Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Sword Art Online (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (15) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »
Aug 4, 2012 6:44 PM

Mar 2008
Even if it's going fast I find this show very good. I wonder how the PKing in safe zones is going on.
Aug 4, 2012 6:45 PM

Jan 2008
.. the hell did i just watch? it seems like they're rushing so much that i don't understand storylines .-.
Aug 4, 2012 6:46 PM
Dec 2010
Seems like a proper story has finally started
Aug 4, 2012 6:48 PM

Nov 2009
AoiMemori said:
.. the hell did i just watch? it seems like they're rushing so much that i don't understand storylines .-.

typical comment, I have seen a few hundreds like the above around here for a while ...

someone plz creates a thread explaining what the heck is happening for those who haven't read novel or wouldn't even mind to search the previous pages/episode threads.
Aug 4, 2012 6:49 PM

Feb 2012
Hybridbloodszak said:
If Kirito is a solo player what is he doing cooperating with other guilds on the front lines? Does it mean he just temporarily works with people when needed? Not too much of a big deal but whatev, however, I'm really liking this detective mystery mini arc so far. Was baffled when we just suddenly saw Asuna again with no fanfare since she is the main heroine of the series but this episode made up for it with the excellent rapport between Kirito and Asuna. The seiyuu make Kirito and Asuna have really good chemistry with each other and it's a joy to see these two interact together.

Other Thoughts

Was a little confused with the girls freakout at the end because it didn't make sense to why she was doing it. I'll definitely have to watch it again to see why she broke down all of a sudden

The OP and ED are starting to really grow on me after a couple of episodes( though I liked them both already)

Most of the time people group together once the boss room is found because the bosses are simply to strong for 1 player to do it all.
Aug 4, 2012 6:49 PM

Feb 2012
E10phoenix said:
Seems like a proper story has finally started

Nope still a side story no "proper" story yet sorry.
Aug 4, 2012 6:55 PM

Jul 2012
I feel like the traditional 24 minute episode per week format isn't lending itself well to telling the story. Whilst it may not be viable, I think a format like Hellsing Ultimate, with 45 minute episodes would make this anime really great. That might help to alleviate some of the pacing issues and cuts made for the sake of time.

This episode was pretty good. I was glad to see Asuna back, although surprised that so much has happened with her character in the blink of an eye. As someone who hasn't read the LN, it seemed like some massive chunk of character development was cut out. People are saying these episodes are like flashbacks of side stories? That's fine, but it seems a little strange to flashback from a point in time we haven't even seen once yet in the anime.

On a side note, people are complaining about ass shots? What?? Panties or it doesn't count. I didn't even notice them, because I was looking at the character's faces and listening to what they were saying...
Aug 4, 2012 6:57 PM

Jul 2012
I was confused at first, asuna suddenly re-appeared again, i don't know whats happening now ://
and . I knew it, the girl will die -__-"

Calling.. Shinichi Kudo. Haha.
Aug 4, 2012 6:59 PM

Jun 2007
The only good part of this ep was the bro shop keep guy.
Aug 4, 2012 7:01 PM

Feb 2012
Rainbow-Dash said:

Egil?
Aug 4, 2012 7:04 PM

Jun 2007
MidnightPride said:
Rainbow-Dash said:

Egil?

I guess that's what his name was.
Aug 4, 2012 7:08 PM
Dec 2010
Dropped. 5 episodes up.
Aug 4, 2012 7:11 PM

Oct 2009
1. What happened to the art? Inconsistent. Awkward attempts to provide fan server. Awkward animation.

2. The characters ... they aren't portrayed the same way they were in the novels ... or at least in my reading. No where near approached the Kirito X Asuna charisma from the novels.

3. The game systems aren't half as interesting in visual form. Kirito internal monologue style would be so much fucking better for SAO. That's how you adapt light novels. Haruhi was pretty efficient in the way they used internal narration/monologue.

Oh wells. The other side stories adaptation already made me lose all hope. A whole episode on the Reindeer story? Why would you bother animating that at the beginning. No body cares about Kirito yet. Scillica? The Aincrad world isn't properly explained to the viewers yet. Why would you randomly introduce the player division and PK?
YanofliesAug 4, 2012 7:17 PM
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 4, 2012 7:13 PM

Nov 2011
Why do I have a strange feeling that Yoruko herself is the culprit?
Aug 4, 2012 7:14 PM

Feb 2012
Where are you guys seeing fan service? I most have missed something I don't remember anything other then asuna's drool which can hardly be considered fan service. Even in the SAO Club when there was a Fan Service spoiler I didn't notice anything that was Fan Service-ish
Aug 4, 2012 7:15 PM

Feb 2012
Stark700 said:
Why do I have a strange feeling that Yoruko herself is the culprit?

I got the same feeling but, then she "died"
Aug 4, 2012 7:15 PM

May 2010
sigh.. this anime is boring. whatever the main story is supposed to be about.... it better happen soon.
Aug 4, 2012 7:22 PM

Oct 2009
MidnightPride said:
Where are you guys seeing fan service? I most have missed something I don't remember anything other then asuna's drool which can hardly be considered fan service. Even in the SAO Club when there was a Fan Service spoiler I didn't notice anything that was Fan Service-ish

Erm ... not-so-natural (awkward) shots of buttocks, almost-an-up-skirt-shot of Asuna, more random buttocks. When characters are talking to each other ... you don't pan the camera to the girl's ass.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 4, 2012 7:26 PM

Feb 2012
Yanoflies said:
MidnightPride said:

Erm ... not-so-natural (awkward) shots of buttocks, almost-an-up-skirt-shot of Asuna, more random buttocks. When characters are talking to each other ... you don't pan the camera to the girl's ass.

Then they didn't do fan service to good lol. I didn't notice any real fan service at all. ._> anyways Fan Service don't belong in SAO they can animate a 30 minute hentai special of SAO covering 16.5 if they want to go into Fan Service :|
Aug 4, 2012 7:29 PM

Feb 2010
Geez, either people complain about the adaptation leaving out things from the novel or they complain that it's not going fast enough. Either way, people need something to complain about. I have read the novel (what's out at least) and I have been very pleased thus far. Of course, I go into adaptations with an open mind because unlike many, I try to enjoy anime as much as possible, and taking stuff out to fit an anime doesn't seem like grounds for me to complain unless it severely hurts the story.

The whole camel toe thing was the thing I disliked. It kept showing it like it was saying "hey, look how tight my pants are."
Aug 4, 2012 7:31 PM

Feb 2012
Goatee said:
Geez, either people complain about the adaptation leaving out things from the novel or they complain that it's not going fast enough. Either way, people need something to complain about. I have read the novel (what's out at least) and I have been very pleased thus far. Of course, I go into adaptations with an open mind because unlike many, I try to enjoy anime as much as possible, and taking stuff out to fit an anime doesn't seem like grounds for me to complain unless it severely hurts the story.

The whole camel toe thing was the thing I disliked. It kept showing it like it was saying "hey, look how tight my pants are."
Goatee said:

If we have learned anything it's that people will bitch about something in everything no matter what it is.
Aug 4, 2012 7:39 PM

Jan 2009
so much complains on this thread.... just call WHINE-ONE-ONE!!!

anyway good episode for me
Aug 4, 2012 7:40 PM

Jun 2008
lol @ this thread. If we were all playing an mmo together with real life/deaths, I'm sure it'll be game over in a flash xD
Aug 4, 2012 7:48 PM

Apr 2008
Finally we get to the original first meeting between Kirito and Asuna. Good stuff.

I hadn't read this side story yet, so I'm not even sure what's missing or what's been improved upon. At least it's more than one episode.

We're running out of side stories that took place before the lion's share of the first LN so hopefully the real fun will soon begin. I kinda wish there was a countdown until Yui appears.
Aug 4, 2012 7:53 PM

Jan 2012
Well... that was kinda lame and boring...
Aug 4, 2012 8:08 PM

Jun 2012
ReflectiveShards said:
Um...I have a question.

Or

Was Yoruko just psycho-crazy talking?

EXACTLY! That's why I was confused when she broke down
Please reply =)
Aug 4, 2012 8:10 PM

Oct 2010
I am pretty glad to hear of the complaints. So far all pan out to mines more or less. One thing they should have done is stack all this as OVAS DAMN IT! The flow is no good and that's a big flaw TBH. Seems the side stories are less memorable like that IMO.
Paarthaawi said:
NNick said:
Decent show, not 10/10, at least so far, or even 9, but i'll watch it for the same reason i watched Guilty Crown ,which is - i don even know why.

Love The OP song though.

I love the OP too, LiSA is amazing, one of the reasons that I’m watching SAO.
The song truly makes sound to ears amazing.

- BLOG - My Club- Easiest way to reach the rest of my thoughts!
Aug 4, 2012 8:17 PM

May 2012
as long as Asuna is there... 5/5!
[/URL]
Aug 4, 2012 8:19 PM

Nov 2011
oh why? Adaptation failure every episodes. Even though I liked the LN, this is turning generic. Though, not enough to drop my score yet.
"Why do I always realize it... when I've already lost it..." -Guts, Berserk
"Some things are beautiful because they cannot be obtained." -Gilgamesh, Fate/stay night
"We are constantly living in a peaceful world that somebody else won for us. Even if it were only a day of peace, I will be grateful for its value." - Minashiro Tsubaki, FAFNER
"Screw you, future me!" -Makise Kurisu, Steins;Gate
"We used to show off by waging wars and whatnot." -Watashi, Jinrui wa Suitai Shimashita
"Call me Moses. I'm going to part the sea of students before your eyes." -Moses?, Valvrave
"Time is guilty." -Andō & Tomoyo, INOU-Battle
Aug 4, 2012 8:25 PM

Aug 2011
Shinryuken said:
dat fanservice

Reason why I'm disliking this show more and more.
Aug 4, 2012 8:31 PM

Oct 2009

Nice Butts Online
--UTW
LunaAug 4, 2012 9:39 PM
Aug 4, 2012 8:32 PM

Aug 2012
This episode was a little droll.

I liked that they tried to slow it down but this was kinda overdoing it. It might have helped to have disconnected scenes from other parts of the novel inserted while they explained their rationale.

But at the very least, we now know this will be a 2-part arc so I can't wait to see how they wrap it up.
Aug 4, 2012 8:32 PM
Jul 2009
Asuna mooeeeeeeeee!
Aug 4, 2012 8:35 PM

Aug 2012
Oh, and the introduction of Asuna was good, so high marks :)
Aug 4, 2012 8:42 PM

Feb 2012
Yanoflies said:

lol
Aug 4, 2012 9:19 PM

Jan 2011
Asuna's finally back, yeaaaaaaaaah! Loved at the start how Kirito and Asuna didn't have the same opinions during that meeting. They didn't get along well together haha. Then when they showed up together in front of Agil's shop, I laughed so hard when Agil became scared shitless. xD Agil's a pretty awesome character. He's an item merchant and is able to identify all types of swords. :D Have to admit, the Guilty Thorn sword looks dope.

Scene with Asuna and Kirito was really nice. Loved how fluid the animation is. Asuna sneezing is so damn cute rofl. Asuna's a tsundere now. :DD Also liked how Kirito was (probably) unintentionally mocking Asuna with how he should call her by.

Grimlock seems like a very shady character, with glasses haha. At first I thought Yoruko was behind Kain's death, I mean she seemed quite suspicious. Then again she went berserk due to an emotional breakdown before she eventually got stabbed by a dagger.

Seems like this is 'arc' is gonna continue in the next episode of 'Detective Conan Art Online'. These side-stories are nice but I would prefer to actually see them progress further in the higher floors.

@Yanoflies: Lmao, those ass scenes. I didn't really notice them, but I probably will now. xD
LucarioDudeAug 4, 2012 9:28 PM
Aug 4, 2012 9:22 PM

Sep 2011
Lol. Yoruko fking creepy near the end going all crazy, and then gets killed
Aug 4, 2012 9:29 PM

Mar 2012
ReflectiveShards said:
Um...I have a question.

Or

Please reply =)

She is just panicking from fear. PTSD and anxiety can cause this in RL.

This episode is actually quite lacking. I was expecting the Author to take advantage of his setup as a MMO, but instead he wasted all that and focus on murder cases, which any good old mystery anime like Conon already do all the time. If I want to watch murder mystery, i will watch Conan. We are here to watch MMO adventure! What a waste of potential.... 3/10

Author better set this series straight and actually take advantage of the MMO adventure aspect soon or this will become one of those all hook, but no substance anime.
Aug 4, 2012 9:34 PM

May 2011
Bah, more and more people dying. Good stuff.
Aug 4, 2012 9:42 PM
Apr 2011
lindsayzzz said:
Asuna's finally back, yeaaaaaaaaah! Loved at the start how Kirito and Asuna didn't have the same opinions during that meeting. They didn't get along well together haha. Then when they showed up together in front of Agil's shop, I laughed so hard when Agil became scared shitless. xD

I wouldn't say Egil was *scared* per se. More perplexed at how Kirito and Asuna are together when they clearly were at odds with each other before.

Agil's a pretty awesome character. He's an item merchant and is able to identify all types of swords. :D Have to admit, the Guilty Thorn sword looks dope

I feel they animated it wrong, but Guilty Thorn is a short spear (I kinda wish they had elongated the handle more than they did because it really does look like a sword >.>)

Seems like this is 'arc' is gonna continue in the next episode of 'Detective ConanArt Online'. These side-stories are nice but I would prefer to actually see them progress further in the higher floors.

The only floor that received an almost full explanation of the boss fight (aside from the first floor boss) was the fight on the 74th floor - which I hope to god they animate properly, because that fight was amazing in the novels. So I doubt they'll show any of the other bosses before that one
Aug 4, 2012 9:42 PM

Jul 2011
leeo268 said:
ReflectiveShards said:
Um...I have a question.

Or

Please reply =)

She is just panicking from fear. PTSD and anxiety can cause this in RL.

This episode is actually quite lacking. I was expecting the Author to take advantage of his setup as a MMO, but instead he wasted all that and focus on murder cases, which any good old mystery anime like Conon already do all the time. If I want to watch murder mystery, i will watch Conan. We are here to watch MMO adventure! What a waste of potential.... 3/10

Author better set this series straight and actually take advantage of the MMO adventure aspect soon or this will become one of those all hook, but no substance anime.

I found the episode to be pretty good, but I also understand why some people disliked the episode. However, you can count on it that the next episode should be more entertaining and bring back 'MMO' aspects.

Aug 4, 2012 9:43 PM

Jul 2012
lindsayzzz said:
Asuna's finally back, yeaaaaaaaaah! Loved at the start how Kirito and Asuna didn't have the same opinions during that meeting. They didn't get along well together haha. Then when they showed up together in front of Agil's shop, I laughed so hard when Agil became scared shitless. xD Agil's a pretty awesome character. He's an item merchant and is able to identify all types of swords. :D Have to admit, the Guilty Thorn sword looks dope.

You know... It looks like a sword, but the translations say it's a spear so I'm not sure. Agil is pretty awesome, but I don't know why they call him 'Egil' instead of 'Agil'.
TheDoubleEdgedAug 4, 2012 9:53 PM
Fan of the series? Check us out!
Aug 4, 2012 9:54 PM

May 2010
Yumekichi11 said:
I am pretty glad to hear of the complaints. So far all pan out to mines more or less. One thing they should have done is stack all this as OVAS DAMN IT! The flow is no good and that's a big flaw TBH. Seems the side stories are less memorable like that IMO.
Paarthaawi said:
NNick said:
Decent show, not 10/10, at least so far, or even 9, but i'll watch it for the same reason i watched Guilty Crown ,which is - i don even know why.

Love The OP song though.

I love the OP too, LiSA is amazing, one of the reasons that I’m watching SAO.
The song truly makes sound to ears amazing.

This ^
Aug 4, 2012 9:54 PM

Sep 2011
Next week
Aug 4, 2012 10:16 PM

May 2011
Yay I've been waiting to see more of Asuna for a while now and this episode was fun to watch. She was really cute throughout that whole sleeping scene and oh god her sneeze was just adorable. And this type of relationship Asuna has with Kirito right now is just great and fun to watch.

Good to see Agil again and oooh so he is a pretty close friend of Kirito's. This guy is just so chill and cool lol.
Aug 4, 2012 10:19 PM
Oct 2008
Can anyone tell me why Kirito wanted to stab himself?
Aug 4, 2012 10:22 PM
Apr 2011
omg nice ass!
Aug 4, 2012 10:40 PM

Mar 2010
eathb said:
Can anyone tell me why Kirito wanted to stab himself?

My Blog: Due2Life

Aug 4, 2012 10:45 PM

Mar 2011
Awesome ep again.Can't wait for the next week .
Aug 4, 2012 10:59 PM

Oct 2008
The moment I saw Asuna in the first minute, I knew this episode would be good!!
They did a good job setting up the setting this time (unlike episode 3 with the Black Cats) and the atmosphere certainly helped set up a situation of danger and anxiety.

I'm also assuming that they will continue this story next episode.

Asuna, I see the possbility of the next Homura in you. Don't let me down like Kuroyukihime.
Pages (15) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» Overall do you enjoy watching SAO? What do you like about it? :) ( 1 2 )

Rinrinka - Apr 15

72 by katnissmaezie »»
May 16, 1:05 AM

» What even is SAO anymore? ( 1 2 )

Jason-Skyrunner - Apr 27

53 by soli1239 »»
May 6, 8:27 PM

» We need a reboot

Superninjaboy2 - Mar 15

32 by Jason-Skyrunner »»
May 1, 5:20 PM

Poll: » Sword Art Online Episode 23 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

bippo - Dec 8, 2012

480 by amf85 »»
Apr 27, 5:20 PM

Poll: » Sword Art Online Episode 19 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Nov 10, 2012

680 by amf85 »»
Apr 27, 2:32 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.