Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
My Little Monster
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (10) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 » ... Last »
Oct 2, 2012 12:57 PM

May 2009
Wow so many crazy things happened in one episode, awesome, looking forward to the next one
Oct 2, 2012 1:29 PM
Oct 2010
Wacky/cute/funny + excentric characters... Seems like this anime will be a riot.

rishardew said:
She reminds me of Maka from Soul Eater, anyone else? D:
I too had this thought
"Against stupidity the gods themselves contend in vain"
Friedrich Schiller
Oct 2, 2012 1:57 PM

Apr 2011
Seems to be pretty good!
I liked the beginning part a lot but I was a little surprised about the skip to one month later.
Some parts could have been a BIT more searious, but it's not that genre after all XD
Still, nice episode and looking forward to more.
I am wondering though what the next episodes will be about!
Funny preview with the chicken.
Oct 2, 2012 2:01 PM

Jul 2009
loved it -it makes my heart pond.he is stupid -but so cute,lot of fun and romance...
i never expected to like it.
like with lovely complex :D
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 2, 2012 2:16 PM

Dec 2009
The boy's voice sucks, damn.
Oct 2, 2012 2:19 PM

Dec 2011
Looks promising so far :D just like how I remember it~

It's lucky that Shizuku has the personality she has, otherwise I'm pretty sure alot of people would be hating on Haru's actions and his ways of expression lol

Now lets see how this fairs with "Sukitte Iinayo" D:
Oct 2, 2012 3:14 PM

Jul 2011
OMFG ... I'm a man and i just laugh because i like it xD
Jesus What?! Sudenly a kiss...

That badass guy :'D
Oct 2, 2012 3:31 PM

Aug 2010
I'm so exited in this show ;)
< Loved it! > ♥
Oct 2, 2012 3:41 PM

Sep 2012
A good start, I don't regret starting this show, it might be a pleasant surprise.
Oct 2, 2012 3:50 PM

Feb 2012
Where is the next episode? Dang, I cant wait for it! lol. Great 1st episode!
You can just be yourself. Do things your own way, one step at a time. You'll get there. Just be yourself, you'll be fine."
~Fruit Basket
Oct 2, 2012 3:53 PM

Jan 2010
Yumekichi11 said:

Wow, you really seem to hate Haru. I have a question though, if the genders were reversed, would you still hate him? Like, if Haru was the girl and Shizuku was the guy, but they had the same personalities?

I've seen girls in anime intentionally punch boys and people find it funny and even seem to love it. But if a guy punches a girl (unintentionally, mind you) then it's suddenly wrong.
Do you know Oyashiro-sama?
Oct 2, 2012 4:55 PM

Aug 2011
Straight away I was hooked. There's something about Shizuku's delivery that keeps me entertained. I guess I can identify with her in a few ways.

Funny and emotional. It was very fast paced and entertaining. A very good first impression.
Oct 2, 2012 4:59 PM
Jul 2012
A nice, different feel. The main hero(Haru) is a genius/power-house/idiot. The main heroine(Suzuku, I think) is the negative/studious/tsundere character. Well, that was a lot of development in 1 episode. If you ask me, it would have been better if it had been given a 2 episode start, but this is fine by me. I am waiting for the humor to really jump start, it is already pretty humorous, but not enough to make me crawl on the floor.
Oct 2, 2012 5:02 PM

Nov 2011
This feels so much like another kaichou wa maid sama except the main character is a delinquent and the development is much faster!!! XD

I already want more!
Oct 2, 2012 5:29 PM

Apr 2012
Man, this sucks. That ED isn't gonna be released until December! OMG. I absolutely adore it. Love at first listen.
As for the ep as a whole, I loved it, as awkward as it was. I'll definitely keep my eye on this one this season.
Oct 2, 2012 6:01 PM

Oct 2010
-KamioRika- said:
Yumekichi11 said:

Wow, you really seem to hate Haru. I have a question though, if the genders were reversed, would you still hate him? Like, if Haru was the girl and Shizuku was the guy, but they had the same personalities?

I've seen girls in anime intentionally punch boys and people find it funny and even seem to love it. But if a guy punches a girl (unintentionally, mind you) then it's suddenly wrong.
Yes in general I think that in love any form of violence is not good. Even the aggressive kiss is like O_o but I think this is just a extreme form they are playing with in this series. So no I would not be indifferent except that in some forms that are more mild/comedic I tolerate it. This looked like a semi-serious tone.

Hence I concluded the character mixture to be:
http://myanimelist.net/character/64051/Akatsuki_Ousawa
+
http://myanimelist.net/character/13531/Shouta_Kazehaya
anyone may think so? Considering the director of Kimi ni Todoke is directing it, he must have seen some Kazehaya in Haru.

- BLOG - My Club- Easiest way to reach the rest of my thoughts!
Oct 2, 2012 6:25 PM

Nov 2011
Yumekichi11 said:
Yes in general I think that in love any form of violence is not good. Even the aggressive kiss is like O_o but I think this is just a extreme form they are playing with in this series. So no I would not be indifferent except that in some forms that are more mild/comedic I tolerate it. This looked like a semi-serious tone.

+
anyone may think so? Considering the director of Kimi ni Todoke is directing it, he must have seen some Kazehaya in Haru.

I somewhat agree with this except the part that Haru doesn't seem to be the perverted or shameless type as opposed to Akatsuki judging from this episode. I took that kiss as a comedy though as this series...is romantic comedy.

It's like taking violence and making a comedy out of it and I found that it worked quite amusingly this episode.

On the other hand, Shizuku reminds me of Maka Albarn in terms of personality and somewhat of appearance.
Oct 2, 2012 6:36 PM

Jun 2012
wat the heck did i just watch 5/5
~"The place to improve the world is first in one's own heart and head and hands." (Pirsig)

Oct 2, 2012 6:53 PM

Dec 2007
I burst out laughing during the robbing scene. lol

Surprisingly pretty good.
Oct 2, 2012 6:53 PM

Oct 2010
Stark700 said:
Yumekichi11 said:

+

I somewhat agree with this except the part that Haru doesn't seem to be the perverted or shameless type as opposed to Akatsuki judging from this episode. I took that kiss as a comedy though as this series...is romantic comedy.

It's like taking violence and making a comedy out of it and I found that it worked quite amusingly this episode.

On the other hand, Shizuku reminds me of Maka Albarn in terms of personality and somewhat of appearance.
I agree with you except the tone IMO is semi serious for example the fight and Shizuku stopping him was serious and the punch looked serious too as it was shown to hit her. It was after that it become less so and moved to comedy/drama.

That's the best I can make sense of it.

- BLOG - My Club- Easiest way to reach the rest of my thoughts!
Oct 2, 2012 7:02 PM
Jun 2008
well give after seeing this feel case of "he said this while she said that".

yet might hang around see what else might happen.
LIVING THE GS-LIFESTYLE
MR.GS
JUST ON THE JOURNEY THROUGH THE ANIME WORLD
THE KLAC OF ANIME WORLD
you either with ANIME http://myanimelist.net/clubs.php?cid=24159 or against the anime
Oct 2, 2012 7:05 PM

Oct 2011
Such a fast pace, made it seem longer than it should've been. Still highly entertaining, and I actually love how this is turning out. And I can't believe they kissed on the first episode, totally unexpected.
5/5.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 2, 2012 7:17 PM

Jun 2010
So excited when they called this to be an anime. :D So funny.

Oct 2, 2012 7:36 PM

Feb 2009
^.^: is this guy for real?
Oct 2, 2012 7:57 PM

Oct 2008
MaxCrazy7 said:
^.^: is this guy for real?

You can ignore people who say things are bad and then don't even say why they are.
If he had some reasoning behind it, there could be a discussion! Love discussions!
Oct 2, 2012 8:05 PM

Jun 2007
I ended up skimming through quite a bit of it, though I'll prolly watch a few more eps before decide whether or not to drop it.
Oct 3, 2012 12:21 AM

Jul 2009
harukas voice, oh wow!
Oct 3, 2012 12:30 AM
Oct 2012
I've read the manga and I'm still following it every month~
usually I prefer the original manga way more than the anime adaptation but I'm kinda surprised that I enjoyed the first episode more than I had thought I would so it was pleasant. I do think that the pace was a bit fast but I liked it, it made the episode more fun and not boring, unlike some animes that only cover useless things in one episode. That is a waste. Shizuku's seiyuu is really nice and matches well with her character. Haru's was okay. And ofc, the most important thing imo, the character designs are nice, almost the same with the manga & that's a plus.
When I first read the manga, I thought that it was kinda scary/dark lol with Haru's crude words, violence, and all but the anime made it seemed more adorable and lively so I'm satisfied with the comedy :)
The first episode was great, now this put some burden to the rest of this season. Hopefully it won't screw up in the middle and will always be faithful to the manga.
definitely will keep watching (:
firaachanOct 3, 2012 12:34 AM
Oct 3, 2012 12:41 AM

Mar 2012
Wut so he didn't realize at all that he had elbowed Shizuku accidentally, poor Shizuku lol.
Keep moving forward
Oct 3, 2012 12:47 AM

Feb 2012
THAT WAS FUCKING AMAZING!
I'm in love with Haru <3
Oct 3, 2012 2:00 AM

Nov 2011
I like the fact that they didn't make Shizuku look beautiful, reflects the completely lack of interest she has in her appearance xD
Oct 3, 2012 2:34 AM

Feb 2008
Nice first episode, though I'm expecting much more since the KimiTodo director is involved in this show.
Also, +1 point for main heroine beat up =P
Oct 3, 2012 5:27 AM

Sep 2009
Yumekichi11 said:
Stark700 said:
I agree with you except the tone IMO is semi serious for example the fight and Shizuku stopping him was serious and the punch looked serious too as it was shown to hit her. It was after that it become less so and moved to comedy/drama.

I agree with you Yumekichi11. Certain scenes in this episode didn't sit well with me (I would feel the same even if the genders were reversed). Maybe if they put more emphasis on the comedy, it would be fine. Right now, it's like the show is right in between being serious and being comedy so it feels awkward.
Oct 3, 2012 6:10 AM

Aug 2011
This is WAY better than I was anticipating.

Haruka Tomatsu sounds much better as a not-tsundere (I'm looking at you, bitch from SAO).

Will be following this show fo sho.
DraconisMarchOct 3, 2012 6:14 AM
Oct 3, 2012 6:58 AM

Sep 2009
DraconisMarch said:
Haruka Tomatsu sounds much better as a not-tsundere (I'm looking at you, bitch from SAO).
Lol, Asuna isn't even really a tsundere.
Oct 3, 2012 7:37 AM

Sep 2012
Ah I love this already! Reminds me of Kaichou wa Maid-sama in a way. Can't wait for the next episode
Oct 3, 2012 7:59 AM

Feb 2010
She's like Maka (Soul Eater) & Taiga (Toradora) combined XD
"Your taste is shit cause you like what I hate. Believe me I have 1000 cartoons that I rated with less than 5."

Oct 3, 2012 8:46 AM

Dec 2011
To-ta-lly a 5/5,let's see if they can keep it up,doubt it though
Oct 3, 2012 10:13 AM

Apr 2012
saxophone15 said:
Yumekichi11 said:
Stark700 said:

I agree with you Yumekichi11. Certain scenes in this episode didn't sit well with me (I would feel the same even if the genders were reversed). Maybe if they put more emphasis on the comedy, it would be fine. Right now, it's like the show is right in between being serious and being comedy so it feels awkward.

The three of you hit the point: combining violence and comedy is dangerous and can potentially irate the viewer. What particularly annoyed me (very well explained in the GAR GAR STEGASAROUS blog) was the series' take on comedy using a specific type of violence, sexual assault/aggression. In this episode, we see the series take a light note of all the instances one can label sexual assault. Notice the background music during Haru's first assault on Shiziku, the now infamous alleyway "rape" scene, the undressing scene in response to Shiziku's going to the gym, and the kiss scene. Whereas during normal dialogues, the background music stays silent, these scenes exhibit jovial background music to direct the audience to the comic nature of the scene. This episode repeatedly relies on violence to provide comic relief for the audience. Thus, I was actually cheering for Shiziku when Haru elbowed her. She was sick with Haru's antics and decided to put a lid on his misperceived relationship with her.

I don't have a problem with developing Haru from his primal state of social ineptness, but I do have a problem with the series (at least in this episode) outsourcing its comedy to violence.
Oct 3, 2012 10:25 AM

Aug 2012
It's really amazing!! it made my day &gE;◡&lE;i didn't even blink my eyes while watching it.. :D(okay i did blink)
the art IT'S COLORFUL!!!!
ureshi&gE;◡&lE;ureshi&gE;◡&lE;ureshi...
Oct 3, 2012 11:32 AM

Nov 2011
I agree that it's pretty rushed.
Yet it's good for the first episode.
Although I think it's nothing like the manga.
Oct 3, 2012 12:59 PM

Jun 2008
It felt really rushed but I loved it. I am in love with this show. Everything about it.
Oct 3, 2012 1:38 PM

Apr 2011
I loved the first episode so many lolz. The funniest part for me is when her bf clothes came off and then everybody just beat his ass.
Oct 3, 2012 2:06 PM

Aug 2011
saxophone15 said:
DraconisMarch said:
Lol, Asuna isn't even really a tsundere.
You're right. She's just a bitch. What was I thinking.
Oct 3, 2012 3:18 PM

Mar 2012
well the animation is so so, and there are some pacing problems.
Oct 3, 2012 3:46 PM
Jul 2011
ranked #166 after just 1 episode......well i hope it doesn't disappoint in the end, but its a great start.
Oct 3, 2012 4:21 PM

Jul 2012
weiqifan said:
DraconisMarch said:
This is WAY better than I was anticipating.

Will be following this show fo sho.

seconds this, bro.

thirding ;) I enjoy Shizuka's voice over Asundere's any day.
Oct 3, 2012 4:34 PM

Feb 2012
Haruka sounds good as a tsundere too~! :O

But the way she voiced Asuna wasn't the way she voiced other tsundere characters she handled... so Asuna isn't really considered tsundere I guess...
Oct 3, 2012 5:59 PM

Nov 2011
The male lead seems to be a bit bi-polar.

My Twitter : link
My Last.fm : link
Oct 3, 2012 6:12 PM
Jan 2011
This show is funny. When she took off running after throwing that drink.Or when he yelled that he needed help and those guys were trying to rob him after he beat them all up.Priceless.
Pages (10) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Tonari no Kaibutsu-kun Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Dec 24, 2012

478 by Prevesis »»
Apr 18, 1:30 PM

Poll: » Is there going to be a season 2? ( 1 2 )

SalemWitch - Apr 2, 2013

63 by lixiuyue »»
Dec 23, 2023 7:57 AM

Poll: » Tonari no Kaibutsu-kun Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Nov 5, 2012

165 by waalex11 »»
Sep 12, 2023 7:42 PM

Poll: » Tonari no Kaibutsu-kun Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Dec 10, 2012

165 by ccrr »»
Aug 19, 2023 10:34 PM

Poll: » Tonari no Kaibutsu-kun Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Nov 26, 2012

186 by mirsips »»
Jul 24, 2023 4:11 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.