Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Oct 26, 2008 4:49 PM

Jul 2008
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------

*Mod edit*
aeroNov 17, 2008 3:39 PM
Oops! I appear to be incapable of following Rules 16 and 17, so I had to have a mod change my sig for me.
Oct 26, 2008 5:44 PM

Nov 2007
Well, it's feeling a lot more like the manga now. Looks like the rest of the series will be focusing on the Kagura and Yomi relationship, as well as

Episode 4 gets a 5/5 from me, and I love the OP and ED sequence.

Oct 26, 2008 6:48 PM

Dec 2007
I find it hilarious that the people who loved the first few episodes hate this episode and the manga
while the people who love the manga, hate the first few episdoes and like this one
Oct 26, 2008 7:42 PM
Jul 2008
OP is finally out ^ ^
Oct 27, 2008 10:38 PM

Aug 2008
Good opening.

This series is starting to look like a good series... Though ep 1 was horrible, and ep 2 wasnt much better.
Oct 27, 2008 11:21 PM

Jun 2008
one of the best series this fall for me!
Oct 28, 2008 12:41 AM
Jul 2008
Thefountain said:
one of the best series this fall for me!

so far... yes!!!
Oct 28, 2008 1:56 AM

Jan 2008
Good visuals, great soundtrack paired with weak and cliched plot...oh well, I'll switch my brain off when watching this anime. 3.5/5

"There is a road in the hearts of all of us, hidden and seldom traveled,
which leads to an unknown, secret place."
Oct 28, 2008 2:17 AM

Jun 2008
finally an OP
it was a funny episode
LOL @ Micheal-sensei XD
Oct 28, 2008 3:30 AM

Jun 2008
Kagura's slash looks cool, the iron too..
nice episode.. cant wait for ep. 5

Oct 28, 2008 3:53 AM

Mar 2008
what the? 180 degrees genre change from the first two episodes.

I wouldn't say it's good, but it's definitely more enjoyable this way

love the anti-demon boiler XD

The spider demon reminds me of "war of the worlds"
Yes, there was the bad censor (that's one straight line of steam)
then there was the tentacle rape, which was uncalled for..
Oct 28, 2008 4:34 AM

Jun 2008
The story finally begins, The animaton for the OP was very good even though both songs are quite bad. Kagura's father's release of Byakuei didn't look as good in the episode itself.
Oct 28, 2008 6:52 AM

Feb 2008
Yeah I love the opening song :)

Nothing ventured, nothing gained (Girls und Panzer der Film ) / from Nishizumi Miho

Oct 28, 2008 7:44 AM

Jul 2008
Fun episode, as others have stated the OP is excellent, and I absolutely can't get enough of it. I enjoy it, it may be a little cliche, but it's not that bad. Arguably the best soundtrack of the season so far. With any luck, people may start translating Ga-Rei after this, too.

"I'd suck you~" Berri||Desu Ne?
Oct 28, 2008 10:09 AM
Aug 2008
Tekky99 said:
I find it hilarious that the people who loved the first few episodes hate this episode and the manga
while the people who love the manga, hate the first few episdoes and like this one

I am one of the people that really liked the first two episodes purely for the mind screw factor. I don't hate this episode but I'm disappointed that the show seems to be moving away from it nature, which despite the over-the-top action, was fairly serious. The jokes seem really out of place to me. I realize that humor is a good way to get the audience attached to the characters, but does the swordsmith really have to be naked? It's not really funny.

As far as knowing the ending ruining the series, I completely disagree. Finding out what happened to Brandon Heat in episode 1 of Gungrave didn't stop the series from being incredibly awesome. It's interesting finding out how all these people got there. I just hope we find out more about the cast from episode 1 and not focus solely on Yomi and Kagura.
Oct 28, 2008 10:25 AM

Jul 2008
So are they doing this like berserk, where they have a super action packed beginning then they just make their way back up to that point?
Oct 28, 2008 10:52 AM

Jun 2007
fuck yeah for the yuri
though I'd like some more horror/gore back in few episodes too.

OP song is awesome but the video only average. What a shame.
Oct 28, 2008 12:00 PM

Apr 2008
Loved the episode =D Their relationship is so damn cute! I wish I had a sister like that
Btw, Kagura's father Ga-Rei was so much cooler than Yomi's! Lovely art!

Oh and we finally got the op and ending. I really like the opening, the ending not so much but it kinda fits the series
Oct 28, 2008 12:30 PM

Sep 2007
Oh god, this show satisfies me in every aspect

Oct 28, 2008 12:36 PM

Oct 2007
If only that Tentacle a little stronger and smarter than that >_< my wish would have come true T_T

"A Legend is but a tale of a beautiful lie."
Oct 28, 2008 1:03 PM

Aug 2008
So, fanservice episode.

And WTF was that monster at the beginning, a Strider? I felt like it went from Japan to the outskirts of City 17.

Michael-sensei was just stupid and annoying during his first 60 seconds. But after that, I kinda got used to his appearance and funky accent. I think he's supposed to be some American Japfanatic (otaku, maybe?) who makes weapons, cosplaying as a 16th century peasant.
脱ぎません!_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ .

Oct 28, 2008 2:16 PM

May 2008
The lesbian and the ass scene, and then Michael-sensei were plain epicness. Excelent fighting and comic moments, I am loving this series.

The End was ok but it wasn't anything special but the OP was really good
StriderMSOct 28, 2008 2:19 PM
Oct 28, 2008 2:28 PM

Dec 2007
episode 4 was pretty good, i liked it.
they are still continuing the story between those girls and its pretty interesting.
that MICHAEL dude was just hilarious and some of the weapons he made are freaken funny lol xD
i would rate this episode overall a 4 out of 5, it was pretty fun to watch.
Oct 28, 2008 3:35 PM

Oct 2007
good episode and having OP finally XD
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 28, 2008 4:06 PM

Sep 2008
Looks like I am the only one not liking it.
I just can't like having 2 girls in school uniforms fighting for no apparent reason whatsoever. Ep1 was awesome, it looked like something different, and then it went back to classic japanese show, quite sad...for me at least, since everyone else seems to enjoy. Maybe I am just requesting too much :)

Dropped.
Oct 28, 2008 4:16 PM

Oct 2008
man the beginning is the ending. holy shit. lesbian mooching is always a win. this episode is quite funny. especially that iron that emits holiness.
Oct 28, 2008 4:55 PM

Jul 2008
I loved the first scene with the pocky! Kagura is so innocent. :D

I wonder what experience Yomi was talking about when they found that lady near the tunnel.. I'm really starting to like this now!
Oct 28, 2008 5:04 PM

Jul 2008
Shedinja said:
I loved the first scene with the pocky! Kagura is so innocent. :D

I wonder what experience Yomi was talking about when they found that lady near the tunnel.. I'm really starting to like this now!

She just mentioned about valuing your life more cause you don't think there is no consequences with Ga-Rei Nue??? GUESS WHAT....demons and evil always want a sacrifice.......so I am not surprised if Yomi sold herself to evil!

Maybe that's why she is easy to control through demons that might belong to the same family as Nue.

Soulstrider said:
The lesbian and the ass scene, and then Michael-sensei were plain epicness. Excelent fighting and comic moments, I am loving this series.

The End was ok but it wasn't anything special but the OP was really good

LOL ON YOUR COMMENT! REALL FUNNY! BTW which ass do you like....Yomi or Kagura.........:P

Frito said:
man the beginning is the ending. holy shit. lesbian mooching is always a win. this episode is quite funny. especially that iron that emits holiness.

I ADMIT THE FANSERVICE even if I am not a supporter of it......I THINK IT WAS A GOOD START for the maturity of this series. THE CENSORING I HAVE TO SAY WAS STUPID in this episode!
angel999Oct 28, 2008 5:09 PM
Oops! I appear to be incapable of following Rules 16 and 17, so I had to have a mod change my sig for me.
Oct 28, 2008 8:00 PM
Oct 2008
This anime had alot of things going for it great fight sequences wonderful pacing for the story CG done right but the one thing i didnt like was the master why the hell did he have to be over the top to try to be funny it didnt work
Oct 28, 2008 9:08 PM

Aug 2008
An OP finally! The song is a win for me, can't stop listening to it. Fighting w/ an iron. Some plot unfolding. The yuri & fanservice are a plus, but I felt they were kinda forced fanservice. Wonder if this series is going the way of Berserk & showed us the end of a series & then shows up what lead up to it?

4/5 & win for the OP, animation & soundtrack.

Edit: & Aero is doing a good job w/ the subs.
Oct 28, 2008 9:32 PM

Oct 2008
yay, finally an opening and ending
so im guessing the ppl in the orange jumpsuits in episode 1 are nothing right?
why the hell did they show part of that guy's past if he was gonna get killed right from the start? STOP SCREWING WITH MY MIND

im thinking that there's gonna be a 2nd season since this is ZERO and manga is about the girls

pretty good episode but i have to admit that this is looking like another supernatural anime fighting against evil spirits.. o well
-_- michael-sensei...
and i would have soooo picked the chainsaw .. what was she thinking lol
Oct 28, 2008 9:39 PM

Jun 2007
Tekky99 said:

Thats mainly because the people that read the manga bitch and scream about how the show doesn't follow it or how the show has original content in it that explained something different from the manga. The people that haven't read the manga have no idea what to expect so they base their feelings and expectations off the first few episodes. If a show diverges from those first few eps then those people flip out, at least some do.

Personally I loved the beginning episodes simply because the "heros" are real people and can die. I hate most supernatural shows where the main character or characters have power that somehow allows them to survive fatal blows or injuries. As for the current episode, I still liked it a lot since their pulling a Godgrave type story. I love seeing a flash back type story only to learn in the end that the main character is about to die. It gives a sense of "will this happen to be when I'm about to die" type feeling (ie. flashbacks of your life).

So far I think the shows one of the best of the season.
Oct 28, 2008 10:01 PM

Jul 2007
I haven't read the manga and really liked the first 2 episodes... it was fast with a lot of action and cool characters and you didn't know what to expect next... with the last 2 eps it's more like a regular series, nothing special =/
Oct 28, 2008 10:45 PM

Jun 2008
This is by far the best episode yet. It's becoming a lot more like the manga.
Oct 28, 2008 11:17 PM

Apr 2007
As hot as the kiss scene was I think this episode just turned me a tad gay. I love it.
Oct 28, 2008 11:21 PM

Jun 2008
An alright episode, but at least it's starting to go somewhere. I think I'll hang with this one.

Michael-sensei's "weapons" were good for a laugh.
Oct 29, 2008 1:45 AM

Mar 2008
hey someone needs to make a ga-rei-zero fanclub...
Oct 29, 2008 2:47 AM

Aug 2008
5 for tentacles, Iron and crazy blacksmith. Rest is ... uhm, well... weak.
Oct 29, 2008 6:40 AM

Jul 2008
DonKangolJones said:
Aero is doing a good job w/ the subs.

You know, that honestly shocked me too. Not to say that upsets me or anything, I'm quite glad, especially since sMi appears to be defunct.

I still really frickin hope this inspires someone to translate the manga (unless someone really is, and I can't find it, and if they are can you point me in the right direction?), because I'm afraid I may have a mental breakdown of they don't.

myth720 said:
I haven't read the manga and really liked the first 2 episodes... it was fast with a lot of action and cool characters and you didn't know what to expect next... with the last 2 eps it's more like a regular series, nothing special =/

Well, that's mostly due to the fact it's becoming quite apparent that the first two episodes were the end of the GRZ, which takes place sometime before the manga plot begins. It's only a 13 episode series, so we should be rapidly approaching the return of a lot of action. They were even talking about how there were more disturbances lately in this episode, so it's only natural that the action increases little by little. At the same time however, since it's a prequel their creative writing room is a little small, so it's explaining the leadup to why Yomi ended up where she did in those first few episodes and giving more of a backstory to Kagura. The action'll be back shortly, if not... I'm wrong :D
BakayaroOct 31, 2008 7:41 AM

"I'd suck you~" Berri||Desu Ne?
Oct 29, 2008 9:07 AM

Nov 2007
One word: Disappointed.

I was expecting so much from this show, I was looking forward to every single episode and then... I get this. Gave it a 2/5. The only thing that stopped me from giving it a 1/5 was the OP and the fight scene.

I really thought this would be the show of the season. Anyways, still hoping for the characters in the 1st episode to return. Yomi's really cool but I liked them a lot more. Kagura's rather boring.

I'm going to watch a few more episodes to give my final verdict.

Znips: When Shay is born she just crawls back in the womb to shitpost for another year
Oct 29, 2008 2:36 PM

Sep 2007
Until now it's pretty awesome. Hope it won't let me down with a cliché reason why Yomi became the "Bad Guy".
5/5
Oct 29, 2008 4:23 PM

Sep 2007
If this episode is "like the manga" then I'll definitely have to stay away from the manga.

After 3 pretty cool episodes, this one was extremely typical. Hated Kagura's whole, "Oh noes! I can't kill these zombies because they used to be human!" thing. That scenario comes up way too often in anime. The excessive fanservice was kind of annoying too.
Oct 29, 2008 7:01 PM

May 2008
sooo when the the MAIN guy from the manga gonna pop up? I wanna watch it from there.
Oct 29, 2008 8:48 PM

Aug 2007
Pretty good episode, don't see why people are hating, but oh well, everybody's different.

Yeah, the "I can't fight the zombies because they used to be human" stuff was cliche and all, but oh well. I really want to see why Yomi turns evil. >:|

And finally, an opening. Also, the kissing scene/"You have a tight ass" part was good for a laugh.

Aero is doing quite a good job actually, and they have decent release speeds, so. :D

Felli disapproves of this thread.
Oct 30, 2008 2:16 AM
Oct 2008
loving EVERY episode, including this one! I thought Michael-sensei was just hilarious ^^ And the opening - I just had to rewatch it a few times. Now I wonder when the manga's main character's gonna pop up, that is, assuming the production team wants to make him the main protagonist.

and yup, really curious about why Yomi became evil. I want the week to speed up!
Oct 30, 2008 5:22 PM

Jun 2008
The same episode as the last one. The past isn't interesting to me, I hope this was the last episode about it.

The action scenes were bad, but at least we could see Gai-rei.
Oct 30, 2008 7:08 PM
Oct 31, 2008 1:36 AM

Jul 2007
Bakayaro said:
DonKangolJones said:
Aero is doing a good job w/ the subs.

You know, that honestly shocked me too. Not to say that upsets me or anything, I'm quite glad, especially since sMi appears to be defunct.

I still really frickin hope this inspires someone to translate the manga (unless someone really is, and I can't find it, and if they are can you point me in the right direction?), because I'm afraid I may have a mental breakdown of they don't.

myth720 said:

Well, that's mostly due to the fact it's becoming quite apparent that the first two episodes were the end of the GRZ, which takes place sometime before the manga plot begins. It's only a 13 episode series if I'm not mistaken, so we should be rapidly approaching the return of a lot of action. They were even talking about how there were more disturbances lately in this episode, so it's only natural that the action increases little by little.
The action'll be back shortly, if not... I'm wrong :D

next time DONT DISCUSS MANGA BEYOND THE EPISODE AND PLEASE PUT SPOILER TAGS(like what i just did). PLEASE.

and damn, the first 2 eps do really look like the end to the series and that most of the series will be flashbacks. crapshoots. and i wanted to know what happens to kagura after ep 2 :( oh well
Oct 31, 2008 9:09 AM

Feb 2008
Tekky99 said:
And I like both the first few episodes and this too (and definitely there is people like me too). :)
Oct 31, 2008 3:47 PM

Feb 2008
I wish the Main character from Manga show up but will not happend in -Zero- :)

Nothing ventured, nothing gained (Girls und Panzer der Film ) / from Nishizumi Miho

Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Ga-Rei -Zero- Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

angel999 - Oct 5, 2008

282 by Lanz »»
Dec 31, 2023 6:12 AM

Poll: » Ga-Rei -Zero- Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

slayer545-sama - Dec 21, 2008

326 by Archean-Return »»
Jul 19, 2023 6:53 PM

Poll: » Ga-Rei -Zero- Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

removed-user - Dec 14, 2008

76 by Archean-Return »»
Jul 19, 2023 6:04 PM

Poll: » Ga-Rei -Zero- Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

removed-user - Dec 8, 2008

107 by Archean-Return »»
Jul 19, 2023 5:29 PM

Poll: » Ga-Rei -Zero- Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 )

removed-user - Nov 30, 2008

93 by Archean-Return »»
Jul 19, 2023 5:04 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.