Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Feb 12, 2007 12:15 AM
Overlord

Nov 2004
Reira is definitely screwed up in the head. "I'm worthless if I can't sing". Wow, low self-esteem a bit?

Nobu just keeps being the coolest character of the show. Yasu comes in at a close second.

Why do I want Osaki Nana to went up with Nobu now? Ugh, it's so twisted! Ahghhhh.!
Feb 12, 2007 6:50 AM

Aug 2006
Nobu and Yasu are definitely the best characters of this show. Everyone else is just... well... like you said, screwed up i the head.

But did you catch what Nana said
(I TOLD YOU!!!!!) And the end when Nana was talking about Ren... and how
Definitely didn't see that one coming.

The emotional roller coasters and love "triangles" are starting to make my head spin. I mean... c'mon...

Hachi and Nobu love each other, but can't be together.
I can't figure out if Takumi actually loves Hachi, or just wants his "possession."
Nana and Ren are with each other... but Nana has feeling for Yasu (who has feelings for Reira, who has feelings for Takumi) and Ren has feelings for Reira (who has feelings for Takumi, who only has feelings for himself.)

Did I get all that right, Xinil??? I'm gonna need a spread sheet to keep up with it all before long... lmao.

Good episode, but not near as powerful as the last one.

And you want Nana and Nobu together??? NNNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOO Nobu belongs with Hachi... and eventually, Hachi will see that (I hope.) Hmmm... but... maybe...
Feb 12, 2007 8:03 AM
Overlord

Nov 2004
I still don't see this Nana x Yasu thing. Yasu is Nana's older bro. I stand by my opinion on that. She says she needs to stop relying on his help.

Nobu is too good for Hachi. Hachi's a moron and can't do anything without someone pointing her in the direction first. Unless she shapes up A LOT she doesn't deserve Nobu.

I thought one of the most interesting parts of the episode was where Nana (Osaki) was like, "You didn't use to call her Nana. She used to be Hachi". What does that symbolize?
Feb 12, 2007 8:33 AM

Aug 2006
Xinil said:
I You didn't use to call her Nana. She used to be Hachi". What does that symbolize?

I think it's a sign that Nobu is "giving up" on Hachi. Can't say that I blame him. The girl is screwy. And yes... Nobu is too good for Hachi... but he loves her sooooo much... **sniff**
Also, if Nana realizes that Nobu has given up on Hachi, then she may feel that that is just going to make the relationship harder for her and Hachi. Remember she said something about the friendship never being the same again (I don't have the exact quote.) Maybe she feels that if Nobu gives up on her, then she will have no reason to continue the frienship once her and Takumi are married.

Hahaha... Xinil... it's funny... we're watching the same show... and seeing completely different things. It's gonna be interesting to see how this all pans out.
Feb 12, 2007 10:52 AM

May 2005
lol seeing the discussion between Furaba and Xinil convince me that the relationships in this anime is really screw-up.

Anyways, I'm not sure if Nana actually has feeling for Yasu or not, but right now I agree with Xinil, that's just a brother thing. Although I haven't fully figure out Nana's feeling for Hachi, is it friendship or is it something more (as it was pointed out on many episodes that Nana is very possessive of Hachi)?
Reira in this episode annoys me all of this melodrama about how she cannot continue to sing. Over who? That jerk Takumi!

Like Xinil, I'm right now secretly hoping Nana will get with Nobu. I feel so guilty for saying that because it feels like I have betrayed my lovely Ren. ='(
sorairoFeb 12, 2007 10:56 AM
Feb 12, 2007 11:05 AM
Overlord

Nov 2004
Yay! My opinions are similar with someone else.
Jun 13, 2008 8:41 AM

Mar 2008
oo sorry xinil im with chelle on this one. i agree with everything you said.
i was surprised at how quickly nobu and hachi have just given up though =[
i was hoping for more of a fight, but obviously the baby complicates things.
damn takumi i really really don't like him.
and what was that about reira stealing ren's heart ?!
that adds another one to the web.
Xinil said:
I thought one of the most interesting parts of the episode was where Nana (Osaki) was like, "You didn't use to call her Nana. She used to be Hachi". What does that symbolize?

yeah that struck me too...im gona be honest and admit i cried then ='[ <3 nobu, but he's being too non emotional about this whole thing..he's usually the most emotional out of the guys. its worrying.
Jan 7, 2009 9:11 PM

Sep 2008
>.< I was kind of hoping Nobu would fight a bit harder. Or, at the very least, show a bit of emotion.
No! Nobu can't give her up, and Nana can't just give up their friendship ever being the same! I'm afraid where the story will end up if they just 'give up'. Hachi doesn't seem to like making the smart desision when she's thinking for herself, but if someone pushes her to do it, she just might actually do this right. Fight! FIGHT!
...Otherwise it's pretty much 99.9% certain the series will end depressingly (well, for me anyways). Great.
Feb 7, 2009 6:20 AM

Oct 2008
soo sad TT-TT
May 21, 2009 10:56 PM

Jun 2008
:(( NOBU!!!! i feel so sorry for nobu... ugh!!! hachi...
Jun 24, 2009 1:50 AM

Jul 2008
Looks like Blast is going to take off, I feel good about that. This show an go anywhere from here, but every moment feels quite monumental; I love it.
Jul 12, 2009 5:43 PM

Jul 2008
GOD, I love Yasu.
And Nobu.

I don't think Nobu deserves Hachi, but he loves her so I think he deserves to be happy. Nana (Osaki) deserves Yasu, I've never liked Ren.
Mar 24, 2010 6:21 PM
May 2008
Episodes likes this are the reason of like this series so much!!! These episodes really show how dysfunctional the characters are, giving them a more realistic impact when dramatic situations/actions occur.
Dead Account
Please Delete
May 5, 2010 9:47 PM

Jan 2009
Yasu is the man, such a cool guy.

May 13, 2010 9:13 PM

Oct 2008
LOL, Ren talking to Yasu like a woman, but really, Yasu is the man. :)

I feel so sorry for Nobu though. :<
Life is really simple, but we insist on making it complicated.~
Jun 16, 2010 10:32 AM

May 2008
"Being the one who's hated is my duty"

I can relate, Takumi.
Aug 9, 2010 2:29 PM

Aug 2010
The episode number gives me hope. Things are badly and several episodes left. The only way from here is up, right. Right?

I'm not too sure about Ren having feelings for Reira, not yet. Could all be just in Osaki Nana's head, some kind of misunderstanding, or the Reira stealing his heart part might just refer to Ren switching to her band instead of actually being in love with her. Remember the part earlier when Nana talked about how she would not follow Ren because she would end up waiting for him at home while he's playing in the band with the new singer. There was Ren saying "since I can't hug her", though, might be that they are misleading us on purpose... It's possible, but it's so sudden and I can't remember seeing any hints to it in the past that I don't want to believe it.

I can also relate to Reira's situation, was actually surprised that people find her annoying or screwed up.
Sep 4, 2010 2:41 PM

Feb 2009
It's funny seeing that people care so much about who hooks with who.The beautiful,bittersweet feelings, that I get after watching an episode,nearly disappear after reading comments like:''Hurr I hate Takumi.Hachi should be with Nobu'' or ''Nobu and Yasu are the best characters because the others are screwed up(realistic)''.Nobu and Yasu are one of less developed characters.Apparently,these days ''Character developement=emoness''...
I guess that's why people say Nana is soap opera-esque.They couldn't see past its upper layer.I'm not sure if I truly understand ''the core'' of this series but I'm sure it's not something like:''Hachi is a stupid whore.Everyone is screwed-up.Everyone hooks up with everyone''
Urufuzu_reinSep 4, 2010 2:53 PM
"This Forest isn't going to reveal all its secrets for the likes of you."
Nov 24, 2010 5:35 AM

Jun 2010
These posts were a while ago, but I still feel like replying..

Xinil said:
I still don't see this Nana x Yasu thing. Yasu is Nana's older bro. I stand by my opinion on that. She says she needs to stop relying on his help.

I agree.

Xinil said:
Nobu is too good for Hachi. Hachi's a moron and can't do anything without someone pointing her in the direction first. Unless she shapes up A LOT she doesn't deserve Nobu.

Disagree. I think Hachi and Nobu are really similar. They're both kind of ditzy and have a lot of "slow" moments. They're both risking everything to go after their dreams. And they're both genuinely sweet and kind hearted.
It's kind of embarrassing that I see so much of myself in Hachi, and then all you guys bash her. Just give her time to grow. ;_;

Xinil said:

I think it symbolizes a shift in Nobu's perspective, from seeing Nana as the adorable band's "pet" to a woman who has stolen his heart.

sorairo said:
I haven't fully figure out Nana's feeling for Hachi, is it friendship or is it something more (as it was pointed out on many episodes that Nana is very possessive of Hachi)?

This is just my interpretation, but I think for Nana, Hachi symbolizes the innocence and genuine warmth she feels she's lost. Maybe Nana is so possessive because having Hachi around makes her feel more complete as a person (Hachi makes up for her missing pieces).

sorairo said:
Like Xinil, I'm right now secretly hoping Nana will get with Nobu. I feel so guilty for saying that because it feels like I have betrayed my lovely Ren. ='(

No! >_< Nana + Ren. Hachi + Nobu. I'm crossing my fingers. :D
Dec 4, 2010 11:20 AM

Aug 2008
I wish to know how stron feelings and what kind of them has Nana for Hachi.
Mar 22, 2011 4:54 PM

Aug 2010
These last few episodes have been so depressing

when the fuck are they planning on patching things up ;__;
Apr 27, 2011 5:11 PM

Jul 2008
Loved loved loved loved loved this episode. The dialogue was soo good and the sequence where Nana told Nobu to cry and then started crying herself was brilliantly done.
I write about manga → morningroo.com
and movies → letterboxd.com/ugla
May 12, 2011 6:38 AM

Sep 2008
Takumi's "Being the one who's hated is my duty" lined intrigued me. I wonder whether there is more behind his saying that...

I don't know who I want to end up with who, but I hope everyone manages to become happy in the end - especially Nobu. I have a feeling Yasu won't end up happy - just because he seems to be (and probably IS) the type to sacrifice his happiness for others'.

I have to admit that I felt really bad for Reira. Must be devastating to have the thoughts that she does; to think that she's worthless if she can't sing.
Jul 4, 2011 11:37 PM
Jun 2009
This show seriously tugs at my heart strings. Especially with the scenes like the one where Nana cried on Nobu's shoulder.

Nobu and Yasu are hands down the best characters, and Hachi should just die. She doesn't deserve Nobu's kindness, Nana's friendship, or even Takumi's support. I bet she's happy that she can afford an apartment with expensive rent now, without even having to do anything but mother Takumi's child.
Aug 22, 2011 3:49 PM

Mar 2011
He called her "Nana" ... Nobu doesn't deserve this lonely pain. ㅠ.ㅠ
Mar 19, 2012 6:23 PM

Sep 2011
Maann how will this end!?
May 2, 2012 8:01 PM

Aug 2010
Mystere said:
This show seriously tugs at my heart strings. Especially with the scenes like the one where Nana cried on Nobu's shoulder.

Nobu and Yasu are hands down the best characters, and Hachi should just die. She doesn't deserve Nobu's kindness, Nana's friendship, or even Takumi's support. I bet she's happy that she can afford an apartment with expensive rent now, without even having to do anything but mother Takumi's child.

This! The Nana and Nobu moment was sweet. It got tears out of my eyes. I don't give a shit about Hachi right now. I do feel sorry for her a little but I can't stand her right now.
May 19, 2012 10:13 PM

Mar 2011
I just want to say for the record that Yasu is such a doormat to everyone. He's the "nice guy" that never seems to be the "boyfriend."
Jun 2, 2012 2:52 PM

Jul 2010
Wow. I'm just in awe of how amazing this show is. Hachi gets pregnant, and look how many people it has affected. I feel bad for Reira.
Jun 13, 2012 2:06 PM

Dec 2009
Things are going to get very complicated for everyone, I guess :| that sucks... Damn, this anime is really getting to me lol. One thing that is really concerning me is how Nana lost her memory for a while though. I hope it doesn't happen again.
Feb 16, 2013 11:14 AM

Jan 2012
It's going downhill fast, can't believe how much the show started to suck. I'm already pretty sure the ending will suck too.

Mar 23, 2013 3:19 PM
Jan 2013
I don't believe in happy ending any more.

I don't get it but... why does one little, not-too-bright Hachi whom nobody REALLY care about can affect so many ppl around. Nana said that she doesn't think she can patch up things with Hachi and is taking the strawberry glass to Ren's place. Nobu change the way he speaks about her. Takumi is getting married to her so that she doesn't cause trouble to his money-making band. Hachi has nobody there to help her even though everyone knows she's not able to make a decision herself. I feel so bad for her. But at the same time I'm worried about Nana that friendship was very important for her and now, not easily, but still she's giving up on it.

Nobu is very cool in both meanings. He had those feeling for Hachi, but now it seems he's pushing it away not to get any more hurt. That is a way, but still the one he loves is in pain and it's strange he doesn't see that.

Takumi is an asshole that was obvious for quite a long time. At least he didn't do that with Reira. That would be too f***** up. Also loosing my good thought of Ren - he's a good guy but still quite affected by Takumi and it seems like he wouldn't be able to sacrifice anything for Nana
Aug 7, 2013 6:18 AM

Dec 2012
Reira kind of lost it there for a moment. Like woah now.. calm down... It's not like you and aumi ever hooked up or had a past relationship now... No need to jeopardize the band. At least she went back to record. :/

I kind of wish Nobu would've fought more for Hachi too, but what's done is done. I hope Nana can patch things up with Hachi. I wish they could both just move into another apartment together.... ughdgjhdkf
Jan 26, 2014 8:42 AM

May 2012
In the end it's all Nana's (Hachi's) fault causing all this trouble and regret... well this episode sure was nice so let's see what happens next!
Feb 16, 2014 2:16 AM
Nov 2012
God damn I'm just so angry at every character right now
Apr 9, 2014 6:41 PM

Aug 2013
Nobu :(

Hmm when Nana said Reira stole Ren's heart, I don't think she meant it in a romantic sense more like professionally.
"May those who accept their fate be granted happiness."

"May those who defy their fate be granted glory."
Jun 5, 2014 6:56 AM

Jan 2014
Touka said:
Loved loved loved loved loved this episode. The dialogue was soo good and the sequence where Nana told Nobu to cry and then started crying herself was brilliantly done.
Best. Moment. Ever.
Dec 11, 2014 5:52 PM

Nov 2014
Yes I cried when this happened. I hope the ending isn't as depressing as the past few episodes.
Dec 14, 2014 12:37 AM

Oct 2012
Hachi and Nana should've just gotten together. All of this could've been avoided if they just hooked up.
Dec 26, 2014 6:27 PM

Jun 2014
Treefingers said:

I can relate, Takumi.

I thought Yasu said it.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 26, 2014 6:31 PM

Jun 2014
kofuku-dono said:
soo sad TT-TT

Yeah, can't help weeping.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Feb 1, 2015 11:07 PM

Oct 2013
Treefingers said:

I can relate, Takumi.

TAKUMI IS TRYING TO PULL A LELOUCH. WTF IS THIS?

Discord: the.path.to.pathos
RateYourMusic
last.fm
Jul 10, 2015 8:48 AM

Jun 2013
This just keeps on getting sadder and sadder :(
Apr 12, 2016 7:28 AM

Aug 2014
Lol that thing that Ren did with bottle while telling Takumi about Reira :D haha

I like that story concentrated more on Reira and black Nana than on white Nana. 5/5 episide.
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ ちゅっ ちゅっ キス (´。✪ω✪。`)

I hate it when anime/manga that I enjoyed ends, especially when there could be much longer plot and when I love main heroine :P

I wish I had magic glasses that let me see real world in anime colors ;)
Nov 25, 2016 1:14 PM

Apr 2014
Poor Nobu... :(
Ugh can't stand that NANA and Hachiko don't speak anymore
Dec 30, 2016 8:59 PM

Sep 2015
Shin is strong. Yasu needs a woman in his life again, he's always solving other ppl's conflicts or helping em in some way.
Mar 2, 2017 8:38 PM

Mar 2015
Wherever this is going, I'll just follow
I'm Bruneian and I like anime. And Manchester United. And fat cats.
Jun 22, 2017 11:58 AM
Feb 2016
;-;
Por que a Hachi deixou se levar pelo Takumi? Ele poderia simplesmente assumir o filho sem terem que se casar. Essa decisão é tão triste, vai fazer com que ela se separe da Nana e não possa continuar com o Nobu... E é tão intenso isso que a Nana sente de querer "roubá-la" de volta. E Reira, desapega do Takumi, oras bolas. Já passou do tempo.
Aug 6, 2017 3:51 AM

Nov 2016
During the emotional moment of Nana and Nobu the feel train arrived at my kokoro.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Mar 9, 2018 7:00 PM
May 2017
Not that anyone is still paying attention to this here, but my favorite part of this episode was Reira looking through Yasu's album's. He's got a killer collection. Really loved how they were all real albums with the names slightly blurred out so no one sued the show.

Nirvana, Green Day, U2, Van Halen, Bad Religion, Sex Pistols, Pennywise, etc. The Nirvana album was even Insecticide instead of a super popular one. The show really took rock music seriously. Loved that Reira was engrish for Layla after the Derek and the Dominos track, too.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Nana Episode 39 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Chelle - Apr 25, 2007

86 by kivuchan »»
10 hours ago

Poll: » Nana Episode 34 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Xinil - Feb 2, 2007

116 by akane_slays »»
May 13, 1:35 PM

» Does this anime still hold up

mydaddy - May 2

20 by LostSpectre »»
May 6, 7:39 PM

Poll: » NANA Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

jacobpaige - Mar 23, 2008

102 by nelsonnnn »»
Apr 28, 5:21 PM

Poll: » NANA Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

jacobpaige - Mar 23, 2008

164 by nelsonnnn »»
Apr 28, 5:01 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.