Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Sword Art Online (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (10) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Aug 11, 2012 8:17 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Well, it looks like that "murderer" from last time attempts to flee but Kirito is on his tail.

Some tense moments this episode as the atmosphere continues to drive some people insecure.

The things people do for an rare item/cash..as well as other reasons.

Oh well, overall quick and flashy arc.
Stark700Aug 11, 2012 9:00 PM
Aug 11, 2012 8:25 AM

Jan 2012
They resolved it pretty quick :|
Aug 11, 2012 8:32 AM

Feb 2009
Is this gonna be a regular thing? Starting the threads when the episode hasn't even finished airing in Japan? The ending song is playing when I increased the episode count and the thread is already created. And it says '7 minutes ago'.

So no Heathcliff and too little exposure of the Laughing Coffin. Can't say I didn't see this as they need the time to explain the mystery. Oh well, Kawahara admitted he can't into mystery and this was a good attempt.
Why did they keep that Griselda ghost though? That didn't even make sense in the novels. Damn.
So Warmth of the Heart next episode. Nice. Then episode 8 is back to volume 1 story then. Can't wait.

inb4 complaints from LN and non-LN readers.
Aug 11, 2012 8:38 AM

Nov 2011
belatkuro said:
Is this gonna be a regular thing? Starting the threads when the episode hasn't even finished airing in Japan? The ending song is playing when I increased the episode count and the thread is already created. And it says '7 minutes ago'.

So no Heathcliff and too little exposure of the Laughing Coffin. Can't say I didn't see this as they need the time to explain the mystery. Oh well, Kawahara admitted he can't into mystery and this was a good attempt.
Why did they keep that Griselda ghost though? That didn't even make sense in the novels. Damn.
So Warmth of the Heart next episode. Nice. Then episode 8 is back to volume 1 story then. Can't wait.

inb4 complaints from LN and non-LN readers.

Sorry about that but I was pretty excited for this episode to see how the arc concludes. Actually I posted this thread as the episode was concluding towards the very end and I rarely watch the ED song. I won't post it till an episode finishes airing next time though so no worries ^_^

So next episode is the final side story from what you're saying? I haven't read the LN yet so I have no idea what will happen.
Stark700Aug 11, 2012 8:43 AM
Aug 11, 2012 8:39 AM

Jul 2011
Ridiculously oversimplified and mediocre. I get the SAO is being extremely objective with their developments, but cutting development makes half the actions seem deus ex. In the light novel, the mystery wasn't as blatantly simple as that, the side characters were actually developed, and Grimlok rebutted the accusations.
mdzAug 11, 2012 6:29 PM
Aug 11, 2012 8:52 AM

Oct 2010
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
This episode was quite stale. It featured the less stuff but in depth info, which is fine but next episode better pick up the action more. That being said I find Asuna x Kirito best in the following,

KIRITO GRAB ASUNA! YES! Even though it was not that much of a grab it looked forced to me. In general the alst part in the spoiler
felt really good and revealed somewhat elements. Despite that other Asuna x Kirito parts at #2 would be the mint tea part and #3 is the bench pat where Kirito actually does drop his sandwich.

About the resolve, went out nicely in the spoiler
quite the sight as all gather and peace somewhat turns out. Glad that Asuna played an aggressive role TBH.

Personally I do find the harsh realization of the person in the spoiler
to be rather gloomy and sad. That person truly shows that and the design certainly reminds of Matrix a little among other anime characters. Might edit later.

BTW End Art in the spoiler
IS THE SEXIEST OF ASUNA! One does not to look further than that ass cheek that shows out and the breasts with their skin being revealed in a rather wet Asuna coming out with her clothing being wet.
Yumekichi11Aug 11, 2012 9:00 AM

- BLOG - My Club- Easiest way to reach the rest of my thoughts!
Aug 11, 2012 9:15 AM

Feb 2009
Stark700 said:
Sorry about that but I was pretty excited for this episode to see how the arc concludes. Actually I posted this thread as the episode was concluding towards the very end and I rarely watch the ED song. I won't post it till an episode finishes airing next time though so no worries ^_^

So next episode is the final side story from what you're saying? I haven't read the LN yet so I have no idea what will happen.
At least finish the episode first before creating a thread. You do this every time. I'll keep it up as long as it takes.
And no, we still have a side story in volume 2 that hasn't been animated but that will be inserted in the middle of the story in volume 1. Just that we will just have one more side story before we go back to volume 1 and that's next episode.

Yumekichi11 said:
IS THE SEXIEST OF ASUNA! One does not to look further than that ass cheek that shows out and the breasts with their skin being revealed in a rather wet Asuna coming out with her clothing being wet.
I know this art. This is from Buriki, the same one who did Denpa Onna and Haganai. Nice.
LunaAug 12, 2012 7:18 AM
Aug 11, 2012 9:28 AM

Nov 2007
The killer is probably very high leveled... Even though Kirito chased after him, he was able to run away. That person has some kind of crystal. Soul of the dead one?!

She made sandwich for both of them. He figured out something when she destroyed his sandwich.

The guy in the group met the two pairs who were supposed to be dead, and spilled it out the "truth" because he was afraid. Yoruko and the guy with her are actually not dead and just teleported? 3rd parties showed up (ordered by the main guy) and they were in pinch, but Kirito showed up and saved 3 of them.

Crimrock "killed" his wife because he loved her, who was his wife, too in real life and she was not the one he knows. Soul of the wife showed up and showed graceful to them, it seems.

The girl suggested for friend link to Kirito.
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Aug 11, 2012 9:52 AM

Oct 2010
belatkuro said:
Yumekichi11 said:
I know this art. This is from Buriki, the same one who did Denpa Onna and Haganai. Nice.
Well thanks for pointing out the source. Now I know why I am so glued to that, Erio style anything is enticing ero wise. As Erio herself was.

- BLOG - My Club- Easiest way to reach the rest of my thoughts!
Aug 11, 2012 10:43 AM
Feb 2008
This was pretty much anime-original episode.
LC part was pretty much ruined.
Aug 11, 2012 11:39 AM

Dec 2010
I really enjoyed this episode, I found a lot of the parts that was left out a smart idea. They either wasn't too important or would of been too many spoilers for later episodes.

I'm looking forward to the main story starting soon but also looking forward to the side story in the next episode. I liked that side story a bit, but really curious how they are going to do it without spoilers for a few different parts of the main story.
Aug 11, 2012 12:22 PM

Jul 2010
Yumekichi11 said:
IS THE SEXIEST OF ASUNA!

I certainly like that nice piece of art.
Aug 11, 2012 12:42 PM

Feb 2008
Too rushing but still it cover the most important part of the story even thought I want to see Heartcliff but we will see him later.
Now develop between Kirito and Asuna relationships. +1

I love the end art picture as well

One more sidestory and we going to move to main story. Unless they not going to cover volume 8 but I doubt so.

Next episode time for Lisbeth another moe character is coming weee lol.

Nothing ventured, nothing gained (Girls und Panzer der Film ) / from Nishizumi Miho

Aug 11, 2012 12:44 PM

Jun 2012
baller kirito gains a friend
oh god if the next episode is more hentai loli-tentacle rape i'm going to be really mad
good way to end the arc, well done, this side story wasn't a trainwreck like the others
will be looking forward to the next few arcs
5/5-hopefully more good stuff to come

Mod Edit: Do not ask where to download episodes/raws.
LunaAug 12, 2012 7:19 AM
~"The place to improve the world is first in one's own heart and head and hands." (Pirsig)

Aug 11, 2012 2:37 PM

Oct 2011
It's show time?
To be honest I'm kinda disappointed by this episode's portrayal of PoH. I always imagined him as a carefree american teenager (iirc the novel described him as a Caucasian).
Aug 11, 2012 3:06 PM

Mar 2012
This is so bad compared to the LN lol...
Aug 11, 2012 3:22 PM
Feb 2012
it was a good episode and interesting how they solved everything :D
Aug 11, 2012 3:25 PM

Jun 2009
decent episode. I'm glad it was resolved quick. now we can see some action haha ;D
LET JUSTICE BE DONE; THOUGH THE HEAVENS MAY FALL
Aug 11, 2012 3:26 PM

Sep 2011
D2Synua said:
This is so bad compared to the LN lol...

This is just getting annoying now. Don't like it? Don't watch it.
Aug 11, 2012 3:34 PM
Jul 2012
Besides the kirito x Asuna moments the episode was boring like the last wish they would have skipped these side stories and just did the main one but its good i guess the build up to the next arc we need more Asuna. Cant wait to see them get married
Aug 11, 2012 3:35 PM

Jun 2012
T_T can't wait for the next ep....
Aug 11, 2012 3:38 PM

Jan 2009
Well, disappointed in how little exposure PoH, XaXa and Johnny got. Hell, XaXa didn't even get his own voice actor, while PoH and Johnny were just credited as "Laughing Coffin". Poor guys.
Not that they got that much attention in this part of the LN either, but hey, more than nothing.
Anyway, I like how this arc was handled, despite its flaws.

Looking forward to mah Liz next week <3
Protip: I don't really check the forums anymore, so if you want something, take it on my profile.
Is it time for my long-awaited return to the forums? щ(゚Д゚щ) Nope™, probably not.
Aug 11, 2012 3:39 PM

Jan 2008
9:20 "I'm willing to bet my virginity that it was Grimlock." really fansubbers? did he really say that?
Aug 11, 2012 3:42 PM

Sep 2011
SwordWielder said:
9:20 "I'm willing to bet my virginity that it was Grimlock." really fansubbers? did he really say that?

Wait til UTW release, then we'll see.
Aug 11, 2012 3:43 PM

Jan 2012
And the murder story is finally revealed. It was much simpler than i though. Well, great episode in any case. Looking forward to next one.

Aug 11, 2012 3:43 PM

Sep 2009
I'm the fan of LN's myself but I really don't understand people who complain about the adaptation. It's one of the best I saw. I just don't want to read once more the typical lecture why the books cannot be adapted perfectly.
Aug 11, 2012 3:45 PM

Aug 2012
Love how they're setting up Asuna and Kirito's relationship :)) 5/5
Aug 11, 2012 3:56 PM

Jan 2012
Uninteresting story but the relationship between asuna and kirito is developing so i can't complain too much
Aug 11, 2012 3:57 PM

Jul 2011
dam, i really hate myself, i like the anime but i can't help but feel that it is inferior to the LN, i mean the Light Novel was so much better compared to this but all in all the episode was good 5/5 i like the way they are building up kirito's relationship, introduced the marriage system and laughing coffin, im sad they didn't introduce heathcliff though i was waiting for him to show up but hey, it was kinda cool how they introduced PoH the leader of the most infamous red guild and how kirito came riding along with his horse, there was a nice bit if foreshadowing to that in episode 4 where he was wearing spurs

anyway, this episode explains a lot of the last episode at how all the character emotions felt so forced at the end, when they were actually acting the whole time just to trick schmitt who was the main suspect

im looking forward to the next episode and lizbets debut
Aug 11, 2012 4:00 PM

Dec 2011
SwordWielder said:

I wanted to point out that too.

But anyways, I kinda liked this episode. 5/5.
And it was cute when Asuna talked about marriage.
OG-3Aug 11, 2012 4:08 PM
Aug 11, 2012 4:01 PM

May 2011
Was an "ok"episode, me think 3.3/5 ...
Aug 11, 2012 4:01 PM
Aug 2009
Jeez they cut out the scene I was most looking forward to, the scene with Laughing Coffin that practically leads into everything that happened in Volume 5+. I'm guessing this anime has no plans for a season 2 with GGO and Underworld. And Heartcliff scene too ;;
Aug 11, 2012 4:03 PM

Jul 2009
soooo... do we get the main story next week? some awesome action?
Aug 11, 2012 4:04 PM
Feb 2012
And here Asuna randomly falls in love....
Boring episode.
That ED picture was unnecessary.
Aug 11, 2012 4:10 PM

Jul 2011
lolzteez said:
It's show time?
To be honest I'm kinda disappointed by this episode's portrayal of PoH. I always imagined him as a carefree american teenager (iirc the novel described him as a Caucasian).

iknowright

i always thought of him as a mad american teenager, especially when he was the first one who decapitated and killed a player

this episode made him seem like a boring old man when i pictured him more as kirito's age and that will be his mortal enemy that will plague him later on

even in the LN he had more of grin on his face when he was approaching them

http://www.baka-tsuki.org/project/images/7/77/Sword_Art_Online_Vol_08_-_181.jpg
i also didn't like the way they cut out their lines and how they swore to get payback on kirito
i just hope they won't disappoint with heathcliff......surely they won't fail on him

SwordWielder said:

i was seriously confused when i read that, i really think that its just the fansubbers taking the piss
ZeroKamikazeAug 11, 2012 4:20 PM
Aug 11, 2012 4:11 PM

Aug 2008
What a fucked up husband. His reason is just trash nonsense.
"My wife becomes greater than she used to be, so I have to kill her now"
Really, DAFUQ?

Overall, the mystery was interesting though.

We need Kirito and Asuna as a couple soon.

SwordWielder said:

I'm willing to bet my virginity that he didn't say that.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
KaitoDashAug 11, 2012 4:14 PM
Aug 11, 2012 4:27 PM

Dec 2011
This anime keeps getting more interesting, It kinda reminds me of Dr.House, a random incident made him realize the pattern of the little show they made. It's pretty cool to see Kirito and Asuna bond a bit more.
All in all a good episode, can't wait for the next one.
Aug 11, 2012 4:29 PM
Feb 2012
I imagined Asuna differently after reading 4 Novels.
I had no pictures in my PDF files.
Aug 11, 2012 4:30 PM

May 2010
This had me saying for real? at some part but the ending was soo Good.

Now the Qustion in my head is, did Asuna get that wedlock ring?
Aug 11, 2012 4:39 PM
Sep 2011
Why is crunchyroll suddenly delayed by a week on SOA?
Anyway obvious murder mystery is obvious, I predicted that they weren't really dead and had just teleported last week after all you aren't going to die from just one dagger in your back. What I didn't predict is who actually killed the wife person, that was a decent plot twist but I admit the reason I didn't suspect Heathcliff was because he was to obvious.
So wait she made the killer really obvious which in turn made him hard to find as I thought he wouldn't be the killer because he was so obvious, does that mean that he was a well hidden villain or a to obvious villain.
I quite liked the laughing coffin in what very little exposure they had in this episode and hopes to the fact they get more because they are semi important to the plot.

Overall I love murder mysteries so I really did like these two episodes but lets hope the next episode gets back to the main plot :)
Aug 11, 2012 4:43 PM

Jun 2010
mdz said:
At least it took two episodes.

^This

Asuna is making up for all the shit in SAO Anime...

Oosran said:
Well, disappointed in how little exposure PoH, XaXa and Johnny got. Hell, XaXa didn't even get his own voice actor, while PoH and Johnny were just credited as "Laughing Coffin". Poor guys.
Not that they got that much attention in this part of the LN either, but hey, more than nothing.

And this LOL.
Aug 11, 2012 4:44 PM

Jan 2008
Entire episode was pretty much just foreshadowing the marriage system... I guess...? Also, DAT ENDING ARTWORK PIC.
Aug 11, 2012 4:50 PM
Feb 2012
Eh? Marriage? I wonder why.
Why is SHE telling that to HIM.
Yeah.
You don;t have to read VN to know what'll happen.
Aug 11, 2012 4:53 PM

Jan 2008
NNick said:
Eh? Marriage? I wonder why.
Why is SHE telling that to HIM.
Yeah.
You don;t have to read VN to know what'll happen.

I'd say it's pretty obvious by the opening and even the lyrics of the song to back it up. And the person above my previous post signature. /lolwuuuuuuutt????
Aug 11, 2012 4:56 PM
Feb 2012
WHAT ARE YOU IMPLYING????
I DON'T UNDERSTAND!

Genres: Action, Adventure, Fantasy, Game, Romance
May 2012
After all this a side story that lacks excitement so its best if its short.I still looking forward to see the anime returns to the story track.After all, after the sao virtual game clearing they will go back to the real world adventure.But still the anime has its own uniqueness.

Apr 2012
kamikaze_1996 said:

SwordWielder said:

i was seriously confused when i read that, i really think that its just the fansubbers taking the piss

^This.
Also, Commie translates that passage with "Ten to one it wasn't Grimlock, it was Kains."
Basically the same meaning even though still quite wrong to say it like HorribleSubs did plus that Kains part is missing, which shows that Kirito knows who that "culprit" was and when you listen closely to Kirito he says "Kains" in that passage as well at the end. But what do I know, I don't speak any Japanese.
Maybe I should wait for future episodes for Commie but ah, I know I can't..^^
Aug 11, 2012 4:58 PM

Jun 2012
I felt the murder mystery was dragging and story to it wasn't that great but other than that it was a decent enough 4/5
Aug 11, 2012 4:59 PM
Feb 2009
MARRIAGE MARRIAGE MARRIAGE !!!!!! :)
Aug 11, 2012 5:00 PM

Nov 2011
when Kirito figured it out... all i could say: well played 5/5 cuz the blue chick left alive
Pages (10) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» Overall do you enjoy watching SAO? What do you like about it? :) ( 1 2 )

Rinrinka - Apr 15

72 by katnissmaezie »»
May 16, 1:05 AM

» What even is SAO anymore? ( 1 2 )

Jason-Skyrunner - Apr 27

53 by soli1239 »»
May 6, 8:27 PM

» We need a reboot

Superninjaboy2 - Mar 15

32 by Jason-Skyrunner »»
May 1, 5:20 PM

Poll: » Sword Art Online Episode 23 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

bippo - Dec 8, 2012

480 by amf85 »»
Apr 27, 5:20 PM

Poll: » Sword Art Online Episode 19 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Nov 10, 2012

680 by amf85 »»
Apr 27, 2:32 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.