Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Aug 17, 2012 9:36 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------

Lol'd @ Liliana's "secret" being unraveled a bit involving her "novels". Priceless~

Mariya also being a hero this episode as lightning styles also clash. Also, lol'd @ ending.
KinetaSep 11, 2012 10:59 AM
Aug 17, 2012 10:15 AM

Feb 2008
Oh yeah lol

It's turn all good in the end thought.

Next episode is beach I guess

Nothing ventured, nothing gained (Girls und Panzer der Film ) / from Nishizumi Miho

Aug 17, 2012 10:55 AM

Feb 2009
Mariya's sixth sense is pretty convenient in finding out the identity and history of the enemy gods. The high magic resistance of Campiones is also pretty convenient too. The latter is a pretty good excuse for the kissing action. Though I'm not complaining.
I like the change in the design of the swords as the Sword changed its target god.
Though I hate how only the Raptor and the Goat have side effects after using it. The Raptor has Godou's heart hurting after use, and the Goat drains the life force of the people around him. Oh well.
It's a draw but technically Godou is the winner since he survived until dawn.
So ends volume 2. Seems we're gonna head to volume 4 with next episode. Forgot that it was a beach episode. Hmm.
Aug 17, 2012 11:06 AM
May 2012
while having a quite decent plot the anime also relies on the typical harem clichés,...
but it manages to maintain the balance between action and fanservice
( in regard of the upcoming episode)
Aug 17, 2012 11:14 AM

Mar 2011
I am the bone of my sword.

Steel is my body, and fire is my blood.

I have created over a thousand blades.

Unknown to death, nor known to life.

Have withstood pain to create many weapons.

Yet those hands will never hold anything.

So, as I pray - Unlimited Blade Works

-Kusanagi Godou :)

That was nice ep and 1 more girl to Godou harem :D
Aug 17, 2012 11:16 AM

Mar 2012
Lili's secret was hilarious, and her reaction to Erica's finding it out was also great.

The fight was pretty good (so I guess Godou's battle record is 2 draws with 2 different Campione?)

lol at the ending: don't worry Mariya, you'll get your turn again haha
Next ep, beach episode. Can't wait for it.
Aug 17, 2012 11:20 AM

Jul 2011
osh, awesome fight scenes there. the lili part was lulz.

oh, beach episode next huh, looking forward to that!
Aug 17, 2012 11:34 AM

Apr 2012
Man, there is almost as much saliva sharing here as in Mysterious Girlfriend X.

Anyway, that was a good, action packed episode. I like that whenever the Unlimited Blade Works ability pops up that it has some variation because it would be much less interesting if it didn't, especially since he uses it in every fight.

Looks like next time is the obligatory beach episode.
Aug 17, 2012 11:38 AM

Jul 2009
Yes, the obligatory beach/hot spring episode. And that harem is expanding once again. What a fine selection he has -- fitting for a king.
Aug 17, 2012 11:45 AM

Nov 2008
Will that man stay down for once in his undead life, Yuri unleashing the lightning was awesome.

Godou is gullible when it comes to girls, anyone would know Erica was feinting exhaustion and illness to get some kiss action.

Yuri's kiss was beautiful.

Kurogashi said:
Yes, the obligatory beach/hot spring episode. And that harem is expanding once again. What a fine selection he has -- fitting for a king.

Always want.

Aug 17, 2012 11:57 AM

Jan 2011
Dude and these kisses man....lucky son of a bitch. Now we need to get Lili's lips in on this.
Aug 17, 2012 12:06 PM

Nov 2008
well.. thats a lot of novel deviation - might as well look at them as two mostly separate things .. still enjoyable though . The romance novel bit was enjoyable
sirwenceAug 17, 2012 12:28 PM
Aug 17, 2012 12:39 PM

Aug 2012
Liliana looked so cute and embarrassed when her secret came out can't wait for her to kiss Gouda.
Aug 17, 2012 12:49 PM

Jan 2008
Yay for Mariya! You go girl!
Aug 17, 2012 12:55 PM

Dec 2011
lol what an ending -_-, guess you can't go an episode without Godou receiving a kiss from someone~ people are gonna wake up the next day and say "WTF? happened to the Tokyo tower?"xD

And why exactly did Liliana suddenly join Godou? I didn't really get the whole romance novel thing Dx does she like him or something?
Aug 17, 2012 12:59 PM

Feb 2011
BEACH EPISODE NEXT EPISODE!

I wonder how the new girl will fit into his harem.

Asakurabaka said:

And why exactly did Liliana suddenly join Godou? I didn't really get the whole romance novel thing Dx does she like him or something?

I thought it was because of her relation to Yuri. Erica's blackmail was most likely giving her an excuse to join up instead of caring for Yuri and hating the Duke. I could be wrong as I haven't read the manga or novel.
Aug 17, 2012 12:59 PM

Jan 2012
A pretty good episode. Loved the fight. Looking forward to next episode.

Aug 17, 2012 1:33 PM

Jul 2012
The narrator in the preview made me lol.
Aug 17, 2012 1:53 PM

Aug 2008
We have Lili turned all moe by the fact that Erica knows all about her girly novel.
Then she suddenly defected. Why didn't Erica just play it this way from the start?
We have dem kissed in front of the battles where the villain didn't seem to care.
The MC unleashed his hidden PAWAA by another kiss!! No, I mean kisses!!
But when he managed to break through the villain's final authority, it appeared that was just something like an outer shell.
We need everyone united. MC powered-up. Here goes friendship PAWAA!!!
And dem kissed.

This show is so full of enjoyable shits. LOL

There is even beach episode up next.

I love this stuff.

P.S. It seems that Japan has lost its #1 landmark. Fortunately, they have Skytree now.
Aug 17, 2012 2:01 PM

Jun 2009
Erica at the end made my day, she'll always be #1.
レッツゴー ED イケイケゴーゴー
Aug 17, 2012 2:04 PM

Aug 2011
Another freaking great episode!!!!!!! woot woot
5547r8.jpgNaxrrhid.png
Aug 17, 2012 2:19 PM

Jul 2012
Oh well, it was bad for me.

I liked the mythos and animation but that was until this where the 3 girls suddenly becoming Godou's "goddesses".. It was so rushed, pointless, very bad.

And how the hero is super good god of justice, while his enemies are always very evil. I don't question if they were, but it's so bloody obvious that it hurts. And the hero can't be near-flawless, with everything he does ending good. I wanna swear to the skies when I see that -__- I'm fed up with that, so now I only hope there is something sensible in this show's future out there.
BiartzAug 17, 2012 2:23 PM
Aug 17, 2012 2:32 PM

Nov 2008
Biartz said:

I liked the mythos and animation but that was until this where the 3 girls suddenly becoming Godou's "goddesses".. It was so rushed, pointless, very bad.

And how the hero is super good god of justice, while his enemies are always very evil. I don't question if they were, but it's so bloody obvious that it hurts. And the hero can't be near-flawless, with everything he does ending good. I wanna swear to the skies when I see that -__- I'm fed up with that, so now I only hope there is something sensible in this show's future out there.

What do you expect when you deviate from a parent series because you only have 12 episodes and need to cut change rush and try to make it entertaining. I mean they changed His time before returning from 2months ish to what less then 2 weeks?
Aug 17, 2012 3:15 PM

Jan 2008
I like how the narrator said "..onsen da. ONSEN DA!"

/beach episode next.... or hotspring... or hotspring beach episode.
Aug 17, 2012 3:27 PM

Jul 2010
I'd be wanting a beach/onsen episode after going through all that and still couldn't completely defeat that old guy.

LMAO at the Tokyo Tower crashing in the background as the narrator ends the episode.
Aug 17, 2012 3:44 PM

May 2012
That Gilgamesh attack Godou uses is pretty sweet. So is Liliana part of the harem now, or do we have to wait a few more episodes for that? Anyway, YAY FOR BEACH EPISODE NEXT WEEK! :D
"No matter how much of a genius one is, in front of the Uchiha name, they're just ordinary people." - Sasuke Uchiha

Aug 17, 2012 4:00 PM

Feb 2012
Fuck yea! The harem grows! :)

Also looks like next ep is a beach/hotspring ep with swimsuits? Oh hell yea.
Aug 17, 2012 5:04 PM
めんどくさい

Sep 2011
Asakurabaka said:
people are gonna wake up the next day and say "WTF? happened to the Tokyo tower?"xD
Yes, I was laughing on the floor as that fell over, to the accompaniment of Yuri fussing hysterically at Erica :)

It's a little silly, but it's fun to watch. I like the interesting take on him needing to "know" about the ancient roots (real or made up) of the gods whose authorities he is facing.
Aug 17, 2012 5:29 PM

Jul 2012
sirwence said:
Biartz said:

What do you expect when you deviate from a parent series because you only have 12 episodes and need to cut change rush and try to make it entertaining. I mean they changed His time before returning from 2months ish to what less then 2 weeks?

I didn't read the manga/novel so I couldn't know what exactly to expect. So what I say was from my unexperienced point of view only.

They destroyed many stuff like the Roman Collisseum in episode two or three. It should be normal to you by now...
Aug 17, 2012 5:43 PM

Jun 2012
KanaHana was so kawaii at the end lol :P

I've given up on actually trying to follow the plot of the story and am finshing up the series now for its characters and humor which are good/fun enough to tide me over till the Fall 2012 which is looking really good right now!
Aug 17, 2012 5:45 PM

May 2012
What a tough old man...
Aug 17, 2012 6:43 PM

Nov 2008
Biartz said:
sirwence said:
Biartz said:

I didn't read the manga/novel so I couldn't know what exactly to expect. So what I say was from my unexperienced point of view only.

They destroyed many stuff like the Roman Collisseum in episode two or three. It should be normal to you by now...

If by normal you mean watching LN's Mangas and VN's get butchered for short 12-13 episode animes that are single season than yes I am lol
Aug 17, 2012 7:31 PM
Oct 2008
Omg Erica in the end was so cute when she was coughing and lol godou and mariya kiss was done well since their both amateur. If its only 12 EPA I guess next 2 EP=lily arc and 10-11 will be ena arc and last ep may be a filler bonus
Aug 17, 2012 7:50 PM

Feb 2009
MrChu said:
Omg Erica in the end was so cute when she was coughing and lol godou and mariya kiss was done well since their both amateur. If its only 12 EPA I guess next 2 EP=lily arc and 10-11 will be ena arc and last ep may be a filler bonus
I'm guessing 13 eps as volume 1 and 2(Athena arc and Voban arc) are eps2-4 and 5-7, meaning each volume is adapted in 3 episodes, with the exception of ep1 which is the the whole of vol3. Next episode is going to vol4 with the beach part and the title 'A Hero Returns'.
Aug 17, 2012 8:01 PM

Jan 2011
ehh...Godou's"gate of babylon" is kinda getting old same with those long ass speeches but nice to finally have Lili join just one more and shes the one i been looking forward too.
Aug 17, 2012 8:18 PM

Feb 2011
Unlimited Bladeworks version 3, plus a new avatar, and Mariya joins the harem in earnest, with lily being blackmailed not a bad adaptation it raises my hopes.
Aug 17, 2012 8:29 PM

Oct 2011
Pretty awesome action this week. Godoh's golden sword attack looks too much like UBW and GoB lol. I am a little confused as to what Liliana's "novels" are referring to; moreover, her sudden decision to defect to Godoh's side was rather strange tbh. Any novel readers willing to explain to me what actually happened there?

Aug 17, 2012 8:40 PM
Oct 2008
dashiawia said:
Pretty awesome action this week. Godoh's golden sword attack looks too much like UBW and GoB lol. I am a little confused as to what Liliana's "novels" are referring to; moreover, her sudden decision to defect to Godoh's side was rather strange tbh. Any novel readers willing to explain to me what actually happened there?

Her decision to join him was 1 Erica blackmailed her for innocent love novel which is based on her fantasy romance. 2 probably because Mariya is on Godoh side and 3 she probably realized his different to other campiones and also wants to lead godoh to the right path of a king since she believes Erica is tainting him lol. I can't wait for the upcoming ep which will focus on lily and the battle upcoming hopefully would be cooler then voban fight.
Aug 17, 2012 8:42 PM

Jul 2010
dashiawia said:
Liliana secretly writes a number of cliche~ish romantic novels(which by of course aren't published) where you can tell the heroine was based upon herself. She doesn't want anyone to know about it because others might laugh at her.

Aug 17, 2012 8:45 PM

Jul 2012
i like this show less and less each week.
Aug 17, 2012 9:05 PM

Apr 2011
What? He's not dead yet? Oh well...

ONSEN DA! ONSEN DAAA! lol
Aug 17, 2012 9:28 PM
Jul 2009
darthfanta said:
dashiawia said:
Liliana secretly writes a number of cliche~ish romantic novels(which by of course aren't published) where you can tell the heroine was based upon herself. She doesn't want anyone to know about it because others might laugh at her.

actually the black mail was just an excuses to defect since

1) her alignment with voban was purely due to politics, erica organization is placed in a better position due to erica being a "wife" of a campione rather then just subjects like most other magical organization, which lily organization to act acordingly due to the fact that both the copper and bronze are rival magical society

2) her code of honor doesn't agree with the way voban does things

3) and she didn't defect earlier because i mean seriously does anyone with a right mind would want to betray some one that could slay a god (in voban case multiple gods, and the reason was just to kill boredom) , and who has an ability to turn anyone that he kills into his eternal slave >__>

onsen da! ONSEN DA!!
Aug 17, 2012 9:29 PM

Apr 2011
The narrator at the end made me LOL so hard! ONSEN DA!!!!!!!!!!!!!! xD
Aug 17, 2012 9:55 PM

Dec 2011
That Duke Voban is a tough guy... surviving all of those avatar attacks from Godou.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 17, 2012 11:19 PM

Oct 2010
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
I have always challenged myself a lot but this is yet another rage inducing episode for various reasons despite it being rather well though out of in terms of convenience. That being said I can say Voban will be missed dearly. He proved that you don’t need to be a little shit like Godou. All a Campione needs is POWER! The more Authorities that align with each other the better. As such as Osiris and Apollo whom information here:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Apollo
Lead to actually even further investigations of his mother here:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Leto
Which actually turned good for the brain whereas it was bad for it be able to guess that easily from the face alone it was Apollo before he was even announced. It was going for either him or his mother whom did make rather nice deeds towards Lycanthropes.

About the Archduke himself, Voban most likely if there was one part he really did kick ass is the following,

That one lighting blast, the fact he has 3 AUTHORITIES which amazes and finally he knocks out Godou’s sword? HAHAAHAHAHAHAAH! Brilliant part there really. Even more intriguing was when a 3rd Authorities was shown being the Weather Gurus.

About Yuri’s kiss, now as much as I should appreciate the following,

I certainly should also point out with the spoiler
That Yuri’s kissing was »»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»Erica’s first time. However I could not enjoy myself much of it. Sadly there was something not right……..OH YEAH! Erica in the spoiler
at the end right. Being like that.

Oh and now we have only Liliana missing the invite to be in the Harem.

About Erica’s cheap psychological warfare tactics, well it’s kind of obvious to see in the spoiler
that Erica admits defeat and also admits being a loser. Now as much as it sounds ridiculous why else use such cheap tactics other than avoid blood shed and comprehension of the situation to one’s advantage? Well there is none really. Liliana would have kicked Erica’s ass easily with her flight powers while Erica can stay grounded with her Lion not being able to do much really.

So yeah that was sleazy and notice the BITCH FACES in the spoiler
yeah that was quite the easy foreshadow for what came at the end itself.

So preview says beach time? I say better make it good with Yuri/Liliana. And they should make Erica fight more instead of being a BITCH TBH. It suits her more IMO.

I WILL MISS YOU VOBAN! You cool dude! Cause I am a fan of his! Guy is amazing!

BTW Image Stitches and Imge Dump in the BLOG:
http://ecchiking99.blogspot.ca/2012/08/image-stitches-and-pic-dumb-of-campione_17.html
Some Voban in werewofl form.

Some GIFs are left in the club:
http://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=478809
bigger sizes.

- BLOG - My Club- Easiest way to reach the rest of my thoughts!
Aug 17, 2012 11:37 PM

Mar 2012
Loled at the ending
Aug 18, 2012 1:09 AM

Feb 2012
Now that was a good episode :D

I really feel this anime is rushed like SAO...
Though I haven't read the LN, I can tell it's quite interesting and got a lot of potential...
I barely manage to understand important facts from little dialogue in this anime though...

Next episode, I smell fanservice~!
Aug 18, 2012 3:39 AM

May 2011
LOL @ the narrator at the end.
HanaKana is so adorable here!
Aug 18, 2012 3:56 AM

May 2010
Now that was unexpected.Mariya kissed Godou....made my day.
Aug 18, 2012 4:37 AM

Jan 2012
So much for the unwavering faith of a knight. She gave up on her king for one cheesy ass reason.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Campione!: Matsurowanu Kamigami to Kamigoroshi no Maou Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Sep 28, 2012

171 by Toolbot »»
Apr 21, 5:17 AM

Poll: » Campione!: Matsurowanu Kamigami to Kamigoroshi no Maou Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Sep 21, 2012

205 by Vindicater »»
Apr 17, 5:35 PM

Poll: » Campione!: Matsurowanu Kamigami to Kamigoroshi no Maou Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Sep 14, 2012

82 by Vindicater »»
Apr 15, 5:44 PM

Poll: » Campione!: Matsurowanu Kamigami to Kamigoroshi no Maou Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Aug 31, 2012

79 by Vindicater »»
Apr 9, 10:10 PM

Poll: » Campione!: Matsurowanu Kamigami to Kamigoroshi no Maou Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Aug 24, 2012

91 by Vindicater »»
Apr 9, 1:47 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.