Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Sword Art Online (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (15) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 » ... Last »
Oct 20, 2012 6:41 PM

Aug 2009
Scrypt said:
chris-yang said:
decent ep, so this game has no threat now huh, based on the comments...
spoiled myself i guess...
and why am i not surprised with kirito choosing a chara wearing black :)
if there's a game that i could experience flying, i would def play it

and why are people still playing games, i mean after the SAO incident, wouldnt they be a bit traumatized or something... one things for sure, stricter inspection were probably established before a game is released

Kirito choosing a black swordman is the same reason why gamers choose what they are comfortable with first when playing a new game(for me it's usually rogues or warriors)

and as they had mentioned in this episode, there are new helmets called amuspheres which is meant to be safer then the nerv gears....in regards to being traumatized, I'm pretty sure some ppl are but that doesn't stop them from trying it anyways. That's like asking "why do ppl hate<insert hype series of the season>, yet keep watching every episode?"

^Way better than my drugs example....
Oct 20, 2012 6:44 PM

Nov 2010
Really nice episode, I would like to this series to go beyond 25 episodes =D
Oct 20, 2012 6:45 PM

Aug 2011
jeanfarias said:

Show's gonna get a Season 2 anyways, can't wait for GGO.
Oct 20, 2012 6:47 PM

Sep 2012
EstelleBright said:
jeanfarias said:

Show's gonna get a Season 2 anyways, can't wait for GGO.

I hope you're right! Yaay for season 2!!!
Oct 20, 2012 6:48 PM
Jul 2012
Bishoujotaku said:
JavierR said:
I still don't like any of the characters in this show except for sugou

You have good tastes.

of course who do you think i am!
Oct 20, 2012 6:49 PM

Aug 2011
Funny thing, I actually want a Season 2 DONE RIGHT.
GGO better be amazing, don't care for Mother's Rosario.

PS Sugou is the best, anyone who like him has good tastes in characters.
Oct 20, 2012 6:54 PM

Feb 2012
Yui's moe levels were just too high for me this ep. I almost died from HNNNNNNGGGHHHHning
Oct 20, 2012 7:07 PM
Dec 2010
I wonder how Yui's heart is in the inventory of Kirito being transferred in ALO?
In ep 14, you can see Asuna wearing it as her necklace.
Oct 20, 2012 7:09 PM

Feb 2012
nightstalk5 said:
I wonder how Yui's heart is in the inventory of Kirito being transferred in ALO?

It was saved at Kirito's nervegear local memory.
Oct 20, 2012 7:12 PM

Jan 2010
HauntingShock said:
nightstalk5 said:

Asuna and Kirito had a shared inventory remember? They were married.
Oct 20, 2012 7:12 PM

Apr 2012
Nice eps, but I lamented the fight is less exciting maybe because is still new beginning of the ALO Story.
I hope forward the stories wrapped an epic battle.
and I also cant wait to see Asuna after this :)

Yvese said:
Yui's moe levels were just too high for me this ep. I almost died from HNNNNNNGGGHHHHning

Totally Agreed lol

Oct 20, 2012 7:22 PM

Sep 2009
ShiroX said:
ssjokg said:
Scoops said:
ssjokg said:
I am either getting brainwashed by the haters or the animation just got way worse...

I'd go with the highlighted one.

Was it even good in the first place tho? Sure, the art is nice, but that is entirely different thing.

Yeah but it wasnt something facepalm worthy from me, in every second of the ep.In this ep I just couldnt help but laugh....

I really didn't see anything particularily bad in this ep
The animation was fine, but some people are only satisfied with the absolute highest quality of animation. People will save themselves a lot of grief if they learn to tolerate a wider range of animation quality.
Oct 20, 2012 7:23 PM
Dec 2010
rorinmaru said:
HauntingShock said:
nightstalk5 said:

Yeah I remember they have shared inventory. But remembering their conversation with the husband in murder story. They said that equipped items are not included to the shared inventory. Even if the partner dies it wont go to your partner but will be dropped in the field
Oct 20, 2012 7:24 PM
Dec 2008
I'm not sure if i like that world yet. The absence of death makes it a lot less intense and important, though i guess things will complicate. They did talk about death penalty too.

Not sure about this yet, the bar had been set quite high. 8/10.
Oct 20, 2012 7:25 PM

Mar 2012
Gotta love Yui's voice actor <3
Oct 20, 2012 7:28 PM

Aug 2009
nightstalk5 said:
rorinmaru said:
HauntingShock said:
nightstalk5 said:

Yeah I remember they have shared inventory. But remembering their conversation with the husband in murder story. They said that equipped items are not included to the shared inventory. Even if the partner dies it wont go to your partner but will be dropped in the field
Being married doesnt matter since Yui was saved in Kirito's NerveGear. IF she was in Asuna's ,Yui wouldnt be with him even if she was in the shared inventory (even if Asuna didnt have it equipped).
saxophone15 said:
ShiroX said:
ssjokg said:
Scoops said:
ssjokg said:
I am either getting brainwashed by the haters or the animation just got way worse...

I'd go with the highlighted one.

Was it even good in the first place tho? Sure, the art is nice, but that is entirely different thing.

Yeah but it wasnt something facepalm worthy from me, in every second of the ep.In this ep I just couldnt help but laugh....

I really didn't see anything particularily bad in this ep
The animation was fine, but some people are only satisfied with the absolute highest quality of animation. People will save themselves a lot of grief if they learn to tolerate a wider range of animation quality.

So if the animation drops in quality in the middle of the series you cant complain even if you like the series?
Oct 20, 2012 7:31 PM

Sep 2012
Not sure how I feel about Kirito's new look...I think his hair looks stupid lol.
But glad to know he's still an ass-kicking bad ass! Hell yea!

I definitely plan on finishing this series, but the whole fairies thing kinda turns me off. Like idk its just a bit...fruity? Like if I saw a game in a store, and had cute fairies all over the cover, and you got to fly around and shit, I would assume it was a game targeted for girls. Maybe thats just me..

Don't get me wrong, I love this show and all the characters, but...fairies? Come on. Like if I'm watching this, and someone comes into my room and sees it, that'd be hella embarrassing.

"Hey what are you watching?"
"A show about an online virtual reality game where players can't log out and if they die they die in real life, and you have to beat the game to leave."
"Wow cool! So what's happening?"
"Well, they beat the game already. But the main character saw the girl he loves in another game, because she never woke up, and now he's in that one. But there's no danger of dying and he can log out at any time...and they are all fairies..."
"....oh."
Oct 20, 2012 7:34 PM

Aug 2009
Red_Keys said:
Not sure how I feel about Kirito's new look...I think his hair looks stupid lol.

I definitely plan on finishing this series, but the whole fairies thing kinda turns me off. Like idk its just a bit...fruity? Like if I saw a game in a store, and had cute fairies all over the cover, and you got to fly around and shit, I would assume it was a game targeted for girls. Maybe thats just me..

Don't get me wrong, I love this show and all the characters, but...fairies? Come on. Like if I'm watching this, and someone comes into my room and sees it, that'd be hella embarrassing.

"A show about an online virtual reality game where players can't log out and if they die they die in real life, and you have to beat the game to leave."
"Well, they beat the game already. But the main character saw the girl he loves in another game, because she never woke up, and now he's in that one. But there's no danger of dying and he can log out at any time...and they are all fairies..."
"....oh."

Replace fairies with elves(there is no fucking difference in appearance) and you got like every fantasy video game in real life. Dont get why you find it so strange...
Oct 20, 2012 7:43 PM

Sep 2012
ssjokg said:
Red_Keys said:

"....oh."

Replace fairies with elves(there is no fucking difference in appearance) and you got like every fantasy video game in real life. Dont get why you find it so strange...

That's like saying if you make a boy look like a girl, whabam! He's now a girl!

Yea they look the same as elves (Besides the you know..wings), but my problem wasn't with how they looked, it was the fact that they were fairies.
Oct 20, 2012 7:44 PM

May 2011
so they can log out and return to the real life.. then they can go back again in that game? that is soo.. meehh..but nice episode
Oct 20, 2012 7:45 PM

Aug 2009
Red_Keys said:
ssjokg said:
Red_Keys said:

"....oh."

That's like saying if you make a boy look like a girl, whabam! He's now a girl!

Yea they look the same as elves (Besides the you know..wings), but my problem wasn't with how they looked, it was the fact that they were fairies.

They still look more like usual elves than "gay" fairies.Just wait for General Eugene....
Oct 20, 2012 7:49 PM
Dec 2010
ssjokg said:
nightstalk5 said:
rorinmaru said:
HauntingShock said:
nightstalk5 said:

Being married doesnt matter since Yui was saved in Kirito's NerveGear. IF she was in Asuna's ,Yui wouldnt be with him even if she was in the shared inventory (even if Asuna didnt have it equipped).

I just find it weird that he still have it in his inventory. Saving Yui in his memory wont answer to the question. Because if that is really true, they can duplicate items in the game multiple times. They just need to save it in the nerve gear then distribute copies of the item to everyone in the game.
Oct 20, 2012 7:49 PM

Aug 2011
The writing in this show never fails...

to make me laugh my ass off.
Oct 20, 2012 7:50 PM

Aug 2012
Ah!! Can't wait to watch it with english subs >.<

Yui is back! yay! :D
Oct 20, 2012 7:50 PM

Aug 2009
nightstalk5 said:
ssjokg said:
nightstalk5 said:
rorinmaru said:
HauntingShock said:
nightstalk5 said:

I just find it weird that he still have it in his inventory. Saving Yui in his memory wont answer to the question. Because if that is really true, they can duplicate items in the game multiple times. They just need to save it in the nerve gear then distribute copies of the item to everyone in the game.

The thing is Kirito used a GM's terminal to save Yui.He didnt just copy her with some hack tool.
Oct 20, 2012 7:52 PM

Aug 2012
YuiHonma933 said:
so they can log out and return to the real life.. then they can go back again in that game? that is soo.. meehh..but nice episode
really? I mean Kirito can log out of the game anytime he wants unlike Sword Art Online? :O
Oct 20, 2012 8:02 PM
Dec 2010
ssjokg said:
nightstalk5 said:
ssjokg said:
nightstalk5 said:
rorinmaru said:
HauntingShock said:
nightstalk5 said:

The thing is Kirito used a GM's terminal to save Yui.He didnt just copy her with some hack tool.

Well using the GM's terminal without proper authority is also the same as hacking :D
so in the end Kirito is really a cheater and a hacker :D
Oct 20, 2012 8:04 PM

Feb 2012
Peter_Perry said:
Ah!! Can't wait to watch it with english subs >.<

Yui is back! yay! :D

Subs are out long ago.

Peter_Perry said:
YuiHonma933 said:
really? I mean Kirito can log out of the game anytime he wants unlike Sword Art Online? :O

Yup :D
He already escaped that death game. And now he goes to this new VRMMORPG to save Asuna.
Oct 20, 2012 8:06 PM
Jan 2012
when kirito deleting his past item there is TYPO
ALERT became ALART
Oct 20, 2012 8:06 PM

Aug 2009
nightstalk5 said:
ssjokg said:
nightstalk5 said:
ssjokg said:
nightstalk5 said:
rorinmaru said:
HauntingShock said:
nightstalk5 said:

Well using the GM's terminal without proper authority is also the same as hacking :D

I once logged in FB with my friend's saved account.I must be a super hackerXD
Oct 20, 2012 8:09 PM

Sep 2008
nightstalk5 said:

Not rocket science if someone's just left a terminal open for anyone to be able to access it like what Kirito did in ep12. That's just like having your facebook page open at a netcafe for anyone to mess around with. And as I recall from last episode, Kirito's aunt had mentioned he built his own pc at age 6? If he can do that, how easy would it be to press a few keys and cut and paste a program?
Oct 20, 2012 8:10 PM

Dec 2010
GAH!! That ending >_<
So sad it ended, but glad that he didnt take too long in the beginning of the ep to jump right back into the game (but I guess being able to die/log out does that ;))

Excited to see the new world and characters...hopefully see some old ones
~Believe in you! Not in the you who believes in me. Not in the me who believes in you. Believe in the you... that believes in you!~
Oct 20, 2012 8:12 PM

May 2011

Yum. Imouto.
Oct 20, 2012 8:12 PM

Mar 2012
-obviously he chose the angsty emo race
-everyone looks really dumb
-incest soon preferably
-please can the death penalty be dying again, that would be hilarious and awesome
-"who's next" hahahhaha
JoshOct 20, 2012 8:15 PM
LoneWolf said:
@Josh makes me sad to call myself Canadian.
Oct 20, 2012 8:18 PM
Dec 2010
Scrypt said:
nightstalk5 said:

Not rocket science if someone's just left a terminal open for anyone to be able to access it like what Kirito did in ep12. That's just like having your facebook page open at a netcafe for anyone to mess around with. And as I recall from last episode, Kirito's aunt had mentioned he built his own pc at age 6? If he can do that, how easy would it be to press a few keys and cut and paste a program?

Being able to understand those complex numbers and programs in a matter of seconds and under pressure, I think you really need some advance background before you can actually get the hang of it. And the cardinal system being created by the genius kayaba akihiko and the first of its kind won't be like your everyday case of using fb where anyone can use easily.
Oct 20, 2012 8:20 PM
Jul 2012
LEGOF said:

Yum. Imouto.

Holy shit i cant believe i forgot about this. I honestly thought she was fingering herself waiting for kirito to come home but you know this show isn't my favourite incest hentai or anything.
Oct 20, 2012 8:22 PM

Mar 2012
nightstalk5 said:
Scrypt said:
nightstalk5 said:

Being able to understand those complex numbers and programs in a matter of seconds and under pressure, I think you really need some advance background before you can actually get the hang of it. And the cardinal system being created by the genius kayaba akihiko and the first of its kind won't be like your everyday case of using fb where anyone can use easily.

I don't think you've read the "press a few keys and cut and paste a program" part right.
The anime exaggerated at that matrix animation.
Oct 20, 2012 8:31 PM

Jan 2009
medicore episode but at least they can fly now
Oct 20, 2012 8:34 PM

Sep 2008
nightstalk5 said:

As KaiKatsuya above me has mentioned, those matrix codes were over-exaggerated. I wouldn't call myself an IT expert, but if I were to be placed in front of a computer I could pretty much guess how to use it. We have kid programmers these days so what's to say that the future Kirito is in(which happens to be years ahead of us), he ain't one of them geeky type kids who knows his way around a keyboard. It's not like he just reconstructed Kayaba's cardinal system.
Oct 20, 2012 8:36 PM
Dec 2010
KaiKatsuya said:
nightstalk5 said:
Scrypt said:
nightstalk5 said:

I don't think you've read the "press a few keys and cut and paste a program" part right.

I've read it as bright as the sun.
Ok Let's say the anime just exagerated on those parts.
So how do you explain kirito's skill on reprograming the fragments of yui (an artificial intelligence, a complex program of the cardinal system) into just a small item and saving it in his terminal in a matter of of few seconds or minutes using an unfamiliar terminal that you have no experience on using with. This is not a doing of your average user/player.
Kirito really has an exceptional talent in computer programming and hacking.
nightstalk5Oct 20, 2012 8:43 PM
Oct 20, 2012 8:42 PM

Aug 2009
nightstalk5 said:
KaiKatsuya said:
nightstalk5 said:
Scrypt said:
nightstalk5 said:

So how do you explain kirito's skill on reprograming the fragments of yui (an artificial intelligence, a complex program of the cardinal system) into just a small item and saving it in his terminal in a matter of of few seconds or minutes using an unfamiliar terminal that you have no experience on using with. This is not a doing of your average user/player.

computer programming yeah but hacking no.If he could he wouldnt waste his time in PLAYING ALO and GGO...
ssjokgOct 20, 2012 8:47 PM
Oct 20, 2012 8:43 PM

May 2009
It's nice to see yui again. :)

+

seeing kirito still kicking asses.
Oct 20, 2012 8:50 PM

Jan 2011
Kirito didn't design a backdoor, he didn't even open it, he only used it. And if he built a PC at 6, it's not unlikely he did play around with scripting, programming and stuff.

Unless there is no "copy item" function availabl to GMs, for which there is no indication, and he had to figure out how to recreate the item bit by bit (or at least byte by byte) in his local nerve gear memory, it shouldn't be that hard.

He probably fiddled around a bit to find the correct command, then a bit on how to set it to copy to his nerve gear, not to some temp directory or whatever, and maybe he had to find Yui first in a list of items, he probably had to figure out her internal name, as he couldn't use a menu to select the item and "Yui" wouldn't work. It's not *that* easy to do while under pressure like that, but still, far from rocket science.
Oct 20, 2012 8:56 PM
Dec 2010
ssjokg said:
KaiKatsuya said:
nightstalk5 said:
Scrypt said:
nightstalk5 said:

computer programming yeah but hacking no.If he could he wouldnt waste his time in PLAYING ALO and GGO...

I think his not wasting his time playing both games. His gamer self tells him that exploring and playing these new games is way more fun than hacking the whole game. Hacking spoils all the fun and experience of a game. It doesn't mean when you the capability to do something you will do it, sometimes its better to just let things go as they are. Games are made for us to enjoy with and not spoil with.
Oct 20, 2012 8:58 PM

Aug 2009
nightstalk5 said:
ssjokg said:
nightstalk5 said:
KaiKatsuya said:
nightstalk5 said:
Scrypt said:
nightstalk5 said:

I think his not wasting his time playing both games. His gamer self tells him that exploring and playing these new games is way more fun than hacking the whole game. Hacking spoils all the fun and experience of a game. It doesn't mean when you the capability to do something you will do it, sometimes its better to just let things go as they are. Games are made for us to enjoy with and not spoil with.

No. I meant that he would try to save Asuna by hacking the game instead of wasting time playing it,like now.The same for what happens in the next game.
ssjokgOct 20, 2012 9:01 PM
Oct 20, 2012 8:58 PM

Dec 2010
squareenix_X said:
ALERT became ALART

they suck so much at english
Oct 20, 2012 8:59 PM

Jan 2011
I kind of wish the whole struggle to live premise was viable in this game as well
Oct 20, 2012 9:00 PM

Aug 2011
ShiroX said:
squareenix_X said:
ALERT became ALART

they suck so much at english

I remember Accel World having 3nd instead of 3rd lol
Oct 20, 2012 9:03 PM
Dec 2010
NwAurion said:
Kirito didn't design a backdoor, he didn't even open it, he only used it. And if he built a PC at 6, it's not unlikely he did play around with scripting, programming and stuff.

Unless there is no "copy item" function availabl to GMs, for which there is no indication, and he had to figure out how to recreate the item bit by bit (or at least byte by byte) in his local nerve gear memory, it shouldn't be that hard.

He probably fiddled around a bit to find the correct command, then a bit on how to set it to copy to his nerve gear, not to some temp directory or whatever, and maybe he had to find Yui first in a list of items, he probably had to figure out her internal name, as he couldn't use a menu to select the item and "Yui" wouldn't work. It's not *that* easy to do while under pressure like that, but still, far from rocket science.

Im not saying it is rocket science.
Im just saying Kirito really have exceptional talent on these kind of things.
He is not our daily average user that would just be able to copy and paste files.
Oct 20, 2012 9:04 PM
Oct 2012
Yes the badass kirito is back... to bad he is missing his duel swords :/

o well ty episode 16 SAO is back but with fairies hahah
Pages (15) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» What even is SAO anymore?

Hango-Man - Apr 27

35 by DAMT34 »»
3 hours ago

Poll: » Sword Art Online Episode 23 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

bippo - Dec 8, 2012

480 by amf85 »»
Apr 27, 5:20 PM

Poll: » Sword Art Online Episode 19 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Nov 10, 2012

680 by amf85 »»
Apr 27, 2:32 PM

Poll: » Sword Art Online Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 22, 2012

734 by amf85 »»
Apr 26, 7:25 PM

» Dropping while it's still good ( 1 2 )

SIimyBread - Apr 15

64 by SIimyBread »»
Apr 26, 4:03 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.