Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Sword Art Online (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (27) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 » ... Last »
Oct 6, 2012 3:28 PM

Jun 2011
holy shit, what a episode.....
Oct 6, 2012 3:30 PM

Jul 2011
Yay, first arc just ended ^^

I wonder what next arc will brings to us ;)

"A half moon, it has a dark half and a bright half, just like me…", Yuno Gasai
Oct 6, 2012 3:31 PM
Mar 2010
To the people complaining about the "emptiness" of the hospital: when was the last time you actually visited someone that had been admitted to the hospital? They don't keep patient rooms on one perpetually busy hallway. Not all parts of the hospital are busy like the ER. Long term patients like Kirito would be in some quiet, out of the way wing. You could easily go down a hallway without seeing anyone until you reached the nurse's station. And it's likely the hospital has several SAO patients that would have woken up before Kirito. The nurses would be in with them, and thus not available to rush to Kirito the moment he showed signs of waking up. Family isn't in the room because they'd still be at school and work.
Oct 6, 2012 3:35 PM

Jul 2012
I LOVE IT,this episode was amazing. Time around me is moving so slow, can't wait until next epiosde!!!!
Oct 6, 2012 3:35 PM

May 2011
HOLY FUCKING SHIT.
My mind was screwed with at least 6 times this episode.

I raged at how anticlimactic the boss was, and how they skipped the whole fight.
I was surprised when the shield guy (forgot his name and don't care what it is) turned out to be the game developer.
I raged very hard when Asuna took the blow for Kirito.
I had an "I knew it!" moment when Kirito died.
I felt stupid when Kirito found the will to override death for a bit more to land a final blow.
I was clueless when Kirito, Asuna, and the game dev were in limbo, watching the game collapse.
I was dumbfounded when Kirito was in the hospital.
I laughed hard when I saw his hair.
I yelled at him to get a haircut before he goes looking for the girl of his dreams.

/end of mindfuck

Wow. I might be overhyping this, and some dick in the future will always say "this episode wasn't that great; SAO sucks. You have horrible taste and you should die." Well, oh well.
Oct 6, 2012 3:36 PM

Aug 2008
InfiniteDestiny said:
SetsukoHara said:
- Why did you create this game?
- I forgot...

Funny how you focus on only one part of his explanation; granted the LN explained his reasoning much better but its not like the anime didn't mention it at all...

Uh...no it didn't. The dialogue was mostly word for word from the light novel.

He has no explainable reason, and it's impossible to understand.
Oct 6, 2012 3:36 PM

Jan 2008
LEGOF said:
Wow. I might be overhyping this, and some dick in the future will always say "this episode wasn't that great; SAO sucks. You have horrible taste and you should die." Well, oh well.

A little late, there's probably a couple every page.
Oct 6, 2012 3:41 PM

Dec 2007
pfff hows da last boss fight end like dat comon nao
Oct 6, 2012 3:43 PM

Sep 2012
i seriously don't understand why the people who like and the people who dislike are at each others throats, i liked the episode and i can understand exactly what happened but im not gonna start ridiculing someone for not understanding and not enjoying it and i wouldn't want the same happening to me

but oh well, im just an average guy passing time by discussing anime
Oct 6, 2012 3:43 PM
Nov 2011
Is there more or is it stopping at fifteen episodes\?
Oct 6, 2012 3:44 PM

Sep 2012
InfiniteDestiny said:
SetsukoHara said:
- I forgot...

Funny how you focus on only one part of his explanation; granted the LN explained his reasoning much better but its not like the anime didn't mention it at all...

The rest of his explanation didn't tell us why people had to die IRL.
Oct 6, 2012 3:50 PM

Jun 2012
Now I also understand why Asuna is so incredibly popular. She’s literally the only female in the army. Seriously, this episode had the largest party gathered that the army could muster, and she was the only female that I could spot. Is this normal, in MMORPGs? That there is just one girl for every 50 guys? That makes it even weirder when the few number of girls shown all seem to fall for Kirito.

But I digress, this was a very good episode for Sword Art Online. Due to the fast-paced nature of this series the first half was completely different from the second. I expected another slice of life episode and instead got some great action. I’m not going to deny how awesome that last fight scene was.
Oct 6, 2012 3:52 PM

Dec 2010
SetsukoHara said:
InfiniteDestiny said:
SetsukoHara said:
- I forgot...

Well he didn't really hold malice in his intentions, he just saw them as collateral damage.
Oct 6, 2012 3:59 PM

Dec 2010
This was indeed the best episode of SAO. Need more. :)
Oct 6, 2012 3:59 PM

Mar 2011
Comments in this thread clearly reflect how good this episode was (poll discussion result 75%+ loved it)
That's enough for me and I don't care about some people here who always have the bad sentiment toward SAO ...
A very good episode and I'll be looking forward to the ALO arc
Oct 6, 2012 4:00 PM

Aug 2011
Why can't it just end here? There's no reason to continue the story - they're out of the game. I don't think they'd ever willingly return to a different game (that ALO or whatever people always talk about). Idk, we'll see next episode. Maybe they're forced to, or their minds are trapped... The only possible way I see ALO making some sense would be if some evil organization kidnapped everyone and forced a NerveGear on them. And that doesn't even make sense.

And how did Kirito randomly go back from the brink of death and stab that grey haired guy? And how did Asuna get out of paralysis? They lampshaded it but never explained. Oh, from the power of love, I guess. AND Kirito wouldn't have been able to walk down that hallway, let alone move much. His muscles would have atrophied; it's been two years.

The last thing that's bugging me: Kirito/Asuna's revival. Asuna clearly died before the game ended, so the NerveGear would've injected the whatever poisonous thing into her brain. For Kirito's case it's a little bit ambiguous as to who died first, him or Kayaba. Both of them were revived. One could say that Kayaba deliberately saved those two, but I just see it as an asspull for the author to create melodrama and forced shock value by having both the main characters "die" but actually live.

Honestly if the stupid thing just ended at Kirito and Asuna dying together I might have considered bumping this up to a 5.
Oct 6, 2012 4:01 PM

Aug 2008
itsvero said:
Why can't it just end here? There's no reason to continue the story - they're out of the game. I don't think they'd ever willingly return to a different game (that ALO or whatever people always talk about). Idk, we'll see next episode. Maybe they're forced to, or their minds are trapped... The only possible way I see ALO making some sense would be if some evil organization kidnapped everyone and forced a NerveGear on them. And that doesn't even make sense.

And how did Kirito randomly go back from the brink of death and stab that grey haired guy? And how did Asuna get out of paralysis? They lampshaded it but never explained. Oh, from the power of love, I guess. AND Kirito wouldn't have been able to walk down that hallway, let alone move much. His muscles would have atrophied; it's been two years.

The last thing that's bugging me: Kirito/Asuna's revival. Asuna clearly died before the game ended, so the NerveGear would've injected the whatever poisonous thing into her brain. For Kirito's case it's a little bit ambiguous as to who died first, him or Kayaba. Both of them were revived. One could say that Kayaba deliberately saved those two, but I just see it as an asspull for the author to create melodrama and forced shock value by having both the main characters "die" but actually live.

Honestly if the stupid thing just ended at Kirito and Asuna dying together I might have considered bumping this up to a 5.

good job you predicted the plot of ALO woo
Oct 6, 2012 4:01 PM

Sep 2012
InfiniteDestiny said:
SetsukoHara said:
InfiniteDestiny said:
SetsukoHara said:
- I forgot...

Well he didn't really hold malice in his intentions, he just saw them as collateral damage.

its more of he wanted to make his dream of living in a floating castle with adventures as real as possible and in order to do that he needed to make it "real" but how else could he do so other than making death a real thing

Edit: oh no, i somehow got pulled into this, well ill leave you guys to your redundant argument
Oct 6, 2012 4:04 PM

Jun 2012
Amazing episode, another important event just like episode 10. This probably even surpassed the marriage, it was so great. I do not know what to expect next week, is that really it for the game? If so, what's next?

Definite 5/5 for this episode, something I will be thinking about for a while.

Oct 6, 2012 4:05 PM

Dec 2011
Awesome Episode!!! Loved every bit of it! especially Kirito x Asuna at the end and him waking up in RL.. getting out of bed.. and starting to look for her :)

I though the fight was a little unfair and didn't expect Asuna to jump in the way, but it all worked out :)

This one gets a 10/10 in my book.

Looking forward to the next Episode ^^

Oct 6, 2012 4:05 PM
Sep 2012
Is kirito or kuzuha or whatever his name is going to eat something before he goes into the gaming thing again? Because if he doesn't he's going to become a mummy!!
Oct 6, 2012 4:07 PM

Aug 2009
I havent watched the ep yet, but did they include the part where Kayaba promises to not let Asuna commit suiside if Kirito dies?
Kirito would die if she didnt sacrifice herself.Kayaba has a problem with his head but he isnt pure evil.Unlike the next villain.
If they did where is the problem?

Plot device?yeah it is but IF they did animate what I said above I see no reason to think about it so much...
Oct 6, 2012 4:08 PM

May 2012
qwertyui0uhuquf$%#$%weyti23uhudijgerpojseirjgrlog'po'[ti945#^%^$#$^$@erkghiqjJWHIHQEIOT4J24Y#^34323jregioiw%$#RT$T%sf'rog'jse

This. Episode.
Yes.
EVERYTHING WAS PERFECT, I CAN'T EVEN EXPLAIN EIUHRWIQORUGEW34 YEEEeeEEeEeEEeEEEeeeeEEEEeSSsSSSSs

But how it ended kinda makes me wonder what the next 11 episodes are going to be about o.o
Oct 6, 2012 4:09 PM

Dec 2010
ssjokg said:
I havent watched the ep yet, but did they include the part where Kayaba promises to not let Asuna commit suiside if Kirito dies?
Kirito would die if she didnt sacrifice herself.Kayaba has a problem with his head but he isnt pure evil.Unlike the next villain.
If they did where is the problem?

Plot device?yeah it is but IF they did animate what I said above I see no reason to think about it so much...

Yes they included it; Kirito asked the favor to which Kayaba agreed.
Oct 6, 2012 4:10 PM

Feb 2012
Hi Guys,

Just a quick one, where do pick up in the novel to follow the continuation from this episode.

I've read up to chapter 16.5 and i thought that was the end.

Thanks in advance
Oct 6, 2012 4:11 PM
Mar 2008
PirateKingz said:
Now I also understand why Asuna is so incredibly popular. She’s literally the only female in the army. Seriously, this episode had the largest party gathered that the army could muster, and she was the only female that I could spot. Is this normal, in MMORPGs? That there is just one girl for every 50 guys? That makes it even weirder when the few number of girls shown all seem to fall for Kirito.

But I digress, this was a very good episode for Sword Art Online. Due to the fast-paced nature of this series the first half was completely different from the second. I expected another slice of life episode and instead got some great action. I’m not going to deny how awesome that last fight scene was.

Hello, psgels...?
Also, wrong episode.
Oct 6, 2012 4:11 PM

Dec 2010
nick03 said:
Hi Guys,

Just a quick one, where do pick up in the novel to follow the continuation from this episode.

Thanks in advance

Volume 3 and 4 make up the ALO arc which starts next episode
Oct 6, 2012 4:15 PM
Oct 2012
itsvero said:

About the last thing that was bugging you, remember that "revival stone" that Kirito got after killing that Santa event boss and gave to the red haired guy? That stone could revival a person who died if used in x minutes (don't remember lol) after the death. So the game shouldn't instantly burn your brain after you died.

Good Episode, not awesome because they didn't explained a lot of things just like itsvero said.
Oct 6, 2012 4:17 PM
Apr 2011
Yeah, right, Asuna is paralyzed but hey, she can move if she believes hard enough. Kirito's dead, but hey, he can still kill the "final boss" while being dead and does not die right away like all the others. And the whole I forgot why I created this world that killed so many people. Sigh, man, I do understand that it probably isn't too easy to adapt the light novel in every detail but seriously, these things just didn't make any sense to me at all, so I suppose this is the LN's fault. Consequently this episode made me laugh and facepalm the whole time. I hope it gets better already with the next arc.
I'm an idiot who may unintentionally insult you or try to get you caught up in an argument. If so, I'm sorry. If not, continue to have fun.
Oct 6, 2012 4:17 PM
Jul 2011
I don't get how someone else interrupted the duel.
Oct 6, 2012 4:18 PM

Aug 2009
do0kie said:
itsvero said:

About the last thing that was bugging you, remember that "revival stone" that Kirito got after killing that Santa event boss and gave to the red haired guy? That stone could revival a person who died if used in x minutes (don't remember lol) after the death. So the game shouldn't instantly burn your brain after you died.

Good Episode, not awesome because they didn't explained a lot of things just like itsvero said.

the limit was was 10 seconds.

Kayaba promised to not let Asuna commit suicide.As the GM he could save her even if though she died in the fight.
Oct 6, 2012 4:19 PM

Jun 2012
draker said:
PirateKingz said:

Hello, psgels...?
Also, wrong episode.

You got me...
Oct 6, 2012 4:19 PM

Jan 2008
AnimeFtw1 said:
I don't get how someone else interrupted the duel.

It wasn't. Heck, Kirito even said in the episode "This isn't a duel... We're fighting to kill."
Oct 6, 2012 4:21 PM
Jul 2011
Well this is still stupid. Why do they have to make miracles happen in Anime like this?
Getting out of paralysis by yourself.
Living after dying?
Last minute bullshitting ofc.
Oct 6, 2012 4:22 PM

Sep 2012
the only plothole thats actually here is Asuna being able to negate paralysis
its one of those "miracles" of SAO, everything else has already been explained and its getting rather redundant how people keep mentioning them...
Oct 6, 2012 4:22 PM

Jun 2012
AnimeFtw1 said:
Well this is still stupid. Why do they have to make miracles happen in Anime like this?
Getting out of paralysis by yourself.
Living after dying?
Last minute bullshitting ofc.

Yes, well it is anime, so that's how it goes. Sort of like an element from a movie where things usually end well or something mindblowing or unrealistic happens as a change of events.

Oct 6, 2012 4:23 PM

Nov 2009
nick03 said:
Hi Guys,

Thanks in advance

At the start of VOl 3
Oct 6, 2012 4:23 PM

Jan 2012
Woohoo it's over :) now we get to see Sugaha :D
Oct 6, 2012 4:24 PM

May 2011
Des said:
Rush much?

Some guy one another forum said this was a perfect ep.
I say, not even close.
It was rushed as I've said, it was confusing.
It was lame that we didn't get to see more of that boss battle.
First I thought Asuna died of course, I was shocked, then she comes back and I think she lived, then Kirito starts to cry a lot, then he wakes up and says Asuna and walks out.
So I guess he's gonna look for her. SO IS SHE DEAD OR NOT? :P
What will happen in the next ep is so predictable, especially with that titile. Of coruse he'll go back.

I'm so disappointed at this ep, GAH.
Just make Klein the main, he's cooler XD

Meh, MMO bosses are just fixed fight patterns, it wouldn't be interesting seeing the same cleave over and over again :P
Oct 6, 2012 4:24 PM

Jun 2012
Zekken said:
its one of those "miracles" of SAO, everything else has already been explained and its getting rather redundant how people keep mentioning them...

For me, I just let it go because it's Asuna and Kirito, characters that I highly like.

Oct 6, 2012 4:28 PM

Dec 2010
Zekken said:

+1
Oct 6, 2012 4:29 PM

Aug 2011
_Saburo_ said:
Zekken said:

For me, I just let it go because it's Asuna and Kirito, characters that I highly like.

eh, i was okay with the paralysis because it was demonstrated that it is not absolute. (ie. Klein still being able to talk and move his head) also possible that she used an item?

either way, i'm really happy with this anime so far ^_^ gives me clannad vibes
Oct 6, 2012 4:29 PM
Jul 2011
And that ending, was retarded in a "lmao this is so stupid of him" way..
Oct 6, 2012 4:30 PM

Jan 2008
Zekken said:

Kirito being to preform actions while at zero hp.
Oct 6, 2012 4:30 PM

Nov 2011
anybody else cried when they both died? And after that followed along with another sentimental moment which cried through more until you find out they live and you cry with joy instead? Or is that just me? T_T
Oct 6, 2012 4:32 PM

Sep 2011
This episode was....TBH a bit underwhelming for me.

I read the first novel so I already had a few thoughts on the series, and knew this would happen, but this was my favorite part because it had me so engrossed and invested and I had a perfect image in my head as to how it would play out and the episode...well I can't say it ruined it, but it just felt a tad lacking. Alot of people were meh-ish on the fight but imo it was the best fight the entire series did. that whole bit when Asuna 'died' and we see Kirito reach the end... I felt as though it could have been done better, and I really didn't like how they made it look like Kirito rivived himself and had some sort of power up to kiyaba.

When we saw the end, I always thought they'd play an extended version of the ending theme as Kazuto and Asuna had their final momments in the game with Kiyaba telling them about the game. I did like that last bit of animation as the two disappeared and would like a gif of that. I also liked how Kazuto awoke and went off to find Asuna so really, I wasn't completely let down.

Overall I liked the light novel version of this more than the anime of this arc of SAO (aside form most of the side stoies as they seemed pointless in the long run, with the exception of the black cats incident) and I'm not exactly hyped for the next arc since I never like elf designs (their long ears look so lame to me) and it looks as though we're reinstating harem nonsense, which, since K and A are MARRIED for craps sake, we shouldn't have it! oh well, I am a tad curious as to what exactly they are going to do, since I thought volume 1 ended off just fine, and also the fact that it would be the most RETARDED MOVE IN HISTORY to want to go back to anysort of game world like that.

Nov 2009
Rakoria said:
anybody else cried when they both died? And after that followed along with another sentimental moment which cried through more until you find out they live and you cry with joy instead? Or is that just me? T_T

It's not just you but it seems like a lot don't care though ...

Sep 2012
_Saburo_ said:
Zekken said:

same for me, its one of those plotholes that you don't care about because its simply awesome but i still feel that Asuna's sacrifice was better in the LN and so was kirito's fall into despair
Oct 6, 2012 4:34 PM

Aug 2009
Zekken said:
_Saburo_ said:
Zekken said:

same for me, its one of those plotholes that you don't care about because its simply awesome but i still feel that Asuna's sacrifice was better in the LN and so was kirito's fall into despair

....and 8 volumes later we have the same situation but in reverse...
Oct 6, 2012 4:37 PM

May 2010
after thinking abit about it it is definetly time to drop this show.this show is no longer worth my time. very pointless episode.. it destroyed everything by another massive plothole and again shit got explained why and how.

3/10

Ciao
Pages (27) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» Overall do you enjoy watching SAO? What do you like about it? :) ( 1 2 )

Rinrinka - Apr 15

72 by katnissmaezie »»
May 16, 1:05 AM

» What even is SAO anymore? ( 1 2 )

Jason-Skyrunner - Apr 27

53 by soli1239 »»
May 6, 8:27 PM

» We need a reboot

Superninjaboy2 - Mar 15

32 by Jason-Skyrunner »»
May 1, 5:20 PM

Poll: » Sword Art Online Episode 23 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

bippo - Dec 8, 2012

480 by amf85 »»
Apr 27, 5:20 PM

Poll: » Sword Art Online Episode 19 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Nov 10, 2012

680 by amf85 »»
Apr 27, 2:32 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.