Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
My Little Monster
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
Oct 15, 2012 4:19 PM

Oct 2008
i'm loving this show so far.
Oct 15, 2012 4:21 PM

Jun 2008
MoonxArtemis said:
Anyways so shizuku told haru she loves him, but he loves her in a different way. I wonder what that is supposed to mean. And just when shizuku decides to start over with haru...

Indeed, I got really confused too. I dont get if he loves her a "lover" or " best friend".

Shizuku´s dad is EPIC XD

oh man, again? why the main protagonist always has a brother which he doesnt get along with? oh wait Kaichou maid sama manga vibes

ワンダーランド花 ♥

Oct 15, 2012 4:22 PM

Dec 2010
Awesome episode, easily the best Shoujo of the season so far. It really is staying faithful to the manga, and the pacing is great. Awesome to see Haru throw him with one arm animated, lol dude learned his lesson quick, was already running when he saw him XD
Oct 15, 2012 4:23 PM

Apr 2012
i'm really glad that shizuku was able to acknowledge her feelings for haru. but i'm surprised that his feelings are different from hers! i thought that he liked her in a romanitc way...
anyways hopefully more on haru's past coming soon
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 15, 2012 4:36 PM

Nov 2008
A twin! It keeps getting better! I was thinking that they would speed the romance in this but I'm glad that they came up with this "I don't love you that way" thing. It is certainly refreshing.
Oct 15, 2012 4:46 PM
めんどくさい

Sep 2011
Orulyon said:

oh man, again? why the main protagonist always has a brother which he doesnt get along with?

Well, I have a younger brother and we at best tolerated each other for years and years. Then, we both (separately) went to a mutual friend's wedding, there were some girls, a LOT of alcohol, a car, the cops...

Anyway, we've gotten along fairly well since then.
Oct 15, 2012 4:55 PM

May 2012
Omg that shirtless and Shizuku's reaction = the best ;A; this is so cute
Oct 15, 2012 4:55 PM

Apr 2011
This anime can't stop surprising me ;o just what is the limit of this anime? :D Simply amazing!
Oct 15, 2012 4:56 PM

May 2010
wonder exactly what haru means when he said he loved her differently. maybe some past drama or something.. but she smiled and he blushed.. maybe a past girlfriend or something like that and when shizuku smiled he got reminded of her..? .. gah, but he kissed her in the first episode and told her he wanted to be with her.. why would he even do that if his love wasn't the love love kind.. maybe he is just an idiot after all or something.. so confusing..
Oct 15, 2012 5:12 PM

Aug 2011
The best show this season.

Period.
Oct 15, 2012 5:23 PM

Nov 2007
Xenoi said:
Great episode, love the reaction from the Dad and the romance. i wonder what part of the manga will the anime end at or will it have a different ending since it is following the manga exactly.

Brains Base. Expect multiple 13 episodes seasons just like Natsume. But I doubt I can hold myself for until another season. I am starting on the Manga as soon as this season comes to an end.
Stay Home and Wash Your Hands.
Protect Yourself. Protect Your Loved Ones.
Protect Your Community and Help Defeat
Coronavirus.
Oct 15, 2012 5:26 PM

Jul 2012
This show is pretty good. All this stuff about different type of love just reminds me of friendzone love, but that is probably not right, since Haru kissed her and all...but he said that his heart wasn't beating fast like in the mangas...I don't know, guess I will wait to see xD

Oct 15, 2012 5:35 PM

Apr 2012
Quickly becoming my favorite of the new season.
Oct 15, 2012 5:58 PM

Jan 2011
heh the rich Trio and those two showed up! almost all the characters have been introduced now,just an few more episodes be for things start to get kinda complicated~ haha.

forgot how much i love this series
Oct 15, 2012 5:58 PM

Aug 2012

Hahaha, this ep was awesomeee
Oct 15, 2012 6:05 PM

Mar 2012
InfiniteDestiny said:
Awesome episode, easily the best Shoujo of the season so far

Is that supposed to be a compliment?
LoneWolf said:
@Josh makes me sad to call myself Canadian.
Oct 15, 2012 6:28 PM

Nov 2007
Post-Moe said:
InfiniteDestiny said:

Probably the best anime of the season already! Well all three shoujo shows this season are pretty good. So I would say it's indeed a compliment. :)

God I am watching this all over again, and I am still loving this episode! :D
Stay Home and Wash Your Hands.
Protect Yourself. Protect Your Loved Ones.
Protect Your Community and Help Defeat
Coronavirus.
Oct 15, 2012 6:31 PM

Aug 2010
The dad's reaction was hilarious.
Oct 15, 2012 6:34 PM
Sep 2012
shanimebib said:
Post-Moe said:
InfiniteDestiny said:

Probably the best anime of the season already! Well all three shoujo shows this season are pretty good. So I would say it's indeed a compliment. :)

God I am watching this all over again, and I am still loving this episode! :D
Tonari no Kaibutsu-kun and Sukitte Ii na yo are my 2 favorite shows of the season. Every episode gets better and better. Character development, story and humor are what I look for in a shojo anime and this show definitely delivers.

Last season was sort of a let down for me. Accel World's second half wasn't as strong as the first and Sword Art Online started out really slow with all the side stories. The only show that I was excited for was the second season of Yuru Yuri, which unfortunately, has ended.

I'm glad that this season's shows are much better.

5/5
IconicOct 15, 2012 6:37 PM
Oct 15, 2012 6:47 PM

Aug 2011
I feel like crying. I'm watching too many cute shoujo anime for my own shitty love life. Anyways, this was beautiful again. Glad Shizuku's so straightforward. Come on Haru, develop some real feelings for her now.
Oct 15, 2012 6:48 PM

Mar 2012
Maybe you guys are right, I haven't checked out Sukitte yet. It just seems way too specific to be much of a compliment, liking calling Magi your favourite new potential long running shounen, lol.
LoneWolf said:
@Josh makes me sad to call myself Canadian.
Oct 15, 2012 6:49 PM
Jun 2008
more bit whole he said & she said seem slowing falling for each other?

give now build home for the chicken yea give a home makeover while she said wearing "granny outfit"?!

oh he said now meet she said's parents yea dad is shock cause other he said is seem to be hiding from someone.
LIVING THE GS-LIFESTYLE
MR.GS
JUST ON THE JOURNEY THROUGH THE ANIME WORLD
THE KLAC OF ANIME WORLD
you either with ANIME http://myanimelist.net/clubs.php?cid=24159 or against the anime
Oct 15, 2012 6:52 PM
Sep 2012
itsvero said:
I feel like crying. I'm watching too many cute shoujo anime for my own shitty love life. Anyways, this was beautiful again.
Lol I know what you mean. I try and balance things out by watching stupid but funny anime.
itsvero said:
Glad Shizuku's so straightforward. Come on Haru, develop some real feelings for her now.
I like that about her too. It gets irritating sometimes when a girl can't just be straight forward and honest about her feelings.
Oct 15, 2012 6:59 PM

Aug 2011
Better couple than that KiriGAYaxASSuna
Oct 15, 2012 7:01 PM

Dec 2010
Post-Moe said:
Maybe you guys are right, I haven't checked out Sukitte yet. It just seems way too specific to be much of a compliment, liking calling Magi your favourite new potential long running shounen, lol.

It was meant to be a compliment, but i didn't want to say best show of the season since its a bit early, the other two Shoujo are pretty good but i can say pretty safely that Tonari is way better and unless it bombs it will remain better, thus my reasoning for phrasing it as i did.
Oct 15, 2012 7:03 PM

Dec 2010
EstelleBright said:
Better couple than that KiriGAYaxASSuna

You really don't let things go do you? even on other forums...sigh but you are right, that said its not like your statement is even special its obvious, it would be pretty freaken bad if a Shoujo had worse romance than a show with romance tendencies, say whatever you will about SAO but the fact remains that my categorization is correct, SAO is no Shoujo, whatever it tries to be it isn't romance first like Tonari, thus this series is suppose to have better romance
Oct 15, 2012 7:08 PM

Aug 2011
Sorry ID for bashing Kirito, he's a cool guy, not regrets on Asuna though. But if it REEEEEEALLLLLLLLY bothers you, you should just ignore me <3
Oct 15, 2012 7:14 PM

Dec 2010
EstelleBright said:
Sorry ID for bashing Kirito, he's a cool guy, not regrets on Asuna though. But if it REEEEEEALLLLLLLLY bothers you, you should just ignore me <3

It doesn't really bother me that much, i just don't get why on every forum i go on this season people bash SAO one time or another, you want to hate on SAO go ahead, i dnt even care anymore, just do it on the SAO forum instead.
Oct 15, 2012 7:47 PM
Oct 2010
InfiniteDestiny said:
EstelleBright said:
It doesn't really bother me that much, i just don't get why on every forum i go on this season people bash SAO one time or another, you want to hate on SAO go ahead, i dnt even care anymore, just do it on the SAO forum instead.
Maybe he avoids SAO's forum cause it's a freaking spoiler minefield.
"Against stupidity the gods themselves contend in vain"
Friedrich Schiller
Oct 15, 2012 7:52 PM

May 2011
Why is the flames reaching this forum as well, can't that forum keep it contained. On another note, great episode.
Oct 15, 2012 7:54 PM

Aug 2012
I'm still wondering why this only gets 13 episodes ; v ; ) oh well.
It was a nice episode and Yuuzan's voice was Nakamura-samaaaa, it fits him so well.
And it was very funny when Haru kept punching Yamaken u v u
Oct 15, 2012 7:54 PM

Sep 2011
I thought that poster at 6:17 was saying Little Busters LOL

Pretty nice episode! Liked how the teacher caved in quickly. But why did she say why after asking for permission? Is she questioning why she asked the higher ups because the author made her to do so? XD
"Now's the time for you to run towards the day you awaken from this dream."

~Boys be Smile
Oct 15, 2012 8:21 PM

Aug 2012
A great episode although not as good as the first two. But still loved it. Shizuku's confession, the supermarket scene, "Granny's clothes"(LOL), Haru tossing his friend using just his one arm, Haru punching Yamaken whenever he touched Shizuku, everything;just loved everything about this episode.
The Best Part's-
Shizuku's Dad's reaction and Shizuku trying to sneak a peek at topless Haru.
Oct 15, 2012 8:22 PM

Sep 2012
I lol at the dad's scene.
Yeah I gotta agree the first two episodes were better, though this episode was still good.
I wonder what will happen next with Haru.
Oct 15, 2012 8:38 PM

Jun 2012
Beathebear said:
Takana_no_Hana said:
and it seems like they don't follow the typical shoujo setting when there's another girl/guy appear and start a love triangle

At least not yet.

Not many fellow Manga readers I guess..
Oct 15, 2012 8:44 PM

Jan 2011
RockerXD said:
Why is the flames reaching this forum as well, can't that forum keep it contained. On another note, great episode.

Just be glad SAO is doing a second cour, with any luck it will attract most of the obvious trolls, sockpuppets and flamemeisters and allow us to boost the signal to noise ratio on the other forums.

I'm enjoying all of the shoujo shows this season although I can't make up my mind whether I prefer this or Sukitte more (they are pretty clearly the top two out of the bunch). We'll see how it goes when the couples reach the (inevitable) roadblocks and bumpy patches, but both shows come from pretty strong mangas.
Please don't feed the trolls!
In my next life I want to collide at the corner with the cute transfer student
carrying a piece of toast in her mouth
...rodac

Oct 15, 2012 8:48 PM

Nov 2009
YorozuyaGinSan said:
Beathebear said:
Takana_no_Hana said:
and it seems like they don't follow the typical shoujo setting when there's another girl/guy appear and start a love triangle

At least not yet.

Not many fellow Manga readers I guess..

Ah okay, let's see how things go then. At least I really like the female protagonist, she isn't the timid type who always cries and clings into her boy friend, try to sympathize him with her pathetic look. -->tired of that already.

Anyway, great episode, I like this more than 2previous one cause it gave me the reasons why Shizuku found something attractively in Haru.
Oct 15, 2012 8:51 PM
Oct 2012
i cannot get enough of haru, he is way too funny
Oct 15, 2012 8:53 PM

Sep 2012
I think it's funny how the chicken moves its head, hehe and the dads face when he was reading the newspaper, and when haru gets kicked off the sofa ahahahaha good show
Oct 15, 2012 9:07 PM

Apr 2011
Actually an awesome show so far. I'll be blunt, I didn't expect much as I don't regularly watch shoujos, but this was fun and fresh for me :)
Oct 15, 2012 9:31 PM

Mar 2012
This was another excellent episode. The very quick pace in which developments have occurred is extremely refreshing.

Haru and Shizuku's relationship continues to be highly engaging and compelling, due, in large part, to their contrasting personalities and terrific chemistry. Though she surprisingly withdrew her own confession following the end to the last episode, it's great that she confessed again in the latter half of the episode. I really liked that her slight worries were dealt with in a natural fashion, rather than these plethora of developments being unnecessarily stretched over several episodes, which would likely become quite tiring. My favorite sequence came in the moment her temporary misunderstanding and doubt of Haru's affections was, following her second confession, cleared up by him suggesting that his love isn't exactly the same as hers. I also loved her response, as typically, one might expect her to hastily feel temporarily angered. Instead, she understood the full depth of his words, allowing herself the patience to wait for Haru to truly fall in love with her.

The consistently enjoyable interactions among the cast remains one of the best elements of the show. Shizuku's reaction to a shirtless Haru was hilarious, as was her father's reaction to their appearance at the house. Sasayan and Natsume would clearly make a great couple, and I'm hoping that's the direction the story will eventually take their characters. Unfortunately, I can already see Yamaken becoming an interfering and irritating rival. The appearance of what appears to be Haru's brother seems quite foreboding; it will be interesting to see what conflicts will arise from this unexpected situation.

The production values were, for the most part, thoroughly great throughout. The artistic composition is fantastic, as the vibrantly colorful aesthetic heavily assists in creating what is easily one of the most visually appealing shows of the season. The direction is solid in it's confident handling of the humor, romance, and few moments of dramatic tension. The quality of the animation, however, is one of my only criticisms, as it slightly, yet noticeably declined.

All in all, Tonari continues to thoroughly excel in it's execution. This is easily one of the best shows of the season.
Oct 15, 2012 9:37 PM

Nov 2008
Wow a really great anime! I can't get enough of it xDD Gotta recommend this to others xDD

Anyway, is the other shoujo "Suki-tte ii na yo" as good as this one? I might check it out if people like that too xDD

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .anime . manga . updates . ♫♪ . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
Oct 15, 2012 9:44 PM

Nov 2009
DenjaX said:
Wow a really great anime! I can't get enough of it xDD Gotta recommend this to others xDD

Anyway, is the other shoujo "Suki-tte ii na yo" as good as this one? I might check it out if people like that too xDD

It's not as good, but it's ok. It has some sweet romance moments, good artworks, but the developments weren't solid, they progressed rather fast compare to Tonari, give it the first episode to find whether you like it or not.
Oct 15, 2012 10:14 PM
Luny Tunes

Feb 2012
Good stuff! I'm glad I picked up this show. :) I really like the pairing of Shizuku and Haru.

Shizuku's dad had funny reactions all over, lmao! xD
Oct 15, 2012 10:27 PM

Jul 2010
Ok, after this episode im sure this series is in my top 3 of this season.Its hilarious, cute and beautiful.Main characters are AMAZING, just like some of side characters.
About episode...wow, she really said it! big development here.Cant wait to see whats next with Haru's twin brother.He doesnt seem to be loving bro.

5/5 <3
Oct 15, 2012 10:27 PM

Oct 2010
based on looks, im guessing Yazun or whatever is Haru's brother.

Also, Haru is very blunt with his affections. lol.
Oct 15, 2012 10:33 PM

Jun 2010
This show has yet to disappoint me. Gotta love stupid Haru is, in the good way.

Also, didn't expect that he will have a twin brother.
Oct 15, 2012 10:36 PM

Apr 2012
Man I'm loving every episode of this series. Well animated, love the animation, and the cutesy humorous interactions between the characters. Haru and Shizuku are just awwwesome sauce. Dun dun dun Haru's brother next episode?

Oct 15, 2012 10:54 PM

Apr 2010
Yeah, this show is fucking fantastic.
(◕ᴥ◕し)
Hello! Did you know? Barnacles have the largest penis to body size ratio of the animal kingdom.
Oct 15, 2012 11:10 PM

Mar 2012
YAMAKEN & YUUZAN! yey! I don't really like Yamaken's voice though. Yuuzan's is great.
I keep liking this show's jokes, they're really funny.
Shizuku's one of the best female leads i've seen in a shoujo anime, she's just too adorable and not annoying! srsly, she's perfect.
Pages (5) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Is there going to be a season 2? ( 1 2 )

SalemWitch - Apr 2, 2013

64 by Note_Rikka »»
May 1, 6:01 PM

Poll: » Tonari no Kaibutsu-kun Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Dec 24, 2012

478 by Prevesis »»
Apr 18, 1:30 PM

Poll: » Tonari no Kaibutsu-kun Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Oct 1, 2012

463 by LANNYPOOPOODONG »»
Oct 20, 2023 7:06 AM

Poll: » Tonari no Kaibutsu-kun Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Nov 5, 2012

165 by waalex11 »»
Sep 12, 2023 7:42 PM

Poll: » Tonari no Kaibutsu-kun Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Dec 10, 2012

165 by ccrr »»
Aug 19, 2023 10:34 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.