2012 2:07 AM

Apr 2012
Yes, exactly, not much is happening and so far it's just episodic. Even though I'm enjoying it until now, I really want to see how the story pans out and of course...the main villain(s)!
Oct 26, 2012 2:09 AM

Jan 2011
The background music fits the action scenes so well, holy shit. Kougami is one badass, seriously. That look on his face when he was 'fighting' those machines was great, just like a 'carnivore cornering its prey'. Also Kougami confronting Kanehara was very smart of him. I'm curious to find out what happened with Ginoza and Masaoka.

Loved the last few minutes of this episode, non-stop action. The Dominator's 'Destroy Composer' mode is too fucking awesome. Man those 'boom' sounds are amazing. I just love how the dominators and pretty much everything rely on 'online' connection.
6/5, epic episode.
LucarioDudeOct 26, 2012 2:13 AM
Oct 26, 2012 3:31 AM

Jun 2011
That fanservice. A nice way to begin the episode xD Kougami is a sexy beast \m/
Oct 26, 2012 3:33 AM
Aug 2012
_Rika said:
That fanservice. A nice way to begin the episode xD Kougami is a sexy beast m/

no.
Oct 26, 2012 3:48 AM
Jul 2018
That's some fucked up world,overall cool episode.
Oct 26, 2012 5:08 AM

Jun 2010
Looks like it will be following the episodic formula. Nothing interesting happened in this episode - I hope a plot twist will take place soon.

Well, there was... some fanservice.
Oct 26, 2012 5:30 AM

Mar 2012
Jester0fDeath said:
The animation was great, the music matched the scenes, and the characters are as interesting as ever. There were some great one-liners, as stated by others.

If you don't care about real life application of this anime, don't read on.

However, one thing that bothered me was the "detective's intuition" and Kougami's forceful tactics. Intuition is not an accurate way of determining guilt, it is a way for people to feel confident about their guesses. In this case, I feel that they should have placed emphasis on the logical evidence, such as that man was the only one who had a motive and keep their minds open to others. In real life, though, intuition usually just closes a detective's mind to other possibilities and causes them to only focus on evidence agreeing with their intuition, because they have already decided that they are right.
Also, what Kougami does to the suspect is a coercion tactic. Everyone has to admit that if someone threw you on the ground and told you that you were going to ruin your life, you would feel like stopping him from ruining your life, which would most likely involve forceful tactics. Both an innocent and guilty person would not want to be know as a killer, falsely or truthfully. The actions they would take would be similar, and a innocent person could be convicted.

Sorry for the blather. I am interested in this kind of stuff so I want to disprove what I believe is not true.

Good points, however, there is one thing you are forgetting.

Remember the scene following the harassment Shojo was making to coerce the guy and then was running in that hallway with Akane? He said "if he's innocent, we should make it out alright. The reason why he said that was even if he was innocent and was looking to take revenge with the drones, there's no way he would've been able to program the drones in time to kill them. That was how they found out he killed the other three. He already had the drones programmed and ready to kill when he needed them. I know that is a bit of an assumption, but I'm feeling fairly safe in my assumption that there's no way he'd be able to program them in time, especially considering the amount of maintainence these drones require.

Also looking at it from the other side, the guilty guy wasn't begging and pleading that he was innocent. He wasn't acting like he was being falsely accused. It's one thing to for someone to act out of being falsely accused, it's a complete other thing when you act out of wanting to cover your tracks. The man was obviously trying to do the latter.

Overall, interesting episode. I actually pitied the killer in this case. He was thrown into an environment where he was constantly bullied in order to preserve the other people's mental state...and that behavior was actually encouraged.
Oct 26, 2012 5:54 AM
Sep 2012
so damn epic, this episode was pretty awesome. i always loved mystery and action anime and this seems to be a great one. But i am hoping for mysteries that are longer than just one episode, hopefully we can get one main bad guy and little sub stories aswell.

Toucanbird said:
Jester0fDeath said:

Overall, interesting episode. I actually pitied the killer in this case. He was thrown into an environment where he was constantly bullied in order to preserve the other people's mental state...and that behavior was actually encouraged.

i pitied him too, however atleast he was stunned and not killed.
xtremexxOct 26, 2012 5:57 AM
Oct 26, 2012 5:59 AM

Jul 2009
Akane just… ughh.

She was said to be a top student yet she hadn’t shown any skill that convinces me of that title. She’s so clueless about the system and all she do is keeps asking questions every time. She’s practically useless in this ep. She’s just there so Masaoka can explain Sibyl System to us, the audience. Please prove me wrong at next episode.

Give me more Yayoi and Shion, please! And Makishima, please show up again. I also don't want this anime to be episodic series. Sure, it will be good episodic, but I want the plot.
KyokutouOct 26, 2012 6:04 AM
Oct 26, 2012 6:07 AM

Nov 2009
xtremexx said:

i pitied him too, however atleast he was stunned and not killed.

Because his psycho state was not exceeded the limit of the system to actually kill him I believe. But 3 lives have already lost, with a mass murder like that he should be judged a death sentence.

Maybe because the system saw there was still a chance that his mental state could be stabilized so it didn't kill him, despite that he has already taken the lives of 3 other people ... But then again, what the hell?

The system is flawed in the very first episode, instead of taking the rape victim to the hospital, it decided to killed her (thks to Akane that she was still alive though). So I guess the main plot is that Akane will do something to screw the system and reveal those master minds behind it.
Takana_no_HanaOct 26, 2012 6:11 AM
Oct 26, 2012 6:09 AM
Jul 2018
Solid episode. I'm still not convinced there's a problem with the Sibyl System as a program, though. It's main drawback seems to be that while it just reads a person's mental state and potential at a given moment, everyone treats it as the end all be all for everything.

The killer from this episode's pass didn't change until he was threatened and might have changed before when he was killing those people (Or not. I think the fact that he didn't have to do it directly, was unlikely to get caught, and would have only benefited from it might have limited his stress), but he was still responsible for their deaths while he was a yellow-green; he just wasn't stressed out about it. There wasn't a visible problem with his mental state, so the rest of society didn't care. Same with the factory owner. He was a horrible boss but did ensure that his workers were mentally acceptable, so none of the higher-ups in society saw a reason to look into how he was actually running his business. The dominators do the same kind of thing too: if a person is above a certain level, no matter what their circumstances are or if they can be calmed down, it will shoot, and the people with them will shoot because they've been trained to trust what the system reads in blindly. The whole thing doesn't show a flaw in the System as a program since it still does what it was meant to, but more in the people using it, who have gotten so used to its convenience that they have forgotten it's just a computer program.

Dessiato said:
Nothing really happened in this episode aside from some basic characterization, I hope this won't be one of those shows where the cases are episodic while sidelining characterization and development..

Accoding to MAL, it's a 22 episode show. It's pretty common to see 2-season shows spend about half their time expanding on the setting and the characters before the real plot kicks in and stuff goes down in the second half. Just give it some more time. Or it could be like GitS:SAC and give us some "complex" episodes about Shogo mixed in with the rest of the episodic cases, I guess.
Oct 26, 2012 6:32 AM
Mar 2012
Everyone seems to point blame at the Sibyl System in this series... To me, Sibyl is not the one to blame, it's the people that utilize it.

In an ideal world, the Sibyl System should theoretically provide a representation of a person's psychological state. Sibyl then determines then what it deems to be the most correct action that should be taken, whether it's the strength of the Dominator or your career choice. Yet ultimately the final decision does come down to the people who utilize the Sibyl System. Sibyl does not undertake any action of it's own (at least not so far).

Tsunemori is a clear representation of this, as she obviously had a full range of choices she could have picked, but she decided to join this specific department because she deemed it was the right thing to do as she was the only one judged by Sibyl with an A rank for the role; not because Sibyl picked this role for her since she was the only one judged with an A rank.

When it comes to the latent criminal Enforcers, one could argue that such a black and white judgement of a person's mental state is clearly incorrect and should be taken with more examination, but it's the fact that people take Sibyl System's word at face value that causes these seemingly harsh boundaries for when a person is a criminal and when a person is normal. Science is not a completely precise art; yet it seems that people in Psychopass's society seem to think it is, and Tsunemori clearly recognises this (this may be why she achieves the A rating).

Lack of proper knowledge behind how to use Sibyl's information is basically the cause of much of the conflict behind whether or not it is "fair" to use such information. A system that is clearly designed to provide information, not a be all and end all judgements.
Oct 26, 2012 6:52 AM

Nov 2009
Duoprism said:

In an ideal world, the Sibyl System should theoretically provide a representation of a person's psychological state. Sibyl then determines then what it deems to be the most correct action that should be taken, whether it's the strength of the Dominator or your career choice. Yet ultimately the final decision does come down to the people who utilize the Sibyl System. Sibyl does not undertake any action of it's own (at least not so far).

But that is the problem, so far, in 1st episode it was Akane who went against the system but the enforcers(Shinya) decided to take the action based on what the system suggested. So it was still Shinya, who decided the final decision which followed the system, to kill the girl.

Tsunemori is a clear representation of this, as she obviously had a full range of choices she could have picked, but she decided to join this specific department because she deemed it was the right thing to do as she was the only one judged by Sibyl with an A rank for the role; not because Sibyl picked this role for her since she was the only one judged with an A rank.

I think you're wrong here, as she even doubted herself whether if she was suitable with the role of a detective or not. She chose this department because she was the only one who ranked A, and she thought she could be able to do something which others couldn't. Because in other departments, there were also people who achieved the same score as her so she wasn't an "unique" individual if she joined those.

When it comes to the latent criminal Enforcers, one could argue that such a black and white judgement of a person's mental state is clearly incorrect and should be taken with more examination, but it's the fact that people take Sibyl System's word at face value that causes these seemingly harsh boundaries for when a person is a criminal and when a person is normal. Science is not a completely precise art; yet it seems that people in Psychopass's society seem to think it is, and Tsunemori clearly recognises this (this may be why she achieves the A rating).

Lack of proper knowledge behind how to use Sibyl's information is basically the cause of much of the conflict behind whether or not it is "fair" to use such information. A system that is clearly designed to provide information, not a be all and end all judgements.

That is what the show wants to deliver so far, the conflict between people who trust the system, take actions based on what the system suggests, and others who go against the system(Akane). I guess there will be an episode, when an order from the system is absolute and Akane has to deal with, either go against, or follow it.
Takana_no_HanaOct 26, 2012 6:55 AM
Oct 26, 2012 6:54 AM

Mar 2011
Great episode
Interesting to see those explanations about Sibyl System and Psycho Pass
True nature of Shinya, I kinda expect it
but such a sick way to prove guilt of that employee
Oct 26, 2012 7:06 AM

Mar 2012
Duoprism said:
Everyone seems to point blame at the Sibyl System in this series... To me, Sibyl is not the one to blame, it's the people that utilize it.

Bingo and bongo at the same time. I do agree with you that in this society, the problem isn't so much the system but the people that utilize it. HOWEVER, I'd even go so far to say it isn't so much the people that utilize, it is the people who developed the Sibyl System and/or the people that create the rules/laws to judge the criminals.

Basically what this society has done is create a model for measuring the human psyche. Upon doing this, they've setup an order for how they'll judge people this system deems to have a criminal mentality. This society is far too reliant on the Sibyl System and even as this episode implied, there are loopholes to even get around this system. As you implied, this society is far too reliant on what we can tell is an imperfect system.

Perhaps when you said "utilize", you did also mean the creators and the enforcers of this system. I wasn't 100% sure if you meant this police force or the entire society itself.

This is one reason why I hate all the people that whine about Akane and "how she's useless." Akane was this top notch student not because she makes for a great police officer, but understands the flaws with the Sibyl System. That's the reason why she's an inspector and not an enforcer. Let's face it, the police have people that take care of all the dirty work. They are called "enforcers." The inspectors evaluate not only the enforcers, but the crime and criminals at hand and make judgments as to what actions should be taken. Although, it's not like all the inspectors are the same. While Akane is more open-minded and sees things through the Enforcers and victims perspectives, Ginoza sees things through a strict law-abiding enforcement perspective. He's more built around regulating than evaluating...that's why Akane is such an important addition to the staff.
Oct 26, 2012 7:08 AM

Jan 2008
Monster of the week formula...how disappointing. Fortunately, there's some character development going on at the same time and some 'lore' exposition.

"There is a road in the hearts of all of us, hidden and seldom traveled,
which leads to an unknown, secret place."
Oct 26, 2012 7:09 AM

Jan 2011
I didn't expect it go be this good.
Amazing episode, the Dominator has another kick-ass mode.
I wonder if it has a fourth mode too.
This is really good so far and it can be even better. I'm looking forward to more.
I almost never read discussions after I made my post, if you want to reply PM me or post on my profile page.
Oct 26, 2012 8:47 AM

Apr 2011
I found this episode to be really really really awesome. I pretty much liked everything about it. Cool show so far.
Pages (7) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Psycho-Pass Episode 21 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 14, 2013

353 by HiMaNGa_K_BaRUaH »»
May 11, 1:35 PM

Poll: » Psycho-Pass Episode 20 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 7, 2013

289 by HiMaNGa_K_BaRUaH »»
May 11, 1:11 PM

Poll: » Psycho-Pass Episode 19 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Feb 28, 2013

227 by HiMaNGa_K_BaRUaH »»
May 11, 12:42 PM

Poll: » Psycho-Pass Episode 18 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Feb 21, 2013

274 by HiMaNGa_K_BaRUaH »»
May 11, 10:12 AM

Poll: » Psycho-Pass Episode 16 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Feb 7, 2013

567 by scorpioniclibra »»
May 4, 8:21 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.