Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Sword Art Online (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (10) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »
Aug 11, 2012 9:00 PM

Jul 2012
Good episode. Might be my favourite so far.

The mystery detective thing was pretty good. Better than I thought it was.

Oh Asuna and Kirito. They'd better get married soon. LOL So much chemistry between them!
Aug 11, 2012 9:01 PM

May 2008
Dammit they should get married already god dammit ! BEFORE I GO CRAZY WUQCBFBUFOQUBGOQUDGOUGQDWUO

Awesome Sig by Lailide
Aug 11, 2012 9:01 PM

Aug 2012
meepsheep said:
Good episode. Might be my favourite so far.

The mystery detective thing was pretty good. Better than I thought it was.

Oh Asuna and Kirito. They'd better get married soon. LOL So much chemistry between them!

That last moment with Griselda was well done.

Kirito and Asuna's reaction were perfect.
Aug 11, 2012 9:02 PM
Sep 2011
Liked the Asuna x Kirito.
Aug 11, 2012 9:11 PM

Dec 2008
Undoubtedly, this was the best chapter so far! First time I gave 5/5!
^_~
Aug 11, 2012 9:12 PM

Jul 2012
I enjoyed the episode, and am liking the series so far.

However, the developments between Kirito and Asuna feel kind of rushed to me. I understand these are side stories which take place months or even years apart, but still... A typical shoujo anime could spend 26 episodes developing a good relationship between characters, whereas the SAO anime has shown Asuna and Kirito meeting twice before not so subtly hinting at marriage. This is an anime, not a reading comprehension exercise... I would prefer to see things happening, not fill in the blanks myself. A little more acknowledgement of the time passing and events occurring between these episodes would be nice.
Aug 11, 2012 9:12 PM

May 2011
This ep had some good moments with Kirito and Asuna, plus an interesting answer to last ep's mystery. However, I'm glad it's over and hope we can get back to the real story, with Kirito and the others advancing further in the game.
Aug 11, 2012 9:27 PM

Aug 2012
helderplus said:
Undoubtedly, this was the best chapter so far! First time I gave 5/5!

Let me guess: you gave it a 5!/5 because of the picture at the end of the credits.

Naughty boy.
Aug 11, 2012 9:27 PM

Mar 2010
This episode was okay. They could have made the whole mystery bit a lot more dramatic. To be honest I felt more like Ahh thats a smart idea and Ahh she died compared to being Holy, what just happened and genius! Skipping out the whole convo before Grimlock confessed didn't help.

The pacing of this episode wasn't bad. I'm just hoping that they are putting all the budget into action in the main arc and further on hopefully in 2-3 episodes time.

Overall it wasnt a bad episode, it was probably the best so far minus the first episode but considering the others it isn't too hard. They really should play that you die for real card to their advantage and exploit it because the deaths so far don't feel all that real.
My Blog: Due2Life

Aug 11, 2012 9:33 PM

Jan 2011
I really enjoyed this episode, a great conclusion to the Detective Art Online. So it turns out that Kains and Yoriko didn't die, was an illusion all along. So Grimlock was the one that had her killed. He was psychologically damaged and was obsessed with 'possessing her' than 'loving her'.

Those Asuna X Kirito moments in this episode are so damn good, freakin' love them. :D I loved how when Kirito suggested that Asuna could put her sandwiches up for auction which angered Asuna. So Asuna stomped her foot on the ground making Kirito drop his sandwich and then he suddenly finds a hint. That was pretty awesome.

Asuna and Kirito talking about marriage was so cute dammit! Laughed so hard when Kirito was like 'romantic and plastic. xD The marriage system is really interesting. So the couple share inventories, very useful. Last few scenes of the episode, Asuna asking Kirito a hypothetical question, I bet it's about her. A more feminine side of Asuna, let's go. :P Also I fucking love how Asuna keeps teasing/hitting Kirito. xD

Bah gotta wait another week for more SAO. :S
Aug 11, 2012 9:45 PM

Jul 2011
Great episode, I liked the development between Asuna and Kirito. 5/5

Aug 11, 2012 9:51 PM
Feb 2012
As mentioned by a lot of people already, I liked the Asuna x Kirito. Good episode overall, though I'm hoping it gets back to the main story soon.
Aug 11, 2012 9:52 PM

Jul 2010
The KiritoxAsuna moments made this episode worthwhile. 5/5.

Can't wait for the next ep! :)
Aug 11, 2012 9:53 PM

Jun 2008
I don't want this anime to ever end!!
Aug 11, 2012 9:58 PM

Aug 2011
Turned out pretty well I think.

Last of the side stories should be next.
Aug 11, 2012 10:01 PM

Mar 2011
I liked this episode:D the ending was pretty sad too :'(
Aug 11, 2012 10:11 PM

Aug 2008
DemiSouls said:
I don't want this anime to ever end!!

Woah, hold up. Be careful about wishing that.... might jinx it and get one of those series that is almost done and then just cancels.... or worse.... they change the ending to be open with the intention of making a S2 and then never make another.

rishardew said:
Damn it! Will it take too long for them to marry? I'm almost picking up the novels to read :<

Assuming that ep8 is when vol 1 picks up.... and going with the INSANE amount of plot compacting going on, so 3 chapters per episode, I'd say ep 12-14, with the ending of the SoA arc at ep 16-18?. Assuming they start up from floor 74, where the LN begins.

THE ALO arc should actually go at a much quicker pace. The SoA arc had wayy more info packed in there. Alot of ALO is scenery, fights, etc. Those SHOULD animemate faster.

But I could be wayy off. :P
Aug 11, 2012 10:25 PM
May 2011
End art looks like it was made by the guy who did the artwork for Haganai and Denpa Onna >_>?
~(all those nudes)~

Btw, I love the development between Asuna and Kirito at the end after they saw Griselda ( which brought warmth to my heart a bit :')
RyuKirinAug 11, 2012 10:52 PM
ban1o.jpg
Aug 11, 2012 10:51 PM

Mar 2012
"Wanna friend me?" Are you twelve, lol? "Shared inventory is so romantic." The dialogue makes it so difficult to take this show seriously. Everything, bar the visuals, is still extremely average.
LoneWolf said:
@Josh makes me sad to call myself Canadian.
Aug 11, 2012 11:06 PM

Mar 2012
To be honest after having read the LN the anime feels a bit hollowed out, but I really have to give the anime props for bringing out a gradual development on Asuna and Kirito's relationship. I'm guessing that the next episode will see the last side story played out then in ep. 8 the couple will go into full bloom. Gotta give the anime director credit for arranging these side episodes as seamlessly as they have been.

4/5

zannettAug 11, 2012 11:25 PM
Aug 11, 2012 11:06 PM

Oct 2008
A pretty good episode in general.

Loved the Asuna X Kirito moments. I'd assume something develops between them since they are so prominently displayed in the OP and ED. Some great Asuna moments and the music at the very end was nice.

The mystery was pretty quickly resolved. The whole concept of the setup was interesting. But, Grimrock's reasoning was pure BS. And his smug face and talk was shut down by Asuna in one sentence? This part of the mystery was very poorly done. A lot of great buildup to a really lackluster motive... He doesn't come off as insane. He just comes off as retarded.

Minor complaints:
1) They let Grimrock just walk away after basically admitting he killed someone?????
2) They just let the Laughing Coffin guild walk away????????
3) Everytime they reference the actual game mechanics, it's kind of a double-edged sword. It reinforces that they are in a virtual world (good because it means they are running with the premise), but on the other hand, it's hard to maintain the seriousness of a situation when they suddenly bring up game terminology (pulls you out of the immersion).

Post-Josh said:
"Wanna friend me?" Are you twelve, lol? "Shared inventory is so romantic." The dialogue makes it so difficult to take this show seriously. Everything, bar the visuals, is still extremely average.

Part of what I bring up in my 2nd complaint. However, I would disagree with the specifics of what you said. Asuna and Kirito weren't exactly friendly to begin with. I think Asuna extending her hand in friendship is an important first step. At this point, she doesn't harbour any feelings for Kirito, so it certainly makes sense. It's her way to repair their relationship. As for the shared inventory part, as a game mechanic, it's a great representation of the ideal of marriage. There's nothing more important in an online RPG than your gear.

Asuna and her interactions with Kirito really pull this anime up. I dread an episode without Asuna.
OmniknightAug 11, 2012 11:14 PM
Aug 11, 2012 11:11 PM

Aug 2012
rishardew said:
Damn it! Will it take too long for them to marry? I'm almost picking up the novels to read :<

Good for you.

You'll get the wholesome context of the novel. Then you'll be in perennial "critic mode" watching the anime, swearing up and down that they're doing it "wrong", while being unable to stop watching because you can't wait for the next episode.

We're sucking you in!
Aug 11, 2012 11:21 PM

Nov 2008
^I feel you bro. As a LN reader as well I feel like screaming at them that they're doing it wrong.

Also the fact that they didn't do this scene well:

kinda leaves a hole in Kirito and Asuna's marriage discussion.

And with this trend I take they'll use about 4-5 eps for the remaining main story?

Anyway, hoping for a nice adaptation of Warmth of the Heart.
Aug 11, 2012 11:21 PM

Jul 2011
Omniknight said:

Loved the Asuna X Kirito moments. I'd assume something develops between them since they are so prominently displayed in the OP and ED. Some great Asuna moments and the music at the very end was nice.

The mystery was pretty quickly resolved. The whole concept of the setup was interesting. But, Grimrock's reasoning was pure BS. And his smug face and talk was shut down by Asuna in one sentence? This part of the mystery was very poorly done. A lot of great buildup to a really lackluster motive... He doesn't come off as insane. He just comes off as retarded.

Minor complaints:
1) They let Grimrock just walk away after basically admitting he killed someone?????
3) Everytime they reference the actual game mechanics, it's kind of a double-edged sword. It reinforces that they are in a virtual world (good because it means they are running with the premise), but on the other hand, it's hard to maintain the seriousness of a situation when they suddenly bring up game terminology (pulls you out of the immersion).

Post-Josh said:

Part of what I bring up in my 2nd complaint. However, I would disagree with the specifics of what you said. Asuna and Kirito weren't exactly friendly to begin with. I think Asuna extending her hand in friendship is an important first step. At this point, she doesn't harbour any feelings for Kirito, so it certainly makes sense. It's her way to repair their relationship. As for the shared inventory part, as a game mechanic, it's a great representation of the ideal of marriage. There's nothing more important in an online RPG than your gear.

Asuna and her interactions with Kirito really pull this anime up. I dread an episode without Asuna.

About your first complaint, they didn't exactly let Grimlock walk free, just that his fate now lied with Kains(?) and Schmitt(?). Although I agree with your other minor complaints.

Aug 11, 2012 11:31 PM

Mar 2012
Omniknight said:

Minor complaints:

As for your complaint number 2, I think it was a bluff by Kirito to get the Laughing Coffin guild away. If he really was able to arrange a 30-member squad made up of the best players, then he should've just not said anything, stalled them for as long as he could, and had his squad obliterate them.

On a separate note, Kirito also might've wanted to avoid armed conflict with the guild since each of them is really strong. Some deaths would've been inevitable.

Totally agree with your last sentence. Kirito and Asuna are really what's important here...
Aug 11, 2012 11:32 PM

Jun 2012
Pretty meh episode. That's a horrible reason to kill your wife. Honestly, the "mystery" didn't have as much screen time it needed. It was all about lame twists. And finally, at this point we are at 25% short stories and climbing. When are we going to get to the main story? At this point this is slice of life of MMO than actual action.
Aug 11, 2012 11:39 PM

Mar 2012
Uberchu said:
Pretty meh episode. That's a horrible reason to kill your wife. Honestly, the "mystery" didn't have as much screen time it needed. It was all about lame twists. And finally, at this point we are at 25% short stories and climbing. When are we going to get to the main story? At this point this is slice of life of MMO than actual action.

It's safe to assume that this series really wants to get all the side episodes out of the way. With the last one out of the way probably in the next episode, the main storyline will come in at about episode 8.

I wouldn't worry about there not being enough room for the main story, seeing there are 25 episodes to stretch.
Aug 11, 2012 11:45 PM

Dec 2009
Haha I was hoping they would animate

but I guess they felt other parts of the LN were more important. Honestly, I didn't like this episode all that much, but I'm glad we're getting closer to the main story line. That's the most critical part to get right, not these side stories.
Aug 12, 2012 12:00 AM

Feb 2008
Sword Art Online 5-6

Interesting narrative that had a lot of detective work, character development, and interesting world/game points that were left out leaving much of the mystery out. What was supposed to be a really good detective mystery episode ended up being butchered and became a really simple and easy narrative that had something looming in the background. Despite the faults that it has compared to the LN counterpart, I thought that this plot stood well on its own. It suffered from a bit of pacing issues and transitions - though non like the scale of episode 3 - it was fairly well-compiled.

It was interesting how the interactions between Asuna and Kirito didn't immediately come off as perfect. Rather, the two of them are very different people and don't get along very well. Here we see that Kirito doesn't really want to have problems with people - partly due to his anti-social skills - but at the same time his strong beliefs helps to influence his voice and action. I think the beginning of episode 5 is a clear indicator of this as Kirito wanted to make it clear that killing NPC is very bad - since in his mind it will set a bad precedent for killing people in the future. However, Asuna doesn't see eye-to-eye since she's hellbent on finishing this game. Here we see the easy-going but chivalrous character of Kirito versus Asuna who's solely focused on clearing the game to get out to the real world. To Kirito, no matter where he is, reality is the thing that he's in and the very thing that is in front of him. However, to Asuna that's something else entirely: outside of the virtual world.

It's obvious that these are going to be the couple of the show - Duh, the OP - but the way they start off their relationship is nothing but something rocky. Their values differ and their principles too. Throughout this entire arc, Kirito and Asuna begin to learn more about each other and as a result their relationship doesn't feel forced. Rather it feels like a natural progression between two people. Kirito, having bad social skills, tends to tiptoe around the bossy but somewhat commanding nature of Asuna. It's funny that Asuna hints at being somewhat of a romantic girly person, she tries not to show that to Kirito, in addition to the fact that she doesn't show interest in him. At least not visually in these two episodes.

I think it's interesting how the ending of the arc worked and how the coflict resolved itself. The fact that people like Grimlock exists and are willing to do those things in order to "preserve" memories is both insane and realistic to me. It's not that I would do it myself but I can see someone else doing it. It's interesting because people have begun to weave the reality of the virtual world to the one outside of it. However, in this case Grimlock ended up taking the two as completely separate worlds with different rules. As a result, what ends up happening is what Grimlock ultimately does. I think the theme of this arc is that there is much more to SAO than simply a virtual world. If anything, as Kirito has exemplified, it shows that it's an extension of the world. Perhaps a new frontier. Rather than embracing it as a prison or a method for change or whatnot. It becomes a new home and something to be accustomed to, despite the peril of being stuck in the game.

I'd say this SS was okay overall but doesn't compare to the LN version. It was much more cool and much more narratively driven with very good pacing. Plus you get to see Heathcliff. The good thing is that we get to see the ending with Asuna and Kirito. It was nicely done in that she tries to express that he shouldn't go at things alone. And even if he is adamant about doing so, he should at least make friends. This is in ways a callback to episode 2 where Kirito left everyone behind, made enemies, and left Asuna behind as well. Here we see that rather than move on, Kirito is stopped by Asuna who notes that he shouldn't be alone but rather be more social, despite his solo status.
Aug 12, 2012 12:07 AM

Jul 2012
exciting and unexpected conclusion.
Aug 12, 2012 12:20 AM

Jun 2009
What a shitty reason to kill your wife. I thought it has something to do with jealousy or something related.

Being possessive doesn't work that way. He's just a whack in the head.
Aug 12, 2012 12:22 AM

Apr 2012
Um...what was the point of all the previous stuff if they could have referred to the marriage system sooner? Kirito and Asuna seemed smart, it's not entirely impossible for them to suspect Grimlocks benefiting sooner.
On a side note, it seems like Asuna wants to share storage to hold 2 years worth of...

Grimlocks wasn't convincing either. It is a pretty ridiculous reason to kills his wife(Not that there aren't fucked up people in this world but still). Also he just admits it when all Kirito and Asuna had are circumstantial evidence. Kirito and Asuna also let the other three carry Grimlocks away instead of handing him to authorities (if there are any) which seems extremely unprofessional and lacking common sense.

Last of all I just have a question. Does game mechanics allow ghosting or was that just a hallucination due to hunger?

Anways a meh episode.
BloodRequiemAug 12, 2012 12:26 AM
As a child, I was told that society is a melting pot of talents; knowledge and experience combined to form important alloys that will contribute to mankind. When I got to highschool, however, I thought that it's more like a river in which the water represents our peers while we ourselves are the stones in the river. Constant erosion by mindless majority sheeping has made us lose our unique edge. After I hit the age of 18, I realized that I've been wrong all along. Society is no melting pot. Society is no river. Society is a person, a very skilled rapist, and he has fucked us all.
Aug 12, 2012 12:35 AM

Aug 2012
-Quasar said:
What a shitty reason to kill your wife. I thought it has something to do with jealousy or something related.

Being possessive doesn't work that way. He's just a whack in the head.

In a way, there's a certain logic to it, especially in regards from a third-person perspective.

Imagine you're loved one is hooked up to a machine which "rewrites" her mind using a fake reality. Her personality is altered, her emotions are altered, in essence, the person you knew and loved will be no more.

Would you say that the person you loved is already dead?

Has this person been brainwashed by said machine?

The person who awakens from the machine is no longer the person you married beyond the external shell, but is almost a twisted perversion, an evil mockery of the person you loved.

Is that insane?

Or is the acceptance of this insane?

JerrychiangAug 12, 2012 12:45 AM
Aug 12, 2012 12:49 AM

Mar 2012
Jerrychiang said:

In a way, there's a certain logic to it, especially in regards from a third-person perspective.

Imagine you're loved one is hooked up to a machine which alters the mind. Her personality is altered, her emotions are altered, in essence, the person you knew and loved will be no more.

Would you say that the person you loved is already dead?

Has this person been brainwashed by said machine?

The person who awakens from the machine is no longer the person you married beyond the external shell, but is almost a twisted perversion, an evil mockery of the person you loved.

Is that insane?

Or is the acceptance of this insane?

I think it's unfortunate that the anime wasn't able to get that point across due to time restraints, because it is an important topic this series will revisit later on, and perhaps something we can all consider on a philosophical level. Instead, now we only look at Grimlock and he just feels ridiculous. Especially the way he collapsed as if someone actually broke him down.

Aug 12, 2012 12:56 AM

Jun 2009
Jerrychiang said:
Is that insane?

Yes.

I can understand if the change made her wife worse than she was before but all of them were positive. If she was killed because of those changes, then that is a twisted way of logic.
Aug 12, 2012 1:00 AM

Feb 2012
I could get like you guys have been saying if she just became a shell of her former self but, that really wasn't the case. As asuna said he only wanted to own her not love her. Sure if you loved a person you might want to kill them yourself to free them from the hell of suffering inside SAO but, if you really loved them you would do everything in your power to beat the game and, free them.
Aug 12, 2012 1:09 AM

Aug 2012
tezann_t said:

I think it's unfortunate that the anime wasn't able to get that point across due to time restraints, because it is an important topic this series will revisit later on, and perhaps something we can all consider on a philosophical level. Instead, now we only look at Grimlock and he just feels ridiculous. Especially the way he collapsed as if someone actually broke him down.

That may be true from a second-party perspective on the "inside", somebody who's so immersed in the SAO fake reality that he accepts whatever changes occurs as "natural".

But from a third-party's perspective who thinks that the reality of SAO is a fake which is monkeying with his wife's personality, who's looking at Griselda from the "outside" of the fake reality, this is not so simple.

It's more than a matter of perspective.

I guess I have a little more of a "bent" when it comes to things like this.

Aug 12, 2012 1:30 AM

Jul 2011
... Still it was more complex murder than I earlier thought <3

"A half moon, it has a dark half and a bright half, just like me…", Yuno Gasai
Aug 12, 2012 1:38 AM
Mar 2008
I somewhat surprised by the amount of people stating Grimlock's motivations for killings his wife were stupid or poorly thought out.He acted exactly like a a possessive psychopath would do in that scenario.He has already at the start of the anime been removed from the real world cutting him off from his daily life,comforts, and whats happening in reality.The only stable thing left in his life was his wife. She began to change to dramatically and saw he had lost everything and at least wanted what he considered a negative mutation to end. Now considering how level headed the group was to towards him somewhat shocked me along with the fight he didn't pull off after the confession. The maybe cornered fight is debatable considering he played to use PK guild to finish off his former guild mates but the group just let him slide. If anything I was expecting a player to murder him but I guess he is going to the plot hole jail that the viewers have never seen.

Kirito and Asuna's relationship seemed to be naturally growing the episode although it seemed a bit rushed towards the 2/3 mark of the episode.
Aug 12, 2012 1:43 AM

Aug 2012
-Quasar said:
Jerrychiang said:
Is that insane?

Yes.

I can understand if the change made her wife worse than she was before but all of them were positive. If she was killed because of those changes, then that is a twisted way of logic.

I have no doubt you feel that way, and there is certainly merit to it.

I'll offer an alternative explanation for the sake of argument, in part because - again - I know someone with a similar experience.

So here's the alternate:

Let's say your children are about to be kidnapped. Those who are kidnapped are destined to be sent to re-education camps. They will be taught to despise their parents and their native heritage, its language, its culture, its religion, etc. In time, these children will become the vanguard, your most hated enemy, abominations more hateful and terrifying than the people who kidnapped them and made them what they are?

Would you kill your children?

Or let them live to face their fate?

Is it insane to even ask?

Is it laughable?

No, it is no laughing matter.

This is the very real question that faced many Taiwanese (and other) parents under Japanese rule in the East. I've been told the Christians too faced this in what were called the "Janissaries".

The Japanese themselves were so afraid that the Americans would do the same to their own children that they flung their babies over cliffs.

Granted, the US Occupation did let the Japanese keep their language and most of their customs intact. The Americans didn't burn or convert any Shinto shrines in the Occupation, but they did "defile" the Japanese religion by demoting the Emperor from God to mere mortal. They didn't outlaw the Japanese language or the Tea ceremony, but they fundamentally altered Japanese society and civics and power structure. One of the many examples was "forcing" the Japanese to elect representatives to govern themselves, something that no Japanese parent or elder would ever teach their children.

Yes. One could argue that "I can understand if the change made [Japan] worse than she was before but all of them were positive."

But that didn't stop Japanese parents from putting their children to death, even though the fate they faced was orders of magnitude better than the fate visited upon the Asian children at the hands of the Japanese, or Christian children at the hands of Muslims.

It is hardly insane or psychopathic; it is simply a situation that doesn't get thought of anymore in the "civilized world". In a way, that may be for the best.

But I submit that it is a delusion - brought on by historical ignorance - to pretend the question isn't a serious one to consider.
JerrychiangAug 12, 2012 1:57 AM
Aug 12, 2012 1:59 AM

Mar 2012
Kirito: "I'm willing to bet my virginity that it was Grimlock"
Haha, betting his virginity. xD
Yes. Yes. My avatar is s sheep ._ .
Aug 12, 2012 2:00 AM

Nov 2010
Oh man, I practically have a negative view for every episode of SAO, but this one takes the cake in being awful. Kirito and Asuna are the biggest tools I've ever seen, and these side characters were unbelievably idiotic. And really...

"It wasn't love, it was possession!"

I can't believe people can actually eat this cheese layered on 10 more layers cheese. It was like watching something made by a 12-year-old feminist.

0/10, nearly dropped status now.
Aug 12, 2012 2:05 AM

Nov 2011
ryanxwonbin said:
...this one takes the cake in being awful. Kirito and Asuna are the biggest tools I've ever seen, and these side characters were unbelievably idiotic. And really...

I can't believe people can actually eat this cheese layered on 10 more layers cheese. It was like watching something made by a 12-year-old feminist.

nearly dropped status now.

As painful as it is to say this, I can't help but agree. I had high hopes for this after seeing the first two episodes, but this episode was just genuinely awful; especially during:

Guy: "I killed my wife because *insert reason*"
Asuna: Says a simple one liner
Guy experiences emotional breakdown.
Aug 12, 2012 2:12 AM

Nov 2011
Ah, Freckles-chan, I'm glad you weren't really dead.
Aug 12, 2012 2:12 AM

Aug 2012
ryanxwonbin said:
Oh man, I practically have a negative view for every episode of SAO, but this one takes the cake in being awful. Kirito and Asuna are the biggest tools I've ever seen, and these side characters were unbelievably idiotic. And really...

AzureBlues said:

As painful as it is to say this, I can't help but agree. I had high hopes for this after seeing the first two episodes, but this episode was just genuinely awful; especially during:

And yet, I expect you'll watch the next episode too which looks to be everyone's favorite side story ^_-
Aug 12, 2012 2:16 AM

Mar 2011
Jerrychiang said:
ryanxwonbin said:

AzureBlues said:

And yet, I expect you'll watch the next episode too which looks to be everyone's favorite side story ^_-

At least stick to it after the main story start ^_^
Aug 12, 2012 2:22 AM

Jan 2012
Decent ep, not completely blown away but the development is nice and the ending of this arc felt warm.
Aug 12, 2012 2:30 AM

Nov 2011
Even Lucky Star have more action than this virtual world full of dudes with swords. I got it, Kirito it's strong, smart and everything it's easy for him...Can we move on to something else? Ep 1-2 had action, and ep 3 showed us a weak side of the main char and that being strong isn't everything...But 4,5 and 6 were so "meh, whatever"

7/10
gemanepaAug 12, 2012 2:33 AM
Aug 12, 2012 2:51 AM
Jan 2010
kirito is a bigger deus ex machina than fucking eagles
Aug 12, 2012 2:55 AM

Jan 2011
These side stories are getting boring, the idea of teleporting when your armor gets destroyed is clever, but everything else in this episode was so simple I could expect it.
At least some character development is happening with the 2 main characters though.
I almost never read discussions after I made my post, if you want to reply PM me or post on my profile page.
Pages (10) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» Overall do you enjoy watching SAO? What do you like about it? :) ( 1 2 )

Rinrinka - Apr 15

72 by katnissmaezie »»
May 16, 1:05 AM

» What even is SAO anymore? ( 1 2 )

Jason-Skyrunner - Apr 27

53 by soli1239 »»
May 6, 8:27 PM

» We need a reboot

Superninjaboy2 - Mar 15

32 by Jason-Skyrunner »»
May 1, 5:20 PM

Poll: » Sword Art Online Episode 23 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

bippo - Dec 8, 2012

480 by amf85 »»
Apr 27, 5:20 PM

Poll: » Sword Art Online Episode 19 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Nov 10, 2012

680 by amf85 »»
Apr 27, 2:32 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.