Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (8) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Oct 12, 2012 8:57 AM

Apr 2008
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------

Whooo, the epsiode was perfect. Great opening too. Speedwagon was superb and Jojo is a real gentlemen

Oct 12, 2012 9:00 AM

Apr 2009
This opening was epic, I didn't even care about the 3d CGI because I got all my favourite manga panels to music that reminded me of Hokuto No Ken.

Speedwagon was as awesome as everyone expected him to be and next week, it'll finally be time for

I can't fucking wait. A week has never been this long for me.
Steel Ball Run anime when?
Oct 12, 2012 9:03 AM

Jun 2008
It was more slow-paced this time which is great!
And this OP was so good, I usually hate CGI but this time it was really good and the song itself is great.

I also really liked how Roundabout started before the ED and fitted the scene.
Oct 12, 2012 9:04 AM

Oct 2012
Can't wait for the subs to be up! I NEED MY JOJO FIX!
Oct 12, 2012 10:51 AM
Apr 2012
This episode ended exactly where I thought it would. Can't wait for the subs to come out.
Oct 12, 2012 11:03 AM

May 2008
That opening is just wow O_O
I liked this episode, cheesy as always and sometimes I felt it's even cheesier than the manga. Events still going quite fast but that's just as expected. Censor wasn't really bad but it's a late night show so they could have done it better.
Oct 12, 2012 11:59 AM
Jan 2012
No subs yet, I suppose? xD

Can't wait to see the opening and... Speedwagon animated \o/
Oct 12, 2012 3:47 PM

Jun 2011
Here's the OP if anyone wants to see it early.

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/k1477AynnSESQp3rrLa
Oct 12, 2012 3:52 PM
Apr 2012
FastWheels said:
Here's the OP if anyone wants to see it early.

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/k1477AynnSESQp3rrLa

The first time I saw it, with the awesome music playing...how do I saw this...I had a boner. But the CG makes me get a feeling so complicated.
Oct 12, 2012 8:18 PM

Nov 2009
No matter how try had is the show, this one *cough is never going to be the best show of this season *cough due to its popularity, it can only be one of the top *cough

But I'm not too fond of the art styles though. Anime has evolved, now look back at this, although it's one of the classic but pretty much mediocre, it's still a normal shounen ...
Takana_no_HanaOct 12, 2012 8:22 PM
Oct 12, 2012 8:39 PM

Mar 2011
good episode
But honestly I can't stand its style..imo it's over the top
But people seems to love it, so I will stick around to see where it will go. I'm hoping for something old shounen-ish and epic
Oct 12, 2012 8:47 PM

Nov 2010
I thought personally this episode was great. I'm not really a fan of the art style myself, but it is faithful to the manga in that respect so it really isn't something to complain about in my opinion.

I'm excited for the next big character to show up!
Oct 12, 2012 9:04 PM

Apr 2011
Too good
Oct 12, 2012 9:28 PM
Apr 2009
I'm starting to question the people saying that Part 1 sucked.

It seems like a very good mystery/horror show to me. Nonetheless, a great episode.
Oct 12, 2012 9:34 PM

May 2011
Takana_no_Hana said:
No matter how try had is the show, this one *cough is never going to be the best show of this season *cough due to its popularity, it can only be one of the top *cough

But I'm not too fond of the art styles though. Anime has evolved, now look back at this, although it's one of the classic but pretty much mediocre, it's still a normal shounen ...

Anyone that says that anime has evolved to an old manga is fucking stupid.

Not liking Jojo? Get out. It's easy.
Oct 12, 2012 9:42 PM

Nov 2009
leokiko said:

Anyone that says that anime has evolved to an old manga is fucking stupid.

Not liking Jojo? Get out. It's easy.

Why should I get out? this is the anime adaptation and it has nothing to do with the original manga, it's fking retarded to compare an animated shounen show based on its origin. Just because its manga was classic, doesn't mean that the anime itself is good, nor classic.

Sorry but I don't like the manga much, although it's classic, but too bad I like FMA better. Jojo still holds its stand against most of the shounen show and has its audience, which is a good thing.

Try to make me get out.
Takana_no_HanaOct 12, 2012 9:46 PM
Oct 12, 2012 9:45 PM

May 2011
Why would I lose my time? I implied that if you don't like the anime, leave or stop saying bullshit. That's all.
leokikoOct 12, 2012 9:49 PM
Oct 12, 2012 9:46 PM

Feb 2009
The_Butcher said:

It seems like a very good mystery/horror show to me. Nonetheless, a great episode.

Part 1 doesn't suck. It's one of the weaker parts, but it's still pretty fun. Part 2 is great though, can't wait for that.
Oct 12, 2012 9:46 PM
Apr 2012
The_Butcher said:

It's not that Part 1 sucked, it's just that it's the weakest/least awesome part of JoJo.
Oct 12, 2012 9:47 PM

Nov 2009
Voicing my opinion is bullshit? That's weird, just because I don't like a show, doesn't mean I should stop watching it, now you sound like a fanboy to me.

Try to post something like "if you don't like the show, then stop watching it" in SAO, LB or any other ani thread, you gonna get slapped in the face, true story.
Oct 12, 2012 10:01 PM

Jan 2012
Loved this episode.
Oct 12, 2012 10:02 PM
Jan 2012
Vizi_Reality said:
But honestly I can't stand its style..

What D:

Its style is pure gold.
Oct 12, 2012 10:09 PM

Aug 2009
Great opening, it's really cool to see all the main characters at the beginning.

Anyway, another rushed episode. It was good, even though some scenes like the football one were strange because of the flying guys. At least Jonathan already is the strong and manly gentleman that I remember.

I love how the fights are bizarre already too, but the censorship disappointed me. Oh well, it can't be helped, I guess.

Next week: Ore wa ningen wo yameruzo, JoJo!
Oct 12, 2012 10:39 PM

Oct 2008
I really hate having to go over this, because I hate giving expectations for ANYTHING that people have yet to see, but feel it needs to be addressed.

Something new or prospective viwers need to understand, is that when individuals will mention "Part 1 being the weakest", they aren't necessarily saying it's bad, but simply the weakest, or even "worst" part. "Worst", however, is a relative term; that doesn't necessarily mean it's bad in any way, in a broader sense. Even then, there's plenty people out there I've seen swear up and down that Part 1 is by far their favorite one, and that's the beauty with Jojo - there's truly no wrong answer. As a general audience consensus I've seen over time, however, I can say that most will mention Part 1 being the weakest.

That being said, I've thoroughly enjoyed the adaption up to this point, and in ways, prefer what it's done to the original, playing on Araki's old weaknesses and turning them into awesome camp-material that just works. As for episode 2 specifically, again, they've effectively condensed the material in about the best possible way, keeping the pace brisk, but perfectly comprehensible.
DangerrOct 12, 2012 10:43 PM
Oct 12, 2012 11:01 PM

Aug 2011
Jojo's by far one of the most fun anime of the fall season. I was really concerned about the hardness that is bring Jojo to another media other than the manga, but the result is being pretty much great up until now.

As for the parts matter, IMO, part 1 is batter than part 2. I think both are great, not to mention that Joseph Joestar is one of the greatest protagonists ever made, but the story of part 2 is not as good as the story of part 1, not to mention that the villains in Battle Tendency are not as captivating as Dio. Please notice that this is just my opinion.

Sorry, my english is just bad.
Oct 12, 2012 11:09 PM

Sep 2007
SOOO GOOOOOD. Why is Jojo so good. ;w; This episode was just amazingggg, and the OP!! I never thought the day would come where I would actually like the 3D used in an anime. I seriously can't wait for next ep!
Oct 13, 2012 12:16 AM

Jan 2012
Lol, looks like there are some people who are too accustomed to generic, cookie-cutter moe faces.

Anyway, good episode. Dat Speedwagon. The opening fits the feel of Jojo so perfectly.
Oct 13, 2012 12:43 AM

May 2011
MasterKingJC said:
Lol, looks like there are some people who are too accustomed to generic, cookie-cutter moe faces.

My exact thoughts.
Oct 13, 2012 1:10 AM

Mar 2011
Pretty good episode.JoJo look alike Kenshiro.OP was sick but ED is good.
Oct 13, 2012 1:33 AM

Apr 2009
Dangerr said:
Something new or prospective viwers need to understand, is that when individuals will mention "Part 1 being the weakest", they aren't necessarily saying it's bad, but simply the weakest, or even "worst" part.[... ...]
This exactly.

As a stand alone manga, PB is still entertaining in its own right.
Oct 13, 2012 1:33 AM
Oct 2011
MasterKingJC said:
*sigh* How about being like the other die-hard fans and say this is the weakest part of the series instead of spouting that nonsense?

Episode was ok, the VAs bothered me a bit but I'll probably get used to the macho having a high-pitched voice eventually, I hope so at least, liked the unique style this show has, but till now there's nothing much special, looking forward to see where this is going.
Candor123Oct 13, 2012 1:44 AM
Oct 13, 2012 1:54 AM

Nov 2009
leokiko said:
MasterKingJC said:

My exact thoughts.

How about you trying some shounen-ish stuffs nowadays such as FMA, Gintama, Magi?

Ofc this show has its charms, such as the art styles, classic type, but sorry, until now there's nothing much special, just like the guy above me said. Let's just face with the criticisms. I'm not saying that it's bad, but there's nothing special yet to be liked.

Oh well Psycho-pass is much more entertaining. Dropped this.
Takana_no_HanaOct 13, 2012 2:10 AM
Oct 13, 2012 2:08 AM
Nov 2011
In my opinion Part 1 and 2 were pure magic.
Awesome Hokuto no Ken-like fights, mystical artifacts and creatures, a story of 2 rivals, the eerie setting of a foggy england, it´s just such a fantastic combination for me.

Im probably one of the fewer ones that like 1 and 2 more than the other ones, and I´m going to enjoy the hell out of this anime.

My only complaint is the shadow they put over every very brutal scene.
I hope that the episodes will be released uncensored and find their way on the internet.

The Opening seems to capture the essence of the entire series, I would be okay with all the future openings being similar to this one.
Takana_no_Hana said:
Oh man, you´ll be missing something I tell ya. ^^
Nyl685Oct 13, 2012 2:36 AM
Oct 13, 2012 2:10 AM

Sep 2009
Great episode! I'm totally hooked up on this series. I'm getting shivers when I think how awesome animated fights will be.
Oct 13, 2012 2:28 AM
Sep 2011
Candor said:
MasterKingJC said:
*sigh* How about being like the other die-hard fans and say this is the weakest part of the series instead of spouting that nonsense?

Episode was ok, the VAs bothered me a bit but I'll probably get used to the macho having a high-pitched voice eventually, I hope so at least, liked the unique style this show has, but till now there's nothing much special, looking forward to see where this is going.

True thing, the show seems fine but there's nothin' special about it atm. I'm looking forward to see what's gonna happen in the future though. Was it the adventure type?
Oct 13, 2012 2:38 AM

Jul 2012
I am simply in love with this show, great VA's, great pacing, and a unique art style that is very enticing and original.

Man, if these are the weaker parts, JoJo must become incredible later on.
[url=http://myanimelist.net/animelist/Num1dad_Asura]
[/url]
Click Here for Sig source
Oct 13, 2012 2:40 AM

Mar 2008
Duwang subs are out. Obviously, the best translations for the series.

What the hell! That OP is bloody perfect! Also, we can't say that there are no plans for the other parts after that. Of course, it doesn't mena they'll get an anime.

Now be careful guys. The whole being the worst part is just people's opinions. I myself think it's better than part 2, because I don't like the villains. But it has some of the better fights in the series.
m4rc0Oct 13, 2012 2:46 AM
Oct 13, 2012 2:48 AM

Feb 2008
Phantom Blood manga was good if you only look at the cheesiness and over the top action. Character development, backstories, Dio x JoJo relation and the story itself weren't that good actually. Not the worst shit of course, but if it weren't cheesy, it would be just bad. Still, the cheesiness is just too entertaining. It could be even worse and the cheesiness would still make it a lot better.

The episode was done well and some scenes were even more hilarious than in the manga. I just couldn't stop laughing at how big JoJo was in the first scene. It reminded me a lot of Hokuto no Ken, since some people had ridiculous proportions and heights. I don't remember if the manga had that many poses, but like, every second scene had those BIZARRE poses haha. I thought they'd go one chapter further and end it there with a cliffhanger, but this was good as well.

Too bad the episode was censored. If they censored this, I really wonder how the next episode will be like, since they are far worse in that matter. Can't believe that JoJo turned into BD material. Oh well, since I read the manga, I won't miss much out.

Prepare for the blackness of censors next week haha.

"Your sight, my delight. Will you marry me?"
Oct 13, 2012 2:55 AM

May 2012
Takana_no_Hana said:

LOL, anime has evolved?? Where have you been hiding all this time.

Anime has devolved if anything!!

So much damn generic crap, you know whats mediocre?: fanservice harem and moe! Totally a downgrade, you are free to not like the series or its artsyle but dont speak none-sense, screw stories , screw characters, all it takes nowadays to make anime is panties, tits and cute girls doing cute things, evolve my ****

Art style evolved?? Yea sure, What bad tastes you have to like supposed art style that looks the damn same, its impossible to distinguish characters nowadays, the same shitty generic and cheap art-style and designs used over and over again.,

MasterKingJC said:

Anyway, good episode. Dat Speedwagon. The opening fits the feel of Jojo so perfectly.

TRUE! And they eve believe this is an "evolution"...hilarious.

Takana_no_Hana said:

Oh well, not all its lost with you yet then as psycho-pass has lot of potential, gets a plus for openly saying it aims to counter so called "evolution".
9988Oct 13, 2012 3:04 AM
Oct 13, 2012 2:59 AM

Feb 2008
MooseZoom said:
Censored? What was censored?

When Dio cut those guys. He sliced one guy's hand. You could see what he was doing, but half screen was dark.

"Your sight, my delight. Will you marry me?"
Oct 13, 2012 3:09 AM

Apr 2009
Takana_no_Hana said:
until now there's nothing much special, just like the guy above me said. Let's just face with the criticisms. I'm not saying that it's bad, but there's nothing special yet to be liked.
You are quite right.

As I've been painstakingly trying to point out in this thread, Part 1 is drastically different from the later parts. And this current part ISN'T what JJBA is famous for. Wait, let me further clarify that: the whole Za Warudo and Toki yo tomare is what it's famous for, but that is far from what I like about the series as a whole.

As a long time fan, I certainly would prefer if you wait till at least the next part (Battle Tendency) before you consider whether to drop it or not, but of course, ultimately, I do understand JJBA really isn't for everyone.
Oct 13, 2012 3:24 AM

Nov 2009
9988 said:

Bad taste? then tell me, what are they? Was it Clannad As, Ef, Spice and wolf in my list? or was it code geass? FMAB, steins;gate, DtB, F/Z, Madoka ? Tell me then. I would gladly listen to you about your "bad taste" definition.

This show is pretty much shounen-ish, but it's for the older generation, ages ago. Remember that the manga was published in 1986, imagine that? It aimed for shounen, means young boy at the current time, now most of them have become mature, the style hasn't changed itself a bit, look at the top shounen manga, bleach, naruto, gintama, FMA, kuroko but nowhere did this "JoJo" appeared, because it has lost its position, its style hasn't changed a bit, it still lives in its glorious and delusional past, unless those adults mentioned above decided to read(again) and call it "shounen", cause young generation nowadays hardly find anything interesting in it.

And if it was traditional style(Jojo's style) which applied for all those shounen show nowadays, they would have been cliche and bored as fk!

This applies to any genres, or demographic, too much moe? then they will be down graded too. Just look at those anime deserve to be on top nowadays, they aren't only improving in arts, but also in the story/plot themselves. And each of them serve different audience.

You know what have been evolved?

F/Z is the perfect example for the evolution, exceeding in story/plot, chars development and graphic. Especially the psychology and philosophy lie behind.
I'm sure the journey of Elric brothers in FMA is much more epic than JoJo's adventure.
Clannad has popularized the drama genre to most of anime viewers, the only old show I've watched was grave of the fireflies, but if I tell my friend to watch it, I better not.
Gintama is pretty much another perfect example to show us which direction has shounen evolved so far.

If you've missed them, then I might tell you that you've missed a lot, and probably you would just hide yourself in history books.

Takana_no_HanaOct 13, 2012 3:56 AM
Oct 13, 2012 3:39 AM

Apr 2009
So, basically you deny the impact this series had during its creation time as well as today because it doesn't hold up to your self-imposed standards on today's media?
Steel Ball Run anime when?
Oct 13, 2012 3:56 AM

Apr 2009
Takana_no_Hana said:
but nowhere did this "JoJo" appeared, because it has lost its position
Actually, the reason why you no longer see JJBA on the top shounen list is because the later parts are in fact seinen manga. The later parts of JJBA target very different demographic from the examples you provided, so obviously you're not going to see JJBA on the same list as bleach, naruto, gintama etc, because you know, totally different focus.

Takana_no_Hana said:
its style hasn't changed a bit, it still lives in its glorious and delusional past
Look, you don't like JJBA, that's fine and all, but can you not make stuffs up? JJBA is actually one of the few manga that constantly changes its style. See my above point. Steel Ball Run is VERY different from Phantom Blood. I can understand if you just outright say you don't like the style, but seriously to say that JJBA hasn't change a bit is really pushing it.
NilviusOct 13, 2012 4:10 AM
Oct 13, 2012 4:00 AM

Mar 2012
7.57 only....
wtf?
End Zionazism
Oct 13, 2012 4:04 AM

May 2012
Takana_no_Hana said:
9988 said:

Bad taste? then tell me, what are they? Was it Clannad As, Ef, Spice and wolf in my list? or was it code geass? FMAB, steins;gate, DtB, F/Z, Madoka ? Tell me then. I would gladly listen to you about your "bad taste" definition.

This show is pretty much shounen-ish, but it's for the older generation, ages ago. Remember that the manga was published in 1986, imagine that? It aimed for shounen, means young boy at the current time, now most of them have become mature, the style hasn't changed itself a bit, look at the top shounen manga, bleach, naruto, gintama, FMA, kuroko but nowhere did this "JoJo" appeared, because it has lost its position, its style hasn't changed a bit, it still lives in its glorious and delusional past, unless those adults mentioned above decided to read it again can call "shounen", cause young generation nowadays hardly find anything interesting in it.

And if it was traditional style(Jojo's style) which applied for all those shounen show nowadays, they would have been cliche and bored as fk!

This applies to any genres, or demographic, too much moe? then they will be down graded too. Just look at those anime deserve to be on top nowadays, they aren't only improving in arts, but also in the story/plot themselves. And each of them serve different audience.

Re-read your post and the complain, you clearly said "Anime has evolved", which is totally non.sense and stand by what I said, did you brake it down to specific series? No you openly mean it as a general perspective, so did I, so I repeat anime of anything has devolved into an era shallowness and generic crap.

Did I said there are no good series, no, there are good ones, some awesome, some masterpieces, very few but there are, the rest is generic harem, moe, fansevice season after season.

Also I´ll say it directly you lack taste if you believe "art-style" has evolved and shallow for grounding your opinion on looks, like I said, nowadays screw stories and characters, the core of what makes something great, NOT looks.

Again, I repeat you are free to not like the art-style, but its totally non-sense your so called "anime has evolved", and this remark alone is what I am referring to.

I am speaking about anime NOT MANGA, I am clearly challenging you on your anime remarks, manga thankfully its indeed not in the sorry state anime is in today, if its not clear yet, I am specifically talking about the anime, not even the art-style in manga, this one has indeed got better, some generic stuff manga thou but not even far to its anime counterpart.

Wanna speak about manga, I dont want to but some of the ones you mention are good indeed and since you are so obsessed with arts-style, your Bleach you mention has the crappiest-laziest art style of of all current manga out there, at the very least one of the worsts, there even a good thread about it here, and the story became shittier and shittier, no wonder the anime got cancelled.

Naruto was good at first, became crap as years went on, dropped it, people parying that it get finished soon, there will be nothing but joy just like it happened with bleach.

Lastly stories and characters never age and I repeat, judging something as old because its art.style its so very shallow and so very of contemporary fans that say they cannot stand older anime, that they look "dated".

I welcome ANY DAY ANY TIME your so called old age, old school, dated looks or whatever you wish to call them over the generic crap art-style of todays -most- anime.
Oct 13, 2012 4:08 AM

Apr 2009
Sheesh man, calm down you guys.

Oct 13, 2012 4:09 AM
Sep 2011
Nilvius said:
Takana_no_Hana said:
but nowhere did this "JoJo" appeared, because it has lost its position
Actually, the reason why you no longer see JJBA on the top shounen list is because the later parts are in fact seinen manga. The later parts of JJBA in fact target very different demographic from the examples you provided, so obviously you're not going to see JJBA on the same list bleach, naruto, gintama etc, because you know, totally different focus.

Takana_no_Hana said:
its style hasn't changed a bit, it still lives in its glorious and delusional past
Look, you don't like JJBA, that's fine and all, but can you not make stuffs up? JJBA is actually one of the few manga that constantly changes its style. See my above point. Steel Ball Run is VERY different from Phantom Blood. I can understand if you just outright say you don't like the style, but seriously to say that JJBA hasn't change a bit is really pushing it.

Lol the reason why the author decided to change JJBA to Seinen, was in fact, it could not compete with other shounen shows.
Changing the style from shounen to seinen, is changing the demographic it aims at, to the mature audience, because the story isn't interesting or addictive like shounen shows in this era.
Oct 13, 2012 4:12 AM

Nov 2009
9988 said:

So does the show have anything interesting so far which are worthy to praise?

Lemme make it clear to you, in the past there were no definitions of harem, moe, fanservices. And the anime industry wasn't developed like it is right now. How about imagine bringing all the industry back to the old era, you would be fed up with cliche, mediocre adventure stories.

The industry has never stopped evolving, you can still see some good products, and by all means, Jojo was one of the shiny thing in the past, and the rest wasn't got much attention. There were bad and good shows in the past also.
Takana_no_HanaOct 13, 2012 4:22 AM
Oct 13, 2012 4:12 AM
Feb 2012
Hope they're not censoring the gory stuff. Fighting animation was a little bit off-puting and the pacing is too fast.
Pages (8) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » JoJo's Bizarre Adventure (2012) Episode 20 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Feb 22, 2013

251 by titty »»
May 4, 5:06 PM

Poll: » JoJo's Bizarre Adventure (2012) Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Nidhoeggr - Nov 30, 2012

210 by crumb_fr »»
May 2, 7:48 PM

Poll: » JoJo's Bizarre Adventure (2012) Episode 25 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Mar 29, 2013

166 by JohnZ_GGs »»
May 2, 1:16 AM

Poll: » JoJo's Bizarre Adventure (2012) Episode 14 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

KiraYoshikage - Jan 11, 2013

160 by JohnZ_GGs »»
Apr 28, 12:33 AM

Poll: » JoJo's Bizarre Adventure (2012) Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Nidhoeggr - Jan 4, 2013

158 by JohnZ_GGs »»
Apr 25, 12:14 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.