Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 »
Jul 28, 2012 7:17 PM
めんどくさい

Sep 2011
oneesaammaa said:
I've enjoyed the other episodes of this show, but I was really disappointed by how easily they confirmed Yui's issues and then "solved" then within like 10 minutes. If they want to make some drama they need to have it actually last a believable amount of time... this was just pathetic.
You missed Yui's body language later and the next morning at school that suggested otherwise?
Jul 31, 2012 7:25 AM
Jun 2011
Still didn't get over personalities exchange aim itself.

Anyway, I really think it's a great anime based on such a "inner" slowly plot.
Will it turn quickly all at once?

Hope so.
Jul 31, 2012 10:01 AM
めんどくさい

Sep 2011
M-Fox said:
Still didn't get over personalities exchange aim itself.
(shrug) Do we explain to test animals in our labs why we're doing the tests we're doing?

My assumption is "Heartseed" is alien, and mentally probably as far advanced compared to us as we are to, say, Chimpanzees. One scenario is, maybe his purpose is as simple as gathering data for his PhD thesis on the personalities and emotions of human primates. Once his thesis adviser is satisfied he has enough data he'll go away without so much as a look back.
Aug 1, 2012 9:21 AM

May 2011
WOW!!! Is this what I've been missing out on for a month? This episode was just amazing!!!! Thank god I still have another episode to enjoy after that cliff hanger.
Aug 1, 2012 1:17 PM

Nov 2007
so he effectively kicked himself in the junk.

and uh she's kinda getting over hating dudes.

seems Inaba was overreacting about this being so major. I mean I'd like to spend a little time in a girls body ... eheh heheh

seems love triangles are in the works as well.

also lol @ the jobbers conversation.
Aug 4, 2012 8:10 AM

Apr 2012
This show is surprisingly funny yet serious at the same time.

Poor Aoki. He doesn't really do much for the girls.
Aug 5, 2012 1:22 AM

Sep 2008
Gotta admire Taichi. It took balls to do what he did. Literally.
Aug 5, 2012 11:45 AM

Jul 2012
WTF is going on with Inaba at the end?! Damn, why did she fainted?

This episode makes me feel that the story will become complicated though. Seriously, I was thinking Iori x Taichi, Aoki x Yui, but from this one could it be Iori x Taichi <- Yui <- Aoki ??? Damn ...

I hate that Yui was crying alone when she was in the bed. That was a heartbreaking for me. It so sad to hear that she was almost getting raped as well, I was totally in WTF mood. I'm so glad that Taichi could help her get over it. She's so cute when she smile, and I hope she'll be that way more.

(BTW, seems like Yui has the same fear as Inami from Wagnaria, but Yui seems to get better so fast. One of this anime is lying to us ...)

Toshino Kyoko!!!
Aug 7, 2012 1:58 PM

Jan 2010
I'm sorta afraid of men too, but not as severe as Yui, but regardless I can't stand being around older/teenage males unless I know them.
I glad she's getting over her androphobia.
It seems like Inaba has health problems and I feel like she might have a small crush on Taichi she's hiding. Nothing too unusual except for the swapping.
Aug 7, 2012 3:25 PM
めんどくさい

Sep 2011
LovingHate said:
I'm sorta afraid of men too, but not as severe as Yui, but regardless I can't stand being around older/teenage males unless I know them.

I didn't even like myself when I was that age ;) Most guys grow out of it - I'm (mostly) harmless now.
Aug 8, 2012 4:58 PM

May 2011
Great episode, and damnn the drama sure is getting intense. Seeing Yui cry like that got me feeling really sad and it's always tough to see a girl like her talk about the fear of men because of some past incident. Thank god Taichi was able to lighten up the mood with his plan and make Yui feel a bit more secure about everything. Seeing her smiling and feeling better again sure was really nice.

Lol at that whole scene with those two guys taking advantage of Yui's and Inaba's bodies. That ending was pretty funny too with Iori getting dragged away like that, hmmm so everyone in the club does think that she likes Taichi. And oh shittttt Inaba just collapsed outta nowhere.
Aug 11, 2012 8:06 AM

May 2012
My favourite character is the most unstable one?
feelsbadman.tiff
Aug 15, 2012 3:14 PM

Apr 2008
Nice ep. Awfully, I found some plot twist rather cheap. The "Sorry for not noticing" thing is a little forced on Aoki, Yui reactions are over-dramatic. I wish they don't waste the nice body swap idea on simple parenthesis of the show, but it's too early to say.
Aug 15, 2012 7:59 PM

Aug 2008
Tachi confirmed for favorite character

Aug 18, 2012 4:11 PM

Jul 2012
Droplet said:
Post-Josh said:
Since when does "kick them in the balls" cure an irrational fear of males due to almost getting raped? They totally underplayed that problem. Makes it seem as if they threw in the rape bit last minute, just because they needed an explanation. It also felt quite out of place when Inaba got all serious, there was no need to. On top of all that, the "strong silent" one mysteriously collapses. Generic melodrama, really.

Exactly. I kind of hate this show atm for portraying this so terribly.

Oh, look. We are now 7 episodes in and Yui isn't "cured" yet. So I'm thinking you guys have really jumped the gun on the whole "lol that's stupid, you can't be cured so easily" schtick. Maybe wait an episode before jumping to conclusions will help you not to put your foot in your mouth so readily again.
Aug 21, 2012 7:22 PM

Oct 2010
Ouch so painful LOL!
Aug 26, 2012 2:22 AM
Jan 2010
I knew orange girl had to be a rape victim or something.
Also orange girl loves delinquent guy and both blacks love MC. What a mystery that was.
Sep 11, 2012 7:31 PM
Jul 2012
Great episode. Possibly my favorite episode so far.5/5

Lol i liked the wresling fan dude. "I like jobbers because i like to see them getting beat up."

Iroi fainted at the end oh my god.

Still learning on who the characters are.
Sep 13, 2012 5:58 PM

Sep 2008
Kicking one's own balls now has a new definition.
Sep 15, 2012 5:51 PM

Apr 2008
Oh God, the pain :P

Sep 18, 2012 4:56 PM

Feb 2010
Too much fluffy relationship advice, too little drama. I did get a kick out of that scene though (pun intended). Also love how the preview blends into the ED.
hellogoodbyeSep 18, 2012 5:00 PM
Sep 23, 2012 10:08 PM

Jan 2011
hellogoodbye said:
Too much fluffy relationship advice, too little drama. I did get a kick out of that scene though (pun intended). Also love how the preview blends into the ED.

For some reason that whole preview blending into the ending really helps with the impact of the preview and makes you want to keep watching
Oct 19, 2012 11:40 PM

Sep 2011
I'm liking this pairing.

The ball kicking scene was hilarious, favorite episode so far for sure.
Oct 21, 2012 2:44 PM

Apr 2012
That last scene with Taichi and Kiriyama was just too cute :3
Oct 26, 2012 8:18 PM

Jul 2009
Wow, this is really great! :O Inaba's trying to push Taichi into pursuing Iori ... I wouldn't mind seeing that happen actually :3
Ahahaha, Taichi and Aoki playing as the girls XD Soooo awesome! :P I guessed that Yui was scared and that it was probably rape ... seems I was right. How does ANYONE not know about kicking a guy in the balls though?! Especially someone trained in karate O_O Glad that she's gotten over it somewhat though, even being able to slap Taichi on the back! :P
I wonder what Iori's mom said ... maybe she's going to transfer? Or her mom is dating someone or remarrying or something like that. That would be my guess but who knows :O What happened with Inaba at the end? Another personality transfer or ...?
Nov 26, 2012 4:33 AM

Nov 2012
Apparently, seeing someone get kicked in the nuts is the fastest way to make a girl smile.

I really liked seeing Yui happy. Yay for character development!
Dec 27, 2012 11:06 AM

Dec 2010
Very good episode, we finally got to the more serious part. So I guess that what Iori say at the end of the last episode were really her own words and not someone who's swapped with her.

Also, I almost guessed the reason for Yui's androphobia.

And Taichi is really just inevitably becoming the favorite male character.
Jan 7, 2013 5:24 PM

May 2011
The recording in the beginning was hilarious lol. So was the punishment!

Inaba talking about Yui being the most vulnerable in the beginning, losing her cool, then later revealed as being the only one to know about Yui prior, and fainting at the end. I guess it's time for an explanation/revelation.

Yui's problem was addressed early too, which was a really good move since it was the most predictable. It was still handled nicely and their bond of friendship really is touching, AND PAINFUL!

5/5
Jan 13, 2013 2:01 PM

Oct 2011
The recordings at the beginning were great :') Yui definitely solidified herself as my favourite character in this episode ;~; her and Taichi were very cute together, it's nice that the body swapping is actually doing some good.
Jan 23, 2013 8:16 AM

May 2012
Great episode, awesome development already thought rape or something in that way happened in her past but auwch that must have heard like hell! But well it did help her out, it's a nice to see the personality swap can actually do some good! But dafuq was up with that ending oO? Shocking cliff hanger!
Jan 27, 2013 10:59 AM

Sep 2009
He kicked his own balls....LOL
Mar 9, 2013 1:33 AM

Sep 2012
when Yui was in Taichi body & she got hit in the balls bi him & when she got back to her own body & say'd aah what a relief, i thought i was going to die, after her words i laughed so hard that tears came out LOL, her words made this more funny, but poor Taichi, got last piece of the cake to himself, if u know what i mean :D
Apr 12, 2013 4:34 AM
Nov 2012
One of the few series which touched my heart. Definitely a must watch for all anime-lovers.

I feel so sorry for Inaba; curious of why that happened to her.
Sep 19, 2013 2:19 PM
May 2012
Aww that hurts man!!!!

Taichi is the man this is getting better I hope the romance will be good well let's see.
Sep 21, 2013 7:38 AM

Sep 2012
Tengai said:
Aww that hurts man!!!!

Taichi is the man this is getting better I hope the romance will be good well let's see.

well hes a Hero after that, no1 cant say hes not LOL
watched it long time ago, but i remember it well

Yui is lucky one, got to experience man's pain LOL
Jan 23, 2014 4:20 PM
Dec 2009
I'm amazed on how this anime seems to tackle the subject of rape when Kiriyama was talking about her backstory to Taichi. Yes, I agree with Crawken in that rape is used way too much in media and it is often used really poorly.

But from how this anime handles the subject, I think it did a fine job. And that's probably because we are hearing this story through a victim and we learn on how it effects Kiriyama as a character. Thumbs up on this episode. Not just for how the rape story is handled. But for the funny moments it offered and other great character moments like when Kiriyama feels the pain of someone being kicked in the nuts. And then, we see Taichi's reaction to the pain he gets.

I'm definitely going to watch more of this series.
Mar 4, 2014 2:02 AM
Nov 2013
Yui recovered way too drastically over way too short of a period. One conversation doesn't completely undo that kind of trauma. Still an enjoyable episode though.
Mar 28, 2014 9:43 AM
Sep 2013
That last scene lol bet he wished he held back. Liking where this anime is going.
Apr 2, 2014 10:59 PM

Nov 2012
The beginning with the recordings was pretty funny/cute.

"Okay.If that's what you want,Mom." Poor Iori,she's clearly hiding how she truly feels.

Yui's rape issue was dealt with way too easily/fast imo.

Kick in the balls was funny though.Especially considering they switch right afterwards.

Omg,Inaba fainted!!!
Apr 29, 2014 7:51 PM

Aug 2013
''I was raped''.
Damn, it got dark fast :(
At least, she was able to escape before anything bad happen but I can understand why she was traumatized, it must be an awful experiance to be powerful in martial art, but not being able to do a thing when the person is way bigger than you.

Inaba was hilarious when she started stripping as Aoki xD
That's the thing to do, best revenge ever.

I don't know if I'm trying too much to read between the lines, but when Inaba asked him if he had feeling for Iori, it looked more like he had feeling for Inaba, hence the lack of reaction when she told him that Iori had feeling for him and when she smiled him and he had an odd reaction. Like I said, maybe I'm seeing hints that are just coincidence :P
«Time is passing so quickly. Right now, I feel like complaining to Einstein. Whether time is slow or fast depends on perception. Relativity theory is so romantic. And so sad.»
- Kurisu Makise a.k.a. The Zombie
May 6, 2014 9:46 AM

Jan 2010
This show is getting pretty fucking ridiculous but I should have known what I was in for.

The idea that you can "cure" someone of a phobia like that, especially as a result of such a traumatic experience, makes me want to kick the writers in the balls and you should feel the same way.

Someone's going to come in and say "it's just a show!" but here we have 10 pages of people writing out posts about how serious the drama of it all is and I think it's sad that no one asks for more than insulting bullshit like this.

I'm still curious enough about where all this is going to go to keep watching but only because this is a short series.
Jun 8, 2014 5:45 AM

Dec 2013
Awesome episode
Jun 9, 2014 4:23 AM

Oct 2013
i can tell thepersonality swapping business is gonna get really confusing, gonna have to follow closely
"Urushibara Ruka. The mannerisms and voice of a woman... No... More feminine than any woman. But he's a guy. Taller than Mayuri, but so very thin... But he's a guy. Looks great in a miko outfit... But he's a guy. It's already twilight And yet, it's so hot. The cicadas are crying. But... He's a guy."
Jun 18, 2014 2:22 PM

Jan 2014
I was never good at memorizing everyone's name. Now I have to :'(
Jul 9, 2014 7:41 PM

May 2013
The kick to the balls was kinda over the top but still funny. If she truly knows karate and had a clean shot like that, I doubt Taichi would be moving for at least a week haha. Looks like Inaba and Taichi might end up together in my opinion.
Jul 23, 2014 4:00 AM

Sep 2011
shinki7 said:
He kicked his own balls....LOL

The only sentence that we can think on this episode.

Syndrical said:
I was never good at memorizing everyone's name. Now I have to :'(

Same. It's really hard for me too since, for instance, Taichi calls the girls by their last names yet when he got personality-swapped to a random girl, he(She) starts calling the girls by their first name.

Oct 15, 2014 1:21 AM

Oct 2013
Taichi...that gotta hurt a lot lol.

Poor Inaban, I wonder what happened to her, is she fit?
Jan 25, 2015 5:45 AM
May 2014
I agree with some of the above posts saying that Yui recovered too fast.
I like Inaba and her voice, so I checked and she has the same seiyuu as Sinon from SAO2 (like her too). Cool episode!
Feb 14, 2015 3:24 PM

Nov 2014
nice ep

Nov 22, 2015 1:36 PM

Jul 2009
This episode had many things going on, 1st Inaba told Taichi that she thinks he likes Iori and that Iori probably likes him too. Odd...I was kinda waiting that Inaba and Taichi would be a couple...
Then we found out about Kiriyama's past and Taichi helped her with it...
And in the end, Inaba passed out.
Pages (5) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kokoro Connect Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 29, 2012

336 by Hiroko_Takashiro »»
Apr 25, 6:30 PM

Poll: » Kokoro Connect Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 8, 2012

369 by bakakisima »»
Mar 9, 12:47 PM

Poll: » Kokoro Connect Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Aug 25, 2012

212 by bakakisima »»
Mar 9, 11:20 AM

Poll: » Kokoro Connect Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Sep 22, 2012

193 by _untitled »»
Feb 19, 3:02 AM

Poll: » Kokoro Connect Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 15, 2012

294 by _untitled »»
Feb 17, 3:01 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.