Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
Dec 26, 2012 8:18 PM
Dec 2012
like with all gainax, it's great if viewed with a childlike mindset. unfortunately, abortions like end of evangelion exist.
This community is terrible.
Dec 26, 2012 8:18 PM

Sep 2012
The soundtrack sold it for me. It was amazing to watch.
Jan 5, 2013 11:23 AM

May 2009
This was the last show I was truly fanatic about.

I collected art books, action figures, the whole nine.

Jan 20, 2013 11:07 AM

Nov 2010
I didn't, it was pretty damn boring to me. Nothing special.
Mar 1, 2013 10:53 PM

Feb 2013
Damn boring episodes. The OST was the only reason i even completed the series.
Apr 27, 2013 8:42 AM
Jul 2012
Don't like it. Too boring. Sub is boring,dub sounds dry that makes me bored to death.
Jul 26, 2013 10:15 PM
Jul 2018
I remember I watched the first episode a couple years ago and dropped it. Came back today to rewatch it, exact same feeling.

The soundtrack is awesome, the animation too, the voice acting is awful as it hardly fits the over expressiveness of the characters... The only story that there seems to be is about a boy missing his older brother and his girlfriend finding comfort on him while the brother's gone. Anything else just feels forced, the only time I cracked a smile was at the kiss scene and it was only for the silly animation, not for the actual scene.

3/10, although I had much more enjoyment watching Mars of Destruction (because it wasn't trying to be awful but was) than this.
Jul 26, 2013 10:19 PM

Mar 2010
I thought the Anime was better than the manga..

Behold of my awesomeness~
controversial and/or sensitive topics likely devolve into the same repetitive, derogatory, abusive, and harassing comments can no longer be posted.
But my feels.
Jul 30, 2013 6:21 PM

Jul 2012
The music itself is already a masterpiece.

I'm still waiting to rewatch it, because I've heard that the second time around is even better than the first.
Sep 17, 2013 4:45 AM

Jul 2012
Mediocre... (your vote)
הלב שלי כבר מת
Sep 17, 2013 4:48 AM

Apr 2011
Houndthree said:
Mediocre... (your vote)

Wtf man.
Sep 17, 2013 4:48 AM

Jan 2013
You plebs.
Please learn about cel animation and its technical process.
Learn how special effects and backlighting were done without computers.

Sep 17, 2013 4:52 AM

Apr 2013
Cabron said:
You plebs.

Ikr.
Sep 17, 2013 4:54 AM

Jul 2012
Nidstang said:
Houndthree said:
Mediocre... (your vote)

Wtf man.

I like Macross more...
Cabron said:
You plebs.

Untermensch
הלב שלי כבר מת
Sep 17, 2013 4:58 AM

Apr 2011
Houndthree said:
Nidstang said:
Houndthree said:
Mediocre... (your vote)

Wtf man.

I like Macross more...

Approved, but FLCL is still great.
Sep 17, 2013 5:04 AM

Jan 2010
Didn't like it, too much pointless nonsense. The director is the same as in Diebuster and I find his works really boring. He's capable of throwing out really grand scenes and subtle themes, but instead of exploring them he just envelops it all in retardation.

P.S. I like Macross too xD.
(|__/) Never give up, aim for the top!
(='.'=) Top wo nerae!
o(")(") Anime music: http://myanimelist.net/blog.php?eid=777199
Sep 17, 2013 5:06 AM

Jan 2013
Houndthree said:
Cabron said:
You plebs.

Untermensch
Plebeyo.
Please learn about cel animation and its technical process.
Learn how special effects and backlighting were done without computers.

Oct 29, 2013 4:14 PM
Oct 2013
Lupin III, South Park references, air guitar battles, 4th wall demolished. Enough said.
In detail, it wasn't a complete masterpiece, but a great work for the sake of randomness fo' sure. The animation was top notch and fluid even in the most confusing sequences, the soundtrack was rock-driven and the clusterfuck of events doesn't ruin the fast pacing. Some moments of awesome mixed to some moments of whattafuck. A must watch for anybody.

8/10.
Oct 29, 2013 4:21 PM

Oct 2013
10/10 would watch again
Nov 16, 2013 3:55 PM

Jan 2013
It was a crazy surreal experience...I loved it.
Nov 16, 2013 3:56 PM
Apr 2010
Entertaining, yes.
Masterpiece? lol.
Nov 28, 2013 5:42 PM

Dec 2008
Wow...all this hate for FLCL makes me wanna crank my rating up to an 11/10 simply since so many didn't seem to get it

For those that stopped halfway through or earlier, did you know that the overall plot begins to truly reveal itself from the 4th episode on? Meaning the second half (which was abandoned by many of you)
"I'll take a potato chip....AND EAT IT!!!!"
Jan 5, 2014 12:19 AM

Jan 2014
I personally enjoyed it. It was funny- not gut busting funny but it deserves at least a chuckle. The plot is somewhat non-exsistant but who cared. Music was fine, and it didn't leave me with a mind-fuck, just a fun kind of confuse. Short, simple, and sweet.

Watched it dubbed anyways, but it doesn't really matter to me.
Jan 26, 2014 5:06 PM
Sep 2013
It was so bad... I wouldn't have hated it as much if there wasn't so much hype around it. Not funny, deep, sincere....just plain annoying! The music was okay, but everything else irritated me to no end.
Jan 28, 2014 4:31 AM

Sep 2013
Doris_Mae said:
It was so bad... I wouldn't have hated it as much if there wasn't so much hype around it. Not funny, deep, sincere....just plain annoying! The music was okay, but everything else irritated me to no end.

Its not even funny. I agree with you, its plain annoying and it irritated me too, it also bored me. Its a total waste of time.
Feb 16, 2014 2:17 PM

Jun 2007
Honestly, this is pretty much the first series I just have no clue if I'd say it's good or bad.
Certain aspects are very good (animation, music, voice acting and stuff) while other things like the story, characters and humor just puzzles me as to why people like 'em. The story was especially confusing and should probably have been done different. And in the end, mixing the good of the series with the bad just makes me confused about what to think about it.

Probably the biggest problem I'd say the series has, is that people just keep saying how good it is, so well, it's way to easy to expect something much better than what it is. I certainly expected such at least.

But at least it was enjoyable enough to keep me watching the whole thing.
Feb 16, 2014 2:51 PM

May 2013
I enjoyed it, but not as much as I could have. In understood the overt symbolism and message of growing up, and the insane craziness was fun to watch, but some of the episodes were still rather dull, and in a 6-episode anime that isn't a good thing.
My anime blog
Latest Post: The Zero Requiem (Analysis of the Ending of Code Geass)
Apr 21, 2014 3:41 PM

Nov 2012
Instant drop.
Apr 28, 2014 3:44 PM

Apr 2013
It had good music at least.
Jun 5, 2014 12:56 PM

Dec 2013
It was OK but one of the most overhyped and overrated things I've watched so far. It tries so hard to be surreal and artistic but fails miserably in both ways. Babbys first 'art', literally.
Sep 24, 2014 11:13 PM

Jan 2014
Horrible! is perfectly fitting.
"Let Justice Be Done!"

My Theme
Fight again, fight again for justice!
Feb 8, 2015 3:55 AM

Feb 2012
Finished watching this coz I wanted to know why this anime has a high rating on MAL. Was quite disappointed. It was a speck entertaining though. I did understand the concept of Naota's transition from being a child to a grown-up, in this case an adolescent, but the storyline of the robots, Medical Mechanica, etc and all that jazz makes no sense to me (maybe coz I wasn't really giving my full attention while watching it). Oh well.

The music on the other hand was superb!
jbeatFeb 8, 2015 4:11 AM
You can just be yourself. Do things your own way, one step at a time. You'll get there. Just be yourself, you'll be fine."
~Fruit Basket
Feb 10, 2015 7:33 AM
Jun 2014
I don't know. I watched it at age ten, I was so confused I didn't know what the hell I was feeling and watching..
Feb 13, 2015 9:29 AM
Nov 2014
Just marathoned this. I know I really liked it, but I can't put a finger on any specific reason. Sure the animation was great, the story was weird, the characters were fun and interesting esp. Mayuge-guy but I don't think I'd consider any of them as an overwhelming reason.
Of course, there's also the fact that I'm sure I didn't catch a lot of stuff. I'm not sure if I want to give this a 10 because I usually give that number to things that have affected me greatly in some way. Thus I'll go with a 9 for now.
Feb 13, 2015 10:23 AM

Sep 2013
Its a damn excellent use of 2 hours.
Feb 13, 2015 12:56 PM

Jul 2014
Great show (not sure whether I'd go as far as naming it a masterpiece though). It was highly entertaining and the story was good too.

I noticed something interestingly for me: Even though it ended with a lot of unanswered questions I was still very satisfied with the ending. This is rather uncommon for me, I feel many anime just end somewhere mid plot, but here it made kind of sense (in it's own quirky way).
Feb 13, 2015 1:45 PM
Oct 2014
I really enjoyed it... But one thing that I did like a lot were the songs that played troughout the show. The group that wrote them (The Pillows) were probably inspired by Oasis. So the music was great which made me enjoy the show even more.
Mar 28, 2016 7:44 PM
Feb 2016
I'm... not sure I did. I had no clue what to expect and was massively confused, so much so I put it aside for a few months after the first episode.
Jul 17, 2016 5:47 PM

Sep 2013
hirahira said:
There wasn't anything great about it to me. I didn't enjoy it at all

Same here. I'm watching it as part of the 2016 anime challenge and, since it's only 6 eps, I'm going to finish it up. I've only seen 3 episodes so far, though, and I swear every time I watch one I end up with a migraine.

The music reminds me of no-talent alternative trash bands of the 90s. The plot is non-existent. The characters are annoying. The MC is a depressed little turd and everyone else is a hyper-spastic moron.

I just don't enjoy shows where the writers basically say, "Ok, we can't think of a plot or anything, so let's just have a bunch of random bullshit happen and call it art. We're gonna win so many awards!!!"

Meh....no thanks!

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges.
Jul 18, 2016 4:38 PM

May 2016
One of the most bittersweet mindfucks I've ever seen.
Jul 18, 2016 4:54 PM

Oct 2015
I didn't hate it but I strongly dislike it. I acknowledge that it has its merits but the show was literally frustrating to watch for me apart from the last couple of episodes (and just for reference, I didn't watch the english dub).

I don't know why the soundtrack is praised to high heaven either. It wasn't a bad soundtrack for sure, but it just felt "there" for me, I can't remember a single song from the show in particular. There were also times where the songs completely drown out the rest of the audio (unless I was just watching it from a shitty stream).
Aug 16, 2016 12:49 AM
Mar 2015
So... it's definitely not a bad anime,that's for sure. If you've watched a lot of anime like I have, you'll probably like it a lot, just because of all the self-aware anime clichés it has and simply because it's batshit crazy and tests out the heights of imagination half the time. Aside from all that though, it did have its deep moments, even if they were brief. I feel like native japanese and people who have seen or know most or all of the references will love it. (I didn't know most of them, for example I haven't gotten around to watching any of the Gundam series yet.) I gave flcl a solid 8. It's probably one of the cleverer and definitely most unique anime I've ever seen.
Aug 16, 2016 12:54 AM

Jul 2016
I was lost by, the craziness of Raharu. Even though it is a really unique story I did not drop it maybe out of my curiosity on how will it end.
May 9, 2017 7:38 AM

Jan 2017
I just loved the first episode one. The rest was bullshit. They really didn't put any effort after that.
And still, Bill will live on.
He will befriend the next inhabitants of the earth, beings of light who revere him as a god.
And Bill will outlive them all... for millions and millions of years...exploring, learning, living,
until the earth is swallowed beneath his feet.
Until the sun is long since gone.
Until time loses all meaning and the moment comes that he knows only the positions of the stars
and sees them whether his eyes are closed or open.
Until he forgets his name and the place where he'd once come from.
He lives and he lives until all of the lights go out.
May 9, 2017 7:43 AM

Jan 2017
sayonara_sekai said:
overhyped and overrated & fails miserably in both ways.

Ye. I agree with that.
He will befriend the next inhabitants of the earth, beings of light who revere him as a god.
And Bill will outlive them all... for millions and millions of years...exploring, learning, living,
Until time loses all meaning and the moment comes that he knows only the positions of the stars
May 9, 2017 8:04 AM

Jun 2010
Nothing memorable
May 9, 2017 10:09 AM

Jan 2017
Drackx said:
Nothing memorable

Ye. I would say that too.
Mar 7, 2018 6:59 AM

Apr 2016
It was okay. Bit wild. It played more like a satire of 'coming of age' story.

In reality I watched it cuz this gif and needed to see it in context. Checked that box.

Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 11, 2020 2:08 PM
Mar 2020
RoNin-87 said:
Words can not describe how much I dislike this unfunny, forced, plotless and wannabe "hidden message" trainwreck of an anime.

6 episodes of junk I wasted my time on that I will never get back. Even though it's been quite a while since I watched FLCL, I just rage even more every time I see it sitting on my list.

I love FLCL. You say it s unfunny but its not a comedy anime, its not trying to make ppl laugh. And FLCL is plotless, thats the whole point of it all, not to have a plot. FLCL is a piece of art form, just because u dnt get it, doesn't make it pretentious or wannabe. It's like going to a museum and labelling every piece of art u dnt understand as pretentious or wannabe.
Jul 25, 2020 2:40 PM

Feb 2020
I have mixed feelings about this show. On one hand I find it to be way too over-the-top and chaotic to the point of becoming very obnoxious.
On the other hand, there is a lot I actually like : the ost, some of the humor, the symbolisms, the characters' psychology...
I don't consider it a masterpiece but it is a show I still think about several months after having finished it, and that's showing it actually impacted me in some way. I don't love it, but I definitely want to rewatch it someday.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Furi Kuri Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

babykeiji - Mar 5, 2008

242 by Devonnius »»
May 12, 9:54 PM

» I don't understand the hype, should I rewatch? ( 1 2 )

C4llum - Aug 8, 2021

79 by ghoulcustomer »»
May 11, 7:15 PM

Poll: » Furi Kuri Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

babykeiji - Mar 7, 2008

284 by Thurzix »»
Apr 29, 4:02 PM

Poll: » Furi Kuri Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

aero - Sep 22, 2008

113 by gannoncannon55 »»
Mar 25, 10:01 PM

Poll: » Furi Kuri Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

aero - Sep 22, 2008

125 by gannoncannon55 »»
Mar 25, 9:38 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.