Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Jul 5, 2012 7:04 PM

Sep 2008
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Kyaaaaaaaaaaaaaah!
Mamiko Noto and her normal voice! <3

The flashbacks from last season kept popping up as the characters did.
I guess I'm expecting a lot of memorable things this season too!
like a lesbian scene/implication
HawthorneKittyJul 5, 2012 7:57 PM
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 5, 2012 7:32 PM

Apr 2009
Didn't see this returning, but pretty good start. Oh and the ED Microbe Rap of sort was awesome!
CurseDestinyJul 5, 2012 7:46 PM
I am the light and the darkness tossed away by fate.
I am hope and despair needed by all and to none.
I am CuresDestiny.
Fear me or Not it is all the same to me.
<insert maniacal laughter here>

Jul 5, 2012 7:40 PM

Nov 2006
FUCK THE CHARACTER DESIGN CHANGES HOLY FUCK THE GIRLS AND KEI LOOK SO BAD
i also didn't like the generic-ass jpop op. the human characters doing cutesy shit looks so out of place.

apart from that it was good. i'm glad oikawa got over her initial dislike of kei's actions. still don't really like her tho

MOE~*
Jul 5, 2012 7:48 PM

Aug 2008
I don't even feel that Sawaki is the main characer. XD

OMG, the microbes at the very end ARE SO CUTE! :D

Nice start! And I'm still not used to see Kei like this... well, I'll gte used to it.
Jul 5, 2012 8:23 PM

Feb 2007
windy said:
FUCK THE CHARACTER DESIGN CHANGES HOLY FUCK THE GIRLS AND KEI LOOK SO BAD
i also didn't like the generic-ass jpop op. the human characters doing cutesy shit looks so out of place.

apart from that it was good. i'm glad oikawa got over her initial dislike of kei's actions. still don't really like her tho

MOE~*

Completely agree with this. Also Sawaki looks too young now :/

I could barely recognize Mutou. :< :< :< Took me a minute :<
Jul 5, 2012 8:30 PM

Nov 2011
One of my favorite shows returns. I agree and much prefer the character design from the first season. That aside, it was an okay first episode, more for easing back into the setting. I have high expectations for this show, and hopefully it won't disappoint.
Jul 5, 2012 8:34 PM

May 2011
Damn, my fav show just return!

Looks like Tadayasu is in a pinch.
Jul 5, 2012 8:36 PM

Nov 2010
I didn't even recognize Sawaki the first time I saw him. Oh well, it's no big deal, I'll get used to the new character designs. The show is still awesome, I can't wait for the next episode.
Jul 5, 2012 9:11 PM

Jan 2008
Jul 5, 2012 9:42 PM

Jun 2009
can anyone remind my why sawaki;s ability is a secret from hadzuki?
Jul 5, 2012 9:56 PM

Apr 2008
I'm honestly confused that the opinion is that there seems to be a big change in character design from season one to two. I had no trouble recognizing every character immediately.

Very happy to see this show return. It would be really great if there was more to follow as well, but I don't even know how long the manga runs. Thinking about it, it would be nice if Yen Press picked it up one day.
Jul 5, 2012 10:03 PM

Sep 2007
Kind of disappointed that the ED wasn't live action like the first one, but great return of Moyashimon. The moeru scene in microbe theater was awesome.
Jul 5, 2012 10:22 PM

Jul 2010
I laughed at the moe part. I didn't think they would actually keep that from the commercials.

Anyways, I'm glad that it's finally back, been looking forward to this
foot_lickerJul 5, 2012 10:27 PM
Jul 5, 2012 11:04 PM

Nov 2006
Acinonyx said:
I'm honestly confused that the opinion is that there seems to be a big change in character design from season one to two. I had no trouble recognizing every character immediately.

Very happy to see this show return. It would be really great if there was more to follow as well, but I don't even know how long the manga runs. Thinking about it, it would be nice if Yen Press picked it up one day.
I definitely wouldn't have recognized Mutou if I hadn't just rewatched the show a few days ago.

Del Rey had the manga and released the first two volumes, but then Kodansha absorbed them and they're not continuing it for some reason. ;_;
Jul 6, 2012 1:36 AM

Feb 2010
There's a diff in the chara designs.. but I'll get over it.

Missed this show! Very quirky and weird.... just like I wanted.
Jul 6, 2012 2:14 AM

Jan 2011
Oh my.... Now I have a first season to marathon. This looks great.
Please don't feed the trolls!
In my next life I want to collide at the corner with the cute transfer student
carrying a piece of toast in her mouth
...rodac

Jul 6, 2012 2:35 AM

May 2010
So the definition of moe is sprouting.
icic.
Jul 6, 2012 2:55 AM

Dec 2007
LETS BREW......MOE~....FINALLY!
[center]If you aren't troubling the rest of the world, then there's no harm in being abnormal.
Jul 6, 2012 2:59 AM
Sep 2011
I haven't watched the predecessor yet but what I've seen so far looks really promising. The first episode already established the cast and the eductional bits concerning agricultural methods were great, though it was a bit hard to follow since it got so technical as Sawaki pointed out.
Jul 6, 2012 3:39 AM

Aug 2008
This cross dressing pervert creeps the hell out of me. I completely forgot how disturbing were last episodes of the first season. This better be good...
Ii tenki desu ne...
Jul 6, 2012 4:06 AM

Sep 2010
I don't really like the new designs.
>not watching the first season but watching this
You should have been like me and watched it just last week!
Jul 6, 2012 4:33 AM

Jul 2011
Change in design and style it seems, didn't recognize Mutou there.
Still a pretty decent first ep for its return.
Jul 6, 2012 4:35 AM

Nov 2011
It's fantastic to see this show return! :)

I've missed the bacteria with the cute lil voices and Sawaki's rather original ability ;).

Just one thing though, has the character design got more moe-blob or what? :P
Jul 6, 2012 6:26 AM

Nov 2010
Recently marathon the first season so I was looking forward to the second season
This episode was so much fun with gaining knowledge about the production process of
Sake and Soy Sauce
It had a feeling of a one hour episode
I'm glad they sticked to the previous season animation style as well same as the ED
Jul 6, 2012 6:45 AM

Aug 2008
Eudaimonia said:
I haven't watched the predecessor yet but what I've seen so far looks really promising. The first episode already established the cast and the eductional bits concerning agricultural methods were great, though it was a bit hard to follow since it got so technical as Sawaki pointed out.

how can you watch not watch the prequel first? I'm sure you are not going to enjoy this season as much as you could have!
Jul 6, 2012 7:38 AM

Oct 2011
It can be good
is it me or they made it more educational - not that I mind, there is nothing like too much knowledge

and character design...
I need to adjust myself, not that they are bad, simply different
what feels weird is that Yuuki became one of best looking girls this season in the process
Jul 6, 2012 9:16 AM

Dec 2009

I'll get used to it... I actually liked Sawaki's and, to some extent, Oikawa's new design. As for the older women... not that good.

Great episode otherwise. Never thought there would be a sequel!
I have my own anime blog. It's called Anime Viking. Hope you'll you read it!

Jul 6, 2012 9:43 AM
Jan 2011
Yay, finally!
Graphics and animation way better than in the previous season.
A lot of technical jargon, wchich somewhat bored me.
But still a good episode.
Jul 6, 2012 11:04 AM

May 2011
Like most of the responses thus far, I'm not a fan of the new art style. However, everything else is the same old excellent Moyashimon, and I'm looking forward to seeing how the characters develop.

I love Kei's "don't-give-a-fuck" attitude
http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m6qdgpIzLs1ro156wo6_1280.jpg
Jul 6, 2012 11:43 AM

Apr 2009
This new artstyle is...too generic. Yeah, that would be the best description, I think. I liked how the first season portrayed the characters, but to be fair: The manga art takes a while to get used to it, too. Eventually, we'll adapt...

Other than that, we're off to a good start.
NidhoeggrJul 7, 2012 2:25 AM
Steel Ball Run anime when?
Jul 6, 2012 12:16 PM

Nov 2009
The episode itself was very good (just what one would expect from Moyashimon), but

selective_yellow said:

I could barely recognize Mutou. :< :< :< Took me a minute :<

You're not alone.
Jul 6, 2012 12:16 PM

Jun 2009
The episode itself was good, seems more informative than S1 so i guess we can expect more techincal details. But no matter how good the episode it, the character design went to fuck itself and the second season looks, compared to first, like shit. It could go in any original/new anime as generic, mid-low budget design but as a sequel to show with exceptionally good character design, it really is bad.
レッツゴー ED イケイケゴーゴー
Jul 6, 2012 12:17 PM

Apr 2010
So nice to see a second season of this even if the art changed.
The first season was great and this opening was nice as well which probably means this will be a great season.
And all the knowledge about alcohol and fermentation is great especially since i like to know more about those.
I have to say tho about the Japanese Sake containing 15 to 20% alcohol doesn't sound like much i drink Whisky about three or four times a month and Whisky is usually around 40%.
And if you look at some excesses in alcoholic drinks there even a few out there up to 80% strongest liquor i ever had was Absinth with 60% alcohol but i wouldn't recommend it.
Still i thought Sake would be stronger.
Jul 6, 2012 3:38 PM

Jan 2008
Meh, I love the first season's art more, but I still love this art. My only complaint is that Mutou's nose is no longer so fucking adorable I could die.
Jul 6, 2012 4:08 PM
Aug 2011
Aw major animation/design downgrade.

I had to pause this as soon as I saw Sawaki's moe face.
Jul 6, 2012 7:48 PM

Jul 2010
OP/ED we're amazing. best of the season so far.
How to Watch Naruto Without Filler (Complete): http://bit.ly/LncQif
How to Watch Bleach Without Filler (Complete): http://bit.ly/y0UQTO
Jul 6, 2012 10:52 PM
Apr 2012
The character design looks more like the manga so I'm not complaining.
ssj4jwJul 6, 2012 10:56 PM
Jul 7, 2012 7:37 AM

Dec 2010
I learned so much about sake and soy sauce.

Jul 7, 2012 1:22 PM

Jun 2011
I don't like the character design but as always i just have to get used to it. And I don't really like the opening song. I thought they would do a song like the first season opening. But i'm going to enjoy this season.
Jul 7, 2012 6:13 PM

Jun 2009
Don't really see the big deal about the character design, in fact I thought I'd dislike it more than I did considering how I literally just finished the first season. I guess the only design I don't care for is Mutou's as she was gorgeous in the first season, I thought. Other than that, it has the same feel of the first season for the most part though more towards the first half as it felt like it went back to it's educational roots a bit.
Ston3_FreeN7Jul 7, 2012 7:04 PM
"Yes, I have been deprived of emotion. But not completely. Whoever did it, botched the job."

- Geralt of Rivia
Jul 7, 2012 6:30 PM

Jul 2011
Took me like 2 minutes to get used to the new designs. The new ones are not a massive departure from the old ones. The series picks up exactly where the old one left off. Have to admit, i was always under the impression that light soy sauce was in fact the same as reduced salt. I guess you learn something new everyday huh.
Jul 7, 2012 7:06 PM

Jul 2007
Not a fan of the new character design. They look more like second years in high school than in college now, and uuugh poor Kei.

I'm going to try and look past it. The microbes are still as awesome as in S1.
Jul 7, 2012 11:48 PM
Sep 2011
Kurini said:
Eudaimonia said:

how can you watch not watch the prequel first? I'm sure you are not going to enjoy this season as much as you could have!

I will watch the first season if I'm in the mood for it. It appears that the sequel continued right where the first left off but I was told it was mostly of episodic nature anyway and so far I love this series so it's not such a big deal for me.
Jul 8, 2012 4:46 PM

Aug 2007
Hahaha, I totally forgot the other characters except the two main guys (Tadayasu and Kei) and those 2 male side-kicks and the leather girl, nothing else. Oh yes, and the lovely bacteria. Been a while since I watched Moyashimon, but those bacteria are still cute as ever. Or as they say it themself: moyashi, also written as moeru... which leads to...

Moe bacteria! <3
Dutch anime blogger with a love for Ikuhara's antics and proper storytelling.
Jul 11, 2012 3:19 AM

Jan 2008
I was kinda lost with the new art style. Sawaki got younger so I was confused by that...and Kei got bigger eyes I think here. Anyway, welcome back Moyashimon. A nice first episode and I enjoyed watching the fermenting process.
Jul 12, 2012 1:33 PM

Apr 2007
Yuck I really don't like the new character design. Why did they have to change their beautiful, perfect eyes? :(
Jul 13, 2012 3:19 AM

Sep 2010
ssj4jw said:

Hell, I don't care if the new designs are more like the manga. They made them as is in the first season for whatever reason so they ought to have just kept it. It means nothing if they're trying to keep it like the original if they didn't try to in the first place.
Jul 13, 2012 10:37 AM
Apr 2012
AngelicFeces said:
ssj4jw said:

Hell, I don't care if the new designs are more like the manga. They made them as is in the first season for whatever reason so they ought to have just kept it. It means nothing if they're trying to keep it like the original if they didn't try to in the first place.

Doesn't matter people still gonna watch the show. Taking a look from the source is not a bad thing.
Jul 16, 2012 9:32 PM

Jul 2011
Well, I never new light soy sauce was only lighter in color. Anime teaches you things. 8D

So Kei is permanently the Goth Loli now? Not that I have a problem with it. I laughed when he took a bath with the girls. XD
Jul 17, 2012 11:29 PM

Mar 2009
So, basically all the women now look like teenage girls? Wonderful.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Moyashimon Returns Episode 11 Discussion

OrochiPL - Sep 13, 2012

44 by mushi_Jyou »»
Oct 8, 2020 4:05 AM

Poll: » Moyashimon Returns Episode 10 Discussion

OrochiPL - Sep 6, 2012

15 by syncrogazer »»
Sep 29, 2018 7:11 AM

» Were the sales for this high enough to warrant a 3rd season?

Core1019 - Aug 15, 2014

2 by UrbanJahts »»
Dec 28, 2017 9:12 PM

Poll: » Moyashimon Returns Episode 2 Discussion

HawthorneKitty - Jul 13, 2012

24 by CCL_Sama »»
Aug 17, 2017 7:56 AM

Poll: » Moyashimon Returns Episode 9 Discussion

OrochiPL - Aug 30, 2012

18 by CountZeroOr »»
Aug 3, 2017 3:36 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.