Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Sep 21, 2012 8:41 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------

I lol'd @ a more embarrassing like manner personality from Athena. See, the girl is a girl after all. Ena also shows a more yandere/darker side of herself this episode during her battle against Erica.

Overall, it was an emotional and "tasty" episode especially in the latter half :>
Sep 21, 2012 9:25 AM

Feb 2009
Welp, only Susanoo in the shed. He was suppose to be with two other gods in there and they play a little yet important role for later.

The second half was pretty dragged, I can't believe it took all the time...for the main event of the arc. Welp, that kissing scene was pretty borderline, even implying coitis(for the record, nothing happened to them). Still, that was pretty intense, much more when I read it in the novels. Probably because of the moaning.
I liked the additional part where Godou talked to Verethragna there. Plus, Matsuoka Yoshitsugu's shouting is pretty intense. Props to him.
Might look like a copout/deus ex with the Youth incarnation but if anyone was counting(read: no one), Godou has shown 9 incarnations so far. That makes it 10.
Also, Erica's statements here about loving Godou still feel a bit empty without the whole development from volume 3 that was completely removed. Oh well.

And that's how Athena plays out in all of this, though this completely removes the prospect of a second season. With the absorption of Ama no Murakumo plus Athena playing a role(seriously, a second persona?) which is suppose to be for later, I doubt they can fix all of this for a second season(No reverse trap Sayanomiya Kaoru showing up in this part). Oh well, just stick to the novels and just enjoy the last episode then.
Sep 21, 2012 11:27 AM

Aug 2012
:O at that angle@17:07

Kissing sound effect aside, the way they kiss feels more erotic than romantic.

But overall I enjoyed the Ep xD Just that OP at the end feels weird..
Sep 21, 2012 11:52 AM

Mar 2011
Not liked this ep.
Sep 21, 2012 12:43 PM

Aug 2008
Sexy..
Sep 21, 2012 1:54 PM

Feb 2008
For a moment I thought they had sex haha. :)

Anyway oh yeah I knew it it wasn't Athena that eat that guy in the previous episode.

Nothing ventured, nothing gained (Girls und Panzer der Film ) / from Nishizumi Miho

Sep 21, 2012 4:09 PM

Jul 2010
Gotta love how the kissing scene just dragged on and on with those visuals of implying they were doing it.

Noticed the ED was changed up a bit this episode.
Sep 21, 2012 4:41 PM
Apr 2012
loved this episode. thought they had sex when erica got a fever or something no subs so im not really sure. 2 Athena's cool i think 1 is Medusa cuz i think i hear him say Medusa
Sep 21, 2012 5:14 PM

Mar 2009
Spoiler for everyone this episode contains some MAJOR make out scene. Hot and sexy! ^_^
K-ON v1.1 ... Please leave you comments on my profile! ^_^
Sep 21, 2012 7:27 PM

Jun 2011
That pose.... They are JUST "kissing", right?
Sep 21, 2012 10:44 PM
Oct 2008
Godou is so aggressive when he uses the Youth form lol the VA's did a great job
Sep 21, 2012 10:48 PM

Nov 2011
wow.....lol what a episode.....
Hate Keeps me warm
Sep 21, 2012 10:52 PM

Jun 2012

Lol Godou steppin up like a man, holy shit that was an intense makeout session. He even put his grabbed her hand through her knee

Episode started out crappy but got better as it progressed thankfully with an interesting setup for the finale. Even though Godou has gotten more action than Akatsuki from Hagure Yuusha, I can't decide who is the better ladies man.
HybridMBLSep 21, 2012 11:14 PM
Sep 21, 2012 10:57 PM

Dec 2010
Thus why Godou is better than the average harem MC; he doesn't wuss out over kisses XD that said great GodouxErica development which is a major plus since she is the best in the harem anyway

Hybridbloodszak said:
Even though Godou has gotten more action than Akatsuki from Hagure Yuusha, I can't decide who is the better ladies man.

Godou's harem is way way way better; it isn't even close
Sep 21, 2012 10:59 PM

Jun 2012
damn the kissing...Erica makes it look like she's pregnant
Sep 21, 2012 11:14 PM

May 2012
lol, look at athena being all bashful n junk
Sep 21, 2012 11:24 PM

Jan 2008
Geez...I wish they'd just !@#$ already.

Jokes aside, that Seishuuin sure is nonchalant in the most dire of situations...makes me think she cares nothing of her life.

I also wonder what Godou and Susanoo talked about right before he went to save Erica.
Estoy_GordoSep 21, 2012 11:30 PM
Sep 21, 2012 11:28 PM

Apr 2011
Man, that kiss is erotic.
Sep 21, 2012 11:36 PM
Jun 2012
Most sensual kissing I've seen so far in an anime. Damn that was intense lol.
Sep 21, 2012 11:40 PM

Jul 2012
Damn that guy's even rougher than me.
Sep 21, 2012 11:46 PM

Jul 2010
I think they toned the ecchi/hentai down? Or did they really just had a rough make out session in the novel?

If I have some free time soon, I'm gonna edit the hell out of this scene. #ifyouknowhatimean >:)
Sep 21, 2012 11:51 PM
Jun 2012
redd530 said:
I think they toned the ecchi/hentai down? Or did they really just had a rough make out session in the novel?

If I have some free time soon, I'm gonna edit the hell out of this scene. #ifyouknowhatimean >:)

"Let your imagination run wild?" We won't stop you. Give it your best. (Is this what you mean?)

Speaking of which, that Psycho Athena's VA... any idea?
Sep 22, 2012 12:02 AM

Oct 2010
A Hot.... episode. Damn the kissing was so intense , Erica didnt had to show as if she got pregnant.
Sep 22, 2012 12:04 AM
Oct 2008
redd530 said:

Nah he was quite aggressive in the novel as well when he uses the Youth form his quite a beast lol. I think his even more aggressive in the anime because it never mentioned he lifted her legs up like they were in some intensive missionary style lol :P

She acted like she was pregnant because he needed to deliver the divine powers down to her elixir field or dantian(in chinese look it up on wiki if your curious) which is around her stomach area which stores the mana but yeah she does mentioned it felt like their child is in her in the novel to tease Godou :P
MrChuSep 22, 2012 12:14 AM
Sep 22, 2012 12:12 AM

Nov 2007
Damn "insert his divine protection". They really went hard with the innuendo and tone there of here officially being harem mate. Godou went for it for once. Maybe a bit too intense, and lasted too long.

And already kissed by another girl? Chicks love dudes of power .... or god slayers whatever.

2 annoying loli Athenas? Yuck
Sep 22, 2012 12:15 AM

Feb 2011
Wow, I mean wow, this anime is certainly a first, but I can't shake the feeling that there won't be a second season sadly
Sep 22, 2012 12:16 AM
Jun 2012
mystik said:
Damn "insert his divine protection". They really went hard with the innuendo and tone there of here officially being harem mate. Godou went for it for once. Maybe a bit too intense, and lasted too long.

And already kissed by another girl? Chicks love dudes of power .... or god slayers whatever.

2 annoying loli Athenas? Yuck

1 is cute, 1 is psycho...
Though, when you have 2 of them, is the same as fighting 2 of small version of "Psycho Gundams"

And are there any updates on the VA?
Sep 22, 2012 12:18 AM
Oct 2008
dim100 said:
Wow, I mean wow, this anime is certainly a first, but I can't shake the feeling that there won't be a second season sadly

The way they are ending with their very own story line and no longer following Vol 5 novel there is a likely hood there will be no season 2 which is quite disappointing because it becomes way more interesting afterwards
MrChuSep 22, 2012 12:25 AM
Sep 22, 2012 12:33 AM

Nov 2008
quite the sensual (and aggressive was aggressive and such in the novels too) kissing and now we venture into more or less anime original territory with this athena stuff so onto the anime original ending and no season 2 sadly
sirwenceSep 22, 2012 12:38 AM
Sep 22, 2012 12:38 AM

Oct 2010
MrChu said:
dim100 said:

The way they are ending with their very own story line and no longer following Vol 5 novel there is a likely hood there will be no season 2 which is quite disappointing because it becomes way more interesting afterwards

its too soon to assume that i guess , there are 13 novels published till nw + novels is ongoing and the next one is the last episode , story in anime covered only the 1st 5 novels so i dont think they can compress the remaining 8 novels in a 30 min episode.
Sep 22, 2012 12:46 AM

May 2011
Godou is the MAN!!!
Sep 22, 2012 12:49 AM
Manga Moderator
Sleepy

Jul 2009
He's been acting all standoffish this entire time and it turns out he's a beast in disguise. Shame I watched that scene before I read it.
Sep 22, 2012 12:54 AM

Apr 2012
It might have been my imagination but I think I picked up on some subtle innuendo during the "divine protection" scene...
Sep 22, 2012 1:08 AM

Sep 2012
So he injected her his "protection". Ha han.
Sep 22, 2012 1:13 AM

Apr 2010
Jeez, the way Erica acted after made it sound like she was knocked up.

As for the "other Athena", if the subs are right, the show is confusing with the mythology characters. Because the subs are saying the other is Metis, who was the mother of Athena in greek mythology. So not quite sure how she would be the "other Athena". But this does explain who really killed Perseus in the earlier episodes.
Sep 22, 2012 1:59 AM

Jun 2010
Omg. Im speechless. Im laughing my ass off in that sex kissing scene. Can't stop laughing. She's dying and "Im gonna inject my divine protection on you" While in that position and camera angle. HAHAHAHA.

Also this. I really thought they are having sex.

"I can feel you inside me" What exactly is divine protection? They made it look like Erica is a hentai character.

Good episode overall, i guess. I really wish I met Erica in a different Anime. I like her character =(
Sep 22, 2012 2:13 AM
Apr 2011
belatkuro said:
Welp, only Susanoo in the shed. He was suppose to be with two other gods in there and they play a little yet important role for later.

The second half was pretty dragged, I can't believe it took all the time...for the main event of the arc. Welp, that kissing scene was pretty borderline, even implying coitis(for the record, nothing happened to them). Still, that was pretty intense, much more when I read it in the novels. Probably because of the moaning.
I liked the additional part where Godou talked to Verethragna there. Plus, Matsuoka Yoshitsugu's shouting is pretty intense. Props to him.
Might look like a copout/deus ex with the Youth incarnation but if anyone was counting(read: no one), Godou has shown 9 incarnations so far. That makes it 10.
Also, Erica's statements here about loving Godou still feel a bit empty without the whole development from volume 3 that was completely removed. Oh well.

And that's how Athena plays out in all of this, though this completely removes the prospect of a second season. With the absorption of Ama no Murakumo plus Athena playing a role(seriously, a second persona?) which is suppose to be for later, I doubt they can fix all of this for a second season(No reverse trap Sayanomiya Kaoru showing up in this part). Oh well, just stick to the novels and just enjoy the last episode then.

I have to agree... they crushed the chances of getting a second season... although i can't say they have done abad job sofar... although they have deviated alot at this point... since susanoo was meant to be with Yuri's ancestor... and some weired immortal monk. Athena was kinda cute while the other Athena was missing afew screws... I will admit that Erica and Godou's moment seemed alittle empty without the developement in volume 3 but the kissing scene was alot more intense... How i wish they continued this series up to volume 7 with the amazing kissing scene that is present in that volume.

I guess all we can do is hope they end well and since i don't see how they can make a season 2 at this point i guess i can only look forward to later volumes of the LN getting translated. Also although the chances seem slim there could be a second season depending on how they end this.
reallybigshrimpSep 22, 2012 2:16 AM
Sep 22, 2012 2:29 AM
Oct 2008
-MgZ_ said:
" What exactly is divine protection?

The form Godou uses is the Youth form which is the ability to grant divine protection to those who swears loyalty to the user which is the condition to activate the Youth form.

The divine protection is the holy war god's protection(Verethragna). The seal of the victor bestowed by the glorious hero. It's similar to what Ena gets from Susano it temporarily strengthened Erica's body and mind it's like pouring Mana into her but with divine powers. Pouring divine powers onto a regular human can be quite painful as he has to pour it deep down to her elixir field where mana is stored.

Just some little info for those who doesn't get why she's in alot of pain during the kiss scene.
Sep 22, 2012 2:33 AM
Apr 2011
tangytangerine said:
Jeez, the way Erica acted after made it sound like she was knocked up.

As for the "other Athena", if the subs are right, the show is confusing with the mythology characters. Because the subs are saying the other is Metis, who was the mother of Athena in greek mythology. So not quite sure how she would be the "other Athena". But this does explain who really killed Perseus in the earlier episodes.

.... Well i think its because alot of these godesses are Athena's previous selves... she can use medusa's eyes to turn what she sees to stone would be a good example... Sorta like Perseus... he was both Mithra and Perseus in otherwords he has gone by many different names and thus has many different abilities that stem from said names so when Godou severed his authority of Mithra Perseus didn't die. >..< i find it really confusing but i think thats how it works.
Sep 22, 2012 2:48 AM
Jul 2018
Amazing episode from amazing anime,cant w8 next episode for huge battle!
Sep 22, 2012 3:12 AM

Jul 2008
The kiss scene was so exaggerated that it was hard to take it seriously. It was about the time he threw her leg over his shoulder that I asked myself "what the fuck am i watching right now?"
Sep 22, 2012 3:26 AM

Nov 2011
Most hardcore french kiss XD

Sep 22, 2012 3:27 AM

May 2010
The kissing scene is amazingly erotic !

And what's up with Athena she is acting all innocent and dumbfounded like she got an amnesia, could it because of her little fight with Metis !?
Sep 22, 2012 3:28 AM

Jan 2010
I don't even know where to start......
I though Erica was joking around
Then sh!t got real
Now they start kissing
I will Inject you with my Divine Protection
Then sh!t got real (LMAO, seriously I was LOLING hard around my chair with those positions)
I will Inject you with my Divine Protection
LOL, Erica exaggerate much
Liliana & Yuri trying to save Godou and Erica
Then sh!t got real? Guess who came? ATHENA??? NO METIS? WAIT WHO??
Ohh, I forgot all about Ena
-__-
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 22, 2012 4:08 AM

Aug 2012
MyAmy said:
The kissing scene is amazingly erotic !

And what's up with Athena she is acting all innocent and dumbfounded like she got an amnesia, could it because of her little fight with Metis !?

In some ways, you can consider Metis as an unstable/chaotic titan (precursor of the Greek gods). The Athenian goddess "born" from Metis and Zeus was more "regal" in depiction.

So this portrayal of the two goddesses (two versions of the same archtype deity) in Campione is rather appropriate, all things considered.

I didn't mind the kissing scene at all. The dramatic/dying scene with Erica, however, should have used a more "fatalistic" tone. There was no need to have Erica gasping for breath for an extended period of time; it would have been more dramatic, ironically, if she calmly - even quietly - told Godou her impending doom...the last wishes of someone resigned to death.

Instead, they went with the "desperate" tone...which is fine, but kinda out-of-character for someone like Erica.
Sep 22, 2012 4:35 AM

Oct 2010
Man i dont even see a kiss like that in Hentai. LMAO
Sep 22, 2012 4:35 AM
Sep 2011
I thought Erica just got mouth rape.
Sep 22, 2012 4:53 AM

Oct 2010
bonifide said:
Man i dont even see a kiss like that in Hentai. LMAO
jakeslogan said:
I thought Erica just got mouth rape.

lol
Sep 22, 2012 5:15 AM
Jun 2008
what da (bleep) tell me did this godou just “do it” just seem got blonde italy female now knocked up & pregnant?!

watching 12eps wonder with all wonder finale ep be like?
LIVING THE GS-LIFESTYLE
MR.GS
JUST ON THE JOURNEY THROUGH THE ANIME WORLD
THE KLAC OF ANIME WORLD
you either with ANIME http://myanimelist.net/clubs.php?cid=24159 or against the anime
Sep 22, 2012 5:15 AM

Sep 2012
that drama between Godou/Erica was kinda uncomfortable to watch...made me want to dry reach. Hopefully the last episode will change my mind in thinking this series is a 6 and not a 5.
..this space under construction...
Pages (5) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Campione!: Matsurowanu Kamigami to Kamigoroshi no Maou Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Sep 28, 2012

171 by Toolbot »»
Apr 21, 5:17 AM

Poll: » Campione!: Matsurowanu Kamigami to Kamigoroshi no Maou Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Sep 14, 2012

82 by Vindicater »»
Apr 15, 5:44 PM

Poll: » Campione!: Matsurowanu Kamigami to Kamigoroshi no Maou Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Aug 31, 2012

79 by Vindicater »»
Apr 9, 10:10 PM

Poll: » Campione!: Matsurowanu Kamigami to Kamigoroshi no Maou Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Aug 24, 2012

91 by Vindicater »»
Apr 9, 1:47 AM

Poll: » Campione!: Matsurowanu Kamigami to Kamigoroshi no Maou Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Aug 17, 2012

101 by Vindicater »»
Apr 7, 5:45 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.