Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Jul 30, 2012 1:25 AM
May 2012
You can pick more than one because I have more than one favourite character. My favourites are Hinata, Fujimaki and TK.I really like Otonashi but find him a bit boring as a main character. I love Hinata and his friendly personality, Fujimaki is very underrated. He's a cool guy. I also love how in the English dub these two remind me of Tomoya and Akio as they both have the same voice actors.
TK, he's retarded but that's why he makes it to my favourites list!
WinterSnowflakeMay 3, 2013 3:08 AM
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Jul 30, 2012 10:31 AM

May 2012
Shiina ...

I don't really know why I like her lol.
Jul 30, 2012 6:48 PM

Oct 2011
Torn between Hinata and Naoi...

Hinata's just a very good friend. He lightens the mood with his gay jokes with Otanashi and geniuinely cares about him. I love that scene where he covers Otonashi's eyes when Matsushita(? at least I think it was him) is cut to pieces by a laser. And they were still practically strangers then!

I loved Naoi from his first appearance, and I gotta admit a part of that is due to his being voiced by Ogata Megumi (love love love her. She voices the best boys!) But I also like his special powers, and I love his back story to death. So sad and lonely! The scene where Otonashi hugged Naoi and acknowledged him is one of my favourites of the anime.
Aug 6, 2012 9:10 PM

Apr 2012
Naoi keeps reminding me of a nazi ._.
Aug 11, 2012 1:39 PM

Oct 2011
CodeXen said:

lmao!
I hope that doesn't make me a nazi in your eyes O_o
Aug 12, 2012 4:36 AM

Jul 2012
Kanade and TK
Aug 12, 2012 4:39 AM

Nov 2011
TK. Kanade is a bad Rei clone and Yuri is a bad Haruhi clone. Oh yeah! I said it.
The Art of Eight
Aug 12, 2012 4:41 AM

Aug 2012

'Dancing in the shadows."
'Knockin on heaven's door"

Definitely TK.
Aug 18, 2012 5:52 AM

Feb 2012
TK was cool and certainly unique, but he didn't do enough... I think Hinata was the best of the bunch, he founded the SSS and also played a key part as well as sticking around till the end. He also had the whole dynamic with Otonashi and then the confession with Yui was one of the best parts in the show.
Aug 20, 2012 11:51 PM
Aug 2012
TK from the minor characters just because he the funniest person whenever hes on screen.

From the main characters, its a probably yuri. Her back story was tearful and i loved he behavior and interactions with the other characters.
Aug 20, 2012 11:54 PM

Mar 2009
Probably Yuri or TK.
Aug 21, 2012 12:02 AM

May 2010
TK
Aug 21, 2012 3:05 PM

Aug 2011
Shiina for that over 9000 scene.
Aug 30, 2012 3:32 AM

Aug 2012
TK was so funny. But he didn't do anything else except appearing out of context.
Hinata was probably one of the best supporting cast. Alogn with Naoi later on, that I liked a lot even if people here seemed to hate him.

I would like Key to remake this anime like Kanon was, and flesh it out in a 24/25/26 episodes season. It seemed rushed at some points.

Aug 31, 2012 6:18 AM

Aug 2010
for me it's Hinata and Iwasawa....
Hinata because he's funny yet he's kind and cares about his friends...
Iwasawa i like how strong she is and that she insisted to sing the song she always wanted....
Sep 6, 2012 7:11 AM

Apr 2012
Takamatsu ftw. With stoic appearance + ripped chest he is deploying the highest amount of awesomness in AB.
Sep 8, 2012 10:37 PM
Sep 2012
My favorites are Kanade, Yuzuru, Yuri and TK. :)

Kanade because she tries to help the other students even though she is misunderstood. She is kind, caring and cute! :D

Yuzuru because of his devotion to live for others and his heroic acts in the train station.

Yuri because she is an awesome leader! Her "punishments" are scary! XD

TK because of his rad dance moves and superb dialogue!:P
Sep 8, 2012 10:59 PM

Sep 2011
While I thought Yuzuru, Kanade, Yurippe, Naoi, and Hinata worked as fun protagonists, I can't really find myself calling one of them as a favourite.

Gonna have to go with Iwasawa. She barely showed up much, but her character left such an impact in which her early end at the start set a lot of plot elements into motion. Also the simplicity of her character as a strong-willed music lover as well as her ability to avoid dwelling in her misfortunes made her bearable despite her tragic past.
ronriSep 8, 2012 11:02 PM
Sep 9, 2012 4:59 AM
Aug 2012
yui ! Because i love pink haired girl, ahaha, nooo.
its like. i dont know what to do, if I met someone like him. of course, everyone can say ' i'm going to make her happy '. but, it would be really difficult right? i just don't know what to do. and i'm sure yui happy, when he is free from the state while still alive. and yui finally able to do what he could not do.Yui might just be laughing, if saw me say this very seriously, she just makes me don't know what should i do
so,, I just love the pink haired girl. XD
Sep 22, 2012 7:00 AM

Sep 2012
TK Rulles is the moore funny character and he have the best quotes my favorite was "Hey oh check this out its a moonwalk its a moonwalk its a headspin" and "Whoa dancing in the shadow...I kiss you".

Tk forever!!!!
Sep 24, 2012 2:07 AM

Oct 2011
cant believe i never replied here before.

IWASAWA FTW!!! Followed by Shiina and Yurippe. Besides Shiina, the other two are really inspirational characters, and I like Shiina mainly cause she's cute.
Sep 24, 2012 2:22 AM

Jul 2012
TK,
Why I like him? Because he is TK, no other explanation necessary.

and Hinata he is hilarious.
[url=http://myanimelist.net/animelist/Num1dad_Asura]
[/url]
Click Here for Sig source
Sep 24, 2012 6:26 AM

Sep 2012
I loved Takeyama, but I'd say that Kanade was my favorite.
Sep 25, 2012 8:40 AM
Sep 2012
For the humor, definately TK.

For the emotion, definately Iwasawa.

For choosing one of the main characters, definately Yuri as her backstory is what really set the tone of the other's backstories.
clammerSep 27, 2012 8:21 AM
Sep 27, 2012 8:17 AM
Aug 2012
I like all of the characters to be honest!! This anime really had great likeable characters (all of them) and I think it is kind of a loss that it was so short and especially towards the end the disappearances were really rushed. I would like to highlight a few:

- Yui: Initially she is actually a character I found rather annoying, but after seeing episode 10, I began to really understand her character (and only when she disappears :(
-Yuri: I must say, Yuri is a much more likeable Haruhi, she resembles Haruhi in a lot of ways and as I came towards the end of this anime I found myself wishing Haruhi was more like her rather than her sentimental self, though I guess it wouldn't be fitting to theme of Haruhi Suzumiya(which I still am not really sure about)
-Kanade: Who wouldn't? She is very likeable and adorable, I could tell from the beginning that she wasn't necessarily the villain. I think it is a real loss that she didn't get much if any backstory at all, the series could also have been lengthened for her character development among others.
-Yuzuru: Such a great guy hands down, there is nothing to not to like about him
-Hinata: A really great friend that anyone would hope for.
-Naoi: As much as people tend to not like him, to me he appeared to be quite a misguided but otherwise a rather nice kid.
Nov 20, 2012 4:43 AM

May 2012
Necro-sama said:

'Dancing in the shadows."
'Knockin on heaven's door"

Definitely TK.

T.K. As well here.

"Don't stop dancing."
"Chop chop chop chop." XD
「飾って笑った笑顔の裏に
泣いて崩れた君がいたんだね
なおも君は笑ってくれたね
こんな僕を支えてくれてありがと」

Nov 25, 2012 3:01 PM

Sep 2011
Yui and Hinata.

CodeXen said:

LOL Me too.

Nov 25, 2012 3:04 PM
Jul 2012
Yuri,Kanade, and Iwasawa are my favorites
Nov 25, 2012 10:18 PM

Nov 2012
Minor characters:
Takamatsu (i like how he pretends to be civilized when he's actually quite dumb)
TK (rap)
Shiina

Main characters:
Yuri
Kanade
Yui (-nyan!)
Nov 27, 2012 10:23 AM
Nov 2012
otonashi yuzuru. because in episode 7 and when he confessed i saw myself in him
we are ridiculously close as personalities
Feb 23, 2013 12:36 AM
Dec 2012
Angel Beats is (next to a few) the only anime where i like almost all the characters.
in my opinion, Hinata is the best. he's the perfect friend and i couldn't hold all of my tears back for what he did for yui.
But the most awesome character would be otonashi-kun of course. His story touched me so much. those two are boys you wouldn't find that easily in our world.
i like Noda a lot too, he's my 3rd place and Naoi the 4th, without a particular reason. he's handsome and that's it.
my favourite girls are, in that order
1. tenshi (kaneda)
2. Yuri
3. Yui

and boys, as already mentioned.
1. hinata
2. otonashi
3. Noda
4. naoi
Mar 20, 2013 8:34 AM

Jun 2009
Nakamura Yuri

She is charismatic as hell!

Despite her usual bitchy/pushy personality, the whole of SSS know that there is a struggling, feminine, yet strong girl behind the facade. They're all attracted to, and adore her greatly, she's is both an appealing girl and a charismatic leader to SSS battle front.

She can also fight. Though she may not fight as well as the likes of Shiina and Kanade, she have her wits to make up for her lack of fighting ability. She analyze and react the situations, as well as planning how to win ahead of fights. (As seen during her fight with Kanade's Harmonic clone)

Combat ability and charisma aside, she is a loving saint.
It is especially evident near the end of the series, where her love for her "underlings" was proven so strong that it forced the world to activate it's fail-safe shadow beings into action.

She's the source of love, she loves all her SSS members, and everyone respond to her love, they adore and protect her, they would not have opted to ever leave the world long as she doesn't. (Until she commanded them to leave, yet a dozen stayed behind for her)

Like the SSS members, I'm charmed by her myself.
AirStylesMar 20, 2013 8:45 AM
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 20, 2013 8:41 AM

Aug 2012
TK. There's not need to explain. I like Hinata too.
Mar 20, 2013 8:51 AM

May 2012
AirStyles said:
Nakamura Yuri

She is charismatic as hell!

Despite her usual bitchy/pushy personality, the whole of SSS know that there is a struggling, feminine, yet strong girl behind the facade. They're all attracted to, and adore her greatly, she's is both an appealing girl and a charismatic leader to SSS battle front.

She can also fight. Though she may not fight as well as the likes of Shiina and Kanade, she have her wits to make up for her lack of fighting ability. She analyze and react the situations, as well as planning how to win ahead of fights. (As seen during her fight with Kanade's Harmonic clone)

Combat ability and charisma aside, she is a loving saint.
It is especially evident near the end of the series, where her love for her "underlings" was proven so strong that it forced the world to activate it's fail-safe shadow beings into action.

She's the source of love, she loves all her SSS members, and everyone respond to her love, they adore and protect her, they would not have opted to ever leave the world long as she doesn't. (Until she commanded them to leave, yet a dozen stayed behind for her)

Like the SSS members, I'm charmed by her myself.
This. Yurippe is badass!

Having the voice of Brittney Karbowski doesn't hurt either :3
Mar 22, 2013 10:51 PM

Jan 2013
Asami Iwasawa or Kanade Tachibana

Iwasawa. She's so strong and her voice sounds cool. Her past was sad but she seems like a nice person. It's so sad she disappeared in episode 3. Btw, she's really pretty.

Kanade. I used to hate Kanade at the start of the show. I thought she was one of those typical boring creepy evil girls. But she was kinda unique and unpredictable later in the episodes.
Kanade and her Mapo Tofu :D

It would have been nice if we got to find out about more of the characters, especially Yusa, Shiina and TK.
Mar 22, 2013 10:53 PM

Aug 2012
Otonashi definitely! He is just awesome. Love that guy!
Feb 24, 2014 10:39 AM

Aug 2012
Male :

#1. Yuzuru. Even a nobody who used to think he had no real purpose in his life could change into such a great man, and saved so many souls. Nothing but respect for this guy. And Kamiyan as his seiyuu is a plus.

#2. Hinata. A true friend and the best partner you could ever ask for. I wish someday i could meet someone like him.

Female :

#1. Iwasawa. She only appeared on 3 episodes but she caught my attention the most (besides Yurippe). She has such beautiful dream and her back story was pretty good too.

#2. Yuri. A good leader and a caring big sister figure to rest of the team. Kanade may be cuter and more adorable (and KanaHana's voice was HNNGGGG as fuck), but Yuri has this unique charm / charisma that made me like her more.

Special mentions :

#1. Mapo Tofu

#2. Christ
ChoroshiFeb 24, 2014 10:56 AM

and still waiting patiently for a 3rd season of Spice & Wolf :'|
Mar 5, 2014 12:46 PM
May 2012
Kanade is my favorite, she is adorable.

TK is also awesome, pretty funny character. i liked the awesome english comments.
AerostarMar 5, 2014 1:09 PM
Mar 7, 2014 3:27 AM

Jun 2013
Iwasawa. Not only my favorite in the anime, but probably one of my favorite characters in any anime. So much so she's a part of my username lol. I know we only got a really good look at her character for a total of about 15-20 minutes, but even so, in that small amount of time, she showed that she was such a strong character. Didn't hurt that I had a similar childhood that I could connect with too (similar with the whole parents fighting, finding comfort in music way, not the head trauma and stroke way).

Mar 7, 2014 3:31 AM

Sep 2012
The blue haired dude, forget his name. The second most important male character. Angel Beats' bromance was awesome.
Mar 16, 2014 1:31 PM
Mar 2014
Kanade Tachibana was my favorite. Her story of how she was so alone, I think it really relates to a lot of us who feel alone. Yet she eventually founf friends and ultimately escaped from her loneliness. She was always very go with the flowish, and that's one thing that helped her. We should aspire to be more like Tachibana.
Mar 16, 2014 1:35 PM

Jun 2012
Hinata by far.
Mar 17, 2014 11:24 PM

Jul 2009
TK, Yui and maybe Hinata. Didn't really care about anyone else though, especially that Haruhi clone.
Jul 9, 2014 2:54 AM
Apr 2014
I like a lot of characters... But I must say Naoi and Yui were my favourites. Why?
1) They both almost made me cry when

2) They both made me laugh a lot.

I also really liked Hinata, particularly because Yui x Hinata is one of the best ships I have seen yet, Shiina was cool too, but I wish she got more screen time.
Jul 9, 2014 8:58 AM
Jan 2013
Kanade and Hinata! <3
Kanada because she's so badass xD And I just really find her interesting...
Hinata because he's super caring, and he's simply just a soft-hearted guy :)
Sep 28, 2014 2:25 PM
Aug 2014
Takamatsu and Kanade.

Takamatsu because he always made me laugh whenever he came up and Kanade because I sympathized with her the most and shy and/or quiet chibis are just SO CUTE.
Nov 13, 2014 6:42 PM

Oct 2014
Hinada, he's a good guy overall, great friend, helpful, funny.
Also he's voiced by the same guy (David Matranga) who did Tomoya in Clannad which was pretty cool.

Fujimaki was a funny character as well and I liked that he was voiced by Andrew Love, the same guy who did Akio in Clannad. Looking back, this was like a Clannad voice cast reunion. I think the people who played Tomoya, Akio, Sunohara, Fuko, and one or two others were in this. (Just found out Iwasawa was voiced by Luci Christian, who did Nagisa and Ushio).

TK was also pretty awesome, his dance moves made me quite envious.

Yuri was a good character too, as was Naoi.

I loved Iwasawa, she was a good character who I identified with and the concerts were some of the bets scenes in the show.

Otanashi was alright, his backstory was interesting. Same with Kanade.
jdimaria3Nov 13, 2014 6:48 PM
Nov 14, 2014 1:23 AM

Jul 2014
I hope I'm not too late to the party, but I'd say Iwasawa probably because of the way the story was told.
Nov 14, 2014 3:58 AM

Oct 2011
TK is a great character, but he hasn't received enough background to say he's my favourite, so... Kanade it is.
I know lots of people treat her like a "Rei clone" (which really doesn't mean anything, just look at the page on TVTrope and tell me those girls have anything in common save their white hair), but to me she's the most interesting character in AB. When you learn that, yes, she is human, you finally realize how much she must have gone through because of the SSS... Remember the scene where they first fight her? When she gets shot in the abdomen, before having time to put up her protections, and she doesn't even react? And then you learn that she's just a normal human like you and me? Yeah, just shows how much she must have been shot that she doesn't even care anymore... and then THEY STEAL HER MAPO TOFU! T.T
Nov 14, 2014 4:40 AM

Jan 2014
TK, because he's the only one I remember.
"Let Justice Be Done!"

My Theme
Fight again, fight again for justice!
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Angel Beats! Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

game8910 - Apr 2, 2010

677 by copypasterCPS »»
May 13, 11:31 AM

» Explanation

Vapor_AU - Apr 27

17 by Saimatsu_Fan »»
Apr 29, 11:38 PM

Poll: » Angel Beats! Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

ShibuyaRiver - Jun 25, 2010

1752 by jilebi_james23 »»
Apr 23, 10:54 AM

Poll: » Angel Beats! Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

ShibuyaRiver - Jun 4, 2010

662 by jilebi_james23 »»
Apr 22, 2:41 PM

Poll: » Angel Beats! Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

ShibuyaRiver - May 28, 2010

565 by jilebi_james23 »»
Apr 22, 2:13 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.