Forum Settings
Forums
Suzuka
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Mar 14, 2014 2:00 AM

Sep 2013
I finally finished this manga.

I don't know why people are bitching about the ending. I thought it was pretty satisfying.

I can't help but laugh when I saw that wedding photo. All of the girls present in that photo made advances to Yamato in the past and now they're attending the wedding XD.
"I have been wielding a blade since before your were swimming around your father's scrotum." - Kurou
Oct 17, 2014 10:49 PM
Jul 2012
That was an ending! Overall this anime was great. It makes me think about my future for the most part and how not to fuck it up. The sad part is that Yamato can't live up to his promises of track and field and Suzuka. Well at least for the time being for her. There's also the part where their high school won't be getting any more recommendations too...

This anime put me throuh some really happy, sad, and mad moments. Suzuka was a good manga and I'm happy that I've read it. Kimi no Iru Machi is still, in my opinion, better! Ahh...another manga I've finished. Gonna be nostalgic eh? Here we go! Binging on anime/manga at he moment! Let's se what the anime/manga industry has to offer!
Jan 8, 2015 2:38 PM

Apr 2014
7/10 It was very consistent and I enjoyed it. But compared to KNIM, well I enjoyed KNIM more but some arcs were really boring in KNIM. Suzuka was consistent throughout the whole story and the story always had a central focus, although I feel like this manga could've gone on to Yamato vs Arima race, that would've been a great ending.
Jun 19, 2015 3:04 AM

Feb 2012
This manga was never that good to begin with: slap stick humor, pretty typical drama, Suzuka being an absolute cunt.

But it all clicked at one point for some reason, the cringeworthy moments and mistakes that our protagonist would make, the slight and occasional transformations that Suzuka make (and no she's not really a tsundere, more like a complete tsun and then a complete dere, so no), and most of all, how soothingly and seamlessly the sports backdrop was weaved into the rather melodramatic plot. Thus this made not only the plot all the more engaging for us adrenaline junkies but also the conclusion all the more powerful. Perhaps it was a romantic ending, an unrealistic antithesis to the brutal suffering that our protagonist had endured. But it wasn't. Because Suzuka was still a cunt (though a nicer one, if even possible), our protagonist still an airhead, and just like the manga stated at the end, everything was still pretty much the same when compared to their times in HS.

And I think I like that. It didn't feel forced or anything-- no tragic ending nor complete disaster had to accompany the wholesomely organic slice of life feel and vibes that the manga had given off throughout its entirety. I especially loved the cheesy, albeit warming, foto of the couple with their friends and well ex's in the wedding photo. I also read the special but having the final moment be encompassing of a captured moment in time-- friends having a good time, uniting despite past hardships-- pays a strong homage to what the manga was really all about from beginning to end.
Jul 20, 2015 5:24 PM

Jun 2014
This MC.. kind of guy I hate the most..

Yesterday he likes Saki
Honoka shows up, then he likes Honoka
Suzuka return from america, He was just regretting not confessing to Honoka. But then when he see's Suzuka, he was like "oh it was Suzuka who I liked all along".. wth

but still a good read.. :) 8/10

Aug 2, 2015 11:07 PM
Jul 2015
kerrynutz said:
This MC.. kind of guy I hate the most..

Yesterday he likes Saki
Honoka shows up, then he likes Honoka
Suzuka return from america, He was just regretting not confessing to Honoka. But then when he see's Suzuka, he was like "oh it was Suzuka who I liked all along".. wth

but still a good read.. :) 8/10

yeah I was pissed at that too. I kinda wanted to see him screw Yui though LOL. I was kinda sad that she left the story until the last few chapters. I wish it was her to be Yamato's love interest while Suzuka was gone instead of Honoka AGAIN. Other than that, amazing read.
One dream that will probably never come true: A full anime adaptation of Kimi no Iru Machi or Suzuka anime reboot.

"It Happens."
Oct 11, 2015 4:47 AM

Mar 2013
Well there are many things I'd like to say but let's see...

The manga really started as okayish with annoying characters like Suzuka (being all stubborn and bitch) and Yamato (Irresponsible and annoying, yeah said twice). We were never presented Suzuka's monologues and what not but of Yamato's everytime. I guess that's one of the reason, people came to hate her until the ending. We were presented Yamato's hardships most and so I think the series name should've been "Yamato" lol.

I would've given the manga low score if it weren't for the ending... like really. Those last 10 chapters really redeemed the series a lot. Tho considering how past paced it got during the ending while being all slow and going into circles for rest of its journey. Liked the idea of throwing realism into the ending parts. Taking responsibilities of your actions, your mistakes, its consequences and coping up with the society even while abandoning your future. Yes, it may have not gone too well irl, it was presented nicely imo.

But disappointed in the sports genre. There were many opportunities to make Yamato shine in the track and fields department and would've hold great potential, but guess it all ended with everyone's expectations remaining unfulfilled of Yamato without really achieving anything till the very end.

Also, would've been great if we get to see other characters getting some spotlight. Was only glad to see Yuuka's story in the sideline. Hattori was introduced in the beginning and i thought he'd play some major role or something but hardly he got any screentime in it...

About last chapter-
Lol Hattori flirting with Miki was really cute and funny to see XD As I said, the should become a couple already.

That wedding pic with everyone got me real hard :')
It was annoying journey but guess having happy ending really topped it off.

8/10 for me (Coz of those last 10 chapters)
Mar 27, 2016 7:09 PM
Dec 2015
very happy with how it ended!! glad to see everyone happy and at their wedding!
But cant help but wish for honoka to regret not being with yamato haha probably would have preferred them as a couple but seeing yamato and suzuka happy thankfully doesnt leave me too dissapointed that yamato and honaka didnt end up together.
Overall an amazing anime and manga!!
Aug 31, 2016 10:42 AM

Aug 2013
I hated Suzuka in most times, but it ended very well. I love the whole story. And the art was awesome, everything was detailed and female characters were drawn superwell.
And a Christian wedding, huh? Nice.
Btw, she is not Fuka (I checked scans, because I was curious if tls did it correctly, but they didn't), but Fuuka. Yes, it's a huge difference.

PS I don't understand the whole hate for the ending. Really.
rsc-plAug 31, 2016 10:45 AM
Dub = fake crap. Always.
Dec 21, 2016 4:27 AM

Apr 2015
rsc-pl said:
I hated Suzuka in most times, but it ended very well. I love the whole story. And the art was awesome, everything was detailed and female characters were drawn superwell.
And a Christian wedding, huh? Nice.
Btw, she is not Fuka (I checked scans, because I was curious if tls did it correctly, but they didn't), but Fuuka. Yes, it's a huge difference.

PS I don't understand the whole hate for the ending. Really.

Same here.
Btw, talking about Fuuka
All I have to say is "truck-kun" :D
"You are the leaves bathing in the sun, I am the roots that grow in the dark."
Jan 5, 2017 12:20 PM

Mar 2015
a good example of a manga who lasted long enough to become bad... story is all over the place and characters end up contradicting themselves on top of being pretty generic and boring
Was good for like the first 70ch or so but went downhill afterwards

5.5/10
Aug 31, 2017 2:37 AM
Mar 2014
Well, this manga was a hell of a ride!
Sep 26, 2017 1:46 AM
Apr 2016
Most realistic manga i read so far i wish instead of working yamato should continue his track and field career in university and let their parents take care of the baby i just find it unrealistic where yamato fins a decent job when he just only finish high school
Apr 9, 2018 3:43 AM
Dec 2017
I guess I waited years to come to this thread surprised if somebody responds lol, I think ill clear up what the author was trying to get across with this series. It was Suzuka stories about Suzuka hence the name her struggles in life I didnt really have a problem with her I think her and yamato have problems, I can tell only guys are talking in the thread from some of these comments Suzuka was tsundere I guess but I still liked her, I get this is a romance anime but I don't think suzuka was the one perusing Yamato so why is he like she doesn't deserve him how doesn't she deserve him, tbh I think she should've even up with the dead senpai but apparently his reincarnation ended up with her, I wonder if she still likes him at the end even though they look alike.
Apr 9, 2018 3:51 AM
Dec 2017
JaganshiHiei1987 said:
I'm kinda disappointed. Yeah, "they lived happily ever after" and all, but still, feels like a sad ending with all there dreams gone down the drain. Well, almost all of them anyway. But a good manga nonetheless.

Tbh this is basically what the author is trying to tell us is that not every relationship is perfect or goes as planned, he fell in love with her so he has to deal with the consequences they both do, I honestly didn't see them being together but it happened in a lustful type of way I honestly feel bad for grave-kun senpai but I guess Yamato can be his reincarnation as annoying as he was being. Its just weird seeing Suzuka in a marriage scenario especially with Yamato for me is how I feel, what people don't realize is a series is supposed to take you for a ride it might not be solved in 1 chapter or a dozen chapters im talking about the people giving this series 5/10 just because of Suzuka like it takes time to get over stuff she wasnt just going to get over grave kun I still don't think she is but she had to move on cause hes dead she just had to find the will.
Apr 9, 2018 3:55 AM
Dec 2017
MikeHunt69 said:
a good example of a manga who lasted long enough to become bad... story is all over the place and characters end up contradicting themselves on top of being pretty generic and boring
Was good for like the first 70ch or so but went downhill afterwards

5.5/10

Generic? That makes no fucking sense what you just said I bet you read the whole thing still, this is a very realistic manga that takes you a long a ride through their lives if you wanted the story to be wrapped up unrealisticly fast fine by me but if you truly enjoy a series you wouldn't care, but no we always have a heavy criquting asshole who has no sense of adventure.
Oct 15, 2018 11:00 AM
Mar 2018
arimakenshin said:
Why in the world did the author choose to end this whole manga with pregnancy and failure!? What utter trash. This manga went from good sports drama to silly low class garbage.

3/10

i agree with some of your thoughts but it was not complete garbage
ending was warm and good
Oct 15, 2018 11:02 AM
Mar 2018
Roronoa_Zoro_Fan said:
Best Romance Manga EVER .Period.

And i have read alot of them ALOT, nothing comes close to this

Masterpiece 10/10

i agree with you friend
Oct 15, 2018 11:09 AM
Mar 2018
i finished it and i am glad i made the decision to read this manga, a considerably good one i liked some of the moments like when both suzuka and yamato decide to have the baby born actually anime ended with a confusion but the manga made a good ending imposing on important developments between all characters but i wanted to see something between hatori and miki
i rate it a 9/10
Mar 31, 2019 3:44 PM

May 2015
Why is it listed with 171 chapters?
Apr 13, 2020 12:50 PM
Feb 2020
Good ending. Sad sazuka gave up on jumping, but it seems like she finally found something else worth living for.

9/10 enjoyment. Very good read
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

» Yamato's childhood summary?

animefan44 - Nov 26, 2022

1 by hvtcm »»
Apr 24, 2023 2:09 AM

Poll: » Suzuka Chapter 121 Discussion

Zinvy - Sep 10, 2009

7 by KursedArcana »»
Mar 14, 2022 10:25 PM

Poll: » Suzuka Chapter 93 Discussion

Zinvy - Sep 10, 2009

3 by KursedArcana »»
Jan 15, 2022 10:55 PM

Poll: » Suzuka Chapter 90 Discussion

Zinvy - Sep 10, 2009

6 by Yuyu-haku-bro »»
Apr 13, 2020 3:02 AM

Poll: » Suzuka Chapter 144 Discussion

Zinvy - Sep 11, 2009

7 by m1n1nova »»
Jun 22, 2019 4:40 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.