Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Sword Art Online (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (13) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 » ... Last »
Sep 29, 2012 5:24 PM
Aug 2012
Wow, that episode had tonnes of content.

I actually got pumped when they decided to start making an effort at kicking that bosses ass.
Sep 29, 2012 5:25 PM

Oct 2010
Looks like I was right in the spoiler
Asuna's panties are shown on another channel. Also the color is right. White! AHAHAH! I knew it!

- BLOG - My Club- Easiest way to reach the rest of my thoughts!
Sep 29, 2012 5:33 PM

Apr 2011
Great episode, really connected with the fisherman there and I'm glad that they threw that in there.. As far as the boss being weak, no. I don't think he's weak at all ... He wrecked 10 people then almost 10 when they came back...
Sep 29, 2012 5:35 PM
Feb 2012
So looks like next episode is the last in the SAO arc. Good riddens I say. I only read the first volume of the light novel, but I have to say, this anime follows it way too closely. By no means is Accel World perfect, but if you compare SAO with AW you can easily see the author has become leagues better in writing plot since he wrote SAO like 10+ years ago.

I liked the end of this episode, the whole boss raid and action scene was pretty awesome. The whole anime should have been more like that instead of simply, Kirito makes girls fall in love with him while solving meaningless problems. There should have been more character development for Klein and Egil or whatever his name is... So much potential fallen wayside to a juvenile fantasy.
Sep 29, 2012 5:39 PM

Nov 2007
Yumekichi11 said:
Asuna's panties are shown on another channel. Also the color is right. White! AHAHAH! I knew it!

Shirou~ Yeah, that suits her best. Atleast with her uniform. Regardless, I wonder what's the point of making it black in the first place.

makoa69 said:
The old man was just smiling thinking 'man, I could be fishing right now.... yep, I could have caught like four fish by now...'

I LOLed! Thanks for the best comment of the thread! :D But yeah, I would have thought he was thinking "I have to let my ears go through this pain, I hope she remembers her promise of giving me some homemade soy sauce before leaving... She will remember right?" Poor old guy. Asuna completely forgot I guess. Inb4 jump with plotholes.

makoa69 said:
I'm getting sick of dudes getting ohko'd. Even if the boss was super strong, those are all dudes that have been living in the SAO world for over two years fighting the entire time. You'd think they would be able to hold their own at least for longer than no time at all. >.>

Very true. Most of the time the Ossan type dudes are getting hammered, while we have to remember that the experience in these games they have built while playing for years at least, they should at least know how to defend themselves. Bloody weaklings. They were simply closed door otakus in real life without any job. Just look at their age, and playing games here. :D
Stay Home and Wash Your Hands.
Protect Yourself. Protect Your Loved Ones.
Protect Your Community and Help Defeat
Coronavirus.
Sep 29, 2012 5:42 PM

Nov 2007
Speaking of SAO and Accel World. Does anyone know how on earth Kirito's son end up looking like this?

Coronavirus.
Sep 29, 2012 5:44 PM
Oct 2011
shanimebib said:
Speaking of SAO and Accel World. Does anyone know how on earth Kirito's son end up looking like this?

It makes me wonder if Asuna's appearance irl is the same as her appearance in the game..
Sep 29, 2012 5:45 PM

Feb 2012
shanimebib said:

Speculations are Kuroyukihime is their daughter, not that one :D
Sep 29, 2012 5:46 PM

Dec 2010
Candor said:
shanimebib said:

It makes me wonder if Asuna's appearance irl is the same as in the game..

Asuna looks the exact same so no worries...

As for Accel World, no way is Haru Kiritos son, if anything Kuroyukihime is Kirito's daughter; when has there ever been any indication that Haru is Kirito son? i think they even showed for like two seconds Haru's mom, and even tho i forget what she looked like, no way was she Asuna.
Sep 29, 2012 5:47 PM

Aug 2008
InfiniteDestiny said:
hyperknees91 said:
GrayArchon said:
hyperknees91 said:
Also according to before...the reason they got moved to hospitals is because of the internal battery...but wait they were allowed to disconnect from the internet but still couldn't even remove it? How does that even work?

Guess there goes that logic.

Disconnection is not the same as logging out. Break the connection, and software will attempt to re-establish the connection until it hits it's programmed time out limit. Logging out is essentially a shut down command to the software. What's holding them captive is the NerveGear itself. Without receiving a proper shut down command, it won't release them from the virtual environment, and will kill them if it's disconnected for too long.

So yes you are required to read the light novel to understand anything sighs.

That's pretty strange considering in any other game being disconnected counts as logging out but whatever, a reason is a reason. Guess they just hang in limbo for awhile.

Once again, i don't know how many times this has been said already....you shouldn't expect the anime to spell everything out for you whether its a novel or a manga or a game or whatever, the anime never adapts every last detail; leaving out somethings is common sense, to fill in these gaps (learn the difference between gaps and plotholes already...i mean seriously T_T) you need to use imagination; you know the whole "i think this happens because of this" and who knows it may just explain itself, after all it only has half a series left...not much right?

You can't say there are plotholes in a series that isn't over; some series wait until the very end to piece everything together; just look at Steins;Gate (and before all of you go, how dare you compare S;G to this crap, i was simply referring to the reveal at the end, calm down...even tho i like SAO i will admit anyday that S;G is way better)

Chill dude. The point was that they eventually do spell it out for you...so why bother delaying it? If they wanted us to use our imagination they shouldn't have ever pointed it out until the actual solution was revealed. It's not like it was used as part of a mystery or anything (like S;G's plot gaps) so I don't see the point in delaying that answer other than to confuse people.

And you need to dieeee before comparing S;G to SAO (just kidding of course). Though I will admit, S;G had plenty of plotholes as well because it didn't completely follow the visual novel (though it was mostly loyal so it doesn't really matter).
Sep 29, 2012 5:51 PM

Mar 2011
Great episode
Enjoyed the fishing part and It was pretty funny
Boss fight was good as well
That boss is pretty terrifying

Nov 2007
Candor said:
shanimebib said:

It makes me wonder if Asuna's appearance irl is the same as her appearance in the game..

Well from what I didn't read, besides gaming and being a wonderful cook, she loves making sculptures. When she was asked to touch her body and imagine her face by the game at the beginning (ref episode 1), she actually used one of her sculptures out of curiosity.

Here is her work.

You can conclude the rest :D
Coronavirus.

Dec 2010
hyperknees91 said:
InfiniteDestiny said:
hyperknees91 said:
GrayArchon said:
hyperknees91 said:
Also according to before...the reason they got moved to hospitals is because of the internal battery...but wait they were allowed to disconnect from the internet but still couldn't even remove it? How does that even work?

Disconnection is not the same as logging out. Break the connection, and software will attempt to re-establish the connection until it hits it's programmed time out limit. Logging out is essentially a shut down command to the software. What's holding them captive is the NerveGear itself. Without receiving a proper shut down command, it won't release them from the virtual environment, and will kill them if it's disconnected for too long.

That's pretty strange considering in any other game being disconnected counts as logging out but whatever, a reason is a reason. Guess they just hang in limbo for awhile.

Once again, i don't know how many times this has been said already....you shouldn't expect the anime to spell everything out for you whether its a novel or a manga or a game or whatever, the anime never adapts every last detail; leaving out somethings is common sense, to fill in these gaps (learn the difference between gaps and plotholes already...i mean seriously T_T) you need to use imagination; you know the whole "i think this happens because of this" and who knows it may just explain itself, after all it only has half a series left...not much right?

You can't say there are plotholes in a series that isn't over; some series wait until the very end to piece everything together; just look at Steins;Gate (and before all of you go, how dare you compare S;G to this crap, i was simply referring to the reveal at the end, calm down...even tho i like SAO i will admit anyday that S;G is way better)

Chill dude. The point was that they eventually do spell it out for you...so why bother delaying it? If they wanted us to use our imagination they shouldn't have ever pointed it out until the actual solution was revealed. It's not like it was used as part of a mystery or anything (like S;G's plot gaps) so I don't see the point in delaying that answer other than to confuse people.

And you need to dieeee before comparing S;G to SAO (just kidding of course). Though I will admit, S;G had plenty of plotholes as well because it didn't completely follow the visual novel (though it was mostly loyal so it doesn't really matter).

Ever consider that its taking this from the players perspective? The players can only guess whats happening to their real bodies; if done through their point of view its only natural that we are left guessing as well

Sep 29, 2012 5:57 PM

Aug 2008
InfiniteDestiny said:
hyperknees91 said:
InfiniteDestiny said:
hyperknees91 said:
GrayArchon said:
hyperknees91 said:

Ever consider that its taking this from the players perspective? The players can only guess whats happening to their real bodies; if done through their point of view its only natural that we are left guessing as well

Well yes but since every person reading and watching it were already guessing, I hardly think it was necessary. In fact I thought it was a nice touch that we didn't know what was happening to their bodies in the real world...it was the one thing that made things a little tense.

In fact I feel like SAO gives away too much information at times. Think how much more tense it would be if they didn't know how many floors they had to go up, and if they didn't know the villain or his motives. Would've helped give a bit more of a psychological focus to the series (part of the reason .hack//sign was intriguing is because you didn't know why Tsukasa was in a coma).
Sep 29, 2012 5:59 PM

Jan 2010
Next episode is the final for SAO (Can't wait ALO getting animated ^_______^)
DAMN, Heathcliffhanger!!!
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 29, 2012 6:00 PM

Dec 2010
hyperknees91 said:
InfiniteDestiny said:
hyperknees91 said:
InfiniteDestiny said:
hyperknees91 said:
GrayArchon said:
hyperknees91 said:

Well yes but since every person reading and watching it were already guessing, I hardly think it was necessary. In fact I thought it was a nice touch that we didn't know what was happening to their bodies in the real world...it was the one thing that made things a little tense.

In fact I feel like SAO gives away too much information at times. Think how much more tense it would be if they didn't know how many floors they had to go up, and if they didn't know the villain or his motives. Would've helped give a bit more of a psychological focus to the series (part of the reason .hack//sign was intriguing is because you didn't know why Tsukasa was in a coma).

If they didn't explain as much as they do people would be throwing fits saying plot hole this and plot hole that; its amazing how impatience people are in general; besides timing explanations is something that every anime needs to work into their structures; its just a matter of when, because if it never happens and the series finishes then it can be called a plot hole.
Sep 29, 2012 6:02 PM

Oct 2010
shanimebib said:
Yumekichi11 said:

Shirou~ Yeah, that suits her best. Atleast with her uniform. Regardless, I wonder what's the point of making it black in the first place.
No worries about it. They are just marketing strategies that never change. That's all it is really.

It's just fun to point them out in series. For now.

- BLOG - My Club- Easiest way to reach the rest of my thoughts!
Sep 29, 2012 6:03 PM

Jul 2009
I love where the character development is going. The relationship between Kirito and Asuna is becoming so strong but it's not overpowering, the base idea is still here and I think it's executed so well.

Can't wait for the next episode.

Though, I can't help but get the feeling that something weird is going to happen towards the end, I haven't read the novel so this is an assumption, but maybe some GM stuff might happen, I remember the scene a few episodes back where some form of moderator was overlooking Kirito and said "Interesting" or something.

Any thoughts?
Sep 29, 2012 6:03 PM

Aug 2008
InfiniteDestiny said:
hyperknees91 said:
InfiniteDestiny said:
hyperknees91 said:
InfiniteDestiny said:
hyperknees91 said:
GrayArchon said:
hyperknees91 said:

If they didn't explain as much as they do people would be throwing fits saying plot hole this and plot hole that; its amazing how impatience people are in general; besides timing explanations is something that every anime needs to work into their structures; its just a matter of when, because if it never happens and the series finishes then it can be called a plot hole.

Not if it's well written. Like you said, Steins Gate had plenty of unexplainable things throughout the show. Same goes for .hack (sign and roots) and monster (several other shows as well, I'm just naming ones where you had to wait for a longggg time for explanation). Actually those 4 shows were muchhhh worse than sword art in this regard.

But yes you are correct that people are a bit too impatient.
Sep 29, 2012 6:10 PM
Jul 2012
Decent episode.

I wasn't expecting the Fising Arc to be animated (I honestly thought they would be called back to the Front Lines, spend the episode preparing and fighting the Skullreaper, and end with the big reveal.)

I was fine with the Fishing Arc though. The pace was okay by normal standards, but I felt it was slow because I knew how much more things they had left to squeeze into this and next episode. By the time they exceeded half the show time and were still at the fishing arc, I started to worry about the actual plotline being compromised. That said, it was good, just ruined because I would rather sacrifice it than the main storyline when I was calculating timings left.

They finally answered the "Real Bodies in Hospital" question, although being MAL, I expect thousands of other questions (Guys, rewatch episode 1 and focus on "Internal Batteries" Kirito said.)

When I saw Skullreaper in 3D, I went "BUDGET ISSUES!" immediately. I was hoping it will be in 2D, but I'm not complaining too much.

My issue with this episode was how "Foddery" they dressed up the people going to fight the SkullReaper. Some of them don't even wear helmets. These guys aren't fodder noobs, they are high-levelled players that should have at least decent equipment (Like that "Fodder' with the helmet at least.)

The LN emphasized a lot on how crazy the Skullreaper was when it 1HKO'ed the players, who were OBVIOUSLY not newbies, but veterans. We got shocked faces and a one-liner in the anime, but without the explicit mention of them not being newbies, and the lousy dress code the anime team gave them, it didn't have that impact.

Funny how I have the highest expectation for that 1HKO scene among all the Skullreaper scenes.
Sep 29, 2012 6:14 PM
Oct 2011
InfiniteDestiny said:
Candor said:
shanimebib said:

It makes me wonder if Asuna's appearance irl is the same as in the game..

Asuna looks the exact same so no worries...
Good to hear that, because after I saw that guy the mental image of Asuna.. oh, god..

shanimebib said:
Well from what I didn't read, besides gaming and being a wonderful cook, she loves making sculptures. When she was asked to touch her body and imagine her face by the game at the beginning (ref episode 1), she actually used one of her sculptures out of curiosity.

Here is her work.

You can conclude the rest :D
You just made me watch (some of) episode 1 again, and, all I could say is "what a wasted potential.."
Candor123Sep 29, 2012 6:24 PM
Sep 29, 2012 6:19 PM

Dec 2009
Epic boss design again. This anime needs action like this instead of annoying drama stuff.
Sep 29, 2012 6:22 PM

Mar 2012
j4x said:
Epic boss design again. This anime needs action like this instead of annoying drama stuff.

Well, that's bad for you, SAO isn't an action-packed novel and won't be in the anime.
Sep 29, 2012 6:24 PM

Aug 2009
Surprisingly there is less hate than the previous threads.Although the usual ones complain about the same stuff again and again.

Did I see InfiniteDestiny & hyperknees91 agree at some point. Maybe the world is going to end.

@Candor
I am sorry but I promised that I wont defend SAO from ep13 onward if they animate the fishing part,so I cant join InfiniteDestiny and give you the show you wantXDXDXD.And I pretty much accepted that it was pointless to argue about the same stuff again and again.
Sep 29, 2012 6:27 PM
Jul 2012
j4x said:

One of the reasons why I thought SAO cannot be adapted into a "perfect" anime, because its based on a MMORPG, and unlike other game genres*, MMORPGs are firstly known for "create your own character and story", so that screams "Drama is part of virtual life".**

*I know other genres are also featuring this already, but I was pointing MMORPGs was built initially with this entire concept, rather than "Kill boss to end game" - ironically, the premise of SAO, since Kayaba installed a "Game Over" into the game, sub-killing SAO as a MMORPG in one way.

** I know there are gamers out there who play MMORPG with "Crush Bosses" as their only and main motive, but remember SAO is a death game, and I think that alone will largely reduce those gamers to convert to "Casual" status. (I forgot the exact numbers, but they did show that the Front Liners number relatively smaller to the rest.)

Jul 2011
Watch this in 1080p is priceless.

Feb 2012
loved it great pacing as well with all the material they covered
Sep 29, 2012 6:31 PM

Jun 2012
Another amazing episode. Although the fishing wasn't all too exciting, it strengthened their relationship ever further, and motivated them to continue. I am glad that their time on vacation has finally ended so that we can get back to some epic action. I'm hoping that the boss fight will be a real fight and not just some superpower blow that kills it, but whatever is fine. I wonder if they started the main story (focusing on clearing each level and boss) or what. Anyway, 5/5 of course. Can't wait for next week's episode.

Sep 29, 2012 6:32 PM

Aug 2008
Blitzschnell said:
j4x said:

One of the reasons why I thought SAO cannot be adapted into a "perfect" anime, because its based on a MMORPG, and unlike other game genres*, MMORPGs are firstly known for "create your own character and story", so that screams "Drama is part of virtual life".**

*I know other genres are also featuring this already, but I was pointing MMORPGs was built initially with this entire concept, rather than "Kill boss to end game" - ironically, the premise of SAO, since Kayaba installed a "Game Over" into the game, sub-killing SAO as a MMORPG in one way.

** I know there are gamers out there who play MMORPG with "Crush Bosses" as their only and main motive, but remember SAO is a death game, and I think that alone will largely reduce those gamers to convert to "Casual" status. (I forgot the exact numbers, but they did show that the Front Liners number relatively smaller to the rest.)

You must have never watched .hack xD. I think that anime right there should kill any expectations that MMORPGS anime's are action based. And this one further helps to prove that haha.
Sep 29, 2012 6:32 PM

Mar 2012
Best fucking episode since episode 1. This is what this show should be about dammit. It was perfect, well almost, I admit that the first half, at least to me, was kinda shitty, the fish thing was kinda funny but then Asuna's talk was boring and I kinda wanted to stop watching it but what good luck I didn't. The monster is really scary, and the fact that Klein is in that battle makes it a lot better. Oh Klein, I bet he's gonna die here, I hope not though.

btw, haven't you guys notice that the art lately has being kinda not so good anymore? or is it just me?
Sep 29, 2012 6:34 PM

Aug 2009
I can imagine next week's ep being full of hate already.

edit:Facepalm at my tags........
ssjokgSep 29, 2012 6:37 PM
Sep 29, 2012 6:34 PM
Jul 2012
hyperknees91 said:
Blitzschnell said:
j4x said:

You must have never watched .hack xD. I think that anime right there should kill any expectations that MMORPGS anime's are action based. And this one further helps to prove that haha.

I don't, I admit it straight on now. I also don't have to time to start watching another anime (I barely have time to catch up on SAO, MLATE and read my manga series), so you have to take me for "ignorant' for now.
Sep 29, 2012 6:35 PM
Aug 2012
uneksia said:
Best fucking episode since episode 1. This is what this show should be about dammit. It was perfect, well almost, I admit that the first half, at least to me, was kinda shitty, the fish thing was kinda funny but then Asuna's talk was boring and I kinda wanted to stop watching it but what good luck I didn't. The monster is really scary, and the fact that Klein is in that battle makes it a lot better. Oh Klein, I bet he's gonna die here, I hope not though.

btw, haven't you guys notice that the art lately has being kinda not so good anymore? or is it just me?

The remaining budget for the next few episodes will probably be poor.

Not sure if that will change on 14/15 though.
Oct 2011
ssjokg said:
@Candor
I am sorry but I promised that I wont defend SAO from ep13 onward if they animate the fishing part,so I cant join InfiniteDestiny and give you the show you wantXDXDXD.And I pretty much accepted that it was pointless to argue about the same stuff again and again.
lol it's ok bro, yesterday was fun too despite hiding the popcorn for today. :P Fall season is already here and summer has ended, SAO threads and pointless arguments are no more I guess, saturdays and sundays are gonna be full again with better shows, so more people might drop SAO, unless it actually got better. (this episode brought hope again for this series)

uneksia said:
I wonder if it has something to do with A-1 Pictures' other project? I think they got a whole lot of new projects for this fall don't they? In addition to old ones.

Jan 2009
what i love about Sword Art Online is the animation of the fighting scenes, people complain about the battle animation scenes as kinda static and not Sakuga enough but this is Limited Animation as its finest here
Sep 29, 2012 6:37 PM

Aug 2008
Blitzschnell said:
hyperknees91 said:
Blitzschnell said:
j4x said:

I don't, I admit it straight on now. I also don't have to time to start watching another anime (I barely have time to catch up on SAO, MLATE and read my manga series), so you have to take me for "ignorant' for now.

This is all you need to know.

26 episodes of no action and slow plot pacing (and when I mean no action I mean none). So yeah it set the bar for MMORPG anime's haha.

Though let's be real...most mmorpg players sit around and chat with friends most of the time anyway.
Sep 29, 2012 6:40 PM

Aug 2008
j0x said:
what i love about Sword Art Online is the animation of the fighting scenes, people complain about the battle animation scenes as kinda static and not Sakuga enough but this is Limited Animation as its finest here

Uh that fight was entirely made of freeze frames for the most part. Go watch Fate/Zero, you'll see some real quality animation there (or Kuroko if you want to see some well animated...basketball hah)
Jul 2012
hyperknees91 said:
Blitzschnell said:
hyperknees91 said:
Blitzschnell said:
j4x said:

26 episodes of no action and slow plot pacing (and when I mean no action I mean none). So yeah it set the bar for MMORPG anime's haha.

Though let's be real...most mmorpg players sit around and chat with friends most of the time anyway.

I'm a MMORPG player myself, and that is indeed very true. MMORPGs thrive on community aspects, and that what SAO still has as an MMOPRG, even if it had a 100-boss & levels system.

Guess I don't have to watch the other show, I already have a long list of "Anime I might watch in the future if I ever have the time and motivation".

Jan 2008
hyperknees91 said:
Blitzschnell said:
hyperknees91 said:
Blitzschnell said:
j4x said:

Yes, I'm sure everyone here would love to watch 25 episodes of Kirito grinding for ~10 hours.
Sep 29, 2012 6:41 PM

Jun 2010
Haha, nice discussion you got there. I'd also like it to be a 24 - 25 episodes of SAO not only volume 1 and 2 but also the other side stories of SAO arc + a little bit of ALO and a cliffhanger for the last episode hinting for a season two. The problem is too much of a side story will be boring. But I believe it won't matter since SAO arc is awesome overall + people will be waiting for the season two no matter what you do.
( Didn't really read the discussion but that's the topic right? )

Anyways, about this episode, I feel that the quality just dropped big time. What I mean by the quality is the animation department. A lot of frames were poor. The scenes were just proceeding like 2x speed and the talking was just continuous. It's nearly hard to grasp what is happening without thinking what is really happening ( for the non-ln readers at least ). Yeah, they could do a better job this episode but I bet they were lazy as **** because they are fking A-1!!! But considering on their performance in this series so far, this work is not really surprising. That rant is about the fishing part btw. About the boss fight, it was well done? I guess it was but I expected more action. Good fight overall,

About the ALO arc being 10 episode-ish, I hate it. I just feel like all of what I want to see and to experience in ALO arc will not be animated completely. I don't know what could they possibly do now. Nothing I guess... Oh wait, if having ten episodes means we wont see the protagonist then Im totally in for it!!!
-MgZ_Sep 29, 2012 6:53 PM
Sep 29, 2012 6:45 PM

May 2012
did i miss an episode or something? what happened to random aura knockoff girl?
Looting isn't a crime. Its a survival skill, like arson and assault. Now go broke for anarchy.
Sep 29, 2012 6:45 PM

Aug 2008
Paul said:
hyperknees91 said:
Blitzschnell said:
hyperknees91 said:
Blitzschnell said:
j4x said:

Yes, I'm sure everyone here would love to watch 25 episodes of Kirito grinding for ~10 hours.

I would like to see him chat and form more relationships with people outside of Asuna though sigh. I feel like even in that aspect this show is kinda handling it poorly (compared to .hack at least).
Sep 29, 2012 6:46 PM

Jan 2009
hyperknees91 said:
j0x said:

Uh that fight was entirely made of freeze frames for the most part. Go watch Fate/Zero, you'll see some real quality animation there (or Kuroko if you want to see some well animated...basketball hah)

i know ive watch Fate/Zero and a lot of anime movies like Sword of the Stranger... but like i said Sword Art Online's battle scenes are not that Sakuga enough but its Limited Animation at its finest that cleverly uses those freeze frames that you describe XD
Sep 29, 2012 6:48 PM

Dec 2010
hyperknees91 said:
Paul said:
hyperknees91 said:
Blitzschnell said:
hyperknees91 said:
Blitzschnell said:
j4x said:

I would like to see him chat and form more relationships with people outside of Asuna though sigh. I feel like even in that aspect this show is kinda handling it poorly (compared to .hack at least).

You forget the other side to that, if they did that people would really complain that this is a harem, when at best it has harem tendencies; this is no more a harem than Bakemonogatari, since Kirito has a solidified pairing with Asuna
Sep 29, 2012 6:49 PM

Aug 2008
j0x said:
hyperknees91 said:
j0x said:

i know ive watch Fate/Zero and a lot of anime movies like Sword of the Stranger... but like i said Sword Art Online's battle scenes are not that Sakuga enough but its Limited Animation at its finest that cleverly uses those freeze frames that you describe XD

I don't think you should be praising the animation...rather the directing of that scene if anything. I think the music is what works to get people pumped up, but let's be real...that scene almost feels exactly the same as the minotaur fight (the same music starts and then switches at almost the same time of the fight).

I'll praise the minotaur fight because it was suitably shoneny, but this really feels like copy paste...with worse animation.
Sep 29, 2012 6:49 PM

Mar 2012
Dessiato said:
The remaining budget for the next few episodes will probably be poor.

Not sure if that will change on 14/15 though.

oh, thanks for the info.

Candor said:
I wonder if it has something to do with A-1 Pictures' other project? I think they got a whole lot of new projects for this fall don't they? In addition to old ones.

that might be why too.

haha, i'm glad that i'm not the only one who noticed.
Sep 29, 2012 6:50 PM

Aug 2008
InfiniteDestiny said:
hyperknees91 said:
Paul said:
hyperknees91 said:
Blitzschnell said:
hyperknees91 said:
Blitzschnell said:
j4x said:

You forget the other side to that, if they did that people would really complain that this is a harem, when at best it has harem tendencies; this is no more a harem than Bakemonogatari, since Kirito has a solidified pairing with Asuna

Uh it doesn't have to be with just females, like said .hack had all the characters interacting with everybody (several genders in that show).
Sep 29, 2012 6:52 PM
Jul 2012
hyperknees91 said:
Paul said:
hyperknees91 said:
Blitzschnell said:
hyperknees91 said:
Blitzschnell said:
j4x said:

I used imagination to cover it up. I assumed Kirito was a introvert generally. So when SAO converted to a death game that is basically real life, he naturally reverted back to his original nature. That, plus he was a beater (and the inital stigma of beasters) plus the Black Cats incident naturally forced him to be less communicative than others.

Notice how he was pretty fine with teaching Klein initially before the Death Game was announced? If there was no Death Game, he might have even joined Klein's Guild. But the Death Game and the Mirror of Truth forced him back.

Sure, its all my opinion, but considering the psyche of people due to the internet/MMORPGs being anonymous does a lot of attitude changing when it comes to communication, so I find my own opinion to be completely logical.
Sep 29, 2012 6:56 PM

Aug 2008
Blitzschnell said:
hyperknees91 said:
Paul said:
hyperknees91 said:
Blitzschnell said:
hyperknees91 said:
Blitzschnell said:
j4x said:

I used imagination to cover it up. I assumed Kirito was a introvert generally. So when SAO converted to a death game that is basically real life, he naturally reverted back to his original nature. That, plus he was a beater (and the inital stigma of beasters) plus the Black Cats incident naturally forced him to be less communicative than others.

Notice how he was pretty fine with teaching Klein initially before the Death Game was announced? If there was no Death Game, he might have even joined Klein's Guild. But the Death Game and the Mirror of Truth forced him back.

Sure, its all my opinion, but considering the psyche of people due to the internet/MMORPGs being anonymous does a lot of attitude changing when it comes to communication, so I find my own opinion to be completely logical.

But the thing is. He helps out everyone just naturally even after that incident, and he obviously formed a relationship with the black guy at the shop (we just never saw any of that).

He's not thattt introverted (he pokes fun at other characters a lot and is suitably chatty like with the old man in this episode).

I think people like to treat Kirito like he's Tsukasa (.hack) which from what I've seen, he's anything but.
Sep 29, 2012 7:02 PM
Jul 2012
hyperknees91 said:
Blitzschnell said:
hyperknees91 said:
Paul said:
hyperknees91 said:
Blitzschnell said:
hyperknees91 said:
Blitzschnell said:
j4x said:

But the thing is. He helps out everyone just naturally even after that incident, and he obviously formed a relationship with the black guy at the shop (we just never saw any of that).

He's not thattt introverted (he pokes fun at other characters a lot and is suitably chatty like with the old man in this episode).

I think people like to treat Kirito like he's Tsukasa (.hack) which from what I've seen, he's anything but.

He's still a loner-type. Being Introvert doesn't mean you completely void yourself of communication and friends. It means you are a whole whole lot selective about people you actually make friends with, and they are more important to you. (Oh, and according to text I read, these people are a whole lot more talkative with friends or people they hit off well with.)

People can still be helpful to the general public but choose not to be close friends with them. It feels a bit of a bummer to those he helped but didn't exactly friend, but even in real life, it happens.

He just appreciates being alone a lot more, which was why he didn't join a huge guild like KoB initially (in addition to the Black Cats incident.)

I just read up on this topic like yesterday, so I can't be too far from wrong xD
Pages (13) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» Overall do you enjoy watching SAO? What do you like about it? :) ( 1 2 )

Rinrinka - Apr 15

72 by katnissmaezie »»
May 16, 1:05 AM

» What even is SAO anymore? ( 1 2 )

Jason-Skyrunner - Apr 27

53 by soli1239 »»
May 6, 8:27 PM

» We need a reboot

Superninjaboy2 - Mar 15

32 by Jason-Skyrunner »»
May 1, 5:20 PM

Poll: » Sword Art Online Episode 23 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

bippo - Dec 8, 2012

480 by amf85 »»
Apr 27, 5:20 PM

Poll: » Sword Art Online Episode 19 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Nov 10, 2012

680 by amf85 »»
Apr 27, 2:32 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.