Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (6) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »
Nov 2, 2008 2:58 PM

Apr 2008
this episode was full of win
Nov 2, 2008 5:48 PM

May 2008
Asako said:
Nobody can trump Minorin's bucket of pudding.
I agree!!
Nov 2, 2008 7:24 PM

Aug 2008
^ Hey, same avatar! hehehe Tomoyo's awesome, isn't she? ^_^

angel999 said:
THIS MOST LIKELY the SECOND BEST part with Kushieda in this EPISODE!

I take it she means "NO"? :3

Cool episode! I had the impression that our, new, blue-haired, female lead, would be less bitchy and be more like Kushieda, all deduced from the opening and ending animations though. I guess I was wrong! I love being wrong though, unpredictable stuff and twists are more interesting, and hook you more.
Nov 2, 2008 7:26 PM

Apr 2007
hahaha kushieda was hilarious

pretty nice episode, I'm really enjoying this series
逃げちゃ駄目だ。
Nov 2, 2008 8:07 PM

Dec 2007
Minori's awesome in this episode even though she didn't get much spotlight.
Nov 2, 2008 8:42 PM

Sep 2008
i Wonder what kind of sauce they purchased for the Pork Cutlet, xD
Nov 2, 2008 9:42 PM

Jan 2008
Awesome episode Love Ryuuigi (spelled wrong)
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Nov 3, 2008 4:06 AM

Jul 2008
Aina-Chan said:
Gosh Kushienda is so awesome! xD I like how they did like a chibi face of her when Ryuuji was reading the letter. In addition LOL at Kushienda after she read the letter! Oh my gosh Taiga's so awesome telling Ami that she's gonna be watched. Ami's not that annoying actually I've seen more annoying anime girls than her. o.o

I agreed with you a little BUT AMI IS ANNOYING FOR THIS SERIES! Read my post on page 1 and you know why.
Oops! I appear to be incapable of following Rules 16 and 17, so I had to have a mod change my sig for me.
Nov 3, 2008 5:25 AM

Jul 2007
Davison said:

OMG

i keep lolling literally every time i remember this. it isn't complete without the sound though XD but yeah this is one of the best scenes EVER

FTGT said:
5/5. For me there is no discussion about it. What a great new character introduction.

Im not too familiar with "fake" characters like Ami (Sailor Mercury ftw :P), so she is quite originally for me. Cant wait for more....

angel999 said:

OK I HATE AMI! HATE! HATE! HATE!

My impression of AMI:
SLUT!
BI***!
MANIPULATIVE
ARROGANT AND SNORTY!
LYING
THINKS SHE IS BETTER CAUSE OF HER MODELING JOB!

Just a well-meant advise:
Please try to not always "SCREAM" what you want to say. Its hard to read something that always switches between upper case and lower case. ;)

you can just do what the other 98% of us usually do: ignore the post :D
corrodedNov 3, 2008 5:33 AM
Nov 3, 2008 7:47 AM

Feb 2008
Minori's letter was so cute!

Nov 3, 2008 9:40 AM
Dec 2007
I thought Ilifin's new group is actually qq. I can bet you that at least one group will stick with the show even with the cease and desist. Still, are you sure about this, because no one else has mentioned this as far as I can see.

Nov 3, 2008 10:14 AM

Sep 2008
There is no C and D, GG just made it up to drop the show they emitted it them selves, stop worring
It doesn't think, it doesn't feel, it doesn't laugh or cry..... All it does from dusk till dawn is make the soldiers die.
Nov 3, 2008 12:04 PM

Mar 2008
hilarious!! i thought there was on need to add in another character, but now i totally think differently, its quite a unique character, id like to see wht happens! :D gets better and better....and HILARIOUS too XD
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Nov 3, 2008 12:49 PM
Dec 2007
Very interesting new character so very interesting episode overall. And I hope we'll be able to see more of this in fansub since it probably won't be licenced in my country until a long time (these kinds of anime do not sell so well here, and most editors are crumbling right now and don't have enough money to spare to buy the big hits, let alone the "middle" series like this one...).

In every age, in every place, the deeds of men remain the same.
Nov 3, 2008 2:19 PM

Mar 2008
Haha! Awesome episode! Really the best so far. Great stuff.
This will be interesting which such characters.

Like everyone else, the best part was Kushieda's "AVOID THEM AT ALL COST".
That was too hilarious!

But the sentence "because she has the same name as Sailor Mercury" was great, too.
There were so many great scenes in this one, like Taiga in bed getting comfortet by Mr. Evil-Looking (but I don't think he looks so evil). Actually I really forgot that he was the evil-looking guy. That's the first time in quite a while that they mentioned it again in the anime. So far that fact didn't have much concern in the anime anymore. :/
Nov 3, 2008 6:22 PM

Jun 2007
Kushieda and Taiga were funny this episode. I can't wait for Taiga and Ami to face off! I keep wondering why Ryuuji puts up with so much crap from everyone though. He might look like a delinquent, but he's got the heart of a saint! Those eyes make me laugh...
Your search on "Oran Solus" returned the following quotes:
"Oran Solus? I know him. What a wanker. He still owes me a tenner." Oscar Wilde
"Oran, you're so intelligent and awesome <3" Bakayaro
"Oran's sexy." LolitaDecay
"Oran is a sophisticated penguin." Drybananna
"Oran is a Hand-Eye you faggots." EddieSpaghetti
"Oran for Prime Minister." the_prime_one
"Oran is all that is stated in his sig and more." orbitzz

Nov 3, 2008 8:27 PM
Nov 2007
Comments made while watching:

-"Today is the last day of the holidays, how will you be spending it?" Watching this Anime how bout you? (If he actually responds I will never turn this computer on again out of fear.)

-Holy crap its mad avian disease! The parrot has infected the mother and now she is having spasms too!

-(At the opening) Snappy song and what is it about Rie Kugimiya's characters that make them look so damn spiffy while holding some type of edged weapon. (She will never live Shana down just like Orlando Bloom will never live Legolas down. Thats right I just compared an anime voice actress to Orlando Bloom, im crazy right?)

-Ok seriously Taiga you need to teach me how to throw ice cream like that :D

-Its episode 5 and we are just now introducing a character who is featured prominently in the opening? (Granted Bambo Blade waited till about halfway through the series to introduce that one girl with glasses but still...)

-My god girl is this what you look like when you let your guard DOWN?

-Wait Eri Kitamura is Ami's voice actress? Last time I saw her she was killing vampires as Saya in Blood + (very long series by the way but good if not confusing)

-*Kitamura leaves the table to go to the bathroom* ...Come on Ryuuji say something nice... "Im going to the bathroom too." *I wipe the spit of my computer screen after I stop laughing*

-Oh nice, dual personalities with Ami! *Waits for Taiga violence*

-She may be a demon Ryuuji but ill be damned if she isnt fun to look at.

-*Taiga slaps Ami* Yup that was long in coming. "There was a fly." Brilliant!

-"its not like ill ever have to see her again..." And of course this being an Anime, she will end up transferring to your school tomorrow just because you said that...Yup totally saw that coming but it is still funny. :D (Im not kidding I paused the video and wrote the first part of this comment while Ryuuji and Taiga were eating dinner).

-Wow *applauds Taiga's reaction shot* She even managed to blue out the background. Now thats talent ladies and gents.

-Minori there is something on your head...Minori Radar? Why the heck do you even need to find cute girls anyway...?

-Way to go Ami, they are eating out of the palm of your hand already :D

-Wait dont they normally have vending machines at schools?

-"Yuusaku didn't tell me anything." Yeah same here, he does that, alot!

-"The sun is rising high, I went out without doing anything special..." You seem to lead a boring life sensei.

-You know for a class with such an advanced note passing system you would think misunderstandings like this wouldnt occur so often but then again this is an anime.

-....!!!.... Minori, there is something very wrong with you and I hope they never fix it.

-Taiga along in the classroom, this can only mean...yup I was right, enter Ami.

-Ami, you just touched a sore spot, RUN LIKE HELL!

-"Then why am I so tiny, and why do I have such a wierd name." Because you are Japanese.

-Holy Crap they can actually say Sailor Moon in another anime and not get sued? How much did that line cost?

-Ami lives nearby doesnt she...oh yay predictable plot twist.

Post episode comments:

And this is the reason I give an Anime at least 5 episodes to hook me. I was all set to drop Toradora after the first 4 episodes made it look like an unholy fusion of Shana, Hayate, and School Rumble since it followed a similar formula. (Protagonist, Straight man, main character's original love interest, and violent girl who develops a love interest for main character later on) but now they seemed to have changed something. Ami is like a monkey wrench thrown into the tried and true formula, and I happen to like monkeys. Im now interested to see where this goes and so I think I will keep watching this series for now.

Nov 3, 2008 11:00 PM

Jan 2008
Seishi said:

On another note, I'm still liking Taiga's not-so-typical take on the violent chibikko tsundere. She might end up as one of my favourite tsunderes.

I agree! For a while now I've been totally unimpressed with tsundere characters... I've just seen too many of the same thing. However, Taiga is different enough that I'm actually liking her character a lot.

Also, I loved the ending of this episode. Heh

Nov 4, 2008 3:54 AM
Anime Moderator
Grammar Queen

Jun 2008
good ep. can't get enough of the op song.
p r o f i l e 👀
Nov 4, 2008 5:05 AM

Apr 2008
Davison said:

OMG

that's the most epic thing i've seen in any of the animes i've watching now.
Nov 4, 2008 7:06 AM

Jun 2008
I was laughing in tears throughout the episode. Minorin was just ultimate win, I had to pause the video for a moment while I was wiping tears off my eyes and trying to get myself together. It was hard, every time I remembered the X scene I bursted out laughing again and again. And that chibi-face while he was reading her letter was a brilliant touch.
Nov 4, 2008 11:49 AM

Jun 2008
Best episode yet in my opinion, I nearly started laughing my head off with Kushieda; first with the Minori radar then second in the classroom. Poor Taiga was so sad at the end, my heart when out to her.
Nov 4, 2008 12:58 PM

Aug 2008
Liked Minarin (is that her name?) answer to what's his name's question, even though i don't really understand the answer, and I liked Taiga's line about the Ami's name. I lauged out loud twice during the episode, so it's a successful one for me.
Nov 4, 2008 1:17 PM

Jul 2008
Love the addition of Ami already, she adds a lot more flavor to what was becoming a tired cast of characters. I really enjoyed this episode, very funny.
Nov 4, 2008 1:34 PM

Jul 2008
yakyuu-addict said:
Love the addition of Ami already, she adds a lot more flavor to what was becoming a tired cast of characters. I really enjoyed this episode, very funny.

I will agreed with that. Thanks to her I get to see Aisaka beat her up more than Ryuuji. That is going to interesting to see such a shift and will it help Ami realize her bitchy attitude?

Tomorrow next episode air so I want to see Ami being abused by Taiga! Muhahaha.
Oops! I appear to be incapable of following Rules 16 and 17, so I had to have a mod change my sig for me.
Nov 4, 2008 2:40 PM

Oct 2007
Wasabi said:

Was there any mention of which group ilifin will be working with?
Quoting a post from page 1.

We created [qq] for Toradora subbing, with yours truly in the head of the TL business. Slow as hell for ep5, but I expect more speed this week.
Nov 4, 2008 5:05 PM

Aug 2008
I didn't like this episode, I prefer kannagi
Nov 4, 2008 6:27 PM
Oct 2007
Taiga! <3 I still like her best.

Minorin's response was awesome. That was the funniest scene.

Ami really spiced up the show.
Nov 5, 2008 2:37 AM

Oct 2008
I still do not understand her response...
Nov 5, 2008 2:47 AM

Sep 2008
This episode was very lulz, i can see that Ami will either try to get Ryuuji for herself eventually or become a better person, either that or screw everything up later but a very nice ep anyway :D

Need MOAR!

Nov 5, 2008 4:16 AM

Oct 2008
MOAR Vespene Gas, Minerals of Pylons ;>?

Isn't MOAR one of 4chan b words?
Nov 5, 2008 4:30 AM

Sep 2008
wat?

/never been to 4chan, never want to go

moar is the generally net acceted term of larger than more :p

Nov 5, 2008 8:11 AM

Oct 2008
OT
Good for You :)
Chech this out:
http://www.encyclopediadramatica.com/Moar
/OT

Ps - what is the exact number of episodes of Toradora?
Nov 5, 2008 8:11 AM

Mar 2007
Okey now is this series getting intresing. Keep it up!
Instagram: Luzifurr
Nov 5, 2008 12:23 PM
Dec 2007
Przemos19 said:
I still do not understand her response...
How hard is this to get? Ryuuji asks what she thinks about someone who tries to put up a "ooh, silly me" cute act, and Minori seemed to be saying it was okay until she goes for the terryfring X signifying Ryuuji should watch out cause it's just an act. Minori certainly has more than a few screws loose up there.

Nov 5, 2008 12:28 PM

Oct 2008
Well, that was the first time I've ever seen these signs, that's why I'm not familiar with them and asked this dumb question :)
Thanks.
Nov 5, 2008 6:53 PM

Jun 2007
first of all, if i am saying something already said in the below paragraph, i apologize, i do not want to read through every single post.
i want to mention that the retarded hate in the first post, and all posts of angel999 are getting stupidly annoying. can you be in a normal conversation please, or at least one that does not deal with retarded comments like "ami is such a bitch, i wish taiga would whoop her ass OVER 9000 times next ep" and shit like that. dude, its fucking anime, you are getting way too worked up for that, besides, the character is not fully developed, and you barely know anything about her situation. at first, if you would have met taiga, i would have thought she was a bitch too, picking up fights for small things like bumping into someone else. just stop being a retarded fuck, and direct that hate towards yourself, thank you.

and now that i got that out of my system. i think i may add in some kind of summary i like doing :D
this episode was pretty cute, and pretty interesting.
Yacchan is so cute.... hhaah, what a helpless mother xD
Taiga is getting more and more interesting too.... using ice cream as a weapon...
i lol'd at ryuuji's neck crack, and when he and taiga spilled at the very same time
Ami looked so cute at first... but of course, there has to be more to her, airhead types dont just go saying they are airheads while being completely moe xD
haha, ryuuji can't stand to be with her.... too cute for him? xD
and of course, yuusaku being the type of person he is, has to know ami's true colours
ami referring to herself in third person was rather cute.
Takasu really got a different idea of her after ami's incident with taiga
i completely LOL'd when she actually hit a fly xD
ami's outfit = cuteness
minorin also had awesome roles this episode. the cute-girl-detecter-Minorin was completely awesome
that "i get it" face ryuuji made was so well done and timed....
hahaha, takasu suddenly became a popular note receiver xD
kushieda is so awesome.... her scene in the classroom is completely epic..... O........ X!!!!!!!!!!!!!
hahaaha, that was definitely the most awesome scene this episode.
Ami is so interesting now. i want to know the very reason why her true colors are so unlikeable.... although, i am pretty sure she will become friends with everyone and they will realize her true colours too.... i am sure ami can be an awesome character if developed well.
i loved it when taiga asked why she is so tiny xD
next episode should be interesting with taiga knowing something about ami. and guessing by the title, ami will finally reveal herself...
great episode nonetheless.
Nov 5, 2008 7:34 PM

Dec 2007
great episode.. really like this series
Nov 6, 2008 12:09 AM

Jan 2008
when Ami got slapped i laughed pretty good as well as Minori's reaction to Ryu's note. good times.
Nov 6, 2008 4:31 AM

Apr 2007
Damn this was a good episode. Ami is a great character, a great add to the cast. Can't wait for next episode!

Minori ftw~
Nov 6, 2008 6:30 AM

Mar 2008
agreed. minorin radar! kushieda's da bomb of the show

Nov 6, 2008 11:22 AM

Nov 2007
Best episode yet. I doubt they will be able to keep this up for 25 episodes though.
Nov 6, 2008 11:53 AM
Mar 2008
Not enough Minorin this ep, loved her radar and her buu buu face though. Didn't feel much happened in this ep either, can't wait for the next.
Nov 6, 2008 3:43 PM

Nov 2007
I could actually appreciate Minorin's craziness this episode, though I'm still not so sure I like her as a character.

Ami makes an interesting addition to the cast; I look forward to seeing more clashing between her and Taiga.

[avatar from Tales of the Abyss]
Nov 6, 2008 5:16 PM
Aug 2008
im kinda late on toradora ep.5 so where do i get "qq" subs?
or other recommended fansub groups

-thanks
Nov 6, 2008 5:29 PM

Jul 2008
Tech_00 said:
im kinda late on toradora ep.5 so where do i get "qq" subs?
or other recommended fansub groups

-thanks

HERE: http://www.tokyotosho.com/details.php?id=168754
Nov 6, 2008 6:44 PM

Dec 2007
Screw Ami, I thought that the new character would be someone enjoyable but she really isn't. This might change as the show goes on but right now I hate her. I'm really enjoying this show so far, Taiga is just such an amusing character to watch.

#NBHNC
Nov 6, 2008 9:46 PM

Jul 2008
PeanutSteak said:
Screw Ami, I thought that the new character would be someone enjoyable but she really isn't. This might change as the show goes on but right now I hate her. I'm really enjoying this show so far, Taiga is just such an amusing character to watch.

SAME THOUGHTS FRIEND SAME THOUGHTS!
Nov 8, 2008 12:13 AM

May 2008
so random, yet so good
Nov 8, 2008 5:43 PM

Aug 2008
Looks like Ami and Taiga are going to have a rivalry starting. Can't wait to see it develop even more.
Pages (6) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Toradora! Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

removed-user - Nov 26, 2008

284 by Matheus050 »»
May 8, 11:27 AM

Poll: » Best Toradora girl? (Repost)

JustSomeone15 - Apr 27

26 by VOLTHOR6 »»
May 3, 4:04 PM

» Toradora's Blu-ray has an issue

JustSomeone15 - Apr 29

2 by Binkini »»
Apr 30, 4:46 AM

Poll: » Toradora! Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Davison - Oct 15, 2008

238 by SanessyAdversary »»
Apr 25, 6:56 AM

Poll: » Toradora! Episode 25 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Sonja - Mar 25, 2009

1109 by Laylabc »»
Apr 24, 10:15 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.