Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Sword Art Online (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (13) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »
Sep 29, 2012 3:39 PM

Nov 2007
Paul said:
InfiniteDestiny said:
Paul said:
InfiniteDestiny said:
shanimebib said:
InfiniteDestiny said:
baril said:
excellent, but not the cliff hanger I had expected

That would have been way to crammed, while it would be a great cliffhanger they would have needed to

But isn't the title of the next episode is practically the spoiler itself?

Well episode 15 title is even more of a spoiler; it is what it is i guess

Every title is a spoiler. They might as well change the episode title to the light novel volume and chapter number.

I would say that is exaggerating...How is Black Swordsman, or Warmth of Heart and such spoilers? I mean that is like saying every title to every anime episode is a spoiler; titles are suppose to give some indication of what the episode is about, but i can hardly call that a spoiler; only some cases are titles to blunt, like episode 15 being called

Every title is a spoiler for the light novel readers. There, and we all know how SAO light novel readers love talking about future spoilers in discussion threads. /has done it several times.

Haha. This is the case for every Manga/VN/LN adaptation out there.
Stay Home and Wash Your Hands.
Protect Yourself. Protect Your Loved Ones.
Protect Your Community and Help Defeat
Coronavirus.
Sep 29, 2012 3:39 PM

Sep 2012
Awesome episode, i love the way they showed heathcliff taking on the boss with a calm expression while everyone else had their rape face on lol

i also enjoyed that fishing part, im glad they found time to animate it, it was a nice starter to what is about to come

i was hoping that they would animate the part where they mention how the all the 25th tier bosses are all uber bosses (25th 50th 75th) because its an important part of the story and also the reason why the 75th boss is ultra difficult (one hit kill)

i look forward to "the end of the world" and the reaction of all the anime viewers when they see the fireworks :D
Sep 29, 2012 3:40 PM
Jun 2011
this is some strong boss
Sep 29, 2012 3:41 PM

Feb 2012
Great episode!
I have no complaints with the way they adapted it :D
Oh, but it would have been better if it was a cliffhanger~

And yeah...they should have used a different episode title for next week...
Sep 29, 2012 3:46 PM

Nov 2007
Way too much time spent on the fishing and forced drama stuff. Well the fishing wasn't terrible. It was also nice for Asuna to bring up what's happening with their bodies for once.

FINALLY ACTION!

Hope the bald blacksmith guy and Klein live. They are pretty cool.

Oh hey Heathcliff is rather badass. He doesn't take shit from this Reaper. Background fodder characters dying like nothing.
Sep 29, 2012 3:46 PM

Jan 2012
Now thats what I call a boss. I wonder how many survivors will there be after this dungeon.

Sep 29, 2012 3:53 PM

Feb 2012
Good. Not much flames yet :D
Only one I see is about the episode title~
Sep 29, 2012 4:01 PM

Feb 2012
Sango_chan_desu said:
can someone tell me - why in one scene in sao is 2024 - when accel world in 236 and that supposed to be before in time -lol-
sorry,i will not read this 8 page comment -.-

Can't really understand what you said but...
Accel World and SAO are in two different timeplanes and dimension. They aren't related. From what I read in previous threads, THAT'S what the author said but we got hints that they are somehow related...
Sep 29, 2012 4:03 PM

Sep 2011
Sango_chan_desu said:
can someone tell me - why in one scene in sao is 2024 - when accel world in 236 and that supposed to be before in time -lol-

Lol? Your grammar was hard to understand.

SAO - 2024 rigt now
Accel world = 2046

Whoever said its before? Accel world is set way after.

They're set in the same time line, as in Accel World the main character states
Sep 29, 2012 4:03 PM

Apr 2009
amginex said:
reading some of the posts here, but it seems like people hate the anime because of poor adaptation from LN/manga (whatever). obviously, ive only seen the anime and im liking it so far. i think anime/manga/LN needs to be separated and be looked at at different expectations. [insert pretentious people who says "well the book is much better" when you mention the movie]

That is not being pretentious, that is having standards. And yes, the books ARE always better. That's why everyone mentions this fact and why movie/anime only people are always looked down upon.

Not that the SAO novel is good, after finishing volume 2 I can say it is bad even compared to most harem novels out there. Fap fiction.
Steel Ball Run anime when?
Sep 29, 2012 4:04 PM

Dec 2010
HauntingShock said:
Sango_chan_desu said:

Can't really understand what you said but...
Accel World and SAO are in two different timeplanes and dimension. They aren't related. From what I read in previous threads, THAT'S what the author said but we got hints that they are somehow related...

I think the author is toying around with the idea if he wants to make it related thus he drops those hints to keep his options open in further development of both stories.
Sep 29, 2012 4:04 PM

Nov 2011
ownosourus said:
Now thats what I call a boss. I wonder how many survivors will there be after this dungeon.

Least 3: Kirito,Asuna, and Heathcliff. It would be bad call kill main characters when SAO is 13/25 and Heathcliff is just too skilled in SAO world to die in fight like that(unlike those "henchman" characters)
Sep 29, 2012 4:05 PM

Mar 2009
All I could think off as they fought that thing was "HOLY CRAP!"...lol...

Its strong enough that it takes Kirito and Asuna to block a single scythe... scary~
K-ON v1.1 ... Please leave you comments on my profile! ^_^
Sep 29, 2012 4:06 PM
May 2011
Once the credits started to roll I got myself a small case of tourette syndrome... Didn't know I had it in me after having watched cliffhangers from quite a few series in my day.
I like board games.
I watch Anime.
Used to be hardcore mmorpg:er.
Now guess why I chose this username.
Sep 29, 2012 4:06 PM

Aug 2012
InfiniteDestiny said:
NettoAzure said:
Oh Jeez, it took 13 episodes for the anime to mention that they got moved to hospitals? At least THAT "PLOT HOLE" got resolved. Hahahahaha. XDDD

Do you even know what a plot hole is? by your logic all anime have plot holes; because almost all anime still have questions asked half way through....wait until the series is freaken over before you call something a plot hole.

Many authors end up with Plot-Holes that they turn into Apparent Plot-Holes which eventually become Plot-Devices as if it were all part of the plan - which sometimes it is, and sometimes it isn't.

I don't think NettoAzure meant too much by it, but the nit-picky-ness is a little funny.

NettoAzure: Just because everything isn't fully explained explicitly, doesn't make it a Plot hole.

I could say: "Well, everything in SAO has to be explained right down to the detail of whether the in-game physics simulator still uses a gravitational acceleration of 9.8 m/s^2, otherwise it's a Plot hole. But that's absurd for many reasons, not least of which is that it misinterprets the meaning of a Plot hole.

Every story ever written has countless "gaps" which are not Plot holes. These "gaps" are filled by the reader's imagination/experience/intelligence. The degree to which the reader/viewer can fill the gaps is what qualifies him/her as an "infant" or an "elementary-level" reader or a "college-level" reader, etc.

Every author/story-teller/anime-writer in history has relied on the intelligence and imagination of his reader/viewer to fill in the gaps. If you can't fill in the "gaps" on your own like "Why wasn't I told that the children were transferred to a hospital?", then you may lack some of the knowledge base or imagination necessary to be viewing SAO, and should watch a simpler anime. SAO is complex by nature.

Imagine a third-grade reader complaining about a college-level book that uses subtle language, never stating things explicitly and requires a student to read between the lines.

The problem is not the book. The problem is that the reader(or viewer) lacks the skills/intelligence/imagination necessary to fill in the "gaps". The complaints are merely an indication of that.
Sep 29, 2012 4:07 PM

Aug 2011
this episode reminded me of Spice and Wolf xD (first half)
Sep 29, 2012 4:08 PM

Dec 2010
Jerrychiang said:
InfiniteDestiny said:
NettoAzure said:
Oh Jeez, it took 13 episodes for the anime to mention that they got moved to hospitals? At least THAT "PLOT HOLE" got resolved. Hahahahaha. XDDD

Do you even know what a plot hole is? by your logic all anime have plot holes; because almost all anime still have questions asked half way through....wait until the series is freaken over before you call something a plot hole.

Many authors end up with <i>Plot-Holes</i> that they turn into <Apparent Plot-Holes</i> which eventually become <i>Plot-Devices</i> as if it were all part of the plan - which sometimes it is, and sometimes it isn't.

I don't think NettoAzure meant too much by it, but the nit-picky-ness is a little funny.

NettoAzure: Just because everything isn't fully explained explicitly, doesn't make it a <i>Plot hole</i>.

I could say: "Well, everything in SAO has to be explained right down to the detail of whether the in-game physics simulator still uses a gravitational acceleration of 9.8 m/s^2, otherwise it's a <i>Plot-Hole</i>. But that's absurd for many reasons, not least of which is that it misinterprets the meaning of a <i>Plot-Hole</i>.

Every story ever written has countless "gaps" which are <b>not</b> <i>Plot-holes</i>. These "gaps" are filled by the reader's imagination/experience/intelligence. The degree to which the reader/viewer can fill the gaps is what qualifies him/her as an "infant" or an "elementary-level" reader or a "college-level" reader, etc.

<b>Every</b> author/story-teller/anime-writer in history has relied on the intelligence and imagination of his reader/viewer to fill in the gaps. If you can't fill in the "gaps" on your own like "Why wasn't I told that the children were transferred to a hospital?", then you may lack some of the knowledge base or imagination necessary to be viewing SAO, and should watch a simpler anime. SAO is complex by nature.

Imagine a third-grade reader complaining about a college-level book that uses subtle language, never stating things explicitly and requires a student to read between the lines.

The problem is not the book. The problem is that the reader(or viewer) lacks the skills/intelligence/imagination necessary to fill in the "gaps". The complaints are merely an indication of that.

You need to use [ ] instead of < > lol :P
Sep 29, 2012 4:10 PM

Aug 2012
InfiniteDestiny said:

You need to use [ ] instead of < > lol :P

Done ^_-
Sep 29, 2012 4:11 PM

Aug 2010
The Skull Reaper seems like the type of boss that would cause me to yell at the game for how much hp he has and how his physical attacks are too powerful.

Jul 2009
Tyrel said:
Sango_chan_desu said:

Lol? Your grammar was hard to understand.

SAO - 2024 rigt now
Accel world = 2046

Whoever said its before? Accel world is set way after.

They're set in the same time line, as in Accel World the main character states

true,sorry,messed it up -.- i was about to delete it,but i was already quoted O.o
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.

Apr 2011
draker said:
Meh, the still frames during the fight are really pathetic.

lol
*DEAD*
"I left everything I own in One Piece" ~ Gol D. Roger
Sep 29, 2012 4:12 PM

Aug 2011
HauntingShock said:
Accel World and SAO are in two different timeplanes and dimension. They aren't related.

I swear Accel World and SAO were in the same Universe.
Sep 29, 2012 4:20 PM

Jul 2012
awesome fighting scene!!111!!1!!

Dec 2010
Awaki said:
HauntingShock said:
Accel World and SAO are in two different timeplanes and dimension. They aren't related.

I swear Accel World and SAO were in the same Universe.

Well since they are written by the same author there are many links and connections as to their relation (like the Nerve Gear being show in Accel World) imo its just a matter of how connected they really are; like there are even theories that Kuroyukihime is Kiritos daughter and such, they are related, its just a matter of how related they really are.

May 2011
I enjoyed the fishing part. I adore fishing in games, not so much in real life. But in WoW, Animal Crossing, and Final Fantasy XI. I definitely had to mention FFXI because fishing up a boss to fight was exactly it! Any Tsuritama and SAO crossover fanart just because of this episode yet? XD

Oh, and of course the rest was amazing. I was a bit uncomfortable about Asuna's declaration of suicide. But only because I pictured her trying to take the boss down by herself, pretty much a suicide but more...gracefully put?

The Reaper's ribs in particular creeped me out. Them bones are not meant for that kind of articulation! D:
Sep 29, 2012 4:22 PM

Aug 2008
Jerrychiang said:
InfiniteDestiny said:
NettoAzure said:

Many authors end up with Plot-Holes that they turn into Apparent Plot-Holes which eventually become Plot-Devices as if it were all part of the plan - which sometimes it is, and sometimes it isn't.

NettoAzure: Just because everything isn't fully explained explicitly, doesn't make it a Plot hole.

I could say: "Well, everything in SAO has to be explained right down to the detail of whether the in-game physics simulator still uses a gravitational acceleration of 9.8 m/s^2, otherwise it's a Plot hole. But that's absurd for many reasons, not least of which is that it misinterprets the meaning of a Plot hole.

Every story ever written has countless "gaps" which are not Plot holes. These "gaps" are filled by the reader's imagination/experience/intelligence. The degree to which the reader/viewer can fill the gaps is what qualifies him/her as an "infant" or an "elementary-level" reader or a "college-level" reader, etc.

Every author/story-teller/anime-writer in history has relied on the intelligence and imagination of his reader/viewer to fill in the gaps. If you can't fill in the "gaps" on your own like "Why wasn't I told that the children were transferred to a hospital?", then you may lack some of the knowledge base or imagination necessary to be viewing SAO, and should watch a simpler anime. SAO is complex by nature.

Would be ok, but the series did end up explicitly telling you what happened to their bodies...so no it was treated as a plot hole until now. Which begs the question...if they were going to tell you what happened to their bodies...why not just do it in episode 1? I mean really..seems kinda silly.

Anyway's the issue of them being at the hospital wasn't the main plot-hole, the main problem was how they got to the hospital in the first place if by being unplugged it would kill them.
Sep 29, 2012 4:24 PM
Jul 2012
@InfiniteDestiny
You curious to know more about rederoin?! My my... what the hell am I gonna do with you? heh
Hmm...listen son...I'm glad that you finally interested in someone...but I never would have imagined you swing that way son...This is why I forbid you to watch Boku no Pico.

@InfiniteDestiny
All right, enough bullshit. I get it I get it... you're a fanboy yes indeed I know. Now then why don't you just tell me how many Asuna action figures do you have? Could you please show me? Asuna with panties would be great.
Signature removed. See your messages for more information.
Sep 29, 2012 4:28 PM

Apr 2009
FailAtLife said:

@InfiniteDestiny
All right, enough bullshit. I get it I get it... you're a fanboy yes indeed I know. Now then why don't you just tell me how many Asuna action figures do you have? Could you please show me? Asuna with panties would be great.

True fans buy the ones where you can take of the pantsu. After all they're limited and extra expensive. God, how predictable Japanese otakus are...
Sep 29, 2012 4:30 PM

Jan 2008
Nidhoeggr said:
FailAtLife said:

@InfiniteDestiny

True fans buy the ones where you can take of the pantsu. After all they're limited and extra expensive. God, how predictable Japanese otakus are...

Easy money.

Anyways, there's nothing wrong with defending a series you enjoy.

*insert everything is subjective rant*
Sep 29, 2012 4:31 PM

Aug 2011
Now now FailAtLife and Nidhoeggr, if you're going to flame then please:

PS SAO anime sucks.
Sep 29, 2012 4:32 PM

Apr 2009
Awaki said:
Now now FailAtLife and Nidhoeggr, if you're going to flame then please:

Are you a Japanese otaku? If so, I apologize. If not, no need to feel attacked. I'm just stating how the businesss works.
Sep 29, 2012 4:35 PM

Sep 2012
Jerrychiang said:

LOL @ SAO is complex.
Sep 29, 2012 4:35 PM

Sep 2011
This episode felt as if it was a little rushed. I liked all of it, the heart warming story of the end of Asuna's nightmares, the intense fight scenes with the Skull Reaper. i just wished that they would have slowed down a little. I also really liked the fact the old guy's voice reminded me of Yorurichi in cat form from like the beginning of Bleach. Kirito+Asuna+Healthclif+Klien+Egil vs Skull Reaper, who will win?
Sep 29, 2012 4:37 PM
Oct 2011
draker said:
There was still some good action after and before those still frames, but I agree they kinda ruined the moment, but after that came good action.

SO, the fishing part was good until Asuna decided to save Kirito for the 100th time.
The 2nd half of the episode was surprisingly good (probably because I saw Klein and that black guy), the boss' design was also great, let's hope next episode won't be another disappointment.

Btw why is the thread so dead today? Did we hide the popcorn and chips yesterday for nothing? >.>
Sep 29, 2012 4:38 PM

Aug 2011
Candor said:
Btw why is the thread so dead today? Did we hide the popcorn and chips yesterday for nothing? >.>

Because people finally realized there are better anime out there.

Jokes aside, you tell me.
Sep 29, 2012 4:39 PM

Sep 2011
FailAtLife said:
@InfiniteDestiny
You curious to know more about rederoin?! My my... what the hell am I gonna do with you? heh
Hmm...listen son...I'm glad that you finally interested in someone...but I never would have imagined you swing that way son...This is why I forbid you to watch Boku no Pico.

@InfiniteDestiny

Troll detected. Nice scores on your list..lol. So much hate as usual in these threads.
Sep 29, 2012 4:40 PM

Sep 2012
Candor said:

SO, the fishing part was good until Asuna decided to save Kirito for the 100th time.
The 2nd half of the episode was surprisingly good (probably because I saw Klein and that black guy)

It makes you wonder why they didn't have any episode centered on this black dude.
Sep 29, 2012 4:40 PM

Apr 2012
Candor said:
draker said:
There was still some good action after and before those still frames, but I agree they kinda ruined the moment, but after that came good action.

The 2nd half of the episode was surprisingly good (probably because I saw Klein and that black guy), the boss' design was also great, let's hope next episode won't be another disappointment.

Because the SAO defense force is not fully assembled yet. Might as well put another soda in the fridge while we wait.
As a child, I was told that society is a melting pot of talents; knowledge and experience combined to form important alloys that will contribute to mankind. When I got to highschool, however, I thought that it's more like a river in which the water represents our peers while we ourselves are the stones in the river. Constant erosion by mindless majority sheeping has made us lose our unique edge. After I hit the age of 18, I realized that I've been wrong all along. Society is no melting pot. Society is no river. Society is a person, a very skilled rapist, and he has fucked us all.
Sep 29, 2012 4:41 PM
Mar 2010
hyperknees91 said:
Also according to before...the reason they got moved to hospitals is because of the internal battery...but wait they were allowed to disconnect from the internet but still couldn't even remove it? How does that even work?

Guess there goes that logic.

Disconnection is not the same as logging out. Break the connection, and software will attempt to re-establish the connection until it hits it's programmed time out limit. Logging out is essentially a shut down command to the software. What's holding them captive is the NerveGear itself. Without receiving a proper shut down command, it won't release them from the virtual environment, and will kill them if it's disconnected for too long.
Sep 29, 2012 4:46 PM

Aug 2008
GrayArchon said:
hyperknees91 said:
Also according to before...the reason they got moved to hospitals is because of the internal battery...but wait they were allowed to disconnect from the internet but still couldn't even remove it? How does that even work?

Disconnection is not the same as logging out. Break the connection, and software will attempt to re-establish the connection until it hits it's programmed time out limit. Logging out is essentially a shut down command to the software. What's holding them captive is the NerveGear itself. Without receiving a proper shut down command, it won't release them from the virtual environment, and will kill them if it's disconnected for too long.

So yes you are required to read the light novel to understand anything sighs.

That's pretty strange considering in any other game being disconnected counts as logging out but whatever, a reason is a reason. Guess they just hang in limbo for awhile.
Sep 29, 2012 4:52 PM

Oct 2011
Was expecting a crappy fishing episode with the usual side-dish of crappy romance,but instead it look like I got a meal where the cook actually tried to make it good.

About the 1st half:
It was actually better than I expected.The comedy & the art was good........yeah,that's about it.The rest was meh.

2nd half:
Well,that was actually pretty good.Mostly because of the action & Mr. Superhero Astronaut Pirate cook Klein.

Rant:
I still have my issues with the romance & still don't like Asuna.

Candor said:

No,I brought hamburgers for everyone.We can have that while we wait.
My Devianart

Oh & Space Brothers is still the best anime ever,in my opinion.Even when competing with Attack on Titan.
Sep 29, 2012 4:54 PM

Dec 2010
hyperknees91 said:
GrayArchon said:
hyperknees91 said:

That's pretty strange considering in any other game being disconnected counts as logging out but whatever, a reason is a reason. Guess they just hang in limbo for awhile.

Once again, i don't know how many times this has been said already....you shouldn't expect the anime to spell everything out for you whether its a novel or a manga or a game or whatever, the anime never adapts every last detail; leaving out somethings is common sense, to fill in these gaps (learn the difference between gaps and plotholes already...i mean seriously T_T) you need to use imagination; you know the whole "i think this happens because of this" and who knows it may just explain itself, after all it only has half a series left...not much right?

You can't say there are plotholes in a series that isn't over; some series wait until the very end to piece everything together; just look at Steins;Gate (and before all of you go, how dare you compare S;G to this crap, i was simply referring to the reveal at the end, calm down...even tho i like SAO i will admit anyday that S;G is way better)
Sep 29, 2012 4:57 PM

Dec 2010
Jeddy017 said:
I still have my issues with the romance & still don't like Asuna.

Well if you didn't like Asuna before you likely won't like her in the future, after all

Sep 29, 2012 5:00 PM
Mar 2011
Nidhoeggr said:
amginex said:
reading some of the posts here, but it seems like people hate the anime because of poor adaptation from LN/manga (whatever). obviously, ive only seen the anime and im liking it so far. i think anime/manga/LN needs to be separated and be looked at at different expectations. [insert pretentious people who says "well the book is much better" when you mention the movie]

That is not being pretentious, that is having standards. And yes, the books ARE always better. That's why everyone mentions this fact and why movie/anime only people are always looked down upon.

Not that the SAO novel is good, after finishing volume 2 I can say it is bad even compared to most harem novels out there. Fap fiction.

so people who prefer the movie/anime have no or lower standards than people who says manga/books are better? hahaha thank you for proving my point. what are you going to say next? that the anime/movie adaptation sucks because its not what you imagined it would or should be? hahaha pretentious douches are pretentious
"....i am the villain in this story"
Sep 29, 2012 5:01 PM

Aug 2011
Love the interactions between Kirito and Asuna. They're the best when one is trying to comfort the other and they're desperately finding some hope to cling on to, I truly get a sense that they're 'real'.

Asuna's speech before the teleport about Kirito was really sweet, her soft spoken voice put a tear to my eye. I'm really glad they mentioned the hospitalised bodies issue as that's been a hot topic since its debut. Also it gave an opportunity for her express her aspirations with him in life. Again a very emotional moment.

Above all, this is the episode that made me really, really love Asuna. She was so sweet during the country getaway but this situation was what brought her character out for me.

Their sense of teamwork is an exciting spectacle in battle. That boss looks absolutely creepy too.
Sep 29, 2012 5:02 PM
Oct 2011
SetsukoHara said:
Candor said:

The 2nd half of the episode was surprisingly good (probably because I saw Klein and that black guy)

It makes you wonder why they didn't have any episode centered on this black dude.
Now that you mention it..

btw just imagine how awesome would've SAO been if Klein or that guy were MCs.

Awaki said:
Candor said:

Because people finally realized there are better anime out there.

Jokes aside, you tell me.
Better anime =/= Better anime discussion pages, it's actually the opposite.

BloodRequiem said:
Candor said:
draker said:

Because the SAO defense force is not fully assembled yet. Might as well put another soda in the fridge while we wait.
Let's hope they're not gonna take a long time to assemble, I got some important things to do tomorrow, watching some better shows namely.

Jeddy017 said:
Candor said:

No,I brought hamburgers for everyone.We can have that while we wait.
Oh thanks. It's 2 am here and if they're taking too long might just hide the popcorn and that hamburger and eat them tomorrow morning while watching Space Brothers.
Sep 29, 2012 5:08 PM

Sep 2012
This was one of the better episodes of the series, finally got some good psychological insight from the characters, can't wait for the next episode :D
Sep 29, 2012 5:13 PM
Apr 2011
This episode was ass. The part where Asuna was reminiscing about Kirito was soooo bad. The old man was just smiling thinking 'man, I could be fishing right now.... yep, I could have caught like four fish by now...'

I'm getting sick of dudes getting ohko'd. Even if the boss was super strong, those are all dudes that have been living in the SAO world for over two years fighting the entire time. You'd think they would be able to hold their own at least for longer than no time at all. >.>
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the General Forum Guidelines.
Sep 29, 2012 5:15 PM
Mar 2010
hyperknees91 said:

No, disconnection is just an extreme of lagging. Other games treat it as "logging out" because they hit their programmed time limit for attempting to reconnect, then automatically log you out. SAO kills you instead, but has a much longer time out limit.

Nor was any of this explained in the light novel, unless you count the allowable time limit for disconnection being mentioned in Kayaba's speech at the start.

Simply thinking about it would tell you that if all it took to save someone was disconnection from the Internet, then it would have been easily done long ago. For the whole setup Kayaba has to work, changes would have to be made client side to turn the NerveGear into a death trap, or else it would be trival to free people.
Sep 29, 2012 5:22 PM

Jul 2012
3/5 total. I enjoyed some parts yet the romantic parts made me facepalm.

The fight is kinda boring IMO. Shounen animes with fighting are usually like this. They fight a monster and then defeat it. Later they find a more powerful monster. It will look like they will lose but they win in the end. Derp. And repeat the process.
Pages (13) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» Overall do you enjoy watching SAO? What do you like about it? :) ( 1 2 )

Rinrinka - Apr 15

72 by katnissmaezie »»
May 16, 1:05 AM

» What even is SAO anymore? ( 1 2 )

Jason-Skyrunner - Apr 27

53 by soli1239 »»
May 6, 8:27 PM

» We need a reboot

Superninjaboy2 - Mar 15

32 by Jason-Skyrunner »»
May 1, 5:20 PM

Poll: » Sword Art Online Episode 23 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

bippo - Dec 8, 2012

480 by amf85 »»
Apr 27, 5:20 PM

Poll: » Sword Art Online Episode 19 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Nov 10, 2012

680 by amf85 »»
Apr 27, 2:32 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.