Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Sword Art Online (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (15) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »
Sep 15, 2012 2:21 PM
Sep 2011
oh well they probably cover all 4vol within 25episode.
Whoever wished for full pacing, developments is a retard.
Sep 15, 2012 2:22 PM

Dec 2010
Dessiato said:
ihateeveryone said:
Dessiato said:
hyperknees91 said:
Dessiato said:
Veronin said:
InfiniteDestiny said:
rederoin said:
InfiniteDestiny said:
and the 13 hates already posted so that people have little to no valid reason to hate this show, it just doesn't fit their tastes than they rant to try to justify their opinions but in the end thats all it is, ranting.

Who are you to decide what is a valid reason and what is not a valid reason?

Have you even read the forums? try telling me that is valid, i'm dead serious, have you even read the forums? You ask me what valid is? i reply with this, sarcasm and one sentence troll remarks blatantly insulting characters is not valid.

How about my criticisms here? Is this not valid and detailed enough?

http://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=489373&show=40#msg17006813

Quit it with the fanboyism please.

Your criticisms are extremely opinionated.

If I were in a life or death situation, developing relationships would definitely be hastened.

I think many of the qualms people have with this show is that they cannot apply social logic to any of the character interactions, if the interaction is not spelt out, or fully explained, it is therefore bad.

The problem with this show is that there was development in the relationships....it was just all off screen. The relationships weren't hastened per-say you just never got to actually see any of it. Except for the Lizbeth episode, which is just kind of lousy. She fell in love with him for simply going on an adventure with him...and no other reason (would have worked for mild infatuation but the seemingly deep and wounded love made it unbelievable).

But yeah I blame time-skips for all of that.

If you are expecting proper judgement from a 14-15 year old female in how she decides to like a male, you are missing some social queues...

People should remember that we aren't watching grown adults wander around in this game...

You're implying that all 14-15 year old girls are incapable of properly deciding why she likes someone else.

Yeah pretty much.

These SAO threads truly prove that opinions = buttholes
Sep 15, 2012 2:23 PM
Aug 2012
epicscreator said:
Dessiato said:
ihateeveryone said:
Dessiato said:
hyperknees91 said:
Dessiato said:
Veronin said:
InfiniteDestiny said:
rederoin said:
InfiniteDestiny said:
and the 13 hates already posted so that people have little to no valid reason to hate this show, it just doesn't fit their tastes than they rant to try to justify their opinions but in the end thats all it is, ranting.

Have you even read the forums? try telling me that is valid, i'm dead serious, have you even read the forums? You ask me what valid is? i reply with this, sarcasm and one sentence troll remarks blatantly insulting characters is not valid.

How about my criticisms here? Is this not valid and detailed enough?

http://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=489373&show=40#msg17006813

Quit it with the fanboyism please.

Your criticisms are extremely opinionated.

If I were in a life or death situation, developing relationships would definitely be hastened.

I think many of the qualms people have with this show is that they cannot apply social logic to any of the character interactions, if the interaction is not spelt out, or fully explained, it is therefore bad.

The problem with this show is that there was development in the relationships....it was just all off screen. The relationships weren't hastened per-say you just never got to actually see any of it. Except for the Lizbeth episode, which is just kind of lousy. She fell in love with him for simply going on an adventure with him...and no other reason (would have worked for mild infatuation but the seemingly deep and wounded love made it unbelievable).

But yeah I blame time-skips for all of that.

If you are expecting proper judgement from a 14-15 year old female in how she decides to like a male, you are missing some social queues...

People should remember that we aren't watching grown adults wander around in this game...

You're implying that all 14-15 year old girls are incapable of properly deciding why she likes someone else.

Yeah pretty much.

These SAO threads truly prove that opinions = buttholes

That was mainly just a jab, of course that's not completely true.
Sep 15, 2012 2:24 PM

Nov 2007
I'm surprised people like this arc. Freaking boring. I can deal with Kirito/Asito alone time, but an annoying kid? Eh? She doesn't look much younger than them, but has the mind of a child.

It's just annoying. I don't care about this annoying little brat or them trying to be parents all of a sudden.

Yui is already the worst character introduced.

It seems like she is some kind of glitch or something at the end.

I usually love the show, but yeah I voted hate this week. It was just boring, and I hate kids crammed into stories they don't need to be in. She's not cute, she's just annoying. They can further Kirito/Asuna without it. I would like to get back to the action.
Sep 15, 2012 2:24 PM
Jun 2012
Ugh, so much moe, so little substance.
Sep 15, 2012 2:25 PM

Aug 2008
SAO I'm sorry, but you can't match the loli moe Kokoro Connect had

Good episode though.

That lucky bastard Kirito getting to have his head between Asuna's sweet thighs.

Aug 2012
ihateeveryone said:
Do you want me to give you a full fledged out description as to why I liked someone this year or would you rather put down your ignorant beliefs? I'm pretty sure most girls are able to spend one day with a boy and a day later know that they aren't in love with him.

I appologize, I thought the joke would of come off a bit more obvious...

Of course that's not exactly true, but I think it can be agreed upon that making decisions such as hers are much easier the younger one is.
Jul 2018
Awesome episode KiritoxAsuna foreva!
Sep 2011
wtf with all those quotations?
STOP it
Sep 15, 2012 2:26 PM

Sep 2012
I miss Lizbeth badly. >_<
I miss Silica very very very badly. T_T
If only there's an extra episode where everyone go for a picnic or something.

However, I do agree that Kirito and Asuna make quite a good couple and Yui will be an awesome daughter. Wish them the best!! :')
Sep 15, 2012 2:27 PM

Aug 2008
mystik said:
I'm surprised people like this arc. Freaking boring. I can deal with Kirito/Asito alone time, but an annoying kid? Eh? She doesn't look much younger than them, but has the mind of a child.

It's just annoying. I don't care about this annoying little brat or them trying to be parents all of a sudden.

I usually love the show, but yeah I voted hate this week. It was just boring, and I hate kids crammed into stories they don't need to be in. She's not cute, she's just annoying. They can further Kirito/Asuna without it. I would like to get back to the action.

She barely did anything how is she annoying?

Sep 15, 2012 2:27 PM

Dec 2009
It's an adaptation, Unless SAO: Progressive came out first rather than the original web novel there would be a very hard time connecting the side stories together.

But yeah, the studio decided to adapt Vol. 1-4 rather than wait for Progressive to get more SAO Arc content which would have been lot more coherent. (Was just reading SS: Rondo of the Transient Sword yesterday and there's a lot of what people are looking for. Coherent chronological developments, action, Character interactions and the like)
Sep 15, 2012 2:28 PM

Sep 2011
Lame no fishing :(
Sep 15, 2012 2:28 PM
Sep 2011
You don't need any reasons to be a hater.
And haters don't need any reasons to hate the show.
Sep 15, 2012 2:32 PM
Aug 2012
NettoAzure said:
It's an adaptation, Unless SAO: Progressive came out first rather than the original web novel there would be a very hard time connecting the side stories together.

But yeah, the studio decided to adapt Vol. 1-4 rather than wait for Progressive to get more SAO Arc content which would have been lot more coherent. (Was just reading SS: Rondo of the Transient Sword yesterday and there's a lot of what people are looking for. Coherent chronological developments, action, Character interactions and the like)

^This

I don't watch this show to get 100% of what I saw in the LN.

I just want to have the joy of seeing one of my favourite stories become animatied, and I don't think the show has missed anything critical.
Sep 15, 2012 2:33 PM

Jul 2012
Dessiato said:
ihateeveryone said:
Do you want me to give you a full fledged out description as to why I liked someone this year or would you rather put down your ignorant beliefs? I'm pretty sure most girls are able to spend one day with a boy and a day later know that they aren't in love with him.

I appologize, I thought the joke would of come off a bit more obvious...

Of course that's not exactly true, but I think it can be agreed upon that making decisions such as hers are much easier the younger one is.

Sorry, I posted that after reading your post and deleted it. Just disregard that, my mistake.
Sep 15, 2012 2:35 PM

Dec 2010
rederoin said:
InfiniteDestiny said:
rederoin said:
InfiniteDestiny said:

Not all of those 13 who voted "hate" posted in this thread, now did they?

The funny part is how you insult me, yet i've said not insulting. And then you expect me to insult you and that somehow makes me the troll.
Do you even know what a troll is?

I never insulted you, i simply asked if you read the forums, and then disagreed with your interpretation of whats valid by saying that many posts are indeed sarcastic and trolling remarks of hate, these said posts are not valid in criticism at all.
Sep 15, 2012 2:36 PM

Apr 2010
People who rated this weeks episode a 1/5 are probably the type who only watch SAO for the sword fights.

I haven't read this particular section of the light novel so it helped to clarify a few things I didn't know.

If Yui wasn't introduced here it will be confusing later on so it is necessary.

5/5
Sep 15, 2012 2:38 PM
Oct 2011
GuZ said:
laughatyouxd said:
this episode is so epic. krito and asuna got a kid. makes me so happy the first happy romance anime yet. other anime's always have some kind of problem in the end.

A good quote indeed, what a wise man Watashi was.

InfiniteDestiny said:
therandomestguy said:
InfiniteDestiny said:
therandomestguy said:
hmm this was my least favorite episode...not very exciting...

still love the show though

Well its to be expected, after all this steps away from the conflict (literally) and focuses on developments in other areas, but these episodes are important all the same.

yea i expected it to be my least favorite when she said in last ep they should leave the frontlines and move to floor 22. i guess you're right it's important to develop other areas though even if it's not as entertaining. I'm sure it'll get back to being more interesting to me soon

Well Yui's arc is only two episodes, so you won't have to wait long, one more episode left, thats it.
I remember hearing the same thing during the side-stories, so till when things will stay this way? I mean just focusing on the couple and nothing else..?
Sep 15, 2012 2:38 PM

Dec 2010
Vandesdelca said:
People who rated this weeks episode a 1/5 are probably the type who only watch SAO for the sword fights.

That or they were the type to rate it a 1 regardless of what the episode was like, you may be surprised at simply how many of those people there really are T_T
Sep 15, 2012 2:39 PM
Aug 2012
InfiniteDestiny said:
Vandesdelca said:

That or they were the type to rate it a 1 regardless of what the episode was like, you may be surprised at simply how many of those people there really are T_T

Quite a few..

I just find it so strange, we are given an episode that I think had some real substance, and the ratings tank...
Sep 15, 2012 2:41 PM

Dec 2010
Candor said:
GuZ said:
laughatyouxd said:
this episode is so epic. krito and asuna got a kid. makes me so happy the first happy romance anime yet. other anime's always have some kind of problem in the end.

A good quote indeed, Watashi was really a wise man.

InfiniteDestiny said:
therandomestguy said:
InfiniteDestiny said:
therandomestguy said:
hmm this was my least favorite episode...not very exciting...

still love the show though

Well its to be expected, after all this steps away from the conflict (literally) and focuses on developments in other areas, but these episodes are important all the same.

yea i expected it to be my least favorite when she said in last ep they should leave the frontlines and move to floor 22. i guess you're right it's important to develop other areas though even if it's not as entertaining. I'm sure it'll get back to being more interesting to me soon

Well Yui's arc is only two episodes, so you won't have to wait long, one more episode left, thats it.
I remember hearing the same thing during the side-stories, so till when things will stay this way? I mean just focusing on the couple and nothing else..?

Well the side stories developed or rather introduced characters like Lizbeth and such, and all of the SS were actually in volume 2. Volume 1 is the main story (which has a huge time skip, pretty much its the first episode then it skips to episode 8) The Yui SS goes back to volume 2 but at the same time the anime has been keeping a chronological order. Also i would say that it does focus on Kirito and Asuna as it develops their relationship in terms to how they react with Yui.
Sep 15, 2012 2:41 PM

Jun 2008
How the fuck did this show manage to get so stupid?
Sep 15, 2012 2:42 PM

Dec 2010
Dessiato said:
InfiniteDestiny said:
Vandesdelca said:

Quite a few..

I just find it so strange, we are given an episode that I think had some real substance, and the ratings tank...

Like i said before, haters will hate (and yet they really despise that saying...ironic T_T) it shouldn't affect what you think of the series however, despite all their hating and all their 1s the series is still popular and fairly high rated, take away all the irregular amount of 1s this series gets and its likely easily top 30. That should say something.
Sep 15, 2012 2:43 PM
Dec 2010
For those who have read the Novel Aincrad 1 and 2

Dec 2010
Redfoxoffire said:

Very thoughtout post...then people like rederion wonder what i'm talking about....
Oct 2011
InfiniteDestiny said:

Well the side stories developed or rather introduced characters like Lizbeth and such, and all of the SS were actually in volume 2. Volume 1 is the main story (which has a huge time skip, pretty much its the first episode then it skips to episode 8) The Yui SS goes back to volume 2 but at the same time the anime has been keeping a chronological order. Also i would say that it does focus on Kirito and Asuna as it develops their relationship in terms to how they react with Yui.
Ok thanks, let's see where this is heading.
Sep 15, 2012 2:46 PM

Nov 2011
Vandesdelca said:

Incorrect.

My Twitter : link
My Last.fm : link
Sep 15, 2012 2:47 PM

Jul 2012
rederoin said:
Vandesdelca said:

Incorrect.

Or they didn't like the episode.

InfiniteDestiny you're becoming the new Kamikaze of this forum. No offense to Kamikaze since he cooled down now, but everyone who's been around here knows what I mean.

Let people have their opinions without having to describe in detail why they're thinking the way they do, please.
Sep 15, 2012 2:48 PM
Oct 2011
rederoin said:
Vandesdelca said:

Incorrect.
It's actually for the plot, something we can't really find/sense in this show.
Sep 15, 2012 2:48 PM

Nov 2011
InfiniteDestiny said:
Redfoxoffire said:

Very thoughtout post...then people like rederion wonder what i'm talking about....

Did I say all the "haters" arguments where valid? No I didn't.

You're simply trying to make it seem like nobody who voted 1/5 has a valid reason, and it seems to me that no matter reason they give, you would still think its "invalid", do you even know how opinions work?

Sep 15, 2012 2:49 PM

Oct 2011
Redfoxoffire said:

It's "Fake Feelings Art Online"... Seriously, the feelings and reactions of the characters are so fake and artificial, it's nearly comical.
Sep 15, 2012 2:50 PM
Aug 2012
rederoin said:
InfiniteDestiny said:
Redfoxoffire said:

Did I say all the "haters" opinions where valid? No I didn't.

You're simply trying to make it seem like nobody who voted 1/5 has a valid reason, and it seems to me that no matter reason they give, you would still think its "invalid", do you even know how opinions work?

Voting subjectively, they don't have a valid reason to vote 1/5.

I think we are just trying to find a way to justify why somebody would hate this show enough to actually give a justified reason for rating 1/5.
Sep 15, 2012 2:50 PM

Jun 2008
InfiniteDestiny said:
Redfoxoffire said:

I thought it went without saying.
Sep 15, 2012 2:53 PM

Dec 2010
rederoin said:
InfiniteDestiny said:
Redfoxoffire said:

Of course not its things like this

Tryss said:
Redfoxoffire said:

It's "Fake Feelings Art Online"... Seriously, the feelings and reactions of the characters are so fake and artificial, it's nearly comical.

that i was referring to, if people give actual reasons then its valid, by actual definition. Now that said you don't need to give valid reasons to dislike something but at least say it for what it is then, that its simply not your taste, which then makes me question why you are even watching it....i seriously don't understand. None of these hateful posts show any hint of optimism that the show will get better in your eyes, like mentioned before if you don't like the show nor believe it will get better then why watch it at all, and to add to before i'll say this if you do indeed think it will get better than your posts don't have to be full of sarcasm or insults, they could be more objective than that.

May 2011
Kirito x Asuna moments made this really enjoyable. Yui is cute too. ^^

Nov 2011
Dessiato said:

Are you implying opinions can be invalid(excluding bandwagoners and those who hate popular things because its "cool)?

I think we are just trying to find a way to justify why somebody would hate this show enough to actually give a justified reason for rating 1/5.

I have a good reason, they diden't enjoy this episode.
If you want a reason as to why not, ask them personally. I myself can't be bothered to wrote a whole paragraph on why I disliked this episode just to please the fanboys who think its impossible to dislike this show.

Sep 15, 2012 2:54 PM

Dec 2010
Redfoxoffire said:
InfiniteDestiny said:
Redfoxoffire said:

No ones train of thought is absolute that applies to mine as well as yours, so there is no such thing as goes without saying since you make it seem like its a given people would agree with you, you should know well enough that isn't the case.
Sep 15, 2012 2:54 PM

Nov 2011
InfiniteDestiny said:
rederoin said:
InfiniteDestiny said:
Redfoxoffire said:

Tryss said:
Redfoxoffire said:

that i was referring to, if people give actual reasons then its valid, by actual definition. Now that said you don't need to give valid reasons to dislike something but at least say it for what it is then, that its simply not your taste, which then makes me question why you are even watching it....i seriously don't understand. None of these hateful posts show any hint of optimism that the show will get better in your eyes, like mentioned before if you don't like the show nor believe it will get better then why watch it at all, and to add to before i'll say this if you do indeed think it will get better than your posts don't have to be full of sarcasm or insults, they could be more objective than that.

So disliking 1 episode means I hate the entire show?

Flawless logic.

Sep 15, 2012 2:55 PM

Jun 2008
InfiniteDestiny said:
Redfoxoffire said:
InfiniteDestiny said:
Redfoxoffire said:

No ones train of thought is absolute that applies to mine as well as yours, so there is no such thing as goes without saying since you make it seem like its a given people would agree with you, you should know well enough that isn't the case.

Wow.

Like, seriously.

Wow.
Sep 15, 2012 2:56 PM
Aug 2012
rederoin said:
Dessiato said:

Are you implying opinions can be invalid(excluding bandwagoners and those who hate popular things because its "cool)?

If you want a reason as to why not, ask them personally. I myself can't be bothered to wrote a whole paragraph on why I disliked this episode just to please the fanboys who think its impossible to dislike this show.

Viewing something subjectively using criteria, actually can't allow this to get a 1/5.

For you can't realistically rate the animation 1/10.

It seems there are just people that use the ratings subjectively or with an opinion.

I just find the ratio of 1/5's to be shocking this time around.
Sep 15, 2012 2:58 PM

Dec 2010
rederoin said:
InfiniteDestiny said:
rederoin said:
InfiniteDestiny said:
Redfoxoffire said:

Tryss said:
Redfoxoffire said:

So disliking 1 episode means I hate the entire show?

Flawless logic.

So your saying this is the first time you disliked an episode in this show? get real, i don't follow the forums all that much so i couldn't say for a fact but i think its quite obvious that what you said isn't the case.
Sep 15, 2012 2:59 PM

Jun 2008
Dessiato said:
Viewing something subjectively using criteria, actually can't allow this to get a 1/5.

It seems there are just people that use the ratings subjectively or with an opinion.

Animation is not so important as to save something by itself if the rest of the work in question is shit. I'd rather watch something with somewhat poor animation but a great story and characters than something with amazing animation but shit story and characters (like Guilty Crown).
Sep 15, 2012 3:00 PM

Nov 2011
Dessiato said:
rederoin said:
Dessiato said:

Most people, myself included, rate based on enjoyment. Which is the most important factor in a show.
The 1/5 option also clearly says "Hated it", so its fitting. I can't say I'm a fan of the 5 point scale though. A 2,3/10 would be more fitting for this episode.

Sep 15, 2012 3:01 PM

Nov 2011
InfiniteDestiny said:

So your saying this is the first time you disliked an episode in this show? get real, i don't follow the forums all that much so i couldn't say for a fact but i think its quite obvious that what you said isn't the case.

But I never said I disliked the show as a whole, now did I?
Did you acteally check my ratings before assuming such things?(protip, 5 or higher = like, 5 or lower = dislike)

Really, at this point you're no better than a fanboy.

Sep 15, 2012 3:02 PM
Aug 2012
Redfoxoffire said:
Dessiato said:

Animation is not so important as to save something by itself if the rest of the work in question is shit. I'd rather watch something with somewhat poor animation but a great story and characters than something with amazing animation but shit story and characters (like Guilty Crown).

Well of course not, that would just warrant it a slightly higher score, I totally agree with you here, I was just segwaying myself into a semantics filled argument..

Dec 2010
Redfoxoffire said:
Dessiato said:

I'll agree with this, even the best animation isn't enough to sustain a show, and Guilty Crown is a good example that said can you really say that the characters, plot, and developments are worthy of a 1? i mean do you even understand how bad a 1 is, compare it to you other ratings and then compare shows that obviously got higher than a 1 and you will understand what i mean.

Jul 2012
mystik said:

^this. thank you sir. this is almost exactly how I felt about this episode, although I didn't vote hate
Sep 15, 2012 3:04 PM

Dec 2010
rederoin said:
InfiniteDestiny said:

But I never said I disliked the show as a whole, now did I?
Did you acteally check my ratings before assuming such things?(protip, 5 or higher = like, 5 or lower = dislike)

Really, at this point you're no better than a fanboy.

What i was referring to wasn't even about this show, it never was, it was about criticism in general, and how shows with hype get torn to pieces (Guilty Crown) that was my point, while it is true that i like this series before you go label me as a fan boy at least understand what i'm arguing against.
Sep 15, 2012 3:06 PM

Dec 2010
mystik said:

I can only suggest that you wait until next episode to judge the arc; after all first impressions can always change, and twists are usually revealed in the latter half.
Pages (15) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» Overall do you enjoy watching SAO? What do you like about it? :) ( 1 2 )

Rinrinka - Apr 15

72 by katnissmaezie »»
May 16, 1:05 AM

» What even is SAO anymore? ( 1 2 )

Jason-Skyrunner - Apr 27

53 by soli1239 »»
May 6, 8:27 PM

» We need a reboot

Superninjaboy2 - Mar 15

32 by Jason-Skyrunner »»
May 1, 5:20 PM

Poll: » Sword Art Online Episode 23 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

bippo - Dec 8, 2012

480 by amf85 »»
Apr 27, 5:20 PM

Poll: » Sword Art Online Episode 19 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Nov 10, 2012

680 by amf85 »»
Apr 27, 2:32 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.