Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Sword Art Online (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (15) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »
Sep 15, 2012 3:09 PM

Nov 2011
InfiniteDestiny said:
rederoin said:
InfiniteDestiny said:

So your saying this is the first time you disliked an episode in this show? get real, i don't follow the forums all that much so i couldn't say for a fact but i think its quite obvious that what you said isn't the case.

But I never said I disliked the show as a whole, now did I?
Did you acteally check my ratings before assuming such things?(protip, 5 or higher = like, 5 or lower = dislike)

Really, at this point you're no better than a fanboy.

What i was referring to wasn't even about this show, it never was, it was about criticism in general, and how shows with hype get torn to pieces (Guilty Crown) that was my point, while it is true that i like this series before you go label me as a fan boy at least understand what i'm arguing against.

Then word your post better, you made it sound like that just because somebody dislikes a few episodes he should stop watching a show, even though the show has a chance at getting better or has good episodes to make up for the bad ones.

Oh, and already though of you as a fanboy before those posts, to me you seem like one. I don't think I need to explain why.

But whatever, i'm going to leave this thread. Its not worth my time.

My Twitter : link
My Last.fm : link
Sep 15, 2012 3:10 PM

Feb 2008
InfiniteDestiny said:
I'll agree with this, even the best animation isn't enough to sustain a show, and Guilty Crown is a good example that said can you really say that the characters, plot, and developments are worthy of a 1? i mean do you even understand how bad a 1 is, compare it to you other ratings and then compare shows that obviously got higher than a 1 and you will understand what i mean.

Most people don't use a 1/5 in forum threads in an objective light. It more or less just means that they hated or disliked the episode for whatever reason, and considering the reactions in this thread I think it's fairly clear why.

Though do try to understand why people might give it mediocre ratings on their own list.
Sep 15, 2012 3:10 PM

Jul 2012
InfiniteDestiny said:
mystik said:
I'm surprised people like this arc. Freaking boring. I can deal with Kirito/Asito alone time, but an annoying kid? Eh? She doesn't look much younger than them, but has the mind of a child.

It's just annoying. I don't care about this annoying little brat or them trying to be parents all of a sudden.

Yui is already the worst character introduced.

It seems like she is some kind of glitch or something at the end.

I usually love the show, but yeah I voted hate this week. It was just boring, and I hate kids crammed into stories they don't need to be in. She's not cute, she's just annoying. They can further Kirito/Asuna without it. I would like to get back to the action.

I can only suggest that you wait until next episode to judge the arc; after all first impressions can always change, and twists are usually revealed in the latter half.

that's true
Sep 15, 2012 3:12 PM

Dec 2010
rederoin said:
InfiniteDestiny said:
rederoin said:
InfiniteDestiny said:

So your saying this is the first time you disliked an episode in this show? get real, i don't follow the forums all that much so i couldn't say for a fact but i think its quite obvious that what you said isn't the case.

But I never said I disliked the show as a whole, now did I?
Did you acteally check my ratings before assuming such things?(protip, 5 or higher = like, 5 or lower = dislike)

Really, at this point you're no better than a fanboy.

What i was referring to wasn't even about this show, it never was, it was about criticism in general, and how shows with hype get torn to pieces (Guilty Crown) that was my point, while it is true that i like this series before you go label me as a fan boy at least understand what i'm arguing against.

Then word your post better, you made it sound like that just because somebody dislikes a few episodes he should stop watching a show, even though the show has a chance at getting better or has good episodes to make up for the bad ones.

Oh, and already though of you as a fanboy before those posts, to me you seem like one. I don't think I need to explain why.

But whatever, i'm going to leave this thread. Its not worth my time.

Let me ask you this then, when you look at the forums do you honestly think the people "criticizing it" believe it will get better or just hate on it regardless of what it does, i mean it may just be me but i never seen hates go up that high since Guilty Crown, wouldn't you say its fair that there are many people on here who hate it regardless and just watch it to hate on it more? i mean are you going deny the existence of trolls?
Sep 15, 2012 3:12 PM

Nov 2011
Really heart warming episode! It had a soft relaxing feeling that I never get tired of... Along the subject does anyone know the OSTs played in this whole episode? I was wondering will they have a release to them soon or are they already out? If anyone knows can you please message me! Thanks :D
Sep 15, 2012 3:13 PM

Jul 2012
I vote that before anyone posts on the forums a little message pops giving the definition of what an opinion is and how to respect them.
Sep 15, 2012 3:14 PM

Sep 2012
Cute daughter get ! I'm satisfied that they took one episode to introduce her, I was a little afraid of a rush here.

4/5.
Sep 15, 2012 3:15 PM

Dec 2010
Veronin said:
InfiniteDestiny said:
I'll agree with this, even the best animation isn't enough to sustain a show, and Guilty Crown is a good example that said can you really say that the characters, plot, and developments are worthy of a 1? i mean do you even understand how bad a 1 is, compare it to you other ratings and then compare shows that obviously got higher than a 1 and you will understand what i mean.

Most people don't use a 1/5 in forum threads in an objective light. It more or less just means that they hated or disliked the episode for whatever reason, and considering the reactions in this thread I think it's fairly clear why.

Though do try to understand why people might give it mediocre ratings on their own list.

So your saying ratings are based on impulse? wouldn't that apply to the ratings in their own lists as well...because after all with how many series many people watch they may forget how good or bad something was and when they compare two series they would see the difference, thats all i meant. That people who give SAO ridiculously low scores only to give other series which are inferior in plot,character, etc do so out of difference in taste not objective criticism of the show itself.
Sep 15, 2012 3:18 PM

Aug 2012
DAYUM Yui is a fine piece of flesh. If I was Kirito I'd ditch Asuna for her.
Sep 15, 2012 3:20 PM

Jul 2012
InfiniteDestiny said:
Veronin said:
InfiniteDestiny said:

That people who give SAO ridiculously low scores only to give other series which are inferior in plot,character, etc do so out of difference in taste not objective criticism of the show itself.

Quit trying to talk for every person who gives this a low score. It's possible that they give SAO ridiculously low scores because they don't see anything that would make them want to give it a high score. If I were to rate it now I'd give it a 3. It gets 1 point for the good animation and 2 for the great music. I'm not going to give it a higher score for a plot that I believe is non-existent, badly paced and terribly executed and for characters that I believe are unrealistic, one-dimensional, forgettable and unlikeable.

Just because someone hates something doesn't mean it's because it's "out of their tastes," that's like saying just because someone loves something it's in their tastes. It's really sad how you're trying to compensate for the hate SAO gets by claiming that everyone who doesn't like it has no idea what they're talking about and is obviously doing it for the reasons you formulated up.
Sep 15, 2012 3:24 PM

Jan 2012
Not sure if i enjoyed this episode. Yui got on my nerves and not much really happened.
Sep 15, 2012 3:24 PM

Jun 2010
@ihateeveryone: Non existent plot? Trolling? LOL.

Oh well, about this episde, they again changed the order of the scenes. Doesn't really matter if they are going to show the rest. Man, I was waiting for the guy who was pointing the apple and shit. I wanna know what he looks like. He explained about the tax of The Army. Of course the Anime will skip that. The director's most hated word is "explanation".

Not much to rant this episode. Asuna and Yui are so cute.

Goodluck with 100 pages guys, Let's see what new topic will you create now in this episode discussion.
Sep 15, 2012 3:26 PM

Jan 2008
-MgZ_ said:
Goodluck with 100 pages guys, Let's see what new topic will you create now in this episode discussion.

Can't say this episode is worth 100 pages of discussion, not really much to discuss.

Feb 2008
Haha yeah it's like endless war

HibiChouchou said:
U guys never change eh.

Each episode, 20+ first page for flame war.

Then everyone gets bored and leave.

Wait until Saturday/Sunday whenever a new episode comes out.

Guess what? FLAME WARs happen again.

Like a circular cycle.

Nothing ventured, nothing gained (Girls und Panzer der Film ) / from Nishizumi Miho

May 2011
-MgZ_ said:

I agree, horrible argument. Stop trying.
Sep 15, 2012 3:27 PM
May 2009
Like it, don't love it
Sep 15, 2012 3:29 PM

May 2012
I'm really intrigued with Yui, I wonder what her deal is? Maybe she's some apocalypse child of SAO?! That would be cool! Oh, and all of those Kirito x Asuna moments were toothache inducing! :D
"No matter how much of a genius one is, in front of the Uchiha name, they're just ordinary people." - Sasuke Uchiha

Sep 15, 2012 3:29 PM
Oct 2011
ihateeveryone said:
InfiniteDestiny said:
Veronin said:
InfiniteDestiny said:

That people who give SAO ridiculously low scores only to give other series which are inferior in plot,character, etc do so out of difference in taste not objective criticism of the show itself.

Quit trying to talk for every person who gives this a low score. It's possible that they give SAO ridiculously low scores because they don't see anything that would make them want to give it a high score. If I were to rate it now I'd give it a 3. It gets 1 point for the good animation and 2 for the great music. I'm not going to give it a higher score for a plot that I believe is non-existent, badly paced and terribly executed and for characters that I believe are unrealistic, one-dimensional, forgettable and unlikeable.

Just because someone hates something doesn't mean it's because it's "out of their tastes," that's like saying just because someone loves something it's in their tastes. It's really sad how you're trying to compensate for the hate SAO gets by claiming that everyone who doesn't like it has no idea what they're talking about and is obviously doing it for the reasons you formulated up.
It's not believe, SAO has till now no plot, all we got was a great misleading first episode then the other MC was introduced, Kirito met girl 1, she died, then he met girl 2, a loli, helped her, then girl 3, a mystery case, then girl 4 who fell in love with him, then re-grouped with the girl MC to make him sandwiches and fight for her sake, then asked to marry her, then went on a honey-moon and met girl 5 who's a kid. Where do you see a plot in there? There's none.
Sep 15, 2012 3:30 PM
Jul 2012
Paul said:
-MgZ_ said:

Can't say this episode is worth 100 pages of discussion, not really much to discuss.

Theres no sex, therefore nothing to discuss
Sep 15, 2012 3:30 PM

Jun 2009
Since I don't understand I'm going to spoil myself :B
Yui is cute tho :(

Edit: ...OH...
Sep 15, 2012 3:31 PM

Aug 2008
kenshin_sama said:
-MgZ_ said:

Where is the plot? The plot so far has been..."get to floor 100"

Other than that, what has happened plot wise to further that? Nothing that's what.
Sep 15, 2012 3:33 PM

Feb 2008
InfiniteDestiny said:
Veronin said:
InfiniteDestiny said:

So your saying ratings are based on impulse? wouldn't that apply to the ratings in their own lists as well...because after all with how many series many people watch they may forget how good or bad something was and when they compare two series they would see the difference, thats all i meant. That people who give SAO ridiculously low scores only to give other series which are inferior in plot,character, etc do so out of difference in taste not objective criticism of the show itself.

Not really, since episode ratings and list ratings are fundamentally different since the latter is based on the overall quality of the series. It's entirely possible to hate a few episodes but enjoy the series as a whole, or conversely love a couple episodes but dislike the entire series. This is why episode ratings aren't representative of the general opinion towards a show.

Sword Art Online is not an awful, abysmal series devoid of any merit at all but it does have some significant flaws that should always be addressed. It's how much these flaws annoy or impact each individual that determines the rating for them. For me and for others, these issues prevent SAO from being an enjoyable or good experience and in my case it can certainly be compared to a lot of the poor anime I've seen so far. It has great animation and soundtrack but being polished does not make an anime good for me. I dig deeper than the surface and unfortunately SAO does not hold up.
Sep 15, 2012 3:34 PM

Dec 2010
Candor said:
ihateeveryone said:
InfiniteDestiny said:
Veronin said:
InfiniteDestiny said:

It's not believe, SAO has till now no plot, all we got was a great misleading first episode then the other MC was introduced, Kirito met girl 1, she died, then he met girl 2, a loli, helped her, then girl 3, a mystery case, then girl 4 who fell in love with him, then re-grouped with the girl MC to make him sandwiches and fight for her sake, then asked to marry her, then went on a honey-moon and met girl 5 who's a kid. Where do you see a plot in there? There's none.

There are different forms of development, there don't need to be sequences of events which all link to one goal. Lots of show build themselves on character development, and whether you like the development or not it is indeed there. For all you people complaining that its not a straight line progress then you may actually like ALO more than SAO considering the way ALO is structured (which is a rarity thats almost nonexistent for novel readers but for anime only watchers it may just happen that way)

Jun 2010
Omg looks like the topic for this week is versus the plot believers and the non-plot believers! Somebody from the plot believers speak up!

Jul 2012
kenshin_sama said:
-MgZ_ said:

Not trolling, just giving out what I think of the series.

As far as I know, the initial plot is to get to floor 100 and beat the game, and I'm pretty sure getting married to a pretty girl then moving away isn't exactly going on par with said plot.
Sep 15, 2012 3:36 PM

Feb 2008
Damn!

I'm kind of feeling annoying about this flaming every week, why did I even bother scrolling and check each pages.

There is more hates that likes for this episode, sorry but I couldn't see anything wrong with this episode.

I love it <3

Endless Wars here we go!! That's it

I don't care anymore what everyone else say, but somehow I can't agree with people that this episode was horrible.

Nothing ventured, nothing gained (Girls und Panzer der Film ) / from Nishizumi Miho

Sep 15, 2012 3:37 PM

Dec 2010
Veronin said:
InfiniteDestiny said:
Veronin said:
InfiniteDestiny said:

Not really, since episode ratings and list ratings are fundamentally different since the latter is based on the overall quality of the series. It's entirely possible to hate a few episodes but enjoy the series as a whole, or conversely love a couple episodes but dislike the entire series. This is why episode ratings aren't representative of the general opinion towards a show.

Sword Art Online is not an awful, abysmal series devoid of any merit at all but it does have some significant flaws that should always be addressed. It's how much these flaws annoy or impact each individual that determines the rating for them. For me and for others, these issues prevent SAO from being an enjoyable or good experience and in my case it can certainly be compared to a lot of the poor anime I've seen so far. It has great animation and soundtrack but being polished does not make an anime good for me. I dig deeper than the surface and unfortunately SAO does not hold up.

Thats perfectly fine also, since this is what i meant by objective criticism, you don't have to like the show, i never for one second even wanted to convince people to like it, i just wanted to understand whats the point in watching something that you simply insult week after week with no signs of trying to understand the show or believe it to have chances to get better. If people watch it in hopes that it will get better they should more open minded about the show itself otherwise even if i did improve (by their standards) they may not even notice it.
Sep 15, 2012 3:39 PM

Feb 2008
@InfiniteDestiny

Haha ignoring them would be the best, whatever you say won't get throught. You know what I mean xD
They will only be more counter attacking in return.

I don't get it why they make such a posts every week and keep watching it when they hate it.
When you hate anime don't you usually drop it. O_o
I'm a kind person so I try not to drop it.
BlackbirdSep 15, 2012 3:42 PM

Mar 2012
Candor said:

I agree with this so much. It doesn't have a fucking plot. It was so promising and then it all went down.
As for this episode. It was just plain bad imo. Kirito and Asuna playing to be parents is really not interesting to me.

Dec 2010
ihateeveryone said:
kenshin_sama said:
-MgZ_ said:

As far as I know, the initial plot is to get to floor 100 and beat the game, and I'm pretty sure getting married to a pretty girl then moving away isn't exactly going on par with said plot.

So because they don't go the lame level by level approach and deviate with character development it has a non existent plot? last time i checked they are still moving up in levels, and conflicts have risen like with Laughing Coffin and the weird occurrence during the Heathcliff duel, not to mention this very arc, where anime only viewers don't know the full deal with Yui yet.
Sep 15, 2012 3:40 PM

Jun 2010
Blackbird said:
@InfiniteDestiny

Haha ignoring them would be the best, whatever you say won't get throught. You know what I mean xD

No! Don't ignore them. Go Infinite im rooting for you!
Sep 15, 2012 3:41 PM

Dec 2010
Blackbird said:
@InfiniteDestiny

Its a shame...but your right, i was overly optimistic in thinking that if i used a standpoint not even relating to this show but criticism in general that they would listen, hasn't been the case tho XD
Sep 15, 2012 3:42 PM

Dec 2010
-MgZ_ said:
Blackbird said:
@InfiniteDestiny

No! Don't ignore them. Go Infinite im rooting for you!

They are filtering out what i'm saying tho :P
Sep 15, 2012 3:42 PM
Oct 2011
InfiniteDestiny said:
Candor said:
ihateeveryone said:
InfiniteDestiny said:
Veronin said:
InfiniteDestiny said:

There are different forms of development, there don't need to be sequences of events which all link to one goal. Lots of show build themselves on character development, and whether you like the development or not it is indeed there. For all you people complaining that its not a straight line progress then you may actually like ALO more than SAO considering the way ALO is structured (which is a rarity thats almost nonexistent for novel readers but for anime only watchers it may just happen that way)
It's basically just meeting cute girls and dating & marrying one and having kids (or adopting one) inside a virtual-reality game (almost every Otaku's/Gamer's dream), nothing more to it than that till now, that's the development you're speaking about here I guess.

Btw wasn't ALO another game? So SAO (the game) is gonna end in this adaptation and they're gonna reach ALO? and when approx. will that happen? just wondering.
Sep 15, 2012 3:45 PM

Dec 2010
Candor said:
InfiniteDestiny said:
Candor said:
ihateeveryone said:
InfiniteDestiny said:
Veronin said:
InfiniteDestiny said:

It's basically just meeting cute girls and dating & marrying one inside a virtual-reality game (almost every Otaku's/Gamer's dream), nothing more to it than that till now, that's the development you're speaking about here I guess. Btw wasn't ALO another game? So SAO (the game) is gonna end in this adaptation and they're gonna reach ALO? and when approx. will that happen? just wondering.

Well.....there is gonna be one more Yui episode then there should be 2 more episodes for the finale, so 3 more episodes till ALO which is volume 3 and 4. the novels for ALO are WAY inferior to SAO but that said it is structured in such a way that there won't be any little side stories like this, its a straight line in terms of plot; people need to understand.....that they are animating volume 1 and 2 in chronological order, there is obviously going to be some problems in such a transfer since the original novel was set up differently...
Sep 15, 2012 3:47 PM

Aug 2008
InfiniteDestiny said:
ihateeveryone said:
kenshin_sama said:
-MgZ_ said:

So because they don't go the lame level by level approach and deviate with character development it has a non existent plot? last time i checked they are still moving up in levels, and conflicts have risen like with Laughing Coffin and the weird occurrence during the Heathcliff duel, not to mention this very arc, where anime only viewers don't know the full deal with Yui yet.

hints at a plot don't really constitute as a full out plot yet. So far it's going with a similar approach to Persona 3's first 6 months. There are hints of a plot (that are spoken out predictably "Oh man I think something bad is going to happen soon") and of course there have been side plots but so far it's been pretty episodic in it's approach.

Would be ok if it would actually take the time to develop and flesh out it's characters in the mean time, rather than keeping them fairly two-dimensional.
Sep 15, 2012 3:49 PM

May 2011
HibiChouchou said:
You don't need any reasons to be a hater.
And haters don't need any reasons to hate the show.

And the difference when it comes to fanboying the shit out of it and loving it is?

Vandesdelca said:
People who rated this weeks episode a 1/5 are probably the type who only watch SAO for the sword fights.

And people who rated it 5/5 are probably virgins who will never get a gf or bf, or how would you put it?

Veronin said:
InfiniteDestiny said:

I think, and do so, too.

kenshin_sama said:
-MgZ_ said:

I see no problem on calling it a non existent. Unless I was to think it in some other way than rationally.
I definitely have superpowers. I can feel it in my balls.
Sep 15, 2012 3:50 PM

Jun 2010
InfiniteDestiny said:
they are animating volume 1 and 2 in chronological order, there is obviously going to be some problems in such a transfer since the original novel was set up differently...

I agree. It's because they did it chronologically that the anime is having problems.
Sep 15, 2012 3:51 PM
Oct 2011
InfiniteDestiny said:

Well.....there is gonna be one more Yui episode then there should be 2 more episodes for the finale, so 3 more episodes till ALO which is volume 3 and 4. the novels for ALO are WAY inferior to SAO but that said it is structured in such a way that there won't be any little side stories like this, its a straight line in terms of plot; people need to understand.....that they are animating volume 1 and 2 in chronological order, there is obviously going to be some problems in such a transfer since the original novel was set up differently...

I guess I have some patience till then, there's nothing to watch after-all before fall (which holds lots of interesting names) and SAO has some potential, so let's wait and see. and thanks for the info btw.
Sep 15, 2012 3:52 PM

May 2011
InfiniteDestiny said:
Redfoxoffire said:
InfiniteDestiny said:
Redfoxoffire said:
How the fuck did this show manage to get so stupid?

Very thoughtout post...then people like rederion wonder what i'm talking about....

I thought it went without saying.

No ones train of thought is absolute that applies to mine as well as yours, so there is no such thing as goes without saying since you make it seem like its a given people would agree with you, you should know well enough that isn't the case.

How would you define a hypocrite?
I definitely have superpowers. I can feel it in my balls.
Sep 15, 2012 3:53 PM

Jul 2012
InfiniteDestiny said:
ihateeveryone said:
kenshin_sama said:
-MgZ_ said:

When did I ever say that? They haven't dealt with anything that has to do with the real plot for 11 episodes - it's all been side stories or some little conflict that contributes nothing to the overall story. Even if they're moving up levels there's nothing that's happened to help contribute to the main conflict.

That's exactly it, we're anime only viewers so you can't kill us for thinking about the series the way that we are. We're gonna judge based off of what we know and if that pisses you off SO MUCH then go discuss SAO with people who've read the light novel.
Sep 15, 2012 3:54 PM

Dec 2010
Karhu said:
InfiniteDestiny said:
Redfoxoffire said:
InfiniteDestiny said:
Redfoxoffire said:
How the fuck did this show manage to get so stupid?

Very thoughtout post...then people like rederion wonder what i'm talking about....

I thought it went without saying.

No ones train of thought is absolute that applies to mine as well as yours, so there is no such thing as goes without saying since you make it seem like its a given people would agree with you, you should know well enough that isn't the case.

How would you define a hypocrite?

If you think i'm being a hypocrite you could just say so you know, i never once wanted to force my thoughts on others, i simply am questioning what they think is the difference between trolling and valid criticism, that is all, and it wasn't even pertaining to this show but from a general view. It was curiosity, i never even meant to insult anyone.
Sep 15, 2012 3:56 PM

Dec 2010
-MgZ_ said:
InfiniteDestiny said:
they are animating volume 1 and 2 in chronological order, there is obviously going to be some problems in such a transfer since the original novel was set up differently...

I agree. It's because they did it chronologically that the anime is having problems.

It would have been hard if not impossible to do it otherwise tho, i said this a long time ago but SAO is a difficult LN to animate properly. It is greatly written, but its structure makes it difficult.
Sep 15, 2012 3:57 PM

Mar 2011
Oh shit the end gave me chills. Wondering what next episode happens.
Sep 15, 2012 3:58 PM

Jun 2010
InfiniteDestiny said:
-MgZ_ said:
InfiniteDestiny said:

It would have been hard if not impossible to do it otherwise tho, i said this a long time ago but SAO is a difficult LN to animate properly. It is greatly written, but its structure makes it difficult.
But I really think a different production studio can do better.
Sep 15, 2012 3:58 PM

Jun 2012
Praise SAO all you want, you can't really say that the plot is stellar. All we had are a bunch of time skips. Even in the light novel there was just a massive time skip to where Kirito is level 94. Seriously, when I first watched SAO I expected watching an anime that genuinely tried to emulate an MMORPG. You know, where you have to actually work to get strong. Instead, we get a guy who magically becomes one of the strongest players there, and the only explanation we get is "lolgrinding." As if SAO didn't have some of the most hardcore MMORPG enthusiasts there.

/rant

Anyone, this episode was meh to below average. Seems so boring.
Sep 15, 2012 3:59 PM

Dec 2010
ihateeveryone said:
InfiniteDestiny said:
ihateeveryone said:
kenshin_sama said:
-MgZ_ said:

When did I ever say that? They haven't dealt with anything that has to do with the real plot for 11 episodes - it's all been side stories or some little conflict that contributes nothing to the overall story. Even if they're moving up levels there's nothing that's happened to help contribute to the main conflict.

That's exactly it, we're anime only viewers so you can't kill us for thinking about the series the way that we are. We're gonna judge based off of what we know and if that pisses you off SO MUCH then go discuss SAO with people who've read the light novel.

Wouldn't this ask the question on what you believe the story to be? Think about it, when stranded in such a game there are issues to be solved instead of just leveling up, like character ones, for Kirito it was bearing the burden that others may die before him, like the Black Cats, for Asuna it was understanding what was reality, she denied SAO because she thought it was all a bad dream it was just a sick game and her reality was back home, for Lizbeth it was loneliness, she had trouble bearing the idea that she was truly alone in that world, so on and so forth. the development is there, whether people like the characters or no is a different story.
Sep 15, 2012 4:01 PM

Oct 2010
that mummy daddy stuff was a bit ridiculous, but yui is sort of cute, still they could of leaved that stuff for later just felt way to cheesy
Sep 15, 2012 4:01 PM

Dec 2010
Uberchu said:
Praise SAO all you want, you can't really say that the plot is stellar. All we had are a bunch of time skips. Even in the light novel there was just a massive time skip to where Kirito is level 94. Seriously, when I first watched SAO I expected watching an anime that genuinely tried to emulate an MMORPG. You know, where you have to actually work to get strong. Instead, we get a guy who magically becomes one of the strongest players there, and the only explanation we get is "lolgrinding." As if SAO didn't have some of the most hardcore MMORPG enthusiasts there.

/rant

Before i go further let me get this straight, what you want is a cliche shounen? because "you know, where you have to actually work to get strong" that is what you just said, in shounens particularly the big 3 there are all kinds of BS powerups way more BS than in SAO. Kirito DID work and if you ever actually played a MMORPG you should know leveling up takes TIME, do you really want a episode of nothing but killing the same monsters over and over again to level up? i mean seriously i dnt get what you meant, i think i misunderstood you.
Sep 15, 2012 4:03 PM
Aug 2012
InfiniteDestiny said:
Uberchu said:

/rant

Before i go further let me get this straight, what you want is a cliche shounen? because "you know, where you have to actually work to get strong" that is what you just said, in shounens particularly the big 3 there are all kinds of BS powerups way more BS than in SAO. Kirito DID work and if you ever actually played a MMORPG you should know leveling up takes TIME, do you really want a episode of nothing but killing the same monsters over and over again to level up? i mean seriously i dnt get what you meant, i think i misunderstood you.

I would just leave it be...

I like the show and everything, but it's not THAT good, they have some pretty good points.

It honestly is a more long term story, I don't think it is suited for a 25 episode run...
Pages (15) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» Overall do you enjoy watching SAO? What do you like about it? :) ( 1 2 )

Rinrinka - Apr 15

72 by katnissmaezie »»
Today, 1:05 AM

» What even is SAO anymore? ( 1 2 )

Jason-Skyrunner - Apr 27

53 by soli1239 »»
May 6, 8:27 PM

» We need a reboot

Superninjaboy2 - Mar 15

32 by Jason-Skyrunner »»
May 1, 5:20 PM

Poll: » Sword Art Online Episode 23 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

bippo - Dec 8, 2012

480 by amf85 »»
Apr 27, 5:20 PM

Poll: » Sword Art Online Episode 19 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Nov 10, 2012

680 by amf85 »»
Apr 27, 2:32 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.