Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 8, 2012 9:18 AM

May 2012
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Another fantastic episode but the ending is so sad! Why did Ayu disappeared? :'(
Great episode I really loved Ayu in this anime sad that she's gone...
Sep 13, 2012 7:11 AM

Feb 2008
The whole Yuuichi x Ayu thing was kinda rushed. We barely saw her in the previous episodes while Yuuichi was flirting with all those girls, and now he loves her and they kissed.

"Your sight, my delight. Will you marry me?"
Apr 26, 2013 5:16 PM

Jan 2013
The one thing this version has over the remake is the nice love confession between the two.
Other than that, it's more rushed.
Dec 15, 2014 2:53 AM

May 2011
Everything was considerably superficial in this episode. The romance was out of a sudden pushed into the context, without significant prior development and the entire episode was just so to justify the supernatural context behind Ayu's backstory. While this episode did serve to intrigue me and watch on, considering that Ayu just disappear like that without an explanation; I can't help but deny everything was exceptionally forced since episode 9, even if I consider Ayu's arc to likely be the best story out there. (she is the main girl, after all.)
Once again, I am voicing my opinions based on no prior experience with the 2006 anime nor the VN, thus the lack of development in this anime might just be a plot device or an inferiority of this anime, I am uncertain. I wonder if they will touch upon Nayuse, or they just make it a love triangle sort of in concurrent with Ayu's arc for this series.
"If you reject me, I'll blast a hole in you!" Kanzaki H. Aria
Just kidding.

Jul 7, 2017 5:31 PM

Nov 2016
I enjoyed this episode, even though it was really rushed how they dealt with Yuichis and Ayus relationship.

And why did Ayu disappear ?

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Aug 22, 2019 12:58 PM
Apr 2019
Best episode so far, although I agree with the opinion that the whole story was kind of rushed.

I think Ayu was a ghost and her body is buried in the forest where she disappeared at the end of the episode. She died after Yuuichi left the town, but her ghost couldn't left the place until she could see Yuuichi once more and say she loved him. It was Yuuichi what she was looking for.

Of course, there could be another explanation, but I like this one.
Jan 24, 2021 2:49 AM

Oct 2007
poor Nayuki, looks like the childhood friend route lose. Although she's also an incest route.. which is not good relationship.

Ayu must be digging hard. Her mittens are torn. Best episode so far.
Aug 15, 2023 12:17 PM

Nov 2010
That kiss came out of nowhere!

Remake did this much better since it had more episodes to work with, but I still don't understand why Yuuichi fell for Ayu. She's not interesting as a love interest. Mai, Nayuki (wincest!), and Makoto (if she didn't die) are better choices.
Mar 7, 8:36 PM

Jul 2023
That was random for Ayu to kiss Yuuichi. Anyway, another supernatural stuff. She simply disappeared without a trace. Don't tell me she's just a memory all along.

Why should Nayuki be jealous if he is only his cousin? Unless she is in love with him, and that he is not actually a relative.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kanon Episode 13 Discussion

xel - Jun 7, 2008

28 by patkarunungan »»
Mar 8, 8:36 PM

Poll: » Kanon Episode 12 Discussion

RafaelDeJongh - Aug 8, 2012

7 by patkarunungan »»
Mar 8, 3:16 PM

Poll: » Kanon Episode 10 Discussion

Dodecahedron-O24 - Oct 31, 2011

14 by patkarunungan »»
Mar 6, 7:47 PM

Poll: » Kanon Episode 9 Discussion

RafaelDeJongh - Aug 8, 2012

7 by patkarunungan »»
Mar 6, 3:18 PM

Poll: » Kanon Episode 8 Discussion

Mizore951 - May 13, 2011

10 by patkarunungan »»
Mar 6, 3:43 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.