Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Sword Art Online (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (27) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Oct 6, 2012 8:25 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------

Well. I guess there are more secrets in this game.

The duel was kinda one sided tbh and had a little emotions to it especially with Asuna involved. Dat emotional episode.
Happy Birthday btw Kirito

I'm also expecting a new OP and ED song next time.
Oct 6, 2012 8:36 AM

Feb 2009
This episode. This freaking episode.
Loved it from start to finish. Simply well done.
My only problem would be that Kirito(or Kirigaya Kazuto)'s bed scene at the end. Him already moving up and about is pretty unnatural. His muscles should have deteriorated, unless he was being cared for with muscle treatment. I would have liked more struggling to get up and move but oh well.
And that PV. That Lyfa. That kendo match. That new OP. Can't wait for it.

Now for the rage fest in the forums to begin(once subs come out).
inb4 (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
Oct 6, 2012 8:40 AM

Mar 2011
ahhh move faster ..time!!

Oct 6, 2012 8:45 AM

May 2012
i loved this episode
the best thing was the kiss scene
and kirito's hair

but i'm sad because Aincard destroyed

belatkuro said:

Now for the rage fest in the forums to begin(once subs come out).
inb4 (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

you are right
paladin2050Oct 6, 2012 8:49 AM

Guts, known as the Black Swordsman, seeks sanctuary from the demonic forces attracted to him and his woman because of a demonic mark on their necks, and also vengeance against the man who branded him as an unholy sacrifice. Aided only by his titanic strength gained from a harsh childhood lived with mercenaries, a gigantic sword, and an iron prosthetic left hand, Guts must struggle against his bleak destiny, all the while fighting with a rage that might strip him of his humanity.
Oct 6, 2012 8:48 AM

Aug 2012
I don't speak Japanese but I like watching the live episode anyway ^^ I was a little confused because of that though, because I thought the anime had ended and I was so disappointed since it's supposed to be 25 episodes. I love this anime so much. Can't wait for subs and everything. And I need to find a Japanese tutor...
Oct 6, 2012 8:51 AM

Feb 2011
Really an amazing episode, I must say that I did not expect this!
Oct 6, 2012 9:01 AM

Oct 2010
The beginning was nice since it showed that the ugly bone boss is dead in the spoiler
However as the fight started I had to pause for the following,

I RAGE! Along with the spoiler
So hard to rage! Till I found Asuna is OK in thee end.

By the end of the episode OMG! KIRITO IS ALIVE in the spoiler
His hair grew so long and it turns out he was in a hospital as the LN people pointed out very well. See, you can trust them. My thoughts follow.

About before the start of the fight, certainly it was nice of Heathcliff to explain in the spoiler
of the whole gimmick he pulled but did he really have to play with Asuna like that? Grrrrrr! Making her glow like that did not seem exactly something she felt OK with. Nor the fact it was fine in the spoiler
to pin down all despite Asuna in that pose looked rather Ero suggestive TBH.

About the fight, well that was kind of lame and fast. In the spoiler
it looks like someone is cheating easily and way too obviously but the worst shit was Kirito being protected by Asuna and whole RAGING moment explained above.

About Kirito sword stab, that was quite shocking in the spoiler
WTF? Kirito? OMG NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! Till later on but the impact of the scene was so much. DAAAAAAAMNNNNNNNNN! I was like so hyper and still am despite knowing how things turn out. The BGM was very nice during the fight.

About Kirito x Asuna, as it turned out in the spoiler
during all the transfer and stuff they are OK. Seems we meet the SOB of the game and he is Mr. Mad Scientist from his looks. Cold but kind gave a chance there to both of them. That of the following,

And what a nice part it was along with the spoiler
with such rich MOE expressions of Asuna. One cannot deny the MOE appealing there of her.

About a girl, just want to make sure. Is the girl in the spoiler
the sister of Kirito? CAUSE SHE IS HOT MAN! I WANT HER! No seriously she is gorgeous IMO. Standard a little but still nice.

About speculations regarding ALO, I got in the spoiler

So in thee end things wrapped too quickly in SAO but that only means more fun in ALO perhaps?

BTW End Art in the spoiler
is a FABULOUS group pose. I do mean it’s really well done and so are the character poses.

A random joke in the spoiler (NSFW) that some would find amusing of Asuna provided they have the ideal of her being like that.
LunaOct 9, 2012 12:01 PM

- BLOG - My Club- Easiest way to reach the rest of my thoughts!
Oct 6, 2012 9:24 AM
Dec 2011
WOW

They back in real life :O

So now is Allheim online starting ???
Oct 6, 2012 9:39 AM

Feb 2008
As the end draws near it's evident that there was definitely no plans to wrap up the entirety episode in a positive manner. What could've been one of the better episodes of the series is simply portrayed as another crappy episode where certain fights are almost non-existent, character portrayed as heroic all of a sudden, and the relationship between Asuna and Kirito becomes slightly more frustrating. Despite what happens in this episode, it's clear that there was an endgoal that the author had in mine when creating SAO, but the way of getting there and its execution was completely left out. The anime does this even moreso with inserting side stories and deviating from the path so much that it's hard to care when we actually get to the main plot. What happens as an end result is a cluttered conclusion full of meaningless, and hard to care about dialogue.

On the positive note, there's some really inspiring action sequences that doesn't really leave it all up to some CG or special effects. Characters are drawn well and the last moments of the episode stands out as one its finest as we all return. I wold say that the show did a fine job of showing the various escapades of Kirito and his relationships with the countless few that he affected, and more importantly so, his abilities both as a player and as a human being. For that, I give the author some credit.
Oct 6, 2012 9:43 AM

Jan 2008
Bwahahaha, I'm expecting this to turn into a delicious and fun thread.

Saw the raw. I'm expecting a lot of people to wtf at not completing at the 100th floor.

/reader raging at my post because it's a spoiler? "Good sir! Did you even watch the episode? If not gtfo of the episode discussion thread."

Dat plot armor is strong within this one.
Oct 6, 2012 9:44 AM

Nov 2007
In the end, it was defeated by everyone who attacked it, but they still cannot get out. Wait, that team leader is also immortal and the creator + last boss? That's why Kirito lost to him during the duel.

Another duel against him with everyone's energy got controlled by him. He said a farewell messages to 3 close people. In the duel, Asuna was also lost. Kirito died, but was able to get the last boss.

Interesting, three of them on the sky (with two kisses), watching the world being destroyed. They exchanged the real names. The creator has wishes?

Waking up from hospital, medium long hair Kazuto is trying to find Asuna. A depressed walk. Back to the game world next ep. with new OP and ED?
tsubasaloverOct 6, 2012 9:56 AM
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Oct 6, 2012 9:45 AM

Sep 2011
Paul said:
Bwahahaha, I'm expecting this to turn into a delicious and fun thread.

Saw the raw. I'm expecting a lot of people to wtf at not completing at the 100th floor.

/reader raging at my post because it's a spoiler? "Good sir! Did you even watch the episode? If not gtfo of the episode discussion thread."

Nothing else to expect from MAL<3. Hate be flying in every direction. I can see hate coming by the second page.
Oct 6, 2012 9:56 AM

Dec 2009
Ah this was a finely made episode. Can't wait for the next arc. The way they ended it is very touching. :)
Oct 6, 2012 10:06 AM
Sep 2012
Next boring arc for the next few weeks yay.
Oct 6, 2012 10:19 AM

Dec 2010
lobkestar said:
Finished watching, to bad the battle ended at the start of the episode. Some parts went a little bit fast but the episode was "nice" to bad it was not great, Kirito in the hospital made a nice ending he looked so awful poor him.

Well the boss battle was cut short in the LN also; so its not like the anime skipped over it.
Oct 6, 2012 10:30 AM

Nov 2010
Amazing Episode!

I have read the LN so nothing in this episode is surprising to me anymore. Its time to read and see the chaos all over the place when the subs came.

*Grabs popcorn, cola, helmet*

Ill enjoy this moment.
Oct 6, 2012 10:31 AM

Dec 2009
bippo said:
Next boring arc for the next few weeks yay.

Oct 6, 2012 10:37 AM

Dec 2010
seems like almost everyone is liking this episode.

*waits for subs*
"Either Die as a Hero... or live long enough to see yourself becoming the villain..."

Oct 6, 2012 10:43 AM

Jan 2008
Yumekichi11 said:

the sister of Kirito? CAUSE SHE IS HOT MAN! I WANT HER! No seriously she is gorgeous IMO. Standard a little but still nice.

Yumekichi11 said:

so fucking hard to quote you with all those coding tags. Lmfao.
PaulOct 6, 2012 10:47 AM
Oct 6, 2012 10:45 AM

Aug 2009
Paul said:
Yumekichi11 said:

Yumekichi11 said:

Asuna has light blue hair when she starts playing the game.While she was trapped she had her own color.

I liked ALO more than SAO to be honest.
Oct 6, 2012 10:47 AM

Feb 2009
Paul said:
Kirito already said in the Silica episode that Suguha is not his sister but his cousin so no need for spoiler tags for it.
Oct 6, 2012 10:48 AM

Jan 2008
belatkuro said:
Paul said:
Kirito already said in the Silica episode that Suguha is not his sister but his cousin so no need for spoiler tags for it.

True but I'm sure people don't even remember nor cared at the time.
Oct 6, 2012 11:13 AM

Sep 2008
wow AT LEAST !!! ALO is here!
i really prefer SAO way more, but thinking only of the anime, it was crappy, ut the ALO arc its just 4 days long, so in 10+ episodes, its gonna be awsome, i know it
btw sugu looks really bad in comparation with th novel ¬¬
Being a fan is like having a penis. Its nice to be proud of it But don't pull it out in public and wave it in other's faces

Kyurem Black. Kyurem White. Together they are Pretty Kyurem.
Oct 6, 2012 11:14 AM

Aug 2009
I wonder if they will start the next ep with the flashback of Sugu and Midori just like the LN did.
Oct 6, 2012 11:39 AM

Jul 2010
So ends one arc and into another it seems. Guess I'll rewatch when subs appear.
Oct 6, 2012 11:45 AM

Dec 2010
ssjokg said:
I wonder if they will start the next ep with the flashback of Sugu and Midori just like the LN did.

I think that would be a good way to go considering next episode will likely be used entirely on set up; and that means a lot of Sugu so the more development for her the better.
Oct 6, 2012 11:46 AM

Aug 2009
belatkuro said:

inb4 (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

put the table back.

inb4 hax,deus ex machina,shitty romance,Kirito shouldnt be able to walk etc....

InfiniteDestiny said:
ssjokg said:

I think that would be a good way to go considering next episode will likely be used entirely on set up; and that means a lot of Sugu so the more development for her the better.

I sure hope so
Oct 6, 2012 11:52 AM

Sep 2011
Well SAO arc is over,the fight in the LN was that short even so feel shorter but well time to move to ALO and see how it goes and i already see a lot of people rage about it later on...

More later
Oct 6, 2012 12:01 PM
Jan 2011
i loved the Episode ! it was sooo great! =D
Oct 6, 2012 12:02 PM

Aug 2012
kayos90 said:
As the end draws near it's evident that there was definitely no plans to wrap up the entirety episode in a positive manner. What could've been one of the better episodes of the series is simply portrayed as another crappy episode where certain fights are almost non-existent, character portrayed as heroic all of a sudden, and the relationship between Asuna and Kirito becomes slightly more frustrating. Despite what happens in this episode, it's clear that there was an endgoal that the author had in mine when creating SAO, but the way of getting there and its execution was completely left out. The anime does this even moreso with inserting side stories and deviating from the path so much that it's hard to care when we actually get to the main plot. What happens as an end result is a cluttered conclusion full of meaningless, and hard to care about dialogue.

On the positive note, there's some really inspiring action sequences that doesn't really leave it all up to some CG or special effects. Characters are drawn well and the last moments of the episode stands out as one its finest as we all return. I wold say that the show did a fine job of showing the various escapades of Kirito and his relationships with the countless few that he affected, and more importantly so, his abilities both as a player and as a human being. For that, I give the author some credit.

You can't really blame the author so much as the adapters though. They threw in the side stories from Volume 2 and 8 that caused the deviations.

I've loved all the recent episodes, except for a few minor pacing issues, but it still annoys me how the adapters paced the majority of the SAO arc. Maybe it's me, but wouldn't it make more sense for the side stories to be OVAs?
Oct 6, 2012 12:12 PM

Dec 2010
=o been waiting for the episode I think it was well done myself, on to ALO.

And I don't know why some would say ALO is hated by a lot of people, I really liked it myself and so do many others. There are always haters though and they seem to be the ones that post more >-> at least here.

There are things that I dislike about it as well but wasn't enough to hate it by far, looking forward to the next season. And I have to admit I think by its format alone it's anime adaption should flow better as well.
Oct 6, 2012 12:16 PM

Dec 2010
Shaggeh said:
=o been waiting for the episode I think it was well done myself, on to ALO.

And I don't know why some would say ALO is hated by a lot of people, I really liked it myself and so do many others. There are always haters though and they seem to be the ones that post more >-> at least here.

There are things that I dislike about it as well but wasn't enough to hate it by far, looking forward to the next season. And I have to admit I think by its format alone it's anime adaption should flow better as well.

As for ALO hated by a lot of people its mostly due to

As for why so many haters post, who knows. Maybe they got to much time on their hands; since they almost never just stick with one post either, almost as if they want to engrave their message in or something...(even tho its the same message every week)

Also agreed ALO structure is set up far better for adaption that SAO was; glad there won't be anymore complainers concerning side stories. Its straight line format should be done well imo.
Oct 6, 2012 12:20 PM

Mar 2012
dat ending O.O I still don't get it actually
gaming sure is not healthy
xxanimeeeOct 6, 2012 12:58 PM
Oct 6, 2012 12:21 PM

Aug 2010
Damn that was amazing...I watched it Raw and understood 90% of it, really epically adapted episode. Bravo!!!
The fight was awesome and the way it ended had the impact I wished for.
I totally loved the scene in the clouds with KiritoxAsuna and Kayaba watching Aincrad crumble.

But I gotta say my favorite scene was the one when Kirito stood up in his skinny body (With awesome long hair...really loved how he looked like with long hair) and was calling for Asuna...I found that they conveyed the emotion well enough :D...
Oct 6, 2012 12:28 PM

Aug 2010
The costs associated with keeping the 6000 plus players alive must be through the roof.
Oct 6, 2012 12:30 PM

Mar 2008
Everyone liking it? No. I'm not, at least. Well, not completely.
This is way too underwhelming for a conclusion of an arc IMO. Granted, aside from some parts the anime overall was disappointing compared to LN, but come on!

Overall, I'm not really satisfied with the first half. I love the second half though, starting from the scene above Aincrad. DAT JIKOSHOUKAI.
-
Oct 6, 2012 12:35 PM

Sep 2012
So. Good. I enjoyed that episode a lot. It's how I saw it in the LN.

AND the music was especially good this time around. MAA~~N
Oct 6, 2012 12:37 PM

Sep 2012
Truly epic with the visuals, battle scenes, and the romantic kiss while Aincrad was falling into data oblivion. It's very close to how I envisioned Volume 1 to end and the anime productions did a great job of replicating that.
Oct 6, 2012 12:39 PM

Jul 2012
I wanna know what Asuna is gonna look like in the real world
Oct 6, 2012 12:54 PM

Aug 2012
Best episode ;)
Oct 6, 2012 12:55 PM
Apr 2011
This was the first good episode of SAO in a reaaaaaaally long time. Way to pull it around! The foreshadowing that Asuna would get killed was really obvious in the previous episode, but I didn't predict Kirito dying and the other stuff along with it. Good job anime.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the General Forum Guidelines.
Oct 6, 2012 12:56 PM

Mar 2009
The falling of Aincrad was more beautiful than I imagined it would be. Though I hoped for a really spectacural fight with Kayaba. It was a bit annoying that Kirito starts on not using the sword skills and then a second later he activates it anyway >__< Thay should have made him wait a minute at least before he does that.
Loved how that last polygon part of Asuna poofed on Kirito's hand.
Oct 6, 2012 12:56 PM
Oct 2010
WTF, why couldn't they do a normal mutual kill and instead went with the power of will? bleurgh. (And also, what was the point of that resurrection item? just a red herring?)

I don't know, I've been giving this the benefit of the doubt but this resolution sucks...

Well, the reveal was cool and unexpected (for me), but still, I hate the use of rule-breaking wins.

(I'm also wondering at how they planned to find each other in the real world without knowing their real names)
AjunkyOct 6, 2012 1:03 PM
"Against stupidity the gods themselves contend in vain"
Friedrich Schiller
Oct 6, 2012 12:59 PM

Jul 2011
Well, this was a really reasonable good episode. Good to know the producers spent the budget to make a good battle sequence and those beautiful landscapes. 4/5
Now, if you excuse me, I´m gonna wait the flamewar regarding Kayaba´s castle, among other things. MWAHAHAHAHAHHA!
Oct 6, 2012 12:59 PM

Jul 2009
Ok...without spoilers pls....ITS NOT OVER SOON RIGHT??? STILL GNNA BE 25 EPS???
Oct 6, 2012 1:02 PM

Jul 2012
MoeMoeKyun said:
Ok...without spoilers pls....ITS NOT OVER SOON RIGHT??? STILL GNNA BE 25 EPS???

yea
Oct 6, 2012 1:04 PM

Sep 2012
That would have been the end of the first volume, where the author was originally going to end the story. Then thankfully, after the popular began to explode, the author kept on going.

Now imagine if that were the end. Just how would you feel?
Oct 6, 2012 1:04 PM
Sep 2012
Wonder how much they are going to cover, could they cover gun gale too?
Oct 6, 2012 1:05 PM

Jul 2012
Well, now whats going to happen? ._. I know its not over but how are things going to go from here? Honestly, I just want to see next weeks so kirito and Asuna can be reunited in real life.

If you really want to fit in, just put Legend of the Galactic Heroes in your top 5 and have it be the only 10-rated anime in your list.
Oct 6, 2012 1:06 PM
Nov 2010
Wow, I didn't expect that. Nicely done. I'm interested in what'll happen next.
Pages (27) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» Overall do you enjoy watching SAO? What do you like about it? :) ( 1 2 )

Rinrinka - Apr 15

72 by katnissmaezie »»
Yesterday, 1:05 AM

» What even is SAO anymore? ( 1 2 )

Jason-Skyrunner - Apr 27

53 by soli1239 »»
May 6, 8:27 PM

» We need a reboot

Superninjaboy2 - Mar 15

32 by Jason-Skyrunner »»
May 1, 5:20 PM

Poll: » Sword Art Online Episode 23 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

bippo - Dec 8, 2012

480 by amf85 »»
Apr 27, 5:20 PM

Poll: » Sword Art Online Episode 19 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Nov 10, 2012

680 by amf85 »»
Apr 27, 2:32 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.