Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Sword Art Online (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (16) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »
Aug 18, 2012 3:17 PM
Feb 2012
Vizi_Reality said:
NNick said:
Who would ever cry over this show...
It's nearly as bad """""""""""love""""""" story as Twilight.

Why you still watch it and post here? hahaha
I hope you'll stick with us at least until the main story begin to take form, ok?

It also boggles my mind, i do not know.
Aug 18, 2012 3:18 PM

Jul 2011
Niyawa said:
kamikaze_1996 said:
this marks the end of the sidestories (well except YUI) and the start of the mainstory, all the pieces are finally in place , the timeskips are over, time to finally see this anime's true worth and whether its a godly like the LN or just another failure
Is it truly godly like everyone and the sales say it is? I'm still on-hold at vol.1 for now, I admit it's quite intriguing.

no point hearing my biased opinion, ofcourse ill say yes and almost everyother LN reader would say yes aswell

so think of it this way, it was ranked 10/11 before and now that the anime has been released the ranking increased to 4/5 and is now rated the best Light Novel in MAL, if it wasn't good why would the ratings increase
Aug 18, 2012 3:18 PM

Jul 2012
tezann_t said:
By far the best episode since ep. 1. I've always liked this side story better than the rest (by contrast, I personally don't think Sirica deserved any screen time) and I'm glad they stretched an entire episode instead of rushing it. Finally the main story will start next episode.

plushkin said:

And oh yeah, great episode btw. I might not like the complainers, but I actually hate the complainers that complain about the complainers. I want this board to be an open discussion, not a "don't like it, then don't watch it" idiotfest

Fair enough, but by your logic if you advocate open discussion, then those who complain about the complainers also have to be included in the forum of opinion.

Imo, it's stupid for people to come on MAL and throw down some post where they declare they'll drop a series. Some of them then come back the next episode discussion and complain about the exact same things. I guess kids always desire public approval for their rebuke of something.

Oh, yea, totally. Whether you agree or disagree, you have to back up your statements. You have to be willing to listen to counterarguments. Going "LOL it sucks" is just trolling, you should know that. Going "you should just drop this show and gtfo" is also just as stupid. It's sad that we see better discussions on smaller, lesser known blog sites than on here. Opinions here are too homogenized to offer anything more to talk about.
Aug 18, 2012 3:19 PM
Feb 2012
MAL reviews/ratings are bad. Just sayin.
Aug 18, 2012 3:21 PM
May 2012
people are just really ridiculous who just watch a "hyped" series because they feel forced to and tend to dislike it and need to compensate their frustration by bashing on the irrelevant facts...
i overall enjoyed this week's episode like any other so far and it's obviously one of the best shows to come out recently, 4/5 from me thus far.
( regarding the complaints of the CG dragon, is such a phenomenon in a GAME like SAO that rare? )
Aug 18, 2012 3:22 PM

Jul 2009
NNick said:

You sound butthurt.
Aug 18, 2012 3:24 PM

Jul 2011
NNick said:

how the heck are they bad? -__-
Aug 18, 2012 3:24 PM

Jan 2012
-MgZ_ said:
Just finish watching the episode. I feel like doing a 1000000000000000000000 words of rant right now. Wait wait, I'll edit this post in a bit. Let me sob, get angry, and throw tables first.

---------------

Fuck it. I sounded like a bullshit.

Edit: Forgot spoiler tag

you have to think of how awesome the
is. For me, when i read the LN i already knew why he wanted a sword from Liz so i wasnt really excited when he showed Liz, but in the show if he showed it right now in episode 7, it wouldnt be so cool in a couple of episodes would it?
jBuiAug 18, 2012 3:28 PM
Aug 18, 2012 3:25 PM

Jan 2011
sbg711 said:
I never implied that I've read the LN nor that whatever I'm saying is my wishful thinking or fact. So the blame's on you for spoiling it.
Oh, I'm really sorry then, I misunderstood your post. My apologies for spoiling it.
tezann_t said:
Agreed. I guess the only complaint I would have is that Kirito suffers from a conventional ACG main character issue: he shifts noticeably being with one person to another. Sure, he's supposed to be calm and reliable in all instances, but there's a definitive change between him saying boneheaded things to Asuna and him deliberately making fun of Lizbeth.

Sure, Lizbeth could've fallen too quickly for Kirito (a flaw that the LN has as well), but this wasn't meant to be a totally natural romance. SAO is not a harem work after all.
Well, that was the situation to blame, I mean, the way they put those 7 episodes were more of filler than actual necessary story, so while Kirito was acting in a way in some episodes, he was going to be different in others since the time gap between those situations were quite large I believe.
From what I've read Lizbeth seems more like in a "generic girl crush" than actual love.
Aug 18, 2012 3:26 PM
Feb 2012
sbg711 said:
NNick said:

You sound butthurt.

For what?
Aug 18, 2012 3:26 PM

Jul 2011
sbg711 said:
NNick said:

You sound butthurt.

he is, try not to mind it, he's just a troll passing by who dislikes romance to the point of hating it
Aug 18, 2012 3:27 PM

Jul 2009
NNick said:
sbg711 said:
NNick said:

You sound butthurt.

For what?

For $5.... how should I know?! You tell us!
Aug 18, 2012 3:30 PM
Feb 2012
kamikaze_1996 said:

he is, try not to mind it, he's just a troll passing by who dislikes romance to the point of hating it

*Looks at signature*
You're definitely into it though.
Aug 18, 2012 3:31 PM

Jan 2011
NNick said:
You seem like these type of guys.
kamikaze_1996 said:
no point hearing my biased opinion, ofcourse ill say yes and almost everyother LN reader would say yes aswell

so think of it this way, it was ranked 10/11 before and now that the anime has been released the ranking increased to 4/5 and is now rated the best Light Novel in MAL, if it wasn't good why would the ratings increase
I see, well it's like I said before, it's quite intriguing, but the MAL Rating thing wasn't necessary. Thanks anyway.
Aug 18, 2012 3:37 PM

Dec 2010
Enjoyed this episode even more, because it wasn't that different from the LN! Good job!
The romance part kind of felt rushed though. She suddenly declares her love after holding hands. Would've wanted some more depth in that holding hand scene.
Aug 18, 2012 3:43 PM

Jun 2010
kamikaze_1996 said:

1. they didn't cut out the good parts from the LN
2. it didn't feel rushed

I disagree with you for the first time =(

Obstinate said:

I thought that it was already established that if he had showed 'that' this episode, then it would ruin the 'surprise' later on.

jbui93 said:

you have to think of how awesome the
is. For me, when i read the LN i already knew why he wanted a sword from Liz so i wasnt really excited when he showed Liz, but in the show if he showed it right now in episode 7, it wouldnt be so cool in a couple of episodes would it?

I think of it as like this:

On the other hand, they still skipped a good chunk of comedy and romance in this chapter. Which is actually what I wanted to see. And also the part when Liz and Kirito were falling, Kirito was supposed to do a badass move to slow down their fall but they just skipped it.... .. .. ..

Niyawa said:
NNick said:

^LOL HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!
Aug 18, 2012 3:45 PM

Jan 2008
In come the spoilers.
Aug 18, 2012 3:49 PM
May 2012
there is 1 thing I dislike when watching SAO...
knowing that i have to wait another week for another episode <.<
Aug 18, 2012 3:53 PM

Jun 2012
This was actually a pretty good episode. Didn't feel rushed at all.
Aug 18, 2012 3:56 PM
May 2012
Woman's intuition is SCAAAAAARY!!!!
i think i should give up! compared to other animes this anime is almost a let down.it is good but not living up to its reputation.I mean if the first 1/3 of the series is nothing but a plot less introduction then i can't help but reduce 3 points out of 10.bear with me.

Feb 2009
Well at least the side stores are finished.... I'm just hoping that they won't do the same with the main story T.T

Aug 2009
Niyawa said:
NNick said:

You made my day. :')
Haters gonna hate. But next week, we're going into volume 1, great !
Aug 18, 2012 3:57 PM

Apr 2012
So we have Inori Yuzuriha make an appearance today. As soon as she spoke I realized it's Ferris Eris voice.

Anyways I just have a question...Liz was looking at a picture of her as a child in the beginning...does that mean they were in the game for like 6 or 7 years and that they can age in the game?
As a child, I was told that society is a melting pot of talents; knowledge and experience combined to form important alloys that will contribute to mankind. When I got to highschool, however, I thought that it's more like a river in which the water represents our peers while we ourselves are the stones in the river. Constant erosion by mindless majority sheeping has made us lose our unique edge. After I hit the age of 18, I realized that I've been wrong all along. Society is no melting pot. Society is no river. Society is a person, a very skilled rapist, and he has fucked us all.
Aug 18, 2012 4:03 PM

Jun 2011
Totally Shipping Kirito X Rika

Even it's Impossible.
Aug 18, 2012 4:04 PM

Jan 2010
Wow, the CG dragon was bad. Also, am I the only one who felt a little bad for Rika when she figured out Asuna likes Kirto?
Aug 18, 2012 4:05 PM

May 2012
Great episode!

Question:

Aug 18, 2012 4:05 PM

Jul 2009
Aug 18, 2012 4:07 PM
Apr 2012
it was a good episode just tat it felt asuna didnt have any time in the episode she is the main character but so far she seems like a side character
Aug 18, 2012 4:08 PM

Mar 2012
Niyawa said:
Well, that was the situation to blame, I mean, the way they put those 7 episodes were more of filler than actual necessary story, so while Kirito was acting in a way in some episodes, he was going to be different in others since the time gap between those situations were quite large I believe.

I'm not sure if you've read the LN, but I think this is how they have to direct the series. They have three choices: 1) don't include the side stories, 2) put the side episodes later on just as the LN had, or 3) come up with some chronology with the author's blessing. The first route would've had the fans raging all over. The second route would've created a huge gap between the first and second arc and confused everyone. I know it makes no sense now, but I still believe people will see more sense of it once the series finished.

Zombiekop said:
Enjoyed this episode even more, because it wasn't that different from the LN! Good job!
The romance part kind of felt rushed though. She suddenly declares her love after holding hands. Would've wanted some more depth in that holding hand scene.

I think the author in the LN tried to make an implicit play at the suspension bridge effect. Basically, when you're emotionally aroused you may falsely attribute that arousal to feelings of affection toward someone in your proximity. The anime didn't do a great job at this (when they fell, I'm sure they could've spent 30 more seconds creating that scene where Kirito used sword skills to break the fall), but I think it makes sense. You have this guy who absolutely pisses you off, you go on a singular quest with him to find a mystery ingredient, he's a total badass in battle, and he just saved your life risking his own. He's kind of weird, but you've never met someone like this. These are all things we don't necessarily think about when the episode went through, but in real life, crushes have happened for less.
Aug 18, 2012 4:08 PM

Jul 2011
NNick said:
kamikaze_1996 said:

*Looks at signature*
You're definitely into it though.

yea and what? im not alone, i see Mgz has something similar

-MgZ_ said:
kamikaze_1996 said:

1. they didn't cut out the good parts from the LN
2. it didn't feel rushed

I disagree with you for the first time =(

really? dam, i thought in this forum everyone practically disagreed with what i said, i never knew people actually read my comments XD

your right, let me rephrase that
1.it didn't cut out most of the good parts
2.it didn't feel too rushed

i agree that they missed some epic moments like when kirito used his sword to slow down their momentum when they fell, but they still got the main point of him using his own body to take the brunt of the fall

also they changed his line when he smashed her prized sword, he was supposed to say
"If it's a sword that would break so easily then it's useless, if that happens I'll deal with it", but those are all minor things, it still worked well in the end

as for the romance part, it was fairly balanced with the plot and story, its reasonable why they couldn't include all the comedic/romance moments when they are doing it in one episode also they did a good job at presenting it, there would be no point going ott say for instance like with silica in ep.4 <_<
Aug 18, 2012 4:09 PM

Nov 2011
Oh, I just noticed but both Accel World and SAO presented dragons or creatures of similar theme this week in their respective episodes:

Aug 18, 2012 4:09 PM

Jan 2011
-MgZ_ said:
^LOL HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

Emelikku-san said:
You made my day. :')
Haters gonna hate. But next week, we're going into volume 1, great !

Thanks? Finally going to watch, took a long time to download.
Onlin3Mast3r said:
Great episode!

Question:

I don't think so.

tezann_t said:
I'm not sure if you've read the LN, but I think this is how they have to direct the series. They have three choices: 1) don't include the side stories, 2) put the side episodes later on just as the LN had, or 3) come up with some chronology with the author's blessing. The first route would've had the fans raging all over. The second route would've created a huge gap between the first and second arc and confused everyone. I know it makes no sense now, but I still believe people will see more sense of it once the series finished.

Well, yeah, I'm still on-hold on vol.1 so it was a just a guess, but your explanation makes more sense, thanks anyway.
NiyawaAug 18, 2012 4:13 PM
Aug 18, 2012 4:10 PM

Jan 2008
BloodRequiem said:
Anyways I just have a question...Liz was looking at a picture of her as a child in the beginning...does that mean they were in the game for like 6 or 7 years and that they can age in the game?

I'm pretty sure she just looked like younger in the picture but shes the same age as that picture. Only her hair is dyed pink. I'm assuming the guys in the background are NPCs but I can't recall.
Aug 18, 2012 4:13 PM

Jul 2011
BloodRequiem said:
So we have Inori Yuzuriha make an appearance today. As soon as she spoke I realized it's Ferris Eris voice.

please don't compare inori with liz just because they have pink hair

and no, only for around 1.5 years now, but she met with asuna and other blacksmiths in around the beginning, asuna convinced her to change her appearance to look "cute", although she was reluctant at first because it didn't suit her image as a blacksmith but she did it anyway because it attracted customers and helped her business

does she really look that young in the photo? she looks different but i never thought it was childish
Aug 18, 2012 4:14 PM

Mar 2012
Onlin3Mast3r said:
Great episode!

Question:

sbg711 said:

Not a spoiler-ish question at all. The earring just means Asuna wants to impress Kirito. Guys would dress up for the girl they like, right? Same here. So far not much is made out of it other than the fact that Asuna is wearing it to impress someone, and that someone is Kirito.
Aug 18, 2012 4:17 PM

Jul 2009
tezann_t said:

Not a spoiler-ish question at all. The earring just means Asuna wants to impress Kirito. Guys would dress up for the girl they like, right? Same here. So far not much is made out of it other than the fact that Asuna is wearing it to impress someone, and that someone is Kirito.

Well it's just that the earring didn't appear like something Asuna herself would choose.
Aug 18, 2012 4:22 PM

Jul 2011
I thought he doesn't get that jacket til he asks liz to upgrade his sword to +8 in the the other side stories...
Aug 18, 2012 4:26 PM

May 2011
Aww, the dreaded love triangle. I felt bad for Liz but I thought their time together was pretty cute. I'd love to try that freefalling together thing sometime.

Ah well. I'm glad these episodes act like single arcs. Having arcs last 2-3 or more episodes sometimes gets annoying when it can just be a 1 episode arc and move on.
Aug 18, 2012 4:34 PM

Jan 2012
A good episode finally
Aug 18, 2012 4:52 PM

Dec 2010
anyone noticed that kirito's mantle looks different from the one in the opening in some episodes?
Aug 18, 2012 5:01 PM

Oct 2010
sbg711 said:
I can tell you in general that they are accessories that boost stats or offer protection.

For example against the Paralysis shit Laughing Coffin uses. It can also be a thing of fashion but then they have no value for protection so they are useless.

That being said I would not be surprised the earrings gives + stats as you saw with the sword and what is marked on the appraisal sheets.
sbg711 said:
tezann_t said:

Well it's just that the earring didn't appear like something Asuna herself would choose.
AH SHIT! They are only for fashion and not magical?
Spitfirefly said:
anyone noticed that kirito's mantle looks different from the one in the opening in some episodes?
Might be cause he is changing equips often and your remark shows that he actually does.

- BLOG - My Club- Easiest way to reach the rest of my thoughts!
Aug 18, 2012 5:03 PM

Feb 2012
Spitfirefly said:

Because he changes armors so it keeps up with his level. The one in the opening will be his final mantle.

I felt a bit unsatisfied with this episode... they removed some of the reasons why Lizbeth liked Kirito...
HauntingShockAug 18, 2012 5:14 PM
Aug 18, 2012 5:05 PM

Dec 2009
I really liked this adaptation. Really well done, the way they ended it was pretty intuitive.

They really did good at skirting the question as to why Kirito wanted 2 swords in the first place, by ending in such an emotionally captivating way.
NettoAzureAug 18, 2012 5:13 PM
Aug 18, 2012 5:10 PM

Aug 2012
i thought the whole earing was just asuna dressing herself up for her "date" with kirito, it might offer stat bonuses like a ring though

well, this episode was good, compared to the last ones this one was animated so much better

finally the sidestories are finished, kirito has his pure black overcoat and has obtained elucidator and built dark repulsor, everythings set

we can fianlly get back to the main plot of SAO-clearng the game

its laughable in a way that kirio's sword is made of shit, he is gonna battle the monsters of SAO with a sword made of shit lolz xD
Aug 18, 2012 5:13 PM

Sep 2011
Definitely not one of the better episodes so far.
Did it bother anyone else that he didn't try out the second sword he got like with the first one?
If he's planning on dual-wielding that'd be pretty cool, though it wouldn't look very hero-like
Come visit my town // I apologize in advance for my second-rate English

Join my fan club // Improve the transport network
Aug 18, 2012 5:15 PM

Feb 2012
Netto_Azure said:

They really did good at skirting the question as to why Kirito wanted 2 swords in the first place, by ending in such an emotionally captivating way.

Oh yeah... I forgot about that...

now that you mention it, yeah, it was pretty good :D
Aug 18, 2012 5:20 PM

Jan 2011
AsadaShino said:
its laughable in a way that kirio's sword is made of shit, he is gonna battle the monsters of SAO with a sword made of shit lolz xD

Thanks for the laugh.
Just watched it, the pace seems fine in the episode, not rushed like the previous one, I still didn't like the way they made her like him in such a short time, I simply couldn't believe. But since she wanted to believe his "warmth" was real, I guess it was a way to say "It couldn't be helped."
Aug 18, 2012 5:21 PM

Jul 2012
Poor Liz... Though I do support Kirito x Asuna, I would have also liked Kirito x Silica or Liz. Liz is just one of those interesting and captivating characters. I'll support Silica and Liz from now on! Even though I like Asuna, I like them both too! Especially Silica! Overall, great episode, great action and romantic scenes. Loved the episode.
Aug 18, 2012 5:29 PM

Jun 2009
I've got a question about SAO itemizing. (addressed to LN readers)

DR +0 is inferior to El. Assuming front line is level 60 (or even 70, everyone thinks that level 100 is the last anyway),
what is the purpose of making it?

Either drops from higher levels != better equipment
or
+1 ... n applied to a sword is really powerful? If so why not to ++ El?

Requesting clarification.
Aug 18, 2012 5:32 PM
May 2009
carrying capacity? dragons? snowy mountains? tailored crafting?

it's like i'm really playing skyrim

where's my elder scroll mmo
Pages (16) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» Overall do you enjoy watching SAO? What do you like about it? :) ( 1 2 )

Rinrinka - Apr 15

72 by katnissmaezie »»
Yesterday, 1:05 AM

» What even is SAO anymore? ( 1 2 )

Jason-Skyrunner - Apr 27

53 by soli1239 »»
May 6, 8:27 PM

» We need a reboot

Superninjaboy2 - Mar 15

32 by Jason-Skyrunner »»
May 1, 5:20 PM

Poll: » Sword Art Online Episode 23 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

bippo - Dec 8, 2012

480 by amf85 »»
Apr 27, 5:20 PM

Poll: » Sword Art Online Episode 19 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Nov 10, 2012

680 by amf85 »»
Apr 27, 2:32 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.