Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (6) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 »
Mar 2, 2015 7:47 AM

Nov 2013
I didn't realize how much I liked this show until this episode came along. They even teased us with 2 new characters, I need at least another season of this.
Without the Lucky Channel segments, it may have been an 8/10.
Apr 29, 2015 6:27 AM
Dec 2011
this was a fun ride .. hope i get to see more lucky star in the future :3 a second season :3
May 3, 2015 3:07 AM

Oct 2014
Well I think that lucky channel segments were more fun the show itself.
We need a lucky channel anime asap!
8/10
May 23, 2015 8:02 AM

Oct 2011
The first few episodes were a bit meh but they improved later on.

8/10
Jun 1, 2015 1:10 AM

Dec 2012
Okay ending. I'm gonna really miss these characters. :c
Jun 24, 2015 8:22 PM

Dec 2012
What a golden way to wrap up the show. The cheerleading routine was great but my favorite part had to be with Akira and Minoru. Akira's growl when she was told to go join the demon council was hilarious, her rage was unrivaled this episode. I thought they might have finished with their graduation but I'm content with this as well. It helps to reinforce the idea that the time they have left as high schoolers is limited and that they plan to make the most out of every bit of it.

I am so glad I finally got to this. Ever since I was first exposed to it by the rabid weeaboos who worshiped otaku culture in high school, Lucky Star became a wall that I was destined to climb. I've literally been debating whether or not to watch this for a couple of years now because of that experience but now that I've finished it, all of those negative feelings I harbored towards it have been expelled. I have to laugh a bit when I compare my response to episode 1 to this one. A complete 180 and Lucky Star delivered.

Overall it was able to deliver the standard fare of CGDCT as well as KyoAni's usual touch. It reminds me a great deal of A-Channel which no doubt was likely influenced by this. There were lots of comedy gold moments and even some surprisingly heartfelt scenes such as this final episode and the scene with Konata's mother. I wasn't as big a fan of the pop culture humor, although it didn't detract from the show either. The characters were all fun and Kagami is easily my favorite for being the pragmatic tsundere.

8/10
Jul 26, 2015 10:47 AM

Jul 2014
Well, that was boring. Didn't think it was worth watching, but I'm glad I finished watching it after three years.

1/10, not for being offensively bad, but just unentertaining.
D-ohnutsAug 23, 2016 4:25 PM
Aug 26, 2015 8:42 PM

Jul 2013
First of all i have to say that i'm glad that i decided to give the show a chance. The beginning was bit rough and even though the jokes were never really clever nor the things that the show pointed about life but i still found myself saddened when it came to time to say goodbye to our cast.

This the sort of show you either like or don't but i do feel that the visceral hate this show has gotten is more due to the popularity and fanbase of the show.

So i do consider this a rare exception to the whole "people hate it because it's popular".

To me the worst things were the girl with the pink hair and that awful speech on the first episode. I definitely wouldn't blame anyone for dropping the show after seeing it.
Oct 21, 2015 8:28 AM
Mar 2013
Man I loved this series. Going to miss it.
Nov 10, 2015 8:35 AM

Jun 2015
The last episode was a bit boring, they were just preparing their routine the whole time, which isn't the best way to write the final episode IMO. Plus, while we've seen their routine, we never saw the main thing because they ended the episode when the best part was about to start.

Overall, not a bad show, but I expected more. Konata is still among my favorite characters, there were some good and funny moments, references I didn't catch, but I still prefer other slice of life anime.

I don't regret watching it nonetheless. It was a nice experience.

I respect your opinion as long as you respect mine.
Nov 22, 2015 4:43 PM
Feb 2015
The Sailor Fukku dance was awesome, but why didn't they show it at the end with the reaction from the crowd and melancholic music like in any Anime instead of that shit ending ?
Jan 28, 2016 3:31 PM
Oct 2015
I love the final, it was perfect :') The dance of the opening in the final was awesome.
Jul 13, 2016 2:25 PM

Jun 2015
I can't believe it's over. The finale was the best episode.

The main problem for them was to find a song good enough to be in the same league as Hare Hare. Guess what! They made this song and it's the opening. The song is actually the counterpart of Hare Hare.

I kinda feel melancholic like the characters.
If you are going to disagree with me, don't bother talking to me. I will seriously hurt you!
Aug 9, 2016 12:03 PM

Aug 2016
I feel compelled to comment on this, even though the show's really old.

For anyone who didn't like the ending, consider the parallels with the way the Beatles chose to end their final album Abbey Road. After some very emotional lyrics about singing lullabies, the famous "You're Gonna Carry that Weight," and other moments, it wraps up with the lyrics "And in the end, the love you take... is equal to the love you make."

Think about that, a great, optimistic message about peace for all people and how to live a fulfilling life. It ties together all the Beatles sang about love, loss, and so many other things... but it's not the ending. Slowly a guitar tune can be heard, and they start singing a little ditty about how "Her Majesty's a very nice girl..."

Lucky Star's ending is like that. We get the rehearsal, the payoff for our expectations regarding the tie-in for the song. Yet, we see their classmates working tirelessly away at what is to be their final culture festival, a symbol that their high school lives are coming to an end. The girls discuss their nerves behind the curtain as their performance is about to start, unsure whether they can even go through with it... and then Shiraishi's cell phone rings. Melancholy, thick tension and anticipation, all broken by an anti-climax.

In a way, it's what Lucky Star has always been: the silly, sometimes dull, moments of everyday life. Some good, some bad, but overall a sense of hope and friendship. Reflecting on the way that moment so well summarizes their lives together, the girls stand proudly in front of the audience, ready to give their performance. The huge flash of light and the rising curtain suggests to us that this is a new beginning, a brilliant shining future, and they're all going into it.

Just a few thoughts on why I think the ending is actually really good. It played on my natural expectations and became something even better than I had thought it would be, making me look back on the whole series in a warm-hearted, nostalgic way.
Aug 16, 2016 1:06 PM
Jul 2016
A decent ending, i'm glad it ended before it got too repetitive and boring.
Sep 15, 2016 5:16 PM
Mar 2016
loved the last episode, it did feel like it was trying too hard to wrap things up, nor did it feel like it ended poorly......it was smooth. ending with a arts festival was a neat idea ^^
Oct 2, 2016 11:26 AM

Aug 2013
I really have a serious problem with rating this series. I love cgdct anime, but...
Humour was waaaaay too condensed. Fast cutting, every scene was basically comedy scene, I don't really like this formula and I tend to drop comedies like this. Buy in other hand I've got TONS of references to other anime (mainly for Haruhi, but I spotted many many other), Japanese culture and general daily situations of those days.
So I really liked this part of Lucky Star. I think, people who are not interested in japanese culture will hate this series.
Ah, pretty good visuals and great animation, but it's not a surprise, Kyoto Animation. I love OP song.
Definitely not a show which I could marathon. One episode per day is the best choice for this show.
8/10
Dub = fake crap. Always.
Jul 1, 2017 7:18 PM
Jul 2016
I´m so mad right now. I had so much to say but I accidentally happened to press something to open up the god damn forsaken console and lost it all and I can´t think shit to type it nearly as well again. I hate it when you in the zone the first time and then it doesn´t get saved or you lose it. You never write something as good as the first time when it´s all fresh in your head and just comes to you. But this is a very annoying talent of mine.

So I´ll just have to settle with giving it a strong 6/10 with no motive for it... I will watch the movie anyway for whatever that says. I need to find a way too calm down now fast... Or something will break or I´ll need a patch cuz that´s usually how it ends in these cases for me. I like to break stuff or hurt myself when angry. Nothing too valuable or irreplaceable nor cutting myself and shit, I´m not like such. I do consider my choices to keep it acceptable xD
HilariumosisJul 1, 2017 7:22 PM
Aug 5, 2017 8:10 AM

Sep 2016
This show got me a smile every episode. One of the best.

I'll never forget that dance.

Go for your dreams, make awesome memories. Viva la vida.
Oct 3, 2017 2:53 AM

Apr 2013
Good ending to a good show. Though not quite on par with stuff like Non Non Biyori or Nichijou, but still very enjoyable to watch. 7/10 :3
Apr 10, 2018 10:08 AM

Nov 2014
I'm going to sooo miss this. Humor wasn't that great and I didn't get many references, but I really loved characters.
May 26, 2018 1:27 PM
Sep 2017
What an anti-climatic way to end such a beautiful anime. And to think that that's the last episode of the show possibly forever, since no season 2 is in sight. Fingers crossed that the OVA can give me some closure!
Aug 30, 2018 6:32 AM

Apr 2015
Rather unfortunate that the last episode is probably one of the weakest ones, but anyway

Everyone should respect the legacy
8-9/10
Feb 6, 2019 4:45 PM

Nov 2017
they could've showed more of the festival :/

Aug 18, 2019 8:03 PM

Sep 2017
Pretty nice way to end it. Feels fitting for Lucky Star. The cheer leading routine was great. I'm not sure if I would have preferred them show us the "real" performance over the rehearsal one. Still it was a great series overall. I think the only thing this series could have done to have substantial improvement would be adding enough extra episodes to see the girls gradation.
Oct 1, 2019 1:46 PM

Oct 2015
That was a nice cultural festival episode. I liked their cheerleading pre performance, especially since they performed it with the opening song. Thanks to Shiraishi, they managed to calm down on the day of the performance! Speaking of Shiraishi, he sure has enough balls now to stand against Akira, I guess that water incident made him really fed up with her lol! Even Gotouther couldn't make those two to make up, but it was nice to finally see Akira appear in the show though. Too bad the lucky channel didn't show up at the end, oh well! But nice episode nonetheless.

This was a good fun, relaxed show that made me laugh. The characters were all gold in my view, I liked Konata and Kagami chemistry, those two make a good comedy duo. Too bad Yuki had less show in the series, but her constant visits to the dentist were always nice to watch. But I personally loved the Lucky channel, it was fresh and very witty, those two make a great team. I will dearly miss them! This was super enjoyable along with the gags and moe moments. The only thing I didn't enjoy were the live action gags at the end, why did they have to end the karaoke segment at the end!

8/10.
lihle808Oct 1, 2019 1:49 PM
How I learned to stop worrying and love the bomb --- Dr Strangelove

Jan 6, 2020 11:56 PM

Nov 2013
I FKN LOVE THIS ANIME !!!
A bit sad we couldn’t see the final performance, but I guess they wanted to leave it to our imaginations.

Also, FKN FINALLY my fav character Akira finally gets some screentime in the show! She did it boys! SASUGA idol Akira! LOL we all saw it coming that her performance would get interrupted again though.

All in all, what a blast this was, didn’t expect that I would enjoy this anime so much. A refreshing seiyuu cast that brought life to the characters, a hilarious end segment with Akira and Shiraishi, and that damn catchy Opening!

Well done Kyoto Animation and it’s staff.
Jul 17, 2020 12:03 AM
Oct 2018
Soo....The final scene really feel incomplet, I can understand why the anime did that, but still is not really a catartic end for me; the same happen with the Luccki chanel characters

Still it was a good show, the referencial jokes is not my favorite type of comedy...but was enterteinig
Oct 23, 2020 1:37 AM

Aug 2018
This anime has been very good
Great his final episode
Tamer2002Oct 23, 2020 2:33 AM
Dec 9, 2020 7:54 PM
Aug 2009
Every time when i rewatch this serial the last episode make me broken and empty. Ova no make heal effect because i just know this anime expirience have no replacement, every time it's just like go to best moments of life and in the end just light behaind the curtain, this is goodbye to the next circle for me, like in buddhism. After 13 years i still obsessed by this group and now i know where they live, someday we'll see in this place i want to believe
Feb 11, 2021 1:03 PM

Feb 2020
Overall this show was very boring for being so popular. I can't give tihs more than 5/10.
Apr 3, 2021 11:13 AM

May 2018
oh hey akira finally got her cameo in the real show lmao

and Shiraishi's phone going off with the song he sang is making me rofl

5/10
Jul 17, 2021 5:40 PM
A sandwich

Jul 2020
Quite a cute ending tying up the dance choreography from the opening and getting input from every character, including the one from Lucky channel. Also the fact that the last episode was called TBA may have hinted at a possible second season, but considering how many years it's been since, I highly doubt it will ever come to fruition.

Gotta say, while this show was sold to me higher than it ended up being in my opinion, it was pretty good nonetheless. I laughed a couple of times and got the references that I probably wouldn't have at the time. For some reason it also felt like watching a podcast about general culture. Also the characters ended up winning me over. Well, most did (I'm not too much of a fan of Konata's dad yet).

In the end, I wouldn't necessarily recommend this to everyone and it can be slow with not much happening on screen. But it definitely has an audience and delves into topics not many others did at the time. Props to that.
⠓⠥⠍⠁⠝⠊⠞⠽ ⠞⠓⠗⠕⠥⠛⠓ ⠎⠕⠍⠑ ⠎⠞⠥⠏⠊⠙⠊⠞⠽⠂ ⠎⠕⠍⠑ ⠺⠊⠇⠇ ⠎⠅⠊⠏ ⠺⠁⠎⠓⠊⠝⠛ ⠞⠓⠑⠊⠗ ⠓⠁⠝⠙⠎ ⠁⠝⠙ ⠑⠝⠙ ⠥⠏ ⠗⠥⠊⠝⠊⠝⠛ ⠊
⠞ ⠋⠕⠗ ⠑⠧⠑⠗⠽⠕⠝⠑
⠎⠓⠊⠊⠅⠕ ⠁⠕⠎⠕⠊⠂ ⠼⠃⠼⠚⠼⠁⠼⠓
Sep 16, 2021 11:12 AM

Aug 2015
This anime was amazing, really enjoyed watching this after work, helped me relax and such.

Can't believe it took me so long to give it a try, cause I heard about it a lot but it just didn't look interesting enough, well silly me.

Of course, I give this 10/10 even though I do have some complaints like in this Ep instead of letting us see the actual, they only played the rehearsal and in general, there wasn't enough of Akira, she was one of my faves along with Konata, Tsukasa, and Kagami.

I will never forget this anime, goodbye sausage lovers!
NameLessMofoSep 16, 2021 11:40 AM
Jan 2, 2022 9:57 PM
Aug 2021
Finally the cheerleading scene in the op. Overall this show is pretty chill cute and the comedy is quite unique in its own way, although sometimss a bit repetitive. for someone that doesn't understand all the references to other animes sometimes I can't really get the jokes, and there are plenty of them in this show.
but the watching experience was quite enjoyable for me at least. i personally like azumanga daioh just a bit more, although it also have its own problems.
Cabbage_CatJan 2, 2022 10:15 PM
Apr 8, 2022 8:24 PM
Feb 2021
Happy 15th anniversary Lucky Star !!!
Sep 11, 2022 8:51 AM

Jul 2017
What an ending. Lucky Star is just perfect.
Jan 1, 2023 4:33 AM

Jan 2015
What a perfect finale, wow, this series was really wonderful. One of the best endings I've seen in a while. I know I'll keep revisiting this, will definitely get the Blu-rays someday. The involvement of everything together was super cool. Emotional music also was very nice. Cheerleading segment was awesome.
Feb 14, 2023 5:37 PM
Jul 2022
Akira finally made it
Feb 19, 2023 3:43 PM
Supreme Tsundere

Nov 2012
Took me so long to finish this, the first time I watched episode 1 was back on March 31th of 2014, WTF...
For a long time I always dropped interest whenever I saw parts of episode 1, many jokes were just not landing, overtime I managed to really enjoy Kagami's character, she is definitly my favorite, and Konata had her moments, the people from Lucky Channel were funny too, but the rest of the characters, BORING borderline annoying.
Shame, if the jokes land and one likes the overall mood of this anime, it is bound to be a really good experience, as it stands it is just a mix of some extreme highs with so many mids and boring shit I couldnt care about.

deViate said:
I'm gonna miss this anime, too bad theres no more eps.

Konata as a wizard was cute and funny.

I subscribe that suit her soo damm well, somehow very fitting for her character.
Specific parts of this series I will miss, but most I wont, part of the cast was just annoying some parts, the rest, boring.

Definitly can see why it got such a reputation and status as a classic anime from the 2000s, and I had tons of fun for some episodes and scenes, OP was catchy, ending was cringe but funny.
But that is where the praise ends, still I might try to rewatch it one day far in the future, see if I manage to like it overall more, and I m being harsh but this was still a rather positve and enjoyable experience.

Shout out to episode 22, far above everything else this series did.

7.3/10 = 7

Wiziliz said:
What a perfect finale, wow, this series was really wonderful. One of the best endings I've seen in a while. I know I'll keep revisiting this, will definitely get the Blu-rays someday. The involvement of everything together was super cool. Emotional music also was very nice. Cheerleading segment was awesome.

Got a feeling the official translation would kill this anime, fansub all the way for this.
IF you want to support the mangaka, definitly get some manga instead.
PlaycoolFeb 19, 2023 3:57 PM
Mar 10, 2023 1:35 PM
Feb 2022
ill admit i watched this without any english, and since im still learning i didn’t understand everything. not good for a show where all the enjoyment comes from the dialogue. for that same reason tho it’s the perfect show for learning. jam packed with easy dialogue the whole way through.

some parts were funny or interesting and it seemed to get way better towards the end but that couldn’t make up for the countless hours of boredom throughout an episode count that is clearly too high. i found it difficult to pay attention because it was so boring.

despite all this ill probably come back in a few months or a year or whenever and give it another chance. maybe ill get a lot more jokes or something but for now all i can give it is a 6
Mar 13, 2023 8:04 AM
( °◡°)/
Oct 2021
Nagato Yuki <33333

Imagine; Hiragi acting cute enough to cause Konata to slightly break character voice xD

The Haruhi stuff was hilarious as well; being the seiyuu for a character who wants to meet another character that you portrayed and you yourself.

Akira having a speaking role in an episode was a surprise xD

After seeing the intro sequence for so many episodes, it was really nice to see the cheer routine in this episode and the various moves be reused for a new routine ;-;
Apr 15, 2023 7:46 PM
Sep 2022
The show ended the same way it started, and it pulled that off really well. It didn't feel forced when they broke the fourth wall, unlike most cases.
Apr 20, 2023 9:24 PM

Apr 2023
come on the dance is so iconic 
May 31, 2023 7:01 AM
Oct 2021
This animes amazing but does anybody who watches the dub notice that before any segment conversation starts theyre talking about some stink??? Im so confused. What stink. Is it an inside joke?
Jun 19, 2023 6:47 AM
Nov 2022
finally Akira made it to the screen time on the show wwww
Sep 7, 2023 3:02 PM

Dec 2009
Rough Draft Notes after 2010:

Sep 7, 2023 3:44 PM

Dec 2009
Till this day since 2010, Lucky Star remains one of my top favorite CGDCT gag anime.
While every moment isn't consistently very entertaining, it's great. 8/10.

The Japanese and English cast alike are both incredible.
The cast of Lucky Star is very charming, with enjoyable casual discussions and hilarious comedy from awesome dynamic bonds.

With a very colorful cast, each have their own unique charm and running jokes.
Konata to laidback otaku, Kagami, the fiery tsundere, Tsukasa the cute airhead, Miyuki the smart klutz.
To, Minami the female prince, Yutaka the loli, Kuroi-sensei, the strict gamer teacher, Hiyori the yuri fanatic artist, and Akira Kogami, the adorable yet tough actress, etc.

From their simple conversations of daily choices, likes and dislikes, to their hangouts. The cast is adorable.
My personal favorite characters are Akira and Kagami.
Although, I love almost all of the cast for how entertaining they are (including Konata), with fun comedy.
Dec 20, 2023 7:02 PM
Dec 2023
Patrica Martin...
Dec 23, 2023 2:15 PM
Oct 2023
after rewatching this show i remember so clearly why i loved it as a kid - the characters are cute, silly and entertaining. it's a cozy show where you can just sit and slip away, and it's such a good watch for when you want something engaging but simple :3
Pages (6) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Lucky ☆ Star Episode 23 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Faust721 - Sep 10, 2007

85 by biuberry »»
Apr 9, 2:24 AM

Poll: » Lucky ☆ Star Episode 21 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Joseph_ - Aug 27, 2007

112 by biuberry »»
Apr 8, 4:12 AM

Poll: » Lucky Star Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 )

cyruz - May 22, 2007

84 by Celt1cs »»
Apr 7, 9:38 PM

Poll: » Lucky ☆ Star Episode 20 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Sidestep - Aug 19, 2007

62 by biuberry »»
Apr 4, 11:46 PM

Poll: » Lucky ☆ Star Episode 19 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Syaoran - Aug 13, 2007

78 by biuberry »»
Apr 4, 6:35 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.