Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Nov 20, 2015 4:51 AM

Feb 2010
I would aggree with Naru, but I'd realy prefer the teacher to take the fall, rather than risk the students - the bastard deserves it. He's just using his work as an excuse to bully students into his way of thinking, not caring about what problems they might have.
Making hundreds of dolls for replacement is a hell of a work

Naru sure likes to f.. screw around with Mai, like this time. Her reaction was normal. Realy, what do we know about Naru? Maybe he would do just like he said he would - save the worthless teacher and let students take the hit. If anyone, that bastard deserved what was coming at him - he was responsible for at least one suicide, shouldn't he also pay for that? Mai had seen how big the curse grew, so she must hope it would not be fatal, realy?
Naru happens to be too good looking and cool, good for him, so Mai melts from his smile, but he is a difficult one to fawn over in best of times.
Hell is empty and all the devils are here.
Jan 8, 2016 2:36 PM

Dec 2009
ColdBeans said:
I hate how Naru's always so mysterious, like couldn't he just tell everyone his plan so Mai didn't have to flip out?

This is my thoughts. I was on Mai's side on this, and he didn't say a word to anyone else. The whole thing about 'fairness' was a load of bull.

Feb 5, 2016 7:36 PM

Aug 2013
Woah, for a moment, I really thought Naru went full retard. Never go full retard. And he didn't.
«Time is passing so quickly. Right now, I feel like complaining to Einstein. Whether time is slow or fast depends on perception. Relativity theory is so romantic. And so sad.»
- Kurisu Makise a.k.a. The Zombie
Jul 29, 2016 2:36 PM
Apr 2015
this is crazy late, but I really hated Mai in this episode; she's incredibly idealistic about everything being "okay" in the end but that's not how stuff works in the real world. The trained spiritualist in their respective fields all say There are only 2 possible solutions yet she refuses to accept this. Even had Naruto not had this crazy backup plan to make this work I would have thught, she would have liked his idea since he believed the curse only had the power to kill a single person so sharing it between thousands of students would weaken and at best people may get broken limbs. I found her very irritating and childish and a little out of character, granted she is young so she couldnt possibly have thought everything through. She's Been doing this long enough to know that when dealing with the dead,curses, and demons their isn't always some Homerun solution I mean for crying out loud sakachi spirit was devoured? Anyways I do generally like her character but she really seemed ridiculous this episode.
KajekiJul 29, 2016 2:50 PM
2015 and still shipping these two till the last.
kallen x lelouch!
Jul 29, 2016 2:53 PM
Apr 2015
breathesunshine said:
ColdBeans said:
I hate how Naru's always so mysterious, like couldn't he just tell everyone his plan so Mai didn't have to flip out?

This is my thoughts. I was on Mai's side on this, and he didn't say a word to anyone else. The whole thing about 'fairness' was a load of bull.

I thought Naru was right, but do agree with that there wasn't a real point in not telling everyone is plan it seemed a bit silly and forced to have conflict between are characters. But then again he runs the business and Mai's just the receptionist so I guess she doesn't have a lot of pull in his decisions ;)
2015 and still shipping these two till the last.
kallen x lelouch!
Sep 13, 2016 5:17 PM

Mar 2012
I get really annoyed when this sort of bullshit happens in a story. They make a character seem like they're doing something wrong and have them not tell their actual intentions to the rest (for some dam reason) which causes another character(s) to overreact like crazy as if they had absolutely no trust in that person/people.

What a terrible way of ending a great arc.
Nov 24, 2016 12:51 PM
Feb 2015
Mai was so annoying this episode ffs
Dec 19, 2016 11:23 PM

Oct 2016
NARU used KILLER SMILES

It's super effective!
Jan 28, 2017 12:11 AM

Sep 2013
I figured Naru would have a trick or two up his sleeve. He's really chill, but not nearly cold-blooded enough to kill most of the students in the school!

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges.
Apr 20, 2018 6:17 PM

Aug 2014
Good conclusion to a good arc. Looking forward to the next!
Sep 28, 2018 12:13 PM

Jan 2013
God Mai is one of the worst protagonists ever... Like shut the fuck up for once bitch, you're so damn annoying
Jun 5, 2020 9:17 AM
Nov 2018
this episode would've been better if not for that little runt yelling like a mad hoe
Feb 4, 2021 12:43 AM

May 2016
Mai reacted like how any normal person would considering the circumstances. It wouldn't have been too difficult to just explain their next course of action while making it clear that it's theoretically the safest option available.

I like how it all turned out, though~

Aug 9, 2021 10:29 PM

Feb 2020
wtf Mai did not overreact at all, Naru led her to believe that he was going to murder several hundred teenagers to save the life of a dickbag who pushed a highschooler to suicide. Sure, that isn't what ended up happening, but he gave her no reason to believe he had found a miraculous third option. it would have taken no effort for him to just tell her his plan.

and Naru really should not have risked the lives of the students in the first place. jfc just let the teacher die. what are you, catholic? man deserved it.
May 2, 2023 5:36 AM

Oct 2016
Good things about this arc: Monk becoming more like an older brother for Mai, and this glasses guy. The culprit being consumed as a result for what he did.

The case itself was overall fine.

Bad things about this case: The drama between Mai and Naru, this is the kind of shit you solve by just talking.
May 19, 2023 7:51 AM

Dec 2018
mai really shined in this arc and is getting more powerful, i loved the heck out of it
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

» Ghost Hunt Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Chelle - Jan 27, 2007

69 by SSSniperDyn »»
Jan 29, 7:03 PM

Poll: » Ghost Hunt Episode 1 Discussion

BlueYoshi - Oct 24, 2007

48 by s9fy »»
Dec 30, 2023 11:59 AM

Poll: » Ghost Hunt Episode 7 Discussion

Kayro - Mar 4, 2008

36 by glittergalaxy »»
Oct 20, 2023 7:05 AM

Poll: » Ghost Hunt Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Kayro - Mar 5, 2008

60 by xoxokiller »»
Oct 18, 2023 5:15 AM

Poll: » Ghost Hunt Episode 25 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

windy - Mar 30, 2007

145 by akhorvash753 »»
Aug 21, 2023 4:30 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.