Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 4, 2012 1:13 PM

Jul 2008
THIS IS A MANGA ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS ANYTHING BEYOND THIS CHAPTER.
----------------------------------------
What a terrible ending to a great manga... I would give it a 6/10.

Chapter 20 is when the story went downhill (when we learn of the real demon king). They should've have just stuck with Sheila and the copy...
Oct 18, 2012 6:45 PM

Jan 2009
Agreed. That was a pretty bad time to add a plot twist with little room for development. Suffice to say, I was hoping there would be more development between Exa and Sheila, but that never really happened.
Nov 6, 2012 10:09 PM

May 2010
makezh22 said:
Agreed. That was a pretty bad time to add a plot twist with little room for development. Suffice to say, I was hoping there would be more development between Exa and Sheila, but that never really happened.

That ultimately made this manga bad.
Even when I was in crowd, I was always alone
Oct 2, 2013 1:12 PM

Nov 2008
So the things between Angelica and Lakshri were getting better after Clive arc but Shotgun wedding ...
The plot of the Second"Copy" becoming a real demon lord wasn't a bad idea but it was just way to rushed.
I liked the ending, though. Overall good manga but the prequel was better.
Oct 5, 2013 8:36 PM

Mar 2013
Welll, I didn't like how they pulled 'demon lords' one after the other.
Was also expecting development on Exa and Sheila.
I also didn't like how Exa had to wait for 4 years for Sheila, they should of just let Sheila and Exa escape and made the last chapter full of love, love and love.
Oct 22, 2013 10:59 PM

Dec 2012
At least this was better than its prequel. The plot process was a lot more smooth and contained an exceptable amount of character development. I may not have liked how the plot progressed, but at least it wasn't a mess like the prequel. I wish there was more romance. There was basically no romantic development other than the kiss towards the end. The last few pages shows that their relationship was pretty much back to normal. It's a shame; could have been much better. 6/10
MastaJOct 22, 2013 11:03 PM
"When life gives you lemons, make orange juice, then sit back and watch the world wonder how you did it."
Feb 3, 2014 9:34 PM

Apr 2011
Reread this whole series two years after I had originally read it. The second time around, the storyline is much clearer and the plot twists aren't quite as baffling.

In retrospect, this manga is really perfect for rereading because the story does not dwell on itself for too long. The lengthiest arc is clearly the Lakshri-Clive arc, and this was the only segment of the manga that felt a bit long-winded. Another fault was that it felt as if Sheila's character was subject to fluctuations that ultimately affected the lack of romantic development. Finally, the overly optimistic depiction of the ending is somewhat awkward (especially Rossi's father's miraculous epiphany and transformation) when placed in context with the constant death and chaos of the human-monster conflict.

Overall, I still give the manga series as a whole a 9/10, with Superior Cross as a 8/10. If the ending had been more substantial, I would've certainly raised the rating a bit but, as it stands, the ending is a bit lackluster and is quite unsatisfying.
Jan 15, 2015 12:19 AM

Nov 2011
Wow, that ending felt rushed and predictable. I really wish they actually focused on the relationship between Exa and Sheila since it's a major part of the series. It should of been done to show how a relationship between demons/humans could work out since it's even mentioned in the finale about a world or at least chance for the two races to co-exist. Sigh. Action wasn't good as the prequel either. 6/10.
Jan 15, 2015 2:30 AM
May 2014
so angelica and rakshiel got married huh.....and who's the kid? angela and rakshiels child? nooooo waaaay

a bit too rushed i presume. scenes between sheila and exa werent enough tbh.
SKYflareJan 15, 2015 2:40 AM
Jul 30, 2015 3:17 PM

Jun 2014
This series really lacking some Sheila x Exa moments. This could have been better if the story just focus more on them. Well the author (s) concentrated on making some cheesy and gay moments.
Of course all the characters should have some shit backstory and makes it all the characters a one dimensionall. But after some cheesy moment their personality turned 360º.

I still don't see the point Exa being a hero. He's not even powerful or has special abilities. His ideal was hypocrisy and Rurouni Kenshin rip off .

3.5/10
Jun 28, 2017 9:40 AM
Nov 2014
While the ending felt rushed, I am satisfied with it. We got to see their touching reunion and all and above all a drastic change in Sheila's character than when she was in the beginning. I am happy I came across and read this manga.
Jan 13, 2019 5:45 PM

Aug 2014
Very rushed ending to an overall good series.

I never liked where the couple has to wait after a long time skip to be reunited and when they did reunite here, Exa and Sheila had no romantic moments, just a comedy routine.wtf?

Also, that wedding was ehh, idk how to feel about it. It felt off, especially with Raksh still chasing other women. How the hell did Angelica end up marrying him?

Terrible chapter
Feb 5, 2022 7:38 PM

Oct 2020
last 7 chapters were just all over the place man its a shame because this series could of been so much more

massive part of me wanted Exa to actually go through with killing Sheila in chapter 19 but i guess that would override all the development thus far

the final demon lord was just lazy as shit. i feel like instead of that the author should've just made sheila the final boss once more, but in the scenario of her defending herself against the exa we saw in chapter 19, until he completely breaks down.

i can ignore the complete change of heart from pretty much every antagonist, but rossi's father turning good was so fucking pointless and made no sense at all.

i didnt really mind the cliff hanger esc ending, pretty safe to assume that they both settled down together. I would give the series a 7/10 overall, first part was much better when the story actually focused on the parallels between Sheila and Exa
Apr 14, 2022 1:08 PM

Jun 2015
Holy shit... I was pissed off by the end of chapter 19 and stopped totally caring since then. What a waste... It started great and all that build-up amounted to nothing.
ok :p
May 23, 2022 10:34 AM
Mar 2012
Sigh... what's up with manga and this stupid ending trope. "Subverted climax, time skip, underwhelming ending" has to be the most stupid way to end a series, especially one that had been building up to such a clear-cut ending since chapter 1.

I'm pissed, it could have been a great story but the whole "true demon lord" bs was terrible and the last chapter was the worst.
Jul 11, 2023 1:54 AM
Jun 2016
Chapters 20 and onward felt super rushed, there was no structure at all, panel’s seemed to go from one page to the other skipping back and forth of time, place and plot.

I love the Manga but that is definitely not how it should have ended

More topics from this board

Poll: » Superior Cross Chapter 14 Discussion

Stark700 - Jan 14, 2015

1 by blessofcurse »»
Jul 30, 2015 12:45 PM

Poll: » Superior Cross Chapter 13 Discussion

xXC64Xx - Mar 10, 2011

3 by blessofcurse »»
Jul 30, 2015 12:32 PM

Poll: » Superior Cross Chapter 12 Discussion

Stark700 - Jan 14, 2015

1 by blessofcurse »»
Jul 30, 2015 12:22 PM

Poll: » Superior Cross Chapter 18 Discussion

Stark700 - Jan 14, 2015

1 by sddsdd »»
Apr 1, 2015 10:11 AM

» Question

SKYflare - Jan 15, 2015

0 by SKYflare »»
Jan 15, 2015 2:46 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.