Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Jan 29, 2014 9:08 AM

Oct 2013
Ending was overly dramatic to the point of being ridiculous and funny, not sad.
Jan 29, 2014 9:21 AM

Jul 2013
It's sad but not depressing.

The first time I completed the Clannad series I couldn't get over it for a few days. Unlike this show. But I still enjoyed it overall.
Mar 23, 2014 4:41 AM

Apr 2013
No, you're not alone. I don't like the idea of Jintan being the only who can see Menma. That makes the connection between characters became the weakest part of the story. Maybe it's just me, but, aside from the forced ending, Ano Hana failed to deliver the characters's chemistry in a very pleasant way. It would've been better if they added more emotional interactions between Tsurumi and Anaru, for example. This was the thing missing from Ano Hana. If only they could reach Steins;Gate level of characters bonding, then I'd definitely put Ano Hana on my 'Memorable Anime Watchlist".
I cried when Chihiro cried when she realized her parents had been cursed into pigs and she can't find them, while eating her Onigiri (if I'm correct) and being comforted by Haku (Spirited Away). But not on this show, I only cried or got the feels on the first 4 episodes, when Yukiatsu got caught wearing wig and girl's dress to resemble Menma. I could relate to him that moment, and not afterwards. The interaction between Menma and Jintan also likable to my taste.
If only the Director would let us see more of their childhood lives. It's kinda mediocre to see their grown up version story.
Tatakai~
Apr 6, 2014 7:18 AM

Oct 2009
i hated this show was a boring slice of life, i didnt find it sad at all it was a pain to finish
Apr 7, 2014 4:15 AM

Apr 2013
ross123456 said:
i hated this show was a boring slice of life, i didnt find it sad at all it was a pain to finish

Aw, poor you, sorry to hear that. Really am sorry m8.
May 25, 2014 5:07 AM

Oct 2012
i didn't cry on 11th episode.
but i found tsuruko's unrequited love to be so sad. and i cried on her part.
but it didn't get me on the last ep. probably because i skipped so much scenes.
May 25, 2014 5:10 AM

Oct 2012
Tsumayouji said:
The moment they decided to sexualize a small girl's ghost for really cheap laughs in episode one (Menma's bouncing up and down on Jintan's lap), yep, sorry, I officially cannot connect to any of your characters or take them seriously. Especially for a show that's meant to be "serious" and "realistic," why the hell is that lame and "harmless" "joke" in there? So nope, you are not remotely alone in thinking it was not sad (unless by "sad" you mean shamefully pathetic, then I'd say it was).

HAHAHA!
May 25, 2014 12:45 PM
May 2014
hello , i really like this forum

www.soran.edu.iq
Jun 21, 2014 1:47 AM

Nov 2011
I actually cried more during the end of Clannad: AS. However, I consider Clannad and Clannad: AS to be the same anime, so overall I consider AnoHana to be better objectively. The quality was consistent all-around. Also, even though the show seemed sad to me from the start, I didn't tear up until the next-to-last episode, and I didn't actually cry until the end of the last episode.

Keep in mind that a lot of people rate on enjoyment factor alone, or weigh heavily on enjoyment factor. Connecting to the characters really is important for that enjoyment factor, so if you couldn't connect, it's understandable that you'd find the show less enjoyable or sad. That being said, I still thought it was pretty good objectively.

Your mileage may vary, just like with anything else. Hype or popularity doesn't always translate to enjoyment.
Jul 14, 2014 2:37 AM

Feb 2012
Just finished watching this, wasn't even close to crying even though it was sad. It was probably because I really didn't like the characters that much.
Clannad and Angel Beats didn't make me cry either. Oddly enough the only anime that has ever made me cry was Mahoromatic's ending (not epilogue), I'm weird.
kickmesignJul 14, 2014 2:41 AM
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 16, 2014 10:24 AM

Nov 2013
It's silly to think that the viewer alone is at fault for not crying amidst drama. A show that utilizes its drama well can make me tear up, regardless of personal experience or my connection to the characters; if it doesn't, then it probably won't.
May 1, 2017 7:07 AM
Jun 2015
an overrated show with overracting characters with overchildish fans
Jul 30, 2017 9:03 AM
Jul 2017
too forced menma be like I cry all the time so you also should. she died becuz she's clumsy she deserved it. it wasn't sad more like trying hard
Feb 4, 2020 8:51 PM

Nov 2019
Well. Everyone has their own opinions. Anohana is the only anime I actually cried in. And one anime that I didn’t find sad at all is clannad and the after story.
Feb 10, 2020 5:17 AM
Oct 2018
Really thought I was the only one. Glad to know I'm not alone. As someone else mentioned there were a few moments that made me (almost) tear up, and mind you I do get quite emotional while watching anime ( for reference I cried pretty much every episode after episode 4 of your lie in April ).
Nov 13, 2021 3:02 PM
Dec 2017
nope i found it to be pretty cheesy af as well too with the amount of running and crying.

Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Ano Hi Mita Hana no Namae wo Bokutachi wa Mada Shiranai Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

tsubasalover - Jun 23, 2011

1237 by Grimenio »»
May 15, 9:47 AM

Poll: » Ano Hi Mita Hana no Namae wo Bokutachi wa Mada Shiranai Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

tsubasalover - Jun 16, 2011

388 by Grimenio »»
May 14, 9:25 AM

Poll: » Ano Hi Mita Hana no Namae wo Bokutachi wa Mada Shiranai Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

tsubasalover - Jun 9, 2011

328 by Grimenio »»
May 8, 10:07 AM

Poll: » Ano Hi Mita Hana no Namae wo Bokutachi wa Mada Shiranai Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

tsubasalover - Jun 2, 2011

423 by Grimenio »»
May 8, 5:09 AM

Poll: » Ano Hi Mita Hana no Namae wo Bokutachi wa Mada Shiranai Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

tsubasalover - May 19, 2011

218 by Grimenio »»
May 4, 2:10 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.