Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Oct 22, 2008 9:47 AM
Jul 2018
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Late introduction of the last main character, even when her appearance was very short.
This episode is all about photos, of course those love-sick people need them.
Taiga enters an interesting mode when it's about Kitamura xD
Every man would be considered as a creepy stalker if he acted like her.
Lol@ Sudoh-Bucks oO
Taiga fell in love directly after Kitamura confessed to her? WTF?
The parrot Inko-chan finally said a serious word, gratz^^
Oct 22, 2008 9:51 AM
Jul 2018
HoaRy said:
Late introduction of the last main character, even when her appearance was very short.

Am I too bad with names, or is the girl at the beginning that Kawashima Ami? I doubt it after I looked at her char profile... -.-
Oct 22, 2008 10:56 AM

Jul 2008
Boo late introduction! Cool story progress!

*Mod edit*

aeroNov 17, 2008 3:26 PM
Oops! I appear to be incapable of following Rules 16 and 17, so I had to have a mod change my sig for me.
Oct 22, 2008 12:51 PM

May 2008
The show is getting boring fast.
Oct 22, 2008 10:57 PM

Dec 2007
It's not Ami
Oct 22, 2008 11:02 PM

Mar 2008
Yay, finally the last main character will be introduced!
Oct 22, 2008 11:45 PM

Jul 2008
rarri said:
It's not Ami

WTF!!!! Why the hell is the student council president a CHEAP LOOK A LIKE OF AMI! I hate shit ass confusion especially where it is not needed like in this anime. SHEESH! Anyways I HOPE AISAKA KICKS AMI'S ASS! I HATE FAKE ASS GIRLS WHO THINK BEHIND THEIR MINDS F*** ALL. I know top models (meat them, talked with them and THEY ARE PIECE OF SHITS THAT ARE FAKE......NONE HAVE 100% HONESTY) and since she is one of them that will piss me off during this season....I HOPE AISAKA shows her who is the boss really! #5 I want to see that!
angel999Oct 23, 2008 3:10 AM
Oops! I appear to be incapable of following Rules 16 and 17, so I had to have a mod change my sig for me.
Oct 23, 2008 2:11 AM

Oct 2007
.. The one standing infront of the school and shouting is not Ami. That is Sumire Kanou, she's the student council president. I kind of expected people to get them mixed up though, lolz. Ami is first introduced in episode 5 (the ep is named after her even), and you hear her say *one sentence* in the preview for episode 5.
Oct 23, 2008 3:22 AM

Apr 2008
Taiga was so moe in this ep :3
Oct 23, 2008 3:27 PM

May 2007
I found the Sudoh Bucks to be quite amusing. And the one shot with where there was a close up of Taiga eating and Ryuuji telling her to eat first before speaking was cute.

But the episode itself, I felt had no direction, no real movement towards the over plot. What was the purpose of this episode? I mean, aren't we supposed to be seeing development between Taiga and Ryuuji? This is just them hanging out with nothing really happening besides possibly them spending more time together. If this was a slice of life type of show, I'd understand, but I feel that's not what this show is about.

Well, I didn't hate it this episode or love it. Just kind of went by. And yeah, if this episode served as an introduction for the blue haired chick, that was kind of lame.
Oct 23, 2008 3:42 PM

Dec 2007
hmm this episode was...i donno...boring?....hmm....but i liked some parts of it....almost all of them was named by angel999 :D....so i wont type them again :D.....what i was rly loling at was when Taiga was droling over the photos :D.....btw its sad that student president its not one of main characters....i was hoping that it will be Ami....couse i liked how stupid she was :D.......
[center]If you aren't troubling the rest of the world, then there's no harm in being abnormal.
Oct 23, 2008 4:09 PM

Sep 2008
I liked the episode and I still like the series, I can't wait for more.
It doesn't think, it doesn't feel, it doesn't laugh or cry..... All it does from dusk till dawn is make the soldiers die.
Oct 23, 2008 4:12 PM

May 2007
I somewhat agree with vindemon64 but that's still pretty harsh IMHO. Despite of the emptiness, I still had great laughs from this episode. Then again, this episode reveals that Kitamura confessed to Taiga in the past. He's in fact still keeping a secret or two about Taiga. That's actually the 'love comedy' aspect you're looking for. Confusion thickens.

Also I was confused about Kanou. I thought... okay Ami isn't like anything as I pictured. >.>

Sudoh Bucks XD

Oh... I just remembered. In my recent discovery, I'm surprised Tanaka Rie is even in this anime and play as the opposite of her usual "soft-but-sharp" role. :P
I think she (the homeroom teacher) appeared on the first or second episode.
chibukiOct 23, 2008 4:16 PM
Oct 23, 2008 4:56 PM

Aug 2008
vindemon64 said:
I mean, aren't we supposed to be seeing development between Taiga and Ryuuji?
I thought so too at first. But after this episode, I'm thinking that this show could possibly end up with both Ryuji and Taiga ending up with their current love interest. It would be quite the breath of fresh air (seeing as pretty much every anime with this basic scenario ends with the two together). BTW, I haven't read the manga, so I don't know if I'm on the right track; but I'd rather find out for myself.

Inko-chan cracked me up this episode. XD
脱ぎません!_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ .

Oct 23, 2008 5:01 PM
Mar 2008
I liked Taiga a lot in the episode, less violent, till the end at least. Funny confession Kitamura made.
Oct 23, 2008 5:06 PM

Jun 2008
I liked this episode more than last week's -- definitely funnier (Taiga is fantastic in this ep), and the bits revealed about Taiga's past with Kitamura were interesting. Just the right amount of Minori, too, which is probably the only thing I didn't like about last week's episode (she can get kind of annoying in large doses).
Oct 23, 2008 5:26 PM

Jun 2008
I really liked this episode, although i don't know why she stopped looking through the pics when he asked he which one she wanted laminated. She was looking at something but what o.0 I like how its going and he finally has a pic he can drool on also >.< hmmmm pudding
This is the worst kind of discrimination. The kind against me.
Oct 23, 2008 6:01 PM

Jul 2008
I want Taigai's Apartment and some Sudoh Bucks.

Taiga was cute this episode, and ~Ohha greeting was hilarious, even though I never saw the original TV show.
Oct 23, 2008 6:32 PM

Mar 2008
wow. Taiga stalker vibes turned up to the max, but in a good way :). so, Kitamura used to like her, and perhaps still does. i'm glad i picked up this show, and rofl at the horrible english pronounciation in class.
Oct 23, 2008 7:09 PM

Jul 2008
That was the best ep out so far for me, little story-wise but full comedy-wise.

Gave me so many lol.

Oct 23, 2008 8:42 PM

Oct 2007
The parrot Inko always makes me laugh, haha xD
Oct 23, 2008 8:51 PM

Jul 2008
Well the series hasn't failed to deliver so far, I mean the episode wasn't something to phone home about, but it was interesting none the less. 4 out of 5.
Oct 23, 2008 9:28 PM

Jun 2008
Furukawa bakery!

ssxOct 23, 2008 9:32 PM
Oct 23, 2008 10:13 PM

Jun 2008
boring..........
Oct 23, 2008 10:51 PM

Dec 2007
Taiga's so cute curled up in a ball *-*
I love how she's a total stalker
& Inko-chan is pretty cool too =]
Oct 23, 2008 11:05 PM

Sep 2007
God this series is hilarious. A week is far too long to wait.
Oct 24, 2008 12:22 AM
Oct 2007
Love the part where the teacher called on Taiga and she was like, "GRR," and of course the poor teacher backed off, lol.
Oct 24, 2008 12:26 AM

Aug 2008
Drooling stalker huh. Nice one for tsundere ^^
Ii tenki desu ne...
Oct 24, 2008 2:37 AM

Jun 2007
vindemon64 said:
I found the Sudoh Bucks to be quite amusing. And the one shot with where there was a close up of Taiga eating and Ryuuji telling her to eat first before speaking was cute.

But the episode itself, I felt had no direction, no real movement towards the over plot. What was the purpose of this episode? I mean, aren't we supposed to be seeing development between Taiga and Ryuuji? This is just them hanging out with nothing really happening besides possibly them spending more time together. If this was a slice of life type of show, I'd understand, but I feel that's not what this show is about.

Well, I didn't hate it this episode or love it. Just kind of went by. And yeah, if this episode served as an introduction for the blue haired chick, that was kind of lame.

Did we watch the same episode?

- We found out Taiga was asked out by the guy she likes but she rejected.
- We found out Taiga is a stalker.
- We found out Ryuuji and Taiga can communicate about personal things without fighting...well kind of.

I thought there was a lot of character development in this episode, less story development. Never the less there was still some kind of development in this ep.
Oct 24, 2008 4:00 AM

Jan 2008
I really thought the student council president was Ami, until I saw this topic. This show's really easy to watch, and the lighthearted crazy comedy always keeps me entertained.
Oct 24, 2008 4:02 AM

Nov 2007
Such an improvement over last episode. I want Taiga to remain like this, not be another Louise clone.
Oct 24, 2008 4:23 AM
Anime DB Admin
BACK FOR MORE?

Jan 2007
Best episode so far, I laughed a lot and really enjoyed it. Moar awesome Taiga moments!

staff.applications  
guidelines.faq 

report.abuse  

thx.skittles  
thx.kina 

[H+] ³  
Oct 24, 2008 6:33 AM

Feb 2008
Best part: Kitamura holding Taiga up by her arms :)
She went from a tiger to a little kitten in one second!

Other than that, good episode. This show has a very different twist on the usual comedy/romance shows and I like it, a lot.
Oct 24, 2008 6:36 AM

May 2007
DeathfireD said:
vindemon64 said:

Did we watch the same episode?

- We found out Taiga was asked out by the guy she likes but she rejected.
- We found out Taiga is a stalker.
- We found out Ryuuji and Taiga can communicate about personal things without fighting...well kind of.

I thought there was a lot of character development in this episode, less story development. Never the less there was still some kind of development in this ep.

Haha, perhaps I'm just expecting more of this anime than what I'm getting. Who knows.
Oct 24, 2008 7:27 AM

Feb 2008
Oh lol Sudoh-Bucks. XD
Taiga is so hopeless.
Oct 24, 2008 7:41 AM

Oct 2007
Great episode! Sudoh Bucks great idea, lol!

Can't wait for more XD
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 24, 2008 7:59 AM

Aug 2007
I really liked this episode, although i don't know why she stopped looking through the pics when he asked he which one she wanted laminated. She was looking at something but what o.0 I like how its going and he finally has a pic he can drool on also >.< hmmmm pudding

I think (and maybe this is just wishful thinking) that Taiga stopped at a picture of Ryuuji. Dunno how he was in a picture unless he was in a blurry photo with Kitamura that she took, so I could be way off...but I wanna interpret it as that.
Oct 24, 2008 8:43 AM
Sep 2008
Ok, that with Kitamura's confession was ... unexpected xD I really enjoy this series more than I thought.
Oct 24, 2008 9:50 AM

Jul 2008
Vin-nii said:

MOE
aranelcharis said:

I think (and maybe this is just wishful thinking) that Taiga stopped at a picture of Ryuuji. Dunno how he was in a picture unless he was in a blurry photo with Kitamura that she took, so I could be way off...but I wanna interpret it as that.

YOU ARE RIGHT! It was like that but I don't know why! It might have been a picture he took just self test camera! Yeah that was strange but SOOOOOOOOO MUCH MOE OF AISAKA........LET IT BE FOREVER!
Oct 24, 2008 10:49 AM

Apr 2007
AegisReborn said:
The parrot Inko always makes me laugh, haha xD

I hate him. he's completely retarded, and unnecessary to the show.

overall, funny episode.
逃げちゃ駄目だ。
Oct 24, 2008 10:53 AM

Oct 2008
Agreed, the parrot is a lame tack-on.

Taiga was so moe though :D I really liked her personality this episode.
Oct 24, 2008 11:09 AM

Sep 2007
Great ep, totally made up for the crappy last ep

Oct 24, 2008 11:49 AM

Dec 2007
Seriously.. what's up with Inko >.> Anyways.. the episode was quite entertaining. Taiga was great in this episode.
Oct 24, 2008 12:11 PM
Oct 2007
aranelcharis said:

No, she stopped because she came to the realization that she couldn't choose any one picture. She has lots of them but none that she actually likes. What she wanted most was a picture of Kitamura of when he confessed to her. His expression was what made her fall in love with him because he saw her for who she was.
Oct 24, 2008 12:25 PM

Sep 2007
angel999 said:
rarri said:
It's not Ami

WTF!!!! Why the hell is the student council president a CHEAP LOOK A LIKE OF AMI! I hate shit ass confusion especially where it is not needed like in this anime. SHEESH! Anyways I HOPE AISAKA KICKS AMI'S ASS! I HATE FAKE ASS GIRLS WHO THINK BEHIND THEIR MINDS F*** ALL. I know top models (meat them, talked with them and THEY ARE PIECE OF SHITS THAT ARE FAKE......NONE HAVE 100% HONESTY) and since she is one of them that will piss me off during this season....I HOPE AISAKA shows her who is the boss really! #5 I want to see that!

Have you read the novel/manga already?

If not, then how do you know she is a "fake" person just from the preview? Seriously, stop overanalyzing it with this warped perception of yours. (And no, I don't care if you "perceive things differently" like you say all the time. Everybody perceives things differently. You're not special.)

If you did read the novel/manga, then stop talking about the characters we haven't seen and stuff. You're spoiling it for other people.
Oct 24, 2008 1:02 PM

Jul 2008
Wasabi said:
angel999 said:
rarri said:
It's not Ami

Have you read the novel/manga already?

If not, then how do you know she is a "fake" person just from the preview? Seriously, stop overanalyzing it with this warped perception of yours. (And no, I don't care if you "perceive things differently" like you say all the time. Everybody perceives things differently. You're not special.)

If you did read the novel/manga, then stop talking about the characters we haven't seen and stuff. You're spoiling it for other people.

Actually I read some profiles about Ami from people who read the novel so I am not wrong if I did that. Right? Unless you are ready to say most of those people are wrong.
Oct 24, 2008 1:12 PM
Dec 2007
Perfectly well done for a comedy/romance anime, much much better than most shows in its style. not enough Kushieda in this episode though, but the characters are still developping and direction is still insanely good.

In every age, in every place, the deeds of men remain the same.
Oct 24, 2008 1:26 PM

Mar 2008
Well, it was nice again, but not as good as the ones before.

Moreover what's the problem if both love each other? Or does he not love her anymore?
Oct 24, 2008 1:37 PM

Sep 2007
angel999 said:
Actually I read some profiles about Ami from people who read the novel so I am not wrong if I did that. Right? Unless you are ready to say most of those people are wrong.

Then you should clarify that before you go on a completely unnecessary tirade about how you hate models cause frankly, I don't think people really need to know that you hate models, practice magic, get bad vibes from bisexuals, or had bad experiences with women.
WasabiOct 24, 2008 3:17 PM
Pages (5) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Toradora! Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

removed-user - Nov 26, 2008

284 by Matheus050 »»
May 8, 11:27 AM

Poll: » Best Toradora girl? (Repost)

JustSomeone15 - Apr 27

26 by VOLTHOR6 »»
May 3, 4:04 PM

» Toradora's Blu-ray has an issue

JustSomeone15 - Apr 29

2 by Binkini »»
Apr 30, 4:46 AM

Poll: » Toradora! Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Davison - Oct 15, 2008

238 by SanessyAdversary »»
Apr 25, 6:56 AM

Poll: » Toradora! Episode 25 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Sonja - Mar 25, 2009

1109 by Laylabc »»
Apr 24, 10:15 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.