Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Sword Art Online (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (16) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
Aug 18, 2012 1:27 PM

Jan 2011
Stark700 said:
Asuna, you got competition now.
rostern said:
I wonder why people even complain, because they are downloading this for free or watching it for free from TV!
What's your point?
Aug 18, 2012 1:29 PM

Nov 2011
Niyawa said:
Stark700 said:

Huh?

I'm just implying here although it looks like she's just going to let it go and cheer for Asuna based on the ending.

Aug 18, 2012 1:30 PM
Aug 2012
Damn, so beautiful T_T, loved this episode. Though it felt rushed the first time I watched, it was awesome the second time, loved it, gotta watch it twice to get the awesome feeling
Aug 18, 2012 1:32 PM

Jan 2008
Stark700 said:
Niyawa said:
Stark700 said:

Question mark.

If you watched the episode, it's obvious Liz knew the relationship between the two and you can see she gave up on trying to get Kirito. She even told him to forget everything she said.

It should be fine for me to mention this, in the light novel, she states that she would only be trouble for Kirito but if he were with Asuna, the two could fight along side each other while if it was her (Liz) and Kirito, he'd end up having to constantly protect her.
Aug 18, 2012 1:34 PM

Nov 2011
Paul said:
If you watched the episode, it's obvious Liz knew the relationship between the two and you can see she gave up on trying to get Kirito. She even told him to forget everything she said.

Yup, I noticed that now too and edited my post.

Well, my original post wasn't serious anyways :p
Aug 18, 2012 1:35 PM

Mar 2012
3 out of 5: It was OK
Aug 18, 2012 1:38 PM

Jan 2011
Paul said:

It should be fine for me to mention this, in the light novel, she states that she would only be trouble for Kirito but if he were with Asuna, the two could fight along side each other while if it was her (Liz) and Kirito, he'd end up having to constantly protect her.
I didn't watched it yet, still downloading, I've lurked so much though, I pretty much know what's going to happen.
Stark700 said:
I'm just implying here although it looks like she's just going to let it go and cheer for Asuna based on the ending.
I just replied for the sake of it, I kinda of know you wasn't being serious.
Aug 18, 2012 1:49 PM

Feb 2011
I was fine with the dragon, though it could have been better, okay a lot better but it conveyed the point and Kirito going all Black Swordsman on it was awesome,
Aug 18, 2012 1:53 PM

Oct 2011
I'm sad the action scene was parred down to only a few screenshots, would've liked to see the whole fight scene animated. Still an amazing episode nonetheless, that skydiving scene was pretty damn awesome.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 18, 2012 1:54 PM

Oct 2011
Well,this episode is the best so far.Mainly,because it introduce the most likable character of the series (so far) & she LIVES (looking at you,episode 3).
Other than that,it was a pretty good episode.
My Devianart

Oh & Space Brothers is still the best anime ever,in my opinion.Even when competing with Attack on Titan.
Oct 2008
Niyawa said:
Stark700 said:
rostern said:
I wonder why people even complain, because they are downloading this for free or watching it for free from TV!
What's your point?

My point was if you get something for free you should appreciate it more, honestly most of the people in here included me are not helping the anime industry.

Jul 2009
Where/when did asuna get the ear ring o.o?
Aug 18, 2012 2:01 PM

Feb 2012
Rearia said:
volume2 finally ends(except YUI)
next week will come the main story,I hope the quality can be higher,especially BGM。

Well they can't do the YUI episode till later on or it would really spoil a lot of the future episodes :P

-

Looks like things are finally getting intresting. It feels like in each of the past episodes ( excluding episode 1 ) they were trying out different things maybe they were just testing to see responses to really create how SAO should be for the main story. If that is the case then, I won't have any doubts regarding future episodes. If you go back and, watch episode 2-7 they all have almost different "styles"
Aug 18, 2012 2:04 PM
Oct 2010
I did a quick review and noticed something weird. Asuna had an "appointment" the 24, but the 25 Kirito said it had been two days since he last met Asuna... So...

Who was she meeting that had her so flustered? >_>
"Against stupidity the gods themselves contend in vain"
Friedrich Schiller
Aug 18, 2012 2:05 PM

Jul 2011
a character that doesn't die in 5 seconds.
Aug 18, 2012 2:06 PM
Apr 2009
Ajunky
She was meeting with Kirito. Probably fucked up line by studio or fansubbers
Aug 18, 2012 2:08 PM
Oct 2010
reve said:
Ajunky
She was meeting with Kirito. Probably fucked up line by studio or fansubbers
I'd figure. It's the only way the dialogue would make sense. Still, I find it weird... or rather funny?
"Against stupidity the gods themselves contend in vain"
Friedrich Schiller
Aug 18, 2012 2:08 PM

May 2011
This was a pretty nice episode, starting to like Kirito a little more after this.
Aug 18, 2012 2:09 PM

Dec 2011

And thus, Kirito's harem was completed.
This episode was cute. It was the only side story I enjoyed. 5/5
And next ep will be normal story. Can't wait.
OG-3Aug 18, 2012 2:27 PM
Aug 18, 2012 2:10 PM

Jul 2012
belatkuro said:
>increases episode count after preview title is given
>thread created
>7 minutes ago.
Ah fuck it, this is never gonna end.
Yep, this is never going to end. :)

I'm shipping Liz x Kirito now. Damn it, they're so cute together (sorry Asuna) ... I know it's impossible, but man I wish there'll be more Liz x Kirito (or Rika, depends on how you'd call her)

5/5.

Toshino Kyoko!!!
Aug 18, 2012 2:10 PM
Feb 2012
Good episode, though Kirito seems to be less of a badass than before, but still a great character nonetheless.
Aug 18, 2012 2:12 PM
Nov 2011
Liz was great. Love her. She's the only character with any personality so far.
Aug 18, 2012 2:16 PM

Jan 2011
rostern said:
My point was if you get something for free you should appreciate it more, honestly most of the people in here included me are not helping the anime industry.
So, I'm going to ask again, what's your point?
I completely understand that I'm downloading it for free, but what that has to do with the show itself? If it's good- it's good, if it's bad- it's bad, either way you get for free or not that won't change. I simply stated something that bothered me, I quite enjoy this show as well... it's thanks for the novel though.

Jan 2008
Lurkerkiller said:
Good episode, though Kirito seems to be less of a badass than before, but still a great character nonetheless.

Cause hes less emo this episode.

Jul 2012
Stark700 said:
TT_TT damn it.

Oh wait, her 'tsun' was so awesome, by the way >_>

Toshino Kyoko!!!
Aug 18, 2012 2:18 PM

Mar 2011
That was decent ep and new character is tsun-tsun but i liked it.
Aug 18, 2012 2:18 PM

Jan 2011
Paul said:
Cause hes less emo this episode.
It's unrelated, but I'm relieved he was all black today, the blue from the last episodes was killing me.
Aug 18, 2012 2:19 PM

Jun 2010
Just finish watching the episode. I feel like doing a 1000000000000000000000 words of rant right now. Wait wait, I'll edit this post in a bit. Let me sob, get angry, and throw tables first.

---------------

Fuck it. I sounded like a bullshit.

Edit: Forgot spoiler tag
-MgZ_Aug 18, 2012 2:33 PM
Aug 18, 2012 2:22 PM
Jan 2011
I guess officially speaking Kirito now has a harem.
Aug 18, 2012 2:27 PM

Dec 2011
Liz fell in love with just one episode? Sweet.
Her character made me love Sword Art Online even more.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 18, 2012 2:31 PM

Aug 2011
Poor Lizbeth... ┐( ̄ー ̄)┌
Aug 18, 2012 2:33 PM

Jul 2012
Niyawa said:
rostern said:
So, I'm going to ask again, what's your point?
I completely understand that I'm downloading it for free, but what that has to do with the show itself? If it's good- it's good, if it's bad- it's bad, either way you get for free or not that won't change. I simply stated something that bothered me, I quite enjoy this show as well... it's thanks for the novel though.

...Well, technically, you're both thieves. There are places to stream this show legally. But I digress...

I agree with Niyawa. Just because you pay no money for it gives the show a free pass? Just because a show on tv is free to watch, it doesn't make it ok to call it a bad tv show? That's a silly thought.

And oh yeah, great episode btw. I might not like the complainers, but I actually hate the complainers that complain about the complainers. I want this board to be an open discussion, not a "don't like it, then don't watch it" idiotfest
Aug 18, 2012 2:38 PM

Jan 2011
plushkin said:
...Well, technically, you're both thieves. There are places to stream this show legally. But I digress...

I agree with Niyawa. Just because you pay no money for it gives the show a free pass? Just because a show on tv is free to watch, it doesn't make it ok to call it a bad tv show? That's a silly thought.
Thanks for the +1, still... I'm poor, It can't be helped. But I swear one day I'll do things the right way, need to get some income first though.
Aug 18, 2012 2:39 PM

Jan 2009
Dropped.
english isn't my native language... ;)
Aug 18, 2012 2:43 PM

Mar 2012
By far the best episode since ep. 1. I've always liked this side story better than the rest (by contrast, I personally don't think Sirica deserved any screen time) and I'm glad they stretched an entire episode instead of rushing it. Finally the main story will start next episode.

plushkin said:

And oh yeah, great episode btw. I might not like the complainers, but I actually hate the complainers that complain about the complainers. I want this board to be an open discussion, not a "don't like it, then don't watch it" idiotfest

Fair enough, but by your logic if you advocate open discussion, then those who complain about the complainers also have to be included in the forum of opinion.

Imo, it's stupid for people to come on MAL and throw down some post where they declare they'll drop a series. Some of them then come back the next episode discussion and complain about the exact same things. I guess kids always desire public approval for their rebuke of something.
Aug 18, 2012 2:48 PM

Jul 2009
Nasty001 said:
I guess officially speaking Kirito now has a harem.

No there be no harems!
mixordia said:
Dropped.

cannot handle an awesome series
Aug 18, 2012 2:49 PM

Jan 2011
sbg711 said:
It might me better if you put this way.
Aug 18, 2012 2:50 PM
Jun 2010
I gave this a 4 out of 5.
It was a good episode.
I am a bit disappointed with the progress though. We are at the 7th episode already and half of the episodes from a certain point of view could be seen as fillers. We haven't seen any of the SAO world or the fights on the frontlines or the guilds or even Asuna.
Aug 18, 2012 2:53 PM

Jul 2009
Niyawa said:
sbg711 said:
It might me better if you put this way.

well now you ruined it
Aug 18, 2012 2:57 PM

Jul 2011
FINALLY an episode that doesn't make me wanna gouge out my eyes :D

1. they didn't cut out the good parts from the LN
2. it didn't feel rushed
3. They never downgraded liz's character with shitty ecchi fanservice like silica
4. They got in all the main points and all the important parts from the LN
5. THAT CUTE ENDART DOES ANYONE HAVE A COPY?

seriously, they adapted this well, they even included all the funny parts from the LN, lolz kirito wall running and breaking liz's sword,

literally he walked right in there broke her prized sword, insulted her, teased her and then ended up going dragon hunting XD

im soo glad they adapted this well, i was seriously worried after seeing what they did to silica

this marks the end of the sidestories (well except YUI) and the start of the mainstory, all the pieces are finally in place , the timeskips are over, time to finally see this anime's true worth and whether its a godly like the LN or just another failure

Mod Edit: Removed reaction images.
LunaAug 22, 2012 1:05 AM
Aug 18, 2012 3:02 PM

Jan 2011
kamikaze_1996 said:
this marks the end of the sidestories (well except YUI) and the start of the mainstory, all the pieces are finally in place , the timeskips are over, time to finally see this anime's true worth and whether its a godly like the LN or just another failure
Is it truly godly like everyone and the sales say it is? I'm still on-hold at vol.1 for now, I admit it's quite intriguing.
sbg711 said:
well now you ruined it
Please enlighten me.
Aug 18, 2012 3:06 PM

Jul 2011
Fiji said:
Liz fell in love with just one episode? Sweet.

Well, I didn't find it sweet. It was a lot rushed IMO.

To be honest, I think SAO is a waste of potential. Most of the episodes were good isolately, but in a sequence they're making a terrible progression. Character development feels wrecked.

Hoping it get better when the real plot begins, but I'm not with high hopes for that.

"Like this too we met in a dirty and ugly world; Thank you for this miracle."
Aug 18, 2012 3:08 PM

Jul 2009
Niyawa said:
Please enlighten me.

I never implied that I've read the LN nor that whatever I'm saying is my wishful thinking or fact. So the blame's on you for spoiling it.
Aug 18, 2012 3:11 PM
Apr 2012
Liz and Kirito were adorable that episode, until the ending. I'm hoping we'll get to see her more in future episodes, might be my favorite character 8).

Overall this was one of the better episodes out there and I loved the idea of the sword being made from dragon poop, lol.
Aug 18, 2012 3:11 PM

Jul 2011
-MgZ_ said:
Just finish watching the episode. I feel like doing a 1000000000000000000000 words of rant right now. Wait wait, I'll edit this post in a bit. Let me sob, get angry, and throw tables first.

---------------

Fuck it. I sounded like a bullshit.

Edit: Forgot spoiler tag

I thought that it was already established that if he had showed 'that' this episode, then it would ruin the 'surprise' later on.

Aug 18, 2012 3:13 PM
Feb 2012
Who would ever cry over this show...
It's nearly as bad """""""""""love""""""" story as Twilight.
Aug 18, 2012 3:13 PM

Mar 2011
At last a good episode
Love Lizbeth
Idk why people complain about the dragon CG, it doesn't look bad imo
Aug 18, 2012 3:14 PM

Mar 2012
kamikaze_1996 said:

Agreed. I guess the only complaint I would have is that Kirito suffers from a conventional ACG main character issue: he shifts noticeably being with one person to another. Sure, he's supposed to be calm and reliable in all instances, but there's a definitive change between him saying boneheaded things to Asuna and him deliberately making fun of Lizbeth.

Sure, Lizbeth could've fallen too quickly for Kirito (a flaw that the LN has as well), but this wasn't meant to be a totally natural romance. SAO is not a harem work after all.
Aug 18, 2012 3:17 PM

Mar 2011
NNick said:
Who would ever cry over this show...
It's nearly as bad """""""""""love""""""" story as Twilight.

Why you still watch it and post here? hahaha
I hope you'll stick with us at least until the main story begin to take form, ok?
Aug 18, 2012 3:17 PM
Mar 2009
Ajunky said:
I did a quick review and noticed something weird. Asuna had an "appointment" the 24, but the 25 Kirito said it had been two days since he last met Asuna... So...

Who was she meeting that had her so flustered? >_>

In the light novel, it was noon of the next day when Kirito visited Liz's shop.
Pages (16) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» Overall do you enjoy watching SAO? What do you like about it? :) ( 1 2 )

Rinrinka - Apr 15

72 by katnissmaezie »»
Yesterday, 1:05 AM

» What even is SAO anymore? ( 1 2 )

Jason-Skyrunner - Apr 27

53 by soli1239 »»
May 6, 8:27 PM

» We need a reboot

Superninjaboy2 - Mar 15

32 by Jason-Skyrunner »»
May 1, 5:20 PM

Poll: » Sword Art Online Episode 23 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

bippo - Dec 8, 2012

480 by amf85 »»
Apr 27, 5:20 PM

Poll: » Sword Art Online Episode 19 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Nov 10, 2012

680 by amf85 »»
Apr 27, 2:32 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.