Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (7) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 »
Dec 25, 2010 10:40 AM

May 2010
That was great. I felt anger, sad and at the end happy. That really stirred my emotions.

But one thing that I dislike is that, Sunohara being dense to believe that Mei and Tomoya

are really dating. Anyway, the funny ending made up for it.. xD

And next is Misae. Seems funny ep..
Jan 21, 2011 9:15 PM

Aug 2010
How very touching.. If only Sunohara acted like that more -.-

Hes such an idiot!
Feb 17, 2011 10:36 AM

Dec 2008
Finally, Mei-chan took her ass home!!
I was expecting Okazaki to beat the shit out of Sunohara, but it looks like they beat the shit out of each other.
That soccer team was full of merciless assholes. I wouldn't want to go back to be a part of that team anyway.
Apr 11, 2011 3:57 PM

Feb 2009
You know a series is good when a comedic relief character has an arc like this. Good stuff.
Apr 21, 2011 1:04 AM

Sep 2008
Yup, Greg Ayres sounds way better when angry.
It still hurt when Mei was being harassed; I cringe every time.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 6, 2011 11:14 PM

Nov 2009
Yay I cried! omg im SO happy Sunohara came to save Mie! I can't believe they said no 2 them after them having 2 go get the balls all that time! but i was so happy when he saved her... the loved the fight in the rain! it was so heart touching! it cleared things up... and the flashbacks were great! im so happy they became bff's! they are so funny 2gether ^^ and lol i love it how Sunohara called Akio "Father" X3 anyway awesome epi! im so happy i cried hehe
May 30, 2011 10:22 AM

Mar 2011
Yes!

Really liked these last coupla Sunohara eps, he's a good character that deserved more screen time!

Sunohara and Okazaki going ape on the football team was epic. Those guys were total wankers!
Jun 4, 2011 6:47 AM
Jul 2010
I felt angry, I cried and I laughed. This episode was amazing in every sense of the word.
Sep 26, 2011 5:49 PM

Dec 2009
This is the worst episode of clannad...
Nov 21, 2011 7:50 PM

Jun 2009
Leon-Gun said:
I'm not overly impressed with this episodes, as I think most of the drama was self-created by the main cast themselves. Basically, Mei was just self-centered and wanted to shape her brother the way she thought he should be. When they tried, they got unexpected reactions almost to the point of breaking the bond shared by the two friends.

They basically forced this situation to happen, instead of it flowing out naturally. From the past, we already knew Sunohara cared for her sister, and he trusted Okazaki. We didn't need the forced drama to know that. The only things we really learned from this is that Okazaki really just looks at Sunohara as a cheap way of getting laughs and having fun, and the background of how they met and how he was kicked out of the soccer team.

Sunohara_fan said:
I really don't think Sunohara is the one acting out of character in this arc... More like everyone else is.
Mei: Up until this arc a visit of her would consist of cleaning up his room then go to hang out with Nagasi until later on the episode Sunohara gets visited by Tomoya where he's sulking about being abondoned by his own sister, this arc he finally stops sulking and not a moment later Mei suddenly needs Tomoya to take her out and do brother-sister things.
Nagashi's mom: Somehow she failed to mention to Sunohara that she was already married for two days after the pretending had become unneccesary.
Tomoya: Sorry but he comes over as an enormous douche if you think about it. There in the classroom Sunohara was acting n the conviction that Tomoya and his sister were going out and that Sasae was Nagashi's hot older sister and was single and interested. Tomoya convinced him of both these things, for reasons that have long since passed, he is understandably pissed off at how Sunohara was acting but doesn't explain things to him. He seriously needs to be taught when he takes a joke to far.

I felt the same way. Mei especially annoyed me. Soccer is something Sunohara loves, but the team is clearly horrible. Why would he stay with them, when they're raging douches?

It was over dramatic for no reason and I just felt bad for Sunohara that everyone was lying to him. I usually like Tomoya, but he annoyed me in this arc. Lying to prove a point isn't a point that is important. He was just a jerk for no reason.

Worse episode by far in Clannad. I'm glad this arc is over.
BridgeXNov 21, 2011 7:59 PM
[/center]
Dec 18, 2011 4:11 AM

Nov 2008
I swear this episode is the most annoying one up till now. With the lame soccer guys and the raining part where both the girls cried.
Dec 30, 2011 1:43 AM

Jun 2011
I wish I had a big brother like Sunohara.
This episode was by far my favorite. <3
Jan 30, 2012 2:07 PM

May 2011
Great conlusion to the arc, definitely one of the best episodes of both seasons. I wish I could've been there to help Sunohara and Tomoya out in that brawl, it looked fun.

As long as they continue to laugh like that, it will be a strong friendship.

Akio's moment at the end just made this episode that much better lol.

5/5
Mar 31, 2012 9:02 AM

Apr 2009
I'm getting a lot of deja-vus, I guess I was watching this back when it was airing, but then put it on hold for some reason and forgot about it. My educated guess is it has something to do with the disappointment of this conclusion. I loved how something so silly earlier smoothly flowed into an interesting situation and even succesfully foreshadowed all complex issues involved in it, and then it collapses with its stupid resolution. 5/5 anyway, I really like the mood of this even more than that of the first Clannad.
Apr 22, 2012 10:15 PM

Oct 2009
Can't help but laugh at the baby fountain ~8min in! XD
That was another good ep :P
El Psy Congroo

まだまだだね!!!
Apr 23, 2012 4:35 PM
Jan 2012
My Respect for Sunohara has skyrocketed
Apr 29, 2012 8:51 AM

Dec 2011
MangaTurtle said:
My Respect for Sunohara has skyrocketed

Agree.

Another great episode!

May 3, 2012 6:04 PM

Jun 2010
Can't be happy enough that the "self-centered brat acts half her age" arc is over.
Jun 21, 2012 2:49 PM
Jun 2012
I didn't mind this episode, it had it's moments. But I'll be glad for Mei to be generally out of the show so we can get as far away as possible from all the pedophilia/incest humor. It's the only part of Clannad I have found exceedingly distasteful and it stands out harshly in a story that is otherwise innocent, deep, and touching.

-Arvis
Jul 11, 2012 1:15 PM

May 2012
Only thing I disliked in this was how Sunohara still thought Okazaki was dating Mei when they were fighting. I mean, Okazaki or Mei could have let him know before he punched Okazaki.

Oh well.
Jul 14, 2012 10:05 PM

Mar 2012
Sunohara is pretty much my favorite character if we take cuteness out of the equation.

This episode was amazing. The soccer guys were surprisingly believable assholes. Everything else, as complicated and generally messed-up as it was with all of the well-intentioned lies, actually made sense without making any sense. The conclusion of it all being a result of violence is fitting for Sunohara - it would not have made sense for everyone to sit down, have a heart-to-heart, and make up as a result of it. Instead, we are presented with the only real way that disputes are settled between men: a fistfight. Superb.

This arc has already propelled After Story into the 8/10 territory.
Jul 25, 2012 3:59 AM

Aug 2011
I loved this ep. Brought out all the emotions :)

I just know that I'll love the rest of the series.
Jul 29, 2012 7:11 PM
Jan 2012
Mei and Nagisa crying all the time during the fight in the rain annoyed me a little bit.
But still, I loved this episode! Sunohara and Tomoya are perfect friends.
Aug 2, 2012 12:52 AM
May 2012
Re-watching this show and even though this episode is good, it was ruined by the fight between Tomoya and Sunohara. I felt that was very misplaced and as some said, uneccessary. There were many better ways Tomoya could have dealt with the situation. Violence doesn't solve anything. And Nagisa and Mei crying didn't help either. If Tomoyo or Kyou was there they would have stopped it within an instant instead of crying. The fight between Sunohara and the soccer team was very well portrayed. It shows that Sunohara can have a really dark side to him. The fight between Tomoya and Sesaki in episode 8 was epic but this... I'm sorry to say but two best friends for life fighting is just overdoing it. Other than that, really love this show.
Aug 2, 2012 9:59 PM

Feb 2011
How pathetic, can't japs fight alone?
Aug 3, 2012 5:49 AM

Feb 2011
Really intense ep :(
Oct 13, 2012 4:41 PM
Oct 2012
This was great episode. It really got to the root of Sunohara's and Okazaki's relationship. Made me wanna punch the stupid soccer team in the face.
Dec 11, 2012 12:13 PM
GetsugaTENSHO

Jul 2012
That was someee HEAVY Drama! Enjoyed every second of it! Sunohara really a damn cool Supporting character. Those soccer club dudes were BIGGGG ASSholesss. What I didn't really get was why Mei wanted Sunohara to join back that wretched club so BADLY, besides her own little reason for Sunohara, but nothing good can come out of it with those bastardss!!!
張大です for 張大勇督察
Jan 27, 2013 9:16 AM

Nov 2007
Clannad at its worst. Too lazy to write up a proper conflict so you create some antagonistic tools that are ridiculous jackasses just for the heck of it. What the hell, they even started to go violent on a grade (?) school girl. I was laughing. Don't think it was intended that way, but the only way you could possibly enjoy this blatant manipulation would be absolute willingness to digest any shit that's thrown your way.
Feb 23, 2013 9:35 AM

Jan 2012
Best episode so far. That fist fight was rather intense.

Mar 16, 2013 7:45 PM

Jan 2013
So I didn't write about it but I didn't like the previous ep so much. This one helped clear up why I felt ep 3 was out of place. I felt Sunohara was being way too out of character but now this episode helps clear it up.

This ep was very good! Glad Sunohara is acting like himself again. The fight was just perfect...exactly how Sunohara and Okazaki would have handled things (even when fighting each other).

I do want to mirror what others have been saying about Mei. It's nice that she was worried about him but how about the original Clannad? She never showed any sense of care then and now were supposed to believe that she's this great sister? It makes for a nice story though so I guess I'll have to move past it.
-Nothing can stay unchanged. Even so, can you still keep on loving this place?

-Be still my soul; when change and tears are past, all safe and blessed we shall meet at last.
Apr 12, 2013 2:49 AM

Sep 2012
Tomoya and Sunohara are great friends :D
LOL Sunohara still don't know that Sanae is Nagisa's mom XDD
Apr 22, 2013 12:04 AM

Nov 2012
Vurtox said:
What the hell, they even started to go violent on a grade (?) school girl. I was laughing.

me too

phantom19 said:

Mei. It's nice that she was worried about him but how about the original Clannad? She never showed any sense of care then and now were supposed to believe that she's this great sister?

exactly

It was so much overdramatized that it turned out hilarious (Sunohara "to the rescue scene"). Mei that in first season was treating her brother like air suddenly started to care about him only because rival for his attention appeared (fake girlfriend). Let's help onichan to get back to Soccer Club with such a "friendly" atmosphere - great idea.
oagazgwbApr 22, 2013 12:10 AM
May 18, 2013 4:05 AM

Jul 2012
Best episode so far! My only question is that if Sonahara got into a fight with the upperclassmen on the soccer team when he was a freshman, wouldn't all those players have graduated already? Or is it that even the freshman that he didn't fight disliked him for causing them to be disqualified out of the rookie tournament?
May 27, 2013 12:35 AM

Oct 2008
one of the stupidest, most unnecessarily melodramatic episodes in the whole medium
Jun 8, 2013 11:13 AM

Mar 2013
The fight was somehow touching.
Jun 22, 2013 4:21 PM
Jul 2018
Those soccer guys acted like people at my school O__O
Also, nice fight scene(s).
Jul 25, 2013 6:56 PM
Jun 2013
Wow definately the best ep for the anime so far. Very emotional and dramatic. I liked the relationship between Sunohara and Okazaki and how Sunohara has a dark side to him. The fight in the rain was epic. Compared to mediocre Clanned episodes, this is defo up there for me and goes above my original expectations. Clanned just went up by 2 points, almost 3. 8.2/10! A well done episode.
Aug 17, 2013 8:34 AM
Jul 2013
I love Sunohara's episodes. I'd really like he could find a girlfriend. It'd do the things more interesting, I guess ;)
Aug 22, 2013 2:42 PM

Feb 2013
I loved the ending. XD

Sunohara needs to be more like this. Maybe then, Kyou and Tomoyo will think twice in beating him up.

"And if, there were so many people in the world, there had to be someone living an interesting life that wasn't ordinary. I was sure of it. Why wasn't that person me?"
- The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya Part V
[/center]
Sep 5, 2013 7:16 PM

Jan 2013
I knew that Sunohara would appear,or better saying i didn't knew,he had to be there,and so he came,and saved Mei.It was epic,when he kicked that guy!
The fight was awesome,if i'm not wrong they won,i don't care if he will play football or not,he just showed Mei that he loves her and care about her ^^
And by the way this episode show us something bit,a true friendship between two friends!A friendship that never dies!
"There is no such thing as an Anime elitist. You watch Anime, therefore, you are trash by society's standards."

Sep 22, 2013 8:35 AM

Oct 2011
Sunohara and Tomoya's friendship is really great. Sad to see that Mei's gone back home but the next arc should be good!
Oct 2, 2013 12:09 AM

Jun 2013
Superb episode! Tomoya was listening to Dango Daikazoku on his mp3 player before Sunohara and him got into it in the classroom. Mei did her best to help her brother but got taken advantage of by the soccer team. Then Sunohara came and rescued Mei and him and Okazaki kicked those jerk's butts out of the building! Then the latter two got in a fight in the rain (rain makes fights look better, doesn't it?) The next day Sunohara and Tomoya meet up again and laugh off the previous happenings. Sunohara says that a friend in school is a friend for life, and they should goof off while they can. That's what Clannad is all about, the value of friendship, and Sunohara and Tomoya have an ideal friendship. But the best was when Sunohara found out that his "girlfriend" was not Nagisa's sister, but her mom!
GKChesternutOct 2, 2013 12:15 AM
"The will to live is stronger than anything else"
Oct 17, 2013 10:04 PM

Jul 2013
I laughed so hard when Nagisa's dad yelled, "You making a move on my woman, PUNK?!" HAHA, Sunohara cracks me up, and he and Tomoya have the greatest friendship!
Demi Valentine

Follow me on social media!

Facebook | Instagram | Twitter
Nov 2, 2013 12:48 AM

Oct 2013
This episode was just a tempest of emotions. Tomoya and Sunohara's friendship truly reminds me of my best friend and myself.

Favorite episode so far for sure.

Discord: the.path.to.pathos
RateYourMusic
last.fm
Nov 16, 2013 2:08 PM
Oct 2013
that football team fought pretty poorly to be defeated by sunohara and okazaki :/
Nov 23, 2013 7:38 PM

Mar 2009
Sunohara's a jerk but he's a got lot of heart. So glad he finally showed up to defend his sister in the end, and that he and Tomoya are friends again.
Excellent episode!
Mar 19, 2014 4:16 AM

May 2013
Mei so cute
Apr 14, 2014 11:29 PM

Sep 2013
Really liked this episode. I was eating a bagel during the fighting scene between Tomoya and sunahara

May 17, 2014 3:15 PM

Aug 2013
SUNOHARA IS BAAAACK! YESS!
I loved the ending, wiith the clips of Tomoya and Sunohara <3 so adorable!
Pages (7) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Clannad ~After Story~ Episode 22 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

patient_senses - Mar 12, 2009

1170 by -45- »»
May 13, 11:41 PM

Poll: » Clannad ~After Story~ Episode 15 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

mflatischler - Jan 22, 2009

255 by tamildhool111 »»
May 12, 3:57 AM

Poll: » Clannad ~After Story~ Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

OurSocialStatus - Mar 26, 2009

324 by wibugar »»
May 9, 2:44 PM

Poll: » Clannad ~After Story~ Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

slayer545-sama - Nov 20, 2008

245 by jilebi_james23 »»
May 8, 1:57 AM

Poll: » Clannad ~After Story~ Episode 18 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

id - Feb 12, 2009

727 by -45- »»
May 4, 9:12 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.