Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »
Oct 1, 2012 8:42 AM

Apr 2008
So they made up the closure ?
No wonder Metis' concept is comparably shallow compared to Athena, only as old as the Greek mythology.

At least in this anime, Athena is older than the Olympus pantheon (winged serpent Earth goddess from North Africa), but Metis as her "mother" seems to be derived of concept and authority from Athena.

Reviewing… seems like there’s only two or three major types of gods introduced in this anime.
- Earth gode: rule over crops, life & death and negative elements such as night. Athena, Osiris
- Steel gods: warrior, heroes, demon slayers. Perseus, Ame no Murakumo, probably Vethragna too
Seems that there’s sun gods too such as Apollo and Mithra
Is there any other type in the novel ?

00_Raiser said:
whats the philosophy behind Gilgamesh?
"I'm the King and I'm Awesome" ? ^^;

Actually, I'm curious about what words to cut an elder one from Cthulhu myth.
They're young gods with insanely old “age” and broken authorities (e.g: makes you lost your mind just from seeing them). The creator also deliberately made many of their characteristic as “indescribable” or unknown
nseikaOct 1, 2012 9:52 PM
Oct 1, 2012 11:55 PM

Nov 2011
belatkuro said:
Again, no chance of a season season even if they showed JPS there. Godou doesn't have Ama no Murakumo with him. It's his second Authority and without it, the next arc can't proceed.

I seriously doubt that continuity is the main obstacle between this show and a second season.

Series was all right, I guess. Erica helped.
Oct 2, 2012 6:53 AM

Jul 2010
Well, that wasn't half bad. I especially liked the setting. And of course a proper harem ending! 7/10/

Oct 3, 2012 12:26 AM

Aug 2010
i'm currently watching this episode, but I found out that I can't find the seiyuu of Metis. So I was wondering if Ishihara Kaori is the seiyuu. They sound the same ...
Oct 3, 2012 3:06 AM
Jun 2012
xjust_mii said:
i'm currently watching this episode, but I found out that I can't find the seiyuu of Metis. So I was wondering if Ishihara Kaori is the seiyuu. They sound the same ...

She is voiced by her. If you look at the credits though, you can know the answer...
Oct 3, 2012 9:39 AM

Nov 2007
I guess the anime original stuff could have messed up a 2nd season? I'd actually like to see one. This end just seemed kinda thrown together.

Didn't like the Mettis/Athena stuff or the Athena kiss. Annoying loli can go away.

Dude getting some from all hi s girls was cool I suppose.

It was a good series, but the ending just didn't fit as with most anime original changes. Probably rate it a 7. Liked most of the characters besides the stupid Athena loli.
Oct 5, 2012 11:11 PM

Sep 2011
He has to be the biggest playa ever.

But anyways, the best part of this anime was probably episode 12's make out scene. Overall, decent anime. 5/10
Oct 7, 2012 1:01 AM

Jan 2011
Nice to see a real harem ending--he's a king so why not get all the women? I can think of several ways that they could bring back the storyline to run a second season. We've had one deviation to bend us away from canon, we can have another to bring us back close enough for continuation. As to a final grade, I'll give it an 8. It had an attractive female cast, a great kissing scene with Erica in episode 12, and it also provided some interesting discussion regarding the aspects, powers, and origins of the gods.
Please don't feed the trolls!
In my next life I want to collide at the corner with the cute transfer student
carrying a piece of toast in her mouth
...rodac

Oct 9, 2012 6:35 AM

Apr 2009
"Campione" is the title given to those who succeed in killing a god forming a harem composed of humans and goddesses.

Welcome to the harem, Athena. Well, well. What do you know, Godou gets a harem ending. Not just any "harem" ending. The real thing.

Only in this show can one see the awesome sight of the main getting kisses from all of his harem members during a battle.

Yuri gets first dibs. Ena goes second with her first long kiss with him. Liliana's love comes next, complete with blue swords. That I like. Erica gives him a kiss apparently not as plot device but simply because she loves him. Finally, Athena steals the human girls' thunder and gets away with the "finishing kiss".

It's amusing how the amnesiac Athena was a helpless child who merely gets shoved into the back of a car. I kind of liked that Athena better. Totally harmless and really nice.

Oh, Shizuka. Your troubles with your brother's women never end, does it? A shame that it remained a running joke until the end, without anybody explaining anything. Liliana comes out of this as my favorite among the girls.

"This is a story about the Campione and the women surrounding him." So true.
Oct 12, 2012 2:58 PM

Sep 2011
Tenchi_Ryu said:
Pay attention and pay attention well. This ladies and gentlemen, is a Harem ending. Not that crap where he doesn't make a choice and feels incomplete, a real harem ending where there is no damn need for a choice, cause he gets ALL of them.

Now for my review that's kinda biased lol.

What I look for is a strong male who has a courage, beautiful girls who love him eternally, and a somewhat decent plot that's more than just the ecchi, for me, and a sign that a TRUE HAREM will happen. Campione definitely fits the bill.

I found all the girls likable, and that's a plus when dealing with a harem. While Godou could be dense at times, he has the gift to catch on quick, which was very useful in the series, not only with dealing with enemies, but for him to understand the situation he is in probably for the rest of his life. The action was top notch, the comedy was decent, and I was waiting for the next episode after each episode ending. This and Hagure were my favorite shows, but while Hagure has a better MC imo, Campione had better harem members.

This was the best harem show for me since Sekirei and Sora no Otoshimono, which has similar qualities. I can definitely say this will be added to my personal collection, and will be watched again for replay at some point in time. From a straight up unbiased POV, this gets a 8 out of 10. I'm not a novel reader, so luckily I didn't come in here with expectations from the Novel, I was here to simply be entertained, and I was. From a biased True Harem lover though, this gets a 10 out of 10 from me, had everything I love in an anime and left me very satisfied and eager for more.

A season 2 is probably unlikely, but I'd be more than glad to welcome one.

This. And I love true harem ends haven't seen one since Tenchi GXP.
Oct 14, 2012 6:52 AM

Mar 2011
Yes! A real harem ending! Good series overall, I hope that there will be a second season in the future =)
Oct 14, 2012 8:12 AM

May 2008
8/10 haremnesss ending hope there a season 2 probably not
Oct 18, 2012 5:31 AM

May 2010
Loved it!This series went a long way for me.I had fallen in love with it by the time Liliana came..& now I want a 2nd season....9.4/10.
Oct 23, 2012 5:02 PM

May 2011
Well this was a pretty good ending with some awesome fight scenes. Damn Metis sure was tough to take down, with Godou needing all the kisses that he could get lol. Great to see all the girls get involved this episode and haha I like that typical harem ending.

This anime quickly became one of my favorites of the season and I am desperately hoping for a season 2. I loved this anime and I definitely need to see more Erica! Though this much anime only material is making doubt that's going to happen, but I sure hope that I am wrong.
Oct 29, 2012 2:39 PM

Nov 2010
Overall it was a decent watch. not too great but not too bad either.

7/10
Nov 2, 2012 11:29 AM

Sep 2012
Elite60 said:
"...as I pray upon unlimited kiss works."

Kidding aside, I had a good time watching this. At least Godou took those kisses like a man and enjoyed them.

Appears it's been left open for a S2 if it ever happens.

i died of laughter

Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Nov 8, 2012 10:10 AM

Jun 2012
Cant wait for a second season.

8/10
Dec 21, 2012 4:33 PM

May 2012
That sure was an amazing ending! Such intensity and action all put nicely together! Really great ending really loved this Anime in general, the setting and pace of each episodes where really great! Really loved the whole story and had a great run with this! 9/10
Dec 23, 2012 1:01 AM

Jan 2012
Decent anime turned mediocre by the end..

7/10
Dec 24, 2012 12:58 AM

Sep 2012
This was good, but it could have been longer. I thought that 13 episodes wasn't enough for this series.
Jan 1, 2013 7:16 PM

Aug 2012
pretty rushed and the plot is..not really good. still, the seiyuu for most of the characters did a good job. seriously, this show needs more Athena and Godou's sister XD

6/10

and still waiting patiently for a 3rd season of Spice & Wolf :'|
Jan 2, 2013 12:35 PM

Oct 2011
Overall a nice and enjoyable series, considering that he didn't exactly choose one but seems to see Erica as #1 since he finally believed her confession in episode 12, didn't see a harem ending like that yet.

Some fights were nice, others ok and Erica and Liliana were really nice to look at, well others might prefer the other 2 (+Athena/+the milf from Italy).

A second season would be pretty nice :)
Jan 29, 2013 5:35 PM
Aug 2012
At first I was like oh God there are going to rush the fight, but I thought it was cool when Athena woke up and along with Godou finished Metris off. It's only logical that you need a god and god slayer to defeat a super god.
Mar 30, 2013 6:03 AM

Mar 2013
Finally finished the last episode.. and now my comments...
1) Kusanagi Godou.. Kusanagi Godou.. Kusanagi Godou.. ku-sa-na-gi-go-dou !!! How could i not forgot that name. I wonder how many time people said his full name in an episode..

2) The kisses throughout the series are well done but the one between Godou and Erica on episode 12 is a bit excessive i think.

So.. Metis kiss Athena and absorb her, then Godou got each kiss for the ladies and Athena to defeat the villain. How could i not see this coming ! The more kisses you get, the more powerful you are ! So, basically if there are new enemies,i assume this Kusanagi Godou the god-slayer will just find new girl to kiss and defeat the next villain. :)

Overall, 5/10 from me.
Jul 2, 2013 1:30 AM

Oct 2012
The anime certainly had potential, there's no denying that, interesting concepts need good execution though, something that was rarely present.

There were positives and negatives, but the great majority consisted of the latter unfortunately. Too many uninteresting characters, barely likable protagonist, rushed (and poorly segmented) plot, noticeable repetition, poorly executed (or to be blunt, lazy) plot devices, etc.

5/10, considered a 4, but there was one segment that I can say I enjoyed, everything before was hit and miss and everything afterwards was completely downhill.

NegacionVII said:

2) The kisses throughout the series are well done but the one between Godou and Erica on episode 12 is a bit excessive i think.

One of the few times I've resorted to just fast forwarding, it's been a long time since I've had to do that.
Jul 2, 2013 8:25 PM
Aug 2008
Very much enjoyed the anime. Yes it could have been done better but with only 13 episodes I think they did a great job. I would like to see a S2 giving them more time to develop plot and story. The only negative that I have for it is how every fight gets won the same way. But that said its an easy fix that they already allude to. All in All very much hoping for a S2 as ep 13 left me wanting more...hopefully these first 13 were just a teaser
Jul 19, 2013 4:28 AM
Photojournalist

Apr 2007
This is one of the worst anime I EVER completed. There was no progress, the male protagonist was a giant pussy(like most male characters in ecchi anime), and the story was all over the damn place. FINAL SCORE: 4/10. Fuck knows why I bothered to complete it.
Jul 19, 2013 5:24 AM

Mar 2013
I wouldn't say it's quite that bad, but it did get a bit repetitive get beat up kiss girl then win got boring after the second/third time.

Jul 24, 2013 10:09 PM

Sep 2011
He finally pulled out kissing the 5(Though I didn't expect Athena will kiss him) girls in one episode.

Aug 26, 2013 1:41 PM

Aug 2013
Well it was a good run i loked its opening and ending song really catchy good harem with a story :) nice anime looking forwad to season 2 :)
AqUar!An
Sep 1, 2013 12:10 PM

Jun 2011
All the inconsistency, the bad directing, the "ecchi" scenes, the rushed part, the.. everything.. well at least the art and the harem is good enough, so 4/10. Quite disappointed actually. Not gonna hope for a second season.

P.S. Metis backstory was quite tragic, but it was so rushed that no one actually feel anything out of it ~.~
Honobono Log - best slice of life short
--------------------------------------------
most kawaii loli overlord
----------------------------
Donquixote Doflamingo AMV - Control
Sep 14, 2013 3:14 PM

May 2011
I enjoyed the series, will follow up on the LN.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 25, 2013 8:12 AM
Jul 2018
WHY ISN'T THERE A 2nd SEASON YET?

This series I knew I was going to give it a 10/10 from the first episode onwards, and I was correct. this series gets a 10/10 from me.
Sep 26, 2013 6:36 PM

Apr 2012
I get the feeling that this was seriously abridged from its original form, but I can't seem to find much on the manga. Throughout the show it seemed to skip around a lot only to have some character fill in what happened with just a sentence or two. There were some loose ends like Voban and Salvatore, but not like other shows. It seems the process of making this anime was rushed. Similar to what happened with the Eragon movie.
I like Hentai, you like real life.
Instead of complaining about my tastes, be grateful you now don't have to compete against me.
Oct 25, 2013 10:07 AM
May 2013
Typical shounen ending.-_-

The first half was great but then it became average.
Oct 31, 2013 7:40 PM

Jan 2011
For an anime with a really heavy-handed harem, it's surprisingly free of jealous girlfriends, and of calling the MC pervert. I just watched Index II (To Aru..), and i can easily imaging Index biting Touma when she herself pushes him onto another girl. Heck, some situations can be interpreted as setting up so she can bite him.

Whereas here the girls get along quite nicely. Some teasing, some nagging..and no "pervert" or anything, despite some really fitting scenes. Like when Godou came to save Liliana from Athena. But instead of hitting the unconscious Godou, she saw that he saw nothing and simply dress herself correctly again. Also, that scene in episode 12 between Godou and Erica. Perfect for the others to barge in. They missed that opportunity somehow.

I also loved Godous UBW/Gate of Babylon mix. Thousands of swords aligning themself, locking onto the target, like there would be a huge magnet. As someone mentioned before on one of the early episodes, Godou knows how to use it, unlike for example Kuchiki Byakuya. Even Gilgamesh is only firing them one after another, so "easy" to block. Emiya Shirou is excused as he can't let them fly (or can he?).

The last fight was especially nice, with them changing color and realigning several times. Other heroes might have better powers, that don't require you to know a thing about your enemy, but most don't look that nice.

Overall quite nice. I wouldn't mind a second season. As i didn't read the LN, i don't care if they take some liberties to bend it back on track or simly continue with what they have.
Nov 13, 2013 1:07 AM

Jul 2012
This whole Metis arc is an anime original and might ruin the final fight between Godou and Athena if they do decide to make a second season. Took a little too much liberty in changing the source material. Those of you who didn't exactly like the anime should try the novels. This adaptation suffers from the same problems faced by other LNs turned anime - rushing, a really abridged plot line, deleted scenes, poor characterization among other things. It's quite disappointing considering the fact that I did like the novels although the kissing bits in the anime are REALLY toned down. Believe me if you thought these scenes were too much here then you wouldn't be able to read through the print version w/c really resembles those love scenes in harlequin romance novels lol. 5/10 for me.
Nov 14, 2013 7:22 PM

Apr 2011
This was a fun series, I really liked it. Only complaints is that it seemed really rushed and they didn't introduce all the other campiones. It seemed like a lot of material and wasn't able to be covered in 13 episodes, would have been better if they ran this through two seasons (24/25 episodes), it would have made this a lot stronger series.
Dec 1, 2013 8:52 AM

Sep 2013
I really wanted to like this anime but I can't give it more than 5/10.

It was so full of the worst anime clichés that I couldn't help but cringe every single episode.
It seems that a big part of informations were cut, making the whole thing not "fluid" at all.
Dec 10, 2013 5:03 PM

Jan 2008
For me it was a better then i thought finale but it would have been better if the fight was a 2 episode fight would have been better but with what there was it was pretty good though well for the most part I do wish there would be a second season but from what it sounds like there isnt going to be one though/
Dec 18, 2013 8:04 PM

Apr 2011
Was there a reason to watch this besides the high quality kissing ?

4/10

would have probably rated lower if kissing wasn't involved lol
Jan 21, 2014 7:45 AM

Oct 2013
Not much of an Harem ending, it should have ended with Godou chosing Erica or any of them as his girl.. well Harem ending isn't that bad anyways, and there were some new characters that shown by the end of this episode, i wonder if there'll be a second season, i wouldn't mind for a second season though since Campione has a lot of potentials.

Overall score 8/10
Feb 26, 2014 12:29 PM

Aug 2009
Ignoring the convenient awakening of Metis...
The Boar was destroyed by the smallest target ever,how he was summoned is a mystery to me.
Metis,if she was written by the author, and wasnt just a vengeful spirit, but a real god would be great for the LN.
Athena's char was utterly destroyed.
Human's arent supposed to be able to fight gods yet the girls were able to fight Metis for one day?Even if ALL of them had the power of the Youth, that wouldnt be possible.

Nice John Plutp Smith cameo...too bad that only LN readers know him.And it didnt show much anyway...

2/10
Feb 27, 2014 8:51 AM

Aug 2013
5 kisses, not a bad show... to be honest, I'm kinda glad he had a sister... if it had been his cousin .... 6 kisses would have been incoming (it is anime after all... cousins are fair game it seems)

could have been worse, it was a little cliche but the characters were amusing and kinda fun... plus the twist on mythology was a nice touch (unlike the twist on medieval of a certain fate/stay night series... why couldn't Shirō and Saber be together *sniff*)

still enjoyable romp though.

although highlights the general consensus anime and manga although based on the same story, characters and limelight.. differ so much so... but taken separately both enjoyable in equal elements
Feb 27, 2014 8:42 PM

Aug 2009
deplorable said:

could have been worse, it was a little cliche but the characters were amusing and kinda fun... plus the twist on mythology was a nice touch (unlike the twist on medieval of a certain fate/stay night series... why couldn't Shirō and Saber be together *sniff*)

Lets see mythological chars of Campione! vs Fate/.Fate/ easily wins.ANd before you go on about Arthur

And they didnt say together because they arent immature horny kids.
Mar 14, 2014 5:01 PM

Nov 2008
i thought it was awesome. it would be awesome if it could get another season

May 17, 2014 12:08 AM

Oct 2013
this was a surprisingly good plot for an ecchi nor saying i don't like ecchi anime just the plot was real XD really good animation quality the use of the cgi was sooo good
that athena on athena kiss <3 ( i know there not the same XD)
godou was a good mc imo
will def watch season II if/when they make it
[/quote]
Dec 24, 2014 1:44 PM

Jun 2012
Damn he kissed every girl in this episode. One of the best final boss fights I have ever seen. I really enjoyed the ride, but it could have been better, 8/10
What is the most cowardly and shameful thing in human conduct? It's when people with power and people who flatter them hide in safe places and extol war, force patriotism and self-sacrifice on others, then send them to the battlefield to die. For the sake of peace in the universe, before we continue this fruitless war with the Empire, mustn't we first start by exterminating such evil parasites? - Yang Wenli
Jan 12, 2015 10:31 AM

Nov 2009
6/10. Show had some good stuff in it but was bogged down by skipping over certain bits of information that would provide a better understanding of whats going on and also does info dumps at strange times during the show, There seemed to be a constant habit to make events randomly happen during the show, Such as this episode where the problem seemingly came out of nowhere.
Jan 16, 2015 4:46 AM

Dec 2008
NOt bad. Certainly twisted the hell out of traditional myths like crazy, and the whle veiled anti christ " king of kings" demon king angle along with al lthe secret society, magician stuff was funny. BUt really this had more..."action" in it than most harem shows I have seen in a long time...COMBINED! Truly them kisses, especially the final one with Erica was pretty steamy. All the implied eroticism and orgasms just made me smile lol funny show with all said and done. Not bad at all!! Oh and the kid version of athena looked waaay to similar to other girls in a bunch of animes =p 6.5/10 ( for all dat steam ^.-)
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Campione!: Matsurowanu Kamigami to Kamigoroshi no Maou Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Sep 21, 2012

205 by Vindicater »»
Apr 17, 5:35 PM

Poll: » Campione!: Matsurowanu Kamigami to Kamigoroshi no Maou Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Sep 14, 2012

82 by Vindicater »»
Apr 15, 5:44 PM

Poll: » Campione!: Matsurowanu Kamigami to Kamigoroshi no Maou Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Aug 31, 2012

79 by Vindicater »»
Apr 9, 10:10 PM

Poll: » Campione!: Matsurowanu Kamigami to Kamigoroshi no Maou Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Aug 24, 2012

91 by Vindicater »»
Apr 9, 1:47 AM

Poll: » Campione!: Matsurowanu Kamigami to Kamigoroshi no Maou Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Aug 17, 2012

101 by Vindicater »»
Apr 7, 5:45 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.