Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « First ... « 2 3 [4]
May 22, 2015 10:41 PM

Jul 2008
Wait Houtarou was curious? The end is upon us, RUN FOR YOUR LIFE!!! And the club had epic reactions to prove this.

I guess I still missed the mystery result. He was upset the 2 people were killed right?
Jun 8, 2015 9:17 AM
Jun 2015
WolfWood37 said:
Wait Houtarou was curious? The end is upon us, RUN FOR YOUR LIFE!!! And the club had epic reactions to prove this.

I guess I still missed the mystery result. He was upset the 2 people were killed right?
I think so.And the time he say that he like helicopter it's probally mean that he glad see helicopter come that time to save his life to not end just like his 2 friends.And I curious about waht chitanda gonna say at the end.XD
Nov 23, 2015 1:47 PM

Dec 2014
Damn son. My nickname is Ogi. I feel so attached to the teacher now.
Dec 25, 2015 1:07 PM

Sep 2014
I wanted to know what that person felt. Ep 18.

Plot: On an average day, Oreki remembers a past teacher reacting to helicopters but doesn't know why. So brimming with Curiosity, he goes to find out. On his own. CHitanda can't help but be Curious about his Curiosity! The answer comes when they find that the teacher was a Mountain climber and on that day the Helicopters were searching for stranded Climbers. Oreki wanted to know what that person felt because leaving it as a simple, and proven false, conclusion would've felt wrong to him.

Character: Oreki is really changing. THe main flaw that he overlooked back at the Film mystery, aka What No One Noticed (hehe. Nice one), was that he didn't look into the person behind the mystery. Now though, he put in the work and went to find it out himself. So while he did stick with his energy conservation, he still went and did something.

Chitanda was adorable here and even she is starting to see the change in Oreki. And one wonders what she thinks of it and how it may impact their relationship come later.

Animation/sound: This was a cute and laidback ep so the music laid it out well. If I didn't know better I'd think Oreki and Chitanda were on a date (I do btw ;)).

4/5. It was short, sweet, and character moving.

I go where I wanna go, even if its into Oppai.
May 12, 2016 5:55 AM

Mar 2014
He's changing . The Man with an 'eternal motto' is changing !! Consideration.
Great Episode !!! knowing its meaning makes me glad ~ .
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 14, 2016 7:20 AM

Jan 2016
HE IS CURIOUS!!! OMG OMG SOMEONE CALL 911!
Quite the “cute” /fascinating episode. felt like a onetime episode/side episode. but also a feeling that the story is going too be about.. Chitanda and Houtarou are getting closer,further on.. :P
cause MAL is doing there job for once.
Sep 19, 2016 1:26 PM
Jan 2012
chitanda very interesting to helps oreki. Like this episode and story about english teacher. I hope more answers next's episodes.
Nov 8, 2016 8:38 PM

Sep 2015
Houtarou...got curious this episode!!
Teacher mystery solved. When Chitanda said "I'm glad I saw a different side of you" , I was like hoping for romance to occur.
Jun 24, 2017 5:02 PM

Aug 2013
Houtarou... curious... :O

The club's reaction though.

Aug 7, 2017 1:44 PM

Feb 2015
I can't get into this Ogi-sensei thing. I get a part of it, like why he was happy to see a helicopter but I don't get why he and his "mystery" matters. Why did they even bother looking into it. Maybe there was some good character interaction but meh one of the weaker episodes. Hopefully this arc picks up if they plan to continue it.
Jan 6, 2018 11:27 PM

Jun 2014
Luke72 said:
I can't get into this Ogi-sensei thing. I get a part of it, like why he was happy to see a helicopter but I don't get why he and his "mystery" matters.

Ogi doesn't "matter" per se. There are two layers to the mystery here -- Ogi's actions and also why Houtarou cares about them anyway. In all the mysteries, there has been some human motivation essential to figuring them out. At this point, it is now clear that Houtarou does not care about mysteries as mysteries -- he is really motivated by an underlying humanism. Houtarou does not like mysteries -- he likes drama. In fact, he's uninterested by them until it becomes clear there is some underlying human element to them. This is really the content of Chitanda and Houtarou's conversation afterwards.
May 3, 2018 11:17 AM

Apr 2013
Kind of a weak mystery, but the time they spent at the library was soothing to watch so I won't complain. Liked it.
Jan 2, 2019 7:33 AM
Jan 2017
"I'm just a bit, you know..... curious." That made for me hahaha. Great episode as usual.
May 8, 2019 7:51 AM

May 2015
Yea just...yea...a story about nothing.
"The future is always blank. Only your willpower can leave footsteps there."

"Ruling over death means ruling over life. Death is the climax of life. To have the best death, you must honor life."
Jun 5, 2019 9:00 PM

Jul 2016
Aside from some interesting interactions between Oreki and Eru, this episode was rather weak.
Aug 17, 2019 12:28 PM

Nov 2017
Everyone's reaction to Houtarou being curious was hilarious!
Jan 1, 2020 9:43 AM

Jan 2015
Nice episode, Oreki for the first time was curious about something.
Jan 26, 2020 10:07 AM
Apr 2016
Having a blank in your memory really is painful, I can see why Oreki wanted to figure it out. A rather interesting mystery this time.
Mar 6, 2020 9:58 AM

Mar 2017
I am, until this point, still baffled that people take this series as if it's Detective Conan where murder and robbery happen here and there. If you want to watch that kind of anime, you have lots of options, mainly one that doesn't have freaking "SLICE OF LIFE" tag on it. No matter how you think about it, Slice of Life is always about the characters and everything revolves around them (character interaction, development, etc). Kinda like how most of people assume "harem" tag automatically means trash and you don't have to take it seriously.

IMO, this is one of the best anime I've ever watched. While it's too unrealistic at some point (like how you can assume something based on so little information) but this is actually a close to real-life situation. You don't have serious cases around you so often so you solve these trivial "mysteries" around your daily life.

Particularly this episode where it's not about the mystery itself, but more about the development of Oreki Hotarou as a character. Even though many people have pointed it out multiple times on earlier pages but I guess not all people are really interested in reading others' comment and just want to say what they want to say (which is not remotely wrong but why even go to the discussion section in the first place).
Jun 9, 2020 10:48 PM

Aug 2019
oooow fuck that was a dark story, but thank god it turned out different to what i thought. I thought it was the dude HIMSELF that was stuck in the mountains and the sound of helicopters gave him hope he could never forget. Would of been a very darker story otherwise.
Lighter note, real happy that Houtarou is getting some character development and is changing so much! Chitanda can some how be both his kryptonite and a positive source of change for him. I do hope we see a tiny bit of romance between them
Jun 28, 2020 3:39 AM
Feb 2018
this episode not in novel
Jul 28, 2020 4:18 PM

Nov 2018
This anime is one of these films where you want to scream ''kiss already'' a lot.
I hate everyone equally
Aug 30, 2020 3:24 AM

Jul 2020
LOL at their reaction when Houtarou said he was curious.

Some might find this mystery somewhat pointless however it shows a great character development for Houtarou. From being someone who really doesn’t care on anything that will make him waste energy, he’s slowly doing things in his own will. I bet if this happened on the start of the anime he wouldn’t care less, but he became curious and even think of what his Sensei’s feelings and thoughts during that time he said “he likes helicopters”. He wants to verify if his Sensei really mean those things he said, which they found out that he means different thing. It was also a great way to show Houtarou’s great observation skills, and good memory.
Apr 5, 2021 11:57 AM
Jul 2020
My hypothesis was that there have been some kind of crime during the day of october 31st and that the police was looking for witnesses. The objection that you could make is "doesn't police usually tell the time when the crime was committed?" yeah they do, however they were talking to teens and preteens, that usually don't pay attection to the time like adults.
Still, Oreki hypothesis was cooler and maybe more plausible then mine, but I like to think that mine was still possible.
Apr 15, 2021 6:06 AM

Jun 2020
Oreki dug up from the past pertaining to Ogi-san about helicopters

Oreki and Eru had a little date meetup in the public library quite unexpected to hear Oreki go and do something for once outside

This time Oreki got curious or Eru just infected Oreki in some way what was Eru gonna say to Oreki.
Jun 7, 2021 12:08 PM
Jun 2015
Really enjoyed this ep! This should have had in general a little bit more romance in it from the start, not saying it should have been pushed but a little bit more romantic development from the beginning would have been nice
Jan 7, 2022 2:32 PM

Jul 2021
I was really surprised when Houtarou said he was curious, I never thought that day would come
asdasdsadad
Aug 28, 2022 12:57 PM
Jul 2020
I remeber liking this and the episodes following quite a biit. good for a re-watch, really.
Sep 9, 2022 9:31 PM

Aug 2014
Oreki being curious is unusual. But it looks better for him to think for himself, not for other.
Check My AnimeList (or click my signature)
My Main Genres: Adventure, Action, Fantasy
My Sub Genres: Slice of Life, Comedy, H&E

Check My Profile, my ranking
What I Watch This Season
Best Character & WAIFU This Season
Best OP/ED Song This Season
Oct 8, 2022 5:27 PM

Aug 2021
ogi's mystery was a fun one. maybe not anything special but neither are any of the other mysteries but this one was nice and it enabled some relationship building between oreki and chitanda
Dec 5, 2022 5:28 AM

Mar 2019
Oreki saying how he is curious was very funny, especially their reactions. Nothing important happened but it was still interesting, there is that one OST that always amplifies the mystery when it plays and I love it.
Come on man,where is that Noragami season 3 masterpiece.We want it, Bones!

Oct 22, 2023 4:01 AM

Dec 2022
I can't tell if this series wants to add a romance aspect to it or not.

Shaded Horizon

Nov 10, 2023 8:19 PM

Oct 2022
So Chitanda got to learn more about Oreki huh and it seems like he is not indifferent with his surroundings but rather he make sure to pay attention with it too. That's totally not your typical Oreki lol.

Feb 3, 6:32 PM
Nov 2020
EPISÓDIO PERFEITO
Mar 3, 5:19 PM

Dec 2022
S U B W A Y S - アイスクリーム
Pages (4) « First ... « 2 3 [4]

More topics from this board

» No romance here

KainiusTheGreat - Mar 10

26 by KitsuFrost »»
Apr 28, 4:21 AM

Poll: » Hyouka Episode 16 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Yumekichi11 - Aug 5, 2012

186 by Dasfonia »»
Apr 16, 9:53 PM

Poll: » Hyouka Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Yumekichi11 - May 6, 2012

268 by Cammell »»
Apr 8, 1:27 PM

Poll: » Hyouka Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Veronin - Apr 22, 2012

491 by Prosper20 »»
Apr 5, 7:19 PM

Poll: » Hyouka Episode 22 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Yumekichi11 - Sep 16, 2012

605 by sarahdqueener »»
Feb 29, 1:10 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.