Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Sword Art Online (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (10) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »
Aug 12, 2012 3:03 AM

Sep 2008
Another episode which didn't really excite me at all. On to the next one we go.
I still hope it's gonna get better.
Aug 12, 2012 3:04 AM

Sep 2008
I'm not very happy with how they paced many of the scenes.

Next episode is gonna be ruining the Lisbeth arc. Great.

fullmetal_adam said:
You would rate the show 0/10, but it's only nearly approaching dropped status? What does an anime have to do for you to drop it? Kill your dog?
Oh man, I lold.
5layerAug 12, 2012 3:07 AM
Aug 12, 2012 3:23 AM

Jun 2008
Could anyone tell me which volume and chapter of the novel they animated in this episode? Will they animate everything in 25 episodes?
Aug 12, 2012 3:25 AM
Jan 2008
The only 2 episode side story and it's hilariously cut cut cut.

You would think they would've added proving Grimlock's crime when they freaking cut out literally everything
Aug 12, 2012 3:36 AM

Aug 2012
Dizzee said:
Could anyone tell me which volume and chapter of the novel they animated in this episode? Will they animate everything in 25 episodes?

Volume 8 "Early and Late"

A Murder Case in the Area (Aincrad 57th floor, April 2024)

Not everything. Just most of the first four novels.
Aug 12, 2012 3:40 AM

Jul 2010
I think this episode was boring except kirito x asuna moments ( marriage stuff <3 ) and want to more action.where's the action ?!

I can't wait next episode !

sorry for my english
Aug 12, 2012 4:42 AM

Jun 2008
Jerrychiang said:
Dizzee said:

What? Did they animated it not in correct order?
Aug 12, 2012 4:46 AM

May 2010
I didn't noticed the end arts before.First time seeing it.
Aug 12, 2012 4:52 AM

Dec 2009
Dizzee said:
Jerrychiang said:
Dizzee said:

What? Did they animated it not in correct order?

From what I understand, at some point in the novel, they do a timeskip with new characters and such. They're animating the side-stories first to introduce the characters into the story so it'll make sense later on..
Aug 12, 2012 4:55 AM

Apr 2011
I enjoyed this episode. I was surprised how quick they solved the case.
And I love how they are setting up the Kirito and Asuna relationship :)
And of course can't forget about that fanservice pic of Asuna at the end so SMEXY!!
5/5
Aug 12, 2012 5:01 AM

Jul 2012
Feel that the mystery could have been resolved much better, but that's just me after reading the LNs xP

Love all the Asuna X Kirito moments as well. Can't wait to see them get together as a couple in the anime.

Next episode's Lizbet's side story. She's not a character i particularly like, but hey, at least we're getting on with the main story after her episode. :)
Aug 12, 2012 5:11 AM

Apr 2012
myd10oz said:
I think this episode was boring except kirito x asuna moments ( marriage stuff <3 ) and want to more action.where's the action ?!

I can't wait next episode !

sorry for my english

The anime will go back to the MainStory again by next week . So yea more action... or that's what I hope ..

And your English isn't bad ;)
"You must be joking" -Gorobei
Aug 12, 2012 5:13 AM

Apr 2012
ahmed_great2005 said:

Wait what End Arts ? .-.
Aug 12, 2012 5:26 AM

Dec 2009
xRaiNx said:
ahmed_great2005 said:

Wait what End Arts ? .-.

The picture after the credits.
Aug 12, 2012 5:37 AM

Sep 2010
Pretty good conclusion.... But mystery was solved rather quickly.....

Anyway I'm starting to hate Asuna, she's becoming a bitch.

3.5/5
Aug 12, 2012 5:42 AM

Dec 2009
Still can't believe they consider a +6 AGI ring rare. In most MMO's / RPG's it would be considered trash. The stat system must be pathetically stingy.
XargionAug 12, 2012 6:16 AM
Doubt Doubt.
Aug 12, 2012 5:46 AM

Jan 2008
Xargion said:
Still can't believe they consider a +6 AGI ring as rare. In most MMO's / RPG's it would be considered trash. The stat system must be pathetically stingy.

Unless horriblesubs was screwing with Ep 5, it was +20.
Aug 12, 2012 5:51 AM

Dec 2009
Paul said:
Xargion said:
Still can't believe they consider a +6 AGI ring as rare. In most MMO's / RPG's it would be considered trash. The stat system must be pathetically stingy.

Unless horriblesubs was screwing with Ep 5, it was +20.

I agree, I remember that it was a +20 Agi ring. That would be an uber boost to players like Asuna, or Argo lawlz. XD
Aug 12, 2012 6:04 AM

Aug 2012
BenGJH said:
Next episode's Lizbet's side story. She's not a character i particularly like, but hey, at least we're getting on with the main story after her episode. :)

If you don't particularly like Lisbeth...

Aug 12, 2012 6:08 AM

Jan 2008
Jerrychiang said:
BenGJH said:

If you don't particularly like Lisbeth...

Rather, there will be actual fighting for once... Lol. Past few episodes haven't had anything major since Ep 2. They might have a spoiler in Ep 7 as well.
Aug 12, 2012 6:10 AM

Jul 2011
tbh, even though i like lizbeth, im mostly looking forward to the episode just
Aug 12, 2012 6:27 AM

Apr 2012
setsun3z said:
xRaiNx said:
ahmed_great2005 said:

Wait what End Arts ? .-.

The picture after the credits.

you actually watch the credits ? .-.
I only minimize and listen to the song ..
Aug 12, 2012 6:29 AM

Aug 2012
Paul said:
=
Rather, there will be actual fighting for once... Lol. Past few episodes haven't had anything major since Ep 2. They might have a spoiler in Ep 7 as well.

Spoiler tags needed and...

kamikaze_1996 said:
tbh, even though i like lizbeth, im mostly looking forward to the episode just

JerrychiangAug 12, 2012 6:35 AM
Aug 12, 2012 6:34 AM

Jan 2010
Umm.....did anyone watch the horrible subs version of this episode?

I literally laughed out loud when I saw this
Aug 12, 2012 6:42 AM

Aug 2012
DaiTomodachi said:

I didn't realize there were any virgins left in Japan.
Aug 12, 2012 6:51 AM

Apr 2009
I'm probably gonna jump to the LN if this show doesn't pick up on a central story soon.

And the show seems to be moving way too fast. We're already on floor 70something in the 5th episode.
Aug 12, 2012 6:58 AM

Dec 2009
It was okay. I still don't understand why this show has a high rating. Then again, I rarely understand the masses.
I have my own anime blog. It's called Anime Viking. Hope you'll you read it!

Aug 12, 2012 7:01 AM

Aug 2011
Damn, Asuna's tsundere side is so annoying to watch.

Kirito should have killed those members of the PK guild - didn't he say he was willing to get his hands dirty in the loli episode? I took it that he was willing to kill PKers... Not sure though, somebody might wanna correct me on that. And the conclusion to the mystery arc was so... cheesy. It reminded me of those typical Fairy Tail baddies who get a lecture from the hero and then get dragged away.

I lol'ed at the plastic and pragmatic thing.
Aug 12, 2012 7:07 AM
Jan 2012
This anime is getting worse and worse... Its becoming so typical now. Was a loner before than starts to open up to people. I would have liked if they kept him a bit more self composed and manly but considering the target audience I shouldnt have even expected that...
Aug 12, 2012 7:41 AM

Jul 2011
itsvero said:
Damn, Asuna's tsundere side is so annoying to watch.

Kirito should have killed those members of the PK guild - didn't he say he was willing to get his hands dirty in the loli episode? I took it that he was willing to kill PKers... Not sure though, somebody might wanna correct me on that. And the conclusion to the mystery arc was so... cheesy. It reminded me of those typical Fairy Tail baddies who get a lecture from the hero and then get dragged away.

I lol'ed at the plastic and pragmatic thing.

it was a different situation, the PK guild before in episode 4 were just a bunch of low level thugs, most of them were just orange and greens without many of them being red, kirito would have no problems disposing them if he wanted to

however laughing coffin is an elite Pking guild with most of their members being in the red, they aren't weak either as they usually stay in the front lines to PK the high levelled players, so they gain lots of xp while also getting the high level equipment

kirito wouldn't be able to take on all three of them at the same time, especially when one of them has a poison dagger capable of paralysing you, even with his high level he wouldn't be able to win, at best he could hold them off for a while until reinforcements come along, which kirito was actually bluffing about but luckily they took the bait and let them go
Aug 12, 2012 7:45 AM

Jun 2012
And so, Kirito x Asuna begins.

Ending of the mystery arc wasn't too bad, although the scene where Asuna gives Grimlock a scolding felt awkward. It was like a little a kid being told they were naughty and then having a good sulk while being dragged to the 'naughty corner'. I would have liked to see some action between Kirito and Laughing Coffin though, ah well.
Aug 12, 2012 7:58 AM

Mar 2012
ryanxwonbin said:
"It wasn't love, it was possession!"

I can't believe people can actually eat this cheese layered on 10 more layers cheese. It was like watching something made by a 12-year-old feminist.

Ahahah, this. Then he must drop to his knees in sheer agony upon, strangely, coming to terms with her words instantly.
LoneWolf said:
@Josh makes me sad to call myself Canadian.
Aug 12, 2012 8:20 AM
Jul 2018
hmm, looks like we got a bit of mystery and detective works going on. This is from vol8 if im not wrong
Aug 12, 2012 8:26 AM

Apr 2012
TBH .. I'm surprised that this anime is more famous than Accel World .. I like AW more than SAO ..

But still great anime none the less..
Aug 12, 2012 8:30 AM
Oct 2010
Post-Josh said:
ryanxwonbin said:

I can't believe people can actually eat this cheese layered on 10 more layers cheese. It was like watching something made by a 12-year-old feminist.
Ahahah, this. Then he must drop to his knees in sheer agony upon, strangely, coming to terms with her words instantly.
LOL, that line had me laughing hard... and that reaction... definitely not SAO's best moment.
AjunkyAug 12, 2012 8:47 AM
"Against stupidity the gods themselves contend in vain"
Friedrich Schiller
Aug 12, 2012 8:43 AM

Sep 2009
Post-Josh said:
ryanxwonbin said:

Took him whooping three seconds, man, that's some resolve right there. Facepalm moment of the season.
Aug 12, 2012 8:44 AM

Feb 2011
Asuna is starting to annoy me.
This episode was like CSI:SAO.
Aug 12, 2012 9:05 AM

Jul 2012
Dumb logic kill her because shes changed/open-up-abit-more-so-shes-not-the-woman-I-loved-logic is dumb: really? I guess that's a definition of a psycho -_- well anyways..

Jerrychiang said:

lol? thats ridiculous ~_~

In the UTW version it's simple as:

¬ Idk, It might have been for some humor purposes, but honestly; its small differences like that which can change the whole atmosphere and meaning of a scene. I can understand why some ppl may found it mediocre due to translation like that =/

kamikaze_1996 said:

is it just me? or has kirito's hair gotten longer?
it seems like it has gotten considerably longer as the series has progressed and he is looking more and more like the kirito from the LN

¬ Yeah that's what I noticed to!!:

(Hawt close up shot of Kirito's face~)

¬ And luv him at the end to, such a way with his words <3

Aug 12, 2012 9:13 AM

Jul 2011
IDex said:
Post-Josh said:

Took him whooping three seconds, man, that's some resolve right there. Facepalm moment of the season.

i know right? i was like "is that all? that can't be it"

i recommend you read the LN version because they handled the whole thing so much better, the only thing they did right in the anime was the build up of kirito's and asuna's relationship and introducing laughing coffin along with the marriage system

EDIT: wait on second thought, don't, its got a lot of spoilers that were cut out in the anime
ZeroKamikazeAug 12, 2012 9:16 AM
Aug 12, 2012 9:47 AM

Jan 2012
Okey epi. I glad that is over... and i guess we got some ghosts on SAO.
Aug 12, 2012 9:51 AM

May 2009
Lol'd at this:

Aug 12, 2012 10:11 AM

Nov 2007
eh it was okay. looking forward to the next arc now.

I mean the guy basically paid people to murder his wife, and what happens to him? his former friends just ..... take him off? he should be imprisoned for life or put down.

the mystery part was kinda lame. they just lost dura and teleported. what? oh well.
Aug 12, 2012 10:23 AM

Feb 2008
That was possibly the worst motive for murder I've ever seen. I also like how Kirito and Asuna are all romantic now despite only knowing eachother for 3 episodes.
Aug 12, 2012 10:26 AM
Apr 2011
mystik said:

I mean the guy basically paid people to murder his wife, and what happens to him? his former friends just ..... take him off? he should be imprisoned for life or put down.

the mystery part was kinda lame. they just lost dura and teleported. what? oh well.

Well, they do have a prison within the game. THere wasn't any word at what his friends did to him, though, so who knows where they took him.

kamikaze_1996 said:

kirito wouldn't be able to take on all three of them at the same time, especially when one of them has a poison dagger capable of paralysing you, even with his high level he wouldn't be able to win, at best he could hold them off for a while until reinforcements come along, which kirito was actually bluffing about but luckily they took the bait and let them go

In the novel, he sent a message to Klein telling him to hold the reinforcements in the city because they left. I don't know how much of a bluff it was, but he showed up with the full intent of fighting (even though his entrance showed otherwise xD).
Aug 12, 2012 10:34 AM

Jul 2011
Vhaeraun said:
mystik said:

Well, they do have a prison within the game. THere wasn't any word at what his friends did to him, though, so who knows where they took him.

kamikaze_1996 said:

In the novel, he sent a message to Klein telling him to hold the reinforcements in the city because they left. I don't know how much of a bluff it was, but he showed up with the full intent of fighting (even though his entrance showed otherwise xD).

my mistake then, my memory is little foggy from that time, i think he also took an anti-poison pot beforehand, but i still don't think he could take on all three of them at once although he would give them a run for their money
Aug 12, 2012 10:36 AM

Apr 2012
kamikaze_1996 said:
Vhaeraun said:
mystik said:

kamikaze_1996 said:

my mistake then, my memory is little foggy from that time, i think he also took an anti-poison pot beforehand, but i still don't think he could take on all three of them at once although he would give them a run for their money

Speaking of Klein .. Why doesn't he make an Appearance ? like a real Episode .. He is my favorite !
Aug 12, 2012 10:48 AM

Mar 2009
god damn this show is such shit
Aug 12, 2012 10:53 AM

May 2010
]That Grimlock guy got something really wrong in his head, just because his freaked out because you got in a dangerous game or your wife change a little bit doesn't mean you could just kill her.If you got a problem talk to her sheessh what an idiot !!

MyAmyAug 12, 2012 10:56 AM
Aug 12, 2012 10:53 AM

Mar 2012
audiodoll said:
god damn this show is such shit

I imagine watching it side by side with After Story would make it all the shittier.
LoneWolf said:
@Josh makes me sad to call myself Canadian.
Aug 12, 2012 10:59 AM
Jul 2012
Killing the wife because afraid of personality changing...???

I hope all Japanese man don't have this kind of personality towards their own imagination about 'perfect' woman.....sigh....
Pages (10) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» Overall do you enjoy watching SAO? What do you like about it? :) ( 1 2 )

Rinrinka - Apr 15

72 by katnissmaezie »»
May 16, 1:05 AM

» What even is SAO anymore? ( 1 2 )

Jason-Skyrunner - Apr 27

53 by soli1239 »»
May 6, 8:27 PM

» We need a reboot

Superninjaboy2 - Mar 15

32 by Jason-Skyrunner »»
May 1, 5:20 PM

Poll: » Sword Art Online Episode 23 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

bippo - Dec 8, 2012

480 by amf85 »»
Apr 27, 5:20 PM

Poll: » Sword Art Online Episode 19 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Nov 10, 2012

680 by amf85 »»
Apr 27, 2:32 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.