Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Jul 21, 2012 7:46 AM

Oct 2010
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
So far so good. The fight was quite intense and the 200% of fan service this time included Rebecca's underwear, Ricotta's fan service and even Nanami had some extra too. The best was Rebecca at the end in the following,

Along with the spoiler
she was such a tease for Cinque. Funny thing is that he actually could do her hair in the spoiler
which really lead more of MOE faces of Rebecca really. I really therefore liked Rebecca much more there for natural character.

About the fan service, the 200% continues in the list
  • Rebecca’s fan service in the spoiler
    consisted mainly of her underwear but it was still well within how S1 was. So it was appreciated.

• Nanami’s fan service in the spoiler
    despite revealing rather well things did it with modesty so that was nice. Nanami has some nice chest and curves TBH.

• Couvre's fan service in the spoiler
    also showed just right of how she got pawned. DFC chest glimpse was appreciated.

• Ricotta in the spoiler
    got her nice DFC along with more skin revealed. Rather nicely and with modesty once again. I miss that part of her from S1. Ricotta still has the nice gloss that goes with her skin.

• Finally Yukikaze is a WALKING ECCHI BOMB in the spoiler
    as long as she wears those dresses mucho breast shapes revealed and bouncing too. Rather modest too in fan service.
So as one can see the fan service is much more acceptable this time around and just right. I don’t see it overdone like most of the last episode’s transformation, which really if you look past the tentacle rape thing, it was really just a measurement of Rebecca’s body by machines to make her a dress that would fit her.

About random comments, apart from the obvious above my thoughts of the episode’s elements. Paragraph = one part of the episode.

The start showed rather well Rebecca in the spoiler
Having mastered her broom. A rather nice mix of SFX and action. I liked Rebecca’s blushes there and enthusiasm.

Couvre's revealing of her gun and of all a big WTF flying carpet in the spoiler
references
were fantastic. SFX along with BGM and of the general setup were very nice. Designs too.

Really liked Rebecca’s card system in the spoiler
it’s very original to have though of something like that. Style and design look fresh. It’s a system to watch out for TBH. I find powerful.

So hilarious to see all freaking out but the best was Ricotta in the spoiler
who actually got pawned and owned by Rebecca/Couvre. Too bad or her. Nice angles to show that part.

Totally adored Rebecca’s dodge in the following,

Along with the spoiler
that was probably the best! Cause it proves Rebecca to be a fierce opponent that is fast in speed. In fact I think she is faster than Nanami/Cinque.

Really nice counter by Millhiore in the spoiler
And she got fan service to offer a little on top of that. Wonderful! Seriously the princess was cool in doing what she did along with it being shown nicely.

Too bad Leonmitchelli got a hit in the spoiler
On Couvre. I wished she would have dodged that move. At least it pans out a little on service.

The aftermath in the spoiler
was very pleasant. Mainly for its interactions of Rebecca/Couvre. and Cinque/Princess.

The Frisbee part in the spoiler
had Cinque and the Princess shown really playful along with Cinque being rather very happy. I find the setting and Peace pretty. It sure changes things from a battle filled part.

The Ricotta x Cinque in the spoiler
Was rather nice considering Ricotta was quite playful there and cuddling with Cinque. I wonder if Rebecca got jealous a little there of this? It looked like it. Nanami seems to be teasing more Ricotta.

The Eclair part in the spoiler
Yielded out some nice moves of her and some very happy faces of her. While it showed Rebecca/Nanami more of their surroundings.

The Leonmitchelli/Couvre. part in the spoiler
Got me MOE in how Couvre. plays with her tail. HAHAHHA! That was so good.

About thee end, it ended all happy in the spoiler
having all characters leave on a smiling note. What will next episode bring now? TO FIND OUT!

Regardless the fight was fun and its twists.

BTW Intermission in the spoiler
is kind of original IMO. Looks nice.

The ED art in the spoiler
has some rather nice Rebecca teasing shown in a different art form.
Yumekichi11Jul 21, 2012 10:10 AM

- BLOG - My Club- Easiest way to reach the rest of my thoughts!
Jul 21, 2012 8:55 AM

Nov 2008
Becky has taken pages from Touhou with the magic cards and Cotton with everything else, she did pwn Cinque and Nanami and decimated Ricotta's troops and humiliated Ricotta herself with Kuberu's help, the control she has now over her broom and weapons are superb. Millhi took it well when she got stripped by Becky's attack although that ended in a draw as Becky ended up the same way and Kuberu got pwned silly.

Cinque doing Becky's hair and he's pretty good at it, and she's gone playful and such, it seems every anime with fanservice this season is having an significantly assertive or playful female main.

A lot more action in this season and everyone is participating with even a small spar with Cinque and Eclair to fill in some time.

5/5

Jul 21, 2012 11:10 AM

Apr 2011
So far, Rebecca is getting more likable this episode. She's one playful childhood friend who likes to tease the harem boy about his love lives. She's not angsty, emo, and annoying like other female anime childhood friends I know.

Cinque, you dawg!
MagitoJul 21, 2012 12:09 PM
Jul 21, 2012 12:24 PM

Aug 2010
Rebecca is a better character than Cinque and Nanami. Her attacks and broom riding was pretty cool.
Jul 21, 2012 1:13 PM

May 2011
Oh Cinque, you just don't know your limit, do you?

Biscotti having summer camp, this looks fun.
Jul 21, 2012 1:30 PM

Jun 2010
When he first patted her in the first season, that's exactly the same thing I said when I first saw him do that.

It's about time someone talks to Cinque about all the relations he has with the females in this world. XD

Jul 21, 2012 1:31 PM

Mar 2011
Another amazing ep.
Jul 21, 2012 1:33 PM

Aug 2010
Really cute episode...Milhi was so cute when they were playing frisbee...I want Cinque to answer that question too...who does he like most?

Beccy's fighting style isn't bad at all...and she's really cute and a very likable character

And cute Eclair was waving her tail at the last scene of the scene, even though she's acting as if she doesn't care much she's probably the happiest that cinque is back...Such a tsundere XD
Barion-ZaraJul 21, 2012 1:41 PM
Jul 21, 2012 1:57 PM

Sep 2011
Loved how Milhi also partook in the fighting, even if it was short. Those double Nana scenes with Rico and Nanami where also funny. The scenes after the battle felt a bit short, but next episode sounds like we'll get a lot more of those.
Jul 21, 2012 3:09 PM

Jul 2012
Cool episode, I especially liked the piano piece when Becky was asking Cinque who he liked the most, it reminded me of those old black and white comedy movies.
What meal should I cook for tonight? Something with cabbages probably...
Jul 21, 2012 3:39 PM
Oct 2011
Best episode so far, it feels like everything has settled in and is now going at a proper pace.

The battle scenes were nothing short of astounding and the non battle scenes with them allowed us to get to know the new characters, fleshed them out.

Rebecca is going to be a fan favourite and while Cou-sama won't be, she is extremely likeable on her own.

All in all 5/5
COMPROMISE
Let's agree to respect each others views
No matter how wrong yours might be
Jul 21, 2012 4:40 PM

Mar 2010
I still don't get how complete newbies are just pwning .. Rebecca was a wuss at first pretty much.. and then all of a sudden she takes out Cinque, Nanami and Milhi...
yeah..okay..

To me, 1st season was great, cute and clean.. 2nd season.. random, makes no sense and turning into an ecchi show.
Jul 21, 2012 4:45 PM
Jun 2008
I can't stop laughing when I heard that both Nanami and Ricotta talk together at the same time.They both are same VA and their voice sound exactly the same .
Jul 21, 2012 5:38 PM
Sep 2009
It ended so faaaasstt!!!
Click!
Jul 21, 2012 6:10 PM
Jul 2012
I thought it was a good episode, some cool fanservice, Rebecca somehow went form cute and harmless to badass magic girl. I kinda wonder how that works. Nanami and Cinque were already badass from the start, she somehow just got it just like that. It's about time someone confronted Cinque about his leading the girls on :). The little player. Think this seasons going about a little more random than season 1 though, not much purpose to it besides it's just there.
Jul 21, 2012 6:18 PM

Jul 2008
MoonFox said:
I still don't get how complete newbies are just pwning .. Rebecca was a wuss at first pretty much.. and then all of a sudden she takes out Cinque, Nanami and Milhi...
yeah..okay..

To me, 1st season was great, cute and clean.. 2nd season.. random, makes no sense and turning into an ecchi show.

Rebecca is a noob at doing athletic things, she just have been given overpowered weapons.
Like she said, the control is similar to a game she have some experience in playing, the controller is different and it is irl (for her) but after adapting a bit it's not like it's strange she could move and pewpew things.

Give Shinku or Nanami that broom and dem card and only then you'll notice that Rebecca isn't much at all. Give a nuke to a child and he'll beat the strongest boxer in the world.
Jul 21, 2012 6:40 PM

Apr 2012
Loved the episode, lots of action in this one too...this show quickly takes #1 in terms of what I'm watching this season.

It's just...too CUTE!
Jul 21, 2012 6:43 PM

Jan 2012
My impressions of this episode.

Jul 21, 2012 7:26 PM
Jun 2008
well all check now becky got flying broom & squrille princess fly a carpet ok then yea all good & fun.

knew it that see rico talk with nanami give talking to themself aka same voice.

all good give becky wonder if sink really like give assume might got harem?
LIVING THE GS-LIFESTYLE
MR.GS
JUST ON THE JOURNEY THROUGH THE ANIME WORLD
THE KLAC OF ANIME WORLD
you either with ANIME http://myanimelist.net/clubs.php?cid=24159 or against the anime
Jul 21, 2012 8:35 PM

Feb 2012
So finally the war ends!

Can't wait for the next comedy-filled episodes :D
Jul 21, 2012 8:59 PM

Jan 2010
Ah yes, my weekly lighthearted hnnnnng. Very good, very good.
Dear Math,
I'm not a therapist. Solve your own problems.

Oh, and Algebra?
Stop asking us to find your ex, she's NEVER coming back.
Jul 21, 2012 9:16 PM

Apr 2011
I just cannot stop smiling when watching this anime. It brings a nice fuzzy warm feeling to me!
"Ogon’ po gotovnosti!"
Jul 21, 2012 9:57 PM

Nov 2010
So the action portion of the anime is over for now, the lesson: don't mess with Leo-sama, you will lose.

also, mmmm that Riko.
Jul 21, 2012 11:19 PM

May 2008
Kinda wondering if there is going to be a villain this season or we are just gonna have some romance and comedy .

Awesome Sig by Lailide
Jul 22, 2012 12:43 AM

Apr 2010
Well looks like I'll be rooting for Pastillge in the next war game. Courve is so freaking adorable :3

I dunno if I'm the only one but I'm still waiting for Millihis' next concert! Can get an amen!!
Jul 22, 2012 2:07 AM

Sep 2010
Ooh, get up on that, Becky.
And Sink? Really Crunchyroll?
Jul 22, 2012 4:08 AM

May 2010
Best episode so far.That scene between Cinque & Rebecca was the best./
Jul 22, 2012 5:43 AM

Apr 2009
Rico and Nanami moments are so LOL..
Jul 22, 2012 10:55 AM

Apr 2011
ahmed_great2005 said:
Best episode so far.That scene between Cinque & Rebecca was the best./

It was so cute. Seeing her playful side is so much fun.
Jul 22, 2012 11:23 AM
Feb 2009
omg Courve~ u r so damn cute!~
oblivious is a bliss
Jul 22, 2012 12:56 PM

Jan 2009
Jmac said:
Well looks like I'll be rooting for Pastillge in the next war game. Courve is so freaking adorable :3

I dunno if I'm the only one but I'm still waiting for Millihis' next concert! Can get an amen!!

AMEN!
Jul 22, 2012 6:41 PM

Jan 2012
This episode was amazing and seemed to go by so fast.

Becky turning into Marisa Kirisame was pretty neat. They even had the touhou-esque spellcards and the announcers actually said "danmaku" and Becky admitted to playing 3D shooters. I wouldn't be surprised if Tsuzuki or the new director aren't fans of touhou or even know Zun personally. I liked that she had to shift her broom which adds to the whole idea that Pastillage is a country made up of technology, not just magic.

The fight between the 3 heroes was rather lackluster and I honestly forgot it even happened until later, same with the Millhi vs Becky scene.

Cou fighting Leo was awesome since it showed just how overpowered Leo is. I expected both of them to get hit with each others attacks but Leo just nullified her attack. I was disappointed this was another episode I didn't get to see Brioche fight.

The animation was all over the place quality-wise this episode, which may have been due to their over-budgeting of the transformation scene from last week? This was quite apparent in the panning frame after the match showing all the townspeople all 8 or so drawings they just copied and pasted, some not even having their clothing changed. Also, the eye-catch was very cute, but Risler is a squirrel, yet it looked to me like they drew her with a dog-tail. The charm on her purse though showed off a new character from the OP we will hopefully see next episode, who is likely either going to be Cou's mom or older sister.

The scene with them playing Frisbee and the scene with them visiting the kitchen seemed rather unimportant. The cutest scene of the entire episode was when Ricotta was listing off the reasons she loves Shinku. I think Nana Mizuki couldn't have done a better job voicing that part.

The scene that had Shinku fighting Eclair helped me realize that the new girl Ange is supposed to be a poodle. It was also important because it pointed out that the other girls are realizing that Shinku is giving some of his very prized possessions away to the people of Flonyard. The scene with Yukki and Brioche was not only great for the fanservice shot, but also helped tie-in what is said later about Shinku going to go train with Yukki in the next episode. Cou adds more fuel to the fires of yuri fans by saying she wants to marry Becky, and then Nanami casually calls home and lets them know what's going on. Does she tell them she is in another world? I'm not sure how that works.

I figured I would HATE Becky, but after the scene with Shinku braiding her hair, I can't really hate her. Part of me wishes Shinku would just tell Becky he loves Millhi instead of keeping her in the dark though. Mamoru Miyano did an amazing job making Shinku sound very soft and passive during the scene making me think Shinku knows exactly what is on her mind but he knows right now is not the best time and he should just play dumb (either that or he is just not in the know and has a very innocent mind). From the previews, I expected it to be a sexually charged interaction, but it was innocent and left me liking both characters.

The next episode should introduce a new character who I expect will most likely be Brioche's brother or sister from the OP. The entire episode seemed rushed, like they are cutting out a lot of story to try to get the season done in 13 episodes so they have no time for filler.

I'm glad that after the transformation last episode that they just went back to the old fanservice style of just having clothes rip off instead of going for something harder.

All in all, it was another great episode of my favorite anime of the season, and I was smiling the entire time, which is something that only Dog Days seems to be capable of.
Jul 22, 2012 7:49 PM

Nov 2008
Shinku better answer that question soon, and he's answer better be Millhi, cause I've been waiting for that since the first season. If it doesn't happen, I'm gonna be so sad...
I am a sucker for romance!!!!
]

Jul 23, 2012 12:09 AM
Sep 2011
Great episode as always and Rebecca is my favorite in this show. So cute!!
Jul 23, 2012 12:40 AM

Jan 2011
Great episode, Becky was really funny at the end.
I'm loving this so much already I can't wait for more.
I almost never read discussions after I made my post, if you want to reply PM me or post on my profile page.
Jul 23, 2012 5:19 AM

Jul 2010
Rebecca kept on saying she wouldn't be any good in battle but she was! Is she being friend zoned by Cinque though? ^^

Jul 23, 2012 5:47 AM

Jul 2011
oh wow, that was a pretty fun ep. Rebecca reminded me of Marisa from Touhou a bit. Loved the way she controlled the skies. oh and dem fanservices! can't wait for the next episode.
Jul 23, 2012 9:44 AM

Sep 2009
So experienced gamer Rebecca owned pro athletes Shinku and Nanami ). Don't mess with gamers than they got some magic ))
Jul 23, 2012 12:57 PM

Apr 2011
I thought Rebecca would be jealous seeing how close Cinque and the Princess are like any childhood friend. But I guess not.
Jul 23, 2012 3:14 PM

Jan 2011
So I winder if Becky really is cool with being the friend forever, or if she does have interest in Cinque romantically. Hell, then again, almost every girl in this show likes the kid.
Jul 23, 2012 8:47 PM

Aug 2011
I really don't know whether Becky actually likes Shinku in a romantic way or not. It did seem that way in the first season, but the talk this ep kinda made it a bit more hazy. Made me smile though when Becky started teasing Shinku about his harem :)
Jul 24, 2012 1:36 AM

Sep 2011
chanotek said:
I really don't know whether Becky actually likes Shinku in a romantic way or not. It did seem that way in the first season, but the talk this ep kinda made it a bit more hazy. Made me smile though when Becky started teasing Shinku about his harem :)

Yeah she does IMO. All of a sudden asks the question if we could still be doing this if he had a gf. Like, pretty obvious that she's curious what would happen if he even landed a gf with her or other girls. Could they still do this? Or would it be totally different. IMO she likes him.

Anyways, great episode got to see Becky fighting and the others!
Jul 27, 2012 6:03 AM

Dec 2010
Yea I think Becky does like Cinque. Becky is by far the best character in this show for me. I hope they show some romantic moments between the two, that would be good.
Overall nice episode.
Aug 5, 2012 8:13 AM

Aug 2010
I wasn't expecting to see Millhiore herself fight, that was a nice surprise. Her outfit kinda reminded me of Saber. Even Becky can't say no to touching the fluffy tail, understandable. I'm also glad that Leo-hime is still the strongest fighter out there (barring maybe d’Arquien-dono). Shinku has a nice little harem going on, lucky guy 4/5.

Edit: This episode reminded me again that Horie Yui is fantastic as Millhi. Her voice perfectly fits such a cute, innocent, lovely and good-natured character.
Mogami-kunAug 5, 2012 8:19 AM
Sep 5, 2012 10:01 PM

Apr 2009
It seems I'm having a tougher time adjusting to the increased ecchi level for season two...

That aside, that was a... bombastic debut for Becky and her adoptive nation of Pastillage for this episode. Seeing her fly around on a broom and bombard targets with a rain of bullets using spell cards definitely reminded me of Touhou.

It was also amusing to see her put our original Hero under the spotlight about all his harem.
Sep 30, 2012 11:26 PM

Sep 2011
Rebecca and Nanami are sooo lucky... it looks so damn fun, I'm so jelly!!! What an experience this must be. >:(
Dec 17, 2012 6:55 PM

Nov 2011
Its sooo happy! Best vacation ever!!!

"I like to expose what people hide. I'm an intellectual rapist." - Furudo Erika
May 4, 2013 1:54 PM

Mar 2013
I'm done with this. Dropped.
It went from having tons of potential to being a generic harem set in a fantasy world.
Sep 14, 2014 2:32 AM

Jun 2014
This is the first show that is so cute I feel like at any moment i might actually squeal with delight. Not very becoming for a 23 year old, but shit man, IT'S JUST SO CUTE AND HAPPY.
I love all the relationships between all the characters, they really do seem quite natural and innocent.
Also Sinku X Eclair OTP, still. Sorry Princess.
Be sure to message me if you quoted me and want me to respond! Just give me a link to the forum, because usually I leave my comment, then leave the forum.
Oct 11, 2017 9:27 AM

Apr 2013
"Sure, why not?" seems to be the motto of this show. Rebecca defeating Nanami and Shinku at the same time? Sure, why not? Every girl in the show being into Shinku? Sure, why not?
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Dog Days' Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Yumekichi11 - Sep 29, 2012

100 by KempachiZaraki »»
Jul 26, 2023 4:14 PM

Poll: » Dog Days' Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

prismheart - Jul 14, 2012

103 by Dawizz »»
Jun 6, 2023 12:10 AM

Poll: » Dog Days' Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Yumekichi11 - Jul 7, 2012

98 by Dawizz »»
Jun 5, 2023 11:49 PM

Poll: » Dog Days' Episode 11 Discussion

Yumekichi11 - Sep 15, 2012

40 by GlennMagusHarvey »»
May 18, 2023 12:05 AM

Poll: » Dog Days' Episode 9 Discussion

prismheart - Sep 1, 2012

38 by GlennMagusHarvey »»
May 17, 2023 10:30 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.