Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »
Oct 12, 2008 5:50 PM
Jul 2018
angel999 said:
Fai said:
angel999 said:

FOR ONE TO BE ABLE TO UNDERSTAND FRUSTRATION ENSUES AS SUCH THAT ONE IS THE DUMB ASS MENTIONED BUT NOT ME. SIR YOU ARE INSULTING NO ONE BUT YOURSELF FOR HUMANS MAY NOT JUDGE OR ARE YOU A FOOL?

Caps-locking children... xD now MAL has all kinds of spam possibilities, lol...

Sorry but I though he so dumb that his eye sight might be bad so you know. Anyways I am here for anime so guys like can go screw with beep beep beep piece you know what.

What does eye sight have to do with one's intellect?

Anyways, pretty awesome anime. Love the animation style ^^
Oct 14, 2008 4:12 PM

Aug 2008
Just another ride on the train to WTF-town. Still, it had a unique vibe so i'm kinda interested how 'll things turn out.
Oct 15, 2008 1:28 PM

Feb 2008
I really liked the dark and melancholic athmosphere!
Oct 18, 2008 7:19 AM

Feb 2008
Dear god, that was depressing, almost too depressing for my own good. Still, I'm liking this, it's interesting and the art style looks awesome. Will definitely continue this to the end, glad I decided to watch it. But damn, that really made me feel depressed. Truly seems like a show of very high quality.
Oct 19, 2008 4:27 AM

Apr 2008
Umm...

Best looking anime I have ever seen.
Cutest loli I have ever seen.

5/5
wtfyourface said:
MistaCloudStrife said:
From 100-1000, how much do you love LWL?
OVER 9000!!!
Oct 22, 2008 9:56 PM

Jun 2007
I was waiting for a series to be my 5th favorite and I think this one might be it.
Ringo was awesome.
Oct 28, 2008 12:12 PM

Apr 2008
hanabiii said:
Ringo is awesome.
Fixed. *sniff*
wtfyourface said:
MistaCloudStrife said:
From 100-1000, how much do you love LWL?
OVER 9000!!!
Jan 10, 2009 3:40 PM

Oct 2008
A remake?

Totally unexpected.. Is this the Casshern version of DDS?

Jan 14, 2009 9:21 AM

Nov 2007
It's really hard for me not think of Amuro whenever I hear Casshern speak, especially when he's taking out robots (some of which are mono-eyed). Anyway episode caught my interest, I'll certainly keep watching.
Oct 1, 2009 10:12 PM

Jul 2008
casshern is a little... psychotic isn't he? he just totaled that guy
the only way to stop a gamer from playing is either: beat them, or wait until they get bored (though 2% percent suffer seizures
Aug 20, 2010 8:09 AM

Aug 2009
O.O OMG - I am going to love this series!
Aug 25, 2010 10:27 AM

Dec 2008
Wow!!
Damn, Casshern is pretty!
Loved the OP!!
Animation looked amazing!!
Nov 2, 2011 1:30 PM
Sep 2011
Wow, this episode really caught me offguard. I had no expectations when I started watching this series but it already surpasses most of the airing series I'm following right now. Anyway, the visuals are amazing compared to those series and it also succeeds at creating an emotional bond between the sympathetic main characters and the viewer at least for me.
Jan 22, 2012 4:37 PM
Dec 2011
I don't know why but this episode was simply AWESOME. I am really looking forward to this series.
May 26, 2012 10:28 PM

Mar 2009
The 93 OVA was pretty great for it's time, but this...this is epic after 1 episode!

I think this will be an amazing show, and couldn't have picked a better one for the revival of Toonami!

Urahara Out!!
May 26, 2012 11:00 PM
Aug 2008
Hmm I liked it. Not bad, not bad at all. I'm not really a fan of the 70's looking animation or whatever but I did enjoy it. Looking forward to more!
May 27, 2012 1:37 AM

Dec 2010
Okami_Amaterasu said:
Hmm I liked it. Not bad, not bad at all. I'm not really a fan of the 70's looking animation or whatever but I did enjoy it. Looking forward to more!
It looks absolutely nothing like 70's animation. It definitely has the old anime style though.
May 27, 2012 2:24 AM

May 2008
..Well It's not your everyday kind of scenario which is good, The art for this series is great and the fights are good.
Let's see how the story develops.
May 27, 2012 10:41 AM

Apr 2012
Well I forgot to set my DVR to record the first episode so I downloaded it instead and I am intrigued. I like the concept and the art style. It seems like this is going to be on bleak, dark anime, which is just the way I like them.

There is lots of mystery going on here. The robots have begun to die and the rumor is Casshern is the only thing that can stop it. It seems like the robots have developed very human personalities as they actually fear death. It's one thing for them to have a programmed desire to live but they are showing way more emotion than that. It'll be interesting to see the nature of the calamity that destroyed this world and created this desolate future. It seems all the humans are dead, destroyed by their own creations the robots. Now the robots face their own destruction.

I quite enjoyed this first episode and it left me intrigued. It definitely seems to be an anime that will have a message and deal with some heavy themes. Although the characters aren't human, the robots seem like they will be used to explore human nature. I don't think I will wait for this week to week though. I think I'll move on to the second episode now.
May 27, 2012 11:25 PM
Aug 2008
notsureifsrs said:
Okami_Amaterasu said:
It looks absolutely nothing like 70's animation. It definitely has the old anime style though.
that's what I meant, the style from way back when they started making anime.
Jul 13, 2012 7:13 AM

Apr 2012
5/5

I heard this is slow paced, but I still heard that it has at least an action scene per episode with them being lenghty...

So a dystopian world with a badass main, tons of dialogue with a nice, big meaning behind it that is easily seen and Action together?

Bakemonogatari and Nisemonogatari ONCE AGAIN but in ACTION GENRE and SCIENCE FICTION?

Count me in, bitches!

This, fills in all possible gaps for me. Maybe not Romance, but if this ends well, 10/10.
ImmahnoobJul 13, 2012 7:17 AM

Autocrat said:
Hitler was good, objectively.
Oct 18, 2012 7:28 AM
Jan 2012
So... Seiya was reincarnated as Casshern in a future scenario? xD

Not much happened in this episode, but it was a solid beginning nonetheless. This anime has a nice oldschool feeling and I loved the Saint Seiya-like look, actually that is the sole reason I decided to give this anime a try. Not to mention the style of the battles and the poses, which heavily reminds of the aforementioned series. And what is that opening song? So beautiful!

There is not much to comment about the story and characters. Casshern looks like a promising protagonist and like Ringo said, he is handsome. Ringo is a bit weird, but she is funny. Plus, is she really a robot? Didn't know robots could cry. The "villain" seems a bit cliche, but I will not judge him based on only one episode. And that woman in the end isn't likable at all.

Well, I give it a 5/5. I'll keep watching it for sure.
Jan 6, 2013 6:15 AM

Apr 2012
Very nice first episode: action and mystery packed, great silvery color palette, animation lacks a bit sometimes, but great art and storyboard easily make up for it. If only Gilgamesh could have been like that.

Anyway when they said "dystopian robot" I was already sold. :)
May 3, 2013 11:06 PM
Aug 2011
I like the visuals and the little girl was right- Casshern is pretty.
May 31, 2013 5:37 AM

Dec 2012
Yay, I think I have finally found an anime that is actually worth my time! Let's hope it stays that way.
Jul 6, 2013 10:23 AM
Oct 2011
Luna was Casshern's girlfriend/lover in the original series, but she gets murdered by Casshern in the very first scene (at the beginning of each episode). I find it amusingly hilarious, what a great message. As if they were saying to the old fans "This is not the same casshern"
RygabertJul 6, 2013 10:27 AM
Sep 11, 2013 6:26 PM

Jul 2012
Casshern looks a lot like megaman
Sep 19, 2013 9:13 AM

Apr 2013
Promising start, looking forward to the rest of the series. The best thing so far is the presence of a young girl who seemingly will stay cute and won't be annoying. Stroll on!
Dec 19, 2013 3:52 PM

Aug 2012
Didn't expect much after Casshan: Robot Hunter, but now my expectation are very high.
I just love anime with apocalyptic feeling.
Feb 5, 2014 9:40 AM

May 2012
Very interesting start, a gloomy/dark atmosphere but quite lovely action and pacing, that little girl sure was also quite a lovely addition so well let's see what will happen next!
Feb 24, 2014 3:03 AM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
I love the old school art/character designs and the dystopian settings. Looking forward to more of this.
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

Mar 9, 2014 10:02 PM

Jan 2013
A good first episode.
Kudos to the dazzling art and well made action series.
Also, awesome music done by Kaoru wada.
No wonder it gave me Inuyasha vibes :3
Kagami_Hiiragi said:
Idc if you think its weird, I have a life and friends and an income of money.

Aug 23, 2014 11:06 AM

Nov 2011
This is REALLY not what I had in mind. This first episode was really noisy in contrary to what I've heard about CASSHERN Sins being REALLY slow-paced and rather quiet (atmospheric, in fact).

But to make up for that, the dystopian landscapes were a nice treat for my eyes, though if this was made recently, they would have been better. But most of all, the OST. I can't help but SOMEHOW be VAGUELY reminded of FFIX. Though the OP and ED are a let down, especially the OP. Guess I expected way too much of something like Ergo Proxy + Kaiba.
Aug 23, 2014 11:08 AM
Jul 2018
zetsu_shoren said:
This is REALLY not what I had in mind. This first episode was really noisy in contrary to what I've heard about CASSHERN Sins being REALLY slow-paced and rather quiet (atmospheric, in fact).

But to make up for that, the dystopian landscapes were a nice treat for my eyes, though if this was made recently, they would have been better. But most of all, the OST. I can't help but SOMEHOW be VAGUELY reminded of FFIX. Though the OP and ED are a let down, especially the OP. Guess I expected way too much of something like Ergo Proxy + Kaiba.

If it means anything I didn't like the show at first. I began liking it a ways into the series.
Aug 23, 2014 11:42 AM

Nov 2011
Battlechili1 said:
zetsu_shoren said:

If it means anything I didn't like the show at first. I began liking it a ways into the series.

You are right. Just finished ep2.

Holy goddamn ass.
Jan 31, 2015 8:00 AM
Mar 2014
I wasent to sure if i would like this anime, but oh boy this looks verry good.
Apr 2, 2015 8:44 PM
Site Admin
Aug 2012
I'm bedridden due to stomach flu and wanted to watch something new...I do not regret my choice. Thank you friend who told me to watch this like two years ago lol. I had zero expectation for this, not knowing what I was getting into, nor having read any reviews and paid no attention to the ranking or popularity. I can safely say that I highly enjoyed this first episode without anyone's influence. The tone and atmosphere was well established, and I really like the old-school art work. The music is also really fitting, intense and suspenseful at the beginning, and calm with a hint of beauty where Casshern meets Ringo. The ED is also really nice to listen to. I like how mysterious it is, despite all the plenty of action, I can already tell that it will go at slow pace. The loudness of the fighting in the beginning is a nice contrast to the quiteness at the beach. Ringo calling Casshern beautiful made me smile, but it was sad to see her grow fearful at Casshern's violent and destructive abilities. Which also reminds me, I like Casshern's style of fighting, definitely not something I've encountered before. A lot of acrobatic moves. Anyways, can't wait to learn with Casshern about his past and the world.
Aug 21, 2015 8:43 PM
Oct 2013
If i was Casshern and woke up with no memory the first thing I would have done would be to take off that stupid suit. When I first saw Ringo I thought " ew kill it"
Fear is freedom!
Subjugation is liberation!
Contradiction is truth!
These are the truths of this world!
Surrender to those truths,
you pigs in human in human clothing!

-Satsuki Kiryuin
Sep 26, 2015 7:16 AM
Sep 2015
Wow casshern is such a badass!! The music and animation is breathtaking!!
Oct 19, 2015 11:08 PM

Jan 2010

After watching 10 episodes of this many months ago, I held off on Casshern Sins for the longest time. First, I wanted to watch the original from the 70s, then the OVA from the 90s since it would have been weird going in reverse. It was to know the roots of the series, as well as knowing what I was getting myself into.

Casshern Sins is probably pretentious as hell. It reeks of this nihilistic, fatalistic, complete sense of apathy that doesn't seem to mean anything beyond "the world is screwed." But, to that end, it does "end of the world" very well. In fact, the world has ended already, and now the remnants are just trying to get by. The show isn't inherently loud and bombastic like a futuristic action show, nor does it go for grit and blood like, say, Fist of the North Star. Instead, it's hollow and lifeless. There's few, if any, humans left, so all that remains are earth and rusted steel, which would probably seem like skeletal remains to other robots. As a fleshy person, I see a wasteland. To a robot, they'd see an endless graveyard.

And yeah, the shots of voids are beautiful. Rewatching this episode, there are indeed fights, and they retain the stylized nature of the show in general. It's jerky and quick, providing a lot of fast impacts with little build up to each blow. The fights themselves feel meaningless, but if that was done on purpose, then it reflects the situation of the world: a meaningless struggle. I could be wrong, but I'll give the show the benefit of the doubt, as it would be a smart move.

The atmosphere, in comparison, really takes its time to show the desolation of the world. Yet, with a character like Ringo present, it's not entirely full of dread. This episode was actually kind of hopeful, showing that there's still hope left even in an uncertain world heading for death. And it's not a big explosion type of death, but a slow, passive one, much like a desert wind. It's almost poetry really.

But, I must admit, it's really, really, really heavy on the gloom and doom. What I like though is how quiet it is about the end of the world, and the fact that it takes place after the end. It's not like Saikano, which fights to prevent the end, or Now and Then, Here and There which dramatizes the end as extremely depressing. Casshern Sins is depressing, but it doesn't beat you over the head with it. The characters have nothing left to fight over, so all they can do is either struggle until the end, or calmly accept their fates.

There's nothing big or dramatic, and as such it feels very natural and matter-of-fact. The dramatic, overbearing nature of Casshern Sins actually works toward its favor I think, and it's why I'm treating it with respect. The show is comfortable being so visually dark compared to its previous versions, and I'm surprised it's working out so well. But, this is just the first episode, so I can only wonder how the rest stack up, as I can barely remember them.
Jan 3, 2016 12:56 AM

Jan 2013
Fantastic first episode. Great animation and music. Really like both the OP and ED.
Love the setting, and starts with some nice world building.

No way it can keep this up since there has to be some reason it's only rated 7.65
Jan 14, 2016 1:54 AM

Mar 2015
The spirit of the cyberpunk genre in this anime is absolute and the the post-apocalyptic surroundings and background are really suitable for the action and the genre.
We're just the boys and girls that think they always know...
Feb 20, 2016 11:00 AM

Mar 2010
Some low level fights here and there, a small mystery about who is casshern.. Well its not that interesting for me but Perhaps something more interesting will submerge.

Behold of my awesomeness~
controversial and/or sensitive topics likely devolve into the same repetitive, derogatory, abusive, and harassing comments can no longer be posted.
But my feels.
Mar 13, 2016 5:35 PM

Jun 2014
"Insania" from Towa no Quon looks a lot like Casshern. White skintight jumpsuit with horned head piece; both have messy hair; similar body types.

Anyway, we get dumped into the middle of a story in a different world; Then we're given a ton of elements to digest in one episode.
Mar 23, 2016 5:02 PM

Nov 2014
"Long ago, you killed the Sun named Moon, and the Ruin began."

Badass first episode. It's a simple premise, but the style and execution draw you in. I love the character designs, music, and camera angles.

Ringo gave me Pino from Ergo Proxy vibes. It was funny how hard she fell for Casshern.

5/5
Oct 21, 2018 4:37 PM

Jan 2014
Man this looks something else.
Very curious about it.

I too got Ergo Proxy's Pino vibes out of Ringo!

Let's see where this goes.
Mar 14, 2019 7:58 AM

Jan 2013
Gotta say, the characters look like ass.
May 31, 2019 12:07 PM

Jul 2016
Weak start to the Anime, the art style is going to need getting used to.
Nov 4, 2019 6:52 PM
Jun 2019
Already love the show, Ringo and Casshern. It does remind me of ergo proxy too!
Apr 12, 2020 11:41 AM

Feb 2020
Wow, it was a great first episode ! I don't want to get hyped too much but for now, it really seems to fit what I would like.
I already am super invested in the characters, I even had a little tear when Ringo was talking to Casshern, that's a really good sign.
Casshern seems to be a very interesting character, the amnesiac hero is a very commun trope but since this show is pretty old, I won't complain. He is a anti-hero of some sort apparently, I like that. (Well, after all, it is called Casshern "Sins".)
The story also seems promising, we didn't get much info but enough to have me intrigued. (Well we did get a lot of elements, but it's pretty hard to understand what it means for now.)

I really like the art too, the chara designs of Casshern, Ringo and Luna are very pretty and original. The animation bugged me a bit though, especially because of the way the mouths move, but I'll get used to it.
Overall, I feel like it could very well become one of my favorite shows by the end. I hope I'm not getting my hopes too high.
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Casshern Sins Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 )

slayer545-sama - Nov 20, 2008

92 by GabrielWhite »»
Feb 15, 10:33 PM

Poll: » Casshern Sins Episode 22 Discussion

shoxk - Mar 8, 2009

36 by P_e_r_i »»
Dec 19, 2023 7:17 AM

Poll: » Casshern Sins Episode 20 Discussion

dbaranyi - Feb 18, 2009

28 by FireRifle64 »»
Dec 7, 2023 10:42 AM

Poll: » Casshern Sins Episode 18 Discussion ( 1 2 )

dbaranyi - Feb 4, 2009

93 by FireRifle64 »»
Dec 2, 2023 7:59 PM

Poll: » Casshern Sins Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 )

angel999 - Oct 16, 2008

94 by FireRifle64 »»
Nov 24, 2023 9:21 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.