Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »
Aug 21, 2012 7:45 PM

Feb 2012
bastek66 said:
This was hilarious.
As soon as he asked where the library was, i was expecting him to say Chitanda's catch phrase. Hearing him say it was a good laugh.
I'm glad this was the "Houtarou got curious." episode. I knew it was coming eventually, and i quite enjoyed it. I realized the truth behind his teacher earlier than i thought i would, and it was quite sad to learn the people were found dead.

Overall this was a good episode for me. Nice character development for Houtarou. Maybe Houtarou x Chintanda as well.
Aug 21, 2012 10:09 PM

Dec 2011
unpopular opinion: I actually find Chitanda’s “kininarimasu” thing EXTREMELY annoying and getting old

I love Houtarou so much and I realize she’s helping his character development, but still she comes off as completely bothersome & even selfish.
The other female characters have a lot more substance IMO (Irisu, Mayaka, Sawakiguchi)

Winter9Aug 22, 2012 5:30 PM
Aug 22, 2012 3:47 AM
Community Admin
sunny moment

May 2010
There was definitely some interesting developments for the characters; I found it easier to focus on that aspect since the mystery was a relatively trivial one.

However, I was generally bored by the episode and while the Oreki is an interesting enough character by himself, I still feel that we know little about Chitanda.

Still, the mystery really put me off; the characters are great and all but the mysteries have been nothing but underwhelming for me during this whole show. Time to see what they do with the remaining episodes.
Aug 22, 2012 10:31 AM

Aug 2011
Only 3 episodes remain!!! щ(ಥДಥ)щ!!!
Aug 22, 2012 12:09 PM
Jun 2012
AirStyles said:
Houtaro felt guilty about nonchalantly said the teacher like helicopter, when in reality, helicopter is the one thing the teacher never wish to even see... (no rescue heli = no stranded climbers)

The episode it's just that simple.

Kinda like, I wouldn't want to say "Kevin love buses" because he takes the bus everywhere, when in fact, Kevin's mother was killed by a bus and he actually don't like buses... Something along that line.

"I hope I'm not right about this"
Indeed Houtaro... Indeed...

nice way to put it
Aug 22, 2012 3:21 PM

Jul 2008
Filler episode?
Aug 22, 2012 4:31 PM

Jul 2012
divine9 said:
unpopular opinion: I actually find Chitanda’s “kininarimasu” thing EXTREMELY annoying and getting old

I love Houtarou so much and I realize she’s helping his character development, but still she comes off as completely bothersome & even selfish.
The other female characters have a lot more substance IMO (Irisu, Mayaka, Sawakiguchi)

Nope, I agree.

GarLogan78 said:
Filler episode?

Not at all. This was a key episode that helped enhance more development in Oreki along with his relationship with Chitanda.
Aug 22, 2012 6:50 PM

Jan 2011
ihateeveryone said:
divine9 said:

Nope, I agree.

I agree too. I like Chitanda, but it's annoying how she does that close up in Oreki and they never kiss, I feel like doing a headshot.
Aug 22, 2012 7:29 PM

Mar 2012
Getting good, looking forward to/crossing my fingers for an Oreki/Chitanda pair hopefully later on, though it still seems kind of unlikely >_>, next episode looks good though ^^ and gah… へんたい/変態(pervert)≠へんたい/編隊(formation) >.< freaking homonyms
Aug 22, 2012 8:52 PM

Jul 2012
Niyawa said:
ihateeveryone said:
divine9 said:

Nope, I agree.

I agree too. I like Chitanda, but it's annoying how she does that close up in Oreki and they never kiss, I feel like doing a headshot.

I feel like doing a headshot through both our brains everytime she screams watashi kiniarimasu oh god how does Oreki put up with it I would've killed the bitch and ended the show at episode 4 if I was him./rant
Aug 22, 2012 9:00 PM

May 2010
This was a pretty good episode! I had my enjoyment seeing this :)

Aug 22, 2012 11:24 PM

Feb 2010
godlike reactions when oreki said he wanted to do something and then when he said he was curious.

i thought it was going to be a boring episode at start but it ended being really good.
Aug 23, 2012 3:57 AM

Apr 2011
The case about the English teacher may not be interesting, but Oreki and Eru's development made up for it.

It was adorable to see them both of them together alone, and learning something new. Seeing Chitanda blush a little proves it might not be long before she grows romantic feelings for him. But will it happen when they're only three episodes left?

Seems like more Oreki x Eru developements next episode.
Aug 23, 2012 6:42 AM

Jan 2011
ihateeveryone said:
Niyawa said:
ihateeveryone said:
divine9 said:

Nope, I agree.

I feel like doing a headshot through both our brains everytime she screams watashi kiniarimasu oh god how does Oreki put up with it I would've killed the bitch and ended the show at episode 4 if I was him./rant

Oreki is one of that godly MCs, he can put up with everything. It's not like he cared that much in the first place.
Aug 23, 2012 6:14 PM

May 2011
This was pretty funny. Everyone getting so hyped up over Oreki wanting to do something, lol. Chitanda was really awesome this episode as well. XD
Aug 23, 2012 10:05 PM

Feb 2010
Chitanda and Oreki episode ftw
Aug 24, 2012 12:15 AM
Jul 2018
Oreki being curious about something? What is this? Everyone's reactions, especially Satoshi's, were great.

Lots of Chitanda and ChitandaXOreki this episode. Can't ask for much more. Some might call it filler, but there was some really character building this episode. And relationship building as well. The preview makes it seem like those 2 might actually be getting together by the end of the series. We can hope anyway.

With only 3 episodes left, I know i'm really going to miss this show. Hoping for a 2 episode mystery, then a final episode mystery that will somehow be really fitting way to end the series.
Aug 24, 2012 11:15 AM

Aug 2011
Oreki and Chitanda shippers are happy.

Man I love this series! <3
Aug 24, 2012 4:19 PM

Mar 2012
What's make this episode good was the bike imagination lol..
Keep moving forward
Aug 25, 2012 1:25 AM

Mar 2010
jBui said:
soo did Oreki end up giving Chitanda a ride home in the end?
-MgZ_ said:
I repeated the part where Oreki said he was curious like five times. Loled hard.
So, what did Houtarou did at the end? He said he owe her one but did he actually guided Eru otw to her home?

I doubt he did. Probably helping out next time or something :o hope to see that.

Replayed the episode like 3 times. I love the characters so much ahaha.

Niyawa said:
ihateeveryone said:
Niyawa said:
ihateeveryone said:
divine9 said:

Nope, I agree.

Oreki is one of that godly MCs, he can put up with everything. It's not like he cared that much in the first place.

That's just how Chitanda is, i kind of see it as ''funny'' , not annoying at all o.O just my opinion
LylaazAug 25, 2012 1:30 AM
Aug 25, 2012 3:54 AM
Apr 2012
This episode really gives me something to look forward to in the last few episodes.

I hope that Hyouka will end with Eru and Oreki coming to understand their feelings for each other. It does not have to necessarily conclude with them being a couple though.

And also I hope that something will happen between Satoshi and Mayaka that will enable them to become closer.
Aug 25, 2012 10:31 AM

Feb 2009
Well this one was easy, I think the only mystery in Hyouka I figured out right. I was just hoping that when he went to library he wouldn't find an article about the teacher's death that all.
Aug 29, 2012 5:01 AM

Jul 2012
Liked it how the others reacted when Oreki expressed his interest into going to the library to find out more. Yes Oreki, it is that weird to see you interested in doing something xD

Epic moments when Oreki thinks of the scenarios regarding the bike ride and ends up just walking to the library by foot.
Sep 8, 2012 1:46 PM

Aug 2008
Kind of a step down from the previous case but still entertaining nonetheless. Chitanda seems to be more aware of her feelings towards Houtarou now.
Sep 9, 2012 10:17 AM

Oct 2011
I'm glad that I could see the other side of you. Hmmm... I can smell loveeeeeee ;p
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the General Forum Guidelines.
Sep 27, 2012 10:59 AM

Sep 2011
Almost died laughing when Oreki said he wanted to go to the library because he was "curious" and everyone was just in shock. xD
Sep 29, 2012 7:27 AM

Jan 2011
Now this was a interesting filler.
Time to marathon this, if I don't get distracted by other crap. x)
I almost never read discussions after I made my post, if you want to reply PM me or post on my profile page.
Oct 10, 2012 8:51 AM

May 2012
It was an okey episode nothing special IMO, hopefully they'll start with a interesting arc soon!
Oct 17, 2012 7:04 PM

Nov 2009
Can't wait, betting the next arc is the final arc, bet its going to be really interesting.
Nov 13, 2012 7:45 PM

Jun 2011
Oreki totally walked her home at the end.. How I wish I could've seen that on screen!
Honobono Log - best slice of life short
--------------------------------------------
most kawaii loli overlord
----------------------------
Donquixote Doflamingo AMV - Control
Nov 14, 2012 3:05 PM

Jan 2012
i guess the whole reversal thing was funny and bizzare but other than that it was a meeeeh epi for me
Nov 20, 2012 12:58 PM

Sep 2012
oreki's caught the chi syndrome o:
Nov 22, 2012 10:41 AM

Sep 2011
It was definitely fun to see their reaction to Oreki wanting to do something :D

Otherwise, this wasn't much of an exciting episode. I'm happy though that it seems like their relationship is going in a positive way.
Jan 13, 2013 5:11 AM

Mar 2008
this is one of the most tedious anime I've seen.
sadly, I'm not even joking. And mind you, I usually like slice-of-life (and mystery)..
Jan 25, 2013 7:38 AM
Dec 2012
Oreki's imagination XD
Jan 29, 2013 9:19 AM

Nov 2012
Ehhh although obviously her being curious line is a trademark, but man Chitanda does not respect personal space ._.
Mar 27, 2013 5:00 PM
Aug 2012
this is rather anoying they skipped the part where oreki wld have to explain why he blackmailed to sell 30 copys of harouka lieing and deceiving his friends to do so
Apr 6, 2013 2:12 AM

Jan 2013
Damn the lack of romantic development between Oreki and Chitanda.
I'd enjoy this at least twice as much if this was a School, Mystery, Romance.

It only bothers me when there's teases at romance but absolutely no delivery.

fullmoon101 said:
Ehhh although obviously her being curious line is a trademark, but man Chitanda does not respect personal space ._.

She can get away with that for 3 reasons.
1. She is extremely cute.
2. She is genuinely excited and not doing that to annoy Oreki intentionally.
3. Oreki likes her.
Jun 26, 2013 6:22 AM

Nov 2011
5/5

Stake useful to show a hidden side of Oreki, and it also starts to talk about the relationship between him and Chitanda. The mystery was not compelling, but I'm enjoying visiting the city with them.
Jul 7, 2013 3:19 PM

Jul 2012
nyaa nyaa we need more chi x ore D:
Jul 26, 2013 11:04 AM

Jan 2012
OREKI WAS KIRINARIMASU!!!! :O
Nov 17, 2013 7:35 PM

Oct 2013
Satoshi slapping Oreki's face to check if hes ok. so funny.
"Urushibara Ruka. The mannerisms and voice of a woman... No... More feminine than any woman. But he's a guy. Taller than Mayuri, but so very thin... But he's a guy. Looks great in a miko outfit... But he's a guy. It's already twilight And yet, it's so hot. The cicadas are crying. But... He's a guy."
Jan 2, 2014 6:57 PM

Jun 2013
Oreki x Eru = Another character development
Oreki's curiosity = Mind blown
Oreki's imagination = Epic
Jan 15, 2014 4:19 PM

Jul 2013
Oh, Oreki was curious on why the teacher likes helicopters and being struck by lightning three times. Not his productive move but got him motivated. I really like Chitanda and Oreki's interactions in here, and somewhat tried to confess something at the end.

LOL Those bike illusions of what Oreki is thinking, with his boring face XD.

Mar 7, 2014 7:54 PM

Jul 2013
really luv this episode with just oreki and chitanda only~! <33
Mar 19, 2014 1:52 AM

Jun 2012
lel I like helicopters =P

but seriously, nice episode, just not as great as the festival one of course.

Mar 26, 2014 4:26 PM

Aug 2013
I wonder what Chitanda wanted to say at the end.

So the teacher was an alpinist that probably lost friend and when he thought an helicopter would bring them safe, he brought two dead men with him.

I heard somewhere that the record of the guy that was hit by lightning the most was 7 times, and then later he killed himself. What a sad fate.

Well, a lot of HoutarouxChitanda moment. I hope we get a proper clossure on this relationship! xD
«Time is passing so quickly. Right now, I feel like complaining to Einstein. Whether time is slow or fast depends on perception. Relativity theory is so romantic. And so sad.»
- Kurisu Makise a.k.a. The Zombie
Jul 29, 2014 7:12 PM

Jul 2009
Hmm, so a bit of a chill episode this time ... somehow they get talking about their old teacher Ogi who likes helicopters ... or does he? Turns out he was just into mountain climbing and was glad a rescue team was on the way ... shame it was too late :(
Though really, I guess this episode just built up more of Houtarou and Chitanda's relationship ... TBH, I was hoping this series wouldn't really have that much romance :S Of course, nothing really has happened yet, but they're definitely hinting at it. We've got Houtarou slowly changing ... and now HE'S the one that's curious! Boy, Ibara and Satoshi sure were surprised eh :P Oh well, hope to see the latter two more next episode though :O
Sep 23, 2014 3:03 AM

Jan 2014
bastek66 said:
Epic :D
Sep 27, 2014 12:24 PM

Jan 2014
After the splendid cultural festival I thought this episode would be more boring, but that scene with the three of them overreacting at Houtarou's rare show of curiosity was epic!!!
“We see what we want to see”
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »

More topics from this board

» No romance here

KainiusTheGreat - Mar 10

26 by KitsuFrost »»
Apr 28, 4:21 AM

Poll: » Hyouka Episode 16 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Yumekichi11 - Aug 5, 2012

186 by Dasfonia »»
Apr 16, 9:53 PM

Poll: » Hyouka Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Yumekichi11 - May 6, 2012

268 by Cammell »»
Apr 8, 1:27 PM

Poll: » Hyouka Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Veronin - Apr 22, 2012

491 by Prosper20 »»
Apr 5, 7:19 PM

Poll: » Hyouka Episode 22 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Yumekichi11 - Sep 16, 2012

605 by sarahdqueener »»
Feb 29, 1:10 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.