Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Sword Art Online (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (19) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 » ... Last »
Jul 7, 2012 6:55 PM
Apr 2009
oh my god

is this plot for real?

this is like a concept a third grader thought up

"IF YOUR MOM MAKES YOU QUIT PLAYING VIDEO GAMES, YOU WILL DIE."

It's like every kid's dream come true

i'm literally laughing out loud
Jul 7, 2012 6:58 PM

Sep 2010
uhmmmm.. pretty nice story o.o
Jul 7, 2012 6:59 PM
Jul 2018
dkrdude3 said:

When your favourite character is Hitler, it's kinda hard to take you seriously.
herp derp im so mature look at me h8n
I can be funny too ^^
Jul 7, 2012 7:05 PM
May 2009
Best anime of 2012, called it :D
Jul 7, 2012 7:07 PM
Jun 2010
After only one episode?

I agree.
Jul 7, 2012 7:07 PM

Feb 2010
SergioSource said:
dkrdude3 said:

I can be funny too ^^

What if I agree with what he said. I'm a pretty mature dude and stuff.

Show sucks.
Jul 7, 2012 7:09 PM

May 2008
Well that was better than what I expected, 5/5!
Jul 7, 2012 7:12 PM

Jun 2010
Nice episode. Will continue to watch it to see how it progress.
Jul 7, 2012 7:17 PM

Jan 2011
i heard alot of good things about this and the fact that i'm a MMO player makes this like ten times better! and i can all ready tell they know a thing or two about MMOs lol fact that it really showed who the people were in real life was great, i just can't wait to see how fast Kazuto gears up since hes already ahead.
Jul 7, 2012 7:18 PM

Jan 2012
dkrdude3 said:
oh my god

is this plot for real?

this is like a concept a third grader thought up

"IF YOUR MOM MAKES YOU QUIT PLAYING VIDEO GAMES, YOU WILL DIE."

It's like every kid's dream come true

i'm literally laughing out loud
Paiguy said:
SergioSource said:
dkrdude3 said:

I can be funny too ^^

What if I agree with what he said. I'm a pretty mature dude and stuff.

Show sucks.

You couldn't read the plot synopsis before you watched it? I mean, this is one of those shows where you can definitely tell whether you would even enjoy it from a plot perspective. It's almost like you looked at the show from the most basic viewpoint and bash it without any real criticism. o_O
Jul 7, 2012 7:20 PM

Jul 2012
Come on, just ignore them.

We all know how great the series is. Well I kinda pity them for not knowing so. But it's their choice to stay ignorant anyways.

Oct 2009
BEEEEEEEEEEN WAITING FOR THIS FOR SOOOOOOOO LONG.

I was like err at character designs for the first few minutes until I remembered about the mirror haha.

Can't fucking wait.

It's not perfectly like I envisioned it when I read but it's ok, it's ok.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 2009
I admit to not having read the synopsis on the MAL page until just now. All I knew going in was "it's about an MMORPG" and that people on another forum I frequent had been highly anticipating it.
Jul 7, 2012 7:22 PM
Jun 2008
Long ago, people are sentence to death if their believe are impure or not met to the requirement..
This episode is really epic.Kayaba is actually forcing these player to believe this is reality. This episode shows the moment of a new born believe(religion).
Its not just a game ....
Jul 7, 2012 7:32 PM

Dec 2010
o0yamaki0o said:
Come on, just ignore them.

We all know how great the series is. Well I kinda pity them for not knowing so. But it's their choice to stay ignorant anyways.

For real, don't feed the trolls, let them starve
InfiniteDestinyJul 7, 2012 7:36 PM
Jul 7, 2012 7:32 PM

Jun 2010
Definitely loved the first episode. ......It was friggin' beautiful...
I hope episode two is just as good, hell even better. I'd so buy that game.....if the game master wasn't such an evil, sadistic prick using codes. -_-
Jul 7, 2012 7:35 PM
Jul 2012
Yanoflies said:

I was like err at character designs for the first few minutes until I remembered about the mirror haha.

Can't fucking wait.

I think they're going in chronological order. They're having Asuna's and Kirito's first meeting (not the one in Vol. 1), and the whole 'beater' thing that was translated just recently.
Jul 7, 2012 7:35 PM

Feb 2012
The first episode really got the main points down and, definitely was suspenseful in my opinion xD It really makes me just wanna go read the light novel/manga xD but, I think I'll wait if I start hearing that the anime is nothing like the novel/manga then I'll transfer over to it.
Jul 7, 2012 7:37 PM

Dec 2011
OMG FINALLY IN A FEW MONTH I FEEL SO EXCITED FOR THE FIRST EPISODE!!!! THIS IS WHAT AN ANIME SHOULD BE!
Jul 7, 2012 7:38 PM

Feb 2010
InfiniteDestiny said:
For real, dnt feed the trolls, let then freaken starve

Just like how everyone in this show would starve to death.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/technology/4137782.stm

Think of the children.
Jul 7, 2012 7:41 PM

Jun 2012
A game of survival, FuCK YEAH!!!
Jul 7, 2012 7:42 PM

Apr 2012
this episode is awezummmm !!
Jul 7, 2012 7:46 PM

Aug 2010
-Waits for 2022-
It would be so badass if a game like this was actually created.
Jul 7, 2012 7:49 PM
Dec 2009
Paiguy said:
InfiniteDestiny said:

Think of the children.

They don't starve, all but those who have died have been moved within a span of two hours to local hospitals where they are hooked up to an IV that will keep them alive while they are completing the game.
Jul 7, 2012 7:52 PM

Aug 2008
wow this is like a shitty matrix ripoff
Apr 2009
bookkid900 said:
Paiguy said:
InfiniteDestiny said:

Think of the children.

They don't starve, all but those who have died have been moved within a span of two hours to local hospitals where they are hooked up to an IV that will keep them alive while they are completing the game.

what the fuck that's even more ridiculous

are you making this up or is that actually for real

Apr 2010
TBizzle said:
wow this is like a shitty matrix ripoff

Meets Fractale.

brb throwing up
Jul 7, 2012 7:54 PM

Jan 2012
First Impressions of Sword Art Online.

Way better than I expected.
Jul 7, 2012 7:55 PM

Feb 2010
what the hell is an IV, sounds like something that would be in a shitty matrix ripoff
Jul 7, 2012 7:57 PM
Nov 2008
I've watched lots of anime based in hospitals (such as Scrubs and Green Wing) and I can confirm that is literally impossible

unrealistic imo
Jul 7, 2012 7:58 PM

Oct 2009
Saineria said:
Yanoflies said:

Can't fucking wait.

I think they're going in chronological order. They're having Asuna's and Kirito's first meeting (not the one in Vol. 1), and the whole 'beater' thing that was translated just recently.

:(
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 7, 2012 8:01 PM

Feb 2012
wasnt bad but not god either but there mirror part had me on the floor XD, i gotta watch this on my laptop instead of my phone, sigh too bad it's all the way in england.
Jul 7, 2012 8:03 PM

Feb 2012
Yumekichi11 said:
KawaiiBitch said:
Okay this series started off a lot better than I'd expected.
I feel like it has a lot of potential and it was interesting to watch.

If they're going to have to beat all 100 floors though, I'm curious as to how long this series will end up being. Has it been announced anywhere?
Rumors are panning out into a 24 episodes series however I demand a 2 cour so 48 episodes would be nice.

Anyone vibes of:
http://myanimelist.net/anime/3230/Druaga_no_Tou:_The_Aegis_of_Uruk
http://myanimelist.net/anime/5507/Senjou_no_Valkyria:_Gallian_Chronicles
these 2 series or some of their elements?

Ya I would assume if they are doing the anime all the way to the finish of the novel ( which I'm assuming is finished? ) it would take more then, 26 episodes lol. I'm all for your plan the more the better >:) ( So long as it stays good )
Jul 7, 2012 8:06 PM

Feb 2012
Persocom said:
Promising. What I want to know, is how do they stay alive in RL at the same time if they can't eat, sleep, use the bathroom, etc. They just crap themselves and die of starvation?

I did get quite into this though, I had no idea what it would be like and the idea really makes me think. Definitely watching through to the end.
I'm assuming that since the before the guy told everyone over 200 people had already died so I'm sure police and, parents will be moving the children to hospitals or setting it up in there room. It's the same as if they were in coma they would have to be fed through tubes and, by the hospital which again i'm assuming since there are 10,000 people around the world that are in this state will be put into the hospital.
Jul 7, 2012 8:16 PM

Sep 2008
Extremely promising. Did not disappoint me, though I haven't read the novels and don't know how good this was compared to that.

Definitely watching this from now on.

Animation was better than I expected having seen the PVs. Hope it doesn't get worse.

Also, the unrealisticness of the situation doesn't bother me in the least.
Jul 7, 2012 8:16 PM
Jul 2018
Paiguy said:
what the hell is an IV, sounds like something that would be in a shitty matrix ripoff

I know someone who would actualy listen to what you have to say.
www.cleverbot.com
Jul 7, 2012 8:19 PM
Aug 2010
@MidnightPride to correct you on one thing, its only 10,000 people from Japan. Mainly cause well, the SAO game sever is based in Japan. Plus it's a new game anyway, screw the rest of the world lol.
Your right on the parents and police (should add in Japanese gov too). Not like it's okay to just let 10,000 people starve to death in their comatose state or anything...
Either way keeping the players alive (in real life that is) will probably be explained in ep 2 anyway...
Jul 7, 2012 8:21 PM

Oct 2009
MidnightPride said:
Yumekichi11 said:
KawaiiBitch said:
Okay this series started off a lot better than I'd expected.
I feel like it has a lot of potential and it was interesting to watch.

If they're going to have to beat all 100 floors though, I'm curious as to how long this series will end up being. Has it been announced anywhere?
Rumors are panning out into a 24 episodes series however I demand a 2 cour so 48 episodes would be nice.

Anyone vibes of:
http://myanimelist.net/anime/3230/Druaga_no_Tou:_The_Aegis_of_Uruk
http://myanimelist.net/anime/5507/Senjou_no_Valkyria:_Gallian_Chronicles
these 2 series or some of their elements?

Ya I would assume if they are doing the anime all the way to the finish of the novel ( which I'm assuming is finished? ) it would take more then, 26 episodes lol. I'm all for your plan the more the better >:) ( So long as it stays good )

Actually a 1 sour series is usually 12-13 episodes [Japan's tv seasons are only about 12-13 episodes long, that's why all the interviews for GC said it was such a risk to make a new series 2 cour long without knowing the response]. So a 2 cour series will be about 24-26 episodes long with a short break in the middle around episode 12 or so.

Also, there is no real information about the last half of the series... We can only guess based on the information at hand, but there has been a bit of debate about whether or not they will include volumes 3-4 [ALO arc]. Personally I think they should in the later half of the series since volume 4 is a much better end than Volume 1 [Vol. 2 is all SS so there is no end].

Then they can take their time to get approval for another run and do the GGO and Mother's Rosario stories [maybe a few SS as well]. After all that... if they can manage to get support, they can tackle Alicization, all in one go. That arc is by far the longest. They could probably manage it in 2 cour.

But it all comes down to support from the fans and if the demand is enough...

MidnightPride said:
I'm assuming that since the before the guy told everyone over 200 people had already died so I'm sure police and, parents will be moving the children to hospitals or setting it up in there room. It's the same as if they were in coma they would have to be fed through tubes and, by the hospital which again i'm assuming since there are 10,000 people around the world that are in this state will be put into the hospital.

Technically this only a JApan game... the LN mentions that the initial release was only in Japan and only 10k copies were released.

Also the Japanese Government is footing the bill for all the gamers care. According to the LN.
Jul 7, 2012 8:23 PM

Feb 2010
SergioSource said:
Paiguy said:

http://www.cleverbot.com

how could i talk to a website stop trolling me man
Jul 7, 2012 8:24 PM

Feb 2012
FlavoryFantasy said:
@MidnightPride to correct you on one thing, its only 10,000 people from Japan. Mainly cause well, the SAO game sever is based in Japan. Plus it's a new game anyway, screw the rest of the world lol.
Your right on the parents and police (should add in Japanese gov too). Not like it's okay to just let 10,000 people starve to death in their comatose state or anything...
Either way keeping the players alive (in real life that is) will probably be explained in ep 2 anyway...

My bad lol I thought it said around the world xD but, regardless your right they wouldn't let 10,000 people just die. They need to get the Japanese Secret Service up in that guys lab and, start hacking those computers and, try to get access to a master account and, start logging people out :S

Oct 2009
Paiguy said:
SergioSource said:
Paiguy said:

http://www.cleverbot.com

how could i talk to a website stop trolling me man

You have to jking.... Tell me you aren't this internet iliterate.

Dec 2009
literally the most infantile concept I've ever seen come out of an anime

harem fanservice shows don't got nothing on this
Jul 7, 2012 8:27 PM

May 2011
I felt extremely positive about this. But then again, it is probably also two big things at work. I think of .hack//sign and I hope for something I actually like this time around. And I still daydream about playing one MMORPG or another from time to time. Neither of which have much to do with this actual series. But I think without those at work I would like it anyway. The whole being hesitant around people and wanting to know what's going on has me drawn in.
Jul 7, 2012 8:31 PM

Oct 2009
MidnightPride said:
FlavoryFantasy said:

My bad lol I thought it said around the world xD but, regardless your right they wouldn't let 10,000 people just die. They need to get the Japanese Secret Service up in that guys lab and, start hacking those computers and, try to get access to a master account and, start logging people out :S

Unfortunately they tried that.... Didn't work according to the LN. They did manage to gather intel of the goings on in the game [characters stats mostly, no actual data on the goings on and what is going on].

Spoiler for the anime if they do Volumes 3-4[DO NOT READ UNLESS YOU WANT TO KNOW WHAT HAPPENS AT THE END OF VOLUME 1 AND MOST LIKELY THE ANIME]
Jul 7, 2012 8:43 PM

May 2009
I wasn't expecting to like it as much as I did.

And oh no, I kept hearing and seeing Kotetsu whenever Klein spoke.
Jul 7, 2012 8:46 PM
Mar 2012
Firestalker5 said:

Also, there is no real information about the last half of the series... We can only guess based on the information at hand, but there has been a bit of debate about whether or not they will include volumes 3-4 [ALO arc]. Personally I think they should in the later half of the series since volume 4 is a much better end than Volume 1 [Vol. 2 is all SS so there is no end].

Then they can take their time to get approval for another run and do the GGO and Mother's Rosario stories [maybe a few SS as well]. After all that... if they can manage to get support, they can tackle Alicization, all in one go. That arc is by far the longest. They could probably manage it in 2 cour.

if that's the scenario it would be so nice, 'cause vol.4 makes such a much a better end than volume 1

Jul 7, 2012 8:47 PM

Dec 2009
You guys think its good for them not to add magic?
Jul 7, 2012 8:51 PM

Dec 2009
Just dropping this off just in case he wasn't trolling...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Intravenous_therapy
Jul 7, 2012 8:54 PM
Jul 2012
setsun3z said:
Just dropping this off just in case he wasn't trolling...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Intravenous_therapy

I would be worried if he wasn't trolling.
Jul 7, 2012 9:04 PM

Oct 2009
KingofConquerors said:
Firestalker5 said:

if that's the scenario it would be so nice, 'cause vol.4 makes such a much a better end than volume 1

There was also a bunch of junk in that Arc... I'll refrain from major spoilers but the whole first part of Vol. 4 with the God Mob, not needed at all.

xlRevanlx said:
You guys think its good for them not to add magic?

Actually I do think so... No magic actually makes the game harder [bad if you were in this situation though]. They do have potions and crystals that serve basically the same purpose, but their consumable. So that means they're also valuable.
Pages (19) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» What even is SAO anymore?

Hango-Man - Apr 27

39 by Hango-Man »»
5 hours ago

Poll: » Sword Art Online Episode 23 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

bippo - Dec 8, 2012

480 by amf85 »»
Apr 27, 5:20 PM

Poll: » Sword Art Online Episode 19 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Nov 10, 2012

680 by amf85 »»
Apr 27, 2:32 PM

Poll: » Sword Art Online Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 22, 2012

734 by amf85 »»
Apr 26, 7:25 PM

» Dropping while it's still good ( 1 2 )

SIimyBread - Apr 15

64 by SIimyBread »»
Apr 26, 4:03 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.