Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (7) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »
Oct 28, 2008 5:23 AM

Mar 2008
I felt it was a ok episode, but I can't say I'm not glad this arc is over... I like Sunohara better as a comic relief character, that's were he shines the most. And well, Mei is kinda annoying to me...
Well, Tomoya/Youhei's friendship was cool at least :)

But now... if it's gonna be Misae's arc, it means...

MORE SATSUKI YUKINO GOODNESS.
I'd buy that.

Oct 28, 2008 6:53 AM

Apr 2008
awesome episode, and next is the Misae arc *__*

Oct 28, 2008 7:07 AM

Jan 2008
was a bad episode, the whole part where tension's building up, was actually funny, i couldn't keep myself in front of the monitor much, the whole arc was really unnecessary if you ask me <.<
Oct 28, 2008 7:40 AM

Aug 2008
Love it!..5/5!
Sunohara acted so...:D when the "Akio-san!?"
Now, whose arc is next~?
They see me trollin', they hatin'.
Oct 28, 2008 10:50 AM

Mar 2008
OMG ! Violence in my Clannad ?? 0_o

Great episode anyway. Finally, Sunohara was cool.b And yeah, a good fight against a friend is sometimes good to solve problems.

I loved his expression in the end when he understood Sanae is Nagisa's mother ^^
Oct 28, 2008 11:25 AM
Jun 2008
Okasaki "I wanted to try doing stupid things with him" 22.02

guys lets make e club and do stupid things!!
Oct 28, 2008 11:25 AM

Apr 2008
Wow. This episode was so emotional, dramatic and strong it made me hold my breath, cry, laugh... couldn't expect any less from clannad, of course, but it was fantastic!

I found the fight between Okazaki and Sunohana very good. I mean, they are problematic students, known for getting into fights, and they needed to say everything they had to say. What else could have happened?
And then, in the end they find eachother all bruised and just crack up. That was soooo sweet =) It really made my day.
The last couple of minutes had me laughing my ass off xD Okazaki, you're the man
Oct 28, 2008 1:03 PM

Oct 2007
I have one question. Why was this in here.

Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 28, 2008 1:41 PM

Sep 2007
PimpToad said:
...I'm not overly impressed with the way the episode played out. The entire premise of the arc is basically the cast making things worse, and how much of a glaring idiot Sunohara really is. Guess they will continue to show the side-arcs of After Story, meh hopefully Misae's arc is better than this one. Just didn't feel the tension building up in this arc, had an overall mood of 'meh' as I watched the episode.

Hi, you're cool. Because I was skimming every response hoping to find someone who thought nearly the same as I did but I couldn't find anyone D:

But yeah, I didn't feel much of the tension either. Even when Mei cried and that was super sad, it didn't make me feel like crying or anything. I just kind of had a bleh mood throughout the whole episode. One thing I did like about it though was Tomoya's reminiscing about the old days with Sunohara. I really liked seeing the bond between them because it's something you don't really get to see visibly during the other episodes when he's always playing tricks on Sunohara.
Oct 28, 2008 2:08 PM

May 2007
I think Tomoya and Sunohara have some awesome friendship going on. :)

Oct 28, 2008 2:24 PM

Aug 2008
PimpToad said:
...I'm not overly impressed with the way the episode played out. The entire premise of the arc is basically the cast making things worse, and how much of a glaring idiot Sunohara really is. Guess they will continue to show the side-arcs of After Story, meh hopefully Misae's arc is better than this one. Just didn't feel the tension building up in this arc, had an overall mood of 'meh' as I watched the episode.

I agree. There was so much unnecessary drama and overacting that I just couldn't take this arc seriously anymore.
Oct 28, 2008 2:29 PM
Anime DB Admin
BACK FOR MORE?

Jan 2007
Metroid_Ex said:

Don't you know what Mannekin Pis is or are you really just asking why that fountain sculpture was there?

staff.applications  
guidelines.faq 

report.abuse  

thx.skittles  
thx.kina 

[H+] ³  
Oct 28, 2008 2:58 PM

Nov 2007
The slow motion in the soccer club room was a little lame, and the episode lacked the "LOL" factor of last episode, oniichan~ Still, it was a good episode none the less. Okazaki overdid it a little.

Oct 28, 2008 3:17 PM

Oct 2007
cyruz said:
Metroid_Ex said:

Don't you know what Mannekin Pis is or are you really just asking why that fountain sculpture was there?

I didn't know what it was (other thena kid peeing) or why it was there. Now I know what it is though, but why is it there? As a joke.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 28, 2008 3:20 PM

Apr 2008
i like sunohara, but this episode was overall: fail.
i just cant wait for the next episode, im sure its going to make up for this one
Oct 28, 2008 3:29 PM

Feb 2008
Bloody hell.
What a rollercoaster of emotions, I cried bucketloads. Stunning, seriously stunning.
Oct 28, 2008 3:32 PM

Oct 2008
Great episode.
The only thing I have a problem with this time around is surprisingly the ending.
The song is good, but it's too cheery. And they seem to have cut corners on animating the ending. OP is godly on the other hand.

My problem is when sad parts come along in the after story and they play the happy, cheerful ending, it's going to destroy the mood.

When the saddest part comes (something about Nagisa), I truely believe they should change the ending song at least for that episode.

Post not particularly about ep4, but where else could I put this.
Oct 28, 2008 3:49 PM

Aug 2007
Iriya said:

Hi, you're cool. Because I was skimming every response hoping to find someone who thought nearly the same as I did but I couldn't find anyone D:

But yeah, I didn't feel much of the tension either. Even when Mei cried and that was super sad, it didn't make me feel like crying or anything. I just kind of had a bleh mood throughout the whole episode. One thing I did like about it though was Tomoya's reminiscing about the old days with Sunohara. I really liked seeing the bond between them because it's something you don't really get to see visibly during the other episodes when he's always playing tricks on Sunohara.

Greorgy said:

I agree. There was so much unnecessary drama and overacting that I just couldn't take this arc seriously anymore.

This is what happens when you take a gag character and suddenly develop a dramatic story from almost out of nowhere. If the first season was meant to develop the background for each character, then they certainly did one hell of a job establishing Sunohara as your typical sidekick to a male lead. Someone who has no luck with women and someone who plays the gag role, a typical Key story sidekick.
Oct 28, 2008 5:33 PM

Aug 2008
On my opinion, there is nothing in this Sunohara arc. It fails. -This character CAN'T be part of serious stuff. He can't... yet they tried. The problem is why using violence that much, the way it turned was obvious and not original at all. I hoped they could develop on the futur of the charcaters, on the father-son relation, or on the realtion between Nagisa and Tomoya, but no on HIM. He's only good to be kiked by Tomoyo!

Oct 28, 2008 9:08 PM
Nov 2007
After all the character development in the past series on Sunohara, it would be pretty strange to suddenly show his serious side.

It is like you have a friend you knew all you life, whom you know will always laugh at the simplest things, when suddenly you see him suddenly try to break everyone's neck (figuratively) whenever they tried to get close to him
Oct 28, 2008 9:20 PM

May 2008
It was both funny and sad. 5/5!
Oct 28, 2008 9:23 PM

Aug 2008
5/5
Loved it! This is certainly the best anime this season!
Misae seems to have an important role next episode :P
I wanna know what happens next with the little doll though! ^^
Oct 28, 2008 11:23 PM

Dec 2007
Great episode and I loved it. It have a powerful drama. I'm so sad to watch Mei cry. But, I'm glad that Sunohara save his sister. With it, I was very impressed with this epiosde.
Oct 29, 2008 7:21 AM

Dec 2007
Great episode. The drama in this episode was certainly impressing.
Oct 29, 2008 10:18 AM
Dec 2007
I'm not overly impressed with this episodes, as I think most of the drama was self-created by the main cast themselves. Basically, Mei was just self-centered and wanted to shape her brother the way she thought he should be. When they tried, they got unexpected reactions almost to the point of breaking the bond shared by the two friends.

They basically forced this situation to happen, instead of it flowing out naturally. From the past, we already knew Sunohara cared for her sister, and he trusted Okazaki. We didn't need the forced drama to know that. The only things we really learned from this is that Okazaki really just looks at Sunohara as a cheap way of getting laughs and having fun, and the background of how they met and how he was kicked out of the soccer team.

I lol at the people almost at the point of raiding Eclipse's unexistent HQ to force them to release the fansub. Seriously people, chill. You can deal with some days of waiting, can't you? (BTW, SS is also involved with Clannad, don't blame it solely on Eclipse here...Eclipse is actually fairly speedy on their solo projects).

Oct 29, 2008 10:20 AM

Feb 2008
Great episode. I think the fight between the boys was good too. Although the ark was made well (Visual Art's & Key quality), but I don't realy like Sunohara's character and his (and Mei's) storyline so I'm glad they start a new one. :)
Oct 29, 2008 12:26 PM

Mar 2008
Yes: Sunohara Siblings arc is sub-par. Actually, it's the ONLY one that has a cooked-up premise like this.

BUT! You guys HAVE TO GET PUMPED FOR THE SAGARA MISAE ARC! Magic is coming.
Oct 29, 2008 1:44 PM

Aug 2007
Leon-Gun said:

I lol at the people almost at the point of raiding Eclipse's unexistent HQ to force them to release the fansub. Seriously people, chill. You can deal with some days of waiting, can't you? (BTW, SS is also involved with Clannad, don't blame it solely on Eclipse here...Eclipse is actually fairly speedy on their solo projects).

Funny thing is that the episode was already subbed by the waffhouse for a couple of days and yet people still bitch at Eclipse...
Oct 29, 2008 1:52 PM

Oct 2007
Genix said:
5/5

Tytania, ef ~ a tale of melodies, and Kannagi say hello.
Oct 29, 2008 6:49 PM
Dec 2007
Metroid_Ex said:
Genix said:
5/5

Tytania, ef ~ a tale of melodies, and Kannagi say hello.
Have to agree on those last two. It's a little too early to claim which anime is the better one this season as there's quite a few choices right now. Let's reserve that judgement until the fall season ends and we see how the short series panned out and how the longer series are faring.

Oct 29, 2008 9:21 PM

Oct 2008
@ Leon-Gun
"I lol at the people almost at the point of raiding Eclipse's unexistent HQ to force them to release the fansub. Seriously people, chill. You can deal with some days of waiting, can't you? (BTW, SS is also involved with Clannad, don't blame it solely on Eclipse here...Eclipse is actually fairly speedy on their solo projects)."

I so agree with you. People have to realize that these people are doing this for free. A few days wait isn't the end of the world. I myself however was a little antsy at the fact that SS-Eclipse doesn't have some kind of message board to indicate an episode is going to be released later, which is absolutely find by me.

Kannagi is my most pleasant surprise this season. 2nd favourite show under Clannad
Oct 30, 2008 2:40 AM

Jul 2008
hello1357 said:

Kannagi is my most pleasant surprise this season. 2nd favourite show under Clannad

haha, same here. Clannad ~AS~ and Kannagi in my top 5 list, followed by nodame paris, toaru index, and toradora.

And a toilet seat cover.
Website http://akariREMOVED.co.cc/sig/sig.php is reporting as Malware.
Oct 30, 2008 4:16 AM

Jul 2007
good lord that almost made me cry man-tears
Oct 30, 2008 7:42 AM

Nov 2007
best arc yet.
Oct 30, 2008 10:27 AM

Mar 2008
yeah, liked this episode...
Sunohara going to talk with Akio-san, lolz

Oct 30, 2008 11:17 AM
Dec 2007
hello1357 said:
I so agree with you. People have to realize that these people are doing this for free. A few days wait isn't the end of the world. I myself however was a little antsy at the fact that SS-Eclipse doesn't have some kind of message board to indicate an episode is going to be released later, which is absolutely find by me.
SS has a Message Board where they do talk about future and current projects and answer questions, but they do not have a page keeping track of how far ahead they are in subbing specific episodes (in the same way Rumbel or Menclave does). They really should consider having one though instead of having to respond to every question about when a sub is coming out with "It's done when it's done !"

Oct 30, 2008 3:04 PM

Jun 2008
awesome i like the violence in this ;x

glad it worked out though
Oct 30, 2008 3:07 PM

Jul 2008
nice to have some guy drama in a supposedly all girl drama
Oct 30, 2008 4:46 PM

Jul 2008
Alipio said:
nice to have some guy drama in a supposedly all girl drama

I guess after all the character developments that it went through in season 1, they can afford tossing in some drama to spice up the story. Or else it'd get way too dry with just the girls imo.
And a toilet seat cover.
Website http://akariREMOVED.co.cc/sig/sig.php is reporting as Malware.
Nov 1, 2008 9:02 AM
Jul 2018
I found this episode funny but also very gay. As soon as i saw the episode i knew that all the Mei fans were going to be going nuts what with her getting hurt & crap & boy was i right. Not to mention that it was awesome to see okazaki & sunohara get in a fight. i wish the fight had gone on longer but of course Mei & Nagisa had to break it up with their crying. all well. overall yeah this was an ok episode though it would have been cool to see alot in fighting in a series thats mostly comedy. But yeah near the end okazaki was giving sunohara some very gay looks lol.
removed-userNov 1, 2008 9:06 AM
Nov 1, 2008 11:53 AM

Sep 2008
Great episode...
Nov 2, 2008 9:30 AM

Sep 2008
So this confirms they are both totally crazy.
Nov 3, 2008 4:28 AM

Mar 2008
The ending with Sunohara and Sanae made me crack up so much I think the neighbour kid must've waken up or something. X'D

Well, overall a nice episode. The fighting was a bit... too much. I don't like most action anime so I didn't like this too. Although this fighting had a slightly bit of reason.
I'm glad Sunohara and Mei are finally open about their feelings toward each other and everything's al right again. For now...
Nov 3, 2008 9:40 AM

Jan 2008
I'm tempted to say this was the best episode of both seasons... what I know is that After Story gets better and better every episode... Won't be surprised if it ends in top10 overall...
Nov 5, 2008 4:01 AM

Dec 2007
Awesome episode !!!
Nov 5, 2008 3:56 PM
Nov 2007
Nice episode, seems like they finally got Sunohara back to his old self and can move on. Really thought the ending was well done to lighten the mood.

Also if you are wondering why I didnt post "comments made while watching" its because episodes like this one are not really susceptible to humor so I dont want to force myself to come up with something funny.

Anyway its nice to see that Clannad still has its magic charm that made the first season so good.
Nov 18, 2008 10:48 PM

May 2008
great great episode, i dont think I've ever seen one bad episode of clannad ever. thats why i love this anime soooo much...
Nov 24, 2008 6:49 AM

Aug 2008
I like episode xD hahaha
Dec 9, 2008 4:48 PM

Jan 2008
Great episode, really showed the strong friendship between Okazaki and Sunohara.
Dec 10, 2008 1:29 PM

Feb 2008
For some reason I was laughing at the drama when Okazaki and Sunohara were fighting, it was just too ridiculous with the girls crying and them so serious.

Good episode, nice to see some more Clannad. Tasty WS.
Pages (7) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Clannad ~After Story~ Episode 22 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

patient_senses - Mar 12, 2009

1170 by -45- »»
Yesterday, 11:41 PM

Poll: » Clannad ~After Story~ Episode 15 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

mflatischler - Jan 22, 2009

255 by tamildhool111 »»
May 12, 3:57 AM

Poll: » Clannad ~After Story~ Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

OurSocialStatus - Mar 26, 2009

324 by wibugar »»
May 9, 2:44 PM

Poll: » Clannad ~After Story~ Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

slayer545-sama - Nov 20, 2008

245 by jilebi_james23 »»
May 8, 1:57 AM

Poll: » Clannad ~After Story~ Episode 18 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

id - Feb 12, 2009

727 by -45- »»
May 4, 9:12 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.