Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Sword Art Online (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (16) « First ... « 14 15 [16]
Feb 25, 2021 7:59 PM

Jun 2020
kirito so op and i like how asuna is so worried about him
also asuna the goddess of sandwish making :)))

Mar 13, 2021 9:39 AM

Nov 2019
Can’t she just party up with Kirito while being a member of the guild at the same time? And now they fight over her like she’s some kind of object and couldn’t decide for herself.
Mar 19, 2021 5:48 PM
Mar 2021
Best episode of the series by a mile so far. That duel wielding skill was really cool.
Nov 16, 2021 7:04 AM
#FreeWatermelon

Feb 2020
Alright, glad that they actually didn't forget about the other sword. As expected the reason always that classic. Though, the moment of romance between those two young souls always become the spotlight, even until these days, right? Another fool keep coming to challenge the op mc. Not that bad, just, heavily annoying....
Hide and seek is the best offline games on this fatamorgana-called-world-thing. Please comment nicely. I am newbie here.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges
Dec 6, 2021 1:51 PM

Jul 2017
This episode felt more relevant than the other ones plot-wise, which is better than most of the episodes so far conceptually but not a fan of how quickly Asuna's already fallen as a character with her basically becoming more like a typical heroine, kind of like an Orihime from Bleach except Orihime wasn't someone who was a vice commander who could fight a ton against her enemies and lead others. Sure she cherished her relationship with Kirito more and more, but it's robbed her of her identity. Hopefully Progressive can continue to fix her character with future movies since she sucks in this main series sadly. Wish the dual-wielding skill had a better introduction too rather than act as a really convenient device for that fight. Cliffhanger with Heathcliff fighting for Asuna was meh for me, pacing for this whole episode and series still is really poor.
Dec 31, 2021 9:35 PM

Apr 2020
Now this is a certified street classic. This is the episode that SAO really deserves the attention and whatever is left of the positive reception it garners. So not only he has a lot of sleeves under his OP bastard self, he can dual wield swords...like that doesn't exist there right, is he really supposed to be first?!!!

But in order to save his friends and others, he has to lash out to defeat the boss. And as a result...Asuna is much more closer to him now, and Klein respects everything that he saw from Kirito. Good job, now you have to fight again in that kind of insane battle against Heathcliff, I'm sure that will be just as fun.
Jan 22, 2022 2:15 AM

Aug 2018
Yeah, they are almost lovers at this point.

Kirito vs Heathcliff should be interesting, thing is, I already watched SAO like 7 years ago so I know a little secret about Heathcliff haha

Aug 13, 2022 3:18 AM

Jun 2016
Dual-wielding swords, and heavy ones at that. Kinda badass, ngl.

A one vs one fight in the next episode. Should be quite the spectacle.

Lol at Asuna being the one who was scared/concerned at the end when she charged in first. I know she was scared at Kirito dying, but still funny regardless.

What is with leaders wanting to die in this series? Like sheesh.

Aug 19, 2022 10:33 AM

May 2022
awesome episode, great soundtrack and action with Kirito, but most importantly, him jumping in quickly because he didn't want to see anybody else die, he wants to protect as many people as possible, no matter the circumstances. loved how Asuna hugged him so much, so worried for him. interesting ending to the episode as well with Heathcliff challenging Kirito to a duel, got me engaged with this series even more on top of Kirito and Asuna bonding
Sep 4, 2022 8:29 PM
Sep 2022
Best episode of the series so far I think! The battle was amazing, even the side plot of the arrogant soldiers was entertaining. The dual swords were so badass, and the setup for next episode was great as well. If i could give it 6 stars I would.
Oct 17, 2022 1:04 PM

Mar 2019
Nice fight. Klein is back and this time Kirito isn't avoiding him! The animation was nice, but some decisions were really weird.

At times it feels like they forget what happened 5 minutes before, lol. Still entertaining episode, dual-wielding looked cool! Also what is that guild, not allowing members to leave.
Come on man,where is that Noragami season 3 masterpiece.We want it, Bones!

Nov 7, 2022 10:42 AM

Apr 2022
It was okay. It was okay.
“I won’t rely on anyone anymore. I don’t care if no one understands.” – Homura Akemi
Jan 24, 2023 8:51 PM
Jan 2023
Bro start a new arc already jesus christ
Mar 4, 2023 3:45 PM
Jun 2021
Well those that have seen it will know that this is THE episode.
Jun 11, 2023 1:30 PM
Jul 2017
There is ZERO reason for Kirito to agree to the duel. It's a zero sum gain for him, even if he wins, and a loss forces him to join a guild. The guilds in MMOs do not have any say on whether a member stays or leaves. This writing really irks me, as it's so unfounded and illogical.
Jul 14, 2023 4:08 AM

Aug 2019
why are they having a duel? asuna literally said that shell take a little break but heatcliff guy makes it sound like she is quitting completely.
and if this game was anything like a game the guild members could freely leave as they please
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 23, 2023 7:57 AM

Jan 2022
If Kiritio was anyone else, they would've died lol
This never updates so that's cool
Dec 16, 2023 8:09 AM

Nov 2023
Asuna is really cute in my opinion gaddamn
Jan 30, 6:59 AM
Jan 2024
Asuna and Kirito are obvious now, I love it...
Pages (16) « First ... « 14 15 [16]

More topics from this board

» Overall do you enjoy watching SAO? What do you like about it? :) ( 1 2 )

Rinrinka - Apr 15

72 by katnissmaezie »»
Yesterday, 1:05 AM

» What even is SAO anymore? ( 1 2 )

Jason-Skyrunner - Apr 27

53 by soli1239 »»
May 6, 8:27 PM

» We need a reboot

Superninjaboy2 - Mar 15

32 by Jason-Skyrunner »»
May 1, 5:20 PM

Poll: » Sword Art Online Episode 23 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

bippo - Dec 8, 2012

480 by amf85 »»
Apr 27, 5:20 PM

Poll: » Sword Art Online Episode 19 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Nov 10, 2012

680 by amf85 »»
Apr 27, 2:32 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.