Forum Settings
Forums

Japan's Weekly Blu-ray & CD Rankings for Sep 10 - 16

New
Sep 18, 2012 1:30 AM

Feb 2008
Here are the weekly Blu-ray & CD rankings for September 10th - 16th.

Blu-ray
*1, 1,002 *8,760 Tari Tari vol.1
*2, *,574 *4,053 Oda Nobuna no Yabou vol.1
*3, *,409 10,481 Kuroko no Basket vol.2
*4, *,399 51,341 Nisemonogatari vol.5 Limited Edition
*5, *,359 *7,132 Mouretsu Pirates vol.7 Limited Edition
*6, *,335 *8,673 Hyouka vol.3 Limited Edition
*7, *,333 *3,275 AKB0048 vol.3
*8, *,329 28,719 Persona 4 The Animation vol.10 Limited Edition
*9, *,282 *7,826 Accel World vol.2 Limited Edition
10, *,253 10,073 Toki wo Kakeru Shoujo Reprint Edition

DVD
*1, 1,012 1,159,578 My Neighbor Totoro
*2, *,658 *,*12,737 Kuroko no Basket vol.2
*3, *,567 *,*22,771 One Piece Log Collection "Franky"
*4, *,499 *,*21,404 One Piece Log Collection "Thriller Bark"
*5, *,491 *,*19,900 Summer Wars
*6, *,475 *,*57,054 Kokurikozaka Kara Standard Edition
*7, *,400 *,488,661 Majo no Takkyuubin
*8, *,369 *,906,796 Gake no Ue no Ponyo
*9, *,308 2,376,541 Sen to Chihiro no Kamikakushi
10, *,291 *,**3,423 Inazuma Eleven DVD Box vol.2
11, *,282 *,*12,854 Kuroko no Basket vol.1
12, *,282 *,756,109 Tenkuu no Shiro Laputa

Single CD
10, 10,049 10,049 Taketatsu Ayana "♪ no Kuni no Alice"
12, *8,529 *8,529 Kuroko no Basket Character Song Solo Series vol.6 Junpei
13, *8,027 *8,027 Kuroko no Basket Character Song Solo Series vol.7 Shun
16, *6,222 40,700 Joshiraku "Nippon Egao Hyakkei"
17, *5,971 *5,971 Kuroko no Basket Character Song Solo Series vol.8 Shinji
18, *5,818 58,582 Colorful "Boku ga Boku de Arutame Ni"
30, *3,245 70,660 Sword Art Online "crossing field"
33, *2,606 18,648 Hatsune Miku "Odds & Ends" "Sky of Beginning"
35, *2,454 16,699 Uta no☆Prince-sama♪ Maji Love 1000% Idol Song Ranmaru & Camus
36, *2,414 12,157 Eureka Seven AO "Brazblue"
39, *2,131 22,923 Kuroko no Basket Duet Series vol.2 Tetsuya & Ryota
43, *1,881 44,851 Kagero Project "Children Code"
46, *1,795 *7,595 Mobile Suit Gundam AGE "Aurora"

Source: Oricon Youtaiju
dtshykSep 18, 2012 1:32 AM
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Sep 18, 2012 1:33 AM

Mar 2009
Totoro will be on the list forever.
Sep 18, 2012 1:42 AM

Dec 2011
So... nothing came out that week at all?

Incidentally, if they both repeat this week's sales forever, Totoro will overtake Spirited Away in terms of sales in December 2045.
kuuderes_shadowSep 18, 2012 1:49 AM
There is no such thing as shit taste. Only idiots who think everyone should have the same taste as they do.
Sep 18, 2012 2:00 AM

Feb 2012
Tari Tari almost doubles Oda Nobuna's? o_o
Sep 18, 2012 2:04 AM

Apr 2010
Totoro is back to #1 place.
Sep 18, 2012 2:06 AM

Nov 2007
Nisemonogatari almost 60k per volume... Current (most likely final) of 59816 per volume. There's yearly charts though, right? It should add a bit more for a 60k average I guess?

Good to see Tari Tari, Mouretsu Pirates, Hyouka, AKB0048, Persona 4 and Accel World selling a bit more... but the thresholds are so low due to nothing new coming out this week, lol xD
The News Club: Quality News/Discussion (anime, CDs, manga, novels, games, seiyuu), & sales data (daily, weekly, mid-year, yearly).
Sep 18, 2012 2:22 AM

Jan 2010
Still really surprised at how Tari Tari is selling. Expected it to sell WAY lower.

And Kuroko no Basket~
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 18, 2012 2:34 AM

Sep 2012
HauntingShock said:

This was expected.
At around the midpoint of the series, there was some discussions among fans in Japan in 2ch about predicted sales for volume 1. Tari Tari was estimated to be around 7000-8000 and Nobuna was at 3000-4000. It turned out the consensus estimate of those fans got it quite well, although both anime also have fans (I included) who want them to sell more.

The most amazing thing for this week (which has NO new title coming out this week) is Kuroko no Basuke. The volume 1 of the DVD is ranking in its 8th week, and sales figure for its 2nd volume is even higher than its 1st volume (the opposite is almost always true for anime series unless really special extra item or event ticket is involved) ! Both volumes now sell more than 22,000 BD+DVD, making it the undisputed "king" of the spring season.

Next week the picture will be very different as a lot of titles are going for sale (mostly on the 19th and 21st). Here is a partial list:

09/19
Fate/Zero BD Box #2
Yuru Yuri 2 #1
Jinrui wa suitaishimashita #1
Lupin the third - Mine Fujiko BD Box
Saki BD Box
Usavich blu-ray no jikan
Sengoku Collection #6
Sankarea #4
Saki episode of side-A #4

09/21
Horizon 2 #1
Rinne no Lagrange 2 #1
Bimbogami ga #1
Hiiro no kakera #4
Eureka Seven AO #4
Kuroko no Basuke #3
MS Gundam AGE #8
MS Gundam Seed HS-remaster BD Box #3
Sakura Taisen OVA BD-Box
sola BD-Box

Things to watch would be
- Is Yuru Yuri really going to sell a lot more than the Amazon stalker suggests? Will it be able to squeeze into the "top 4" of the summer season? After the airing of the final episode all 6 volumes have jumped in ranking in Amazon, but it cannot compare with Jinrui...
- Jinrui jumps spectacularly in Amazon ranking after the airing of the "godly" final episode. Its volume 1 is now at #10 (all genres) and #5 (anime) of the BD ranking. And a whole "flotilla" of all the 6 volumes have made it into the top 25 of the anime BD ranking. A dark horse in the race for the "top 4" of the summer season -- will it spring a surprise?
- Is Kuroko no Basuke going to sustain the upward momentum displayed so amazingly by its first 2 volumes?
- Will season 2 of Rinne no Lagrange keep up with the sales of its 1st season? Or perhaps sell even more given its reception seems to be better for this season?
- Can Fate/Zero second season sell as well as its first season?
- Same question for Horizon season 2. Fans now deem it will sell less than Sword Art Online but who knows for certain?
symbvSep 18, 2012 2:45 AM
So MAL finally starts locking news threads that are only a few weeks old?

I wonder where was the announcement of this change? Or we are seeing yet another case of changes made that impacted users but not communicated to them?

I wonder how long people would put up with this.

As much as I have a bunch of information to share about anime announced recently I cannot share it in news board, and the anime series is too disorganized and chaotic to share information except with people already interested in the particular series.
Sep 18, 2012 2:53 AM

Aug 2010
Nice to see Totoro, Summer Wars and Laputa in the list! Seems like Totoro and Laputa are still selling even after all these years...
Sep 18, 2012 2:59 AM

Feb 2012
symbv said:
HauntingShock said:

This was expected.

It's not really to be expected you know...

I even liked Oda more than Tari Tari. Ofcourse people have different tastes, but I know a lot of Oda fans...

But to DOUBLE it??? o_o
Wow...
Sep 18, 2012 3:05 AM
Mar 2009
Fate Zero Box II should be the juggernaut for the next week, and probably of this year so far.

Just my humble (and rather biased) opinion.

In all serious though, considering the humongous base of Type-Moon, Fate, and Saber fans, working in concert with Ufotable's par-none adaption, I would expect Fate Zero II to exceed the first season's sales of 43kish.
Sep 18, 2012 3:17 AM

Sep 2012
HauntingShock said:
symbv said:
HauntingShock said:

This was expected.

Judging from objective criteria, even before the airing fans in Japan predicted TT would outsell Oda by a significant margin. When I said "to be expected", I mean for those who have been closely following the sales of anime BD/DVD in recent years.
HauntingShock said:

I even liked Oda more than Tari Tari. Ofcourse people have different tastes, but I know a lot of Oda fans...

But to DOUBLE it??? o_o
Wow...

In fact the initial guess by fans in Japan went even further, predictions of TT selling 3 or 4 times that of Oda was quite common when the season began. In terms of appeal, TT will always pull in more people than Oda, which has its base squarely in the male fans who like moe design and harem of girls, whereas TT can pull in female fans as well as those who are turned off automatically by Oda's cast of loli's or historical figures in female body character design. Some just don't like its alternate history setting. In fact if not for Oda's jaw-droppingly high level of character art and animation, the guess would have been <3000, which is why before the season started the guesses put TT far above Oda in terms of sales prediction.

Mind you, I am a big fan of Oda. In fact I rate it among the top 3 this season and I seriously consider buying the BD (which is my way of paying top compliment to the anime staff who make the stuff). However, if we look at all the factors objectively, without a big mess-up TT is always going to outsell Oda by a very far margin.
symbvSep 18, 2012 3:21 AM

I wonder where was the announcement of this change? Or we are seeing yet another case of changes made that impacted users but not communicated to them?

As much as I have a bunch of information to share about anime announced recently I cannot share it in news board, and the anime series is too disorganized and chaotic to share information except with people already interested in the particular series.
Sep 18, 2012 3:18 AM
Mar 2010
w-whoah...kurobas volume 1....I never thought I'd see you on those charts again. O_O Live long, my king! *bows* And wheeeeeeeeeeeee!!! kurobas volume 2 crosses 23k! just AMAZING! now I wonder how volume 3 will go? its currently estimated to sell very close to 16k on stalker and next week's chart will only cover 3 days of sales! I'm super excited!

symbv said:

Mind you, I am a big fan of Oda. In fact I rate it among the top 3 this season and I seriously consider buying the BD (which is my way of paying top compliment to the anime staff who make the stuff). However, to look at all the factors objectively, without a big mess-up TT will always outsell Oda by a very far margin.

regarding the jaw dropping animation and amazing art, do you reckon that this was a high budget project? at least, much more than the other harems this season. I love the anime too and wanted it to succeed. :(
Check out the News Club for daily rankings, discussion on future CD and BD releases, manga and novels. New members are welcome!
Sep 18, 2012 3:28 AM

Sep 2012
phoenixalia said:

regarding the jaw dropping animation and amazing art, do you reckon that this was a high budget project? at least, much more than the other harems this season. I love the anime too and wanted it to succeed. :(

There is no consensus of how big the impact of the high level of sakuga (character art and animation) is to its production cost. Some think it is high but a lot people think it contributes to a higher cost but not too much, but it is likely that its animation cost is higher than the standard harem anime like NakaImo (in fact I would say that it may cost more than Total Eclipse with the exception of its first 2 episodes). However, it is fair to say that most think the sales of around 4000 (allowing drop in sales after vol.1 which has an event ticket included inside) is good enough to avoid red ink.

One thing we need to bear in mind is we need to include promotion and marketing cost in the budget for an anime. SAO, for example, clearly has a lot more marketing done compared to, say, Oda Nobuna.

Sep 18, 2012 3:44 AM

Nov 2007
dtshyk said:

30, *3,245 70,660 Sword Art Online "crossing field"
35, *2,454 16,699 Uta no☆Prince-sama♪ Maji Love 1000% Idol Song Ranmaru & Camus
36, *2,414 12,157 Eureka Seven AO "Brazblue"

I'm glad.

dtshyk said:
10, 10,049 10,049 Taketatsu Ayana "♪ no Kuni no Alice"

Wow, she's sugoi!
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Sep 18, 2012 3:47 AM
Jul 2012
Really slow week I guess... but

dtshyk said:

33, *2,606 18,648 Hatsune Miku "Odds & Ends" "Sky of Beginning"

Miku! :)
Sep 18, 2012 3:53 AM

Feb 2010
no.1 TARI TARI ??? thats surprising
"never regret anything, because at one point it was exactly what you wanted"
Sep 18, 2012 3:55 AM

Mar 2011
well.. kinda not interesting week.

was expecting this from Tari Tari.

Sep 18, 2012 3:57 AM
Mar 2010
symbv said:

One thing we need to bear in mind is we need to include promotion and marketing cost in the budget for an anime. SAO, for example, clearly has a lot more marketing done compared to, say, Oda Nobuna.

souka, souka. I see, I see. so its animation cost IS higher than most harem anime. hmm. but yes, like you say 4000 is enough to but I wouldn't say its good enough...not for a sequel. :(

and wha-? SAO had a lot of marketing done? that's news to me. so they have to include that to costs huh? any other anime this summer had lots of marketing done?
Check out the News Club for daily rankings, discussion on future CD and BD releases, manga and novels. New members are welcome!
Sep 18, 2012 4:44 AM

Sep 2011
jmal said:

Hm, why are you surprised? It's one of the biggest shows in a long time, certainly based on one of the bigger light novels.

Just keep in mind this is advertising in Japanese, in Japan. Obviously we aren't going to see most of that here. (Wherever "here" is, as long as it's not Japan)

SAO be rolling man, it has a fair chance of being this year's top seller, if not, then it's going to be close to Nise, been a while since i've seen a show that big lol, and if the sales keep going strong as they are right now, i wouldn't be surprised if it outsold bakemono, but then again, can't get my hopes up with Stalker's estimates lol.
Sep 18, 2012 4:51 AM

Oct 2010
dtshyk said:

*3, *,409 10,481 Kuroko no Basket vol.2
*2, *,658 *,*12,737 Kuroko no Basket vol.2
12, *8,529 *8,529 Kuroko no Basket Character Song Solo Series vol.6 Junpei
13, *8,027 *8,027 Kuroko no Basket Character Song Solo Series vol.7 Shun
17, *5,971 *5,971 Kuroko no Basket Character Song Solo Series vol.8 Shinji

Recent episode was so epic, I doubt this anime will go down the charts anytime soon. I'm pretty confident about that.

zheren said:

Music + Moe.

~ IA- Aria on the Planetes ~ Vocaloid V3 voiced by LiA (Clannad Afterstory, Angel Beats! theme song singer)
Sep 18, 2012 5:10 AM

Sep 2010
More KuroBasuke character songs are always welcome. <3
"What has two arms, two legs, and is alive? Not your favorite character lol! xD"
Sep 18, 2012 5:13 AM

Jan 2012
HauntingShock said:
symbv said:
HauntingShock said:

This was expected.

Yeah, I'm surprised as well. I mean, I enjoy Tari Tari, but Oda Nobuna is magnitudes better. And not just because of how many lolis they threw at us

Seriously, I'm baffled how this is selling worse than Tari Tari.

E: Also, what's up with Hyouka? IIRC the Vol1+2 sales were considerably higher, heck, it's only doing slightly better than Moe Pirates at this rate... I hope Kyoani gets to cash in on Hyouka a bit more
Sep 18, 2012 5:20 AM

Dec 2007
Hyouka has been remarkably consistent at around 9k or so for each volume. Curious to see how long it will take for the 'Kadokawa Marathon' to start having a noticable effect on sales.
Sep 18, 2012 5:23 AM
Mar 2010
jmal said:
Downgrade355 said:
and if the sales keep going strong as they are right now, i wouldn't be surprised if it outsold bakemono

Well that's going too far... I'm not setting expectations an inch above 40k max until within two weeks of release. I'll take another look at it then.

not to mention in the past few days its gone to 10th place. I think it was just an episode bump. volume 4 has also been solicited now.
Sep 18, 2012 5:31 AM

Jan 2012
Totoro will be in the rankings until 3012 if this keeps up
Sep 18, 2012 5:59 AM

Aug 2007
Good to see animes like tari tar and AKB0048. They're really good.
Sep 18, 2012 6:21 AM

Dec 2007
KirigayaTaichi said:
Totoro will be in the rankings until 3012 if this keeps up

Lol, I think almost everyone in Japan has a copy of this
Sep 18, 2012 6:29 AM

Sep 2012
jmal said:
In short, Hyouka has made approximately three times as much money per episode as Mouretsu over an equivalent number of volumes. Comparing unit sales is fine, but ¥ is what really matters.

Part of the revenue difference has to do with the notorious "Kadokawa price". BD/DVD distributed by Kadokawa always carry higher price than those distributed by other companies. In Hyouka's case the listed price for the BD is around 7300 yen while most of the Moretsu have a tag price of around 6600 yen. KyoAni is currently stuck with Kadokawa for its distribution, it seems, and some think this has a negative effect to the absolute number of BD copies sold for the anime it makes.

zheren said:

Actually Tari Tari being no.1 is the easiest thing to guess for this week's ranking. Whatever sold best last week should just keep selling more this week since there has been no new title on sale in the past week.

phoenixalia said:
and wha-? SAO had a lot of marketing done? that's news to me. so they have to include that to costs huh? any other anime this summer had lots of marketing done?

As jmal said, those who live overseas would not know how big the marketing push is in Japan. Every outdoor advertisement (some of them really big and prominently displayed) installed, every poster or pamphlet printed that is displayed in shops, and every guerrilla marketing event (like the "ad-bus" running around in places like Akihabara) costs money...

When we talk about budget for an anime project, I think we should include the marketing cost. But if we talk about budget within an anime studio to make an anime, we are talking about only a subset of the project budget. Sometimes the marketing cost can even come to rival (or overtake) the anime production cost. It all depends on the business model they want to go for. Anime can sometimes be a loss-leader and treated as a cost like a marketing tool to help sell the original game and novel (though of course SAO is doing much better than this).

Aniplex, the company that produces SAO the anime, is known to mount big marketing campaign for many of its anime, including Angel Beats, Madoka, Bake/Nisemonogatari, Working!, Persona4, Fate/Zero, Idol@Master, Dog Days, and OreImo etc.

Downgrade355 said:
SAO be rolling man, it has a fair chance of being this year's top seller, if not, then it's going to be close to Nise, been a while since i've seen a show that big lol, and if the sales keep going strong as they are right now, i wouldn't be surprised if it outsold bakemono, but then again, can't get my hopes up with Stalker's estimates lol.

To be honest, I don't think it is likely to go past Nise, much less Bake. Even the more fanatical among SAO fans in Japan put SAO only on the line of Infinite Stratos, which sold almost 39,000 for its volume 1. But many fans correctly suspect that many of those claiming SAO will sell as much as IS may actually be haters or pranksters who are trying to up the ante unnecessarily high so as to trash it or mock it later when the sales figure is known.

The Amazon stalker estimate is known to show gross over/underestimate in the past, and in SAO's case the quick jump of rank position in the recent days because of the legendary ep.10 is causing a sudden surge in the stalker projection that, if scaled proportionally, reaches >80,000 by its release date. Nobody in Japan believes this projection figure. No one there thinks it will outsell Nise. The line of IS (39000) is around the upper end of the range of estimate (or as jmal said 40k max). Most of the guesses cluster around 25000-35000. It will be a stunning feat if it can sell as much as Fate/Zero did (50k) but that would still leave some distance from Nise (whose vol.1 sold a total of around 64k when the dust settled).

wishbook said:
zheren said:

Music + Moe.

That is a bit too simplistic. We all know Moe alone is not enough to make a big selling title, and even if music is thrown in there is no guarantee at all. The amount of music + moe in Tari Tari is not much more than what we see in Natsuiro Kiseki but TT sells a lot more than NK.

Anyway, the reason for TT taking no.1 this week is simply that there is no new title on sale this week. What sold best in the previous week would also sell best this week, that's it.
symbvSep 18, 2012 6:50 AM

Sep 18, 2012 7:31 AM

Nov 2008
P.A Works deserves it guys, period. I'm more interested in the fact though that they decided to sell the True Tears BD box again. I suppose it sold enough last year to warrant a second pressing. (And still no actual sequel/epilogue leave for those 3 minutes..)
Sep 18, 2012 8:16 AM

Feb 2012
Slow week. Still great to see Hyouka being so consistent.

Next week should be interesting. Really eager to see how Yuru Yuri S2 does. After the epicness of the last two eps, I really hope sales will exceed estimates and sell the same as season 1 so that we get a season 3 ^_^
Sep 18, 2012 8:24 AM

Jan 2009
Accel World!!! Fucky Yeah!!! Season 2 When?
Sep 18, 2012 8:34 AM

Aug 2011
What a slow list of patheticness.

'Cept Totoro. Holy hell. How many people are there in Japan? I'm confused how it can sell so many every week.
Sep 18, 2012 8:37 AM

Jun 2011
Thanks symbv and jmal, your comments are really helpful. I learned a lot. =)
Sep 18, 2012 9:45 AM

Aug 2008
Jmal or symbv, do you know when was the last time there was a week without an Anime related releases? I'm kind of curious to know how often this happens. Otherwise, not much surprise and as always, thank you jmal and symbv too for the useful comments.
Otaku no naka no Otaku, Otaking ni narimasu -- Otaku no Video, Gainax, 1992.
Sep 18, 2012 9:49 AM

Apr 2010
Kurimu-chan said:

And Kuroko no Basket~

Hell yeah! Go, KnB! With this, they are obliged to animate season 2!
Sep 18, 2012 9:50 AM

May 2011
Studio Ghibli rocks! ;)
Sep 18, 2012 9:53 AM

Jan 2011
WIEN STRONG
[center]
Sep 18, 2012 10:44 AM

Sep 2012
cat_clan said:
Jmal or symbv, do you know when was the last time there was a week without an Anime related releases? I'm kind of curious to know how often this happens. Otherwise, not much surprise and as always, thank you jmal and symbv too for the useful comments.

Basically what jmal has said (and thanks to his doing the hard work of digging up old data). It is indeed not that common to see NO NEW TITLE released in a whole week but on the other hand, it is quite common to see new release concentrated in one week within a month, and usually it is towards the last week or so of the month, perhaps this has to do with the fact that virtually all people get their paycheck near the end of the month.

jmal said:
Yvese said:
Next week should be interesting. Really eager to see how Yuru Yuri S2 does. After the epicness of the last two eps, I really hope sales will exceed estimates and sell the same as season 1 so that we get a season 3 ^_^

I tend to err on the side of pessimism in estimating sales, as a rule, so maybe I'm off but I'm still not setting my guess above 5k max if DVDs rank, maybe 4.5k otherwise. I don't want to assume more and be disappointed.

I am a bit more optimistic and I'd put my guess above 5k (assuming DVDs rank) with some chance that it may get close to 6k or even goes slightly beyond that. I may get really disappointed at the end (just like what happened to Oda Nobuna) but I guess that is what being a fan is about :-D

jmal said:
Edit: Wait wait, I forgot Chuunibyou is Pony Canyon, not Kadokawa. Hooray! Well, again, not that it makes all that much difference if it's a one cour show.

When I took a closer look at whether KyoAni is again stuck with Kadokawa with Chuunibyou, to my surprise I found that Chuunibyou the light novel is actually published by KyoAni !! (since the original novel does not involve Kadokawa, it makes sense that it is not involved in this project) To be more precise, the light novel is published by the label KA Esuma (see, KA stands for Kyoto Animation) which is fully controlled by KyoAni, and Chuunibyou was one of the 2 light novels that the label published when it debuted back in 2010 Dec. So whatever boost the anime is contributing to the sales of the light novel, it will benefit KyoAni directly. No wonder they have put in so much effort into making and marketing this anime - the look of its trailer puts it much above the level of treatment a standard teenager/high-school light novel fare is usually given. Now it makes a lot of sense.
symbvSep 18, 2012 10:55 AM

Sep 18, 2012 11:09 AM

Nov 2008
and still more toroto to come
Sep 18, 2012 2:28 PM

Aug 2008
jmal said:
Edit: went back to the start of the year, and saw no other examples. Some weeks had only 1 or 2 new releases ranking, and the only new ranking releases for 2012 01/30~02/05 were Naruto/Fairy Tail/One Piece (no new late night anime). So it's quite rare. Each year you could probably count the occurrences one one hand and have fingers left.

Thanks, I figured this much. But I actually wanted to see how rare it was. On the bright side, as you mentioned we get to see new numbers for old volumes that would probably never be seen otherwise.

On the Chu-2Koi topic, this will become a proof of the real power behind KyoAni. I just hope they know how to manage the risk of being a major player in the production committee. I wouldn't want for them to get burned after their first experiment.

jmal said:
How else would Manglobe still be alive? =P

Oh, don't be so harsh on them. I'm sure they are just as amazed as you are =P Now talking seriously, they have been able to grab some good franchises and probably still living from the early days revenues from Samurai Champloo and Ergo Proxy.
Sep 18, 2012 2:53 PM

Feb 2012
Shih said:
Thanks symbv and jmal, your comments are really helpful. I learned a lot. =)

Same here :D
Sep 18, 2012 3:21 PM

Jun 2008
Great to see Totoro on the number 1 spot :3
Sep 18, 2012 3:25 PM

Aug 2008
jmal said:
I know Champloo enjoyed some foreign success (no idea is that's the case for Ergo Proxy), back in the days when the Japanese were wringing huge, unsustainable licensing fees out of gullible R1 companies. But I don't think either did much for Manglobe.

They both had foreign success and not only in U.S. For example, Ergo Proxy made it to the DVD market here in Mexico. And believe me that's quite an accomplishment, even though it wasn't completely released. But I'm sure they got some pretty good licenses fees from the R1 and other country industries. Actually this is what I meant with my original comment. I heard that Ergo Proxy was a good seller anywhere except Japan before.
Sep 18, 2012 5:19 PM

Sep 2011
Slow week. Nothing interesting. Totoro again, my god.
Sep 18, 2012 7:10 PM

Jul 2011
dtshyk said:
*1, 1,002 *8,760 Tari Tari vol.1
*5, *,359 *7,132 Mouretsu Pirates vol.7 Limited Edition

They're still on the list. :D

dtshyk said:
*1, 1,012 1,159,578 My Neighbor Totoro

Still? XD
Sep 18, 2012 9:38 PM

Mar 2012
tari tari sure is selling well
Sep 18, 2012 9:46 PM

Jul 2010
Really glad to see Tari Tari and Oda selling that well :D
Sep 18, 2012 9:52 PM

Feb 2009
Boring week. Gah, it's still a month away but I'm still very interested in seeing SAO's numbers. Not sure where it'll end up, going with maybe 40k atm.

Fate/Zero II's points on Stalker don't seem that great? Obviously most anime would be lucky to sell like that, but in comparison to the first season it's... kinda... not good?
Sep 18, 2012 10:47 PM

Nov 2007
Droplet said:
Fate/Zero II's points on Stalker don't seem that great? Obviously most anime would be lucky to sell like that, but in comparison to the first season it's... kinda... not good?

Fate/Zero II was delisted off Amazon for quite some time due to that debacle between Aniplex and Amazon. Thus, stalker wouldn't be such a good representation in this case. I'm predicting ~45-55k, since the 1st BD Box sold ~51k.
The News Club: Quality News/Discussion (anime, CDs, manga, novels, games, seiyuu), & sales data (daily, weekly, mid-year, yearly).
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

» 'Tsue to Tsurugi no Wistoria' Unveils Additional Pair of Cast

Hyperion_PS - 5 hours ago

0 by Hyperion_PS »»
5 hours ago

» Smartphone Game 'Garena Free Fire' Gets Anime Project

Hyperion_PS - May 12

43 by Nightleon »»
10 hours ago

» Manga 'Hanazakari no Kimitachi e' Gets Anime

DatRandomDude - May 14

39 by Yui_Suzumiya69 »»
Today, 12:36 AM

» 'Megami no Café Terrace Season 2' Reveals Additional Cast, First Promo

Hyperion_PS - May 14

17 by MegamiRem »»
Yesterday, 12:13 PM

» Winners of the 48th Kodansha Manga Awards

Snow - May 15

12 by Zedlin »»
Yesterday, 11:09 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.