Forum Settings
Forums
New
Jul 18, 2012 11:08 PM

Jul 2010
So I just recently finished the movie (and I was very emotionally pissed at the ending) and was curious if any of my questions was answered in the 1st two seasons or even in the manga

The movie said his reality is fake... was any of this explained more in the season?
Any more background into the Synapse and the "Master"

I watched the 2 seasons long ago and couldn't really pay attention with all the mind angering fillers that made me dislike Tomoki... so not sure if I missed anything.

I also plan to read the manga and judging by how many filler episodes we had, I'm guessing it's best to start from the beginning? But just for the hell of it, what chapter does the movie and forte leave off at?
Jul 20, 2012 3:30 AM

Jun 2010
Just read the manga. Seriously, don't ask questions about the plot, don't look for the specific chapters, just read it, chapter 1 to chapter currently-newest. I'm not simply avoiding giving you answers or spoilers - the manga is great, the anime is crap and the movie I wanted to tear to shreds after watching. And you will understand why, when you read the manga.

The thing about Sora no Otoshimono is that it has great plot, action scenes and even some tearjerkers, imagine that - but these only appear in certain chapters, the others are stupid fanservice. Though I have to give credit when the credit is due - they are funny. It's the kind of humor I feel stupid for laughing at, but it's funny. And it saves the whole thing.

The first and biggest sin an anime can commit is not being faithful to the source material. Therefore I can accept (and ignore) anime that are stupid because they're based on something stupid. But anime that take something good and turn it into crap fills me with RAGE, because I know that there are many poor, unfortunate anime-only souls out there. And Sora no Otoshimono has been changing things from the very first season, yet the further they go, the worse it gets. And the movie was just an assassin they sent to eliminate the manga-readers among the audience.

I'm still wondering whether I should watch the third season. I don't want to, but how else can I give it a bad rating?
Jul 20, 2012 9:10 PM
Oct 2009
I'm not sure how you can say the second season was bad, although it did deviate from the manga I'm aware, although it was at least exciting and funny and the production was over the top amazing.

The movie was pretty bad yeah. It wasn't exciting, and they couldn't make Hiyori interesting.

And no, the biggest sin an anime can commit isn't taking liberties from the source material. Unless I'm mistaken, Yu Yu Hakusho did a fair bit of that late in the series, yet it still managed to be a wholly entertaining Shonen. Hell, Full Metal Alchemist's initial run wasn't bad at all, and they made up a ton of shit late in their series. The worst thing a show can do is fail to give the viewer a reason to be entertained. If all you're going to complain about is that the anime is just different from the manga, I kinda pity you. That's not the point of watching anime. The point of enjoying any entertainment medium is to find out how and why the material tries to be entertaining.

I am pretty excited for season 3 personally. Sora no Otoshimono has consistently proven to be a top tier harem genre anime in every way possible. They don't really try to avoid most of the tropes associated with the genre, but instead fully embrace it, and uniquely so by offering comedy, an interesting story, and great characters (Sohara is really the only bad character in the series). And the production is just godlike. Sure the movie sucks, but that's primarily because movie format doesn't really fit most episodic series anyway.
A2ZOMGJul 20, 2012 9:16 PM

More topics from this board

Poll: » Sora no Otoshimono: Tokeijikake no Angeloid Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Yumekichi11 - Feb 26, 2012

175 by Archean-Return »»
Sep 15, 2023 9:28 PM

» i want to share with u something ^_^

Idanluz22 - Sep 5, 2014

3 by PzKpfw_VI_Tiger »»
Sep 14, 2019 7:09 AM

» The ending was completely different...

Scootboi - Dec 21, 2013

4 by RX-chan »»
Apr 1, 2019 2:50 PM

» I don't get why it's R 17 on MAL

removed-user - Jan 8, 2018

0 by removed-user »»
Jan 8, 2018 1:23 PM

» After finishing sora no otoshimono first movie, what manga chapter should i read from?

guhthix - Apr 17, 2015

8 by Altairius »»
Apr 17, 2015 7:18 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.