Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (6) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Oct 16, 2008 10:27 AM

Dec 2007
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Screens
Oct 16, 2008 10:55 AM

Jul 2008
I AM FREAKED OUT BY THIS EPISODE!
Here's why:

*Mod edit*

aeroNov 17, 2008 3:31 PM
Oops! I appear to be incapable of following Rules 16 and 17, so I had to have a mod change my sig for me.
Oct 16, 2008 1:33 PM

Jun 2007
Tomoya's going crazy form Mei's "Oni-chan" call was too funny.
I hope they'll do Yukine's scenario after Mei's
AntiDentite said:

Next week's episode should be good. I've been looking forward to a certain scene in it forever.

I think I'm thinking about same scene and I agree, one of the best scene
Oct 16, 2008 5:01 PM

Sep 2008
^ What scene ??????? Tell me please. is Sunohara and Tomoya Gonna Fight each other? are you guys talking about in the PV when Nagisa Jumped on Tomoya when he was Punching Someone??
Go Watch Sumomo momo Its epic. It has not gotten much attention... Episode 1
http://www.veoh.com/videos/v83597095dreGdW#comments
Oct 16, 2008 5:45 PM

Apr 2008
Some of Mei's faces look like there from Lucky Star don't you think?
Oct 16, 2008 5:56 PM

Jul 2008
Mario1-7 said:
^ What scene ??????? Tell me please. is Sunohara and Tomoya Gonna Fight each other? are you guys talking about in the PV when Nagisa Jumped on Tomoya when he was Punching Someone??

In #4 maybe??? I don't know about that yet.

I just wanted to add although I felt like LOL at the scene of the onii-chan after Ryou points that Okazaki gets excited over Mei calling him onii-chan I started getting weird vibes. At first I though just overreacting it BUT the picture with the "LOVE LOVE" really toped my weirdness THAT IS ON TOP OF Okazaki lying to Sunohara about breaking up with Nagisa and going out with Mei. LOLICON BAKA OKAZAKI! Seriously he does not need to lie and THE GAME MUST BE OVER! This continues someone will GET HURT.

angel999Oct 17, 2008 4:13 AM
Oops! I appear to be incapable of following Rules 16 and 17, so I had to have a mod change my sig for me.
Oct 16, 2008 7:44 PM

Jan 2008
Haha... Kyou, Ryou and Kotomi's expression when they heard Mei call Tomoya onii-chan.
Oct 17, 2008 3:19 AM
Lead Admin
Faerie Queen

Aug 2007
T0sh1k1 said:
Tomoya's going crazy form Mei's "Oni-chan" call was too funny.
I agree xD I was laughing so hard, I think almost woke up my entire building complex xD That has to be one of the best scenes in the entire show!

That aside, I really don't have anything against Sanae, but I can't understand how she thinks what she's doing is a good thing. Sunohara doesn't know being with her is impossible, and he thinks she actually likes him. If he falls in love with her, what does that accomplish?

But then again, I don't know that Sunohara actually likes her, or rather, just the idea of being with her. He doesn't pay attention to her needs, he just depends on her and is flattered at being with her because of who she is.

I don't think this was a very bright idea on any of their parts. I'm with Nagisa, lying isn't good.
Oct 17, 2008 4:25 AM
Mar 2008
angel999 said:
THE GAME MUST BE OVER! This continues someone will GET HURT.

Kineta said:
I don't think this was a very bright idea on any of their parts. I'm with Nagisa, lying isn't good.

I totally agree. The situation from funny is starting to be rather serious.
But I'm loving the drama by far, this sequel started great.
Oct 17, 2008 8:09 AM

Nov 2007
Is it just me, or am i the only one that doesnt really like mei? lol
sure shes cute and all, but still, i think she's abit noisy for her own good
have she ever though of what Sunohara wants? and near the ending when she said " i want oniichan to join the soccer club again" wth, its always about what she wants lol, and tomoya said that something happen, not sure if it was shown yet, or i have forgotten so i wouldnt know, but still......i dont like mei !!
Oct 17, 2008 8:14 AM

Oct 2008
Mario1-7 said:

I would spoil the plot if I told you, but I'm sure that the PV is unrelated to next episode
Oct 17, 2008 8:34 AM
Anime DB Admin
BACK FOR MORE?

Jan 2007

Gotta love Clannad. Funny moments, a serious story - and everything's wrapped up so nicely. I enjoyed every second of this episode.

staff.applications  
guidelines.faq 

report.abuse  

thx.skittles  
thx.kina 

[H+] ³  
Oct 17, 2008 10:37 AM

Feb 2008
Brilliant episode, I just hope Sunohara grows up and starts paying more attention to his adorable little sister. Mei FTW.

"Onii-chan~" xD
Oct 17, 2008 10:42 AM

Jul 2008
DarkDemonz said:
Is it just me, or am i the only one that doesnt really like mei? lol
sure shes cute and all, but still, i think she's abit noisy for her own good
have she ever though of what Sunohara wants? and near the ending when she said " i want oniichan to join the soccer club again" wth, its always about what she wants lol, and tomoya said that something happen, not sure if it was shown yet, or i have forgotten so i wouldnt know, but still......i dont like mei !!

I think that he got into a fight with the club but we do not the details and YEAH IT WAS MENTIONED A LITTLE in the first season.
Oct 17, 2008 11:28 AM

Mar 2008
to be fair, i didnt think that sunohara was that insensitive...has he somehow changed personality from season 1 to 2?? as i remember admiring his enthusiasm for helping out so much for fuko-chan....and getting really really involved and worked up from that....and fuko-chan wasnt even tht close to him or a relative....so to think hed be tht distant and horrible to mei is either just really heart-breaking or slightly wrong in the storyline....especially when its not even proper love as it nagisa's mum..
so then i didnt like the storyline to this one, it wasnt totally epic or totally comical...just seems a tad unnecessary......
hopefully will all be sorted out....anyhow i want more nagisa action!!!
sugarplumfairyOct 17, 2008 11:32 AM
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 17, 2008 12:33 PM

Dec 2007
Was a good episode, it's getting really dramatic now. I didn't think that he would be that insensitive to his sister just because of some girl. I can't remember what happened between him and the soccer team, if it was even mentioned in the first place.

#NBHNC
Oct 17, 2008 12:34 PM

Jul 2008
I really liked this episode and enjoyed.

That "Onii-chan" scene I really loled there so funny :D Tomoya's clothes so awesome <333333

About Sunohara why he changed so much I really cant get it. At S1 Mei didnt pay attention right? She wast listening to him or else. And now it is the opposite? Why? It shouldnt only have within Sanae only >_<

If Mei falls for Tomoya I really wil hate her indeed -_- I dont want Nagisa cry!!!!!

*Btw i want more about Nagisa too xD*
Oct 17, 2008 12:39 PM

Apr 2007
In the promotion video there was a scene Tomoya beating out the crap of someone.

Have to be Sunohara :P
Oct 17, 2008 12:45 PM

Sep 2008
Sunohara Disappointed me, and Nagisa's Mom Should know better. >_> Now in the next episode someone is gonna get there ass kicked. Where in the hell is Fuko >_>
Oct 17, 2008 12:48 PM

May 2007
"Onii-chaaan~" "And a toilet seat cover".
^Ahahaha. Best parts of the episode. XDDD

Kinda weird seeing Sunohara being all that serious in this ep, but even so I really like where this is going. :) Hopefully he'll return to being a good Onii-chan to Mei next ep~ also can't wait for a Sunohara vs Tomoya haha.

Oct 17, 2008 1:05 PM

Feb 2008
Good episode. Funny and serious. That's Clannad. :3
Mei's "Onii-chan"-Attack was hilarious. xD
And a toilet seat cover.
Oct 17, 2008 1:16 PM
Oct 17, 2008 1:22 PM

Apr 2008
Awwwwwww , such a sad episode in my opinion. Quite good though. Sunohara baka !! Get your act together indeed !! You were always so friendly but still friendly and all, ~uguuu~ Go back to being a good onii-chan alrdy pretty please !! :D

lol @ Tomoya begging for more onii-chan from mei..... xD
Oct 17, 2008 1:27 PM

Jun 2007
Wah! Mei was so cute in this episode!
Ahh, Sunohara deserves a good punch in the face... I hope Tomoya gives him one next episode.

and wth, somebody should tell Sunohara that Sanae is Nagisa's mom >_< it will just make things worse later on! What are they thinking...?

Oct 17, 2008 1:37 PM

Aug 2008
Another Sunohara-centric episode! Hopefully the rest of the show can be about him, and less about the other rather bland characters.
Oct 17, 2008 1:41 PM

Jul 2008
Okazaki's got mad love for the lolis. Funny and serious episode. I cannot conceive of Okazaki having a problem with Sunohara when he is spitting so many lies to him. I like Okazaki but if he gets mad at Sunohara I hope he gets his face kicked in.
Oct 17, 2008 1:46 PM

Jan 2008
Sunohara's idiocy is just killing me, couldn't stand this episode, really. show some development already <.< Don't want anymore Sunohara please, the only scenes i found good are mei x Okazaki; oniichan combo and then Kyou, Kotomi and Ryou's witnessing the whole combo, hehe, nice ^^, but the rest of the episode was a burden to watch >.>
Oct 17, 2008 1:49 PM

Apr 2008
cyruz said:

"I feel sorry for you" xD

Funny Episode :D

Mei was awesome in this episode and her "Onii-Chan~" was just win!! <3
mEdiApAcKOct 17, 2008 3:32 PM

Oct 17, 2008 2:17 PM

Sep 2008
Straw-Hat-Matt said:
Awwwwwww , such a sad episode in my opinion. Quite good though. Sunohara baka !! Get your act together indeed !! You were always so friendly but still friendly and all, ~uguuu~ Go back to being a good onii-chan alrdy pretty please !! :D

lol @ Tomoya begging for more onii-chan from mei..... xD

You watched Shana and Kanon alot don't you.
Oct 17, 2008 2:18 PM

Jun 2007
This ep was awesome! it even made me raise my score x3

Lol i forgot Sunohara still thinks Sanae is Nagisa's sister, "we'll be brothers" pffft lol
Oct 17, 2008 2:27 PM

Feb 2008
If someone cute one said Oni-san in Japan, I will be a bit embarassed too. It seem Sunohara have become a bit serious about his sister.
Actually he love Mei as a brother and care about her but won't be able to tell her.

I can feel her cutenest when she said Oni-san~ and I think Tomoya going to get a punch of Sunohara.
I'm about to feel sorry for Sunohara thought.

Nothing ventured, nothing gained (Girls und Panzer der Film ) / from Nishizumi Miho

Oct 17, 2008 2:29 PM

Dec 2007
Holy crap, awesome episode all around. 11/10, the 11 part being Okazaki and Mei's "date".
Oct 17, 2008 2:40 PM

Nov 2007
noteDhero said:
Another Sunohara-centric episode! Hopefully the rest of the show can be about him, and less about the other rather bland characters.

lol i agree ^ lol

i guess im the only one here that doesnt like mei lol, anyone else? =p
Oct 17, 2008 3:01 PM
Oct 2008
This episode was adorable and hilarious. Hope to see more of the same next time!
Oct 17, 2008 3:03 PM

Apr 2008
Mei is so moe, i want to hug her *___*

Oct 17, 2008 3:30 PM

Aug 2008
It's definitely time for Fuko to step in and resolve matters.

The play date between Tomoya and Mei was my favorite part of the episode. Ryou bursting into tears at the sight of them was great. I also hope Suno and Okazaki can patch things up before the end of episode 4, this is starting to drag...

Sanae looked beautiful as usual.
GreorgyOct 17, 2008 10:09 PM
Oct 17, 2008 3:35 PM

Jul 2008
De-JaY said:
Good episode. Funny and serious. That's Clannad. :3
Mei's "Onii-chan"-Attack was hilarious. xD
And a toilet seat cover.

CAN SOMEONE PLEASE EXPLAIN TO ME THE STUPID TOILET SEAT JOKE! :O I really don't get why he says that. What does he mean anyways?????????
Oct 17, 2008 3:36 PM

Dec 2007
Comedy mixed with deep emotions. Now that's wat I call a good episode.
Mei was hilarious during the "Onii-chan" scene ^^
Oct 17, 2008 3:49 PM

Jan 2007
The onii-chan joke was awesome. I loved the Fujibayashi's reaction. One looks totally disgusted and the other cries. Hilarious stuff.
Oct 17, 2008 3:49 PM

Aug 2007
For me, this second series is already better than the first (wich I saw almost dying of boredom -.-).

I hope it continues good.
And Mei and Tomoya scene "Onii-chan" was a little annoying and...weird o.Õ

Oct 17, 2008 3:52 PM

Mar 2007
Heh, this ep made me rememnber why the Sunohara arc was so epic in the game. XD
Though I feel sorry for Mei for what's going to come........ :(

Angel999, you obviously had no idea what the ep was about when you first posted in here, so there really was no reason to post what you did. >.>
Sorry to sound so harsh, but it seems you're doing this in other threads as well and it's just plain confusing when things turn out to be differently than what you said.

The whole problem is that Sunohara is seriously falling in love with Sanae (despite that it was supposed to be an act for Mei) and that Sunohara isn't the caring onii-chan he used to be.
Whatever happens around this (e.g. Okazaki going around town with Mei), is all in control and purely to help Sunohara. Notice how at the end of the ep Okazaki was sitting right next to Nagisa and Mei was sitting alone feeling sad. If there was really something going on, you could've expected Okazaki to have held her.

Reminder of what happened with Sunohara and the soccer club;
According to the first season explained by Tomoya (ep 15): "Sunohara is the same as me. He had to quit the club he joined as part of a sports recruitment for the school. He was on the soccer team. But he clashed with an upperclassman, got in a fight, and had to quit. The rest is the same story as me."
According to the movie:

edit: And if you don't get the toilet seat joke, Angel999, you haven't seen the previous ep......... >.>

edit2: My bad karkarr. I added the spoiler tag and what they actually said in the first season in regards to this. (And I thought keeping apart what happened in the game and in the anime was hard enough, I didn't take the movie in account >.< )
BourskOct 17, 2008 4:25 PM
Oct 17, 2008 3:53 PM
Oct 2008
to angel999

Tomoya told Sunohara in episode 2 that by ending every sentence with "and a toilet seat cover", he will sound more interesting or something; it was part of their plan to get suno a girl.

I want more Nagisa+Tomoya scenes too :\
I think it's too late to tell Sunohara that Sanae is Nagisa's mom because it would only bring Sunohara to depression or anger and solve nothing. He was probably desperate for some love because, lets face it, while we find it funny, everyone's usually an asshole to him :P, even Mei. That would explain his obsession with Sanae, as she is the first in the series so far to show some sort of compassion for him. Maybe, despite all his antics, Sunohara is actually very insecure with himself and his joking nature is just a facade for his inability to express himself. This then, is probably related to his past with the soccer team? Idk, that's my theory so far.

and to Boursk
The thing you said regarding Suno and the soccer team...i think was only explained in the Clannad Movie? i don't remember season 1 mentioning those details at all.
karkarrOct 17, 2008 4:03 PM
Oct 17, 2008 4:02 PM

Sep 2007
angel999 said:

-Mei seems to be falling in love with Okazaki......that is going to be wack. O_O

-The picture in the booth is cute but Mei seriously seems to be clinging unto Okazaki, Nagisa might might get hurt! I WILL PUNCH OKAZAKI if he makes Nagisa cry over something foolish like that.

Mei is only acting like that because she sees Tomoya as her "brother", whereas Sunohara is slipping away more and more. Tomoya has no feelings for her whatsoever.

And I'm inclined to agree with Boursk. After I watch the subs and go into an episode thread, a lot of the stuff you wrote are wrong.
Oct 17, 2008 4:13 PM

Oct 2008
what a great episode, it made me happy seeing the sunohara arc being animated...
Mei-chan goodness this whole episode =)

btw, has anyone else noticed Okazaki whistling the dango daikazoku theme song while he was listening to his earphones? pretty funny considering his character
Oct 17, 2008 4:34 PM

Jun 2008
He was whistling to Dango Daikazoku theme! Pretty funny after i listened to it again.

When Okazaki was hanging out with Mei and the Fujibayashi twins and Kotomi appeared, that was absolutely hilarious.

Overall another great Clannad episode.
Signature Here.
Oct 17, 2008 5:10 PM

Mar 2008
good episode, nice mix of comedy and drama.
Oct 17, 2008 5:16 PM

Jun 2008
Tomoya x Mei FTW! :D

Just kidding~

But this episode was really funny. So far, I like After Story a LOT better than the first season
Oct 17, 2008 5:16 PM

Sep 2008
People Who know these things Come to my Channel And Spoil me:

Will Sunohara and Tomoya Fight..
What is going to happen to Mei
Where is Fuko Will she have a Big Part in this Season?
Will Sanae suffer for what she is doing to Sunohara?
And again the Most important question When in the hell is Fuko Coming.

First to tell me will get unlimited Cookies and Ice cream for life.

I need to know I don't Mind Spoilers.. Please Please its killing me. ;_;
Oct 17, 2008 5:28 PM

Oct 2007
I really wish Sunohara kicked the **** out of Okazaki~ since really, this is all his fault and Sunohara is my favourite clannad character >=D But looking at some comments it's the other way around =_=
Oct 17, 2008 5:39 PM

Jul 2008
Definitely liked this episode. I had to pause the video and scream in frustration, disbelief, and hilarity several times. XD

This is going to be some weird love triangles... I tell ya'.
Pages (6) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Clannad ~After Story~ Episode 22 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

patient_senses - Mar 12, 2009

1170 by -45- »»
May 13, 11:41 PM

Poll: » Clannad ~After Story~ Episode 15 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

mflatischler - Jan 22, 2009

255 by tamildhool111 »»
May 12, 3:57 AM

Poll: » Clannad ~After Story~ Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

OurSocialStatus - Mar 26, 2009

324 by wibugar »»
May 9, 2:44 PM

Poll: » Clannad ~After Story~ Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

slayer545-sama - Nov 20, 2008

245 by jilebi_james23 »»
May 8, 1:57 AM

Poll: » Clannad ~After Story~ Episode 18 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

id - Feb 12, 2009

727 by -45- »»
May 4, 9:12 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.